[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
[Quest] [PACYOA] Operation: "Screwball." Part 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 8
File: TheCastle.jpg (228 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
TheCastle.jpg
228 KB, 1024x1024
As the pilots arrived on safe zones the city clock rang the 12th time. Almost instantly any visible cards lunged at each other to join arm and arm as they sang. Some where giving off a haunting melody while the rest sing a song about waning time. The ones at the castle noticed that anyone outside where forced to sing as well. The sight jarring. But in time the song stopped, and the cards returned to their duties. The ones bothering salt returning for more paint throwing. Everything considered in this place, things where returning to normal as the pilots prepared for whatever they would do next......

>Game starts in 30 min.
>BAS and WHITE are in the cave, MIKE, SALT, EDIN are at the castle. Any other players can join outside the city, but please ready up during the start up time.
>>
There will also be a “take 10” system in effect for this mission. On non-stressful situations(if you can find them), you can automatically be 30 away from target, and roll a d20 to modify it closer to ‘target’. Taking 10 will make it easier to succeed in most cases(easy rolls will be pretty much impossible to fail even), but you cannot use it for dodging, attacking, while being attacked, or if the action would end up putting you through danger.

Basic actions (moving, communicating, observation) will all be success only, so basic actions will happen successfully almost always. There will be three major categories for non-basic actions, DEXY, COMBAT, and TECH. You can only perform ONE TYPE OF ADVANCED ACTION per turn. Rolling DEXY for dodge is NOT an 'advanced action' cost or use unless it is stated otherwise.

Basic actions include just moving around not caring about stealth, releasing out drones for activation, activating camouflage(not the stealth roll), using suit abilities such as bullrush or celerity, and reloading(Hah, who does that anymore...)

DEXY refers to actions such as melee or dodge rolls, and other checks towards maneuverability, agility, and so on. DEXY uses a 'closest to 1' roll on a D100.

COMBAT refers to the act of shooting ranged attacks (NOT melee attacks), plain and simple. COMBAT uses a 'closest to 100' roll on a D100.

TECH refers to anything else really, mostly it's using or fixing your suit's systems. Tech uses a 'closest to 50' roll on a D100.
>>
File: 20160105_175141.jpg (168 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
20160105_175141.jpg
168 KB, 640x480
>>44815493

Build: http://pastebin.com/jFWDbpwm

"Well, some dude in a cave just asked for a bite of mt suit, and now living cards are dancing." Falcon hovered a couple dozen meters over the cave's entrance, watching the castle with his Hawkeye.

"...yeah, I don't even know why I'm still surprised by this shit."
>>
>>44815493
http://pastebin.com/EJHa0MrP

"Alright, I'm going to head for the castle, the town's almost empty due to some sort of curfew."
>>
>>44815493
>>44815650
http://pastebin.com/iADCQBvj
"That doesn't sound too good. I'd ask if we should make the guy take a dirt nap, but I've got one civilian with me." Czar says while doing a check over of his armor.
>>
>http://pastebin.com/rek0Gj9Z

>Might be here, might not be able to make it, meh. I'll try to at least
>>
As the pilots in the city and castle wait for a moment. Everything calms and everything settles. The group in the castle see in the distance that there are human guards standing at the inner castle gates that leads to the castle proper. While the TA suit in the cave just sits there. Doing nothing as he looks at Cazr.... Just waiting....
>>
>>44816076

>MISSION START
>>
>>44815728

"Nah. Dude's harmless. Creepy, but harmless." he sighs "Anyways. Did you see any other civvies around?"
>>
Rolled 94 (1d100)

>>44816119
Sticking to back alleyways and sidestreets Edin continues his approach to the castle. His camoflague keeping him out of sight as he makes his approach.

>Stealth, -25 to dex
>>
>>44816076
"What were those cards trying to do again? After the whole 'Covered in paint thing, anyway."
>>
>>44816325
>>44816076
"Unfortunately no, I only walked past the city on my way here and found this stray. So any ideas on what sort of question I should ask the guy then?"
Czar says with while looking at the TA suit
>>
Rolled 54 (1d100)

>>44816415

"Uh... fuck if I know. Maybe ask what's up with this whole Queen stuff?" he shrugged, still watching the castle, just in case.

>Rollan for Hawkeye
>>
>>44816515
>>44816415
"The woman I found can probably explain better than 20 Questions."
>>
File: the set color.png (290 KB, 8107x8107) Image search: [Google]
the set color.png
290 KB, 8107x8107
>>44815728

Armor is fine, Nobody has taken a hit so far besides some being covered in paint. Like the giant fortress in the town now painted in pokadots.

>>44816325

White can see the civs in the caves. They seem somewhat safe if you ignore that TA sitting there..... doing nothing..... Menacingly.

>>44816336
Call it bad luck, call it fate, maybe even call it Edin not paying attention, but as a civ paints his house in today's poka dot colors a swipe crosses his camo feild. Making him obvious for a moment as everyone stared..... Doing nothing as they return to their activities. Some people on the edge of the tent point and laugh at you though. You reach the castle with no problems but your pride being wounded.

