[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>She's the all-powerful ruler of the city at the centre
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 15
File: LadyofPain.jpg (64 KB, 385x500) Image search: [Google]
LadyofPain.jpg
64 KB, 385x500
>She's the all-powerful ruler of the city at the centre of the planes that connects to every place in the multiverse!
>She's so mysterious that she never ever speaks!
>She's so dangerous that touching her shadow will flay you alive!
>The only time a god got inside her city, she killed him!
>She hates the gods so much that she'll kill anyone who worships her!
>She's the Lady of Pain!

Of all the terrible parts of planescape, the lady is clearly the worst. She's almost 40k tier in its over the top stupidity, but the 'satirical' excuse. It's a fucking miracle that planescape: torment was able to rise above the cage of its shitty setting to be as good as it is.
>>
I predict this thread will get 30+ replies.
>>
>>44775762
you guessed wrong
>>
>>44776205
Either everybody hates planescape like I do, or nobody cares about it. Either way I'm vindicated.
>>
The Lady is the only part I really dislike.
>>
OP, /tg/ population now is composed of kids that were born when this setting and AD&D was relevant.
Most of them wouldn't hadn't played Planescape:Torment if it wasn't on Steam.
>>
>>44775711
Dem titties, tho
>>
>>44775711
>treating the Lady as though she were a character
First mistake.
>shitposting
Second mistake.
>>
>>44775711

Planescape as a whole is fucking dumb. There's only one good thing about the idea of Planescape and it's the concept of having a place where pretty much anyone can get together to do business no matter what side of the Blood War or good/evil divide they're on. Thing is, you don't need stupid bullshit like the Lady of Pain to make it happen. It's a reasonable thing to expect in such a setting, and having a Lady of Pain who steps in is just a tool for DM Arbitrarium. I mean hell. Even at the height of the Cold War we made deals with the Soviets here and there. You don't need a badly-written plotstick to make that whole sort of thing a possibility.
>>
File: 1446603552263.png (80 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
1446603552263.png
80 KB, 500x501
>>
>>44777197
Without lop, that place couldn't function.

If the gods could meddle there...it wouldn't work.
>>
>>44777288
That's ridiculous. If the Soviet Union and the US can make backroom deals at the height of the Cold War, while fighting hot proxy wars, the agents of the gods can make backroom deals. The Lady of Pain is a useless joke made by people who don't understand realpolitik, for people who don't understand realpolitik. After all, the gods have even less reason to care than any mortal, because they can just hole up in their own private plane and spend their time snorting coke off of the ass of a peculiarly hot follower, taking a moment here and there to toss off spells to their followers. If the Lady of Pain hadn't killed that god, every other god would've because he was trying to fuck up everything. At no point is the fiat-stick necessary there.
>>
>>44775711

I agree. When I ran Planescape I took her out of the setting. I just didn't allow gods or divine powers to enter or work in Sigil, with no explanation given.
>>
>>44777549
I think you greatly misunderstand the point of Planescape.
>>
>>44775711
Yeah, she's pretty shitty.
But at least she got her comeuppance when Vecna raped her.
>>
>>44776728
are you sure? AD&D stuff still seems to get some replies.
>>
>>44777549
Its written in a planescape novel, that the gods want her power over pain, and the city.

Picture it as more like the US & Commies both want an all powerful mcgruffin.

No deals. No bargaining. Must never allow the other side to get it. So what's to bargain?
>>
>>44779231
Most of the posters who are old enough to have played AD&D when it was new are too old to get drawn into entry-level bait threads like this one.
>>
File: 762.jpg (39 KB, 680x784) Image search: [Google]
762.jpg
39 KB, 680x784
Shes there to keep balance.
>>
File: Kai Lol!.png (30 KB, 155x156) Image search: [Google]
Kai Lol!.png
30 KB, 155x156
>>44775711

