[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #657: Time Delayed Casting Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41
File: 1444809953408.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1444809953408.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>Last Thread
>>44763087
>>
What magic systems let you cast spells to happen after a certain period of time has passed, or when certain conditions are met (traps etc)? Are there any perks that let you cast spells like this?
>>
>>44780571
D&D has the spell Contingency that does exactly what you're asking.
>>
So about Undertale, if I take Weapon Magic along with Gaster Blaster will I be able to pull of Sans level of lasers?

Because at this point I have some CP left and I figured I might as well go in for the Sans powerset.
>>
>>44780828
I don't even see why you'd need Weapon Magic.
The thing you really need is being able to rapid fire damage people and throw in a ton of bullets at once, preferably being capable of hurting them multiple times with even a single bullet -- so, keeping it persistent instead of disintegrating on contact with a soul, and not allowing for any kind of recovery period.
There is sadly not a perk for that.

So probably take Gaster Blaster alongside Strong Magic, and then practice the hell out of your bullet patterns and bullet control and consistency.
>>
What would stop me from waifuing Jolyne from Jojo?

And how can we save Foo Fighters? Apparently, if they inserted disc again into something else it would be a "new" Foo Fighters. Like, as if the first one was a game that someone forgot to save and then turned off, so the new one would be a new game. But it seems first Foo Fighters got a soul, so could you save her through soul shaneianigans?
>>
/jc/, I need some anti-corruption perks that can be used on another person.
>>
File: 1430149467515.png (152 KB, 359x414) Image search: [Google]
1430149467515.png
152 KB, 359x414
So, are you a sword or a swiss-army knife?
>>
>>44780974
Actually, what I meant was being able to fire off a ridiculous amount of lasers like in his fight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vr4IYjeplJA&feature=youtu.be&t=7m42s
Around 7:42.

What's Strong Magic though?
>>
File: mjolnir_3903566.jpg (343 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mjolnir_3903566.jpg
343 KB, 1920x1080
>>44781079
>sword or a swiss-army knife
Neither.
>>
>>44781046
>What would stop me from waifuing Jolyne from Jojo?
The fact that she's in jail and you may not be able to easily reach her. Anasui and his whole obsession thing. Possibly Star Platinum's fist if Jotaro doesn't approve of you.

This is all assuming, of course, that she actually wants to be your waifu. Personal compatibility is always the most important factor in these things.

>And how can we save Foo Fighters?
Your best bet is probably to just make sure she doesn't die in the first place. That would easily let you get around all that stuff you mentioned.
>>
File: Black_Crusade_-_Core_Rulebook-1.jpg (268 KB, 1258x1630) Image search: [Google]
Black_Crusade_-_Core_Rulebook-1.jpg
268 KB, 1258x1630
Jumpers! A slight announcement for the future.

After the Bayo update and Indiana Jones (which is still slated to be released this month), I'm going to work on something... special. Something diabolical and twisted, to further the call of despair and anguish.

It will be hard. It'll feel like a twisted game of Tug-of-War, what with the Four Directions that could be done. Or maybe you feel a little different, preferring to be above it all and pledging yourself to the Undivided. Then there's the age-old method of being above it all, and staying out of it like the filthy Loyalist you are. Really, who knows! But there's going to be a lot of nifty things.

After all, who doesn't enjoy a little Chaos?

Planned gigs:
-Six Backgrounds: The Four, Undivided, and Loyalist
-Shared and Background-exclusive sections of perks and powers
-Weapon Customization, Daemon or Normal
-Items of strange and terrible lore, delving into the darkness
-Hope you don't end up becoming a Chaos Spawn!
-Just kidding. You are all going to die.
>>
>>44781046
>What would stop me from waifuing Jolyne from Jojo?
Nothing, really. You just need to save her from Pucci somehow. Doesn't matter how.
>Foo Fighters
Make it so that she doesn't get into the situation where she dies. Simple as that. Maybe something like Danger Sense from Cardcaptor Sakura and some method of teleporting.
>>
>>44781079
I'm a forbidden tome bound in physical madness and flesh from humans and ancient terrors who make humans look like insects alike.
>>
File: HERETICAL DISEL ENGINES.jpg (18 KB, 303x303) Image search: [Google]
HERETICAL DISEL ENGINES.jpg
18 KB, 303x303
>>44781190
>Hershey
In all seriousness I'm curious
>>
>>44781079
Swiss-army knife containing fourty-seven different swords in addition to everything else. I love swords so much, but spears are my favourite.
>>
>>44781190
>Loyalist
Daaaaaaaamnit. That makes things so much more complicated.

A hex on you, #FF0000!
>>
>>44781152
Magnifying Magic is what I meant. I wasn't looking at the jump and couldn't remember the name.
It's just a straight upgrade to your magic power/capabilities.
>>
>>44781079
I'm a band-aid. Sometimes a tourniquet. Rarely a bonesaw.

>>44781190
...FUCK.
>>
>>44781246
>I love swords so much
>>
>>44781079
I'm a swiss-army knife with a sword attachment.
>>
>>44780571
Negima magic lets you "hold" spells for later release, and you can also use them to create traps to be activated by proximity or remote.
>>
>>44781079
>>44781155
>>44781209
>>44781246
>>44781272
>>44781334
Good answers and a good discussion, but I think I asked the question wrong. Let me try it more directly.

Do you prefer:

>A few big abilities that are very strong, but may not be well suited to the current problem?
Or
>A large number of weak powers, but usually having one that's well suited to the situation at hand?
>>
>>44781079
I'm more of an awkward icy time delaying shield.
>>
>>44781422
Well for my chain, I'm both. I like to spread out a little bit.
Personally though, I prefer A just for style points alone.
>>
>>44781422
Oh. In that case I'd go with the multitool approach. Tools are neither weak nor strong, its up to the craftsman to know how craft and to use his tools accordingly.
>>
>>44781422
Both?

But if I had to choose one, I'd choose a a few powerful abilities. A swiss army knife breaks if you hit it with a big-ass claymore.
>>
>>44781190
TRAP JUMP
R
A
P

J
U
M
P
>>
>>44781422
Sword, then. But with how long the chain will go on, it's guaranteed that I'll turn into a swiss-army sword eventually. Sometimes, you just can't put all the CP towards diplomancy and actual communication skills.
>>
>>44781422
A number of weak powers properly applied and working in concert can do the work of stronger abilities. Meganukes, however, cannot enhance learning or remove a single target.
>>
>>44781540
Only if you choose Slaanesh.
>>
>>44781661
Zing!
>>
>>44781661
Slaanesh is probably worst choice. Nurgle cares. Khrone is easy to sate. Tzeentch is hard to predict, true, but with Slaanesh you will ALWAYS get raped.
>>
>>44781190
Well, nifty indeed. Have you considered, unless you already wanted to have loyalist as a counter-foil (I never get to use that phrase), for that origin to be rogue instead? There are alot of nefarious folk who run askance of the Big E while still nope-ing away from the 4 lords of Oh God why? with such perfidious traits as indulging in xeno-artifacts, grand theft spaceship and jay walking.
>>
>>44781716
>implying that's a problem
>>
>>44781754
Not everyone is into that anon.
>>
>>44781540
>implying there won't be options for those who merely want to seek perfection in combat or the arts
>implying there aren't options for chasing your passion
>implying it's just going to be a horndog festival

Oh ye of little faith.