>>44816373

As you say that out loud to speak over radio the cards throwing paint at you say in union "All buildings must be painted the colors set by the queen. that is her law!" At this point the immediate area around salt is covered in paint as he just effortlessly dodges.

>>44816515

Inside the cave all hawkeye can do is look closer, but that seems to be work fine as you see everything in the cave. There isn't much out of the ordinary besides the sage himself.
>>
>>44816373
"If I honestly knew, I would tell you." Asuka shrugs "So, how're we going about this?"
>>
>>44816694
>>44816707
"I guess we keep moving in Rook, they'll keep throwing this crap at us otherwise. So it's for the castle?"

Dragonfly looks down to the suitless human.

"Or you can go back to grab Rook, whichever one doesn't cover us in paint works, I hope."
>>
>>44816694
Edin glances at the gate guards as he approaches the castle, while not all that threatening by themselves the tins of paint they were carrying hinted at his new paint job being expaded.

Now that just wasn't acceptable now was it?

Waving at the guards as nonchalantly as possible, Edin activated his MFE and went to pull the paint can from the card's hands in an attempt to spill the paint all over them instead.
>>
>>44816694
"Oh I finally thought up of something for you, 20 Questions, do you think you can let me know what you know about moving flowers in this area, if not, what can you say about that Queen. Other than that I have nothing for you."
Czar said while looking at at the entrance for the cave.
>>
>>44816912

It was too easy to rip it from their hands, to easy to dump it back on them, but it seems it is too easy for them to keep trying. As soon as you let go of the tins after you dumped the paint on them they take them and rush back into the castle. Seemingly just to fill them back up again..... They just keep trying no matter if they keep getting the same results.

>>44817037

The sage looks at Czar. With 'looking' being a loose term. As he does so the migraine Czar feels is intense. "Heh heh heh. You are an interesting one, but one question is one, not twenty. For more I need to drink. For your question on flowers I will tell you this." He looks away from Czar into the distance of the cave mouth. "Beware those that would have you not notice them. For they would think your betters. Not two metals are the same, for what comes out of one process always changes biased on what is thrown in. Some metal comes out the way desired, some warped, but some metal is broken even before it was forged...."
>>
>http://pastebin.com/Pps7vmNY
>here if needed, just give the word.
>>
>http://pastebin.com/6bRRY3MP
>Standing By
>>
>>44817328
>>44817364

>Post without names and only pastebins....

In the distance a second dropship lumbered into the fog. Already low and to the ground. As it is about to land they received the same transmission from Editi. As as before it broke up at the last stretch. Only now as they arrive at the field of flowers did radio come back up with their allies voices. The dropship took off as soon as they stepped off. The atmosphere seeming chipper at their location.
>>
>>44817224
"Well, I don't know your name, so 20 Questions will have to do. Unfortunately I've lost that great ability to drink long ago, so I don't carry many drinks. Unless you're talking about making me a tap, then I'm not so sure about the consequences for such a thing would be, but I'd be willing."
Czar said with a shrug
>>
Rolled 90 (1d100)

>>44817224

"Okay, yeah, let's just go check this castle out already."

Engines whined to life, and Falcon shot into the air. He kept an eye on his Radar all the way. Flying in a fog wasn't exactly the safest idea ever.

>Rollan TECH
>>
>>44817494
"...Jeez this place looks down right dainty."

The Walking Tank stomps down on the flowers...grumbling a bit.

-This is Redneck, anyone receiving?-
>>
>>44817224
Continuing the routine was staarting to get dull, the guards clearly not caring about how they weren't making any progress in their attempts. Instead Edin focused on any metal the guards had on them and used it to lift them off the ground.

"Hey, stop trying to paint me, I'm not a building you know!"
>>
>>44817582
Walking at a leisurely pace behind him, Mark yawns and stretches, looking around for anything interesting.

"Man, one does not simply get used to riding on one of those. As awkward and cramped as ever, eh?"
>>
>>44817639
"Eh, I've never had problem sleeping in them....then again I could probably sleep anywhere..." The suit shrugged.
>>
>>44817658
"I guess my problem would be I don't sleep then." The cyborg answers, laughing a bit.

He then sighs, sticking his hands in his jacket's pockets. "God, I sound like Cael..."
>>
>>44817794
"...I think I need to shoot something."

-Yooo....Anyone out there?-

He walks about...still not sure where to go.
>>
>>44817552

The sage smiles at Czar, and motions to his arm and makes a cutting motion. "Just bleed and dip over me. Every day I do not step outside is a wonder to me. And every day you drip to me I will answer a question." He then laughs a bit. "But I doubt your metal is pure enough for 20 questions."