>HURR DURR I DON'T LIKE THING
>>
File: what this I don't.png (152 KB, 746x747) Image search: [Google]
what this I don't.png
152 KB, 746x747
>>44777288
>Without lop, that place couldn't function
>>
>>44777549

Realpolitik doesn't mean anything when you have a magic nuh-uh.
>>
>>44775762
Fuck it let's do this.
>>
>>44775711
>tumblr nose

Ugh, shiteating femkikee plz go with your awful mary-sue donut steel OC
>>
Just bring in the immortal's handbook, stat her, then throw the same handbook at the players and say "try"
>>
File: Lady of Pain.jpg (289 KB, 586x783) Image search: [Google]
Lady of Pain.jpg
289 KB, 586x783
>>44775711

I thought the Lady of Pain was more of a force of nature than an actual character. Or a personification of Sigil itself.
>>
>>44775711
Let's analyze these because it's a slow night.

>She's the all-powerful ruler of the city at the centre of the planes that connects to every place in the multiverse!
She can hardly be said to "rule" Sigil any more than a river rules a city. She gives no edicts and has no followers except the Dabus, who themselves issue no orders or provide no social impact beyond bizarre construction.
It's not even clear if it's possible for her to speak.
That's like saying a volcano is so dangerous that jumping into lava will burn you to death. It's a natural feature.
That's somewhat accurate. And then the second time a god got inside Sigil, she was powerless to resist and the multiverse was nearly destroyed.
Nobody knows why she doesn't allow worship.
>She's the Lady of Pain!
And Her Serenity is nothing but a pleasant background feature to nearly everyone in the Cage, like a garden ornament or a statue.
>>
File: they think.png (137 KB, 500x453) Image search: [Google]
they think.png
137 KB, 500x453
>>44784596
This guy gets it.
Shes just part of life. Like taxes. or hookers.
>>
>>44775711
The lady is the force that keeps Sigil a neutral zone, she's essentially omnipotent in it's bounds because she is intrinsically tied to it's maintenance: it's her sole function and domain so all her powers are concentrated there.

Sans The lays Sigil would just be another blasted battleground: she's the force that keeps all the disparate opposed powers in Sigil from open warfare for control over the place.

Sans the lady, Sigil ceases to serve as Sigil and just becomes the Detroit of planes.
>>
>>44775711
>Of all the terrible parts of planescape, the lady is clearly the worst

Youre a terrible person, with truly terrible taste in what i can only assume from this statement in everything.
>>
30 Replies!
>>
>>44786409
As the prophecy foretold!
>>
>>44775711
>Of all the terrible parts of planescape, the lady is clearly the worst. She's almost 40k tier in its over the top stupidity, but the 'satirical' excuse. It's a fucking miracle that planescape: torment was able to rise above the cage of its shitty setting to be as good as it is.
Jesus! why are you so damn salty?
>>
>>44786409
>>44786654
We did it reddit!
>>
>>44777549

No, you don't seem to get what Sigil is.

Sigil Is the Cage and the Center of the multiverse because it has EVERY PORTAL, to EVERYWHERE in it, whoever holds sigil controls who can go where in the outer and inner planes. Without the Lady of Pain or some other kind of walking cuckshed for minmaxing powers the city would be an infinitely sided warzone to control the portals.

Like shit, why do you think the guvnors and mercykillers make illegally toll gating portals punishable by the Wyrm?
>>
>>44775711
>not liking the idea beyond the Lady of Pain.
You are clearly too young.
>>
>>44775711
Problem is, any other solution besides the Lady of Pain generally end up being more convoluted or awkward.

