[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Quest: Blood Moon, Fourteenth Night; Third Movement
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 191
Thread images: 4
File: 1436129116295.jpg (898 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1436129116295.jpg
898 KB, 1920x1200
>QM Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmileytheQM
>Previous Threads: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Blood%20Moon
>Thread #54

>Champion info: http://pastebin.com/bNditXfG

"I can't believe you!" Abigail shouts at her parents.

She's mad, understandably. You are as well, but you're keeping a lid on it so far.

You want to explode more than anything, but you know that it won't do you any good. In fact, anger would play you right into his hand. When you get mad, you get dumb.

And you need your wits right now.

For all you know, this whole place has become hostile... or perhaps it was always hostile. Either way you're in the thick of it now, and Abby is your only reliable ally.

The thought that she might have betrayed you darkens your thoughts, but only momentarily. You trust her, more than anything. You get the feeling this was dropped on her just as much as it was dropped on you...

You can't help but notice that the room is quiet. They're waiting for you; to see how you react...

>Be cool

>Lose your cool

>Take Abigail and leave

>Other
>>
>>44800060
>Be cool
Much as we'd love to take vengeance, we can't afford to be DQed. He'll get what's coming to him, tonight.
>>
>>44800060
>>Other
Glare at Harvey with pure rage, then calm down.

Sup Smiley?
>>
>>44800060
>Be cool
Hello coward.
>>
>>44800060
>Be cool
Feels good to catch this at the start, though i'll only be able to stick around for an hour.

Harvey has Safi under control. Let's not do anything too rash.
>>
>>44800183
Yea, much as all my instincts call for hamstringing him and cutting out his tongue, we can't risk it.
>>
>>44800060
>Be cool
>Other
Look at her parents
"Now you owe me an explanation."
Assuming theyre aware of whats going on with Harvey, thats the least they owe us.
>>
>>44800060
You know on, second thought, screw harvey, dont even acknowledge him.
He's a dead man, any which way. theres nothing he can do or say that ends this with him Not being dead, whether by Saif, or one of the other half dozen people he's made an enemy out of this week.
So just sit and take comfort he'll be bleeding out all over eventually.
>>
>writing
>>
I have no doubts that Harvey will use Safi to threaten Saif somewhere along this event. How will we worm our way out of that? Both pissing him off and doing what he would want aren't great options.
>>
>>44800720
Leaving
>>
>>44800720
Harvey doesn't have enough pawns to be able to afford sacrificing Safi until after we're beaten. He lost too much to Jessica's booby trap.
>>
"And another thing, I-" Abby begins.
"Abigail" You say, calmly.

Abigail stops and looks at you.
"Be cool" You say. "This is fine"

You turn to Abigail's father. "I wasn't aware that the dead man was joining us" You say.
"The... dead man?" He asks.
"Him, of course" You say, pointing at Harvey. "Because he is dead. If not by my hand, then by Claire's, or the dozens of others who I'm sure would love to have his head adorn their mantle"

Abigail flops back into her chair. "That's why he's here" She says.

You turn to her, unable to hide your surprise. "Abby, you-"
"He was... here yesterday..." She says.
"I see..." You say. "That would be the unexpected guest you couldn't tell me about?"
"Yeah..." She says. "He wants to-"

"I'm here to bargain" Harvey says, as he moves into a chair and sits down. "While I've still got chips to do it with"
"I'll bite" You say. "I assume the 'chips' are my sister, so what's in it for you?"
"A way out of this blood moon" Harvey says. "I have a contract here, if you'll read it"

>See you Sunday

>Read it

>Other
>>
>>44800843
>Read it
We should at least know what his game is.

Then maybe we should invite the traitor, so they can all hear direct from her mouth what the gods intend, now that Harvey fucked up so bad.
>>
>Read it
Might as well humor him while he's still alive.
>>
>>44800843
>Read it
And I'll second at least getting Tasha on speakerphone to make them understand that the golden age is never happening.
>>
>>44800843
Sorry, forgot to quote my vote >>44800940
>>
>>44800940
I'm sure it's something along the lines of "Stand back and I'll free your sister" But he needs to understand that he's turned the enmity of all the gods against the earth, and he's never getting his wish.

