[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Become The Vampire Quest 31
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 4
File: OP Image.png (115 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
OP Image.png
115 KB, 894x894
Become The Vampire 31

You cradle the empty cup of ramen in your hands and gaze into it. Fenright has been going on for the past few minutes about the fundamental principles of golems, how they're a seamless blend of science and magic, right down to the most basic clay forms that inspired the stories from the Jewish faith.

“It's pretty fascinating, right? I mean, even the crudest understanding of biology and they managed to make simple muscles using lumps of clay.”

You nod your head slightly.

“It's pretty impressive, yeah. Hey, so... I've decided that I want to go with you to the Bizarre, just to be on the safe side. I mean, I'm the one who caused all this, I want to see it through. Plus I want to be there for her, I don't want her to think that I abandoned her or anything.”

You look at Fenright, who seems puzzled by something.

“Alright, you can come with us if it'll satisfy you, but I have two conditions. They're easy ones though. I'm guessing Meliora took you to the Bizarre, so that's how you know about it. Try to keep it a secret if you can, it's not the sort of thing we want everyone knowing about. I'm sure you've seen why, and if you haven't already, you probably will today.

My second condition is that no matter what happens, don't stop it. The person we'll be visiting only has a limited amount of time to see us today, just long enough to do his work and help Athena. If she's in pain or struggles or anything of the sort, let it happen. If we miss this chance then we won't get another shot for a week, and by then her core will be toast.”

You set down the cup and get to your feet.

“I can agree with that.”

You're not sure if you really can, but you know that if you don't say it then there's no way Fenright will let you go along. He smiles and grabs your empty cup, disposing of it along with his own.

“Then let's get moving. She should be ready to go now.”
>>
He pulls out a remote and presses a button on it, and the clear plastic cube slowly dismantles itself, receding into the floor. Athena sits up on the bed and looks over at you, waving weakly. After the suit adjusted itself to her older form it's flopping around again. She gives you a little smile, and you walk over to her while Fenright grabs a fresh lab coat.

“If you wouldn't mind carrying her, that would speed things up a little. We'll be using a transporter pod to get there faster.”

You walk over to Athena and stroke her hair, and she latches onto you for a few moments.

“Sleepy...”

You nod and hold her.

“Rest for a bit. We're gonna make sure you're all better.”

You scoop her up and hold her to your chest as she curls up against you, and when Fenright opens up the capsule you climb inside with her. It's actually pretty roomy, which is strange considering that it looked a lot smaller from the outside. Fenright smiles at you expectantly, like there's some reference that you should be getting that you're missing entirely. You sit down with Athena and Meliora climbs in, moving next to you. Fenright presses a few buttons by the door.

“The process is almost instantaneous, but you might feel a slight tingling sensation. That's natural, it just means that some of your proteins refolded incorrectly during transport and they're being refolded so you don't get poisoned or have a stroke.”

You don't really have a retort for that, so you let it slide. He's obviously survived the process before, because really, who builds a teleportation device and then doesn't immediately test it out? You close your eyes and relax, giving Athena a gentle squeeze. There are a few beeps, and then a sensation like you're being sucked through a straw like your body is a great big juice box, and as your outermost layer turns inside out you see a flicker of darkness and a pale man in a hood that obscures his face.

“Mr. Spencer. What a pleasant-”
>>
Right as you fully register his presence you come to in the alley above the Bizarre. Athena is standing by Fenright while Meliora opens up the passage down. Fenright smiles at you.

“We'll get teleported back automatically in about an hour or so. It's a little bit hard to set precisely. It's like a yo-yo. We conserve energy by tunneling back exactly the way we came. Try to be right around this spot when it happens or you'll be out for a while.”

You nod a bit and brush yourself off, trying to come to grips with what just happened. As Meliora slips down the passage, Athena right behind her, Fenright helps you to your feet.

“And hey... I appreciate you doing this. I mean, it's not exactly a sign of emotional stability or health, but who am I to act like I'm a paragon of... that kind of thing. I get where you're coming from. I just hope that you'll be able to see things the way that I do too. Now try not to get seperated from us, alright?”

He turns and descends, and you head for the ladder when your phone goes off. You check the screen. Jennifer's calling you.

>Character sheet
http://pastebin.com/YMGdCy7Q
>Rules
Same system as Become The Dragon Quest. If you don't know what that is, it's best of three d20 rolls. I name a stat that sums up what you're trying to do, and if I don't name a relevant skill, you try to fill in the blank based on what you're trying to accomplish. “Break open the door” might be Strength based, but if you've been playing baseball after school and there's a lead pipe nearby, you could apply your Baseball skill to the roll. A 20 on the die is a crit threat, and if either of the other two rolls is 20 or higher after mods, it's a critical. A crit fail is when you have two or more 1s. So far this system has worked out well enough. We'll get into combat rules as needed, but in basic terms you have wounds, not HP, and the worse the wounds, the more penalties you accrue while doing other things.

Most Important Rule:
Have fun.
>>
>Answer the call and stay topside for better reception
>Follow Fenright down, check in with her later
>Text her that you're busy and descend
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44816549
>>Text her that you're busy and descend
Athena sick because of my fuck up went to go get her core fixed with Fenright in Bizzare.
>>
>>44816549
>>Text her that you're busy and descend
>>
>>44816549
>Text her that you're busy and descend
>>
You send Jennifer a quick message letting her know that you're in the middle of helping save Athena's life from your own mistake and follow Fenright down, contemplating whether or not you should have called it a “spelling error” or something along those lines. Usually Jennifer would just text you, so you know it's probably something important, but you've got something to take care of right now. When you reach the bottom you follow the same path as last time and find the door wide open already. Meliora glances at you before walking inside, taking Athena's hand. Fenright follows along behind them, and you bring up the rear.

The Bizarre is frantic and busy today, more so than usual, and you almost lose sight of Fenright a few times as you walk along. The shops are all different today, either that or you're in a completely different part of town. Things seemed fairly normal in the last area you went to, but now the paths are full of strange and curious monstrosities that look more like Lovecraftian horrors than the monsters you're used to seeing. You get the nagging feeling you're heading somewhere deeper and darker than before.

-

Sleuth roll plus Perception, +2
>>
Rolled 11 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>44816842
>>
Rolled 9 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>44816842
Inb4 Jennifer is dead when we get back.
>>
Rolled 5 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>44816842
samefag last roll
>>
>>44816988
I'm not dead, I just had to help unload some bags from the car. Typing now.
>>
You keep an eye on Fenright while trying to take in the sights and sounds around you. It slowly gets harder and harder to keep track of Fenright around each winding turn and down each twisting passage, and you lose track of him around a sharp bend. When you reach it he's nowhere to be seen, and you curse under your breath.

