[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Age of Sigmar General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 228
Thread images: 28
File: Skaven vs Fyreslayer.jpg (644 KB, 1983x1333) Image search: [Google]
Skaven vs Fyreslayer.jpg
644 KB, 1983x1333
>resources
http://pastebin.com/6V43sNSH

Fyreslayer is over, what's next? edition
>>
>>44808204
I want new Skaven or Lizardmen models.
I was never all that into Fantasy before Vermintide and Mordheim, but I've looked over the old lore and love some of the old factions.
But most of the Skaven models are garbage.
>>
Well, we have one more week of fyreslayers after this with the last two heroes still to come. We don't tend to get concrete leaks (i.e. pictures) two weeks out, but rumours from late last year are suggesting 40k once the fyreslayers are done (though the rumourmongers can't agree whether it's guard or yiffmarines).
>>
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 600x387) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 600x387
What size base does it look like these giants are on? Making an order to rebase my night goblin army and figure I can include my old giant in with them.
>>
>>44810605
Not sure, but if you email the white dwarf address at GW, mentioning the issue number and so on, they'll generally tell you. I got some advice from them on how a conversion in one of their pictures had been done once.
>>
>>44810661
You could also just send the pic
>>
>>44810872
I like it, plenty tough, like they should be. Can you make one for Harry the Hammer as well? I don't have the templates or access to a computer atm, so I gotta ask. Remember that he hates skeletons if you go by his WD rules.
>>
Ltd editions sold so well they stopped making them. GJ GW
>>
>>44811393
>Ltd editions sold so well they stopped making them
I know what you meant, but think about that sentence for a second.
>>
>>44811492
Sarcasm alerter set to silent.
>>
File: Test.png (6 MB, 2520x3288) Image search: [Google]
Test.png
6 MB, 2520x3288
>>44811199
Sorry I deleted the post. Found some mistakes. Here's the revised post/scroll.

Subbing generic warscrolls for all our awesome named characters was a dick move. So I present for critique a roughed out version of the first in a series of new warscrolls I'll be creating to reclaim all of our favorite heroes.

Here is Grombrindal, Gotrek Gurnisson and Josef Bugman.

A few notes about the warscroll:

o I chose not to use the Dwarf Lord or Slayer keywords deliberately to prevent synergies to and from the model

o I also did not give a command ability because that is not typically the role of these characters in battle except under certain circumstances

o I altered the Strong Drink rule by eliminating Grombrindal's portion, weakening Josef's but making it more probable and not prevent action and making Gotrek's less probable. Wounds are easier to cause now and I wanted the model to heal more reliably but in a lesser amount. Before Bugman healed all wounds on a 1-2

o I combined the Helm and unbreakable abilities since rallying and unbreakable don't exist anymore and made it an AOE battleshock immunity

o I settled on 10 wounds because I wanted the model to have more wounds than Thorgrim but not as many as the largest figs. I want it to survive through its abilities instead of a huge pool of wounds
>>
File: Fyreslayer.jpg (871 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
Fyreslayer.jpg
871 KB, 2048x1536
To whom familiar with the lore of the Old World, anywhere said that, Grimnir have tomahawk haircut?

Some anon suggest that, Gotrex replaced(infused with) Grimnir during End Time, that why Grimnir in AoS have a slayer tomahawk. Is that true?
>>
>>44811675
>Is that true?

In Slayer, Gotrek meets Grimnir who kills and then resurrects Gotrek. He basically ascends Gotrek and has him replace his position. It's implied that Gotrek has the job of going toe-to-toe with all of Be'lakor's demonic armies, forever.

To my knowledge, no - Grimnir was never really depicted as having a mohawk in the old fluff.

The habit of having a a red mohawk comes from the first slayer, who adopted the look of a Dwarf prince who got killed on his watch.
>>
>>44811675
>>44811892
Grimnir was the first Slayer.
>>
As much as I miss WHFB, I hope AOS does well. Give it a few more years and I am sure it's fluff and lore will make it a worth successor to WHFB. In the mean time I will look on from the side.
>>
>>44812078
>Grimnir was the first Slayer.

So, what anon said are nothing, but speculation?
>>
>>44811892
Is correct

>>44812078
Is not correct

I'm looking for the evidence in my Dwarf stuff right now. Will update.
>>
File: Age of Sigmar searches.jpg (44 KB, 863x566) Image search: [Google]
Age of Sigmar searches.jpg
44 KB, 863x566
>>44812502
>Give it a few more years
Not sure that's going to happen.
>>
>>44812502
Have you seen the 6th month report of GW? I doubt it last more than two years.
>>
Has anymore lore been added to the Stormhosts that make up the Stormcast armies? I haven't really found any thing that goes into detail about how a Stormhost is made and all its various warrior chambers.
>>
>>44815566
Nope, nothing gets more details than a few lines saying "these guys fight [insert synonym of fiercely]"
>>
>>44816865
Shame, I was very intrested to have at least known how a Stormhost worked. Part of the fun of making Your Dudes.
>>
>>44816865
Just for variety, ever time geedubs do that they should insert a lazy chapter/clan/craftworld/whatever.

'The Bloodragers of Thargul fight adequately when backed into a corner. Most of the time, however, they can't really be fucked.'
>>
>>44815566
Hallowed knights have a story but not much from audios
>>
BTW, speaking about audios. Last part of Mannfred story with Nagash and Sigmar's guys is still missing?
>>
>>44815266
Just red an article on Spikeybits about it. Apparently it's a normal trend and we will really be fixed on how well AOS does when GW will release their 2016 numbers.

I personally don't care that much. I'm just a bit salty over the fact that I've been amassing skavens almost slave by slave for 5 years on top of my 40k armies in order to one day play them at whfb but the game died before that and I've about 150 useless rats gathering dust on my shelves.
>>
>>44817342
Comes out today
>>
>>44817488
Play KoW.
>>
>>44817488
You can play old hammer brah, or other Mass battle games.
>>
>>44817656
>>44817649
No one plays these around me anymore. It's just 40k and some rare AoS games on the week end now.
>>
>>44817762
Not even X-Wing? Is a damn good game and very supported right now.
>>
>The Lord of Khorne lowered his horn, made from a length of curving, hollowed bone, and regarded the Fyreslayers one by one.

>‘I am Kar Thraxis,’ he said, the deep timbre of his words inflaming the blood of all who heard with a need to do violence. ‘I am the Ravager, the Devourer in Flame. I would meet your mightiest.’

>Killim, Aethnir and Nosda-Grimnir shared glances.

>Without waiting for them to decide, Dunnegar strode into the clearing and readied his greataxe.

>Kar Thraxis nodded, apparently satisfied by what he saw. ‘I hear you slew the Griever.’

>‘Not I,’ Dunnegar grunted, ‘but I was there.’

>‘Good. You cannot imagine how long I have waited to see him dead.’

>Dunnegar gave an impatient growl. ‘Are we going to fight then?’

>‘One day. Perhaps.’

>With a snap of his armoured wrist, a gang of inhumanly muscular men with dull, beast-of-burden looks, trudged between the watching priests. They dragged heavy chests behind them, pulling them by chains that were fed through the steel rings hammered into their bruised flesh. At a motion from Kar Thraxis, one of the slaughterpriests stepped forward to kick the lock from one. The giant bent low and threw it open.