We're going to have to be careful with how we word our time travel wish, too. Clearly our dream is showing all the times we've failed.
>>
>writing
>>
>>44801052
Ive been thinking the dreams were some kind of divergent timeline bullshit.
>>
>>44801139
Well, we know Saif will try to go back and save everyone if he can, that's who he is. So it follows that this isn't his first attempt. Though we clearly aren't doing any better this time. If we do send our mind back, it needs to be to the day before Yui dies, so we can get on the same page and head off all of this trouble.
>>
>>44801234
Actually, I was think we should go back to before our brother dies.
>>
You pick it up and take a look, but the sound of Abigail scooting her chair closer to you distracts you for a moment.

"What's up?" You ask her.
"This is the first time you've ever seen a magical contract, isn't it?" She asks. "I'm here to help you"
"Oh... thanks" You say.

You do a quick scan and then a more thorough read of the contract, making sure not to miss any notations or fine print.

"So basically, I accept your surrender, destroy the Glutton's sword, and don't kill you, and in return I get my sister back" You say.

"It's not quite that simple" Abigail says. "He wants to bind himself to you to ensure that last one. Meaning that if he is killed for any reason at all, you die too"

You look the contract over once more. It seems a bit weighted in his favor, but if it's for Safi...

>Let me think

>No deal

>Deal

>Other
>>
>>44801353
>>No deal

Nah nigga
>>
>>44801353
>Deal
Then we shoot his ugly ass face off.
Probably won't be that easy, but I can dream.
>>
>>44801353
>Ask Abigail for her opinion
I'm not really sold on the whole binding thing. Harvey has numerous people wanting him dead, and we can't exactly keep him around to make sure he survives, can we?
>>
>>44801353
>No deal
fuck that
i can agree to us not killing him but not everyone else doing the same
besides im sure some people would be glad to get rid of the both of us
>>
>>44801406
>>44801434
>>44801440
We can die all we fucking want, you fucks
>>
>>44801353
>No deal
This faggot seriously thinks this shit can get him out of this mess? his surrender doesn't mean anything he is dead anyway.
>>
>>44801332
Trying that's probably what awakened us in the first place. Either we go back to before when we were captured (might be impossible, as our mind was still developing) or we go back to some point AFTER our mind was wiped by their spell. It'd be pointless to do it just to lose all our memories to that barrier.
>>
>>44801479
Forgot that.

>>44801353
>Deal
>>
>>44801353
>Deal
>>
>>44801234
I think the dream with the hands was trying to tell us that time travel wouldn't and hasn't worked.

Remember how Kyla said that you can't bring the dead back? Well what if their deaths are all set in stone?

I think that's what the dream with the hands was trying to tell us.
>>
>>44801479
Oh then we can just shoot him
>>
>>44801622
In the arena, not out of it.
>>
>>44801632
>sign contract
>harvey surrenders
>shoot harvey
>die
>shield revives us
>>
>>44801632
Once he surrenders we can kill him w/e we want
>>
>>44801632
He's surrendering dude, he's no longer protected by blood moon. He thinks tying his life to ours will save him, as long as we have the mask we can just shoot him then come back.
>>
>writing
>>
>>44801690
We need to make sure he won't revive too. Time to have an aside with Abigail & call Tasha
>>
>>44801601
Considering who all was in it if that's what it's saying that would mean everyone female in the quest was doomed from the start no matter what we did which seems... Bullshit?
>>
>>44801234
Well given enough times I'm sure he'll eventually hit a timeline that satisfies him. Especially if Kyra doesn't die, because when she's around NOT wishing to end the blood moon is sort of a betrayal.
>>
>>44801952
>>44801601
>>44802015

It just means we've tried SO. MANY. TIMES.
At least, that's what it seemed like to me. We try, and fail, and go back and try again, and again, and again. We're Homura.
>>
>>44802027
Well I specifically was arguing with the "can't bring dead people back to life" if the dream is telling us that time travel can't circumvent that, it suggests that all the ladies we know that already died would have died no matter what and also that all the ladies that haven't died yet will also die no matter what, seeing as they were all in the dream.
>>
You look back and forth from the contract, to where Safi is standing behind Harvey's chair, trying your damnedest to look conflicted.

When in reality, you feel like jumping for joy.

You reread the contract, looking for anything you might've missed.

You clarify what happens when Harvey is bound to you with Abigail.

You go over the details once more with Harvey.