>>44781749
While tempting, I'm worried of stepping on the Light of Terra jump's toes regarding that.
>>
>>44781200
I tend to try to not get involved with plot related characters unless otherwise it gets super bad, like with the world reset... Although mostly if a character were to die, I find a way to save them either JUST before death or rebuild them AFTER death. Like, make it seem like they died like with canon, but actually save them.

I try to not get involved up till the point where the plot no longer requires the person. Hm.

Also, if I were to save them this way... Oh. That kid won't be able to see the "Alternate Jolyne" ...will he? Technically, the souls are supposed to be gone if killed off by Pucchi or such and yet the alternate appeared...

So I save Foo Fighters and Jolyne moments before actually dying, but making it so that the "EFFECT" of their death still remains, by donig some stuff on my own to ensure that it works like that, after which I await reset and as per the jumper rule, I am thrown the fuck into Steel Ball Run instead of somewhere else.

...That was the thing? If you survive the reset, you get thrown into steel ball run? Or you get thrown to alternate prehistory with alternate pillarmen?
>>
So what was updated in the new Harry Potter Jump?
>>
>>44781993
I mean, I heard that there was some weird interaction with a jumper surviving the reset
>>
>>44782079
New?
>>
It's been a while but does Shepard actually need the cybernetic implants they get from being revived Cerberus?

I figured the best time to make a good impression on Shepard was when Normandy got ganked and they got blown into space.
>>
>>44782079
I think there are scenarios now, and a few new drawbacks. I can't remember if the prices changes for family wealth were from the latest update, or the one before it.

Speaking of Potter, which house is the best? It looks like our options are the jock house, the evil house, the nerd house, and the "literally who?" house.
>>
>>44782357
>literally who? house

It's the stoner house thank you very much. Their dorms are next to the kitchen for a reason.
>>
>>44782357
Nerd house or Jock house.

Nerds aren't boring when they're slinging fireballs, and the Jocks get to go on adventures and shit.

Evil house is a shithole filled by and large with assholes. 'Literally who?' house is incredibly boring and everyone is incredibly mediocre seeming only to exist so occasionally one of them can do something really well and surprise everyone.
>>
>>44782095
I also fanwanked as you going into the alternate of stone ocean like Emporio. So I guess if you want steel ball run giddy up cowboy ? Jojolion plot progression! Hell if you want fabulous dinosaurs go for it friend.
>>
>>44782357
Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff are probably the best for students. You're not in the rival houses, and both hard work and sheer smarts would help with studying and learning more magic. Bravery and Ambition are all well and good, but the 'core traits' of the house don't help as much. That said, we see smart Gryffindor's and stupid Ravenclaw's, disloyal Hufflepuffs and unambitious Slytherins. It really comes down to personal taste.
>>
>>44782332
If I remember right, it's explained that the implants do give him the 6 million dollar man treatment: better, stronger, faster.
>>
Who made the attack on titan jump?
>>
>>44782476
A jibbering assmonger of a catamite. Pay it no mind.
>>
>>44782463
Slytherin best house. Wonderful lake view.
>>
>>44782435
AH, can't decide, can't decide.

THere is definitely ONE thing for sure. The one easiest to waifu if you save them is Foo Fighters. Especially that due to how she is and acts like, she would fit jumper the best.
>>
>>44782463
>It really comes down to personal taste.
Ravenclaw's colors are very nice.
>>
>>44782332
>>44782464
They did upgrade Shepard, but the cybernetics were essential to the reconstruction process as well. Remember Shep crash landed on a planet and was reduced to plulp, they state multiple times that the damage done to them was far more extensive than they thought and in Renegade more we see Shepard's eyes and facials scars light up because their new mechanical bits are overheating.
>>
>>44782357
Ravenclaw.
>>
>>44782357
Given that I keep seeing plans to obtain ultimate power in these threads, I think most jumpers would probably be a good match for Slytherin.
>>
>>44782504
Is that a kind of vampire?
>>
>>44782658
>implying I won't just tell the sorting hat what house I want
>implying the only sway he has over who goes to what house is the fact most eleven year olds aren't going to question authority to that degree
>>
>>44782671
It does suck.
>>
>>44781422
I prefer to have a few categories that are prioritized over others (Magic, Kingship/Leadership, Swordplay, Crafting/Creation) but there are so many jumps that I've been able to build myself to a basic level of competency in so many fields.

But I don't take a strict interpretation of Diminishing Returns, or else it wouldn't make any sense to specialize in something. It'd make more sense to get 2-3 perks in every field, because after those first few perks, you barely get anything out of the new ones you buy.
>>
Say.

In Undertale, would giving Flowey any other soul from another jump give him his ability to enjoy things back?

If not, would a soul taken from another universe where it is the source of emotions and/or empathy be good enough?
>>
>>44782517
I'm still stuck on doing my stand I've been tweaking it so it's not disgusting like I accidentally did last time . Has this improved ?
《Forever Delayed Act II》
What's mine is yours and yours is mine: the user now has the ability to transfer damage that would be acquired to them to a select area or person instead. Two requirements must be met before activation. 1: the user must have "tagged" the target by hand.
2: the user must take damage for the place or person tagged before transferring damage over.

Tag Your it: the user can now tag a target delaying an action/effect from a longer range ( only five can be placed at a time).
>>
>>44781943
Oh not rogue trader, I mean more renegade, whether that's a renegade space marine or some hiver who just brained a arbites with a brick, or just some schmuck who got put on the wrong side of the kill on sight list without being chaosy. In any case I more than understand not stepping on toes. Just always loved that precarious edge in the lore of renegades slowly slipping into chaotic territory (or at least joining some warband with almost enough spikes to be a toddler by DE standards) while denying or deluding themselves that its not so.
>>
>>44781422
I prefer a few strong abilities. I am short on memory and would rather know what I can do in a situation. Plus, it helps build on a theme.
>>
If you take the Thu'um from Skyrim are you at risk of being unable to speak like the Greybeards?

Also, is the shout at the strength it is in game, or like the books mention when a few Tongues (people who could Shout) would line up to Shout down walls in place of siege engines?
>>
>>44782932
The Greybeards aren't mute. It's just that their voices are so powerful, to speak is to use the thu'um. That's why before the retarded ass Greybeard cult outlawed it, masters of the voice would wear gags.
>>
>>44782699
I found it kinda bizarre that the jump had Sorting decided by a dice roll rather than a "pick an appropriate house for your jumper or do one of those online quizzes as your jumper". Even a "if you don't pay 50cp to choose, you must select whatever House would be most amusing to your Benefactor" would make more sense.