>>44817576

In the town proper there was no fog, but when white climbed higher and the radar ping sent out a lock on warning was alerted. The group from the castle can see a spire opening up to expose a guided missile system. It let loose a missile as the lock on was confirmed, but before the missile came to close it exploded into a message. "NO ONE IS TO BE ABOVE THE QUEEN!" The missile launcher reloading at the castle with an audible click.

>>44817587
As Edin lifted the cards trying to throw paint that prompted every cards eyes on him. Even the ones trying to throw paint on salt. The cards with weapons point their weapons at Edin, but their weapons do not fire.

A card rings out. "LIES! Buildings can walk! And you are no human! ALL BUILDINGS MUST BE PAINTED THE COLOR THE QUEEN HAS SET!"
>>
>>44817865
"Goddamn, you guys really are some kinda stupid...."

Edin sighs and levitates a can of paint over to himself and emptying it over his suit. After wiping the paint from his visor he drops the two guards.

"Is that better, will you fucking stop now?"
>>
>>44817865
"It seems as if my friend has left, so I should be on my way. It is a pretty long way to walk there. So what is your name anyways 20 Questions?"
Czar says while walking back the way he came
>>
>>44817865

"...yeah, okay."

His trigger finger twitched.

<Uh, Boss, we should probably just land. Like, we can't start a dogfight over the civvies.>

"Eh..." the pilot considered it for a while "Okay, point." engines powered down, and the suit spread its wings to glide down, stopping a few meters above the ground.

"Anyone home?"
>>
>>44817865
Drache keeps walking through the castle, thankfully with an intact paint-job, keeping a close & suspicious eye on the drones guarding the passage.

"...Anyone else here? I heard that POS Launcher fire off again, and some yelling about whose human and who isn't. Anyone care to say something?"
>>
>>44817862
Drache pauses for a moment, then inspects an incoming message on Dragonfly's radio.

"I'm here, why are you calling? Did you hear the launcher go off as well?"
>>
>>44818237
"Uh....no. Nice to hear your Drache...what the fuck is going on...and where are we needed."

The Tanks starts marching towards the town...and the castle.
>>
>>44818271
"That depends... do you have any washing liquid for a giant robot? Just... try to not let any playing cards get too close to you if you come by the castle. Right?"
>>
>>44817862
"... Yeah, let's just keep going." Mark continues onward, making his way through the flower field, but suddenly coming to a stop.

"Wait, A second."

>running a BIS scan radar
>>
>>44818325
"Cards....right, ok."

>>44818343
Stops and turns, activating his own BIS Radar as well.

>DOING DAT BIS THING
>>
>>44817941

As soon as the paint lands they stop struggling. When they are let go the other cards return to their duties, and besides Edin being covered it seems nothing has changed as the paint throwers go back to trying to cover salt.

>>44817980

The Sage laughed. "That is not only a question, but one that has too many answers. For the name you have given me I will give you a tip, be careful outsider. The metal here is warped. You never know how true the metal is, but everything has truth to it."

The woman in Czar's storage pipes up. "What a kook. Even in the haven of this damned city there is still madness. At least there is a method to this one though. When are we getting out of here?"

>>44817996

As White lowers down the tower closes, the gates are still open as well so that was never an issue. Entering he sees his friends and everything they have seen. Only one of the guards at the entrance to the inner castle reminds him of someone from the past.

>>44818213

The cards ignore you, and it seems the humans as well. They seem to fidget when you spoke though.

>>44818343

BIS is on. You notice nothing close to you, but the edge of the town is in range. And you are getting a lot of marks.

>>44818369

The BIS range increased the town is covered. There is so many sigs in range that you can't really know which is which. You notice three spots with a concentration. the town center, A place to the west. And many coming from the edge of the castle you see in the distance.
>>
>>44818425
Shruggin to himself Edin enters the castle and tries to find his way to the wherever the weapons are being controlled from.

He also makes a point to avoid anything that looks like a throne room.
>>
>>44818425
"Well seeing as how the guy I was going to hand you off to ran off, I guess I'll have to deal with your constant complaining for now. So why didn't you ask 20 Questions anything?"
Czar says while moving towards the dropship he came from
>>
>>44818343
>>44818425
"..Seems like there are three concentrations of...targets. Sending data to you SK." The Tank switches back to the squad frequency.

"Does anyone need us as of right now, or should we just wander about?"
>>
>>44818425

He froze.

<Boss. Oi, Boss, that's->

Falcon cut the AI's audio. His lens whirred, zoomed in. Taking in every inch of that man's face. He... looked weary. Older, and unkempt.

But there was no mistaking it. It was Dad alright.

"...fuck."
>>
>>44818643
"Finally." He says, as his clothing slowly changes into armor, enveloping his body as his helmet deploys around his head.

Slowly, he unsheathes his sword and after twirling it around a couple of times, slowly spreads his legs and lowers his stance as the thrusters in his back begin heating up, releasing jets of flame into the air.

"Time to work. See you there, dude."

>jetpacking towards the concentration
>speed 11+ jump jets
>>
>>44818962
"Wait, where are yo-" And he was gone.