"You aren't seriously considering this, are you?" Abigail asks.
"I hope so" Harvey says. "If I have to go into the Arena tomorrow, then this will be the last time you ever see your sister"

"Well that settles it" You say.
"You know that the bind will kill you if he dies for any reason" Abigail says. "Not just if you kill him, but if he slips on the stairs, or if he chokes, or if Claire gets a hold of him..."
"I'm aware" You say. "But Safi takes priority"

You sign the contract

"Good choice" He says, pulling out the Glutton's blade. He flips it over, catching it at the tip of the blade and handing it to you. "I surrender my sword, Saif Malikov"

"I accept" You say, taking the sword. To fulfill your end of the bargain, you smash it into the floor. The sword shatters.

Abigail checks her phone, to see the message saying that Harvey has surrendered. "Looks good" She says.
"Now it's your turn" You say, cutting Harvey a glare.
"Now now, don't be so hostile" He says, snapping his fingers.

>[1/2]
>>
>>44802084
Safi drops like a ragdoll.

Your eyes go wide and you enter fast time, zipping around the table to catch her.

"Safi!" You shout as you go back into real time.

No response.

"Harvey, you piece of trash! What did you do?" Abigial asks.
"I gave her back" He says as he kicks back. "I never mentioned the state she'd go back in"

You grit your teeth.

"Of course, were I to die she would awaken..." He says. "But unfortunately, she'd be all alone.
"You sick son of a-"

Abigail stops talking, as you start to laugh.

And laugh.

And laugh.

"Saif... are you alright?" Abigail asks.
"Fantaaaaastic!" You say.

>How is Harvey going to die?
>>
>>44802027
But it would be partially uncharacteristic to do it in any timeline where Kyra doesn't die. Part of it is "fuck it a shitty, probably worse in every way golden age is here to stay, might as well try to redo" but if Kyra was still around we'd be wasting her last shot on something we don't even know is possible.
>>
>>44802190
Shoot him in the face. Nothing fancy, he's not worth it, just a round through the skull, like a sick dog.
>>
>>44802190
MILLION BUCKS. MILLION SLASHES. USE THAT SPEED UP TIME.
>>
>>44802190
Hand him over to Claire.
>>
>>44802190
>>44802222
Quads, and good reasoning. Do it.
>>
>>44802190
>>How is Harvey going to die?
Kick out his knee caps, shoot him in the other. Then shoot him in each shoulder put the gun to his head and make him beg. Then shoot his brains out over the wall.
>>
>>44802216
Kyra must die a lot then. Or perhaps she changes her mind in those other timelines? She was being swayed by some of the other gods anyway, before she died.
>>
>>44802190
Throw him out a window and unload the archive on his face
>>
>>44802279
That seems silly to me, which is why I'm more convinced by the general alternate timeline argument than I am by the homura one.
>>
Wow...
How do you guys know if this is the real harvey we are bound to?
Whatever it is.
It smells like a triple layered trap
>>
>>44802190
Painfully, is that even a question?
>>
>>44802332
You are seriously overestimating this man's intelligence, he's no fucking Aizen
>>
>>44802332
And you guys walk into it....[/spolier]
>>
>writing
>>
>>44802331
based on what though? we have absolutely no grounds to believe alternate timelines exist at all. And we know time wonkery does work, though it costs a lot.

>>44802332
The man's a fairly stupid coward, and a bully. His father was the smart one, and our brother killed him.
>>
>>44802363
But never underestimate a snake,even if he's dull
>>
>>44802415
Nah mate, not this time. Fucker's good as dead
>>
>>44802394
Because even if the chance of Kyra not being convinced/killed is as low as 10%, as many repetitions as it takes to get to homura level would be virtually impossible.
>>
>>44802332
If it's not then his life isn't even assured anyway because claire
>>
You set Safi down gently, and stand up. Then you draw your favored handgun from the archive, and press it against the back of Harvey's head.

"You know, that was almost clever" You say.
"Saif, no!" Abigail says.

"What do you think you're doing?" Harvey looks back at you and asks. "If you shoot me, you die"
"I know" You say. "It wouldn't be the first time, and it won't be the last.

You draw the Guardian's Shield and hold it at arm's length to regard it. "It got a bit of an upgrade recently" You say.

There's the look that you were hoping for.

"D-don't be so hasty" He says. "I can wake her up, just don't-"
"She'll wake up when you die" You say, dropping the mask and letting it dissolve back into your pathways. "Two birds, meet one stone"

"Wai-"

The crack of your gun is almost deafeningly loud, but it's also the sweetest sound you've ever heard.