>The Fyreslayers murmured in stunned appreciation.

>Dunnegar’s eyes widened as he took in the glittering hoard. As if he could simply absorb it all.

>‘There is ur-gold here,’ said Solldun, crouching, eyes fire bright.

>‘You’re sure?’ Dunnegar mumbled.

>Many Fyreslayers had some sense for the presence of ur-gold, but only a runemaster had the gift to pick ur-gold from gold.

>Solldun simply nodded.

>‘You like my gold?’ said Kar Thraxis, a smile opening his face like a fissure in deep earth. ‘I had heard.’
>>
>>44818011
>‘We like some of your gold,’ Dunnegar said cagily, but bartering now seemed pointless. The Lord of Khorne had seen the hunger in them all, the starvation. He lowered his axe in surrender, dimly conscious of his brothers and cousins doing the same. ‘What do you want for it?’

>Kar Thraxis gestured behind him. There, the storm that the Fyreslayers had been following like a guiding star blackened the mountain sky. ‘The war storm is here, led by a being the Stormcasts call Celestant-Prime.’

>‘You want me to kill this Stormcast for you?’ Dunnegar wrenched his gaze from the gold and turned to face the Lord of Khorne. He felt no fear of this monster. He stuck out his jaw, puffed out his chest. ‘Because I can do that.’

>Chuckling, Kar Thraxis dismounted and knelt to be eye-to-eye with the Fyreslayer. ‘His death by another’s hand wins me nothing.’

>‘Taurak Skullcleaver,’ Dunnegar grunted in understanding.

>‘The gods demand unity in the face of the storm. His death by my hand will also win me nothing. Will you do it?’

>Dunnegar’s gold-flecked eyes met the Khornate’s hate-filled glare and held it. The runefather was dead, his lodge destroyed and swallowed by another. Ancient as such civilized trappings could appear, they were temporary. Grimnir’s life and death taught that. Only power was eternal.

>Only gold.

>He hawked up a gob of saliva and spat it on his palm, extending it to the Lord of Khorne as it sizzled.

>‘I will. And I can.’

It seems that Fyreslayers has no issue with working for Chaos or killing Stormcast.
>>
>>44818100
So basically they are Jews
>>
>>44818011
>>44818100
How strong is this sense for ur-gold?
Being able to feel if there's ur-gold means nothing if you can't tell it apart from the regular stuff and if the Runemasters are the only ones that can, wouldn't this mean that you could simply toss a single ur-gold coin in a treasure chest and screw over a bunch of regular Fryeslayers as they think there might be more ur-gold in the chest?
>>
>>44814401
>>44811675

Dwarf 8th edition Army book at least.

Shows Grimnir was a natural redhead, during the wars he shaves his head into a mohawk.
>>
>>44818489
Get ready for some Tzeentch fucker to do that.
>>
>>44819187
Of course. That reminds me though that because Slaanesh is all but dead that we will never see a Keeper of Secrets seduce a proud Aruric RuneFather with the promise of ur-gold wealth beyond his wildest dreams.
>>
>>44818497

He was a redhead... I don't have the 8E book in front of me cause I'm out and about but I did just read through Grudgelore real quick looking for the original Slayer fluff and it said Grimnir's hair was fashioned into a spike atop his head. This doesn't make him the origin of the Slayers. I know the story of the dead prince is legit I just haven't found it in my books yet.
>>
>>44812502

game is already dead mate
>>
>>44818489
Runemasters in range can sense Ur-Gold in another realm. The warscroll says that they can recognize it by it's glint.
>>
Fyreslayers Duardin are confirmed to have existed for over ten thousand year.
>>
>The wild and competitive nature of Runesons means that a wise Runefather sires many such progeny throughout his time as patriarch. The greatest Runefathers, like Hursgar of the Greyfyrd, have had many sons over their long lives. Dozens have been lost to war and misadventure, but dozens more remain ready to take up Hursgar’s mantle when he dies. Yet only one of these will be chosen by the Runefather upon his death, with the blessing of the Runemaster. For the others, they are left with the choice of remaining to serve their brother, knowing they may never earn the right to lead the lodge, or setting out on their own. So it is that the death of the Runefather is often a time of fracturing within a lodge, and a time of new beginnings, as Runesons and their followers set out into the realms to found their own lodges.

Extract of Battletome: Fyreslayers
>>
>>44812502
WHFB didn't need a successor, GW are idiots and threw away a profitable game for a disaster.
>>
>>44820067
The thing is that WHFB wasn't profitable.
>>
>>44820968
Nobody has managed to show it wasn't and it was still one of the best selling wargames in the world when they planned to get rid of it.

GW chased after more profits so hard it drove away players, they could have easily fixed that far more cheaply than the amount they have invested in AoS.
>>
>>44821178
>one of the best selling
It means nothing. Selling something doesn't mean profit. There are other costs like production or marketing.
>>
>>44821309
So where is the proof it was not making a profit?

Because the ONLY people I have ever seen make this claim were AoS fanboys trying to justify GW killing the game.
>>
>>44821559
>So where is the proof it was not making a profit?
I'm sorry I can't give a source for this, but I remember reading about the designers having said something along the lines of "they wanted to scrap warhammer but we managed to get us this last chance to save fantasy"
>>
File: 1370620537112.jpg (11 KB, 399x382) Image search: [Google]
1370620537112.jpg
11 KB, 399x382
>>44821309
>GW marketing
>>
>>44821609
that sounds total bullshit.

if the designers truly barely managed to make AoS. why does GW invest so much in it?
>>
>>44822052
Well, they have posters, shitty youtube teasers, White Dwarf articles, some painting guides, some Black Library short stories, there are those little bonus gadgets that they give you now and then like pins or something....
>>
>>44818489
I imagine they could feel the rough amount, but considering how these guys want literally ANY amount of the stuff, I don't think they would mind.
They probably don't negotiate more serious contracts without a Runemaster to verify the amount of gold.

>>44818100
Can you REALLY blame them for wanting to kill the Stormcast?
I bet in some future story it will turn out that they are using Ur-Gold (probably completely accidentally) to forge their equipment and the Fyreslayers will flip their shit.
>>
>>44821309
>There are other costs like production or marketing.
>GW
>Marketing

roflmao
>>
>>44821609

citation needed

I only remember some slav troll saying this and noone else
>>
>>44824345
Don't be an idiot. >>44822281
>>
>>44821609
>I'm sorry I can't give a source for this, but I remember reading about the designers having said something along the lines of "they wanted to scrap warhammer but we managed to get us this last chance to save fantasy"

so instead of scrapping fantasy they scrapped the space marine statue?

makes total sense now
>>
>>44824345
Customer services, like product replacement is part of marketing too, you never get a brand new kit when you call customer hotline?

>>44824368
WHFB scrapped anyway, you need to accepted that GW dislike the Old World.
>>
>>44824380

yeah, what a retarded guy, you can see how

> posters, shitty youtube teasers, White Dwarf articles, some painting guides, some Black Library short stories, there are those little bonus gadgets that they give you now and then like pins or something

cost millions
>>
>>44824532
>WHFB scrapped anyway, you need to accepted that GW dislike the Old World.

hello slav
>>
>>44824575
>hello slav
Calling other slav, do not change the fact, GW scrapped the Old World already, deal with it.
>>
File: src_1327926837495.jpg (55 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
src_1327926837495.jpg
55 KB, 600x450
>>44824766

i'm totally fine buddy

having fun laughing at GW's sales falling because they were retarded
>>
Off topic, talk about slav/shill you guy know there are aggressive kind? Attack/insult/spread rumor about competitior, certain Korea consumer electronics brand love it.