Maybe the Hat just crashes, and its announcement is a buffer overflow, whenever it's stuck on a Jumper's head. Because other than that I got nothing.
>>
>>44782985
That's what I'm asking about. Do you get more powerful, and if you do will you become so powerful you can't talk without breaking things (or people) nearby?
>>
>>44782985
This never made sense to me. Is it that they have to take the meaning of the word into their soul to such an extent that they risk accidentally using that word and releasing a shout when they intend to use it in a mortal tongue instead?
>>
>>44783094
They probably get so strong that they don't even need the dragon language, all their words are infused with the meaning.
>>
>>44782985
>>44783094
I find it silly as well, it's not like it affects everyone anyways. Talos could speak normally and he's likely the most powerful Tongue in history, well maybe Akatosh beats him but likely not.
>>
>>44783172
That's because Talos was a Dovakhiin.
>>
>>44783172
Didn't Talos lose the ability to use the thu'um after having his throat slit?
>>
>>44783172
And Akatosh wasn't a Thu'um user. He's literally the concept of time. Even after ascending/mantling Lorkhan, Talos is less powerful than Akatosh.
>>
File: bone of my sword.gif (997 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
bone of my sword.gif
997 KB, 500x250
>>44781079
STEEL IS MY BODY AND FIRE IS MY BLOOD
>>
>>44783067
You're not alone. Since it doesn't effect discounts or anything else meaningful and is ultimately a flavor thing, I always had a home rule that, while you can't just choose freely, you could choose whichever house those online quizzes put you in.
>>
>>44783239
He actually isn't. Talos is more powerful. Akatosh is like number 7 in the power rankings. Time is a big deal... for Mundus and mortals. For Aedra and Daedra, time isn't a be all end all.
>>
File: sack lunch.jpg (40 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
sack lunch.jpg
40 KB, 480x480
>>44781079
A bread knife with my companions filling out the rest of the spaces in the knife block.
>>
>>44783239
Also

Aka-is-Lorkhan-is-Magnus

The king, the usurper, and the observer.

If you want to know why Talos is so powerful, it's because he's all-in-three, not witnessed as false individuals. Also because Aka was shattered into seven pieces, is another reason why Akatosh (only one of the shards) is far below Talos.
>>
>>44781190
mwahahahahahaha
excellent
>>
>>44783341
Also I literally cannot remember the name of the three-part Walking Way. If any of you are as horribly autisticly invested in the lore as I was, I'd appreciate the name.
>>
Hey, guys, I got a houserule, and it's so dumb I just have to share it with you. Confession is the only way I can cope with the guilt. Plus I need your help in balancing this fucker so I'm not playing EASY MODO.

Every ten jumps, if you go above and beyond a certain threshold of entertaining Jumpchan, she'll allow you to retake a jump you've already taken.

Now, obviously there's incentive in the form of GAINZ here, but that's not my primary motivation for this. If it were, I'd just go "Singleplayer I make the rules I can just take every perk Im free." and I don't wanna do that.

My primary motivation is to be able to go to jumps with multiple continuities, like Sonic or Scooby Doo. So yes, I wanted a way to have my cake and eat it too.

Balancing factors I've thought of all involve drawbacks. Maybe for the second take I have to take a certain amount of drawbacks without getting points for them. Or maybe I have to take at least one drawback from each jump leading up to this without getting points from it? Hell, maybe I lose the ability to gain points from drawbacks entirely. I don't know.

Ugh, I worded this so much better last time, but the thread crashed before I could post.
>>
>>44783510
Scum.
>>
>>44783094
>>44783172
I don't really get it either, especially since the guy that can talk is either said to be or implied to be so skilled he can talk, like it goes right the way back around again. I just want to know if it's something we as Jumpers face, and if we're able to do bigger Shouts than in the game. Also I suppose I should ask if we can Shout more than in the game, like being able to Shout more often as you get skilled/throat gets used to channeling that much power?
>>
File: confessional.jpg (170 KB, 700x459) Image search: [Google]
confessional.jpg
170 KB, 700x459
>>44783510
It is good to admit your sins, anon, for only then can you repent of them.
>>
File: 134013728712.png (169 KB, 379x353) Image search: [Google]
134013728712.png
169 KB, 379x353
>>44782819
Well, Flowey doesn't really seem to get any empathy when he absorbs the first six human souls (which are not comprised of love/emotion according to the little placards you come across in Waterfall), whereas he does get it back when he absorbs the monster souls, so... probably it requires a special KIND of soul, ie, one that specifically grants the power to feel feelings/empathy.
Flowey's problem is literally just he does not have the parts required to feel empathy and love, so you prettymuch have to be able to replace those parts. He's also a flower, so this complicates matters.

I'm not really an authority, but... like, some anons were thinking of using Dark Binding from Hellsing to give him a soul? And that was thought of by some other anons as a bad idea, because Dark Binding makes you go insane unless the souls are evil, and giving Flowey an evil soul seems like a Bad Idea.
But I think if you gave him something that specifically could allow a sapiant talking flower that capacity to feel love, that'd be good enough?

Like, if we ever get one of those Kingdom Hearts jumps, and you somehow drug a heart over specifically for Flowey, that would PRRROBABLY(?) work.
I gave him one of my Temmie souls (because I had nine at the time), and I assume that works, because they are specifically monster souls.

And your only problems after that are:
1) Is Flowey going to be okay with using a stolen soul, and
2) He's probably still a flower.

Or, I dunno, throw science at it.
>>
>>44783510
If you're going to do this just say that return recharges after ten or so jumps. You don't get extra CP so there's no power gaming, and you get what you say you want. A few people have mentioned something like this, but if you do this don't bother mentioning it in thread, it'll get people angry at you.
>>
>>44783510
My thoughts for potential ways to balance this are:

>You don't get any CP the second time around, and you can't gain CP from drawbacks. Also, you can't abuse this rule to do things like getting an additional copy of a legendary artifact.

>Jumps with multiple continuities work like the Horror jump or the Sitcom jump. That is, you're able to somehow "travel" into alternate continuities through some method. Same rule about no abusing this to get doubles of unique items, waifus, or anything else you're not supposed to be able to get.

My own rule for stuff like this is to ask myself, "how do I benefit?" If you don't get any kind of power boost and it makes for a better story, I think it's okay.
>>
>>44783570
Fanwank. Personally I'd assume buying it gives you innate talent (especially if you choose to become the Dragonborn) and so you don't have to worry about it. And I go with lore level shouts because otherwise that's a stupidly high cost for like 20 shouts that are mediocre and have a frankly absurd cooldown for how weak they are.
>>
>>44783510
>My primary motivation is to be able to go to jumps with multiple continuities, like Sonic or Scooby Doo.
Ok, so have it that instead of letting you retake jumps, she gives you a Return that can go to an alternate continuity instead. With a free background if you need it. That way you get no gain in power beyond what just spending more time in the jump would get you, so no real powergaming.
>>
>>44783510
Easiest way to balance it? You lose ALL purchases you made the first time through. It's still a big boost - you get to re-spend points, and don't lose any knowledge or anything. But getting 2000+CP? You might as well just do a 2000+CP build.
>>
>>44783689
Oh, yeah, and the no double legendary artifacts of whatever rule, that's a good addition. 2 Hands and Eyes of Vecna would just be silly.
>>
>>44783684
Makes sense, I guess I'll go with that then. Thanks for the input.
>>
>>44783613
>Like, if we ever get one of those Kingdom Hearts jumps
Please don't remind me Konata.
>>
>>44783718
>2000+CP build
Anyone actually done this?
I did a chain where the default drawback limit was set to 1000 as opposed to 600.
>>
>>44783613
Alright. It's gonna take some time, but I can work with this. Thank you.

Now, to figuring out a way to justify this entire thing coming together before I jumped Undertale, with no way of knowing I'd ever go there.

