[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would playing as a KND operatives in Shadowrun be good fun if
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 13
File: q84zV.png (51 KB, 589x331) Image search: [Google]
q84zV.png
51 KB, 589x331
Would playing as a KND operatives in Shadowrun be good fun if you can stat it right?
>>
>>44801725
>context
>depends on setting
>what edition
>>
>>44801800
>Depends on setting.
Op literally says Shadowrun ya git.
>>
>>44801725
Playing as KND operatives would be fun in any system, provided your group agrees not to sperg out over silly themes and 2x4 technology.
>>
>>44801800
>>44801879
The setting is KND you absolute maroons.
>>
Sounds like it might be a chore, but a chore that would be so absolutely worth it!
>>
>>44801725

Shadowrun has a terrible system, and the settings have nothing in common.
>>
File: 1443818053265.png (682 KB, 1226x813) Image search: [Google]
1443818053265.png
682 KB, 1226x813
Just homebrew it
Make your own rules-lite system and reduce number-crunch to as low as possible
Trying to get coherent and realistic stats in a setting like that is like figuring out a biological damage system for CatDog, like holy shit just why would you?
>>
>>44801725
i'd say yes, a bit too whacky by shadowruns standard but might be fun.
>>
>>44801725
gotta say that shadowrun is too simulationist for this setting. A FATE CORE variation might do the job?
>>
>>44801725
/tg/ already made a homebrew for KND. It's called KidPunk.
>>
>>44809226
You can certainly tone down the wackyness to have it make more sense for the setting, for example the KND just could be a human SURGE that caused them to not age.
>>
>>44809174
Nobody said anything about REALISTIC stats, just good stats for the system.
For example, KND operatives are weak to intimidation and may fail to recognize certain objects.
>A runner caught the kid he brought to distract the guards licking his deodorant.
>He thinks it's a unmeltable icecream.
>>
>>44812274
might be, still the 2x4 technology thing. I mean while a bunch of people are blasting shotguns and rocket lunchers would they still be shooting booger guns and snot rockets?
>>
>>44812454
I can't remember to much from the show, but I do know that KND usually try to knock out their targets rather than flat out killing them.
This is for rather obvious reasons, so while maybe not booger/snot rockets, splankers with maybe a metal plank would still be around because they don't need a kid getting stressed out over killing somebody.
>>
>>44812483
i dont think they ever killed someone. It could be interesting if we toned it down and made a sensible backstory. Im willing to be that it could work in the f-state as a sort of anty-corporation special force
>>
>>44812511
>It could be interesting if we toned it down and made a sensible backstory.
A dragon somehow got SURGed so hard he stayed a kid in his human form no matter how hard he tried. Done.
>Im willing to be that it could work in the f-state as a sort of anty-corporation special force
Makes sense, though I imagine they would focus on corps actively dicking over children.
IE, they won't care if your dad is just withholding some chocolate, but if he's outright abusive via chasing up and down the street riding a lawn mower, then it's mini SWAT team time!
>>
>>44812577
ya, that would make self. If we add a modifeyed anarchist ideology to it, we could spin this. Anarcho-childism? Im guessing they would have a lot of decekers (high levels of technology) and little magick users. The "numbers" could be their way of mis-understeanding" codenames that shadowrunners used and why they were used. Instead of tree houses we could have complex sewer/underground bases and their tech could be based on the shit they scavenge from the corporations, but because they do not have accses to a lot of materials it's very "orky" in nature as they have to make do with what they find in the trash/steal
>>
>>44804328
Let's make a Moon base. OUT OF WOOD.
>>
anyone want to make this real? Are we gone get shit done or are the fa/tg/uys not up to it today
>>
File: Numbuh_3.jpg (12 KB, 258x252) Image search: [Google]
Numbuh_3.jpg
12 KB, 258x252
>>44812577
>Child dragon.
Is he/she adorable?
>>
>>44812662
>ya, that would make self. If we add a modifeyed anarchist ideology to it, we could spin this. Anarcho-childism?
Sure, we can easily say that they also want to make more "children" like them so they can have a world dominated by the young with no law.
>they do not have accses to a lot of materials it's very "orky" in nature as they have to make do with what they find in the trash/steal
Then how would they have such high levels of tech? I guess we can say that dragon they have taught them how to reverse engineer like crazy.
>Im guessing they would have a lot of decekers (high levels of technology) and little magick users.