It is funny that, you guy shill/slav everyday but do not aware that, shitposter fall in the same catalog too.

Ok, maybe shitposting is your hobby.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (7 KB, 223x226) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
7 KB, 223x226
>>44825008
>>
>>44825008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrzpoUjJ_0g
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I'm just starting AoS so I picked up the Seraphon getting started box. I have the option of making a either a scar veteran or an old blood on carnosaur. There's also the option of making a troglodon instead. Given the battle plan in the box requires a scar veteran, is that the best way to go? Pic related.
>>
How does your group get over the "no points cost"?

Do you use wounds as a points limit or play Warhammer Fantasy ?
>>
So have Stormcast Stormhost Creation Tables already been made?
>>
>>44829254
I'd love to try Age of Sigmar but this is the thing I don't understand. Everyone I ask mentions it as a major negative.
I am all for asymetrical games and interesting scenarios but is there really no way to adjudicate a balanced match when you want one?
>>
>>44829569
There is really no official way. That said, the community has released several unofficial composition systems.
>>
>>44829974
>>44829569
www.scrollbuilder.com

Azyr pool or SDK point, both system work fine.

>>44828293
Stick with your choice, the battalion bonus ain't that great, reform and charge sound cool, but cold one knight charge bonus just plain bad.
>>
>>44821609
At most the source was an annual report that sales were wfb 30% 40k 70%
And kirby used stupid stack ranking so decided oh it's not selling as much as 40k so must be crap
Which is dumb as 40k has easier to paint marines with their flat surfaces ditto tau and has a history of started boxes making it easier to pick up for noobs
I would also say forgeworld dropped the ball compared to their 40k stuff
>>
>>44819300
Keeper of Secrets still exist and Slaanesh isn't dead, just missing. Daemons of Slaanesh and Pleasurebound warbands still exist but their losses are not easily replaced; in the case of the Daemons, not at all replaced.

I'm sure they'll write something into this.
>>
>>44829545
Here let me write one up for right now.

Name Part 1 1d6
1) Storm
2) Grim
3) Fighting
4) Vengeful
5) Sun
6) Dusk

Name Part 2 1d6

1) Paladins
2) Warriors
3) Fighters
4) Shields
5) Slayers
6) Lions

Colour 1d6
1) Gold
2) Red
3) Blue
4) Green
5) Black
6) White

Background 1d6

1) They're grim, they're very good at fighting and they hate Chaos
2) They hate Chaos, so they spend all their time fighting them and they're grim.
3) They spend all of their time fighting, which makes them very grim as does Chaos, which they hate.
4)These guys are grim in general, but they are very grim about Chaos, which they hate, so they spend all their time fighting.
5)If these guys were to name their top three things, it would be; Fighting (which they are good at,) being grim and things that aren't Chaos, because they hate Chaos.
6)These guys spend all their time fighting things, especially Chaos, who they hate, which you think would make them happy, but no, they're grim.
>>
>>44829254

just playing WHFB. why would I play an inferior game? If aos even counts as a game
>>
>>44835596
>I don't like AoS
>But I am going to religiously read and post in AoS threads

I bet you buy AoS models ironically as well.
>>
>>44835655

I've actually bought an AoS model unironically, the gaunt summoner

And I browse the aosg like once a week, hardly religious

But don't let all these bother you, just keep projecting
>>
>>44835699

don't bother, sigtard guys are utterly paranoid, they think there are a few guys shitting on their game when in reality the game's reception is over 80% strictly negative on any polls I have seen, so really isn't surprising at all that most people who chime in here also have a negative opinion
>>
>>44835898

but anon, Age of Sigmar guys don't vote on those polls because they are happy hobbying and forging narratives! as shown by the GW financial report... Ohh w8, even the incredibly popular cult mechanicus and betrayal at calth couldn't save GW from the brutal decline in sales that was caused by the fiasco known as Age of Sigmar
>>
>>44835898
>don't bother, sigtard guys are utterly paranoid,
Because pointing out the absurdity of people intentionally going to threads about things they don't like is being paranoid. He outright expressed dislike for the game, so why is he even here.
>>
>>44817839
And uses lots of skaven, too!
>>
>>44835699
>I browse the aosg like once a week, hardly religious

You browes once a week, and post a shit?
>>
File: 1358535659468.png (186 KB, 475x400) Image search: [Google]
1358535659468.png
186 KB, 475x400
>>44835953

to put people like you in their place, who think rules written for kids to use in daycare centers and shoehorning in space marines in the setting was going to do anything but sink GW
>>
>>44835953
They vote on Facebook instead of anon board. Seriously, you do enjoy shitposting on internet?
>>
>>44835562
Grim/10
>>
>>44835562

2grim4me
>>
>>44829254
Just played a game yesterday, we dealt with it by placing units not models. I have 7 units but 30 models, other guy had maybe 10 models but it was still 7 units. If we wanted to we could make a kind of force organization chart, which would limit monsters and warmachines. Oh and wizards could only summon 1 unit per number of spells they can cast and can't summon more until those die. The game was very balanced and all had fun
>>
>>44836493
>The game was very balanced and all had fun

things that never happened for 100
>>
>>44835324
>but their losses are not easily replaced; in the case of the Daemons, not at all replaced.
That's crazy, I never thought too much about Slasnesh's disappearance have such a large affect. So much potential for a good story is hiding in that tidbit alone.
>>44835562
You forgot the table where you can roll which Mortal Realm their human selves and souls grimly originated from.
>>
>>44821559
>where is the proof it was not making a profit?
Personally I think the fact that they scrapped it suggests that it wasn't. Not proof though, of course.
>>
>>44836526
>The game was very balanced
WHFB never balanced since 6th and Ravening Horde.

>>44836568
>So much potential for a good story is hiding in that tidbit alone.

I'm afraid that GW will waste this idea again.
>>
>>44836526
I mean balanced in that there was no Bullshit netlists that require list tailoring to beat. It was just a casual game between 2 dudes, not an all out battle between 2 try hards that was over before it started. Try less hate and just enjoy the game or dont
>>
>>44835562
Gonna go ahead and roll.
Name P1: 4
Vengeful

Name P2: 6
Lions

Color: 2
Red

Background: 1
"They're grim, they're very good at fighting and they hate Chaos"

And to add the Realms like it was previously suggested.
Mortal Realm 1d10
1) Azyr (Heaven)
2) Aqshy (Fire)
3) Shyish (Death)
4) Ghyran (Life)
5) Hysh (Light)
6) Ghur (Beasts)
7) Chamon (Metal)
8) Ulgu (Shadow)
9) Chaos (Chaos)
10) Roll Twice
Realm: 6
Ghur

Hmm, I'm thinking very grim warriors that are renown for slaying the bestial creatures of Ghur. They wear the skins of a particular nasty form of lion over their armor and they are grim because in mortal life they were constantly beset by Ork hordes that slaughtered all their kinsmen. Also they're very vengeful against the Orks, particularly a chaos tainted tribe.
>>
File: Skaven plague monk.png (3 MB, 1536x943) Image search: [Google]
Skaven plague monk.png
3 MB, 1536x943
>>44829254
We decided on doing 105 wounds, only 1 named character per army, no duplicates on heroes and no summoning, game last about 3 hours we had a lot of fun.