>Hunt around for him, catch up with the group
>Give up and shop, they'll find you when Athena is alright
>Double back and head for the exit, this isn't a safe place
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44817352
>>
>>44817352
>>
>>44817352
>>
>>
Rolled 6 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>44817407
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>44817407
>>
Rolled 18 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>44817407
>>
>>44817471
Thank god.
>>
You glance around quickly and try to remember how you got around last time. When you needed to find Meliora, you just closed your eyes, focused on a path to her, and took a step. You do the same thing, this time focusing on Fenright, Athena and Meliora, and take a few steps. When you open your eyes again you come to a stop outside a strange store. It looks a little like a video game store from the outside, which makes it stick out like a sore thumb. You step inside and find the group talking to a... brain in a jar?

“...so we'd like a rush job before she explodes.”

The liquid inside the jar bubbles and Fenright nods.

“Right, but that just makes it more interesting. And we both know you can't resist a challenge.”

The liquid bubbles again, and Fenright grins.

“Sure, I don't mind at all. You'll be working on her anyway. Just make sure that she's not in any pain and it shouldn't be a problem.”

The jar turns slightly on the counter, the brain shifting a bit and “facing” you before bubbling for a few moments. Fenright looks over his shoulder at you.

“I don't think that's a good idea. He's barely a novice at magic. Plus he's the reason she got damaged. I-”

The liquid bubbles violently as if boiling, and some of it splashes onto the counter. Fenright sighs softly.

“Oliver, C-37 wants to know if you'd like to participate in helping restore Athena. It's probably going to result in you losing a limb in the process, there's a reason he's just a brain in preservative fluid now. He doesn't exactly practice safe magic.”

The brain glows and Fenright is lifted into the air by several inches before being tossed towards the door. He lands with a thud, tumbling a few feet before groaning softly.

“I'm alright, I fell on my science.”

He slumps against the door frame, adjusting his crooked glasses. You get the feeling you don't have much of a choice.

>I'll help, what are we doing?
>I'd rather not get something chopped off
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44817648
>>I'll help, what are we doing?
We really should have practiced rune magic last night instead of blood.
>>
>>44817648
>>
>>44817648
>>
>>44817648
>Of course I'll help
>>
>>44817691
We did both. Though the runes we learned seem more useful for teleporting part of somebody than anything else.
>>
>>44817771
So just an extremely useful thing that is considered one of the most powerful and iconic abilities in all of magic, then.
>>
You turn to the jar.

“I'll help. What are we doing?”

The brain glows again, a deep purple color that permeates the liquid in the jar, and it slowly slithers out of its container. The fluid swells and forms into a crude body that makes you think of a swamp monster, and its outer layer turns opaque.

“We. Operate. Extract. Core. Dismantle. Repair. Put. Together. You. Cut. Learn. Understand. I. Teach.”

He turns and heads for the door behind the counter, leaving a series of sticky, slimy footprints in his path that hiss quietly. Meliora walks over to Fenright.

“I'm gonna keep him out of trouble.”

You nod and look at Athena, who quietly takes your hand. She looks nervous. You pat her on the head gently and lead her to the back. The stock room is dimly lit, and C-37 moves a few boxes around revealing strange carvings on the floor. His body melts, filling the etchings, and his brain sits in the center. As the goo glows, the brain levitates, growing a spinal cord, then a crude skeleton, and over the next few seconds the rest of a true body. He stares at you blankly, naked, slightly overweight and balding.

“Now. Extract.”

He points to a knife on one of the shelves.

>Get carving, it's for her own good
>I'm not comfortable taking a knife to my own daughter
>Athena, can you expose your core for us?
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44817799
Well yea. Really, we learned Location and Quantity, and that the lesser runes that set the definitions for the spell write themselves according to what pur subconscious feels is right.

My immediate thought was an impact triggered spell that teleports a liter hemisphere of whatever we hit 3 meters straight up.
>>
>>44817849
>>
>>44817849
>>
>>44817849
>>
>>44817849
>>Athena, can you expose your core for us?
>>
You look at the knife for a moment, then at Athena.

“Athena, can you expose your core for us?”

Athena nods and unzips the front of her suit a few inches, closing her eyes tightly and plunging her hand into her chest. She whimpers quietly as her chest slowly opens, revealing the metallic core within. C-37 looks at you without a flicker of emotion, before levitating the knife over to you and attempting to force the handle into your hands.

“Athena. Deactivate. Limp. Stabilize. Oliver. Extract. Manually. Now.”

You look at the knife, then at Athena. She opens her eyes and looks at you, turning towards you.

“It's alright, Daddy...”

Her wound closes slowly and her eyes go dull as she slumps against you, core glowing a bit brighter as it slowly vanishes from view.

“Safe. Harmless. Extract.”

>I can't do this to her
>There's got to be another way
>I'll do it. To save her, whatever it takes.
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44818052
>>
>>44818052
>>
>>44818052
Though we should have been able to pull her out like before, into her blue navi looking form.
>>
>>44818052
>suspicionintensifies.gif
>>
You ease Athena to the ground and look at C-37. He's just watching you, staring blankly, like he connected just enough nerves together to be able to see but not enough to express actual emotion. You grip the knife tightly and carefully make the first cut. There's no reaction from Athena, not even a trickle of blood, and you struggle your way through the rest of the process, slowly removing her core from her chest. Her body turns to red, rotting goo in moments. The suit does an admirable job of containing the odor, but it still leaks through.

“Good. Observe.”

C-37's eyes glow brightly and the core is ripped from your hands, hovering in front of him. Slowly it begins to come apart into sections, layer after layer of interconnecting components. At the very heart of Athena's core is a glowing sphere, barely an inch across, that resembles an orb of sputtering electricity. C-37 looks at it for a few moments.

“Irreparable. Hopeless. Discard. Replace.”

C-37's arm raises slightly and the orb drifts towards you.

“New. Required. You. Make. Now.”

His arm lowers again. You have no idea how to make one of these things, or even what it is.

>Try your best to fix it
>Ask what the heck it is
>Admit that you can't do it
>See if you can buy a replacement
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44818345
>Try your best to fix it
>>Ask what the heck it is
If he's trying to get us to destroy her soul, I'm gonna hurt him.
>>
>>44818345
>Try your best to fix it
>Ask what the heck it is
>>
>>44818345
>Ask what the heck it is
Then, assuming it isn't her personality,
>try our best to fix it.
And if we can't then
>admit we don't know how
>>
>>44818345
>>Ask what the heck it is
>Try your best to fix it
>>
>>44818345
>Admit that you can't do it
>>
You use your telekinesis to pull the orb closer and sit down, looking at it.