That sounds nice honestly, but what about all that backflip stuff numbuh 5 tends to do in the intro? Maybe it's some kind of combat mage?
>>
>>44812803
>Sure, we can easily say that they also want to make more "children" like them so they can have a world dominated by the young with no law.
I'd add that adults made the world into the shithole it is today so they are to be opposed. It would be probobly very crude, but super optymistic

>Then how would they have such high levels of tech? I guess we can say that dragon they have taught them how to reverse engineer like crazy.
High level of techs come from the info they steal from the corporations and like you said reverse engineering, this is the reason they have so many deckers, because they need people who tinker with shit
>That sounds nice honestly, but what about all that backflip stuff numbuh 5 tends to do in the intro? Maybe it's some kind of combat mage?
maybe their own brand of reality bending magick? They can do many more things simpley because they do not understand how the world works, impose their own view upon the world and the after effects of the surge allowed em to do certine things that other could not. Children always make up reasons why something can work and have to try something for themselfs to belive it works/dose not
>>
>>44812885
Makes allot of sense, certainly explains how most of their 2x4 tech works.
What about the Delightful Spooks from Down the Nope Fuck This.
>>
>>44813054
A group of young geniouses who resent their condition and use corporations as a way to heal their condition? Children of highly positioned corp workers? Probobly also of capitalist ideology who think there needs to be order in the world
>>
>>44813084
Remember the numbuh Zero Episode with the elder zombies? The Delightfuls are actually delightfulized KND operatives, not just well disciplined children.
>>
>>44813100
your dubs speak the truth. Hmmm, dragon magick? They could be failed experiment of some scientist who wanted to harvest to "always young" effect, it went side ways and we got the hivemind
>>
>>44813155
Possibly a combo of both, dragon wanted to stay young forever due to jealously against the one that did, it fucked up horribly and he got the Delightful Children.
Thus, he became "Father".
>>
>>44813185
that would make sense. Like all dragons he is the head of a hyper-corporation. He wants to take over the f-state so he sent there the delightful children to do his dirty work.
>>
>>44813225
Good work so far, what about decommissioning? Does it somehow take away the whole SURGE stuff?
>>
>>44813381
Probably not, since it's just a very specific mind-wipe. Everything about the KND is gone, presumably replaced with artificial "normal childhood" memories.
>>
>>44813381
mindewipe and weekening it? SURGE are magick based right? So maybe some kind of rune/spell that destibelizes the effect making it so said person would start slowly aging. They still would live longer than the avrege human but death from old age would become a possibility
>>
bump because i dont want this to die
>>
>>44813461
>>44813435
Makes allot of sense, though I imagine since that the KND in this setting would not age, you only get decommissioned if you fuck up bad.
I also think that they would have a easier time getting away with things, but would have trouble getting hired by corps.
They may be anti corp, but only anti corp against corps that harm children. Pro children corps would be acceptable, or maybe even supported by the KND.
>>
>>44813818
i doubt they would support any corp, remember this is shadowrun f-state, but i can see that they would take jobs from child-freindly corps, the same way that shadowruners who are anarchistic in nature take jobs from other corporations to make ends meet. Also most likley a child-freindly corp would not be a target for a tech scavenge operation
>>
>>44813876
I guess, though I still think they wouldn't do well with other runners anyway, because their bloody children and most runners wouldn't feel good about bringing a kid to a fire fight.
They also wouldn't take assassination based missions either, unless of course somebody was really fucking things up for children.
I.E. child slavery stuff, child organ harvest, fucked up shit like that.
>>
>>44814096
like someone stated above, KND never killed, so they probobly would reject working with shadowrunners most of the time because they have a tendency to shoot every one up and than blow up the building. Im willing to bet that they would be on a "dont fuck with us and we wont fuck with you" level. Working togheter only if there is no other way to do something
>>
>>44814214
Well maybe, though I know for certain they wouldn't be taken very seriously by any self respecting runner to begin with.
But how much is known about them to the public? Do people know that their "innocent" children might be fighting corps on a highly dangerous level?
>>
>>44814267
Depending on how we look at it, they may be like 80 years old, so a lot of em probobly dont have parants anymore. I saw it more like a little lamplight thing. They are kept a secret for their own safty
>>
>>44814309
What about the samurai teenagers though? They may not have parents, but in constant episodes they are giving children horrible "pox", trying to dump them into a whirl pool to "nowhere", and other dangerously stupid shit.
I know we can explain them through a second surge that caused people to stop aging past at least 17 and they have more sophisticated reverse engineering technology because they understand the world better, but why would they hate the KND so much?
