[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General /pfg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36
File: vexing_dodger_rogue.jpg (1 MB, 4871x2905) Image search: [Google]
vexing_dodger_rogue.jpg
1 MB, 4871x2905
Pathfinder General /pfg/

What's one build you've always wanted to use but never have?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/53QiHfcU

Old Thread: >>44796914
>>
>>44808480
The dragon is the vexing dodger, right?
>>
>>44808480
I want to build a Chosen One Paladin!

Weasel familiar, later becomes a Harbinger Archon.
>>
Is there a feat like Boon Companion except applying to either an eidolon or a phantom?
>>
>>44808480
I want to roll a PsyArm Warsoul in a high psionics game.

But yeah, I don't know many DMs who'd allow something like that.
>>
Summoner > Skald > Bard > Hunter > Alchemist > Inquisitor > Magus > Investigator > Warpriest > Paladin > Adept > Ranger > Bloodrager
>>
>>44808582
I am confused, what is this meant to indicate?
>>
>>44808582
>Adept
>an NPC class
>better than Ranger and Bloodrager

You wot m8?
>>
>>44808599
Bloodrager is worst partial caster
>>
>>44808607
You're shitting me. You actually think Ranger and Bloodrager are worse than adept?

You realize Adepts only have 70 spells total, right?

Rangers have 240, bloodragers have 200. Plus they get class features, and, and look at this, more fucking spells (4 of 1st and 2nd level).

Literally are you trying to say because adepts get 5th level spell slots that they're better?
>>
>>44808480
Professional fuccboi
>>
>>44808708
while i'm not that anon: yes, yes, a thousand-thousand times yes. spells are fucking stupid, and exponentially moreso as they increase in spell level.
>>
>>44808533
You too?

I've had that itch lately, for a chosen one.

Going for the classic Farmboy with a burned down farm/family, raised by nobility afterward, with an Owl Familiar.
>>
>>44808480
A Lion Blade themed cleric. He'd have the Espionage subdomain for the whole spy shit. And will rely on necromancy on the early levels to make up for the lack of sacred summons then build a whole spy network via leadership.

This will never happen because I dont have a steady group yet and now way in hell would a GM in roll20 ever take an ambigously evil PC let alone one that intends to have 3~5 bloody skeletons following him around at any given time.
>>
File: Klaus2.png (675 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
Klaus2.png
675 KB, 800x1200
>>44808480
Hey /pfg/, reposting from old thread.

Playing as a STR-focused bastard-sword/shield type inquisitor wearing the thickest armor I can get my hands on. I wanted to lean a little bit away from the divine magic everywhere thing, so I was thinking of taking the sanctified slayer archetype to swap out my judgements.

I'm a human, level one. Was thinking of grabbing Combat Expertise -> Improved feint for my first two feats, then eventually go for the swordplay style feats to use feint as an immediate action when a foe misses me. My inquisition lets me use WIS to Bluff, which is why I was leaning that way. That said, I'm hearing that feinting is a bad option for trying to cheese in my sneak attack dice. I'm also intending to nab myself a shield cloak so I can swap between a sword/shield stance and two-handing my sword on the fly.

Any other feat suggestions? Paiz material only at the moment.
>>
>>44808825
Please, try and explain how you think an Adept is more adaptable and powerful than a ranger.

I'll wait. Because in all seriousness right now you sound like a fucking tard saying that they're 8 fucking 5th level spells make them better than 20 levels of actual class features and an enormous far more adaptable spell list.
>>
>TFW finding the right story hook/thread in a PFS module you can carve out and slot into your campaign two hours before it starts and have it blend seamlessly.

Man, I pulled that session out of my ass.
>>
>>44808826
Sweet. Any recommendations for gear and feats? I'm giving him a Weasel familiar, and he's under the impression that Iomedae is his divine patron - as is the familiar. Depending on how things go, I might have a reveal come along that his patron is actually Shizuru or maybe an LG Empyreal Lord.
>>
File: ADVENTURE.png (252 KB, 717x533) Image search: [Google]
ADVENTURE.png
252 KB, 717x533
>>44808533
Only one correct way to build that.
>>
>>44809200
Why not Ragathiel or Damerrich?
>>
How do I best play a staunchly conservative paladin who only trusts humans without going overboard? I don't want to be TOO much of an asshole, but I do still want to be an ass
>>
>>44809388
Depends, why do you only trust humans? What's your paladin's reasoning?
>>
>>44809388
http://hackslashmaster.blogspot.nl/2013/06/on-alignment-by-gygax.html

Just play with Gygaxian alignment.
>>
>>44809324
>Ragathiel
>making meguca- I mean Chosen Ones

Also, dunno much about Damerrich.
>>
>>44808533
>Weasel familiar
What's the point of weasel familiar if Chosen One doesn't get to shoot thick pink rays of friendship?
>>
>>44809595
Dat +2 to Reflex.

Also I'm having its weasel form look like Yellow/Topaz/Sunlight Carbuncle from Puzzle & Dragons.
>>
>>44809583
Damerrich is the Empyreal Lord of Execution, although overall he is more like the Empyreal Lord of "carrying this burden".
>>
I'm sure this has been asked before, but a player asked me today, "Is there some sort of Witcher class?" He always plays kinda magic types, so him playing a fighter type would be fun, so I promised I'd check around. Has anyone seen a good adaptation of the Witcher as a PF class? Or maybe a good class to play as a surrogate?
>>
>>44809610
Interesting! Might make an odd patron for Magical Girl: The Archetype, but it could work.
>>
You guys do realize that the Witch class would make great magical girls, right?

>has a patron that grants her her spells, in the form of a familiar.
>generally a female class with access to spells and hexes that range from Nanoha's BEFRIENDING to Madoka fixing everything Homu did wrong.
>>
>>44809935
I know, but I'm saving my Witch builds for a White-Haired Witch who is most accurately described as "the Fashion Police are real" and a Winter Witch who is t-totally Evil, honest!
>>
>>44809852
He isn't all that odd, magical girls have to deal eventually with the fact that their powers bring great responsibility and that the war they fight is not one that will be celebrated in history.
Most magical girls fight in the shadows so normal people can enjoy the day.
>>
>>44809847
Which part of the witcher does he want to focus on?

Potions and shit? Alchemist, possibly Investigator.

Tracking down and slaying monsters? Slayer (Bounty Hunter).