...Maybe the Benefactor likes sappy drama? She probably has some idea of what I'd feel in that situation.
>>
>>44783613
>you somehow drug a heart
>drug
Blue, I think your Evil is showing
>>
File: pop a molly for the cause.jpg (49 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
pop a molly for the cause.jpg
49 KB, 480x480
>>44783838
>implying drugs are bad
go to bed gramps
>>
>>44783613
>Like, if we ever get one of those Kingdom Hearts jumps, and you somehow drug a heart over specifically for Flowey, that would PRRROBABLY(?) work.

Are you saying you have to fill Flowey's Dark soul with LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8qG4AlK1qk
>>
>>44783783
Well there are some jumps that go beyond the normal CP cap once you take drawbacks and such into account. FR has around 5000 CP for you to play with if you took every drawback I think.
>>
>>44783987
Actually I meant where you start with double the starting CP. Sounds boring, but I was just wondering if anyone did it.
>>
I have a question about the Imaginary Form power from the Worm Jump. How big is the Core?
>>
>>44783955
You might want to crack open a dictionary when you have some spare time.
>>
File: sororitashate.jpg (117 KB, 318x472) Image search: [Google]
sororitashate.jpg
117 KB, 318x472
>>44783510
Confession is only the first step.

Expiation is also required.
>>
>>44784055
Some people have. I've heard of 2000 CP full/no drawback runs, but with some of the newer jumps that have come out the model doesn't work that well anymore.
>>
>>44783527
Yeah.

>>44783659
Hadn't thought of this. So, rather than revisit the jump, I can just go to different continuities. How does that affect time spent there, though? Actually, wait, that's a pretty good point, because it forces me to choose where I spend my ten years. I can combine continuities, but I can only spend time in the beginning of them because I've only got ten years, so I won't make it to late game in either one. Not so bad when the plot happens in just one day--I mean, then this could be a game breaker, actually--though I don't think jumps with alternate continuities usually have that problem anyway. But, if the plot is a long runner, then you have to give up the late game in order to travel. Pretty nice.

>>44783659
I think this is probably the closest to what I was originally looking for.

>>44783718
This works too. I mean, both of these options are easier than the "travel between continuities." choice. I'll say that's a hard mode option and keep it in mind later because it's interesting.

Although...

>>44783584

Okay, one more confession. My other other motive was for the Kantai Collection Jump. I want to be the Admiral but I also want to be the little Sixth Ranger Abyssal Girl.

But, even with these rules I can do that. It's a stretch, but I expected no less. Anyway, thanks guys.

...now that I think about it, I could have just waited until after the DBZ jump, but that assumes I win that.
>>
>>44784148
Her expression always makes me feel conflicted things. Do spess nuns go yandere?
>>
>>44780571
I think Inheritance magic can do that, but you'd have to give it a battery of some kind to power the spell if you plan on leaving the area, since Inheritance magic runs on mundane energy.
>>
File: adepta_yandere_gonna_purge_you.jpg (100 KB, 800x782) Image search: [Google]
adepta_yandere_gonna_purge_you.jpg
100 KB, 800x782
>>44784282
Yes, yes they do.
>>
>>44784451
Why do I find that so hot? I hate 'dere weeb shit
>>
>>44783783
Yep. The Meta-CYOA was posted in close proximity to a Jumpchain thread, and I took the point doubling option.
>>
>>44784465
I dunno, maybe because her idea of a night out is less "feeding you a box lunch she made herself" and more "let's go shoot some xenos"?
>>
>>44783067
>Maybe the Hat just crashes, and its announcement is a buffer overflow, whenever it's stuck on a Jumper's head.

>McGondola puts the hat on the Jumper's head.
>It starts screaming and catches on fire.
>>
>>44782932
If you take the perk there's probably no risk of that happening, since it's basically handed to you by the Benefactor.
If you try to learn it the old fashion way, no telling what'll happen.
>>
>>44784055
If a Jump is well-built, 2000 CP will still give you a lot of hard choices.
>>
So, what's this about one of the Parting Gifts in Fallen London being unfinished?
>>
Anyone take the same element and Bending Genius in both Avatar jumps?
How did you imagine that working?
>>
>>44784703
>Sword and Sorcery jump
>>
>>44784622
>"THAT WAS A PRICELESS MAGICAL RELIC!"
>"Er, I know where some of the other relics from your founders are if you want me to go grab them?"
And that's the story of how Jumper spent the entire Harry Potter jump being the Big Good to pay back their Hat Debt.
>>
I need to Remove Fairy, /jc/.

Wot've you got, besides:

>get a Cold Iron weapon
>go Iron Dragon Slayer in Fairy Tail
>be a Steel-type in Pokemon
>get Fire Ant (Earth) in SimAnt so I can eventually eat and become cold iron
>Double Genius Earthbending->Metalbending
>stack magic resistance/immunities
>>
>>44784703
I strongly believe that even with max CP, a jumper should not be able to buy even 25% of what's available in the jump.
>>
>>44784723
Exactly. Or Fallen London. Or God of War. 2000 CP still isn't close to enough to buy everything I want.
>>
>>44784745
Sorry anon you'll have to go through kebab first.
>>
Got a question: I need to pick up Real Eater early in my next chain, but I heard Medaka Box is a dangerous place even for experienced jumpers. Is trying to do it early basically suicide?
>>
>>44783067
It can lead to some funny situations, though.
Landing on something you didn't expect.
It could just be that I'm a total wannabe writefag at heart, but I can't help but think those situations make for interesting stories.

I actually rolled a 1. Gryffindor!
Except... Harry Potter is somewhat well into my chain. Which means I had already long since "fallen" and begun to convince myself that I'm not a good person, or even deserving of being called one.
And... apparently the hat disagreed.

I said no. It was like an inverse of Harry Potter's. Anything, anything but that.
"Are you sure?" Said the hat. "You could be great. If you'd stop beating yourself."
"Is there nothing I can say to change your mind?"
"Well, I guess it's your choice to make."
"... better go to..."
I paid the 50CP and went to Ravenclaw instead.

Well, they can't all be funny.

So, hey, /jc/, which of the houses did you go to in Harry Potter, and how did you interact with your housemates specifically?
>>
>>44784719
Double Earth Bending Genius. I'd think that with double Genius in any element you could probably approach Avatar tier feats, you just have to make sure it's not something done using two or more elements. For example I could do anything Toph or Bumi did and probably do it bigger and better besides, but I couldn't do Kyoshi's island moving trick since that used airbending as well (somehow).
>>
>>44784889
Just run in the opposite direction as the plot. And keep running.

There, your chances at not dying have increased by 300%.
>>
>>44785016
>TFW you couldnt get away
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU

I just really wanted an excuse to post I Ran
>>
>>44784984
>since that used airbending as well (somehow).
Keeping everyone nearby from getting cooked?
>>
If I want to become a dragon, what's the best jump to do so?
>>
>>44785172
Looked more like she used it as if the island was a boat and used airbending in place of oars or a sail.