You feel a pain in your head, like something is being snapped. Then everything goes black.

>[1/2]
>>
>>44802559
And that's also assuming Saif didn't change his mind about what to wish for. Because after all, if he can go back, save everyone, and win, he can wish for it to end then.
>>
>>44802606
Died as he lived. A whiny moron screwing himself over for the sake of petty spite.
>>
The hands reach for you. The faces are the same ones you know: friends, enemies, lovers... but the looks change.

In the crowd you see yourself. Masked and armed. Ready to kill, ready to die, but not ready for what must truly be done.

Your eyes open and you stumble back to stop yourself from falling over.

"Ow" You say.

Every eye in the room is on you. Abigail looks worried, her mother looks surprised, her father looks pissed. You blow into the muzzle of your handgun, and put it back into the archive. Then you kneel next to Safi.

Her eyes flutter and open. "Saif?" She asks.
"I'm here" You say.
"What's going on?" She asks.

You start to answer, but the sound of Abigail's father's chair hitting the floor cuts you off.

"I'll tell you what's going on" He shouts. "I want you both out of my house"
"Fath-" Abigail says.
"GET OUT"

>Take Safi and go

>Refuse

>Other
>>
>>44802885
>>Refuse
Fuck you Nazi trash
>>
>>44802885
Yeah just leave. 'Don't particularly want anything to do with anyone who would miss that idiot anyway.'
>>
>>44802885
>Take Safi and go
>>
>>44802885
>Take Safi and go
That's fine by me. You better hope I win though, for your own sakes.
>>
>>44802885
>Take Safi and go
>>
>>44802885
>>Refuse
Go eat a grilled dick sandwich.
>>
>>44802919
>>44802953
>>44802958
>>44802971
Guys seriously?
>>
>>44802885
Wait what about abigail
>>
>>44802885
>Refuse
naw, cunt. I'll box yah.
>>
>>44802988
why not? is there any reason to stay?
>>
>>44802885
>Take Safi and go
>>
>>44802912
>>44802973
>>44802988
Safi's in danger here. We've got our respawn to protect us, and they probably won't kill their own daughter. But Safi's a loose end for them. And she's already been shown as a powerful lever against us.
>>
>>44802885
>>Refuse
>>
>>44802988
Why even stay?
>>
>>44802953
This is my vote, if this means leaving Abigail then change it to refuse.
>>
>>44803021
At least grab abigail
>>
>>44802885
>Take Safi and go
>>
>>44802989
>>44803046
>>44803049

She's being kicked out too, ain't she? Let her folks cool off, and we can retry this later, when they aren't trying to manipulate us.

>>44802885
>"Fath-" Abigail says.
>"GET OUT"
See? She's kicked out too. This'll just be temporary, though.
>>
>>44803049
i think she would come with us even if we didn't make a point to get her
>>
>writing
>>
>>44802885
Do we get to keep Abby?
>>
Christ though, Harvey didn't think this through at all if we were willing to risk death through him dying incidentally for Safi's sake there's a good chance even without the revive we would have killed him.
>>
Hey, if we tracked down claire training and then time-rushed in front of a blow so she killed us couldn't we get her disqualified?
>>
You look back down at Safi and smile. "Can you stand?" You ask.
"Yeah, I should be good" She says, as you help her up.

"I'd apologize for the mess, but you really only have yourself to blame" You say.
"Excuse me?" Albert asks.
"Inviting Harvey" You say. "Bad idea, especially after you apparently promised Abigail you wouldn't"

Safi supports herself by putting an arm over your shoulder. "It did work out in the end, though" You say. "Even if I was looking forward to having a nice, peaceful evening"

You make your way to the door, and Abigail moves to follow you out.

"Not you" Her father says.
"What?" Abigail says.
"We need to talk first, then you can go where you please" He says.
"But-"
"No buts, Abig-"
"Albert" Abigail's mother says. The tone is soft, yet stern.

Albert looks at his wife and then goes to sit down, making it clear who really wears the pants in their relationship.

"Abigail dear, we just want to talk to you" Caroline says. "Please"

Abigail looks between you and her mother, her indecision plain on her face.