Somewhere between the two? Mutagen archetypes for fighter/brawler.
>>
>>44809935
>Madoka fixing everything Homu did wrong.
so... nothing?
>>
Question: What non-magical equipment/tools are needed/viable for dragon hunting/slaying? Something that can help find dragon and hamper its flight would be crucial I guess.
>>
I'm still waiting on Errantx to get back to me so I can get work done on that initiating witch PRC.
>>44810464
Gravity slime.
>>
>>44810464
Dragonfoe Amulet.
>>
>>44810464
Dust of Choking and Sneezing. One party member and a giant boss incapacitated is a net gain for the party.
>>
>>44808480
I've always wanted to build a psionic character but my group hates it because a cunt used to use it all the time which soiled it for them by minmaxing like hell, plus stuff like Vitalist getting their save or die attack at level 14 can be done all day. Same with Cryptic getting a ranged touch attack all day.
>>
File: character sheet.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
character sheet.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44808480
whats the best printable character sheet?
downloaded a slightly edited mythweavers sheet, basically just sorting skills into adventuring and backround, and adding autohypnosis and knowledge martial, but when it came out it still has all the 0, in what i hoped would be blank skill sections.
anyone know how to fix that? or a pathfinder sheet with the dreamscarred press stuff that is fairly generic
>>
>>44811335
and i know the formatting is awful, especially with the feat title and sections being on seperate pages
but my players wont care, and im not fussed either
but if there is an easy solution, or some kind anon could help me, i would be very appreciative
>>
>>44811396
>but if there is an easy solution, or some kind anon could help me, i would be very appreciative
Get libreoffice and make sheet yourself?
>>
>>44811598
ah, i use foxit
ill see if i can edit it in that
>>
>>44811335
>>44811396
>>44811598
>>44811998
ended up doing in in a really roundabout way in word
itll do
>>
Talking about the damage-multiplying strikes from Scarlet Throne, can you use Power Attack's damage bonus for them, and does it get multiplied? If so, does the Power Attack penalty get applied to the Sense Motive Check?
Also, what about smite evil damage.
>>
>>44812474
No, no, no fun allowed, only weapon damage and str damage is multiplied.
>>
>>44810707
>>44810746
>>44810754

non-magical, aka you are all retards
>>
>>44811288
Don't tell me the cunt played Thrallherd
>>
>>44807716

Again, I think you are missing the point. Psionics unlike Path of War or Spheres of Power does not require the character to learn the basics before branching off into a different direction. Thus in Vancian and Psionics we have casters who had never known any teleportation ability suddenly can teleport anywhere on the globe, or who had never learned the art healing and suddenly can revive the dead.

I dont mind characters who branch off learning much lower and basic level of magic and later learning higher level magic, but it seems to me that one must learn lesser metamorphosis before learning metamorphosis and learning metamorphosis before learning greater metamorphosis. Does this make sense?
>>
>>44810464
Non-magic stuff? Well, really, there's not much that can help you. In Pathfinder, mundane means cheap but ineffective. Only magic gear can really be useful, and its usefulness is (in theory) proportional to its cost. Even alchemical items are usually just janky consumables that give you a trivial or highly specific bonus for a very short duration, sometimes even with a drawback. Potions being an except I guess, but potions also technically being magic items rather than alchemical ones.

I find that kind of annoying actually, but all mundane items are good for is NPCs and nitty gritty book-keeping of all a low-level character's plain possessions.
>>
>>44812734
Dragonslayer's Handbook's got some stuff

Balloon trap 26
Ballista net 27
Dragon muzzle 26
Dragoncrafting kit 26
Elemental proofing 26
Flak 27
Flechette bolt 27
Knight’s kit 7
Smoke cover 26
Spotlight 27
Tracker’s kit 7
Trickster’s kit 7
Weighted bolt 27
Wing hobble 27
Zephyr
>>
One of these days that I am finally allowed to step away from being a DM and into the shoes of a player, I think I'm gonna step into the shoes of a one handed swordsman, some aristocratic git that uses the Crimson Throne style of fighting and builds everything in the one handed swordsman without a shield kind of guy. The school is fun, though in my opinion I would probably focus it more on counters and stances while taking out boosts or something or at least lowering them in favor of those two things.
>>
I'm going to be DMing PF for the first time and I've only played 4 times in total. Two of my players are relatively new as well and the other two have played for about 3 years. All of them are powergaming optimization fucks, how can I avoid letting their powergaming ruin everything? What specifically should I look out for?
>>
As someone who's been playing nothing but PF since he started getting into the hobby, How much harder is 3.5 to learn and master?
>>
>>44812930
Human Myrmidon Martial Master Lorewarden Fighter. Pick up the Scarlet Throne Style feats as well for maximum counterattacks.
>>
>>44812982
It's not any harder than PF, the hardest part will be trying to remember the differences between PF and 3.5 rules.
>>
>>44812991
Not to mention sourcebook bloat.
>>
I want a cohort for my sorcerer, something that can have decent Charisma and use it for more than skill checks. I don't want another full caster and paladin wouldn't work with the rest of the party. What's my best option that isn't a sorcerer/oracle/cleric?
>>
File: cyborg stretch.png (2 MB, 1300x3394) Image search: [Google]
cyborg stretch.png
2 MB, 1300x3394
Alright, gonna ask this again with more specifics.

Assuming that any necessary 3pp is available to use, are there any good options to play a 4th level rogue/agile skill-monkey in a No Magic sci-fi/cyberpunk setting?
Classes or archetypes that fit with a tech-heavy setting?
I'd like to have a bit of cyberware, but stuff's expensive and the only classes I know of that do things like turn you into a construct lean heavily toward d10 HD, Full BAB battle golems.
And again, no magic.
>>
>>44813020
How's that any different from pathfinder? I mean, I guess you're right since most of the 3.5 sourcebooks aren't OGL like PF.
>>
>>44813021

Bard
>>
>>44813025
>no magic
Wrong system.
>>
>>44813068
Unless you refluff your Magic as Tech. Which sort of makes sense, given the way spellslots feel like ammunition counters.
>>
>>44808826

>farm boy
>not well-endowed farm girl with a heart of gold

I kid, both are good.
>>
>Pathfinder introduces legendary chromatic dragon
>Blatantly bases it off of DD's Grigori

Would you want this, love this, or hate it?
>>
>>44812972
Just tell them flat out that you dont want people who know how to play to join your game.

I've seen enough DMs like you who pull bullshit on a player just because they build competent characters. Sure, you can pull shenanigans behind the sheet like fudging your rolls and having every single npc react negatively to them for no reason. But if they've played the game for a decent amount of time then its just as likely to have run into shitbag DMs like yourself and you'll end up with two scenarios. One is you'll be in an arms race with your players with both sides pulling every trick in the book until you are left with no choice but to pull DM fiat by "discreetly" dropping a rock on them (assuming experienced players, they'll know whats up). Or two, they'll take it in the jaw but begin to resent you as a person possibly lumping in the other players that you pull favoritism on. Both scenarios end up with nobody having fun and at least one side of the table feeling like they wasted their time attending your session in the first place.

In this case your best bet is to admit that you cant handle them and just tell them that you wont be accepting them into your table. Maybe you'll take offense at this post since it questions your competence as a GM (and it does). But lets be honest, Pathfinder is quite a simple game and if you cant build a campaign around four players of varying skill and knowledge, then maybe you should save everyone's time and admit that you cant.
>>
>>44813111
>not well-endowed farm boy
>>
>>44812991
>>44813020
>sourcebook bloat
This is one of my bigger concerns. Is there something as comprehensive as Archive of Nethys and D20pfsrd for quick reference to link in game?
I've seen the D20 srd and its quite bare bones compared to the former.
>>
>>44812972
One of the most universal and useful pieces of advice for DMs and players is to simply talk to each other. Everyone is there to play and to have fun, and its meant to be a cooperative experience.