>>44785228
Spyro, Legend of Spyro Skylanders (LOSS), or Forgotten Realms.
>>
>>44785228
Forgotten Realms is essentially "choose any dragon form under CR 50".
>>
File: look of disapproval.jpg (3 KB, 114x120) Image search: [Google]
look of disapproval.jpg
3 KB, 114x120
>>44785530
>this tired argument again
>>
>>44785616
Whiny bitches gotta bitch. They have nothing better to do with their lives.
>>
I want to be able to set up machines that can teleport gear to other people. Does anyone know of a teleporter that can send hundreds of items to hundreds of different people in a really short time? I have the Star Trek transporters but I it's not fast enough. A way to speed it up would also work.
>>
>>44785966
No idea, really. Now maybe if you improved the processing speed on the original Transporter system, as well as the size of the Transporter room?
>>
>>44785966
Maybe really, really tiny stargates + a good positioning system might work? I think you might be able to dial fast enough, or just have multiple gates at your base.
>>
>>44785966
Are you sure you want one centralized machine to handle all that? It seems like it'd be more efficient to hand an individual teleporter to each of those hundreds of different people, manufacturing difficulties aside. But in answer to your question, I think there's an item from Worm that would allow you to open an item-sized portal next to each of the targets that leads to wherever the items you want are stored, at which point the targets could just reach through and grab it. Alternatively there's a capstone from Iji that gets you a teleportation device that explicitly can call weapons to your hands; I'm sure with some tech perks you could mass-produce or upscale it to handle hundreds of users. Aside from that I'm not really sure, I have the Doormaker shard and took that capstone in Iji but otherwise most of my teleportation abilities are magical in nature.
>>
File: Konata_Fan.jpg (17 KB, 500x228) Image search: [Google]
Konata_Fan.jpg
17 KB, 500x228
>>44785966
> hundreds of items to hundreds of different people
Not really. If you're using machines, you'd either need hundreds of different relay points set up or some way to teleport things anyway, which would probably require coordinates for each teleportation.

I mean. The only way I can really think to do it is create a robot or an AI with the ability to teleport, load it up with all the requisite processing power to figure that shit out in a nanosecond, and then have it take care of the problem.
You could install the AI into a console with a teleportation pad, but it'd still need some way to move product onto the pad, unless you have other machines/people helping out with that.
>>
>>44785988
>>44786073
>>44786081
>>44786100
Looks like I'll just have to have lots of teleporters. An AI managing it would be a good idea though, and I'll take a look at the Iji and Worm teleporters. Thanks.
>>
>>44784622
>"So. Hufflepuff then?"
>>
>>44786081
>>44786270
Could you reverse engineer the Dimensional Breach Controller? That'd solve your problem and let you portal gear to people in other dimensions, which most teleporters don't do.
>>
I was trying to figure out how crazy of an epic spell it would take to rez the God Emperor when I realized I don't know if he should count as actually dead or just at -9999 hit points and stable. Any thoughts?
>>
File: drawbacks not even once.gif (2 MB, 411x231) Image search: [Google]
drawbacks not even once.gif
2 MB, 411x231
So, I've just learned a valuable lesson.

Tell me about the time you lived to regret taking a drawback.
>>
>>44786437
I stepped on a Lego.
>>
>>44786325
Yeah, that's more or less what I'd intended to suggest. I'd forgotten what the name of the Worm item was. Though to be fair on reading it it seems like it only opens one portal at a time rather than being a technological Doormaker shard like I thought, so you would have to do some reverse engineering
>>
Reverse Engineering seems to far better than MCU's Retro Engineer, but on the other hand Miniaturization and Efficiency seems to be unique. I don't know which to choose.

Any advice?
>>
>>44786491
Ask Armsmaster nicely for his tech?
>>
>>44786491
You can stack Retro Engineer with a reverse engineering perk from Fallout. 007 has a perk similar to M&E but nowhere near as good. I'd go M&E.
>>
>>44786491
SimAnt has a miniaturization engineering perk, in a sort of round about way. It's one of the capstones/CHEATS.

Maybe go Reverse Engineering in Worm, but also get a Miniaturization tinker cache so you can figure out the principles that they work on?
>>
>>44786491
With enough time and patience and the appropriate tech level, you can pick apart basically anything. If you have the option to choose, go for M&E.

Though don't forget that we've got a perk somewhere that lets you build things on a 1000:1 efficiency scale. As in, a rifle the same size is now one thousand times more powerful, etc. I forget where the heck it is, I saw it the other day and went 'that's silly, but cool'.
>>
>>44786507
>>44786528
Wait, can this work? Not just copy the instance of it in that tech, but straight up steal another tinker's shtick?
>>
>>44786547
Are you sure that wasn't from another CYOA? Because I saw something like that in one of the Worm CYOAs, I think.
>>
>>44786550
I guess stealing his M&E knowledge outright might be possible, if you interpret Reverse Engineering as working on organisms, you could figure out what makes his shard tick.
>>
>>44786579
Found it, and you are right; it's the v2.

Either way, the scale implied by the Worm M&E is superior anyways. Fusion reactor the size of a watch battery at a minimum. Even in a starship those still end up being the size of a king size bed, at absolute minimum.
>>
>>44786581
>>44786550

In a later chapter of worm, skitter notes that dragon (who has the reverse engineering power) has picked up miniaturization tricks from looking at armsmaster's tech.
>>
>>44786770
Dragon's power is making other Tinker stuff. Pretty sure she's possibly the worst example you can use.
>>
>>44785616
>Argument
>One guy asks about getting dragon forms, is referred to the jump
>>
>>44786789
To make tinker stuff, you have to understand what you're making first.
>>
>>44786790
You must not remember threads upon threads of people working out how to cheese maximally and be a time dragon, or whatever the damn thing was.
>>
>>44786789
Tinker shards are mainly a library of information. Their main thing isn't a power, it's an area of knowledge. Ergo, anyone that knows that knowledge can do the same thing.
>>
File: swiss army gun.png (224 KB, 481x246) Image search: [Google]
swiss army gun.png
224 KB, 481x246
>>44781079
Swiss army gun.

>>44784933
>which of the houses did you go to in Harry Potter, and how did you interact with your housemates specifically?
I actually rolled Slytherin, which worked perfectly for my plan, which was to the rest of the world, be the one "who got put in Slytherin because of his Pureblood family, but is actually an ok guy", but to Slytherin be one of the them, and feed info to the MCs.
>>
File: thunder cloud.jpg (90 KB, 680x419) Image search: [Google]
thunder cloud.jpg
90 KB, 680x419
>>44784933
Gryffindor! Mainly because I didn't want to have to deal with Ravenclaw's riddle door. I'm really bad at riddles and bad for Tom Riddles.

As for my housemates, I was kinda obnoxiously bombastic! Got along rather well with the Weasley twins as such and if there was half an excuse to shoot electricity at something I was down for it.

Wherever I could amble my way into the plot I did - however everyone thought it was a pretty good idea to leave me out of anything that required stealth or subtlety.
>>
How did Starkiller get so strong in the Force, and how powerful are you after doing both jumps?
>>
>>44787113
The answer's Midichlorians and Midichlorians.
>>
>>44787113
Strong enough.

Let me put it this way:

One of the most powerful, most difficult force abilities- light or dark, but this one is light- is blocking someone's force connection indefinitely.

You can GIVE someone a force connection after both jumps.
>>
File: Mirai Ship Slut.jpg (194 KB, 1000x760) Image search: [Google]
Mirai Ship Slut.jpg
194 KB, 1000x760
>>44781079
I'm a Battleship senpai, I don't buy into your weapon binary social construct..
>>
>>44787209
Swiss army knife, got it.
>>
>>44787172
And you don't even need to pay a single CP. Or even have any force abilities at all.
>>
>>44784933
Ravenclaw. It is pretty much the perfect house for me both personally (what can I say, I look good in blue and bronze) and professionally (I am become king of the nerds)

I didn't interact a whole lot with my peers the first few years. That changed one A) I got settled into the ability to blast assholes with lightning, and B) found out about the whole bullying shituation. I'd like to say that Flitwick was proud of my justice crusade, but something tells me that wasn't true after the eleventh person got sent to the Hospital Wing and the accompanying "I am disappointed in you" speech.
>>
>>44784933
Ravenclaw, and I kinda did my own thing with some companions. The big bad voldemort kinda lost his edge when faced with magitech enhanced mobile suits. The main issue was with the regulations against enhanced muggle technology. The last few years were endless lobbying against those archaic regulations and massive fines.