“I have no idea what this is or how to make one, but I can try... What is this, anyway?”

C-37 stands there for a few moments in silence, before shuddering slightly.

“Primary reaction chamber. Converts magic into other forms of energy and fuel. Leaking magic into other spells, overloading them. Needs to be replaced, cannot be repaired. New body does not require fuel or electricity, only calories. Incompatible with new form.”

You cradle it in your hands for a moment, trying to get a feel for how the spell works, but he's pretty accurate. It's like a black hole, drawing magic in to process it. There's no telling precisely what spells go into making one of these, or how altering them will affect any other part of her core. No wonder your rune magic caused so much chaos.

>Rune magic time
>Couldn't we just buy a new one from someone if this is what needs replacing?
>I don't know where to begin. I can't do this.
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44818603
>Rune magic time
Let's do this, bois
>>
>>44818603
>Rune magic time
Pretty straight forward, I guess. We just need to make her a stomach.
>>
>>44818603
>Rune magic time
>>
>>44818603
>>Rune magic time
>>
>>44818603
>Rune magic time
I'm going to use rune magic, pointers if you have any.

God if you're listening and in a giving mood, I could use divine inspiration right now.
>>
>>44818677
>God
We'd probably get more help calling on Mom or Dracula.
>>
Smarts roll, +0
Spirit roll, +2
Luck roll
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>44818729
Smarts
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>44818729
smarts
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>44818729
Smarts
>>
Rolled 15 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>44818729
spirits
>>
Rolled 14 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>44818729
Spirit
>>
Rolled 20 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>44818729
spirit
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>44818729
Luck
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>44818729
luck

>>44818696
Mom doesn't have the power for this, And I doubt Dracula would care enough to intervene. We've haven't broken the big G's laws so he miiiiight help us out if we're lucky.
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>44818729
Luck
>>
>>44818794
>We've haven't broken the big G's laws
Why do you think Athena will be reaped if she leaves town?

We created false life, why would he help us with that? Zeke works for big G, he's not an ally in this quest
>>
>>44818729
12/20/18

By god we might just do it.
>>
>>44818799
>>44818775
Saved!
>>
>>44818729
>>44818746
12 smarts
>>44818775
22 spirits
>>44818799
18 Luck
>>
>>44818825
>Why do you think Athena will be reaped if she leaves town?
Because as Angie put it, Zeke is an overzealous asshole who enjoys his work too much. He LIKES killing monsters which is why this place is a no fly zone for him. Remember the devil was an angel too, he just twisted his purpose too much.
>>
>>44818864
Admittedly, if we got a positive answer from on high, it might protect Athena a bit. I wouldn't expect it though.
>>
>>44818891
it'd be hilarious though
>>
You bite your finger gently and place your hand on the ground.

“I'm gonna be using rune magic, just so you know.”

C-37 just stands there, expressionless as usual, and you focus on the task at hand. You don't know how to make it from scratch, so step one is trying to work out what makes this thing tick. You let your mind wander, focusing on covering as many bases as you can, and you cast the spell. The sphere comes apart all at once, releasing a cloud of blue mist, but as it collapses and breaks apart you spot a few important details. There were layers to it, magic being drawn in, made denser and pushed outwards before being converted into other things.

You crack your knuckles and focus on the first layer, something to draw magic in. Then the next one. Then the next. It takes time, and you're pretty sure you're running on luck more than skill, but when it begins to spark and crackle, leaking out a constant trickle of gooey, sugary syrup you smile to yourself. It's incredibly crude, probably inefficient as hell, and you have no idea if it'll remain stable, but you managed it without burning yourself out. Who said this rune magic stuff was difficult?

“Pathetic. It must be larger and produce more energy. It's also too unstable, it will explode in approximately five minutes.”

C-37's eyes glow and the sphere crackles a bit before shattering into pieces.

“Again.”

You look at the fragments of the spells you made as they dissipate into nothingness. Alright, so rune magic is still difficult and you're still in the 'potentially blowing yourself off the face of the planet with every other spell' stage, but that was uncalled for.

>I had it right, you're the one who broke it. You fix it.
>I just wasn't finished. Let me do it again.
>What's the reason you're making me do this? Didn't Fenright hire you for this?
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44819009
>>I just wasn't finished. Let me do it again.
No point in bitching.
>>
>>44819009
>>
>>44819009
>>
>>44819009
>Other (write-in) Use blood magic to draw energy from an ambient source and boost its power
If we can.
>>
>>44819009
>>44819063
Seconded. We'll draw on our own reserves more than normal if need be.
>>
You sigh softly.

“I just wasn't finished with it yet. Let me start over, I can do this.”

C-37 steps closer.

“Can you? Are you able to do this simple task? It is a fundamental transmutation, magic into matter. Conjuring substances from nothing but pure energy. An apprentice can create the reaction chamber of a golem core in moments. You use rune magic spells that would kill you without a second thought and blindly fling your energy around. You succeeded, for an instant, because you made it just stable enough to not collapse the moment the pieces fit together. I will ask again. Can you do this?”

There's a hint of expressiveness in his voice, derision, smug superiority. But right at the end he sounds almost concerned, curious about your capabilities, as though he's worried about your development, or perhaps your confidence.

>Throw in the towel, let him handle it
>Ask him for guidance, try again
>Make one last attempt on your own
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44819217
I have no master, and I've never tried this before. Give me guidance then.
>>
>>44819217
>>Ask him for guidance, try again
Guide me, Darth Brain.
>>
>>44819217
>>
>>44819217
He can be as condescending as he wants. Our pride doesn't matter, compared to Athena.
>>
>>44819217
I've never done this before and I started practicing magic like a few weeks ago. I'll keep trying but some help from a true master would be wonderful.
>>
Spirit roll, +2
>>
Rolled 10 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>44819328
>>
Rolled 11 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>44819328
Guide my hips, brain dude
>>
Rolled 10 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>44819328
>>
Rolled 14 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>44819328
>>
You look at the drifting components of Athena's core for a moment before turning to C-37.

“I want to do this myself, but I need some help. Please.”

C-37's eyes glow brightly and his eyes dim slightly. You suddenly feel a pressure inside your head, and it's as though your sight is drifting further away from you, like you're watching something on a screen.