As a power gaming optimization fuck, I can tell you that its not really my goal to stomp all over someone's game. Its about playing with and mastering the numbers and mechanics, about enabling more concepts and higher intensity combat. So if you have good players you can probably rely on them to help you. Be up front about concerns, and you can get them to tone down a bit, or at least turn their skills towards your own goals as well as theirs.

You probably can't stop someone from optimizing, at least not entirely. Its part of what they find fun, so even if you succeeded you'd probably just end up without a player at all. So you'll need to put in work making sure you can give them challenges equal to their capabilities. Rather than trying to deny what they can do, figure out exactly what they can do and plan for it rather than just assuming the CR system will handle it (because it won't).

Of course, if you don't have good players then you're just screwed no matter what you do, so at that point just abandon hope and descend into madness.
>>
>>44813068
I think don't think "no magic" as in no supernatural abilities at all, can work. But I do think low magic as in "you can take supernatural classes/spell casters" but magic items and shit being rare/un common can work assuming you balance/restrict the shit players are fighting under those same constraints.
>>
>>44812972
If they're all powergaming twinks, start powergaming yourself. However, if a non-powergamer joins later, it will get quite hairy.
>>
>>44813215

No magic items but casters still allowed is way worse and hurts everyone who is not a spellcaster. If anything, ban full or 6th level casters and keep the magic loot. It's more interesting to see what they do with limited but useful resources rather than asking if the Wizard prepared the right spell that day.
>>
>>44813111
>>44813186
>Not playing a well-endowed pair of paladin siblings from a farm, who are both able to keep going through adversity thanks to their faith in and love for each other, but keep their incestuous relationship a secret because they can't help themselves

For shame.
>>
>>44813245
Well, I was assuming Path of War and Psionics and shit. I played a game like that and had a fucking blast. I forgot that 9th level Arcane and Divine Casters ruin everything.
>>
>>44813244

I like to think 'power gaming' is a code word for 'I didn't bother to read the mechanics and study up on how the game actually works'. A tool of shitty GMS who don't understand encounter design or even basic game mechanics. It's so much easier to blame everyone else, from writers to players to other GMs than having to put in actual effort, isn't it?
>>
File: 1451424653038.gif (598 KB, 438x750) Image search: [Google]
1451424653038.gif
598 KB, 438x750
>>44813186

>Well-endowed farmboy-turned-Paladin of Shelyn

I'm actually tempted to make this now, with the "well-endowed" part staying a private fact unless it somehow becomes a discussion topic.
>>
>>44813266

They skew a lot of game mechanics and encounter design horribly to the point that they are playing their own game against the GM at the same time, yes. Most 'fixes' only retroactively harm everyone else, like the no magic loot nonsense.
>>
>>44812474
>>44812691

Sorry to get to this so late, but it spawned some extended discussion on our part. Yes, you can use and apply Power Attack and Smite to Skill Check maneuvers like the Rising Zenith line. If the damage bonus is a flat bonus it gets multiplied like everything else.

Essentially, Skill check as attack roll maneuvers work just like regular attack roll maneuvers. You apply all the same bonuses and penalties you would for a normal attack roll, but just use a skill check instead. Does that make sense?
>>
File: 1419837856926.gif (69 KB, 156x267) Image search: [Google]
1419837856926.gif
69 KB, 156x267
>>44813282

Why keep it a secret?
>>
>>44813215
>>44813245
There might be psionics in the setting, but it really doesn't fit the character concept. Another PC can have the weird mind powers, but this is about a rogue style character with maybe a neural-jack or augmented limbs for a bonus to parkour, not some pyrokinetic jedi or the like, nor "magic ain't gotta s'plain" items.
>>
>>44812972
I dont see why optimization is considered a bad thing since it translates to mastery of the game. High OP TT games are a thing of beauty to be a part of from both ends and anything that tries to subvert it makes you look bad as a GM.

You can force your players roll for stats which is horrible and kills character concepts rather than killing optimization. Sure Bob wont be able to play the cleric of lamashtu or whatever that he really wanted to play but hey hey, those stats are actually kind of good for a Ranger! A player that knows how to optimize can still build something horrible out of that while your two newbie players are fucked if they roll bad and find that they are denied their initial pre planned character that they spent a week planning.

Another option is to allow point buy but restrict dump stats to have a minimum, possibly forcing the wizard who spent his entire life doing nothing but read books in a musty dank library to now have 10 str and 10 cha, boy that sure makes sense. Again, a player that sees this coming can just easily pull a MAD class and proceed as usual.

Then theres the whole restriction of books, core only this no expansions that. Doesnt really do anything except restrict the exposure of your new players.

Everything above is acceptable in a way but boy does it make you look like an incompetent GM before the game has even started yet.
>>
>>44813198
Dndtools.pw
Realmshelps.net
>>
>>44813321
>>44813025
Vigilante Stalker. I don't think there are any classes that are good at crafting shit and are 100% mundane.
>>
>>44813324
These are really useful. I wish they had a better "wiki" style layout like the SRDs though.
>>
File: 1433620621557.jpg (94 KB, 659x650) Image search: [Google]
1433620621557.jpg
94 KB, 659x650
>>44813282
Well, let me put it like this - if his full body armor doesn't need certain adjustments for a comfortable fit, you're not doing it right.
>>
>>44808480

How has nobody in this thread mentioned how fucked up the perspective and angles are in OP's pic? That is some non-euclidian fucking geometry in this setting
>>
>>44813335
Crafting?
>>
File: 1443302746324.gif (1 KB, 210x230) Image search: [Google]
1443302746324.gif
1 KB, 210x230
>>44813316

Because I'm not going to start describing the shape and length of my character's genitals. For most campaigns and most DMs that will give you an awkward silence or paint you as "that guy."

It's a detail that should only come up through implication, such as unusually tight-fitting skivvies or the barmaid he took to bed coming out of it very impressed.