>>44787223
N-no!
I'm an electronics warfare specialist!
I mean yeah I have tomahawks and a mk 42 cannon, but they all work better with a better electronic warfare suite

Plz, no bully.
>>
>>44786437
Which anime is the terribly unfortunate lass in the gif from?
>>
>>44787209
I too identify as shipkin. All these terrestrial scum say that we can't be ships but I'll show them. I'm going to have a surgeon attach twelve inch guns, and then we'll see who's laughing. Fucking tincanphobics.
>>
If I used transformative wings from Darkstalkers to turn my shadow into a limb, and then took black of night from Fallen London, would I be able to treat my separated shadow as an extension of myself rather then a separate entity?
>>
>>44787209
Do Shipgirl weapons hit with the full power of their ships or scaled down to size?
>>
>>44787389
General consensus elsewhere is yes.
>>
File: japanmirai.jpg (482 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
japanmirai.jpg
482 KB, 800x600
>>44787316
In every way, except physical, I am an Arleigh Burke-Class Destroyer

>>44787389
I honestly don't know, but I would wager the creators of bote sluts didn't think that deeply about it.
>>
>>44787405
I just want you to know, I hate you for making me want to play Generals again.
>>
File: SABER WARS.png (127 KB, 800x300) Image search: [Google]
SABER WARS.png
127 KB, 800x300
>>44787405
Speaking about crossover pics.

Jumpers, what your favorite crossover between two franchises that you have inadvertently created through your presence
>>
>>44786437
Well, there was the time I took the "The Stars Are Correct" drawback from Magicka. See, my reasoning was that both Cthuhlu and Assatur die pretty much instantly to a vortex magick being placed on top of them, so I figured dealing with all the old ones would be a walk in the park. I was right, for the most part, minus a few very close calls. What I didn't account for was that they kept coming back. Turns out mortality doesn't apply to them the same way it does puny mortals, who would have thought? So it was 10 grueling years pretty much constantly fighting old ones and their minions (they're not nearly as strong as in the lovecraft universe, but still). And naturally due to the nature of the world of Magicka it was just me and my companions doing all of the work. Don't make my mistake, kids. If you think you can take on the old ones in any shape or form, you probably can't. I left that world on the edge of ending. Some day I'll have to go back and fix the mess I caused.
>>
Does Spyro or THA have a WIP of KH that they can show us? Would be nice to see what they've got for us if possible.
>>
>>44787518
Nope, but it's chugging along.
>>
>>44787564
Alright, thanks.
>>
>>44787429
Naruto and Bleach.
>>
>>44786809
That's not really relevant to the fact that the post you called an argument wasn't one, and was in fact a post helping another anon fill their request.
>>
>>44787429
Pacific Rim and Godzilla.
>>
>>44787429
Is this a real thing?
>>
File: Abstract kind of buddy.png (614 KB, 819x983) Image search: [Google]
Abstract kind of buddy.png
614 KB, 819x983
>>44787429
Strike Witches and Ace Combat
>>
>>44787770
Search your feelings and the website for Fate/Grand Order, you know it be true
>>
File: 1381435660_407b562319_b.jpg (608 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1381435660_407b562319_b.jpg
608 KB, 1024x768
>>44787429
I mean. I don't really cause any more crossovers than what becomes of my companions following me from world to world.

I give Bowser full command of the Waddle Dees whenever he's out, in addition to miscellaneous resources. That goes about as well as you'd expect. I prettymuch let him do whatever the hell he wants.
Malefor's usually sulking around somewhere, although he's much smaller than people here know him as.
If you can imagine Excalibur interacting with just about anyone, that's probably a thing that's happened.

Oh, and Bass gets a kick out of throwing himself at the big badasses of whatever setting. Occasionally he gets his ass kicked. A lot of times, though, he damn near tries to ruin the setting.
I remember, I was having a grand ol' time antagonizing the shit out of Obito at the tail end of that whole thing, when I just stepped in and ruined his plans. And everyone's pissed off, and the whole world's freaking out and mobilizing because Hidden Rain just turned into some mammoth super fortress, and then suddenly out of nowhere Bass, who's been biding his time the whole jump, just steps in and says, "NOPE. FUCK ALL THAT."
"I'M FIGHTING EVERYONE."

"I'M. FIGHTING. EVERYONE."
>>
>>44781066
Hey guys?
>>
>>44787856
Who's Bass? Where's he from?
>>
>>44787885
You could've looked through literally every jump document by now. Get off your ass and do it yourself if no one has shown any interest in 8 hours. 8 hours man.
>>
>>44787891
Megaman. Bass is Wily's megaman.
>>
>>44787891
He's from Megaman.
>>
>>44787885
Um. Nechronica has anti-Madness perks you can use on others, is that close enough?

And there's also Forgotten Realms and Order Of The Stick, which have spells like Remove Curse, Dispel Evil, Heal and Heart's Rest spells?
>>
>>44787885
Oh and of course Magical Purification Blast from Generic Magical Girl.
>>
>>44787909
I fell asleep before I could ask.
>>
>>44787429
Hellsing/Twilight. Promised him whole new worlds full of humans who might be up to the job, and fantastic sights to see in the meantime. Hit Twilight, realised I had to import him as a Vamp with Fanmode. I just couldn't resist it. Had to roll a new chain aftwards. Still so worth it, for that one glorious moment as the drawback ended.
>>
>>44787992
huh what? you literally asked right here >44781066
>>
>>44788012
Before I could post the other thing, I mean.
>>
>>44781943
>I'm worried of stepping on the Light of Terra jump's toes regarding that.

I told you I was cool with that, in fact I'm pretty sure I remember encouraging you to go for it.

I also suggested a follower of Necoho or Malal option so people could be Chaos warriors without all that unfortunate eating babies stuff.
>>
>>44788019
>Without all that unfortunate eating babies stuff
>Malal
>>
>>44788019
>>44788094
Zuvassin a best, because if there is any baby eating to be had, his job it to steal tableware, and unscrew the salt and pepper shakers.
>>
>>44788019
>>44788094
>>44788123
We just need one more and we could do a Chaos Undivided deal with minor gods.
>>
>>44788123
Yeah, and if there's any baby birthing to be done he'll be right there tripping up the midwife and dunking his nuts in the basin for hand-washing.
>>
>>44787936
>>44787947
Thanks Anons, the Civilian perks from GMG seem especially useful to my purposes.
>>
File: dentist-drill.jpg (28 KB, 704x396) Image search: [Google]
dentist-drill.jpg
28 KB, 704x396
>>44787891
Bass is from Megaman! Listed as "Mega Man Classic" in the jumps with images folder.
He's a super fighting robot who was built by and works for the evil Dr Wily in his quest to take over the world! Bass's only directive is to defeat his rival Megaman. That's... pretty much his ONLY directive. As a consequence, he often disobeys Wily and gets pissy as hell if Wily seems like he's got a real shot at taking Megaman down without him. He loves fighting and is obsessed with proving his strength.
You've probably seen similar characters in other works.