I remember the last time we had this thread, the idea someone came up with was that Planescape was a place where people, like, just don't fight man. Why? Because they just don't, who needs reasons, fuck off.
>>
>>44788903
that answer makes no sense...

please explain.
>>
>>44791164
Hello reddit
>>
>>44791669
Reddit?

what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>44791684
"I want the reddit audience" -Dave Cook
>>
It's been a long time. So, /tg/, was Planescape: Torment ever actually good, or was it simply good-for-lack-of-anything-better good?
>>
>>44775711
Didnt Vecna kinda fucked her up during Die, Vecena, Die?
>>
>>44777549
I suddenly want to play a Sigil fiasco game
>>
>>44789069
Alright, so I'm not gonna lie. I kind of dig the idea of an infinite side war. I can see it now going through sigil is like diving into the no man's land immediate war and onslaught.
>>
>>44786621
the definition of profecy is something that has been foretold.
>>
there's all kinds of shadow wars, even planar street fights. What would it take for the lady of pain to intervene?
>>
>>44790461

This. She's not a character, she's the linchpin that makes Sigil a relative safe zone to adventure from. In a universe where everyone is engaged in an infinite war, you have to have some kind of powerful mojo to make a safe spot for low-level, unaligned adventurers, and nobody's proposed a better, more workable solution than the LotP that I've seen.

>>44792065

That module was fucking godawful. Like somone's Gary Stu fanfic inexplicably got printed as official lore. Having the LotP actually show up and talk to the party like she was a person was just the shit-icing on the shit-cake.
Like Captain Kirk noticing Ensign Mary Sue and asking for her help, only much more stupid, since as far as anyone knows, she's never actually spoken to anyone but the dabus in the history of the universe, and they're alien things that don't speak like us in the first place.

>>44792154

It seems to me the only things that draw her attention are things that threaten Sigil or her place in it. Minor squabbles don't concern her, but if someone starts moving armies through sigil or something, she'll show up. It occurs to me that worship must threaten to alter things in some way as well.
>>
>>44792038
It was actually fucking amazing and you should go replay it RIGHT NOW

It's definitely my favorite game of all time
>>
>>44792610
>lady of pain talking
reality was broken
>>
>>44792903

The writing was broken.
>>
File: The Lady of Pain strikes again.jpg (73 KB, 650x435) Image search: [Google]
The Lady of Pain strikes again.jpg
73 KB, 650x435
>>44792610
>Like somone's Gary Stu fanfic inexplicably got printed as official lore.

Venca is a developer self-insert.

>worship must threaten to alter things in some way as well.

Read Pages of Pain.
>>
>>44793014
not anon, but.... pages of pain?
>>
File: mazed.jpg (141 KB, 915x562) Image search: [Google]
mazed.jpg
141 KB, 915x562
>>44793051
A book written from the Lady of Pain's perspective.by Troy Denning. Answers questions with more questions.
>>
>>44793130
Where the hero sent by some Greek god ends up there?
>>
>>44793014
>Venca is a developer self-insert.

Not a developer self-insert, an homage to Jack Vance, whose name Vecna is an anagram of.
>>
>>44792610
That module...
I still have nightmares over it. My fault for setting my hopes to high.
Thx satan, for the reminder.
>>
>>44792610
Were all of the "AD&D 2nd Edition to D&D 3rd Edition" modules terrible? The only other one I'm familiar with is The Apocalypse Stone, and that was filled with bullshit Gotcha moments and literally includes a "hurr durr your entire background gets slaughtered and reanimated to kill you" scene.
>>
>>44777549
Just have to comment on this beyond retarded statement. The only reason that US ad Russia made deals was because there was a "Lady of Pain" around, that being nuclear weaponry. So don't pull stuff out of your ass please.
>>
>>44793930

The Lady of Pain: That's's Not Your Waifu, That's a Nuclear Warhead
>>
>>44793491
>Were all of the "AD&D 2nd Edition to D&D 3rd Edition" modules terrible?

I think so. WotC's takeover from TSR was pretty much a shitshow all around. They had no idea what they were doing, but wanted to meddle in everything.
>>
>>44792038
It still remains as the best written game ever made. Torment was released before big games required fully voiced dialog, restricting how many lines can be in the game, and it was released well after the point when computers would have issues attempting to fit the amount of shit that's in Planescape. I frankly don't see ANY situation where a modern rpg with modern requirements could ever come out and beat it on both content AND quality in terms of the writing.
>>
>>44792610
>Minor squabbles don't concern her, but if someone starts moving armies through sigil or something, she'll show up. It occurs to me that worship must threaten to alter things in some way as well.