>>44813349

Boobplate isn't necessary since you could fit E+ cups in there without adjustment, I don't see why a big fat dick should be any different.
>>
>>44813282

Honestly, farm kids probably know a lot more about fucking and getting their dicks wet than city types where idiotic social standards and group dynamics may reign. Plus their actual work days are mostly limited to harvest times, so the rest of the year is festivals and boredom and guess what, people fuck a lot when they're bored and have free time.
>>
>>44813310
Oh, an extra note on this: Because it's a Skill check, you can't crit on it but you also don't fail on a natural 1. That is important to remember.
>>
Why is the daze condition so strong in pathfinder? Sure, you can houserule it that anything that is immune to stunning is immune to daze, but that's now how it is written. Undead, plants, ghosts, constructs...you can fucking daze every goddamn thing in the game and considering there are things that can daze for quite a few rounds it is basically an encounter ender. Why was this never errata'd?
>>
Hi /pfg/. A kind gentleman here on /pfg/ pointed me at this thing, which is a Binder-Initiator class, who gains maneuvers from vestiges:
http://forum.faxcelestis.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=411

I want to convert it to Pathfinder, using Radiance House and DSP material. So, I need advice, since none of the disciplines listed or vestiges match those of PF. Everything is appreciated.
>>
File: 1448927649887.png (13 KB, 555x407) Image search: [Google]
1448927649887.png
13 KB, 555x407
>>44813365

While what you said is absolutely true and should be taken into account when making things like worshipers of Erastil or other such country yokels, I think the anon was arguing from the perspective of "how should I bring up he's packing", not "does he know how to use it?"
>>
>>44813310
Huh, that's news.
Previously everyone I've talked to has said you can't powerattack RZS because power attack specifies you need to make an attack roll.

>>44813374
...Though conversely I'm pretty sure I saw one of the devs on GiTP say that you can crit a skill roll maneuver because crit range is a property of the weapon.

I'm confused now.
>>
>>44813414

Farm boy Paladin implies they are either prudish, naive, or both, and my historical accuracy autism demands we be as real as possible and m have him bugger the neighbor girl or their sheep if it's a Welsh campaign
>>
File: disgust.jpg (502 KB, 1174x943) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
502 KB, 1174x943
>tfw both "scarlet" and "crimson" translate to the same word in your target language, and you're running Curse of the Crimson Throne with PoW characters

>tfw translating the PoW maneuvers is a pain because the entire notion of calling attacks doesn't work well in your target language

Anyone else got similar issues with PoW?
>>
>>44813426

It's an attack roll but done via Skill check, not outright replaced with a skill check, if that makes any sense.
>>
>>44813323
How are book limits the sign of a bad GM? You have to admit there's some crappy 3pp books out there, and Sacred Geometry is a unholy abomination.
>>
>>44813465
Burgandy!
>>
File: color-by-gender.png (58 KB, 700x405) Image search: [Google]
color-by-gender.png
58 KB, 700x405
>>44813465
>>tfw both "scarlet" and "crimson" translate to the same word in your target language
red?
>>
>>44813465

Run it in text only using English?
>>
>>44813426
Power Attack doesn't actually specify the need to /make/ an attack roll, just that you take a penalty to attack rolls. Then you gain a damage bonus to melee attacks. We just decided that it'd be simpler to have your attack roll stuff apply normally to the skill check so that you didn't have to go looking it up every time you wanted to use a maneuver.

I'm trying to locate the FAQ about skill check maneuvers and crits/misses, but this came up as part of the discussion about Power Attack so that's what we're going with moving forward.
>>
>>44813376
They might not be explicitly immune to it, but as far as I can tell, most(if not all?) effects that daze are either mind-effecting or allow fortitude save, thus rendering at least undead and constructs normally immune to them.
>>
>>44813477
>>44813494
There exists a lot of synonyms, of course, but the point is to translate not only the gist of the meaning, but also give it a sort of elegance, so that it fits neatly in the narration.
>>
>>44813471
Found it.
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=19703869&postcount=253

So unless you changed your mind, I guess it's 'you can threaten crit, but 20 isn't an auto-hit if you would somehow still fall short of their AC'
>>
>>44813376
Because the save is lower than average thanks to the need for dazing spell. Which makes it easier to resist than usual add the fact that SR and immunities will be a thing which puts another wrench in the plan later on.

Sure you can be an admixture wizard with a dazing piercing fireball and not have to deal with elemental immunities but say hello to mr SR. Another popular way to walk around this is to go the conjuration route with no SR spells like geyser and acid arrow, but those have strict limitations which reduces their usefulness. Acid arrow seems fun at first with its repeating ticks of damage but note how 10~15 acid resistance competely fucks it over later on. Meanwhile Geyser deals most of its ticks through fire damage which is again a common immunity and the other half of its damage is from falling which gets fucked by the increasingly more available access to flight.

Its usefulness is balanced by degree of specialization required to be any good at it and still then it will still face harsh conditions for success relative to the what? 30~40% chance of it working which doesnt make it all that much better than a non overspecialized non metamagicked spell of its level.

Look at the other late blooming casting builds for example. A summoning specialist is capable of doing equally bad ass shit by the time the Dazing specialist comes on line, same goes for the Abjurer specced master dispeller with crazy high dispel bonuses. Which is sort of the point to high level magic really, if something really bad ass doesnt happen every time a 12th or higher level caster uses a spell then there is something horribly wrong with that character.
>>
>>44813474
I'm talking about "those" gms that go and say "no advanced players guide classes" more than anything actually.

1pp only games are perfectly fine as well as bans on blatantly powerful feats like leadership or paragorn surge.
>>
>>44813579
As I said here >>44813507
We're going with "You don't auto miss, but you also can't crit" going forward.
>>
>>44813465
This is a rather fascinating problem.

The obvious answer is "use other shades of red." But my guess is that the problem you're running into isn't about specific shades, but rather the language happens to be poor in words that describe shades of red.

If that's the case, then my advice would be to switch out the red theme for something else that you can find more words for. Scarlet Throne doesn't need to be Scarlet Throne in order to function properly, after all. Maybe you could switch it out for blood themed words, which would also fit with the discipline's fluff. Or something to do with wounds and battle. (Savage Throne, Savage Einhander, Carnage Lance...)
>>
>>44813362
As someone with a big fat dick, I'll just say that there's definitely issues.
Not to mention the balls, man.
>>
>>44813610

Unrelated, have you guys tested out giving maneuvers or stances to bestiary entries? I'm going to be running an AP soon with a PoW party and planned on sprinkling them upon most of the encounters to spice it up, but I don't want to over tune my fights either.

Probably something like monks and low CR enemies have a single Strike, while elites or bosses have stances and counters that thematically fit.
>>
>>44813613
Switching out the red theme would be the best solution, but I'll have to make sure I don't trespass on other disciplines' themes (savagery belongs to Primal Fury for example).

Thanks for the input!
>>
>>44813581
Yes, for spells...though I kind of idagree and still think that a dazining fireball is obscene. But there are also retarded maneuvers that daze for like 1d4 rounds and do not even have the mind control tag on them.
>>
>>44812805
He was planning on it. He solved every single encounter with "Okay I'm going to charm the NPC with a nearly impossible DC even when it wouldn't make sense and nobody can tell I'm doing it. Oh there's monsters? Let me explode their brain with 3d10 damage also with an impossible DC."
>>
>>44813759

I know I'm going to hate myself for asking this, but what sort of issues would a well-endowed male adventurer even run into? Like, shit that would actually come up in a campaign?
>>
>>44813759

People love 'em though.

i prefer average cocks because I'm too goddamn sensitive and somehow they miss the good spots unlike a properly angled normal dick
>>
>>44813465
What is your target language? Maybe there is a native speaker to help you here.
>>
Next session as a one-off random encounter I'm going to have the party stopped by a mysterious sheep herder who demands they pay a ridiculous tax to be allowed to cross through his land.