>"You can talk later"

>"I'll go on ahead"

>Other
>>
>>44803461
"I could use some time with my sister where we aren't trying to stay alive, don't feel like you need to come with me."
>>
>>44803461
>"I'll wait in the hall, if you want Abby."
>>
>>44803461
Let Abi decide
>>
>>44803461
>"I'll go on ahead"
>>
>>44803461
This works >>44803509
>>
>>44803461
>>44803485
But make it a bit gentler, that we want her to come, but won't be upset if she stays.

>>44803509
Maybe just, I'll wait for you if you want.
>>
>>44803461
>"I'll go on ahead"
>>
>>44803547
>that we want her to come
Eh, I think there's a bit of an opportunity to slightly make up for the bad impression on her parents by just telling her that we have no problem with her making whatever decision she wants to make.
>>
>>44801524
Sorry, I had to leave for a while. My basic idea was we'd make a plan before going back, go back to when our brother is busting us out, pass him a bunch of info and help him not die, and then leave so we can proceed out of the the barrier, and go on without further altering the timeline till later.
This is assuming we could A, actually prevent bro from dying and B, get him to go along without telling us or anything.
>>
>writing
>>
>>44803618
Yea, but we don't want her to think we're holding her to blame for Harvey being here or abandoning her.

>>44803675
Well, based on how disjointed our dreams have been, I don't think we're sending back everything/sent back clearly
>>
>>44803706
Well we already blamed her parents for that so i don't think she's likely to think we blame her.
>>
>>44803774
Emotional guilt isn't always logical, and we don't want her to think we're holding her guilty by association.
>>
>>44803706
Well, I had another idea in the Car.
Which would be to just Send back our memories.
And send them to Kyra.
Or Kyra and other people.
>>
"I can wait outside if you want" You say.
Abigail smiles. "No, it's fine" She says. "Head back home. I'll meet up with you later, I guess"

"You sure?" You ask.
"Yeah" She says. "And uhh... welcome back, Safi"
"Good to be back" Safi says. "Can we go? Standing is not easy right now"
"Yeah, sorry" You say. "And again, sorry for the mess"

Caroline frowns. "We'll get Christopher to clean it up" She says.

You nod, and make your way out.

As you make your way out, Christopher bumps into you. "My apologies, Mr. Malikov" He says.
"Don't worry about it" You reply.
"I assume that things went badly in there?" He asks.
"You didn't hear the gunshot?" You ask.
"I did" He says.

>And you didn't do anything?

>Keep walking

>Other
>>
>>44804007
>>Keep walking
Could have gone a lot worse.
>>
>>44804007
>"They're gonna have you clean it up apparently so, uh, sorry about that."
>>
>>44804007
>Keep walking
>"Well, I'm afraid I left you a bit of a mess...sorry."
>>
>>44804007
This>>44804045
>>
>>44804007
>Other
It went better then it could have gone. For us at least.
Could you tell us WHY Abigails parents set this up anyway?
>>
>>44804007
>And you didn't do anything?
>>
>>44804007
>Keep walking
This >>44804045
>Pat down our pockets, make sure he didn't slip us a note or steal anything.
>>
>>44804007
>>And you didn't do anything?
If he says something about not liking Harvey, give him the biggest grin and say that he's alright.
>>
>>44804007
>Keep walking
>>
>writing
>>
"Well then, it went pretty well for me" You say. "I may have left you a bit of a mess to clean up, though... sorry about that"
"Not a problem" He says. "Not the first time I've had to clean up this sort of thing"
You snort. "You almost sound like you were expecting this" You say.

"It was on the list of possibilities" He says.
"And nobody patted me down or checked me for weapons?" You ask.
"If I thought that any of your weapons were on your person, then I would have" He says. "As it is, we decided to simply keep an eye on you"

"And you still let me shoot him?" You ask.
"Harvey Hart was not under our protection" He says. "I warned the master against inviting him several times, to no avail"

"Well, it's good to know that Abigail has someone with some foresight looking after her" You say.
"I do my duty to its utmost" He says. "Will you be needing a taxi?"

"I should be fine, why?" You ask.
Christopher clears his throat and points to Safi, who is asleep again.

"On second thought, yeah. A cab would be nice" You say.
"Very well" He says.

>[1/2]
>>
>>44804515
>>"Harvey Hart was not under our protection" He says. "I warned the master against inviting him several times, to no avail"

I like him. I wish we could have spent more time with his grandkids.
>>
The cab arrives in record time, and you manage to wake Safi up and keep her awake long enough for the ride to not be awkward.