“Observe. Feel. Understand. I will guide the head and hands, you will control the flow of energy. Feel the way that I move it and sculpt it. There is no need for a rune spell.”

You watch as your hands weave through the air, and you match the flow of energy with the pressure. When C-37 squeezes your mind, you push the magic hard, feeling the way that he manipulates the energy. It's like he's running your magic through a filter or something, each pass transforming it into something slightly different. With each pass he takes a portion of it and forms the next layer of the core, until at last a glowing orb dripping with honey is hovering between your hands. It looks almost like a tiny sun, except for the fact that you're not blind.

C-37's eyes glow and the orb moves to the center of the core, and they slowly reassemble themselves, locking into place. You sit there watching for a few moments, trying to readjust to the strange sensations in your body. It's like how when you learned fire magic for the first time you suddenly felt like you could do anything, except now it's conjuring stuff. You know that if you try you'll probably just pass out, but it's a good feeling. Progress.

As Athena's core floats back into the suit the odor begins to fade away, her core drawing in all the sludge and forming a new body. She sits there for a few moments, breathing and staring up at the ceiling. She smells vaguely of honey, along with a faint, familiar odor that you can't place. She sits up and turns to you.

“Fixed...?”

She smiles and tackles you, hugging tightly.

“Fixed!”
>>
You embrace her, holding her close, and C-37's body turns to purple mist, the brain floating back towards the front of the store and the slime flowing out of the cracks in the floor, following behind it. Athena giggles.

“I'm all better now. Thank you.”

You smile to yourself.

“Yep. I fixed you up. I had some help, but...”

Your vision becomes slightly blurry. That spell put you right at the edge of burning out, and being in the Bizarre, with all its strange magics, probably isn't going to be the wisest choice right now.

>Let's shop a bit before we leave, somewhere less strange
>Let's head back up and kill time while we wait for the teleport
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44819509
At least walk around and browse.
>>
>>44819509
>Let's head back up and kill time while we wait for the teleport
Thank C-37
>>
>>44819509
Thank C-37
>>
>>44819509
>>
>>44819509
>>Let's shop a bit before we leave, somewhere less strange
Somewhere safe, for both of us.
>>
>>44819531
>>44819545
I also want to thank him.
>>
You slowly get to your feet with Athena's help and smile at her.

“Let's head somewhere a bit safer... I wanna browse around a little bit.”

Athena nods and smiles, walking out to the front. You follow behind her and spot Meliora and Fenright. Fenright gives you a funny look, smiling after a moment.

“Huh. So you didn't blow up. I should probably trust you more. Then again, knowing C-37, he probably took over your part too, right? He's really hard to please.”

He laughs a bit, even as he's lifted into the air, and stops right as he's being pulled back for another throw.

“Take a joke, will you!?”

Meliora grabs his wrist and pulls him back towards the ground.

“If that concludes our business then we should leave.”

You shrug slightly.

“I wanted to shop a bit, we've got a bit of time, right?”

Meliora sighs softly.

“If you're shopping then do it alone. We need to get Athena somewhere safe and away from prying eyes before anyone gets a good look at her or her spells.”

You nod a bit and look over at the jar, giving a half-bow. The liquid bubbles gently in response.

>I'll go it alone, I'll meet you up top. I just want to have a look around.
>Let's go up then, we can kill time in the alley
>One of you should come with me so I don't get lost. Meliora?
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44819704
>>
>>44819704
>>
>>44819704
>>
>>44819704
>>
Smarts roll plus Perception, +1
>>
Rolled 8 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>44819830
>>
Rolled 1 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>44819830
>>
Rolled 2 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>44819830
>>
>>44819840
>>44819841
>>44819850
Come on RNGesus
>>
>>44819840
>>44819841
>>44819850
crap
>>
>>44819866
>>44819881
We're just distracted by our adorable daughteru being alright again.
>>
You sigh softly.

“Let's head up then. We can kill time in the alley while we wait, right? I don't want any unnecessary risks right now.”

Meliora nods.

“See? He can be taught.”

She chuckles a bit and Athena giggles.

“Daddy's like a puppy then?”

Meliora shakes her head.

“More like a cat. You need to spray him with water when he gets out of hand or gets into trouble.”

Athena nods and looks at you before puffing out her cheeks a bit. Then she sprays water out of her mouth at you, knocking you to the ground with the force of the stream. She laughs and prances around you.

“Got you!”

You sit there for a few moments.

“Yes. Yes, you did.”

You stand up and the water vanishes almost instantly. Athena grabs your hand and pulls you towards the door.

“Let's go!”

She drags you along, Fenright and Meliora walking behind you, and you smile to yourself. Today hasn't been so bad after all. You sigh softly and look up from Athena just in time to see the person she's about to collide with.

“Come on, Daddy, this way!”

She thugs into Stephen, who looks you in the eye.

“I see that not paying attention to where you're going runs in your family, Oliver.”

He chuckles and crouches down, patting Athena on the head. She looks at him warily, moving behind you and peering around you at him. Stephen rises to his full height once more.

“It's a good thing I found you. I could use an extra pair of hands with somehing.”

>Sorry, I have family matters to take care of
>Meliora, get Athena somewhere safe for me
>What do you need, Stephen? I'm more than happy to help the pack.
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44819966
>I actually got an alert a while ago, I'm gonna see how urgent it is. This just took priority, because...reasons.
>>
>>44819966
>>
>>44819966
>Meliora, get Athena somewhere safe for me
>>
>>44819966
>>
>>44819964
Best reason.

>>44819966
>Sweetie, stay with Meliora somewhere safe for me
>>
You pat Athena on the head gently.

“What do you need, Stephen? How can I help the pack out?”

Meliora and Fenright move to your side, and Meliora gently takes Athena's hand. You look over at them and nod a bit.

“I'll be right behind you guys.”

Meliora smirks at you.

“You better be.”

She turns and walks off, leading Athena away, with Fenright right behind them both. Stephen points down one of the passages.

“There's a store down this way that I take issue with. Trafficking in humans is one thing, they're a food source for certain species of monster. I can't exactly take issue with that in this town. But I take issue with someone trying to sell a pair of werewolves as pets. I'd like some additional help bringing this shop down. I've already gotten support from the other clans, representatives will be arriving shortly, but I think that every little bit counts, don't you agree?”