It was Pestilens V Nurgle -

Roughly 60 Plague monks making the Plague claw formation + Skrolk, Verminlord, priest, engineer, furnace etc

Versus about 15 Blightknights, some nurgle heroes, a shrine, Gutrot, spawn, Chaos wizard, etc. he formed some Nurgle formation

Mission was capture artifact in the middle of the board

Game was looking grim for Skaven, 20 odd Monks threw themselves in 5 Blightkings and only dragged down one but it evened out when he was forced to leave his protective bubble of various nurgle blessings around his Lord and Alter

Both our shrines clashed in the middle but the Furnace dropped the censer and scored a devastating blow dealing many mortal wounds and proved the Skaven superiority as Monks swarmed around it, each one dying struck out with a deathblow and would drag the odd Blightking down here and there. On the right flank the Verminlord slashed apart a wizard and endured a blightking charge, lasting to the final game turn on 1 wound.

The Skaven's ragged banner held high ensured no ratmen fled this day. With non-existent shooting and having a powerful resistance to each others plague based attacks victory was hard-fought through brutal melee. the Nurgle's shrine was toppled and the children of the Horned Rat were able to drown their equally rotten foe in a sea of slashing blades and gnawing yellow teeth. Was GG after that.
>>
>>44839798
Would any of you explain me please what sort of balancement could there be in just counting wounds?
If a two-wound models has the same number of attack as the sum of two one-wounded models but better rolls to hit, to wound, rend, and armor, how are they balanced?
Not to mention that even if all the other stats were identical, the multi-wound one would still be at an advantage since suffering only one wound would have no effect on its attack output, while if one of two single-wound models takes a wound, half the offensive output is lost.

So, please, explain to me how twenty wounds of goblins equal twenty wounds of sigmarines, or how twenty wounds of sigmarines equal twenty wounds of SUPER ELITE THUNDERsigmarines.
>>
>>44840150
Well, a lot of the weaker, non-elite units in the game start getting bonuses after certain amounts of models that put them on par with the more elite units with the same amount of wounds.

Also, putting half of your agreed wounds into one big unit of elite troops means that half your army can only really do one thing at a time.
>>
>>44840150
>>44840448
Alright, I did a math. You should be able to get some good values for profiles from this, but it's not perfect yet.

I started from a stat block of: Wounds 1, Save 6+, Bravery 5, Movement 6'' and weapon: attacks 1, to hit 4+, to wound 4+, rend /, damage 1.

The idea is that a single model with twice the wounds and twice the damage output as this should cost twice this model.

Consequently, I calculated the chances of hitting and wounding with every attack values and worked up from there.

So, points can be calculated from this formula, where Efficiency is a value (listed below) depending on the values to hit and to wound:

Total cost = Effectiveness * [ [(Attacks*Damage) * (1+ Rend/6)] + (Wounds* (1+ (6-save)/6 ] * [1 + (Bravery + Movement-11)/6 ]

Effectiveness: Depending on the To Hit value and To Wound value, the Effectiveness values are as follow:
6+, 6+ = 1
6+, 5+ = 1
6+, 4+ = 2
6+, 3+ = 2
6+, 2+ = 3
5+, 5+ = 2
5+, 4+ = 3
5+, 3+ =4
5+, 2+ =6
4+, 4+=5
4+,3+=7
4+, 2+=8
3+, 3+=9
3+,2+=11
2+,2+=14

It isn't perfect yet, of course. Among other things, damage and number of attacks have the exact same impact on the cost, while more attacks should be preferred to more damage considering many targets have 1 wounds and most are below 3.
>>
>>44841617
I'm a little baffled at the realization that AOS rules require two rolls for attack - one to hit and one to wound -, but since neither of them interact with any of the target's stats, they're entirely redundant and could have been replaced with a single roll
>>
>>44819626
Source? I'm slowly putting together a timeline together.
>>
>>44842589
Limitations of the D6 system. The extra roll allows you to stretch the possibilities/probabilities a bit further.

It also allows stuff to seem slightly fluffy, like a warrior with a good chance of hitting but a poor chance of wounding feels different to one who's the other way round.
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 640x362) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 640x362
>>
>>44842670
The extract of Legends of the Age of Sigmar: Fyreslayers that can be downloaded from the Black Library website.

The narration says that the ritual that makes a Grimwrath berserker has been done on that temple for ten thousand years.
>>
>>44842767
is that why orcs have some of the best shields in the game?
>>
>>44843225
Orc were T4 in the Old World, so they are sort of tough in Mortal Realm too.

>>44842589
>>44842767
>Limitations of the D6 system

This. Buff and debuff too.
>>
>>44829569
I'd argue they were honest in this one. GW balance was always shit.
>>
>>44844177
See>>44837407.

And GW leave the work to player. /roflmao
>>
So I remember when this was announced/came out there was a lot of backlash. I've never been into GW gaming, has this game been accepted now?
>>
>>44849094

In their defense we would have done the work anyway.
>>
Has anybody got the maths that shows that AoS combat works out exactly the same as WHFB?
>>
>The Stormcasts’ boots beat a perfect rhythm on the gleaming floor of Sigmar’s throne room, a vaulted wonder filled with flawlessly carved sculptures and artisanal iconography celebrating the countless legends of the God-King. All this splendour was nothing compared to the vision of Sigmar himself. He sat upon his throne, watching proudly as his loyal warriors assembled, an avatar of righteousness and strength, radiant armour glittering, eyes burning with resolve.

I like how the texts claim that Sigmar is being of righteousness and nobility when we know that Sigmar betrayed poor Nagash and left him in a ditch. Even now he stabs Nagash in the back by pillaging his realm for souls.
>>
Whatever happened to Chaos Dwarves?
>>
>>44854052
They were destroyed by Grimgor's Waaagh!
>>
>>44854071
I've been reading up on a lot of older Warhammer lore so I literally don't know anything about Age of Sigmar.
>>
>>44850862
I don't think so, let's do some maths.

In AoS a unit of 30+ goblins with spear attack with 3+4+, they deal 1 rend 0 damage for every 3 goblins. To kill a giant(5+ save 12 wounds), you need 54 goblins.

In 8th ed, goblins vs giant mean that 4+6+, deal 1 wound for every 12 goblins. To kill a giant(6), you need 72 goblins! And it is impossible due to rank and file.

Can we say that AoS troops are better?
>>
>>44850401
It's still hated by a large amount of the community.
>>
>>44842767
Not really, it just broadens a little the range of values, but you might get the same with a 2d6 roll and having, for example, a 8+ instead of 4+/4+.

For what concerns the fluff, it rather seems they're trying to convey the idea that the difference between a hard-hitting unit or a precise one has some sort of tactical relevance, when it literally hasn't any. This game not only lacks depth but even tries to pretend it has some more.

And it requires to roll three times a d6 to hit, to wound and to save, which is meaninglessly redunant.