The fact that she was awake at all is staggering. According to her, Harvey had forgotten that he ordered her not to sleep, and so she couldn't sleep.

You do end up having to carry her into your room, as she passes out while you're waiting for the elevator. Luckily you don't run into anyone else after that.

When you go into your apartment, Moriarty circles your feet in excitement. It makes walking to the couch kind of difficult, but you manage to get there and lay Safi down.

Moriarty wastes no time in hopping up and examining his new housemate. But as you walk away to do other things, Safi's hand tugs at your shirt.

Looking back, you see that she's still asleep...

>Go do something else

>Stay with Safi

>Other
>>
>>44804827
>>Stay with Safi
>>
>>44804827
>Stay with Safi
>>
>>44804827
>Stay with Safi
We've been separate for so long, our soul is probably crying to rest in one piece.
Remember, we're 1 soul 2 bodies, not two separate beings
>>
>>44804827
>Stay with Safi
As if there's a question.
>>
>>44804827
>Stay with Safi
>>
>>44804827
>>Stay with Safi
Grab a chair and hold her hand while she sleeps.
>>
>writing
>>
You lift up Safi's head and sit underneath it, letting it rest on your lap. Then you take her hand and hold it, just like you used to when you were both kids.

"I wonder if anyone is left, back home" You say.

You last memory of your home is of it in flames. A part of you wants to go back someday and see if it's still there, but you have no idea where it actually is... and you aren't about to go searching through the mountains for it. You remember how your dad used to say that it was well hidden.

"Yeah... hidden" You say.

Not well enough to keep the men that destroyed it and kidnapped you out. You don't think those were Hart's men... you vaguely remember how they all wore a similar sigil... a golden peak, or something.

"Ah... whatever" You say.
"Mew" Moriarty replies.
"What, you got a problem with me talking to myself?" You ask.
"Meer" He replies.
"Yes, I know that I've had a lot of people over lately" You say.
"Meow" He replies.
"Of course she's staying" You say. "And so is Abigail"

Moriarty looks at you quizzically.

"Yeah, I'm probably going to need a bigger place... especially if Abigail is... y'know..." You say. "And a new job... if I survive"

If anyone survives... it's quite possible that the gods will end up glassing this place. You could maybe wish for them not to do that, but then what?

Safi stirs and squeezes your hand. On her face is a contented smile.
You wonder what she's dreaming about. It must be nice, for her to look like this after everything that's happened...

>Try and see what she's dreaming about

>Text Abby

>Read something

>Other
>>
>>44805361
>Text Abby
>>
>>44805361
>>Text Abby
>>
>>44805361
>Text abby
Don't want to get into safi's head without permission.

Also:
>"Yeah, I'm probably going to need a bigger place... especially if Abigail is... y'know..." You say. "And a new job... if I survive"
Shouldn't... we be able to take over the business?
>>
>>44805405
Dunno if Boss had a will
>>
>>44805361
>Text Abby
then, just nap there with her. Maybe we'll have the same dream again.

>>44805405
>Shouldn't... we be able to take over the business?
We probably can, and I think we should.
>>
>>44805432
If he didn't have a will I think stuff should still go to us by default. He did adopt us right?
>>
>>44805361
>Try and see what she's dreaming about
I betcha it's the sunrise again.
>>
>>44805495
Yep
>>
>writing
>>
You pull out your phone to shoot a quick text to Abigail, asking her if everything is going okay over there and letting her know that you made it back alright.

"Right... the vibrate is broken" You say as you see that you have several unread messages.

A few are from Veer. He's at Anime North, and he's wondering where everyone is, and asking where Yui's booth is set up...

Fuck. You forgot about that.

You set that message aside. You'll get back to him when all of this is over, and maybe you'll tell him what actually happened to everyone...

The others are from Claire, demanding an explanation as to why you let Harvey surrender. You do answer that one, letting her know that you blew a hole in his head shortly after his surrender.

There's also the notification of his surrender, but you already knew about that.

After that's done, you text Abby. Then you lean back, close your eyes, and sigh.

Today was supposed to be fun.

You would have helped Yui set up her table in the artists alley yesterday, and then spent today flipping between helping her and checking out the con... Instead, you're doing this.

While getting Safi back has made this a pretty good day, in the end... it was supposed to be so much better. Everything was supposed to be so much be-

Danger.

Something crashes through your window. At first glance it looks like a brick, but a closer look reveals that it's actually an explosive.

