[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>A hardened adventurer from a fantasy world is transported
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 5
File: Red.jpg (3 MB, 1600x2240) Image search: [Google]
Red.jpg
3 MB, 1600x2240
>A hardened adventurer from a fantasy world is transported into your home through a cosmic anomaly

>The adventurer examines her new surroundings

Of the things that she sees, which would baffle her the most?
>>
>>44798785
Plumbing, I'd assume.
>>
Which room ?
>>
>>44798785
Non-fetishy clothing.
>>
>>44798848

The room in which you find yourself.
>>
>>44798785
My fat hairy ass.
>>
>>44798785
Me looking at a picture of her with someone describing what just happened to her.
>>
>>44798927
There is nothing really interesting in the living room except a handful of comfy fauteuils, a fireplace, two tables and a sound system. I guess she is baffled by the street lights without flame and the horseless chariots outside. Maybe by the plumbing.

On second trough, she'll probably ask herself where does the music comes from.
>>
>>44798785
>from a fantasy world

Which fantasy world? A chick from Eberron isn't going to be nearly as surprised at the stuff in my living room as someone from, say, Greyhawk or Ravenloft.
>>
>>44798785
The laptop I assume?
>>
>>44799171
They may actually be more surprised, because suddenly everything that ran on magic is now running on something totally different. Where as the other ones have no frame of reference so they might just assume it's magic anyway.
>>
>>44798785
Well, I've got a TV on playing the news in the background, so that would probably be pretty cool for her.
>>
My excessive masterbation and mlp figue collection
>>
>>44798785
A mirror or of light and a mirror of darkness.

A large, normal mirror and an LCD television that's current off and providing a reflection from the ambient light, as though it were reflecting black.
>>
>>44798785
Would she really be suprised by a glowy rectangle that is obviously magic? Or the device I'm currently pressing many glowy buttons on? Probably not.
She'd probably be slightly surprised at the obviously magic and obviously evil red light that illuminates various glass (and glass looking) boxes with dirt and plants in them that seem otherwise empty and then proceed to lop my head off since she clearly got transported into some evil sorceres lair.

After that she'd notice the window that is very large and of exceptional quality. And the masterwork mirror that also must have cost a fortune.
Yeah, those two would probably be the most suprising things for her.
>>
>>44798785
A well-organized police force and well-funded and highly developed military.

Seriously, if they had that in her world, there would be no need for adventurers.
>>
>>44798785
My huge, beautiful, hairy cat
>>
>>44798785
Since she's from a fantasy world, she's probably very used to magical lights and wouldn't be baffled by the bright lamp hanging from the roof. She'd be familiar with reams of books and manga (and DVDs & BDs that look like small books on the shelves). The only thing to really baffle her might be my computer as it is obviously a highly complex magical item of the kind she's never seen before. Or the tv, if it were on, but it isn't so it just looks like a featureless black slate.
>>
>>44799518
In my case it's likely either a case of her asking how i'm talking without my lips moving/who I'm talking to/what the fuck i'm talking about (Youtube videos) or why there are a bunch of boxes labeled "Magic" strewn about the room
>>
>>44799605
>or why there are a bunch of boxes labeled "Magic" strewn about the room
Why would she even be SLIGHTLY suprised by that?
>>
>>44798785

That's not an adventurer it's a mord-sith evil dominatrix trope from the most fetishy shit fantasy book I have ever read Wizards First Rule.

http://sot.wikia.com/wiki/Mord-Sith
>>
>>44799637
It's Magic, I ain't gonna explain shit.
>>
>>44799605

>implying she can read
>implying she can read English
>>
>>44799637
"Magic" is pretty vague. She'd think there was something wrong with you for not labeling them more specifically, like potions, tomes, reagents, and wands.
>>
>>44798785
Probably my lamp. Besides that the mess of seemingly useless trinkets around my room. I like to collect stuff and most of these things would appear without meaning. Next would be the obvious technological stuff like my computer once she realizes what it does.
>>
"why the fuck is there so much booze here ?"

also two 300mm micropatterned silicon wafers laying on the buffet.
>>
>>44798785
She would be surprised about the absolutely ass whipping she's about to get, since she's taking a fucking nightstick to a fucking sword-axe-mace-morningstar-flail-spear fight.
>>
>>44798785
The extreme cleanliness and complete lack of smells.