Worship doesn't concern her as long as it's private, otherwise paladins, priests and modrons couldn't go into Sigil - the problem is with temples and organised worship in sigil, as a hallowed ground by definition can be controlled by one of the powers and LoP doesn't like that.

Aoskian worshippers are a rare exception to the "private worship" allowance because she did something to Aoska that basically gave her all of his powers over portals and left him a withered dead husk in the immaterial plane, so anyone worshipping him near her tends to piss her off in particular.
>>
>>44776728
It's not on Steam.
>>
>>44795531
I think anon was specifically speaking of the worship of Her, not just worship in general.
>>
>>44793130
More please, I really want to know if this is m kind of book.
>>
>>44775711
I tried to get into Planescape but I can't stand how the in-character narrators all sound like assholes.

>OI YOU BERK LEMME TELL YA ABOUT THE BLOODY PLANES N' SHIT

But I think the worst part of Planescape is the idea that Devils/Angels and Demons/Eladrin are more likely to ally because muh ethical alignment > muh moral alignment.
>>
>>44795903
It isn't and it really shouldnt exist either. It humanized something that shouldn't be human at all.
>>
>>44796067
The Cant is part of the character of the setting.
>>
>>44796118
And what a shitty setting it is.
>>
>>44796448
It's one of the more interesting settings produced by TSR.
>>
>>44775711
>>She's the all-powerful ruler of the city at the centre of the planes that connects to every place in the multiverse!
Two things
- She rules a hub of portals, not the city itself. It's even implied that sigil is NOT the center of the multiverse (How can a multiverse of a center?), but cagers are thick headed and won't have anyone tell them different.
- It's her realm. Absolutely every other being that is powerful enough to maintain a realm by force of will in planescape (or any setting) has the EXACT same level of power in their own domain. The lady just picked out the best spot first.
>>She's so mysterious that she never ever speaks!
No she doesn't speak, but neither do fish. Several planescape publications have shown her communicate through round about ways. True planescape fans like to ignore those sections but she has. She mostly just gets her Dabus to speak to people for her.
>>She's so dangerous that touching her shadow will flay you alive!
Yeah and tornadoes don't care if you are in the way either. 90% of the times it's not vindictive, it just happens, so move out of the way. Occasionally it is vindictive, but she normally mazes people she actively does not like. Flaying is messy.
>>The only time a god got inside her city, she killed him!
Several gods have gotten into sigil. Most of the time you don't even hear about them. Ones that have made more drastic appearance she's killed or evicted. If you are keeping score she's mostly evicted which is rather nice of her. One did completely fucked everything up whether she liked it or not.
>>She hates the gods so much that she'll kill anyone who worships her!
Openly worships. And openly worships anyone actually.
However there are several people and groups that actively worship her. One group actively AND openly outside of sigil- she can't do anything to people outside. And even one, yes one, petitioner who's died and went to "heaven" that is "stuck in sigil" to the rest of us.
>>
>>44796475
Could you restate the parts of your post that are gibberish?
>>
>>44796599
No?
>>
>>44796695
Because?
>>
>>44796726
Rambling mostly.
>>
>>44796466
Not a high bar to clear. Every TSR setting s a tepid mixture of five parts sword and sorcery novel to one part tolkein with little else. Planescape is marginally better, but it isn't nearly as weird as it thinks it is, and "grimy" isn't enough of an aesthetic to differentiate itself in a good way. It's further marred by not pulling itself far enough away from D&D's fairly crappy cosmology. Only the Inner planes, ethereal, astral are worth having. The gods and outiders of D&D never had enough thought put into them from a religious worldbuilding perspective to make the outer planes worth exploring. Compared to the inner and transient planes the outer planes aren't even half as evocative. 'The power of belief' is also insanely trite. I've only ever seen it work in Berserk (where people are entirely unaware of its existence and that same power of belief paradoxically binds them to the fate of the god that created them). They should've either obfuscated the nature of gods and outsiders more or not addressed it at all.