He's actually going to be a psionic class with a collective, and will try and force them into it to make them submit to him if they oppose the toll.

All his sheep are in his collective and as a result will be a bit more formidable than normal sheep.

So, which is more interesting? Void Prophet shepherd with initiating sheep, or Leech Life/Sadist shepherd who gets more powerful as his sheep die?
>>
>>44813807
I've done it in my Kingmaker Games. I usually give 2-3 maneuvers to monsters (usually primal fury or similar) and I almost always include a counter to help deal with rocket tag. Generally speaking I try to avoid high damage maneuvers but boosts for movement, stances for extra defense and counters to negate attacks make combat a lot more interesting.

I've toyed with some "generic maneuvers" that could just be easily bolted onto any existing monster but haven't gotten too far with it yet.
>>
>>44813852

Snagging, snaring, tearing the crotch after weeks of hard adventuring wear and tear, having to find a good tailor to custom fit the under fabric beneath your armor etc, and of course evil wanton wicked types wanting to disparage your 'honor' and taint you with their vile acts bred purely from lust instead of love (or a generous mix of the two.... )
>>
>>44813873
French.

Scarlet would properly translate to Écarlate, while Crimson would be Pourpre, but the people at Paizo decided to go with "La malédiction du trône écarlate", removing the regal connotation of Pourpre in favour of the sanguine overtone of Écarlate (which fits with the theme of the campaign).
>>
>>44813310
Neat, thanks.
>>
File: 1447456081323.gif (165 KB, 500x454) Image search: [Google]
1447456081323.gif
165 KB, 500x454
>>44813926

>He doesn't safely stuff his dick before the start of an adventuring day

Your fault if the thing snags.

>>44813858

That's due to angle, not size.
>>
>>44813852

Sex is exhausting, you aren't always in the mood, you lose it way easier than a turned on women, you could be verbally or physically harassed by either sex even in public - groupies aren't fun trust me. By the end of a tour your heroic paladin will be sore and very tired of people trying to get in his pants, especially if he's trying to get them to take him seriously.
>>
>>44812836
Not entirely true given that the basics, in spheres, IS things like teleportation. You grab the talent, and you already can. Sure, finer forms of usage require more, but even with PoW a veiled-moon user could just grab some of the basic "hit something" maneuvers 1-2 times and then grab all-out teleports later.
>>
>>44813992

Doesn't address the sensitivity part though. Just because you can doesn't mean you should, and I'm no size queen either. Personality, visual and vocal cues, knowing how to push my buttons, and knowing how to warm someone up goes way further for me.
>>
>>44813843
>nobody can tell I'm doing it.
People can tell if your casting a Psionic power unless you supress the effect.
>Let me explode their brain with 3d10 damage
That's not killing anything after basic bitch levels.
>>
>>44811288
>Same with Cryptic getting a ranged touch attack all day.
The kineticist isn't good and neither is the fucking cryptic. I don't get what the fuck is it about the phrase "ranged touch attack" that makes people shit themselves in horror.
>>
>>44812859
Don't forget Tech, which is explicitly designed to maximize the punishment of those who didn't spend half as much money on a magic item, because it's not magic and you deserve to pay for triggering the devs like that.
>>
>>44813896

Yeah I figured. Most monster entries do not need help creating more damage, but being more interesting problems to approach. I'll try some more mobility oriented maneuvers.
>>
>>44813858
Well, there's a possibility that it's not that the size is a problem, but rather that the owner thinks size will impress on its own and doesn't really give enough attention to... technique.
Well, unless by good spots you mean your prostate.
>>
>>44814079
Plus if the DCs are impossible it means he's cheating, or was secretly a wizard casting spells and not even a psion.
>>
>>44813948
Then change the maneuvers to pourpre?
>>
>>44813852
Getting an awkward boner that doesn't have sufficient room to grow in his armor?
>>
>>44814215
That would make the most sense but "trône pourpre" just sounds dreadful to my ears, it might just be the Consonnant+<r> alliteration or maybe I'm just weirded out for no reason.

I'll run it past my players, see what they think.
>>
>>44814076
Except that in spheres of power you are not going to be teleporting across the entire world or into planes with only the base sphere. As opposed to Psionics and Vancian casting where a caster can learn to do so without any prior investment.
>>
>>44809974
I think he was curious about all the facets of it, but the Slayer seems good.
>>
>Almost all the party is frontline martial, some with PoW
>Two party members have AC 27/29
>The other three have AC 20/20/19

How on earth do I decide what to-hit bonuses to give enemies.

Surprisingly the 27AC character is not one of the PoW ones and the 19AC character is.
>>
>>44813523
Use more Blood or Nobility-stylized words in your target language when talking about the martial maneuvers, whereas use more traditional "color" words when talking about the parts of the Adventure Path? Would that work?
>>
>>44814079
It was around level 4 or 5 that this was being done.
>>
>>44814397
Target saves or touch attack with some enemies. Just make sure not all of them are doing that.
>>
>>44814397
Different enemies have different to-hit bonuses, or use different ways to fight. Have casters target the low-AC characters; they weren't rolling to hit anyway, so they would have hit regardless of whether it was a spell or a sword.
>>
>>44814440
Great sword with PA at 18 str would do 2d6 + 6 + 6 coming out on average to about 19, where as 3d10 will average 16.5. The damage isn't that much, and it's probably limited in times per day, right?
>>
>>44813852

>Implying any of those problems are as noticeable as playing a lycanthrope in an online game

It brings out the worst in people, especially when you can remain some degree of Good.
>>
>>44814485
He had so many power points that it wouldn't matter, was pretty much all day manifesting.
>>
>>44814459
>>44814466
Yeah, that mostly makes sense.
Though in-story I kind of wonder how to justify 'oh look this encounter has that one enemy that targets flatfoot as well and once again they specifically go after the deadly agility monk! What a coincidence!' every time.
>>
>>44814578
At level 4 or 5? Assuming level 5 they'd have 25 pp from their class, and given a 20 int they would have an additional 12 pp giving them 37. Using 3d10 I'm assuming they enhanced the power to 3rd meaning they spent at least 3 pp which means they could do it 12 times a day. At 12 times only targeting one opponent that's hardly that bad.
>>
>>44814619
You definitely shouldn't do it every combat. However, when it turns out your minions can't hit the person then they'll target others that they can hit and let the person that targets saves or touch AC go after 'em. Unless, of course, the PCs are well known ahead of time, in which case if the enemies gathered information and know how to target them then shoot.
>>
>>44814578
>>44814634
12 times a day vs one guy and doing nothing else. 9 with over channel

Not to mention with 20 int, the DC would be around 18(10+1(level)+1=2(augment+overchannel)+5(int) at 4 pp 9 times a day.