>This sounds like a 'you' problem to me.
>I'm on a time limit before I get teleported away, but I'll do what I can
>Can I say that I'll help in the way that means I support your idea but don't actually do anything?
>What are we waiting for? Justice must be served.
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44820115
>Oliver used FLAMETHROWER
>>
>>44820115
>>I'm on a time limit before I get teleported away, but I'll do what I can
>>
>>44820115
>>
>>44820115
I wonder if Jennifer is going to be captured
>>
>>44820213
She was probably going to warn us that Stephen was looking for us.

>tfw we end up saving Jennifer's younger sister.
>>
>>44820115
>>I'm on a time limit before I get teleported away, but I'll do what I can
>>
You nod slightly.

“I'm on a time limit that I can't control before I get snatched away by a spell, but I'll do what I can to help out.”

Stephen nods and smiles at you.

“Excellent. The most important task falls to you then. The owner of the shop has a number of items meant for controlling, commanding or manipulating werewolves, which are being used to enslave the pair that are in there. We can overwhelm him with numbers without issue, but if you can destroy or get rid of any of his tricks, it'll make our job a lot easier.”

>You want a thief? I can be a thief.
>I get to break magical things? Awesome.
>Maybe something else would be better suited for me
>Couldn't I just walk into his shop and miscast a rune magic spell?
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44820321
>You want a thief? I can be a thief.
Better at sneaking and running than fighting usually anyways.
>>
>>44820321
>>You want a thief? I can be a thief.
>>
>>44820321
Breaking things is what I'm good at.
>>
>>44820321
>>You want a thief? I can be a thief.
>>I get to break magical things? Awesome.
>>
“You mean I get to steal things, break magical stuff and sneak around? Stephen, you've picked the right man for the job.”

Stephen laughs heartily and guides you along by the shoulder.

“Perhaps. I had a feeling that you'd enjoy the challenges involved.”

After a brief walk he leads you to a shop that looks fairly plain and ordinary, aside from the cages out front. A man stands at a podium, pointing with his cane at one of the cages, which contains two people, a man and a woman, with thick black collars around their necks and nothing else on.

“Step right up, ladies and gentlemen, a one-time, exclusive offer! Live and in captivity, get your very own werewolves! Ideal guard dogs, hardy torture victims or simply entertainment, get your very own today!”

He snaps his fingers and you can see black gemstones on the collars turning pale silver, the color of moonlight. Both of them shudder and squirm, before howling, transforming completely and clawing at the cage, growling and barking at people passing by. You can almost feel the anger radiating off of Stephen.

“Take whatever approach you see fit.”

He turns and walks off, leaving you to figure out the rest on your own.

>Walk right up and buy them, problem solved
>Go inside the shop and look around, scout the objectives
>Sneak into the store and look for stuff to swipe
>Talk to that man, distract him and lead him inside
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44820558
>Sneak into the store and look for stuff to swipe
>>
>>44820558
He has no reason to suspect us yet.
>>
>>44820558
>>Sneak into the store and look for stuff to swipe
Either. We'll steal some toys too.
>>
>>44820558
>>
You walk right past the man and into the store itself. It makes you think of a furniture store, or one of those arts and crafts stores with all the weird stuff everywhere, except for the fact that there are cages along every wall with people locked up. Most of them look at you vacantly, broken inside, while others shake the bars and call out to you, pleading for help. You meander around, trying not to let their cries get to you. It doesn't work as well as you'd hoped.

Most of the items on display seem purely cosmetic. It's like the people being sold are merely ornaments waiting to be bought and put on display, either alive or torn apart and sculpted into something else. You find a book on making skull thrones, and another on properly carving a roasted human for the most appealing presentation.

Finally you make it to the back counter, where a short man in colorful clothing sits on a stool, presiding over a glass case full of various items. Most of them are for controlling humans, but there's a section on the end with a full moon symbol on the front, full of collars, a few rods similar to the cane the man out front had, and a necklace of some sort.

>Ask him about the items
>Smash and grab
>Talk to him about acquiring some slaves
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44820707
>Ask him about the items
We can smash and burn once we know more.
>>
>>44820707
>>Ask him about the items
>>
>>44820707
>>44820736
This. We'll break them all out momentarily.

Starting with killing the tubby man.
>>
>>44820707
>>Ask him about the items
>>
You peer into the case, admiring the different items on display, before looking at the man.

“So what do all these things do? I'm guessing they're for the slaves or something?”

He nods, smiling.

“Correct. There are three important factors to consider when dealing with slaves. Escape attempts, violence, and obedience. We have a wide array of tools to meet every need. Unfortunately our selection for our new werewolf department is still small, but I'm devising new and interesting control mechanisms for their malleable minds that bypass their resistance to physical magic.

For now, we have standard control collars that can also force them to change forms on command, control rods for remote manipulation, and a necklace crafted from lunar rock that force a werewolf to act as though it were the full moon. After all, what's the fun of buying a bitch if you don't get to ravage her, right?”

He laughs, and you laugh along with him, trying to make it sound genuine.

>Can I see the necklace and collars? I was considering getting a werewolf.
>Mind showing me a few of your favorites?
>Deck him, swipe shit, run
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44820917
>Other (write-in)
>Oliver used FLAMETHROWER

We're on a time limit .
>>
>>44820917
>>44820976
Oh yea, changing vote.>>44820947
>>
>>44820917
changing from >>44820992
to backing >>44820976
we've got a limit, he can be on fire, fire can also break the shiny things, hope the human cattle get out too.
>>
>>44820917
>>44820976
>>44820992
Second. We'll burn him, and take the keys. Free them all.
>>
Spirit roll, +2
>>
Rolled 1 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>44821043
>>
Rolled 9 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>44821043
>>
Rolled 15 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>44821043
>>
>>44821058
>>44821065
Come on Ollie

>>44821079
saved it.
>>
File: 1442381527919.gif (2 MB, 331x240) Image search: [Google]
1442381527919.gif
2 MB, 331x240
>>44821079
thank god we can still start fires like an idiot
I like that, the moment Oliver knows he doesn't have time for this shit, he'll solve it in the simplest way possible.
>>
>>44821138
Yep. Aside from the whole "pretty much already being burnt out thing".
>>
You look at him for a few moments. Lots of fabric. Highly flammable. You pull out your lighter and make a motion like you're about to light a cigarette when he holds up his hand.

“No smoking in the store, sir.”

You light the flame.

“No? That's a shame.”

You sigh dramatically, focusing as you inhale and pointing the lighter at him. You let the magic flow down your arm, emptying the rest of your reserve and pushing yourself to the brink of burn out. The flame leaps forward, swelling and forming a crude cone of flame. You don't have nearly enough magic to burn him to a crisp, but you did manage to light his robes on fire. He screams and bats at the flames, shrieking in pain. You feel pretty dizzy now, but you're still conscious.