Fucking Dammit.

"Burns, keep an eye on him with the BIS, we'll follow him shortly..."

He just had this really on feeling to stay put and wait near the Dropship for someone....
>>
File: itty bitty queen.jpg (457 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
itty bitty queen.jpg
457 KB, 600x800
>>44818586

As you step towards the doors a human guard hits a brick next to the door. the large fortress sized doors open to reveal a huge entryway. In the distance you see a rather small doll on top of a card carried pedestal. You then hear fan fair from trumpet carrying cards as one screams out. "ALL HAIL THE QUEEN!"

>>44818586

The woman in your storage is quiet for a moment, but when she speaks it's faint. "I-I couldn't think of anything. I couldn't think of a good question..." You arrive at the field all the same and see Red and SK. You know the drop ship is cloaked though. The pilot most likely waiting for an order.

>>44818647
>Player has a backstory.
>fug. : ^ )

>>44818962
>Told the target was the town center.

As SK jump-jeted up the castle spire opened again. As the target lock was finalizing however SK was already lowering. Landing in the center SK was introduced to a sight. The Tent that comprised most of it was what he landed next to, and looking inside he sees what seems to be a giant tea party. Only the humans there seem to be focused on the food rather then the tea. At the center was an almost empty tale with Two purple TA suits at the center. One which looked like a mesh with a heavy metal top hat, and a Hopper light next to him. all seeming to either sip or splash tea on each other.

>>44819040
And at SK's departure Czar arrived. Two minus one plus one still equals two.
>>
>>44819223
"Well, this is where we part ways. All that you tell them, means more people we can save."
Czar says as he opens up his storage for the woman to step out, and sends out a radio ping to the dropship to open up for the woman.
>>
>>44819366
"Yo...Czar." The Medium stomps over to the two...and the now not so invisible dropship.

"And allo Miss." The suit tilted its head slightly. "SK went on ahead, I have him on sensors, if your ready, we can follow him."
>>
>>44819223

Contacts pinged. Lots of them. Robin finally managed to override the mute command.

<You really piss Robin off when you do that, ya know?>

"Y-yeah... my bad. But we got some bigger problems now."

<Yeah, yeah, Robin noticed.> she glanced from the guards at the door to the mad caricature of a tea party inside. <If we don't get careful they might ger caught in the crossfire...>

"We can't afford to fuck this one up."

>only going into the castle if the rest of the team does so.
>>
>>44819223

After arriving in the gardens, Drache wastes no time in charging forward to the inner gate, towards whatever passes as a leader around here. He takes particular care around the... shaking guards, not thinking about what's actually frightening them in the first place.

"Looking for the owner here, anyone? No response? Great."
>>
>>44819415
"Sounds good enough, place is crazy, and I keep getting left behind, so it might be good to team up for once."
Czar says with a nod.
>>
>>44819471
"Right, enough mucking about, lets go." The smaller suits points in the general direction of SK's location, and heads out on foot....or skates in this case.

>Heading to the Tea Party
>>
>>44819223
Knight hovers slightly, blade at the ready as he scans his surroundings, as his eyes come to focus on the two, odd suits at the almost empty table.

"... Fuck."

<Let's just hope it's not the Burton version.> a female voice interjects, trying to hold back laughter.

"Of all the damn things I could have come to meet first..."
>>
>>44819541
"Right."
Czar said while closing up his storage after the woman got out, and started moving out behind Red.
>>
>>44819366

The woman steps out as the drop ship uncloaks. She gasps as it does and the back opens up. "Thank you! I can tell you as much as possible right now!..." She takes a deep breath. "After the pods fell the mist came afterwards. Then the castle rose up and things turned for the worse. Nobody could contact the outside world anymore, then the cards came out and the Queens rule started. The laws where always crazy, but when the other suits showed up they only added to it. Sure the Hatter always had food and tea for us to drink, but it was madding all the same.Anyone that resisted got arrested by the cards and subjected to 'pun'isment like i did. The best I can tell you is to watch out for the queen. She is the most unstable one. And thank you. Thank you thank you thank you!" She cries out as she rushes to the drop ship.

>>44819415

She nods to you as she takes her breath. The only other moment of notice being the "thank you" you get as she runs off into the drop ship.

>>44819452
>Please note the Party is in the town. Inside is the queen and the cards.

>>44818562
>JUST noticed I responded to Czar with the queens intro and NOT Edin.
>Edin is the one who is looking at the queen.

>>44819467

As you ask for the owner the human guards let out a breath and point to the queen looking at Edin from her high carried column. One even whispers to you. "Careful there. She's a off. Won't let us talk on duty."

>>44819471
>>44819541

As you walk on land though cards look at you on your way. As you make it to the party and see SK you see cards following you carrying buckets of what looks like paint.