>>
File: Teenage_Ninjas.jpg (25 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Teenage_Ninjas.jpg
25 KB, 640x480
>>44814464
Wait no, not teen sams is Teenage Ninjas.
>>
>>44814464
hmm, how about we make the samurai teens people who were decommissioned but something went wrong. They still age but there was no mindwipe. Because they want their imortality back they team up with father, hence more advanced tech
>>
>>44814508
>>44814464
Their stuck in puberty, KND did something real bad in the past, their also lead by a dragon that hates the KND dragon, pick your poison.
>>44812803
>Sure, we can easily say that they also want to make more "children" like them so they can have a world dominated by the young with no law.
To what extent would they be doing that? Herding people like cattle and younging them or are they using a more sneaky approach?
>>
>>44814900
I'd call for a more sneaky way, after all KND dose not want to be found out and they are at least partly aware of why they are still children. Most likley they would try to copy their surge effect onto others
>>
>>44814510
>how about we make the samurai teens people who were decommissioned but something went wrong.
Isn't that exactly what KND splinter cell was all about?
>>44814942
Kidnapping is still very possible tho, especially if they REALLY want to screw somebody over.
Imagine being the boss of some child harvesting program, then some crazy ass kids turns you into a kid and leaves you out on the streets. Good way of punishment without outright killing.
>>
>>44814990
im willing to bet that people like child harvesters would be offed, but i can see them changing people to children and droping em off on the streets. Especialy seeing that KND would be the main person defending street kids, so said person would have no prodection and would be a target for other such people
>>
>>44812759
>everloli dragongirl who's thousands of years old
If course she's adorable. Probably smug, too.
>>
>>44813054
>>44813084
>>44813100
When in doubt, bug spirits did it.

Fits the hivemind shtick too.
>>
>>44815052
>im willing to bet that people like child harvesters would be offed.
Likely, but they can also just imprison them/turn them into the police if you want to keep the "no killing" rule.
Certain sectors would off them, others would get them arrested, and some others would just childify them followed by street kicking.
Or even crueler, flat out "donate" them to another child harvester.
>>
>>44815122
true, that makes more seans from the anarachistic point of view, let the sections decide from themselfs, also someone needs to archive this shit, we are converting fucking KND into shadowrun. /tg/ dose indeed get shit done
>>
>>44815233
>/tg/ dose indeed get shit done
And it's always shit indeed.
>>
>>44815233
Okay seriously what's with your grammar? Are you just getting into a childlike character or something?
>>
>>44815464
if you dont like it why are you here?
>>
>>44815472
im on my phone, it's a old piece of shit and spell check doesn't work anymore. Sorry, unfortunately english is not my first language.
>>
File: 1417496245848.png (246 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1417496245848.png
246 KB, 500x375
>>44815233
>themselfs
>>
File: fa3.jpg (98 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
fa3.jpg
98 KB, 600x900
>>44812885
>the KND are actually Orks
>>
>>44815645
not as strong but that is where i got the idea from
>>
File: 1Cf7chF.gif (3 MB, 367x211) Image search: [Google]
1Cf7chF.gif
3 MB, 367x211
>>44815570
>seans
>dose
>>
Wait, if Father is a Dragon, does that make Numbah 1 some half-dragon and Mr. Uno is actually Big D
>>
>>44815757
Would explain why Numbuh 1 is such a badass.
I doubt it would be Big D himself, but most likely a dragon indeed. Hell, it certainly explains the book of the KND, meaning that the SURGE could be part of some highly complicated plan.
>>
>>44815799
It also explains how they went unnoticed for so long, dragons are just subtly plotting against each other so hard that nobody has found them due to some serious stuff.
Not to mention if you had a kid tell you about this, you would just think it's a game, so it's actually pretty genius when you think about it.
>>
>>44815757
I dont remember the show well, were mr. uno and father related? (im the poor spelling guy, i got to a computer so it should be better now)
>>
>>44816038
They're brothers
>>
>>44816142
Does Big D cannonly have a brother?
>>
>>44816142
so mr. uno could be the dragon that started the whole thing. After all if i remember correctly he was the legendary # 0
>>
>>44816175
Yeah you remember exactly correct.
>>44812454
Wouldn't there be some SURGED children that would decide to become Shadowrunners anyway, or do they keep the mental maturity of a child as well?