>>44843819
I see your point but buffs and debuffs have exactly the same effect wheter they're on the roll to hit or to wound.THere's literally no depth gained, mechanically, from separating these rolls.

>>44850401
/tg/ is divided between haters and fans and it's hard to say how many are on each side. From what I know, it sells but not very well (it's not a total flop but not successful either)
>>
>>44854085
Grimgor's Waaagh! happened in the WHFB End Times. Once you are done reading the old stuff, read up the End Times and then jump into AoS.
>>
>>44854166
Thanks.

I actually wanted to ask 'cause I downloaded Rage of Dark Gods for Medieval II and remembered recently how much I love Chaos Dwarves and how stupid their entire concept is.
>>
>In such numbers, even the primitive weapons of the skaven clanrats began to take their toll. Stormcasts were dragged down by dozens of the creatures, which stabbed and cut at them in a frenzied orgy of carnage. Daggers found eye sockets, the gaps between gorgets, and vulnerable spots where the barrage of bullets had weakened even the mighty sigmarite battle-plate. It was honourless murder, of the sort at which the ratmen excelled. Eldroc rushed to one fallen Stormcast, stuck with half a dozen blades and weakly pawing at a band of wretches who cackled as they clambered over him, dissecting him with wicked glee.

Jesus christ how horrifying.
>>
>>44854101
>Can we say that AoS troops are better?
Nope, because victory traits.
>>
>They had talked together once, sharing dreams of a new era of hope and glory for the scions of Sigmar, both knowing that they would never get to experience that peace for themselves. They had accepted that truth gladly, but it was one thing to welcome an inevitable, honourable death, and another to die eternally, each fresh Reforging bringing a symphony of agonies, further draining and weakening the soul.

>And what else did the Stormcasts risk, every time they went to war for the God-King? The truth only Sigmar knew. Each warrior came back altered in his own way. There was a Liberator in the Bladestorm who returned unable to remember any of his former friends, but able, with perfect clarity, to recall hundreds of ancient sonnets in some archaic language that could barely be deciphered. Others remembered only fragments of their former lives, as though they were seeing them through the eyes of another person.

>Eldroc himself had felt the agony of Reforging. Yet somehow he had emerged without the traumas that his friends and brothers had suffered. His memories had faded, yes, like a rich tapestry left in the blazing sun, but deep down he knew himself; he remembered the man he had been and what he fought for.

>There was guilt, too, when he looked upon the haunted visage of his Lord-Celestant, the broken shell that Thostos had become. Why had he not suffered as brutally as his friend? This terrified him more than any malady or sickness of the mind. A gnawing thought echoed inside Eldroc’s head: he had not yet discovered just what he had sacrificed – when he did, would it make what Thostos had gone through seem minor?

>Absolute loyalty and devotion to his God-King ran through Eldroc like a rich vein through unyielding stone, but still he could not set aside his misgivings. Nor could he sleep at night.

Sigmar has not shared with the Stormcast the truth about the Reforging. The cost that comes with it.
>>
>>44854602
The Stormcast have recently felt the sting of the Reforging as the battles across the realms are getting more intense. They are starting to have doubts....

IT BEGINS!
>>
>>44854127
The problem with 2D6 is you have to roll them one by one if you have more than one model attacking at once (unless you have multicoloured dice, and even then you're limited to how many colours you have). As GW seems averse to making games utilising dice with more than the familiar six sides, rolling dice multiple times is probably the best option.
>>
>>44854641
I hadn't thought of that, you're right.
>>
>>44854387
>victory traits
What?

>>44854617
>IT BEGINS!
Thostos Heresy begin!
>>
>>44855092
He may have meant command abilities, as well as other buffs like from BSBs.

Also, not sure this setting needs a stormcast heresy to set up the main antagonists. Given how tough warriors of chaos are already, and especially stuff like the varanguard, it's not like we're lacking for hard as nails chaos soldiers.
>>
File: CY4cMuTWYAAR5vJ.jpg (28 KB, 543x960) Image search: [Google]
CY4cMuTWYAAR5vJ.jpg
28 KB, 543x960
I wish I was good enough to pull off a paint scheme like this.

I also wonder how much better received the fyreslayers might have been if this was one of the paintschemes GW used, especially if it was instead of the ones with vomit in their beards.
>>
>>44855515
Yeah, surely would have been received better than fat babies with mirrored beards
>>
>>44855515
I hate to break it for you anon but, that sculpt still sucks.
>>
>Next releases:

>Bloodthirster, Bloodcrushers (now per 6), Bloodletters & Bloodthrone are back in new packaging.

>Battlesmith (1 model) 23€ - £18 - $30 - AU$ 1.000.000 and a liver

>Grimwrath Berserker (1 model) 23€ - £18 - $30 - AU$ 1.000.000 and a kidney

>Chaos Alliance book or whatever it'll be called in English (304 pages, yup, no typo here, softcover) 26€ £20 $33
>Ah, it's the old softcover Codex pricing! 158 Warscrolls for the 21 following factions:
>Everchosen
>Slaves to Darkness
>Khorne Bloodbound
>Daemons of Khorne
>Tzeentch Arcanists
>Daemons of Tzeentch
>Nurgle Rotbringer
>Daemons of Nurgle
>Hosts of Slaanesh
>Daemons of Chaos
>Brayherds
>Warherds
>Monsters of Chaos
>Chaos Gargants
>Thunderscorn
>Master Clan
>Clan Verminus
>Skryre
>Moulder
>Pestilens
>Eshin

From Archibald_TK on Warseer, who's been bang on so far.
>>
>>44856044
It's pretty close to being good, but they don't have nearly enough of a dynamic pose to be waving two giant axes around.

It looks like some Garry's Mod-esque shit where the axes get dragged around while everything else stands still.
>>
>>44855515
Its sucks even more now
>>
>>44856044

True. But a good paintjob can make a bad sculpt look better. Just like a good sculpt can make a bad paintjob look better.
>>
>>44856082
>Brayherds
>Warherds

what's this then
>>
>>44856127
Brayherds are gors and ungors and the like, warherds are minotaurs and the other big stuff from the beastmen range.

The guy leaking has also said that the Thunderscorn are dragon ogres, incidentally.
>>
File: 99070205001_DragonSlayerNEW01.jpg (28 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
99070205001_DragonSlayerNEW01.jpg
28 KB, 600x620
>>44856096
Dynamic entry!

>>44855166
Beat stubborn ld 10? Giant have a chance of auto win too.
>>
File: FS w3 1.jpg (141 KB, 774x1006) Image search: [Google]
FS w3 1.jpg
141 KB, 774x1006
1/4
>>
File: FS w3 2.jpg (175 KB, 758x998) Image search: [Google]
FS w3 2.jpg
175 KB, 758x998
2/4
>>
File: FS w3 3.jpg (114 KB, 727x963) Image search: [Google]
FS w3 3.jpg
114 KB, 727x963
3/4

Might be useful in scenarios to capture something. If he's killed while standing on the objective he puts a buff down.
>>
File: FS w3 4.jpg (121 KB, 730x990) Image search: [Google]
FS w3 4.jpg
121 KB, 730x990
4/4
>>
>>44856082
>26 euros
>304 pages
I'm assuming it won't include fluff, just the warscrolls
>>
>>44857397
>GRIMWRATH BERZERKER
fuck really?
>>
>>44857673
Dunno, it's 158 warscrolls over the 304 pages. Although there's some warscrolls that get double-page spreads, I wouldn't have thought enough (i.e. all but 12) justify it to fill out the book. Maybe they'll just fill it with those art pieces showing different armies' colour schemes they seem so fond of nowadays.
>>
>>44841617
There's plenty of people that have provided similar systems already. Check out the one page rule guys, they have a calculator up on their forum.
>>
>>44857397
See, this is what I expected from the whole berserker slayer thing. Balls-out melee power and not dying even when killed. The whole army has some rather dubious stats and gear, but this guy can bring the pain by the truckload.
It's a shame you can't put him on a Magmadroth.
The only other standouts are the mounted Runeson with javelins and the Hearthguard Berserkers.
>>
>>44828293
Build it how you want it to look, and the play it however.
Just declare at the start of the game what variation you are fielding.