No fireplace smoke. No body odor. No sewage smell. No mildew. No domestic animals. No bugs or rodents. No dust on the floors.

It would seem highly unnatural for any medieval person, let alone a woman used to living in rough circumstances.
>>
>>44799687
If she's an adventurer she can probably read
I'll give you the english though.
>>
>>44799605
>or why there are a bunch of boxes labeled "Magic" strewn about the room

This is just a hilarious mental image

I'm imagining this bug-eyed adventuress panicking because there's a sweaty NPC in the corner and she can't get out of the room without touching a box marked MAGIC
>>
>>44799380
>obviously evil red light that illuminates various glass (and glass looking) boxes with dirt and plants in them that seem otherwise empty
What?
>>
>>44799791
Everybody knows when you cross into another universe inhabited by the same species, you automatically speak the local language
>>
>>44799803
Weed I think
>>
>>44799803
They can't see red so I can observe them without disturbing them.
>>
>>44799792
(Un?) fortunately all the magic boxes are semi neatly in one corner of the room. Opposite to me
>>
>>44799792
>he has a magic crystal ball
>except it's flat
>and there is coloured ponies inside
>>
>>44799896
Well then they're not exactly "strewn about the room" are they?

>>44799879
>them
I probably don't even want to know.
>>
>>44798785
My impressive collection of real-sized cardboard cutouts of various hollywood celebrities that litter the entirety of the house.
>>
>>44798785
>Shouldn't you be doing your job right now?
>>
>>44799897
>>44799792
A powerful wizard indeed
>>
>>44798863
It just means our normal clothing is fetishy to them.

>Your clothes, anon. They're so loose, so non-form fitting, so...mysterious. And that wolf and moon sigil...Tell me more about your mysterious world, mysterious anon.
>>
>>44800055
Thanks for reminding me.
>>
>>44798785
Well, for a Mord-Sith, I would assume any non-Objectivist philosophy would be immensely confusing..
>>
She'd be fascinated by the moving people and scenery inside the big black box enshrined in the wall.
>>
>>44798785
"You have self-refilling bowls of fresh, clean water... and you shit in them?"
>>
>>44798785
>1066+950 years
>not using the excuse of demonstrating a shower to trick the female adventurer into getting naked with you
>>
>>44798785
"Why is someone who is so obviously wealthy enough to afford a home full of magic items wearing shoes that are falling apart?"
>>
>>44801858
No different than shitting In a river
In my case though shed likely be concerned about my 50s Godzilla movie poster. Hopefully I'd be able to convince her it's a play of sorts or she realizes that it's in a frame so it's likely some kind of painting
>>
>>44798785
The Three Shells.
>>
>>44798785
My fully erect penis
>>
>>44802112
Now that I think about it, you're right.

I wonder what she'd think of my 40k minis.
>>
>>44798785
The piss bottles, I recon.
>>
>>44799254
>mlp figures
kill self
>>
>>44799759
High level characters don't gotta worry bout that shit, bro.
>>
>>44799803
Heat lamps of some variety.
>>
>>44802150
Thank you
>>
>>44799652
I am sure there are far worse fetish fantasy books out there. The series gets better with that kind of thing after the first book or so.
>>
>>44798785
The sad looking Druid on the sidewalk asking for change.
>>
>>44798785
The fact that i'm prettier than her even though i'm a guy. Se will then think i'm a half-elf and try to murder me.