An explosive that's probably set to go off any second.

>Toss it back out

>Grab Safi and Mori and go out the door

>Grab Safi and Mori and go out the window

>Pull everyone into slowtime and tank it

>Other
>>
>>44805864
>Toss it back out
Fast time it back out the window. We can handle it. They can't.
>>
>>44805864
Throw it back out..
>>
>>44805864
>Toss it back out
>>
>>44805864
>Pull everyone into slowtime and tank it
If we're sure we can.
If not
>Throw it back out.
>>
>>44805864
>>Toss it back out
>>
>>44805864
>Toss it back out
speed up time
>>
>writing
>>
>sister just got saved
>now smiley kills her.
>shit, it's Julia, risking DQ to stop us or get us DQed.

I am paranoid & fully expecting max suffering.
>>
>>44806120
I would normally not agree with you, but now I think smiley is just kinda getting off at the suffering now.

Sorry boss
>>
You stand up, probably jarring Safi's neck a bit, and dart over to the explosive. Then you strengthen your leg, and boot it right back out the way it came in.

It explodes just past your balcony, sending a barrage of broken glass into your room.

You enter fast time and kick the couch over to protect its occupants, before diving behind it yourself.

Safi's eyes are wide with shock, and she looks around to see what the hell just happened.

"Sorry about the rude awakening" You say. "You alright?"
"Yeah, I'm- what the hell is happening?" She asks.
"I think we're under attack" You say. "How well do you think you can fight right now?"
"I can barely even think right now" She says. "I could maybe get a spell or two off, but I'm pushing my limit"

Moriarty pops his head up and looks towards the door...

Well, his hearing is probably better than yours...

>Arm yourself and go check it out

>Bunker down in the bedroom

>Go out the window

>Other
>>
>>44806308
>Drop to slow time, sis. I'll take care of this.
>>
>>44806308
>Go out the window
>>
>>44806308
>>Arm yourself and go check it out

also this if she can>>44806331
>>
>>44806308
>Go out the window
>>
>>44806331
>>44806349
I'd rather just tell her to get ready to go into slow time if she needs to. After all it won't protect her from Julia and quite likely wouldn't protect her from the judge either. Need a better understanding of the situation first.
>>
>>44806308
>>
>>44806376
At this point, she's probably dead. Not much we can do about it
>>
File: 24-09-2012-02.jpg (93 KB, 799x530) Image search: [Google]
24-09-2012-02.jpg
93 KB, 799x530
>>44806376
True.

>>44806408
>pic related
>>
>writing
>>
>>44806483
Smiley shit on my hope a while ago, I have descended into pure Cynicism
>>
>>44806513
Yeah I've divested myself of any investment but I'm still willing to put in an effort. Better to do my best to keep people alive and occasional have it not have been possible no matter what we did than to just stop. At that point why even keep up with the quest?
>>
File: vGj1PRp.gif (1 MB, 384x224) Image search: [Google]
vGj1PRp.gif
1 MB, 384x224
>>44806513
Cynicism isn't the absence of hope, it's the denial of hope.
But I understand. I expect him to kill her, but I'd love to be proven wrong. It'd be sorta stereotypical to kill her now, after all.
>>
>>44806555
Amen brother
>>
You draw the same gun you used on Harvey. It'll be short a round, but it's the one you're most comfortable with.

"Safi, I need you to stay awake" You say.
"I can do that" She says. "I've got a bit of an adrenaline rush going"
"Good. Be ready to go slowtime to protect yourself if anything bad happens" You say.
"Got it" She says.

Take her hand and give it a squeeze. It seems to calm you down a bit. Then you creep your way up to the door.

You can definitely hear voices from the other side, so you check the peephole.

That's a ram. That is a ram.

You leap back and let off several shots, landing on your feet and rolling to the side as your door flies off its hinges and just barely misses you. Then you regain your footing and fire the rest of your magazine.

You manage to take down one, but unfortunately one is not all they brought. You enter fast time as they file in, to get a count and to reload. Staying in fast time, you gun down the first few that enter using your fast time shooting trick.
The next few are smarter, firing into the apartment from cover. You try to dodge a few of their shots in fast time, but there's just too many.

You draw a flash-bang from the Archive and toss it out as you retreat. Then you grab your sister and your cat, and dash for the window.