17 without 12 times a day.

That's tough, but hardly unbeatable. Literally on par with your standard caster.

Is your GM stupid/James Jacobs?
>>
>>44814730
I meant

10+1(level)+2(overcharged augmentation)+5=DC 18 will save to negate. A sorcerer with Spell Focus and Greater Spell Focus can do the equivalent of a fully augmented version of that ability around 13 times a day with 20 int at level 5. And it auto-scales too.
>>
>>44813843
What was the actual DC he was forcing?
Empathic Connection, aka Psionic charm person, is a level 1 power. So base DC of 11 + Int modifier + 1 for every 2 additional power points put into it. So lets break it down for a lvl 5 Psion(Telepath).
Base DC 11.
Intelligence of 18 base, +2 racial, +2 item. So 22 for +6 to DC.
+ 2 for extra 4 PP spent on augmenting.
So that gives you a save of 19 before feat optimization.

If it was inexplicably higher by two they were stacking on Telepath's class ability Mental Intrusion and ignored the clause about it not working if the Power already allows augmenting to boost DC.

Empathic Connection has a Display of mental, so that means that any creatures within 15ft of the manifester or target hear a chiming.
Its a DC 16 concentration check to supress the display for a level 1 power.
Its a DC 16 spellcraft check to tell that the power was Empathic Connection cast if someone was watching.

So an optimized build would still be detectable to people who aren't the target pretty easily. If they were using the metapsionic feat, Persistent Power than they would almost always charm an unprepared person. Needing to make two DC19 Will saves and if they fail either they are charmed. But that also requires their Focus to use so they can't spam that one.

What level was the Psion who was pulling this? Did the party ever run into plants, constructs, undead, etc, types that are immune to mind-affecting? It also cost extra to work on non-humanoids.
>>
>>44814920
What do you mean display? He never told us about this. If I had known the fucker was cheating I'd have kicked him out a long time ago.
>>
>>44815137
Trusting Psions, not even once.
>>
>>44815137
While it's not like vancian spells where you HAVE to do a little song and dance, psi powers (mostly) all have various displays. Some'll spooge everyone in ectoplasm (pic related), mental ones usually have everyone in a radius "hear" something strange, and obviously you can't hide an energy ball going off down the fucking street.

This is notably harder to hide, whereas a charm person spell is basically unnoticeable if you don't get SEEN casting it.
>>
>>44814101
Because my group is convinced that the fact you can spend extra power points on a power gives you all the higher level versions of the power which is unfair to wizards or sorcerers.
>>
>>44815137
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-powers#TOC-Display

Each power has certain visible/aubile displays now. Its listed right above manifesting time.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-powers/e/empathic-connection

Mental displays are
>Mental: A subtle chime rings once in the minds of creatures within 15 feet of either the manifester or the subject (at the manifester’s option). At the manifester’s option, the chime can ring continuously for the power’s duration. Some powers describe unique mental displays.

Most people don't see that part on the d20pfsrd. Powers do the usual magic-y stuff, glowing eyes with Detect Psionics, unless you actively make a concentration check to suppress it.
>>
>>44815273
But a lvl 15 Wizard doesn't need to use a 8th level slot to do 15d6 of damage with this fireball.

A Psion has to pay for any damage/DC increases.
It means that you need less blasting Powers known, but its not cheap to blast. And Nova'ing works poorly in most circumstances compared to BFC or debuffing/buffing or Summoning.
>>
>>44815273
Occult Adventures now has Undercasting, which is fairly similar.

Also, I don't usually jump on the 'wizards break all rules' bandwagon but
>Wizard just pays some gold to learn the new spells he needs
>With his only limit being his gold budget, and learning spells is fairly cheap
>>
>>44815273
WAT.

A Wizard learns <ALL>. spells.

Psions on the other hand do not autoscale.
You're not "learning Crystal shards III, V, IX for free".

The wizard equivalent would be this:
>Magic Missile fires one missile
>If you cast it with a level 2 slot, you get 2 missiles
>If you cast it with a level 3 slot, you get 3 missiles
>If you cast it with a level 5 slot, you get 5 missiles
>If you want your fireball to deal 10d6, you have to use a level 6 slot

Augementation might have its uses, but vancian spellcasters don't have to pay a fucking cent for their lightning bolt to hit for 10d6 instead of 5d6.

It's not unfair to wizards and sorcerers (who have more known spells than a psion does powers): It's unfair to the PSION
>>
>>44814920
I was playing a psion(telepath) recently and at most had a DC 21 Will using the maximum amount of PP on my spell.

I was mad at some of the other players at the time, specifically the witch, and wanted to show up his measly DC 16 will saves.
>>
Ok, let me tell you a situation.

There are four of you at level 1. I present you with a camp, inside which there are 5 goblins and 2 hobgoblins, so you are clearly outnumbered. However, you need information that is inside the leader's tent in letters. As well around there camp they have set up a few trip wires and traps to alert them to intruders.

What do you do?

If you answer "charge in and start hitting goblins", I hate you and you deserved to die that encounter.
>>
>>44815273
Well, it DOES effectively increase the amount of powers known when compared with spells... But even then, a high-level psion has 36 powers known unless he spends feats on Expanded Knowledge. A wizard has 41+starting int spells known, MINIMUM, and potentially well-over a hundred. A cleric has access to all published cleric spells. When comparing the psion with the sorcerer, the situation is more favorable, with the sorcerer only getting 43 spells known, but the psion pays for the by having worse casting economy due to having to pay extra PP for scaling as well as working off of an inferior list - only the powers available to his discipline + general psion list are available without spending feats unlike the sorcerer who can pick up spells all across his list - and of course, the sorcerer spell list is not only much more expansive than the Psion's power list thanks to the wealth of Paizo and 3pp material available, but in many cases the equivalent spells are flat-out superior to comparable powers. This is not to say that the sorcerer is straight-up better than the psion, but the superior versatility of the psion's powers is not only largely illusory, but he pays a heavy price for that versatility. And of course, compared to wizard or cleric, the psion is just flat-out worse off when it comes to versatility unless the wizard literally never gets additional spells to scribe to his spellbook.
>>
>>44815690
But we've got the element of surprise!
>>
>>44815690
Set the camp on fire
>>
>>44815690
Charge in and start hitting on goblins, I roll to seduce.
>>
>>44815690
It depends so incredibly much on what classes and abilities the party has that there's no way to give an answer.
>>
>>44815768
Let's say for argument's sake I'm going to determine this randomly.

You got a Human Illusionist Wizard, a Half-Elf Ninja, a Dwarf Summoner, and a Halfling Barbarian

>>44815743
I like this plan, this plan might have worked.