(fap fap fap)
>>
>>44799759
Actually that "night stick" can bring such profound pain with a light touch that it can freeze someone in place, and shatter/tear flesh from bones. Hell, the thing can kill you by simply placing it over your heart and twisting, if not just touching it to your ear.
>>
File: IMG_0482.jpg (225 KB, 950x709) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0482.jpg
225 KB, 950x709
>>44798785
Probably the gun and smokes.
>>
poo in da loo
>>
>>44798785
Computers
I'm sitting in front of it for ~10 hours these days.
>>
>Strange garb with incredible patterning (camo) and other strange garb about
>Room is warm despite the clearly visible snow outside and a sealed off fireplace through the humongous windows
>Huge mirror on the segmented door
>Rectangular scrying plate with strange runes and dancing images upon it
>Incredibly soft blanket the NPC is wearing
>NPC is ridiculously tall for a human
>Magic lighting isn't actually powered by magic
>Strange walking stick (rifle)
>Strangely bound books
>Polyester
>The walls and ceiling are covered in tiny ridges and bumps as if stone, but are uniformly white and nowhere near tough enough to be it
>Wooden shield that is for some reason padded thoroughly enough it cannot cause meaningful harm with some kind of blue sponge and covered by canvas, and the strange soft sparring swords similarly festooned and wrapped

Now I think the real question is, how does she get home and if she has to spend the night in order to do so how do you accommodate her? Or don't you?

What if she's stuck here?
>>
>Why do you paint small statues too tiny for the eye to behold all the features of?
>Why do the little sugary treats come in shiny paper wrappings?
>WHY DO YOU ATTEMPT TO COVER YOUR EARS WITH THAT STRANGE DEVICE?! (headphones)

I think most adventurers would be more annoyed that my room is covered in books and junk. All these piles of things to step around, and no loot.
>>
>>44798785
Streetlights. Just imagine, coming from an 11th-century world and then suddenly seeing all these grids of burning lights that blot out the stars.
>>
abstract art
>>
>>44807045
Honestly, she'd PROBABLY just equate headphones to earmuffs. Which larger ones double as
>>
>>44807103
Earmuffs were only invented in 1873 though. They probably wouldn't be around in the average medieval fantasy game.

Even then, I'm not indoors. Why would I try to protect my ears from the cold?
>>
File: pochaco mousepad.jpg (57 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
pochaco mousepad.jpg
57 KB, 600x600
No question
>>
>>44807045
>and no loot

Cutlery. Adventurers love cutlery.
>>
>>44807384
Just tell them that it's worth like. Nothing
>>
>where am I?
>what is that box you hold?
>do all men here store pasta in their pockets?
>>
File: TIME TO LEAVE THEM ALL BEHIND.gif (2 MB, 391x218) Image search: [Google]
TIME TO LEAVE THEM ALL BEHIND.gif
2 MB, 391x218
My taste in music, or the fact music is playing without a bard nearby. Or if should would even consider it music considering what shit they listened to back then.
>>
>>44807427
>It's worth like, three coppers.
>Bah! I can't bother to keep track of my copper coins!
>>
>>44807790
I would say something along the lines of "I could replace it if I didn't eat lunch for like, two or three days
>>
>Why are you so tall?
>If you can afford such wondrous magical items, why can't you afford new sheets?
>That's a strange helmet, where is the face guard, and what does the black top on the front of it do?
>>
>>44808028
*tube

Fuck
>>
>>44798785
The feminism cult phenomenon.
>>
>>44798785
the fleshlight
>>
>>44798785
Welfare state and universal healthcare, probably.
>>
>>44808028
>why are you so tall

That may have been true historically, but in a fantasy world an adventurer could easily be close to our height, especially if they're an elf.
>>
File: 1417289650106.gif (996 KB, 500x278) Image search: [Google]
1417289650106.gif
996 KB, 500x278
>>44799094
>>44800055
>>
>>44798785
me, looking at the thread that discribes exactly his/her situation on the internet
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.