I'm picking up that same kit you got in a month when I finish moving across country.
>>
>>44854127
>THere's literally no depth gained, mechanically, from separating these rolls.

Nope. Buff to wound are better on units that hit well and wound worse, and buff to hit are better on units that hit bad and wound well.

Also abilities that trigger on certain rolls. +1 to hit is great on Retributors as they do mortal wounds on a 5. +1 to wound is nothing special.
>>
>>44843060
So
>Age of Myth (Grimnir blowing up at least): 10,000 years ago
>Chaos finds mortal realms (Age of Chaos): 300 years ago
>Sigmar shuts gates to Azyr: 100 years ago
>>
>>44859049
>>Chaos finds mortal realms (Age of Chaos): 300 years ago

Questionable, Bule from the Call of Archaon series claimed his garden and realmgate for 2401 years, before seraphon reopened the realmgate.
>>
>>44859049
That makes the Age of Chaos seem really tiny in comparison. We know that Sigmar closed Azyr's gate halfway through the Age of Chaos, which means that age lasted 200 years.

Lexicanum could use people like you.

Also it seems like gamesworkshop removed the fations bar from the AoS product list and replace it with 4 Grand Alliance bars.
>>
>>44857773
Even then that's still around 130 pages left, army paint schemes seem to only take up a couple of pages. I assume each faction will get a couple of paragraphs of fluff, just introducing themselves. Like how the 40k rule book has a page dedicated to explain each faction.
>>
Vengeance Eternal can be downloaded for free at the black library website.

http://www.blacklibrary.com/aos/whaos-feat/vengeance-eternal-ebook.html
>>
>>44859097
Interesting, I got the 300 years from the Ghal Maraz book, where it mentions that Nurgle had been trying to take over the Realm of Life for three centuries. I haven't read the call of archaon series yet though. It could be that the realms were invaded at different times.
>>44859142
Where did it mention that Sigmar closed the mortal realms halfway through the Age of Chaos?
>>
>>44859383
Correction, Nurgle had been trying to get the mortal realms for 500 years. That puts Sigmar closing his gates 250 years ago. I also wonder if the Age of chaos is defined as when Chaos had invaded every realm. This could explain how that realmgate had been closed for 2401 years.
>>
>>44859450
Fuck, I mean Nurgle had been trying to get the Realm of Life for 500 years.
>>
>>44859383
http://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Age_of_Chaos

It's in the The Great Epochs section of Warhammer: Age of Sigmar, specifically The Heavens Close bubble.

>Midway through the Age of Chaos the forces of light suffered a series off disastrous defeat- and in one of them, sigmar lost ghal maraz. furious he reptreated to the celestial realm and ordererd the gates of azyr sealed. He retired to his celestial palace-city an was not see again for centuries.

Which kinda contradicts the Sigmar shuts the gates to azyr 100 years ago.
>>
>>44859450

Age of Chaos started when Sigmar's Great Alliance fell.

Same page, Brief Utopia bubble.
>>
>>44859534
>Game is not even a year old
>It already contradicts itself
GW,masters of writing
>>
>>44859534
i think I was wrong. I got the 100 years from one of the advent stories. But looking back I think the story takes place before the storm cast show up. So we have this now.
>Age of myth is the same
>Chaos finds the mortal realms, earliest date is 2401 years ago
>I'm going to go with the idea that the Age of Chaos starts when chaos invaded all the mortal realms, earliest date is 500 years ago
> Sigmar shuts gates to Azyr, earliest possible date is 250 years ago.
>Sigmar unleashes Stormcast, the latest stories seem to take place a year after this
None of this is concret, I expect the dates to change depending on new information says.
>>
>>44859660
>>44859560
Interesting, so we'll need to wait to see when Sigmar's alliance broke up, and cut that in half to see when Sigmar closed the gates. So basically scrap that entire timeline i did. Except for the age of myth and the last bit.
>>
>>44859747
Actually, you may be right about the Age of Chaos starting with Chaos taking over every realm. It's possible the alliance broke when all the realms had been attacked. This is supported by this page:
>This age lasted hundreds of years with the forces of the Dark Gods overrunning the Mortal Realms with the exception of the Realm of Azyr.
So your timeline is still viable.
>>
What's interesting is that Archaon wasn't interested in the Mortal Realms until the Chaos Gods bargained with him to invade it.

They promised him that whatever he conquered would belong to him.
>>
>>44859660
>The age of myth could have started more than 10,000 years ago
>The age of chaos could have started earlier than 500 years ago, but could not have happened longer than 500 years ago
>>
>>44859911
Well, he'd blown up a whole bunch of other worlds and universes before, his ambitions had grown bigger than just Sigmar and the Warhammer world.
>>
>>44815356
>Read report
>Blame lack of sales on store managers 'with egos and private agendas'

Holy shit, is GW literally run by clueless idiots?
>>
>>44861006
I don't remember reading that...
>>
>>44861089
>Store manager recruitment. This comprises both recruitment of managers for new stores as well as replacing poor performing managers. Retail is our primary method of recruiting new customers and so we need great managers in all our stores
>The greatest risk is the same one that we repeat each year, namely, management. So long as we have great people we will be fine. Problems will arise if the board allows egos and private agendas to rule. I will do my utmost to ensure that this does not happen.
>>
>>44861587
>egos and private agendas to rule

Speak for yourself son
>>
>>44861663

Almost like all the pricks shitposting on these boards cause they're butthurt about AoS or literally have nothing better to do.
>>
File: image.jpg (442 KB, 1458x1065) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
442 KB, 1458x1065
Just got the starter set for these fucks and picked up a set of the Wrathmongers. I love the look of them but are they really as bad as people say, or are Slullreapers just so op that it's not even a choice?
>>
>So there is definitely fluff in the book. I which quantity I can't tell but apparently each faction will get at least one or two pages of fluff. In addition the book goes deeper when it comes to some of them. For example Slaanesh Hosts have 24 pages for themselves. The surviving followers of Slaanesh are now separated between Pretenders, Seekers and Invaders. Each have their own specific way of either venerating or aiming to replace Slaanesh.

>If you wonder if Slaanesh followers are now more PG13, here is an excerpt from a page called "Unbound Revel", at least what I can read without a microscope:
"Counted among the most powerful of the Invaders, the Keeper of Secrets Xia'slae'shesos is dedicated utterly to the expression of his most twisted urges upon mortal flesh. He has surrounded himself with an army of degenerate pleasure seekers, whom he leads in monstrous rampages across the realms"

>Still from what I get, you shall not expect vast and deep fluff or side stories.