MY Bass comes from the Megaman Megamix manga, which is a slightly more psychopathic version with... nonetheless a strange sort of honour. He's not interested in fighting noncombattants, thinks taking hostages is for chumps, and really loves his robot dog to the point of self-sacrifice. Nonetheless, he be crazy as shit, and will happily launch himself into a hailstorm of gunfire while blasting everything in his way.
He joined me after I beat him in a fight (which consisted first of a touhou battle with my Spittle Runner, which he shot down like it wasn't even a thing, and then progressing into me climbing out of the wreckage and punching him in the jaw, which he did not get up from).
Afterwards, I promised to help him become the STRONGEST ROBOT if he'd follow me, and... honestly? I've basically been doing that. I upgrade him fairly constantly, and he's pretty fucking ridiculous by now.

And yet... it's never enough for him.
>>
>>44787429

Haven't gotten that far yet, but I intend to combine Samurai Jack with Soulcalibur somehow.

Not sure whether I wanna bring Jack to the Soulcalibur universe or jack the Soul Swords and bring them to the future where Aku's evil is law...
>>
>>44788197
>Two horribly evil, corrupting swords.
>Bringing them to Aku who will no doubt use them to further enforce his evil as law.
>>
>>44788202
Anon, you do realize that not all Jumpers are good guys, right?
>>
>>44788202

Well, I'm taking the drawback that gives me three opponents from previous jumps, so odds are he's going to be one of them anyway...

At least if I'm the one bringing them, I can use them against him... Well, maybe I can use Soul Calibur against him. Maybe not so much Soul Edge. But as much as his evil is law, he doesn't control the forces of law itself, so Soul Calibur should still be effective. As long as it doesn't get stolen...
>>
>>44788237
Sure, but anon should be aware of what he'll bring about. Especially with Soul Calibur, a lot of people, in setting and out, assume it to be a good sword, and to be fair it was only later in the games where they made it evil, but obviously it's bad too now.
>>
>>44788251
Isn't it less that it's evil, and more that it's not good? It only exists to destroy Soul Edge, not as some Karmic counterpoint, that's just what it does. It puts everything below that goal... everything.
>>
>>44788281
It eventually goes full SMT Law on the world and wants to freeze it eternally in ice to stop any chaos or conflict.
>>
>>44788286
Huh. Didn't see that coming.
>>
>>44788251

...I didn't know this. I thought Soul Calibur was Lawful Neutral. Okay, that... could have been a horrible idea. Of course, it's also one that probably would have amused Jumpchan. Not gonna be so amusing now that I know about it, even if I go through with it anyway. Eh, I'll find some other way to make it up to her.

>>44788237
You tried to stick up for me, and I just proved the other guy right that I'm actually just retarded. I'm sorry.
>>
>>44788294
Soul Calibur is Lawful Law. It doesn't do anything out of malice, once it goes crazy at around SC 4 it simply pursues absolute Law.
>>
File: Echo.jpg (62 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Echo.jpg
62 KB, 1280x720
Jump #05: Captain Planet
Origin: Planet Spirit

-Perks-
Sanctum Sanctorum (Free)
Why I Chose You (Free)
Search The World (-100CP)
Gaia's Fury (-200CP)
Call The Champions (-500CP)

-Items-
Fancy Purple Dress (Free)
Projector (-100CP)
Global Super Computer (-100CP)

-Drawbacks-
Hokey 90s Dialogue (+100CP)

Domain: Video, Concrete, Earth

So, I buy a Penthouse suit in New York and make it my Sanctum. I spend the Jump alternately managing my TV show that I star in as a person with a TV for a head trying to fit in, and helping the Planeteers whenever they come by.
>>
File: Antispiralshocked.png (190 KB, 393x453) Image search: [Google]
Antispiralshocked.png
190 KB, 393x453
>>44788294
HELLO THERE, DID SOMEBODY MENTION HORRIB̨L̀E҉ ͞ID̨EAŚ?҉!

Because while we don't know too much about Soul Caliber, it sounds like you could make mad cash from a pay-per-view Ultimate Fighting Championship-style death battle if you imported both those swords as Heirlooms in Binbougami-ga.

>>44787429
40K and Madoka, and 40K and Madoka. As in, a crossover spanning canon 40K and canon Madok, occuring within a setting that was already a crossover of 40K and Madoka.

Specifically, MGNQ.

Long ago in a distant land, long before we were any kind of god, we helped a certain pinkette realise her destiny as the goddess of multiversal hope without any of her friends dying. In return, she made us into one of her angels and together with her best friend, we hunted the demons born from man's inhumanity to man after Madoka shattered entropy and rebuilt the multiverse.

Thousands of years later in MGNQ, as we were inducting some Sisters of Battle as magical girls, a very familiar dark presence noticed a familiar fragment of power. A tiny, mostly untarnished spark of Madokami's power remains within the deepest recesses of our being to this day, though at the time we were just trying to find our feet in between Homura being an amnesiac detective and the weird warmaster magical girl setup.

When she realised how we'd received that power. And that she might have avoided a great deal of misfortune if only we'd existed in her timeline to aid her.

Well...

...suffice to say that anyone who likes yanderes has never actually had to deal with one with a serious chance of inflicting horrible agony on you.

>>44787340
If Black of Night is based on what we think it is, we don't think so.

If you do want to start eroding the identity between yourself and your shadow we'd recommend taking ABSTRACTED THOUGHT from Problem Sleuth and also Real Eater from Medaka Box to treat the incarnated shadow as an extension of yourself rather than an independant being.
>>
>>44787389
>>44787405
Well, in the Cambodian flip book here's how it works. A shipslut fires her weapon, let's say she's a BB and she's firing her main gun. Those guns are scaled down in size to match her body, and the rounds with them. However, as the round travels /away/ from the BB it returns to its regular size, 16", and hits with that force.

So the short answer, is that the weapons hit with the force of their full sized counterparts.

>>44787209
>>44787405
>all these shipsluts in thread
If this weren't single player, or I would hold your hands until you couldn't feel sad for weeks.
>>
>>44787429
SW and CIV.

I rolled Russia in SW and chose the no aliums option. I thought I'd be good with some good 'ole fashion Nazi killin', but I just got irritated by the Reds, so I led a SW counter-revolution and established an Imperial Arcanocracy with witches as the ruling class.

After wrapping up the war, I started rebuilding their society along the techno-social lines I wanted and, since I had some time left, I more or less conquered Europe. Given everything that I was offering and how much power I had, it wasn't that hard.
>>
>>44788498
This makes no sense. But its magic so it doesnt have to.
>>
>>44788498
I'd be a bad waifu anyway anon
I'm too busy defending your freedoms to be there to hold your hand
>>
>>44788496
What is it Black of Night is based on?
>>
>>44788542
Blame the fairies.

Those damn fairies are too adorable.
>>
File: Antieh.png (139 KB, 399x330) Image search: [Google]
Antieh.png
139 KB, 399x330
>>44788563
Um...this is just conjecture, mind. So Clover might have a different answer, this is speculation based on stuff that happened during Christmas in the game.