>Grab stuff and run for it
>Flee now and give a signal to Stephen
>Finish him off
>Investigate behind the counter, look for a back room
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44821138
Well, if we could use air we'd choke him out, but fire is all we know.

>>44821222
Boss, would you rather we just punch it out? Cause that's plan B
>>
>>44821278
>Grab stuff and run for it
>Flee now and give a signal to Stephen
>>
>>44821278
>Finish him off
Suit up and beat him to death. We should have plenty of anger from this store
>>
>>44821278
>Finish him off
>>
>>44821327
>>44821344
Can we not? We need to get out before we're teleported out. The farther we are from the spot, the worse we get hurt.
>>
>>44821278
>>Finish him off
>>
Strength roll plus Brawl, +1
Smarts roll, +0
>>
Rolled 3 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>44821434
>>
Rolled 14 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>44821434
Murderhobos thanks
>>
Rolled 16 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>44821434
Brawl
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>44821434
we should taken the shit and run, now we're going to get fucked up. Anons are idiots.

Smarts
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>44821434
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>44821434
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>44821434
>Smarts roll, +0
>>
>>44821463
>>44821495
17/17
I think we're okay
>>
>>44821519
Burnt out
No suit
About to take MASSIVE damage from not being near the teleport
Failed to secure the magic items like we were supposed too

I doubt it.
>>
>>44821567
>Failed to secure the magic items like we were supposed too
Nah, we were just told to do our thing. Stephen Just wanted us to cause havoc and help destroy this place.
>Not burnt out
>We were tough before the suit, chico
>We'll see, it hasn't been that long yet.
>>
You look at the man for a moment as your laughter dies. You've had a hell of a day, and this place is the icing on the cake. You jump over the counter and grab him by the collar, punching him in the face. It feels visceral and a little cathartic, and you smack him around as the fire spreads across his clothes. You watch for a few moments, panting hard and staring at his bloodied face as he struggles to try to douse himself or snuff out the flames. For a brief moment you can see clearly through the sadistic glee, through the knee-jerk desire to punish the wicked.

You tear yourself away from him and stare at your hands. It had been a thrill to beat him, to enact justice on even the shakiest of grounds. He's a slaver, he sells people for a living and comes up with ways to control him. It's not like it was a bad deed. But the delight you took in smashing his face in makes you shudder. You didn't kill him, or at least, you didn't beat him to death, but the fire will take care of that at this rate. You don't know how much time you have left.

>Grab what you came for
>Look for a workshop, try to find his spellbooks
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44821674
>Grab what you came for
No time
>>
>>44821674
>>Grab what you came for
>>Look for a workshop, try to find his spellbooks
Both of these. Grab first, then look.
>>
>>44821674
>Grab what you came for
>>
>>44821674
>>Grab what you came for
we're out of time, we need to go.
>>
You rush to the case with the collars, necklace and control rods and kick the glass, shattering it. Alarms start going off and you grab the lot, stuffing the rods into one pocket, the collars into the other and putting on the necklace. Nothing happens right away, and you pause to consider that maybe you've got more time than you thought. Fenright did say it wasn't necessarily accurate.

>Run out of here before you get caught by security
>Head for the back room and barricade yourself in while you wait
>Resume senseless violence
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44821887
Find his spellbooks!
>>
>>44821887
>>
Back in just a moment
>>
>>44821887
>>Head for the back room and barricade yourself in while you wait
More Magic, More Power!
>>
>>44821887
>Run out of here before you get caught by security

Anti-teleportation charms may have been erected in response to the alarm.
>>
>>44821887
>>44821927
I'm down with this. It'll hurt, but if we don't take em, they'll let someone do it again.
>>
>>44821961
Fear is a horrible motivation for actions.
>>
>>44821927
>>44821959
>>44821971
Let's suit up as we do so. We may need it.
>>
Strength roll, +0

Sorry for the delay
>>
Rolled 13 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>44823044
>>
Rolled 7 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>44823044
It's all good boss
>>
Rolled 15 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>44823044
>Sleuth roll plus Perception, +2
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>44823044
Strength
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>44823044
Stronk
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>44823044
>Strength roll, +0
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>44823044
Strength
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>44823044
strength
>>
>>44823089
>>44823104
>>44823110
RNGesus, wth?
>>
File: 1446927305833.png (713 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1446927305833.png
713 KB, 600x800
>>44823116
>>44823114
>>44823110
>>44823104
>>44823089
we were fucked from the start, boys
>>
>>44823148
On the other hand, >>44823081
We're sleuthy as fuck.
>>
You run into the back of the shop, looking for a workshop or something similar. You find a concealed passage that leads further into the shop, and you follow it until you reach a workroom filled with tools, books and vials of various fluids. You rummage around a bit and try to find something heavy to push in front of the door before settling on the desk. You give it a shove and manage to hurt your shoulders, before setting the chair in front of the door knob to prevent it from being turned.

The table along one of the walls is covered in various stones, crystals and carved totems, and there's a shelf full of various books. Most of them are in other languages, but you can make out a few titles. “Draconic Magic and You”, “Arcane Tattoo Design”, “The Practical Guide to Artifice” and a few nonsense titles like “Pants”. You can take only what you can carry with both arms, and even then you have to be careful what you teleport back to the others with.

>Books are always handy. Grab a few random ones
>Crystals for deep magic and some carving tools
>Grab some vials, they could be useful for stuff
>Search for secret treasure
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44823281
>Books are always handy. Grab a few random ones
Seems like the most reliable option.
>>
>>44823281
>>Books are always handy. Grab a few random ones
>>
>>44823281
>>Books are always handy. Grab a few random ones
Definitely Arcane Tattoo Design. Maybe Artifice and Draconic magic too.
>>
>>44823311
>>44823322
>>44823333
>11
>22
>33
Clearly we are following the will of the RNGods.
>>
Do you guys thinkk we should we destroy the stuff we sole before so we have more room for phat lewt?
>>
You load up with a few of the titles you can actually read, as well as a few in Latin in the hopes of good fortune, when you feel the tug of the teleportation spell. You can feel the pile begin to slip through your fingers and you make a desperate grab for two of the books as you're ripped away from the store.

-

Luck roll

-

You see a brief glimpse of the pale man again, except this time he doesn't speak. As you crash back into reality you hit the ground with a thud. The teleportation capsule is empty, and you look around. The room is dark, and there's no sign of Fenright, Meliora or Athena. You check your phone, and after taking a moment to sync with local time Miniora informs you that you spent three hours in transit due to the strange geometry of the Bizarre.