After all the silence, 24 pages of Slaanesh fluff. Looking forward to that.
>>
>>44864086
And a little bit more.

>From what I see, background pages have color artwork, Warscrolls have the pictures of the models.

>There are 15 Warscrolls Battalions in the book on top of the 158 regular Warscrolls. The only one I've seen in the WD are:
> - Clan Skryre (too big to describe, it's a whole army with lot of special rules)
> - Blood Host of Khorne (1 Bloodthirster + 7 or more units of Khorne Daemons in any combinations, in the hero phase pick D3 units that are within 3" of enemy models, they can pile in and attack with one weapon. Pick D6 units instead if there are 16 or more units in the Battalion)

>Blood Host is accompanied by fluff regarding the way armies of Khorne are structured (for all of their savagery they actually have a very rigid structure). Right below Khorne are the Bloodthirsters of the Anger Incandescent Host. Each command 8 BT from the tiers below, each of them in turn commanding 8 BT from the tiers below and so on. I don't know if this is already fluff we know from old Army Books/Codexes but just in case here are the 8 hosts in order:

>1- Anger Incandescent
>2- Seething Fury
>3- Wrath of Khorne
>4- Apoplectic Ire
>5- Infernal Outrage
>6- Insensate Rage
>7- Executionner of Khorne
>8- Unfettered Fury

Now, I like AOS. I don't generally mind the names that lots of people have been giving the game/GW shit for. But I literally cannot keep a straight face while saying "Bloodthirster of Apoplectic Ire". I'm fucking laughing as I type this. What the fuck.
>>
>>44862595
Skullreapers are stupidly better, it's not even funny. Wrathmongers do as much harm as they do good, need careful positioning and have a mediocre damage output; they can work, but need a lot of effort to get there and do so in a rather roundabout way. or you can just use Skullreapers and stave the enemy's head right in, no questions asked.
I'd recommend assembling them with the Wrathmongers' helmets though, the unarmored heads are shit-awful.
>>
>>44864086
I always felt like GW didn't know what to do Slaanesh at the start, thats why it didn't get much referencing
So it does make me happy when I see more Slaanesh appearances, it gives me hope of a Aelves vs Slaaneshi storyline
>>
>>44864152

Most people chuckle nervously around big words they've never seen or heard before. As your vocabulary increases words will be less intimidating. Just give it time.
>>
File: #FreeSlaanesh.jpg (137 KB, 468x661) Image search: [Google]
#FreeSlaanesh.jpg
137 KB, 468x661
>>44864236
Would be nice. I expect only new Aelf models though.
>>
>>44864343

The way GW uses words is a crime.
>>
>>44857397
Why is this guy literally the only model of the entire Fyreslayers release with a good ruleset?
I mean, the magmadroth isn't bad, but none of the riders are all that great, and both heroes and troops on foot are all scrub-tier.
>>
>>44864196
wait. wasn't the whole point of AoS that you can field anything you want without it being ass?
>>
>>44864955
Sure, you can field either no problem. But when you compare the warscroll for Skullreapers and Wrathmongers directly, the former are way better. Not all warscrolls are created equal, sadly enough, especially not within a single kit. In that vein, compare the Lord Azyros and the Lord Venator of the stormcast.
I have ten Wrathmongers, because they were beastly during Endtimes. I occasionally use them, but against all logic they bafely ever actually see combat and instead hang around behind a pair of Bloodreaver deathblobs, taking great care to remain just outside of buffing range for the enemy.
>>
File: bastiladon art.jpg (491 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
bastiladon art.jpg
491 KB, 2048x1536
>>44862595
my wife plays them and Chaos Demons.
works great with a slaughterpriest.
>>
>forget about the end times
>check the news
>see the sigmarines

god, I wish I was here when they revealed them.
>>
>>44865343
I like the wrathmongers.
The roll modifier that comes off of a charge is super useful.
Plus the ability when a wrathmonger dies lets you control and attack with the other guys model!
How do you not love these guys?
I really curious of your thoughts cause I was considering picking up a box of these down the road.
>>
>>44864463
I'm pretty sure that latest Witch Elves, Cauldron, Hydra, Phoenixes and deer riders will stay.
>>
>>44866067
the rage was incredible and the game has never recovered from it
>>
>For a count of years numbering seven times seven times seven times seven, Copsys Bule had tended his garden

Um... I think Age of Chaos started when Sigmar sealed the "last" realmgate, somewhere mentioned refugees flood into Azyr before the final shut down.
>>
>>44866906
The Warhammer: Age of Sigmar book clearly states that the Age of Chaos starts with the faltering of Sigmar's Great Alliance and that Closing of Azyr happens midway through the Age of Chaos.
>>
>>44866067
You didn't want to see it.
>>
>>44867194
Yeah at this point it's a question of when precisely the Age of Chaos started. We can find this if it's either stated outright or if we're given a date when the last realm got conquered. So far we've got 500 years ago for Age of Chaos and 250 years for when Sigmar shut the gates.
>>
>>44866545
The trouble with Wrathmongers is that they don't know what they want to be.
- Anti elite? Sure, Bloodfrenzy is good against small elite squads, but Crimson Haze is awful here.
- Anti horde? Well, not with Crimson Haze, even though their Wrathflails are very solid in that respect. It'd also be a waste of Bloodfrenzy.
- Hero hunters? Bloodfrenzy kinda works for that, but Crimson Haze will bite them in the ass more often than not.
- Combined arms? Crimson Haze is awesome at that, but that relegates them to pure buffers and fails to make much of Bloodfrenzy or their Wrathflails.

Overall the Wrathmongers have really beefy rules, but those rules would be better off split between two units.
The fact that their save is shittier than the Skullreapers' doesn't really help them, especially considering the big fat arrow magnet they have glued to their forehead.
>>
>>44867194
>Age of Chaos starts with the faltering of Sigmar's Great Alliance

...when Nagash (being)betrayed (by)Sigmar, and realmgates shutdown after The Battle of Burning Skies. Can it take millennium?
>>
>>44872516
No, nagasigmar betrayal happens around the time sigmar closes azyr.

The alliance falters much early when the aelf gods turn into idiots and after gorkamorka throws a tantrum.
>>
>>44872516
>>44872692
Nagash allows Archaon to take his gate. This causes the Allpoint battle to be lost for the Order side.

Sigmar rages and chases Nagash in the War of Heaven and the Underworld. Sigmar cannot find Nagash to exact his revenge.

HOWEVER, Nagash was seen fighting at the side of Sigmar in the battle of Burning Skies aka Last Battle of Sigmar.

It makes a lot of sense.
>>
>>44857397
>GRIMWRATH BERZERKER

ffs
>>
File: Archaon.png (565 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
Archaon.png
565 KB, 1136x640
>Archaon's throne in Varanspire is called the Empty Throne
>He never sat on it once because he is always out there crusading across the multiverse
>Daemons and mortals alike worship and revere his Empty Throne. They heap tributes and sacrifices infront of the throne and fall on their knees in supplication and worship

This has to be among the most epic lore I read in a while. Archaon's shadow is so overreaching and domineering that mere glimpses of his power enthralls the hordes of Chaos.
>>
>>44873083
In related news, Archaon's chair now has better lore than the guy himself.
>>
>>44829254
we play 9th age. It's better than any edition GW has made so far.
>>
>>44874122

I use 6th Ed Army Books and 9th Ed rules.
>>
>>44874075
I dunno.