But essentially-the tears of the Bazaar, Lacre, has a number of properties ranging from the curative to the destructive. When it's snowing lacre, if you have a bucket of the stuff it turn into a humanoid golem called a Noman. Basically, a doppleganger of yourself made of frozen space crab tears-that inevitably gets sad because, y'know, it's literally made of sadness and also inevitably melting. If you don't befriend yours, they can become...unpredictable. Potentially violent, apparently. The Masters have Nomans made of them at Christmas that are basically Santa Claus, taking gifts instead of dispensing them. Which also inevitably melt at during or at the end of the 12 days of Christmas.

Now, that's not...quite what's going on here of course since Black of Night's doppleganger is made of shadows not tears but the general theme of a spooky version of you with your traits but skewed and also more vulnerable to existing too long seems to be derived from that idea.
>>
>>44788567
...how do Kantai fairies even work? Are they like symbiotes? Do they just sort of...bud from shipgirls?
>>
>>44788924
There the equivalent of your gut bacteria.
>>
>>44788961
It's theoretically possible to get so sick you have an overabundance of of them and everywhere you walk you're obscured by a cloud of fairies?
>>
>>44786437
Took the InFamous drawback "Stalker" without reading it properly. It says they have the same level of power and gear as you. I figured, fair enough, I'm a mid-tier Jumper, this should be easy to make up for.

It does not specify that they will have the same level of power and gear as you get from InFamous.

And that's the stir of how I got my shit kicked in by the God-Emperor of Conduit-Kind.
>>
>>44788498
Conservation of energy m8
It's like Mass Effect all over again!
>>
>>44781190
Oh thank God. Someone who might actually do Slaanesh right is going to do this Jump.
>>
File: tumblr_o038ablqj41rx9xdlo1_1280.jpg (608 KB, 1280x1599) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o038ablqj41rx9xdlo1_1280.jpg
608 KB, 1280x1599
>>44783510
TRAITOR!
>>
>>44788496
>Long ago in a distant land, long before we were any kind of god, we helped a certain pinkette realise her destiny as the goddess of multiversal hope without any of her friends dying.
How did you manage that, given that the whole jump happens before the show?
>>
>>44783510
Did you buy return for your warehouse? My housetule is every 5 to 10 jumps you can use return to go back with no cp but also no drawbacks. Return is just so massively overpriced otherwise imo.
>>
>>44788983
They're usually on the inside, unless mission or shenanigans. So if you had too many you'd probably just be bloated.
>>
>>44789246
Yeah, it's even worse than Pods.

I also house rule that if you companion import a Pod Person they lose their status as Pod Person, because fuck that shit.
>>
If I take space as the focus of my magic for sorceress in Final Fantasy 8 what exactly will that be able to do?
>>
File: antspiralhuman.jpg (12 KB, 292x165) Image search: [Google]
antspiralhuman.jpg
12 KB, 292x165
>>44789144
Oh, we used The Return to...return afterwards.

>>44789283
...this raises so many questions. I know I shouldn't take a JRPG trading card game so seriously but...enquiring minds must know

1. So...basically, when a shipgirl is getting ready for combat tonnes of fairies start crawling out of their mouth please let it be the mouth in preparation for deployment? And when the mission's over, they crawl right back in? Or is it like amoebas and they just sort of wedge their way back in like Pillar Men?

2. Does this mean it's theoretically possibly to die from having too many fairies and all the fairies chestbustering out of your body?

3. Is it possible to genetically modify shipgirls/fairies? Can you give fairies smaller fairies? How deep does the rabbit hole go?
>>
File: The Commisar Knows.jpg (69 KB, 960x607) Image search: [Google]
The Commisar Knows.jpg
69 KB, 960x607
>>44789110
>>
>>44789471
The bullets are fairies. The planes are fairies. The shipgirl is simply the biggest fairy.
>>
>>44789525
Around fairies watch yourself.
>>
>>44780615

DnD also has Craft Contingent Spell - which is crazy, as you can set up to "quite a few" of them with very generous triggers.

It also has spell traps, which are brokenly good ways of getting lots of spells cast for cheap.
>>
>>44789471
>1. So...basically, when a shipgirl is getting ready for combat. . .
The only fairies that crawl around outside are the pilots, and typically you don't even see them until they're in their plane and they've left the shipgirl. Different shipgirls launch their planes differently, cards, arrows, etc, and the same applies to how they recover their planes.

>2nd spoiler
We've seen their mouths when recovering wayward fairies, and I've never seen one enter or exit that way. Also, for lulz or what have you, recovery is played up as somewhat personal. THAT personal.

2. Does this mean it's theoretically possible. . .
Eh. Fairies are more or less the spirits of the crew, so unless the crew was dangerously overstrength to begin with then that shouldn't be an issue. As for whether its theoretically possible? Depends: how many angles do you think can dance on the head of a pin?

3. Is it possible to genetically modify shipgirls/fairies? . . .
Yeah, no clue there. That level of detail makes me scratch my head too. Like, how do you upgrade their equipment? Do you need to wait for them to manifest their gear and then go to work, or can you just hand them shit and let their own DC groups work it. Upgrading is a thing in the game and the animoo, so it's possible. But as for how its possible? I dunno.

My guess would be that it's a combination of mechanical engineering, genetic engineering, and, perhaps, spiritual engineering.
>>
>>44783613

Turn him into a Reyvateil and go on a delightful Dive trip through his cosmosphere, interacting with deeper and deeper layers of his psychological problems and risking death and insanity until you reach his roots and help heal his incomplete mind.

And then you marry him, because that's how it works.

Cosmospheres are also quite resilient and capable of regrowing lost or damaged emotional capabilities - which is what happened to Mir. Might not work if you never had them to start with, but they're essential to being a Reyvateil anyway so it's probably part of the package.
>>
>>44789589
It's around fairies be wary.
>>
>>44787309

"Sasami-san@ganbaranai"

It's not bad actually, though it never had time to live up to its potential. She's a divine robot constructed from the torn-up corpse of the japanese god of fire.
>>
>>44789443
I dunno, warp space to make Escher-like environments? Teleport and make portals? Maybe telekinesis-like object moving? Make things that are bigger on the inside?

Your attacks would probably deal percentage based damage, since that's what gravity spells do in FF.

Or did you mean you're taking Space, by which I mean the stuff outside of Earth's atmosphere, as your element?

In that case, probably the ability to create vacuums, fling star-shaped bursts of energy at people, lots of varied gravity manipulation, and conjuring giant rocks that look like planets to smash people with. Maybe cosmic radiation too.
>>
>>44789783
Both sound really good.
>>
>>44789732
Is it only regular shipgirls that have fairies or do Abyssals have them too?
>>
>>44789443
I took space as mine as well. >>44789783 brings up an important point. Do you mean space as in spess, or space as in matter, energy, space, and time.
>>
>>44789850
Presumably Abyssals would have them as well, as fairies are who repair the shipgirls so it's an easy step to assume that the same thing exists for Abyssals.

Though if you're talking about fighter fairies, not so much. Abyssal fighters look and operate more like drones.
>>
>>44789861
Well it said space was an option and I just meant dpace as in space and time. Not outer space.
>>
>>44789906
Then I'd go with >>44789783's suggestion. I went with outer space as my bit.
>>
So I have a question: Copycat says you can copy magic if you have the correct power source. Does this mean you could at least use it to pick up the basics of a type of magic for Fairy Tail?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.