>>44819561

At that moment the Hatted suit looks at you. "Well look at you! Larger then the average human aren't you?" He then looks closer at you as he jumps on the table. "Or are you human?" he laughs. "Care for a cup of tea?" He smirks.
The hopper light just stares you with an odd smile, and by that the light suit actually has a face. Looking human, but with hopper legs.
>>
>>44819561

"Yo." the white suit nodded at his brother-in-arms. "Whaddya think, should we walk in?"

Meanwhile, Robin typed a quick message to the other suit's AI. She had to bring them up to speed.
>>
"Well... Not precisely." Knight then turns to stare at the Hatter, getting into a defensive stance.

"And I'd rather not. I'm sure you'll understand." He says with a harsher, barely polite, tone.
>>
>>44819834
<Sir...is that Paint?>

"If they do what I think they're gonna do, I'm gonna end up splattering them across several buildings...." The tank stops at the tent...and....well Mad Hatter and The Hare. Didn't that bring back memories.

This was gonna be interesting.

>>44820005
"Making friends SK?" He walks up, nudging the smaller suit.
>>
Rolled 47 (1d100)

>>44819834

Dragonfly crouches over a little at the guard's words and smiles. "But we're here to turn her on again"

Then the Heavy stretches out again, straight for the centre of the Throne room, attempting to shove open the door as dramatically as possible then twirls, focusing on the Queen with a firm pointing motion of one of his blades.

"Armoured Corps Military Police Captain; Locher Drache, reporting in. I think we need a quick 'chat' Brenda. Specifically about your sovereignty, I think you're due a cut-down, your finances slashed and your kingdom scored. This is a challenge of single combat, man-to-man!"

Dragonfly raps its chest theatrically a few times, then fires it's rocket punch a few metres in front of the Queen as a form of 'Gauntlet.'

"So tell me, are you with us so far?"

>Dex roll to smash the door open.
>-39 should do it
>>
>>44820071
"I wouldn't call it that." He answers, still glaring at the Hatter. Or well, as much glaring as can be done with nothing but a visor slit.
>>
>>44820087

"Dude what the FUCK?!" he shouted over external speakers.

If the nearby guard recognized the voice, he didn't show it. Good, that was the last thing Falcon needed right now.
>>
>>44819834
>>44820087
A dozen plans raced through Edin's head, all of them erased instantly as soon as Saltire smashed open the door and challenged the Queen to a guantlet.

"For fuck's sake Salt, EVERY GODDAMN TIME!" he growled over the radio at his squadmate.

Sighing to himself the exasperated pilot simply walked into the throne room and drew his plasma blade.

"YOU MUST ACCEPT YOUR GRACE, IT IS THE LAW OF ThE WORLD THAT A MONARCH MUST FACE ANY RIVAL THAT CHALLENGES THEM, IF THEY DO NOT THEY MUST FORFIET THEIR CROWN AND THRONE!"

"I know this as I am a member of the guild of royal showdowns, we judge the contests."
>>
>>44820171
"Nonsense, we are all friends here right?" The Suit discreetly puts his shotgun away.

"What do you say Hatter, Friends all around or no friends to be found?" He points at the VP suit.
>>
>>44819834
>>44820171
>>44820222
"It's better to be peaceful until we get the whole story."
>>
>>44820005

The hatter frowns mid step towards you and gets back down into his chair. "A shame." The Hopper suit's head lets out to loose metal flaps at the top and frowns as well. "A shame indeed." The hopper looks at the hatter. "Maybe we where told about different suits?" The hatter responds in kind. "No no these aren't purple like us. I know different suits when I see them."

>>44820071

As you enter the tent the cards stop. They wait at the tents edge for when you step out.

The hatter smiles at the hopper. "See I told you! Something completely different!" He says while looking at Red.

>>44820087

The guard looks concerned (and disgusted,) but when you push on the already open door (seeing they open to let in fortresses you can only reach one) all you do is make them creak against their hinges as they almost snap off. The nearby guard jumping for cover.

The queen though looks at you positively livid for a moment, but then looks confused, and then smiles. "Oh another subject! I didn't expect to see someone new! How lovely. You seem like you'll fit in quite well as a jester. What a lively act. You'll fit in quite well indeed. You just need to follow the law and be painted." She says looking at the cards racing to throw paint onto you.

>>44820205

The guard looks at you oddly while leaning from cover to look at you. His only response being inquisitive silence as he looks at you.

>>44820209

>>44820209

She then looks at Edin and claps. "Oh it's a troupe! Oh do something else. This scene quite bored me. I don't partake in acts myself."

>>44820222

The hatter laughs as Red points. "Friends are though actions! But friends come easy all the same. Come! Drink some tea! Be merry!"

>PART ONE OF TWO!
>>
>>44820412
>NVM no part two.
>CONTINUE POSTING!
>>
>>44820412
"So what's your story Hatter?" Czar said while examining the occupants of the tent, and turning on BIS.
>>
>>44820412
"Maybe I'm different, maybe I'm not, don't know, can't actually tell."

<Sir...are you alright> "Yep, just playing the game." He reassures the AI...while keeping his mike off. <Ah....>

The red suit, walked up to the table, eyeing one of the tea cups...then his rather large suit hands...