Damn it all.

>Inspect your loot first and foremost
>Check in on Jennifer
>Try to contact Stephen
>Try to find Meliora and the others
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44823436
>>Inspect your loot first and foremost
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>44823436
>>
>>44823436
>Call Stephen, tell him we got some of the goods from that store if he ever needs evidence of the bullshittery that was going on there.
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>44823436
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>44823436
>Try to contact Stephen
>Check in on Jennifer
>>
>>44823436
>>
You carry the books over to one of the tables and sit down to look over your haul. You set out the collars, a good half dozen of them, along with the control rods. Each rod is marked, and the marks match to a different collar. One of them is missing a control rod though. You've also got the necklace that makes werewolves act like it's the full moon, which you set by the collars. Then you turn your attention to the books.

The first one is about making arcane tattoos, a school of magic all about making spells similar to rune magic, except that the runes are applied to the skin and made permanent, so that the spells can be recast over and over again with ease. It's a lot more flexible and interpretive than rune magic, with more room for being creative to conceal the spells more easily, and the sigils and glyphs are all listed in the book itself.

The second one is a battered copy of something called “Witch's Brew: A Guide to Potions and Party Drinks”. It's some sort of recipe book for mixed drinks, alchemical concoctions and weird party tricks relating to magic. The inside of the cover lists other titles in the series, including one about making potions into candies. The title is scratched out, but it could be fun to make a chocolate bar that mends wounds.

You sit back in your chair for a moment and take out your phone while trying to figure out what to do with all this stuff. On the one hand, you should probably destroy most of this stuff before it falls into the wrong hands. On the other hand, it could prove useful if ever you need to take out a group of werewolves. There's probably a way to make the collars attach themselves to werewolves from afar or something.

You send a message to Sammy to pass along to Stephen that you made it out alright and to ask about what happened, before calling Meliora up to ask her about where she is. After a few moments she picks up, and you recline a bit further.
>>
“So where are you guys?”

“I'm at the room with Athena right now, we've been waiting for you to emerge from the teleporter. All your limbs intact, I hope? Jennifer's stuff is gone, and there's no sign of her.”

You blinks and look at the stuff on the table for a moment. No, she wouldn't have had time to call if she were being kidnapped. Would she? You sigh softly.

“Well then.”

>Search around for her
>She'll turn up eventually, it's fine
>Get back to your room and drop off your loot before you get caught with it
>Stash the stuff somewhere safe that isn't your room
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44823931
>I'll call her, make sure she's okay then.
>>
>>44823931
>>44823957
This
I hope she got a job and moved out.
>>
>>44823931
>>44823957
Third.
>>
>>44823931
This>>44823957
Find something to bag all this stuff up with.
>>
“I'm gonna give her a call and check in on her, make sure that she's alright.”

“Fair enough. See you later.”

You hang up and dial Jennifer's number, but after a single ring a recorded message tells you that the number has been disconnected. She got a burner phone, but those don't just die spontaneously. Do they? You're not sure. You hope that she got the job and just moved out, that the burner phone expired, and that you're not about to go from one panicked situation to another.

You pack up the collars, control rods, books and the necklace into the nearest tool bag, slipping it over your shoulder and adjusting the strap a bit. A glance at your phone tells you that it's mid afternoon, which gives you a few hours to try to figure out what's going on. Maybe Fenright knows where she is if she's a new member of staff or something. You nod to yourself, trying to stay reassured about the situation.

>Head back to your room to drop off stuff and get Fenright's number
>Call Meliora back on your way to drop off the bag somewhere hidden
>Head back to the room and trust that things are fine
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44824009
We should talk to Stephen about getting off campus dorms near school. We could move all our allies in, and build our own magic lab. I'm starting to think our dorm room won't be big enough, unless we can figure out a way to make it bigger on the inside.
>>
>>44824161
>>
>>44824161
And hug daughteru.
>>
>>44824161
>Contact Angie, make sure the worst hasn't happened.
>>
>>44824161
>>Head back to your room to drop off stuff and get Fenright's number
>>
>>44824161
If Jennifer was kidnapped by anyone, it'd be the Wolfes. It's more likely she just moved out as part of her job though.
>>
>>44824287
We'll do that if Fenright has no info.
>>
You head back to your room and head inside to find the place is a bit of a mess. The couch looks like it's falling apart, and the various cushions that went with it are now integrated completely into a fort. You set the bag down on your bed as quickly as you can, tucking it under your blanket, and look at the fort. You can see the vague shapes of Meliora and Athena under one of the blankets, and you walk over, slipping under to join them.

“Daddy!”

Athena tackles you, smiling broadly. Meliora blushes softly, setting down the plastic tea cup she had been holding.

“Hi there. Did you manage to call her?”

You shake your head and hug Athena, turning her so she's sitting on your lap while you hold her.

“Nope, which is why I'm here. I think she might have left because she got the job, so I need to talk to your dad and see if he knows anything.”

Meliora's eyes glow and your phone dings.

“Well, you've got his number now. Have fun with that.”

You nod and take out your phone.

>Call here and cuddle Athena
>Head off for a bit, in case you need to have a private talk
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44824390
>>Head off for a bit, in case you need to have a private talk
>>
>>44824390
No reason it would turn serious.
>>
>>44824390
Daughteru cuddling vs foresight, the eternal struggle.
>>
>>44824390
>>
>>44824390
Daughter just got better. No reason to just up and abandon her. Jennifer probably just realised how crowded our room is now and decided to give us space
>>
>>44824390
>>Call here and cuddle Athena
>>
You dial Fenright's number and wait. He picks up on the second ring.

“Hello?”

You smile a bit.

“Hey there, Oliver here. I was calling to see if you knew anything about the new math teacher? Apparently the position just got filled or something?”

There's a pause.

“I mean, it did, but how in the world did you know that?”

You sigh and nod to yourself.

“A hunch. Do you know who it is?”

More silence.

“Jennifer Wolfe...? I'm gonna be showing her around the school tonight to help her learn her way around once she gets done with her orientation. Ah, I remember mine... The screaming, the maddening torment of having my entire life laid out in front of total strangers to see if I was a danger to students... I still have the scars.”