I'm not at all a fan of the faction aspect but that's much mord lle into the realm of "stop liking things I don't like". While my above points are also subjective I hope they could at least provide a basis of comparison and discussion.
>>
>>44796758
From that point of view it's okay. have a nice day
>>
>>44784093
I'm pretty sure the Immortal's Handbook has cosmic beings more powerful than her
>>
>>44796118
And it's a very shitty part of it.
>>
>>44783209

Exactly what I was thinking.
>>
>>44796768
No you don't understand, we need an elemental plane of salt because otherwise there would be an empty space in this chart.
>>
>>44775711
LoP isn't a character. She's more like an epic level warding spell than anything else.
>>
>>44795903
>More please, I really want to know if this is m kind of book.
I agree completely with >>44796097

HOWEVER

the descriptions of the various Mazes and their inhabitants are top-tier. That novel really inspired me to view the Mazes in a new light.
>>
>>44796475
nailed it.
>>
>>44796768
I agree that Planescape tries to be a weird kitchen sink setting because of trying to incorporate the whole of the cosmology. Most of the character and the more interesting parts of the setting are Sigil and the factions.
>>
>>44796919
I actually kind of liked that.
>>
>>44796919
I for one love vacation in the semi-elemental plane of roast beef
>>
everyone who hates planescape:
what setting is your favorite?
>>
>>44797074
Planescape is my favorite, and I hate it.
>>
>>44775711
She was mostly a useful plot device that avoided for Sigil to become a fucking battlefield.
Personally I've always loved the aura of superstition surrounding her, especially in Torment.
Also, that has to be the most terrible art EVER.
why the fuck do they need to add super tits to every female character?
>>
>>44796919
>Plane of Dust/Rust
Devoid of structure and substance
>Plane of Ash
Devoid of energy and life
>Plane of Void/Vacuum
Devoid of space and mass
>Plane of ...Salt...
Lack of ... hydration?

The first three are (attempting) to show worlds lacking fundamental aspects of reality.
Salt is just, what happened when you boil sea water too long. It doesn't even make a lot sense in cosmology because the plane of water is suppose to be made of fresh water with only pockets of sea water.

Soooo salt.
>>
>>44797145
I look at it as
dust - destruction of solid
salt - destruction of liquid
vacuum - destruction of gas
ash - destruction of energy

states of matter an shit yo
>>
>>44797145
Salt is the place where everyone is fucking pissed, also all moisture is sucked away from you.
>>
>>44797017
That's why torment works. Sigil as an idea isn't bad (aside from pronouncing it 'Siggel'). A city of portals that connects every place in the universe is a pretty good idea. The problem is that the D&D cosmology is by and large not very interesting so there isn't a lot you can put in there. It's also 'small' inasmuch as every plane is carefully enumerated. There are very few 'unknowns' out in the planes, which is something that a setting like this rides on. PS:T works because it's primarily a story about the nameless one and to a lesser extent Sigil. TNO and Sigil could be transplanted into another fantastical cosmology with just a little tweaking and it would still work. Since PS:T isn't heavily dependent on the weak aspects of the setting it was able to be much greater than its medium.
>>
>>44797167
>being pissed because there is no moisture
This is a wonderful contradictio
>>
>>44777549
Are you retarded?

The Blood War is a war between literal Evil fought solely to perpetuate itself. How in the fuck does that relate to your college freshman level understanding of realpolitik?

>. After all, the gods have even less reason to care than any mortal

Noooooope.

>If the Lady of Pain hadn't killed that god, every other god would've because he was trying to fuck up everything.