>>44815739
Sure you do buddy. Hope you don't step in a bear trap.
>>
Wait, are zealots supposed to get around half of their powerpoints from their Cha modifier?
>>
>>44815690
nigga, I charge in and hit goblins. Fuck your bullshit, nobody in the party is specialized in stealth anyway.
>>
>>44815814
So the illusionist wizard and the summoner set about with a distraction for the goblins while the ninja stealths his way in and the Barbarian hides out on standby in order to help the ninja in case he gets caught.
>>
>>44815856
I mean, there are more options than just "stealth or charge". You could wait for patrols to go out, try and lure them out, light something on fire, try and negotiate, or more.
>>
>>44815814
>halfling barbarian

Have the summoner summon a goon to distract the camp and then have the ninja sneak in
>>
What would undead powered by positive energy look like, /pfg/?
>>
>>44815921
A living creature.
>>
>>44815921
A normal person
>>
>>44815921
Plants.
>>
>>44815921
Regular people
Phoenix dudes in the positive plane
Prana ghost
Take you pick
>>
>>44815881
If you want us to wait around until you think the time is right, why did you fucking waste our time by presenting the illusion of a choice? Odds of anybody in the party taking fucking goblin as a language choice is slim, not to mention the fact that they're likely hostile. Sure I can set a tinyass fucking camp with seven dudes inside on fire, but they can literally walk five feet away and be okay, not to mention that it'll burn that shit up that we want.

The situation was constructed so that there was only really one way to complete it, and if you don't take it, you're either at a severe disadvantage or you lose.
>>
>>44815969
>If you want us to wait around until you think the time is right, why did you fucking waste our time by presenting the illusion of a choice?
So enemies killing you when you charge into a tactically terrible situation is presenting an "illusion of choice". Players like you should be shot.

You should always try to get a tactical advantage. Fucking christ, at least wait until night to make your attack.
>>
>>44815921
Mummies are powered by positive energy in the good editions of D&D. I think it's certainly more interesting than yet another shambling abomination powered by negative energy.
>>
>>44815997
With only one person being adept at stealth the longer we wait the more likely we are to get caught. By taking initiative we can catch them by surprise and take out their leadership before they have any idea what's happening. Besides, I have perception, I ain't steppin' on a bear trap.
>>
>>44815997
Way to miss the point. If there was only one reasonable way to do this, why did you not present that way to begin with? Yeah, maybe your players are dumb, but you're also a retard and bad at encounter design.
>>
>>44815969
>If you want us to wait around until you think the time is right, why did you fucking waste our time by presenting the illusion of a choice?

It's not a real game unless you're able to make poor choices. And there are plenty of good choices BESIDES waiting. For fuck's sake, you have an illusionist, show some creativity.
>>
>>44815690
Find a situation where the caster can get a group of them with Sleep or Color Spray.

Use a familar/animal companion etc to remove some of them from the camp while the rest of the group moves in. If some one has a small familiar just send it in while the group distracts the camp, aka the opposite of the first plan..
>>
>>44815997
your stupid ass hypothetical doesnt give us enough to work with. How about telling us what time it is before we make our choice? Or if they know that we're coming? Or any-fucking-thing at all about the terrain we're in?
>>
>>44816247
Ok, lets go down the line for these questions:
>How about telling us what time it is before we make our choice?
A little after noon.
>Or if they know that we're coming?
No they do not.
>Or any-fucking-thing at all about the terrain we're in?

>>44816031
There are many reasonable ways to do it. However you could only conceptualize stealth or immediate assault.

>>44816015
See, the issue isn't stepping on the bear traps. A field of bear traps slows you down as you have to go around them, and the goblins have time to shoot you as you're picking your way through.
Cold forrest
>>
>>44816475
>Or any-fucking-thing at all about the terrain we're in?
Cold forrest
>>
>>44816475
So you're saying the bear traps are difficult terrain.
>>
>>44816475
I would go to a nearby village and get a bunch of angry townspeople to come and kill the goblins for me.

The group could also dig a tunnel under their camp and pop up under the tent to retrieve the letter.

Or the group could go and gain experience from killing monsters until they hit level 5 and then come back to the camp.

Or the party could put on a few goblin masks and walk up to the camp leader claiming that theyre the officials who need the letter.

Maybe the party could walk up to them and ask for it nicely because the goblins arent even hostile.
>>
>>44816513
No I'm saying there isn't a straight line to run through them that won't make you step on a bear trap, so there aren't any charge lanes.
>>
>>44816644
Right, like difficult terrain.
>>
>Level 9
>25 point but
>Any core minus Oracle
>Plot is mercenary company doing mercenary things

I need the sloppiest, filthiest character class/concept you've got. Something that just announces "war is hell" and would give someone second thoughts on being evil for the sake of edge, while still being very effective.
>>
>>44816655
That isn't how difficult terrain works. You can go through it at full speed, but if you do you're running on bear traps. Difficult terrain is just a straight halving of speed no matter where you step.
>>
>>44816684
>Any core minus Oracle
I think you have a non-standard definition of 'core'.
>>
>>44816684
Ratfolk Alchemist with the Plague Bringer archetype?
>>
>>44816684
Too bad you cant do oracle because some of the oracle curses are the most horrifying things you can get
>>
>>44816720
Alchemist isn't core
>>
>>44816684
"Core" means literally only corebook + MM, so Oracle was never on the table. >>>/paizo/
>>
>>44816760
>>44816755
>>44816713

For clarification, the DM is kind of dumb and says "core" when he means "any class written by Paizo."
>>
>>44816757
Neither is oracle, so assuming the APG isn't too out of line.
>>
File: 1449084519465.jpg (78 KB, 252x252) Image search: [Google]
1449084519465.jpg
78 KB, 252x252
>>44816757
>any core minus oracle
>alchemist isn't core
>literally introduced in the same book
>>
>>44816792
So translate for us, buddy.
>>
>>44816792
Then you should slap his face until he stops doing that. And him being wrong isn't any excuse for you to be.
>>
>>44816684
Human Barbarian:
Str: 20
Dex: 12
Con: 16
Int: 10
Wis: 12
Cha: 8

Rage Powers:
Good for What Ails You
Liquid Courage
Superstition
Lesser Beast Totem
Beast Totem
Witch Hunter
Spell Sunder

Feats:
Power Attack
Furious Focus
Extra Rage Power
Extra Rage Power
Extra Rage Power
Improved Dirty Trick

Fucking hate spell casters.
>>
>>44816834

>Implying he shouldn't go Armored Hulk for ultimate Gregor Clegane
>>
>>44816684

Alchemist written as a disgraced surgeon practicing his craft on soldiers and using his alchemy for the camp whores.

Cavalier that sees literally nothing wrong with impaling peasants if they are hiding dissidents/gold in the village.

Creepy Slayer who enjoys the perks of being in the front lines picking people off, terror campaign extraordinaire.

Armored Hulk Barbarian, be the fury.

Missing anything?
>>
How high can competency bonus items go? I am a crafter wizard with clever wordplay and a trait to make bluff a class skill, however I really need to be good at lying come this next encounter if we're gonna live.