"And what sort of actions would deem, makes a merry friend?" He tries to pick up a saucer, gently and holds it up. No reason to sit down...he would probably just crush a chair...or worse.
>>
>>44820412

Yes, good, distract her...

Falcon took a few steps back, stopping right beside the guard.

Right beside...

He was shaking. He had finally found them, and they were this close to a possible fight. Of course, why would anything ever go well?

The pilot took a deep breath...

And lowered his faceplate, looking at the man beside him.

"...hey, Dad."

The man's sharp eyes shot wide open. He took a moment to realize it, but it finally hit him. His stoic guard facade broke, utterly baffled by the ghost before him.

"I- Norman? How did you-?"

"Long story. Believe me, this is the last place where I expected to find you." Falcon did a remarkable job of keeping a straight face. He didn't know how much longer he could keep it up. "Listen, we're gonna get you out of here. Where's Mom? Where's Beat?"

>Tim, where are the rest of the civvies? I'm gonna use Salt's distrsction to gather them and make a run for the dropship.
>>
>>44820412

Drache makes a step forward, not breaking eye contact with the queen for a moment and extends Dragonfly's arm forward, pointed upwards at a 90 degree angle.

"You seem to have misunderstood, this what we call a formal challenge, we-"

He pauses for a moment, and points is free hand between Dragonfly & Edinbrother.

"Want to fight your strongest champion, hell, we'll even pluralise that for you and take them ALL on, for no extra charge too! So I'm sure your plan should be going 'up in the air' by now, right? Our conditions are this; Fight us, and you lose everything. Fighting like a warrior's got to do something for you"

The thrown warlance flies back from its entrenchment in the floor and launches back towards its owner, attaching with a middle finger in a very clearly extended position.

Drache looks back up, smirking.

"So, are you ready? Because we certainly are!"
>>
>>44820412
>>44820780
"Her Magesty said she has no interestin joining in you oaf." Edin turns back to the Queen and bows. "I apologise for my compatriot you Highness, let me sort him out with my next trick."

With a flick of his wrists Edin levitates a pair of guards and Saltire above him and begins to juggle them like balls. Every so often he pulls another pair of cards into the group being tossed around above his head.

"Up and down and down and up, these silly fools are now quite stuck! I wonder what they must be feeling, that one almost hit the ceiling!" the medium suit begins to chant in a sing songy voice as he tosses them all around.
>>
>>44820624
>BIS ON.
>The range continue into the fog. AKA at the point of no returns.

The hatter smiles as he takes a drink. "Oh my story is not important. Always a bridesmaid and never the adventure if you know what I mean. Lucky for me no adventures have shown up." He says while looking up from his tea.

>>44820637

At this point it seems like the hatter is having multiple conversations as once. His moods and body language changing every second. With Red is goes back to jubilation. "Oh the simple things. Loyalty, collaboration, and understanding. The last one is really important, but comes so rarely even before our times." The hatter extends his right arm and a sludge rushes from his arm, only to condense into a comically small stool under Red.

>>44820761
>Acting as the GM. Even if I would post something like it.
>Not enough smug images in the world.

The guard looks around before talking to you.

"You're mother is in the town itself, your sister made a run for the cave some time ago, but we never knew if she made it. Be careful. You're not the first giant monsters to come by here. Any that where violent never got past the castle...."

>>44820780

The Queen looks at the three before she starts laughing in earnest. "Oh what a lovely play! If you need a volunteer for your act I could give you my pet. The Queen stands up and with her small frame lets out a whistle so loud it shakes the castle. "Give him a moment to wake up. And if you could please fight him outside the garden. It's been too long since it has had someone to play with."

At that you hear a loud gargled roar from the right side of the castle.

>"So, are you ready? Because we certainly are!"

The Queen smiles deeply. "Oh what a lovely play this is!"

>>44820866

She turn turns to Edin and watches his act and claps. "Oh how lovely. This is just too much fun! This is even more fun then beheadings!"
>>
>>44821082
"Too True, Too True. Easily confusing the world has gotten, distrust and dishonesty running rampant and hand in hand. A rather sad state of affairs in the kingdom and the world at large, yes?" He was rather dubious about the stool...and the Sludge Control was even more worrying....but he had played odder games still...this would be no different.

He sat down, or at least tried to.

"Burns...keep an eye on the surface sensors...you know what to look for." <Roger>
>>
>>44821082
"Well, if you don't want to share you story, I won't press you, but I do have to ask if you know any thing about moving flowers."
Czar says as he watched the hatter.
>>
>>44821082

'Beheadings'. Of fucking course.

"Giant monst- okay, look, just hide. Get the hell out of here." Falcon quickly gave his father the approximate directions to the Dropship. "We've dealt with a lot of shit since the world ended. I'm surewe can take the Queen's 'pet'."

With that, he shot back into the skies, Queen's rules be damned.