Nooooope. Gods don't, can't, and won't self-regulate each other because the scales aren't nearly as evenly balanced. It's the entire fucking reason for the Time of Troubles.
>>
>>44797161
Ah! I see. I like that.
But yet, salt still doesn't make sense in that model either. Why is it salt, at all?
>>
>>44797145
>>44797161
That sure is a lot of theorycrafting about Greek pseudoscience that was misused in dungeon crawling games.
>>
>>44797074
AD&D? Dark Sun, followed by Ravenloft.
>>
>>44797248
>Why is it salt, at all?
Probably first thing he thought of, cause fuck it.
At least you can have fun and super-dangerous expeditions there for huge cash rewards if you bring salt back.
>>
>>44797238
>Time of Troubles.
Forgotten realms only matter to forgotten realms. The rest of the multiverse doesn't doesn't give a fuck.
I'm not saying you are wrong, just nitpicking.

Gods thus far only self-regulate within their own pantheons, which generally only concern themselves with Prime Material worlds. Pantheons as a whole aren't balanced against other pantheons, for exactly the same reasons you stated.
>>
>>44796855
that's exactly the point, anon
she can't be fought without the immortal's handbook because she's supposed to be tougher than any non-third party god. Get the third party gods in on that action while giving your players access to that action as well and you're gonna have to put her somewhere on the scale. If you do not like the Lady of Pain, put her in a position where she can be trumped.
>>
>>44797061
I heard the elemental plane of teeth is nice around this time of it's cycle
>>
>>44797074
spelljammer
>>
>>44796475

Aside from Aoskar and Vecna, there have been a couple of lesser-known incidents of deific intrusion into the Cage. There is a god from the Abyss living in Sigil *right now*.

In the Cage, p63:

>GRUNDLETHUM'S AUTOMATIC SCRIBE
>This small shop’s the only officially sanctioned one of its kind in all the Cage. Anyone with the jink to cover the fees can pay the Automatic Scribe to write a document of any kind: statements of intent to purchase, promises of payments due, exclamations of passion, whatever a body needs (or wants) set down in writing.

>The Automatic Scribe is a contraption of Grundlethum Blackdagger’s (Pl/male human/W15/Free League/LN) own creation. It appears to be nothing more than a metal wall, with five small grilles at roughly mouth-level (about 5 feet off the floor) and a horizontal slot below each grille. To the right of each grille is another slot, this one vertical; a body puts jink (coins only!) in this little opening, speaks into the grille, and waits for the written document to appear in the slot below.

>There’s only one problem: In his zeal to create the Automatic Scribe, Grundlethum accidentally enchanted a flaw into the Lady’s defenses of the Cage. He _intended_ to bind some erudite elemental into the machine. Instead, a lesser power from the Abyss is pretending to be the Automatic Scribe, and already nasty (but minor) things have started happening in and around the shop.

>Chant in the Hive claims that the Blood War’s coming, led by whatever lesser power this is who’s slipped past the defenses; other rattling bone-boxes say the War’s not coming in, but berks and sods’ll be going out to fight in it, courtesy of the baatezu. In any case, before long, the chant’s certain to escalate into far worse (and far more tangible) incidents.

Also, the Harbinger House adventure has established that artifacts like the Focrux can ward off an entire building from the Lady's senses. It can even shield a freshly ascended deity.
>>
>>44797145
>>44797161
>>44797167

>all these salty elementalists

When water, ANY water not just brine, dries up it leaves behind "salts" - generally not exclusively sodiumchloride but other kinds of salts as well (generally alkali metals bonded to halogens) - that dissolve in the water from contact with soil and are why the combination of over use of fertilisers and overuse of irrigation leads to desertification in hot countries where farmers can't afford to leave soil to go fallow for a few years between use.
>>
>>44775711
>She's the Lady of Pain!

She doesn't always drink beer, but when she does, she prefers Doors equis. Stay thirsty Sigil.
>>
File: Sigil.jpg (82 KB, 463x599) Image search: [Google]
Sigil.jpg
82 KB, 463x599
>>44796067
>OI YOU BERK LEMME TELL YA ABOUT THE BLOODY PLANES N' SHIT
The Cant doesn't sound like that at all though. It IS mostly lower class English slang/dialect but it's not the same portrayal that shows up in other media. It has its own character.