>Mind if I tag along for the tour? Let me know when it's going on.
>That's all I needed to know. Thanks, Fenright.
>I wouldn't bother, she already knows the school well enough
>Wait, what? Screaming? Scars?
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44824640
>I wouldn't bother, she already knows the school well enough
>>
>>44824640
>>That's all I needed to know. Thanks, Fenright.
>>
>>44824640

>Wait, what screaming? Scars?
>>
>>44824640
>That's all I needed to know. Thanks, Fenr-
>>
>>44824640
>>
>>44824640
>The screaming, the maddening torment of having my entire life laid out in front of total strangers to see if I was a danger to students... I still have the scars.”
....perhaps...we should have seen what all being staff at this school entails before we just threw her out there.

I'm gonna be pissed if we just sent her into magical slavery.
>>
>>44824785
I wouldn't be surprised if Fenright was just making a joke and it's actually a pretty standard orientation for a private high school.
>>
“That's all I needed to know, actually. Thanks Fenri-”

You pause for a moment and glance at Athena.

“What was that last part? Something about... screaming?”

Fenright chuckles a bit.

“Yeah, standard protocol is half an hour of intensive torture and mental conditioning so that you can stand up to some of the worst things a student can do to you. If you can't hold yourself together but they still want to hire you then they might just put you under special protection, otherwise you get canned right off the bat. I've got a spell etched into the flesh of my back that makes me immune to mind control, for instance. It's just below the skin and then healed over. Or they just find a way to make sure that their control of you can overwhelm whatever control a student might get.”

You feel that sick sensation in your stomach again. Jennifer is tough in terms of her physical stamina, but you have no idea if her mental fortitude can hold out the same way, and she'd heal any spell scarred into her skin to protect her mind.

>Can I come along for the tour? When is it gonna be?
>Thanks for the heads up
>Athena, daddy needs to go play hero for a bit. Be back soon.
>Focus on Athena and Meliora, trust in Jennifer to endure
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44824905
>>
>>44824905
>>
>>44824905
....i told you all we needed to come up with a way to shield her mind.

We didn't force her into this, and she likely knew what she was getting into. We'll just comfort her after the fact. We're completely on fumes rn, no way to play hero successfully
>>
>>44824905
>"Oh...that's...uhm...huh. I feel bad for getting her the job now."
>>
>>44824905
>>
>>44824905
>>44825005
This. She's an adult. And if this doesn't work out, we'll have to find some way to work something out with Stephen.
>>
>>44824905

>>44825004
Yeah, I really doubt our ability to oppose...whatever runs the school. It'd probably just result in death or expulsion.
>>
>>44824964
>>44825034
How? We were on our last legs at the slave market.

If Jennifer doesn't get the job, or refuses it, i have a (weaker) plan 2.
>>
>>44825004
Well the only way to do that that we know of right now would be the absolute loyalty spell...which would be a student's control they couldn't overwhelm, automatically disqualifying her from the position and possibly resulting in further bad shit.
>>
“...When is this tour going to be, exactly? And can I come along? I mean, she's going to be my new math teacher, I should probably meet her.”

“Hmm. I don't see the harm in it. It'll be in an hour or so, give or take. I'll be meeting her at the library once she gets out of her orientation and they have a chance to make sure that she's properly secure.”

You nod.

“Thanks. I'll see you there.”

You pocket your phone and turn your attention to Athena and Meliora, trying to relax. You join in the tea party and goof off, trusting Jennifer to endure, or at least hang in there long enough to pass. You'll comfort her after the fact, you decide. The next hour passes too quickly for your liking, both because of what you might be facing in a few minutes and because time flies when you're having fun. Your phone buzzes to let you know it's time to go right around the time that Athena is beating you at a video game without you holding back for the first time.

>Time to go see what's up with Jennifer
>Grab the necklace on the way out
>Snag a collar, just in case
>Bring something silver
>Let her go do her thing with Fenright, see her tomorrow
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44825066
>>44825114
That's partly because we never researched ways to do it.

But being mind controled is Jennifer's fetish. I don't think they're going to accept her.
We should get the Wolfes to give us a building for magical practice & research, and gets Stephen to assign her as our assistant, she's better than us at the book stuff, after all. (assuming the job falls through)
>>
>>44825181
>>Grab the necklace on the way out
>>
>>44825181
>>
>>44825181
>>
>>44825181
>>
>>44825181
Did people forget what the necklace does or are they being stupid on purpose?
>>
>>44825280
It makes a wolf act like the moon is full. Yes, she'll be horny, but all her other powers will peak too, healing, vicious killer strength, etc. It's a double edged sword of a gift, but something she could use as a last ditch tool.
>>
>>44825280
Stop thinking with your dick, and think with your knifeblade. All werewolves have the potential to be vicious killers, Jennifer just has more self control than most
>>
>>44825329
Don't think it's ever been established that a werewolves' powers grow in strength with the full moon.
>>
>>44825371
Yes it has, by QM. Full moon is when they're closest to their wolf half, new moon is when they're weakest and at their most human. It was...thread 8 or 9 i believe. Hunter's info on werewolves
>>
You pat Athena on the head and give her a kiss on the forehead before heading out to meet with Fenright. He's by the library, but there's no sign of Jennifer. As you walk over he waves and smiles.

“Hey there. I guess we're just waiting on her now. I've heard some pretty awesome things about her from the other members of staff. Apparently she's really pretty, and clever too.”

You nod slightly.

“I've met her before. She's my friend Sammy's mom.”

Fenright looks at you for a moment.

“Uh... Hey, not to alarm you, but they don't normally hire the parent of an enrolled student without special circumstances. I built Meliora specifically to be a student and had to sign all kinds of forms that I wouldn't give her special treatment, and part of her core programming is to reject any handouts from me on principle unless there's good reason to accept it. I think that might be part of why she... Anyway, the point is that-”

The sound of heels clicking against the floor begins moving toward you, and you look down the hall at Jennifer as she walks over. Her suit is crisp and clean, her glasses look different and she has a small notebook in one hand. The most striking thing is the necklace though, mostly because of the jet-black stone hanging off of it and the curious symbol that seems to be etched on it. The rather familiar symbol.

“Professor Fenright, I presume. Is this a student of yours?”

She looks at you, icy and impassive. There's not even a hint of recognition in her expression, even by her standards. Her gaze drifts back to Fenright, who coughs discretely.

“As I was saying, Oliver, lab safety is very important. Sometimes you can't just sign paperwork and hope for the best. Sometimes you have to be absolutely sure there won't be any accidents. I'm sorry, but a piece of paper won't be enough.”

>See if Jennifer has really forgotten you.
>Play along, maybe it's an act.
>Point out the necklace, ask about it
>Walk away, can't deal with this
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44825477
>Point out the necklace, ask about it
>>
>>44825421
Only word I can find on it was only in relation to their behaviors.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.