>>44820171

"Knight, they're in the town itself. I'm gonna get the ones in the cave."
>>
>>44821319
Silver stands there as his arms slowly fall to his sides, his shoulders hunch and his legs shake under him. Pally is equally shocked, remaining quiet at the message they had just received.

So many questions, so many mixed feelings... But in the end, a single duty. His fists clenched firmly around his sword and shield, as he looked up to the sky.

"...I'm on my way." He says, to no one in particular.
>>
>>44821361
He looks at SK....Unsure what had him...acting weird. But he had a job to do. Hold the attention of these VP and allow them to get done whatever needed done. Seemed easy enough.
>>
>>44821082
Hearing the growling Edin began to sweat under his armour.

"Sadly this act I must halt, but in it's place I give you Salt!" Edin finishes his song by throwing Saltire from the mob and towards the Queen."

Tossing the cards into a far corner he turns and exits the throne roo, giving one last rhyme before he leaves.

"I hope you two have your fun, but sadly I have to run! I shall leave you be you have my word, but for you pet I'll draw my sword!"

And with that he cloaked his suit, activated his jets and shot into the air in the search for the 'pet'.
>>
Rolled 93, 38, 25, 63, 100 = 319 (5d100)

>>44821082

Floating in the air, Drache manages to manoeuvre Dragonfly just enough to look back down on the Queen.

"Well, if you liked that, you'll really appreciate act 3, our Coup de grace!"

Dragonfly bounces out of the magnetic field Edinbrother generated, and launches itself directly towards the Queen, including a theatrical spin into a swift downward slash for the Queen's face.Trying to leverage his suit's weight he twists his suit's body and pulls at the queen over from his 'shoulder.'

"You seem to think that you can win. But it's time for me to cave your face in!"

>2Blades, Warlance, 2Impact Fists
>-39 Dexy
>>
File: 1431615834178.jpg (45 KB, 500x485) Image search: [Google]
1431615834178.jpg
45 KB, 500x485
>>44821589
>I think I'll be activating Aegis now, yes Aegis
>>
File: jabberwocky[1].jpg (25 KB, 360x490) Image search: [Google]
jabberwocky[1].jpg
25 KB, 360x490
>>44821258

The chair held. It might be only a hands with wide, but it held under Red as if it was made by Suit metal.

The hatter moved from jubilation to laughter. "Oh my friend you have much to learn. The world is never confusing. It has always been people that are confusing, and even then they make too much sense. And I would say it has never been a better time to be alive!" He says pouring tea up into a cup that are both upside down giving Red a wink.

>>44821295

"I never said I never wanted to share it, but I said it was unimportant. Please pay attention my friend. In this place attention will give you so much power here..." There is a small crash as he drops the teacup and the teapot, his face one of concern. "Beware flowers my friend. They are never to be trusted. Evil things they are." The hopper nods as it buries itself it it's cup.

>>44821319

As White shot off the guard looked around at the garden gate manned with cards. "Get out? Might as well asked for me for something I don't have." He looked at the guard across the door and looked as if he had an idea...

>>44821319

As White climbed up the lock up came up again. Only this time when a missile launched it didn't explode at a distance. White still knew he would make it to the cave before another launched.

>ROLL A DODGE!

>>44821474
>>44821589

The Queen continues laughing and clapping up until the slash from salt. Even if they would do horribly against normal TA she seems not to move. As the 'Queen' Is destroyed from Salts attacks almost instantly a door at the end of the hall opens and another small queen comes out and all the cards bow so they are below her. "Oh do that again!.... Oh but you must exit the castle to fight my Jabberwocky. Well the show must go on. Please step out and put it on!

Outside however Edin watched as a creature climbed over the castle walls. Looking at the creature it seems to focus on the doors waiting for salt it seems. It's eyes glowing as if on fire,
>>
>>44821953
Silver suddenly shoots into the sky, heading towards the town. With some luck, he might be able to distract the missiles and buy Falcon some time...
>>
>>44821953
"Ah, I'm sorry. I just assumed since you put so little weight on to your story that you didn't want to share it and please do if you want to, and thank you for that piece of advice."
Czar says while nodding.
>>
>>44821953

"I don't have time for this bullshit!"

The missile couldn't outrun him. But Falcon couldn't just take it straight to the cave either.

He slowed, arms flaring as Plasma generators purred to life. He turned, enveloped by the Point Barrier's shimmering field and slammed the rocket.

>PB-ing the hit, then landing at tge the cave.
>>
>>44821953
Drache keeps following through the door to the Jabberwocky. Bragging to the queen that the next time will be the last, before discreetly turning on his radio.

"Any of you still here? It's been silent for a while, did one of you get hit and need a fix or something? I just need a report."
>>
>>44821953
"I guess that is true enough...to some, many, maybe all. And I would probably find some to argue differently to it being a better time....But its still a Time, Ill say that much. One that will not be forgotten anytime soon...if at All." The Suit nodded.