>>
>>44816401
probably would, if we go with the whole f-state idea than as long as you are a kid and have not been working agents KND you would be accepted and allowed to leave, maybe. As far as the mentality, aging is stopped so maturity would probably be hindered and they would never be at the level of a full adult by im guessing the whole "eternal child" would not be a thing. After all shadowrun is a rather PTSD inducing world, maybe there would even be fractions that belive that shadowruners and kids shold work with each other more
>>
>>44816576
>shadowruners and kids shold work with each other more.
This is where the whole "trouble getting hired" thing should come into play. Shadowrunners don't trust children on their missions so even if they are on the same team, thus difficult internal conflict tends to erupt.
>>
>>44816632
of course, but thats not a reason for some kids and shadowrunners not working together. There are shadowrunners who work with humanists from what i know. Potential conflict dose not mean lack of cooperation. I also expect some shadorunners to raid the KND when highered by father
>>
>>44816703
>Potential conflict dose not mean lack of cooperation
Agreeable, but I know for certain a runner would at least feel uncomfortable about bringing a child to a horrible warzone that runs tend to quickly devolve into.
>I also expect some shadorunners to raid the KND when highered by father
That reminds me, how known are the KND to the rest of the world as of now? Do allot of good runners know about them or are they still mysteriously mysterious?
>>
>>44816784
>That reminds me, how known are the KND to the rest of the world as of now? Do allot of good runners know about them or are they still mysteriously mysterious?

Id wager that they are rather secretive but most of the good runners who know their shit will either be aware of them or have run into them. A lot of their work would leave a mark so the general public would probably hear from time to time about "midget shadowrunners using very strangely looking tech"
>>
>>44816866
Can we also have rumors of the odd children having underwater bases? I mean if we're going to have a web of secretive plans strung up by dragons we might as well.
>>
>>44817025
why are you asking me? I see no problem with that and we debating this, we all get the same say. KND had a lot of weird bases so i dont see why underwater ones would be a problem
>>
>>44812577
>A dragon somehow got SURGed so hard he stayed a kid in his human form no matter how hard he tried. Done.
I forget, did dragons usually get SURGed that hard or is it fairly rare?
>>44816164
Nope.
>>
>>44815122
>Turning people they don't like into children.
Can't they also do that to runners or people who wander into their base? Just childfy them followed by holding cells so they can't escape and jeopardize their organization.
Same goes for police who learn to much, media folks who catch to much on camera, ect.
>>
>>44817289
im guessing that it would be tough to do that to runners, there would probably be retaliation and it's not like there would not be any fighting. It would happen for sure but most likely not on a larger scale
>>
>>44817431
It's not like the KND can't fight back, besides all that crap they made in the show was with modern tech.
There's nothing saying they can't make more childification chambers or even a gun that childifies only much slower.
>>
>>44817467
fight back ya, but assuming that there are shadowrunners who are aware of the organization im guessing that they would rather cut a deal than be hostile twords em. Probobly the ones who work for dad would get that treatment quickly though
>>
>>44817467
Basically what I'm saying is that KND would be at least decent at catching runners, but would only go after them if they are actively fucking with them.
First time they sod with them, a warning possibly followed by a demonstration, second time they try to capture you.
If you REALLY start to rustle their jimmies, they send elites like Sector V after ya. Seeing how Numbuh 5 managed to take out a entire fleet of teenage ships by herself, this would be a very bad thing to have happen to you.
>>
>>44817603
when you put it like that it makes a lot more seanse
>>
What about their stats and player advantages? We only really poked at it so far.
>>
>>44817889
Ech im never good with crunch, im guessing they should have a lower str and wis due to being kids and having kid world views, higher int and dex thanks to their tinkering and traning? Probably a minus to charisma too
>>
>>44817923
fuck sorry im thinking about DnD
>>
File: M.U.S.K.E.T..jpg (17 KB, 439x350) Image search: [Google]
M.U.S.K.E.T..jpg
17 KB, 439x350
>>44817923
Definitely a minus to charisma, but it depends on who they're talking to.
If they are talking to another operative or somebody who knows allot about them, this cost should be reduced.
They would also need to rely on their weapons, but be very effective with them overall just to how easy they are to use.
The problem is that it's fairly ugly and will certainly raise a eyebrow if you try to take somebody hostage or use it for a social strike.
Nobody's going to take you seriously when your pointing a M.U.S.K.E.T. Hell, your more likely to get laughed out of the room so hard that you'll need medical attention, metaphorically speaking.