I find Archaon lore in general to be pretty awesome in AoS.

The Chaos Gods suffering the dilemma of both wanting him dead and wanting him to be their champion is very interesting. No character in all the warhammer setting has mastered Chaos as much as Archaon did.
>>
>>44874122
You play a bland, uninspired, knockoff of a ruleset that should have been thrown out the window alongside the cancerous playerbase it developed years ago.
>>
>>44829254
The lack of points is really the only major gripe I have with the system. It really *is* fucking stupid.
That said, we use a warscroll-counting system locally.
A average game uses 18 warscrolls, with the following caveats:
- no more than three duplicates of any warscroll; no more than two duplicates of Heroes, Warmachines or Monsters; this may be ignored, but doubles the cost of the unit
- increasing a unit's size costs a warscroll for each minimum unit size added (up to 4 warscrolls), but does not count against the limit mentioned above
- Hero tags costs +1 warscroll, as does Monster, Wizard, Priest and Warmachine. These stack.
- units with 11+ starting wounds (added up or individually) cost +1 warscroll
- every other Cavalry unit costs +1 warscroll
- no more than 3 heroes, 3 monsters and 3 warmachines
It's hardly ideal, but at least it's something.
>>
>>44866048
God, that art is bad
>>
>>44874309
I guess. I'd just wish we'd be shown him being amazing instead of merely being told that he was. He has so much potential to be an actually compelling, interesting and most of all powerful villain, but they don't really do much with him aside from Dr Doom-ing around.

It doesn't help that his new model is shit-awful when compared to the old one.
>>
>>44874312
What's your gripe with 9th Age?
>>
>>44874384
>>44874384
If you want to see Archaon in action in AoS, then pick up the Everchosen Battletome or read the last Call of Archaon story.

He kicks a heck a lot of asses and then battles Nagash.

>>44874397
Not him but I can tell you.

It's a bland, uninspired, knockoff of a ruleset that should have been thrown out the window alongside the cancerous playerbase it developed years ago.
>>
>>44874312
No, no, he said he doesn't play AOS
>>
>>44874441
>It's a bland, uninspired, knockoff of a ruleset that should have been thrown out the window alongside the cancerous playerbase it developed years ago.

So he said, but what's the issue?

What's the problem with taking a pre-existing ruleset that people like and then working on that?

Can't say much for the problem with the playerbase, I've not had much of an issue with it - but I only play with friends.
>>
>>44854179
Dont read AoS
It will only dissapoint you
>>
File: gw-99120201028_9.jpg (97 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
gw-99120201028_9.jpg
97 KB, 600x620
>>44862595
> I love the look of them
I SHARE BOARD WITH PEOPLE LIKE THIS
>>
>>44874627

the wrathmonger helmets are sex (not that bloodletter one though it's kinda lame)
>>
>>44872712

Battle of Allpoint, Chaos vs Mortal Realm Pantheon, Chaos won due to Gorkamorka lost control, Waaaggh!!! everyone; Tyrion and Malerion were missing to capture Slaanesh; NagashSigmar affair.

War in Heaven and Underworld SigmarNagash affair, nothing but attrition, since Sigmar really bad about hide and seek.

Battle of Burning Skies(happened in Aqushy, Sigmar lost his hammer and retreat from Mortal Realms, shutdown all realmgates.

Battle of Dark(Shadow?) Skies, Archaon killed Nagash.
>>
File: grand-alliance-chaos-factions.jpg (85 KB, 264x805) Image search: [Google]
grand-alliance-chaos-factions.jpg
85 KB, 264x805
Interesting that Slaanesh only gets the one faction, whereas the others are divided between daemons and mortals.
>>
>>44875854
Gorkamorka's Great Waaagh! and the kidnapping of Slaanesh happened during the Age of Myth.
>>
They did not even draw any cover for the new Chaos compendium, laz-z-zy asses :(
>>
>>44866048
>>44874380
Fucking agreed... jesus. What happened to GW, they are getting worse and worse on every level.
>>
>>44866048
Is that new card for Heartstone?
>>
>>44875917
Oops, they did absence form the Battle of Allpoint anyway.

>>44876324
Rumor say that compendium come with new battalion and lore.

Next week Hints are: Slaves to Darkness, and the balance of power shift once more.

GW give army structure for AoS now? Seem not, but I'm clueless.
>>
>>44808204
What's the best comp system?

I've heard about Clash-Comp the most, but are there other lesser-known ones that are better?
>>
File: Sigmar's last battle.png (2 MB, 5040x504) Image search: [Google]
Sigmar's last battle.png
2 MB, 5040x504
>>44875854
>Chaos won due to Gorkamorka lost control, Waaaggh!!! everyone;

No, Chaos won because Nagash allowed them to control his gate.

Someone should collect all the lore pieces from the WDs, BTs, and major rulebooks and put them in one page already.

>Battle of Burning Skies(happened in Aqushy, Sigmar lost his hammer and retreat from Mortal Realms, shutdown all realmgates.

All gods were present in the Battle of Burning Skies.

Did Sigmar and Nagash forget their mutual betrayal before the battle?
>>
Sorry to bother you elegan/tg/entlemen with such a mundane request, but can anyone of you share a copy of WD Weekly #103, please?
>>
>>44875894
Because Slaanesh warbands tend to be one giant mixed orgy.
>>
>>44874627
HAHA YOU WANT TO PLAY A GAME WITH ME, MORTAL? hOW DO YOU PLAN ON GETTING ME TO AND FROM THIS GAME? YOU KNOW THE SECOND YOU TURN YOUR BACK ON ME IN YOUR PRECIOUS MODEL CASE, BOTH OF MY HAMMER CHAINS WILL SEEK FREEDOM FROM MY FINELY CHISELED PLASTIC BODY! TO YOUR OPPONENT SHALL YOU LOOK A FOOOOOOOOL
>>
As killed fantasy in my area, and now these long, drawn out releases of butt ugly models are pushing away 40k players as well

Aos is literally killing two games with one stone
>>
>>44878429
I never get this. Do people really need new shiny things regularly or they're not interested? Is there literally nothing in the massive back catalogue of 40k that they might want to add to their armies and paint and try out on the battlefield? It's been what, two months since the last 40k release (ignoring the new starter boxes) and people are bored enough to stop painting and playing.

I'm not saying you're making this up, to be clear, I've seen people do it myself. I just don't understand how people can be this magpie-like for new shinies.
>>
>>44879153
Not having shiny new models weekly isn't the reason 40k is suffering AOS's backlash.

It's more like the "Why the fuck should I spend hundreds on an army for the second game of a company that killed its first one out of the blue?"
>>
>>44877486
>
Someone should collect all the lore pieces from the WDs, BTs, and major rulebooks and put them in one page already.

That's why the Lexicanum exists, there's just barely any enough people putting Age of Sigmar stuff on it.
>>
>>44879153

nah, people now just think twice before spending money/investing in GW models

AoS hurt way more than just the fantasy crowd
>>
>>44879268
>out of the blue
>Entire series called End Times
Thread replies: 228
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.