"Pardon for being so dower, its not my place to shower on this lovely party your having. I-" He looks up, his BIS Tracking both White...and the Missile...
>>44821991
And now SK...

Oh great.

"Seems things might be heating up out there."
>>
>>44821953
>>44822095
"Well, good luck Salt, I'll be rootin' for ya."

Edin goes to stand beside the gate guards as he watches Saltire and the Jabberwocky approach each other.
>>
>>44821991

As SK rose up to distract the missile he notice he was being locked on, on this missile was a warning as it exploded before him saying. "NO ONE IS ABOVE THE QUEEN!"

>>44822055

The hatter Looked at Czar confused before smiling. "Well I was never one for too much talking." he said with a knowing smile, "but I know my story is uninteresting, After waking up and making this tent. I simply provide what this place sorely needed up till and continuing on from now. A tea party!" He looked at his arm which had no watch. "Oh my look at the time. you have been here for so long and I didn't offer you a seat, drink, nor a hat!"

>>44822063

And with the missile gone and lowering to the cave the Lock on fades and you arrive at the cave. Even at the mouth you see the shanty in the semi lighted cave.

>>44822095

Stepping outside Salt was brought out of his radio calls be a gurgle and a large spatter of drool landing on him. The Jabberwocky Waited until salt looked up before pouncing. His teeth and claws reaching and racking for metal.

>ROLL 3 DODGES!

>>44822134

The hatter laughed. "Oh a party can never keep happy forever. There must always be a period of sorrow to make joy all that much better." He said while taking a sip. Gurgle and all.
>>
>>44822548
"I shit on your queen!" Knight answers, flipping the tower off, before he flies into town, ready to fight.
>>
Rolled 41, 68, 96, 51, 2, 89, 14, 35 = 396 (8d100)

>>44822548
"Oh come on! Avoiding the paint fo-"

His complaints cut off by the creature's cuts, Dragonfly activates it's Aegis and leaps underneath the poorly defined creature's throat and with a strong leap, pulls the suit's Weaponised arm up in own swift motion, trying to knock out- or at least halt- the beast's rampage getting out and hitting something, or someone, important.

"You're not running away now, big guy."

>3 dodges, then the previous melee weapons
>-36 to dodge, -39 to attack
>>
>>44822548
Stops talking, distracted by his comms for a second...

"Huh...seems one of my friends has gone and gotten in a fight...or make that a few of them." The suit shrugged.

"Hope you don't mind me asking, but I'm a tad bit curious, about how you can manipulate the suit-stuff. Sludge."
>>
>>44822548
"I can't drink, unfortunately, due to some circumstances in a city long ago, and I'm afraid I might break the chairs, and a hat might be to small for me."
Czar said with a bit of sadness
>>
Rolled 22 (1d100)

>>44822548
>>44822833
"YOU GOT THIS SALT, TAKE THAT SNARLY GIT DOWN!"

Edin waits until everyone is distracted by the fight before activating camo and sneaking back into the castle to try and find the control room of the place.

>Stealth, -25 dex
>>
>>44822548

"Robin, find her."

Both of his wings seemed to molt. Feathers broke down, tiny hexagons and swirling motes like ash on his wake. From each wing, another suit was created.

Each of the Mimics spread out, looking through the murky cave's makeshift camp.

The real Falcon strode directly to the sage at the end.

"Alright, no time for subtlety. We're busting these civvies out of here, got it?"
>>
>>44822837
>TIs Me, I fugged up
>>
>>44822767

If anyone heard you, you do not know. However when you land where everyone was before one of the cards tries to throw paint onto you.

>Roll a dodge!

>>44822833

The Creature bites down on your armor. the nanites holding form meaning only light damage seeps though, but it's teeth and claws are sharp As it rips away a huge chuck of your armor from the surprise 6 HP (9/15) You return the favor as you slice and smash with you strength. Slicing almost as many chucks from it and clipping a wing.Sending down on top of you.

>Roll 3 dodges!

>>44822837

The hatter shrugged. "I never asked how I am. I ask who I will be, but if I knew I would explain. Go and be with your friends if need be."

>>44822874

The Hatter laughed with the Hopper as it formed a hat at threw it at you. Larger then a human could wear it looked like a sunhat.

>>44822929

As you sneak into the castle you notice the queen watching the fight. As you open doors you notice that most rooms hold machines of unknown nature. Some rooms are filled with drones like the queen while others hold cards. You notice one even seems to be making cards. What you notice first hand is how the doors close themselves and seem to resist your opening them.

You notice the stairs and notice you have a full castle to explore.....

>>44823049

The sage looked at you as well did the humans. Although the sage was first to speak. "Well if I never was the agent of their protection or stay, so I hold no objection. They are their own to command."

Your thoughts are interrupted with for a moment she was found by a mimic, but was sent reeling by a lucky frying pan to it's face.

One of the humans cried out. "And why should we go with you?!"

>I have to leave.
>To be picked up in a part three.
>Alright goodnight everybody!"
Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.