I have a NPC cooperative crafter and a valet familiar, plus I'm a dwarf, so I can make wondrous items stupidly quick, but I need this lying power.
>>
>>44817828
As high as +30. Market price is (Competence Bonus)^2 * 100 gp.
>>
>>44817828
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/m-p/mask-of-stony-demeanor
>>
>>44817855
Perfect, 30 may be enough.
>>
>>44813494
XKCD did an informal poll and found that image is mostly crap. It does very, but by wavelength (men can identify shades of red better than women can, for example)
>>
If you turn a tarrasque ethereal (this is left as an exercise to the reader) would you still be able to hear and see its ethereal form? Would it ever threaten your world again?
>>
>>44813465
Calling attacks, what?
>>
>>44817963
>Not calling your attacks.

Pleb
>>
>>44817884
There have been ACTUAL studies made about the subject, and people whose languages don't have words for certain colours have difficulties distinguishing them.
>>
>>44817963
If you call out the strikes while initiating they add a +2 cool modifier to your DCs. That's why it's mandatory to yell out "FIVE-SHADOW CREEPING ICE ENERVATION STRIKE!"
>>
>>44817921
Ethereal creatures are invisible to the material plane and cannot affect it at all.
>>
>>44818101
>maneuvers with DCs
>>
>>44817921
It'd start eating up all the ghosts.
>>
>>44808480
Asked this in the last thread, but does anyone have the "Battle-Chef" class PDF by Little Red Goblin Games?
>>
>>44818124
What's wrong with maneuvers that have DCs?
>>
Oi, /pfg/

Playing in a gestalt game, and my character, being a trapbreaker and cryptbreaker alchemist, gestalted with a rogue, has trapfinding three times.

This stacks, right? It's only stat to X things that you can't get multiple times?
>>
>>44818830
Bonuses from the same source don't stack, so as long as "trapfinding" is considered one source they won't stack. I'd argue it is the same source since they all have the same name, but you'd want to check with your gm.
>>
>>44818830
Nope. Untyped bonus does not stack with another untyped bonus from identical source.
>>
>>44818830
With gestalt, you go with the fastest progression for non-spell class features that share a name. It's not a question of stacking.
>>
>>44818930
Well then I'd still have Trapfinding twice from one class.
>>
File: 1452469126496.jpg (149 KB, 736x931) Image search: [Google]
1452469126496.jpg
149 KB, 736x931
>>44818910
Isn't that just when dealing with Stat to stat like Wis to AC?
>>
>>44818949
And can trade trapfinding from rogue away with another archetype if it suits you.
>>
File: Ruby_-_Winza,_Tanzania.jpg (156 KB, 602x802) Image search: [Google]
Ruby_-_Winza,_Tanzania.jpg
156 KB, 602x802
>>44813948
Rubis.
>>
>>44818990
That's what I was thinking, but I can't seem to find the post talking about it. Anyone got it handy?
>>
>>44818990
Nope, it's the general rule. Stat as a bonus is a clarification of that rule.
>>
Since I'm going to be running the Iron Gods AP do I need to make any changes to technology to make it actually usable when the players get to the appropriate levels?
>>
>>44819084
>>44818990
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/basics-ability-scores/glossary#TOC-Bonus
Bonuses without a type always stack, unless they are from the same source.
>>
>>44813948
I suggest going back to the development version of Scarlet Throne's name, Jade Throne.
>>
>>44819185
But that's in not-Japan
>>
>>44813515

Not all the time. See examples such as: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/b/blasphemy
>>
>>44819228
>>44813948
Are you in Not-Japan?
>>
File: 1434939815630.jpg (66 KB, 634x727) Image search: [Google]
1434939815630.jpg
66 KB, 634x727
Why does everyone seem to hate pathfinder?
>>
>>44819306
We see it's flaws
We see what it could be
Reconciling the two is what leads to hatred.
>>
>>44819112
Most of the weapons are useless if the enemy has any sort of elemental resistance, like most of the robots do.

Make sure they have enough batteries to actually use the toys you give him.

If you choose to allow the players to make their own tech, make sure they get labs. If not let them know ahead of time so they won't waste feats trying to go for it.

Seriously consider whether or not you want to burden the players with Timeworn weapons.

Make Val older so it isn't creepy.

The last adventure suffers from horrible pacing. You might want to work on the final fight and reconsider when the players fight mecha-Unity, putting that fight after they venture into the Godmind so Unity comes back in his FINAL FORM and end the AP on a high note.
>>
>>44819295

Minkai is cute! CUTE!

It's also the length of Avistan, and half of it's width. Minkai is fucking HUGE.
>>
>>44819084
Not really a clarification. That correction was not actually covered by the identical sources exception, since the source is the feature granting the bonus and the attribute is simply how the feature calculates it (which is normally not relevant outside of the feature).
>>
>>44819548
>Most of the weapons are useless if the enemy has any sort of elemental resistance, like most of the robots do.

Would it be unbalanced to change the weapon damage type to force damage? 1/2 fire & electricity damage for that price definitely isn't worth it.
>>
>>44819602
Well, gravity guns already deal force damage, they're just crazy overpriced.
>>
>>44819602
I don't think that would be outrageous or imbalance the game. Might make things a little less interesting.
Maybe have a way that the weapons work as normal but also have a setting where the damage is force instead, but affected by DR. That way the players can use them against appropriate elemental weaknesses for an advantage while still being able to fight people with Resist Elements.
>>
>>44819661
>the damage is force instead, but affected by DR
Isn't that just regular physical damage?
>>
>>44819686
Force can hit incorporeal
>>
>>44819774
Yeah, but it wouldn't be affected by DR either.
>>
>>44819306
One of the design goals was fixing balance issues with 3.5. Everyone outside of Paizo's walls thought that meant helping melee and nerfing casters, because that huge gap was one of the core problems of the system. The exact opposite happened. Even the faster feat progression, which seemed like it would help, is wasted on the increased number of 'feat tax' feats that were, again, already a problem that needed addressing and Paizo moved us in the opposite direction.

Paizo themselves hated any actual playtesters that emerged and were really hostile to analysis. The more thought a poster put into something, the MORE likely they were to disregard them as a powergamer. If you did any math you were a powergamer. It's super-disappointing to learn this when they were touting the game as being crafted with 'extensive community input'.
>>
>>44819817
Of course paizo doesn't give a shit about input, the Kineticist and Arcanist are two perfect examples, though for complete opposite reasons.
>>
>>44819817
>, the MORE likely they were to disregard them as a powergamer. If you did any math you were a powergamer
What baffles me is why WOULDN'T you listen to the people you think know your shit so well they can abuse it?
>>
File: 1418943710513.png (164 KB, 246x266) Image search: [Google]
1418943710513.png
164 KB, 246x266
I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to making a gunslinger class. Can anyone guide me to a correct build?
>>
>>44813310
Doesn't that make the damage way too high?
>>
>>44820105
You're making a class, or a build?
>>
>>44820105
We'll need a LOT more details about what you're allowed and what levels/etc you've got.
>>
>>44820105
A savage technologist barbarian.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.