Also, not everyone uses the Cant. It's mostly a Hive/Lower Ward thing. Out of the party members in PS:T only Morte and Annah talk in the Cant.
>>
>>44798246
>advertisement in Sigil
Damn, now I want to play a small-scale corporate war in Sigil
>>
>>44798246
Nice one.
>>
>>44798373
>Yugoloth hires the party to act as front men for a new franchise in Sigil
>gives the party 100gp to buy a shop and then pay for the shipment of goods to the store
>choices are a cheap hive warehouse, a lady's ward boutiqe or lower ward store
>goods are Dragon Dildos
>>
>>44800648
>then, suddenly, ESCALATION
>>
>>44792105
The idea of an infinite sized war becomes less appealing when you realize that everyone's trying to take over everyone else's afterlife and there's literally no escaping from said war
>>
File: dragon dildos 006.jpg (16 KB, 280x259) Image search: [Google]
dragon dildos 006.jpg
16 KB, 280x259
>>44800648
>first week in sigil, setting up the shop, waiting for the shipment to come through, dealing with robbers and rival dragon dildo companys' attempts to stop you from opening up by smashing the place
>second week, handling a fairly quiet shop, nightly watches to keep out robbers
>5 awkward customers:
>Sensate wants to sample the products in the shop
>Harmonium patrol investigating comes around investigating reports of "public lewdity"
>Realy incompetent shoplifter accidentally leaves a purse with more money in it than the stuff he stole was worth
>while the harmonium are in the shop
>they come back and get you to hand him back his money in return for getting the stock back prior to his sentencing
>a group of high up doomguard factors come by and bulk buy your largest and more fearsome models before leaving with their crates full of weapons of ass destruction
>"Friends of The Dragons" briefly pickets the shop before you send them away with either force or by explaining their misconception
>>
File: dragon dildos 005.jpg (13 KB, 600x360) Image search: [Google]
dragon dildos 005.jpg
13 KB, 600x360
>>44801613
>week 3
>business starts picking up
>strangely seeing a lot of big burly bashes buying dragon dildos
>takes all sorts to make a sigil
>decent number of sensates too
>making enough to pay reliable cutters to man the shop
>party goes around town handing out leaflets
>get to the armory
>see giant sign
>"LATEST FROM THE ARMORY! THE PINNACLE OF DOOMGUARD WEAPONSMITHS! The Draconic Destroyer! AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE IN THE VISITOR PAVILLION!"
>>
>>44803517
I love it
>>
>>44795561
It's on GoG.com
>>
>>44775711
LoP isn't a character, but you're too retarded to notice that anyway
>>
>>44784596
>And then the second time a god got inside Sigil, she was powerless to resist and the multiverse was nearly destroyed.
I don't remember that honestly
>>
>>44806810
Vecna
>>
File: TranscendantOrderRhys.jpg (191 KB, 750x900) Image search: [Google]
TranscendantOrderRhys.jpg
191 KB, 750x900
>>44775711

>post talking about lady of pain
>ohboyIbetit'ssomeguywhothinksshe'sshit.jpg
>"She is the all-powerful-

Literally it's the same fucking shit with you people. For some reason you just can't help but think it's bullshit someone is impossible to kill in the D&D canon. Can't you just fucking let it go that there's just ONE NPC you can't conceivably kill or destroy?

I'm at least thankful she's not a mary sue.