>Roll 1d20
>Usual rules apply
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>44806690
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>44806690
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>44806690
>>
>>44806739
Oh thank RNGesus
>>
So what's our best bet. Go somewhere incredibly public?
>>
>>44806739
saviorrrr
>>
>writing
>>
Wordlessly, you communicate what needs to happen with Safi.

As you run, you drop your gun and draw an automatic rifle. Then you jump over the edge.

She clings to you and enters slow time, while you enter fast time. There are more gunmen down below, and you take your time picking the closest ones off. Then you turn upwards and throw a grenade into your apartment, before turning back down to keep shooting.

By the time you hit the ground, your enemies are few and far between. But they are still present.

Safi leaves slow time, and looks at you. Without saying anything, she asks you 'what now?'

Which is a good question. One that you'll answer when you aren't being shot at.

You make your way to the street, only to have an armored van pull up and empty its contents (more gunmen) into your path. The van has a sigil you recognize on its side: a golden peak.

You raise your weapon to fire, even as your eyes search for a new way out.

Then a sleek black limousine pulls up, plowing through several of your assailants along its way.

The back door opens, and someone you never expected to come to your rescue looks out.

"Get in" Tasha says.

You look around and see your enemies beginning to regroup. You look at Safi, who is still halfway towards falling asleep. You look at Tasha, who holds a hand out to you.

You jump into the limo and before the door is even closed it's already screeching off, leaving whoever the hell those guys were in the dust.
>>
>>44807014
Who the fuck is Tasha?
>>
>>44807014
>a golden peak.
Those fucking guys.

Too bad we didn't wire our apartment to blow.
>>
That's all for tonight!

Next thread will be sometime this weekend, probably Sunday.

As always I'll be sticking around for a bit to take questions/suggestions.
>>
>>44807046
The traitor, our current patron so that we can actually make a wish since it goes to the god and our original patron is fuckin' dead.
>>
>>44807046
The Traitor, our current patron goddess.

She's the embodiment of the concept of self betrayal, Yui was her champion before. Even if our wish goes counter to her own purposes, she'll probably grant it.

>>44807060
Thanks Smiley.
>>
>>44807084
>She's the embodiment of the concept of self betrayal, Yui was her champion before. Even if our wish goes counter to her own purposes, she'll probably grant it.
I honestly am not sure patrons not granting wishes is a thing. After all if the wish getting granted isn't actually a sure thing they'll have a much harder time getting champions and even if they draft one they're more likely to just immediately surrender.
>>
>>44807060
Thanks for running boss
>>
>>44807060
Why was Harvey's plan so dumb? Did he forget about our ability?
>>
>>44807178
Everyone forgets it. Hell a goddess completely forgot about it and was worried for us dieing when we were charging up the sword.
>>
>>44807178
Harvey had actually never seen it in person so he might not have known that it always affects, in the arena or not.
>>
>>44807143
Dang, not I have to wonder, if somehow Jessica had won when she wanted her husband back would the Scholar have gone "aw shit I'm an asshole I really should've checked, that doesn't really work" or just brought him back to immediately die, sucks to be you!
>>
>>44807178
And he probably never considered that we'd be willing to deal with the pain to kill him, as he didn't see anything wrong with the way he'd been acting/had been raised thinking his behavior was okay.

>>44807255
He probably would have assumed she knew he'd immediately die again and just wanted a chance to say goodbye.
>>
>>44807178
Pretty much a combination of these
>>44807222
>>44807281
>>44807204

If you had reminded Abigail about the mask at the beginning of the last thread, then her reaction would have tipped him off. But her surprise was genuine, which made him believe that his plan was working.
>>
>>44807424
And did he not consider that even without the mask we quite likely would have killed him let ourself die anyways?
>>
>>44807458
>Gee dad, you do something you PROMISED not to and both my boyfriend and the man you want me in an arranged marriage with end up dead
>>
>>44807424
So what are some of the greatest hits of other terrible ideas in harvey's life. Seeing as he spent basically the entire time he was in our life fucking up I can't believe he didn't have plenty before now too.
>>
>>44807508
You'll probably hear more about that later on, from either Abigail, Safi, or Claire.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (31 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
31 KB, 480x360
>>44807050
They're clearly The Order of the Triangle
>>
So did they mind fuck abby while we were out?
>>
>>44810390
I bet they're just looking tbe other way for now. Perhaps after they speak with her, or with the tyrant, they'll be reluctant allies.
Thread replies: 191
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.