>>
>>44818009
but also we should represent their reverse engendering ability. Im willing to bet that if most of them got their hands on some tech they could do amazing things with it. So a negative charisma when dealing with adults/situations where you intimidate, but i'd say a + when dealing with children/bluffing your way out of something. Also as a bonus to weapons, no one is taking you seriously at the first round when you pull it out, so a bonus to hit on the first attack?
>>
>>44818134
>no one is taking you seriously at the first round when you pull it out, so a bonus to hit on the first attack?
Sure, not going to work on people who know what it is like other operatives, but other wise yeah.
I would say to show their good reverse engineering stuff, so they would have good stats on tech based action.
Whether it be decking, crafting, or defusing, they would have a bonus to such rolls. They can also have a lagniappe when it comes to scavenging based rolls.
>>
>>44818214
MAJOR drawback in close combat, unless you have a knife, you are not going to hurt anyone too much, same with large firearms such as assault rifles, shotguns, machine guns etc. But some advantage in sneaking/hiding. You are small, and even if seen most people wont wont pay any attention to you at first, you are a kid after all
>>
>>44818291
>MAJOR drawback in close combat, unless you have a knife,
Exactly, making them a ranged stealthed based race.
>You are small, and even if seen most people wont wont pay any attention to you at first, you are a kid after all
This, even if you are caught you can always make croc tears and say that you got lost.
You would need somebody to pretend to be your father/mother, maybe that's where the few adults in the Shadowrun KND come in or robutts impersonating said adults?
>>
>>44818355
>maybe that's where the few adults in the Shadowrun KND come in or robutts impersonating said adults?

That would work.

All right its 11 pm here and i need to do some shit tomorow, if this is still up ill join back. Good night anons and keep up the good work
>>
>>44818291
>you are a kid after all
Crap forgot to address this part.
This shouldn't apply if you are somewhere suspicious.
If somebody sees a kid shuffling along a wide window sill trying to listen in to some suits, they are going to be rather suspicious about what you are up to. Heck, some might even assume you are a operative on the spot.
>>
KND appearntly has some tactical genius working for them.
https://youtu.be/hmxvJa6ceas?t=687
>>
>>44818681
Urm, shit I copied the URL wrong.
Just skip to 11:13. Somehow nobody noticed all of that shit sneaking up on them.
>>
File: Swampy.jpg (145 KB, 700x553) Image search: [Google]
Swampy.jpg
145 KB, 700x553
Bumping with pic.
>>
It'd be pretty badass I'd imagine.

>Group of kids riding around in a ridiculous vehicle while Protomen blares on the sound system as they head off to battle adult tyranny.
>>
>>44818291
>MAJOR drawback in close combat,
Couldn't some KND operatives in the show fight at least half decently as long as they have a S.P.L.A.N.K.E.R.?
>>
Wouldn't Kuki be some kind of high tier fire mage? I recall that just her raising the thermostat caused her house to become a literal volcano.
>>
They can always use a taser for close combat
>>
File: Splanker.jpg (23 KB, 743x360) Image search: [Google]
Splanker.jpg
23 KB, 743x360
They have these for that.
>>
>>44819846
Mean't to reply to
>>44819578
>>
Now that I think about it, don't they have those giant scissor weapons when they fought those safety sentinels?
>>
>>44819846
Still rather crude for a close combat weapon isn't it?
Can they put a nail in it?
>>
>>44820675
You can put a nail into a tazer if you put enough thought into it.
>>44820142
Yeah, their called H.A.I.R.C.U.T.T.E.R.S. and are used to fuck up robots.
>>
>>44821226
>>44820675
So their street sams are running at you with giant rapid fire scissors and 2x4 that hit you rapidly by magnet power, [possibly with nails into it?
How horrifying.
>>
Final bump before I sod off.
>>
This just made me want to Watch KND again. Haven't seen it in years.
>>
>>44823799
Glad it did.
You can find episodes on youtube. Just google KND Season 5 and your golden
>>
File: 1446619382852.png (186 KB, 332x512) Image search: [Google]
1446619382852.png
186 KB, 332x512
>>44812370
>Wanting to number-crunch in a wacky cartoony setting with no coherent rules

Keep it loose
Keep it vague
Get a good GM
>>
File: Stormtroopers get a new job.gif (2 MB, 405x228) Image search: [Google]
Stormtroopers get a new job.gif
2 MB, 405x228
>>44825824
>Not liking number crunching.
Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.