Now lets talk about Rhys because I need more info on her. Who or what is she all about?
>>
>>44806810
> >And then the second time a god got inside Sigil, she was powerless to resist and the multiverse was nearly destroyed.
>I don't remember that honestly

That's "Die, Vecna, Die!", one of the shittiest modules to ever get the official greenlight. It was discussed upthread.
>>
>>44775762
>>44776205
he guessed right
>>
Being given the resources to do so, how would you try off the lady of pain?
Yes it doesn't make sense, no I don't care, I want shenanigans.
>>
>>44797825
Finder Wyvernspur also got in. And got back out again, too, though he mentioned that he could feel the Lady's attention turning towards him.
>>
>>44793491
I wasn't aware TAS was a 2e-3e conversion module.
>>
>>44810701
Destroying the entirety of Sigil would probably do the trick. Maybe try to cast some Uberspell that destabilizes Sigil enough that it crashes into the Great Spire and is annihilated. Or find some way to create a rift to the Far Realm.
>>
>>44808211
Die vecta die never happened la la lah I can't hear you
>>
>>44810701
It doesn't matter what you try you will fail

It's the one thing in the game that 0layers are outright forbidden from doing

And if you decide that in your version of greyhawk shes got stats and shit then fuck you its no longer sigil.
>>
>>44793491
>your entire background gets slaughtered and reanimated to kill you" scene.
Jesusb christ how horrifyibg
>>
>>44794219
How did Hasbro's takeover of wotc go.
>>
>>44775711

At first glance, I thought that pic was that villain from Reboot. Wore the masks and stuff. Hex?
>>
>>44795701
I dident even know she had a problem with worship of the gods I don't think it's mentioned in any of the 3e books so I guess it was probably a pretty minor thing
>>
>>44808262

She's on the verge of ascending as a power or something - she's ironically closer to a mary sue than the Lady of Pain because she's got 30 levels total when you add up her 15/15 fighter/mage multiclass nonsense (meaning that she can intimidate an alarming amount of things) and her stats are kinda broken in AD&D terms;
STR 17
DEX 18
CON 15
WIS 12
INT 17
CHA 18
She's got natural armor equivalent to leather armor, and her hair is supernaturally prone to moving like it's being blown by a dramatic wind at all times, even indoors when she's standing still. She's so super in harmony with the universe that even though she's aloof and mysterious and intimidating and scary, she's also personable and outgoing and a friend and inspiration to everyone! Able to instantly solve any dispute or help anyone improvement themselves with but a single well placed word or phrase! She also has a dark and evil past but shegood and perfect now that no one holds it aginst her as she's totally perfect now!

It's another to make a dusty vomit sometimes it really is.
>>
>>44796475
I always think of the spire as being the center of the great wheel rather then the torous
>>
>>44810701
Simultaneously close every single portal to and from sigil and then erase all interplanar forms of travel.
>>
>>44797074
I tend to prefer my DMs homebrew. If I'm gonna have to deal with bullshit, I like it to be somewhat novel, if somewhat nonsensical.
>>
>>44812729

I think the whole "hallowed ground" thing worked different in D20 than in AD&D, turned from "on hallowed ground a god has near total control" to "worshippers of a god get a +5 bonus, unless they're a martial then it's just +1" so hallowing ground would be a slightly smaller deal in D20.

>>44812832
The only person who could close every single portal in sigil is the lady, so you'd need a high end diplomancer who could convince the lady of pain to commit suicide.
>>
>>44812891
You don't have to be on the inside of a room to shut the door anon. What good is an entry when its exit has been removed?
>>
>>44812766
>her hair is supernaturally prone to moving like it's being blown by a dramatic wind at all times, even indoors when she's standing still. She's so super in harmony with the universe that even though she's aloof and mysterious and intimidating and scary, she's also personable and outgoing and a friend and inspiration to everyone! Able to instantly solve any dispute or help anyone improvement themselves with but a single well placed word or phrase! She also has a dark and evil past but she good and perfect now that no one holds it against her as she's totally perfect now!

I can't tell if this is real or you're really pushing that mary sueness hard.
>>
>>44814503

Oh no, that's all straight from the factol's manifesto - she's a teifling you see, so she's got a dinosaur tail, enough scales to have innate leather armor, goat feet, extra long pointy ears and the hair that constantly waves in a nonexistent wind and might be because her hair is full autonomous and sometimes moves like snakes too.
Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.