[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
X-Wing Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 5
File: fucking nerd.jpg (148 KB, 1200x896) Image search: [Google]
fucking nerd.jpg
148 KB, 1200x896
So I've been playing X-Wing for a couple months now, put in a decent number of games running a list of 4 TIES + whatever else. Sometimes two interceptors, sometimes Vader in his Advanced. Also got the Shuttle because it's cool. I've won an okay number of games but I'm almost positive I've lost a lot more often than I've won. Any general tips for improving my game?

Also I want to try out this list because I have a hardon for Interceptors.
Soontir Fel
Royal Guard TIE (0)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Carnor Jax
Royal Guard TIE (0)
Autothrusters (2)
Engine Upgrade (4)
2x Avenger Pilots

Oh and yeah, general X-Wing thread
>>
why do you have an engine upgrade on your interceptors? They come with a boost. I would recommend throwing a stealth device on them, and that should free up a couple of points for a decent initiative bid.
>>
Like >>44774323 said, those engine upgrades are a waste of 8 points, anon.
Throw Stealth Devices on instead.
>>
>>44774213
The engine upgrades aren't supposed to be on there at all. Squad builder is a shit and added them for some reason.
>>
I got 3 lists that I'm trying to work on. which of these should I bring and how would you guys fix them?

==================
Super Dash
==================
Tala Squadron Pilot (13)

Blue Squadron Pilot (28)
B-Wing (22), Advanced Sensors (3), Ion Cannon (3)

Dash Rendar (58)
YT-2400 Freighter (36), Push the Limit (3), Heavy Laser Cannon (7), Kyle Katarn (3), Outrider (5), Engine Upgrade (4)

==================
Action Craken
==================
Airen Cracken (19)

Jake Farrell (22)
A-Wing (24), Chardaan Refit (-2)

Poe Dameron (35)
T-70 X-Wing (31), R2-D2 (4)

Dagger Squadron Pilot (24)

==================
Durability Donut
==================
Chewbacca (50)
YT-1300 (42), Lone Wolf (2), Gunner (5), Millennium Falcon (1)

Eaden Vrill (50)
YT-2400 Freighter (32), Heavy Laser Cannon (7), Lando Calrissian (3), Outrider (5), Experimental Interface (3)
>>
>>44774594
I think the twin pancake list is pretty solid
>>
3 shuttles with engine upgrades, targeting correctors, and autoblasters
>>
>>44774213
i say run vader instead of the avengers
>>
>>44776665
that sounds hilarious and gross thank you anon

Now I need to get two more shuttles.
>>
>>44776665
well, I know what I'm running at the next store championship
>>
Man, I want my Jumpmaster 5000 and the Misthunter. I wanna run Han's hunters as an epic list. With Bossk, Greedo, Dengar, Zuckuss, 4-lom, IG-88, and Boba Fett.
>>
>>44777347
Thematic lists like this make me incredibly moist
>>
>>44777508
It'd look something like this:

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum%20and%20Villainy&d=v3!e!109:27,43,110,144,-1,-1:20:15:;110:27,43,110,144,-1,-1:20:15:;116:57,23,-1,21,-1,128:1:-1:U.-1;171:57,-1,-1,122,118,128:29:-1:;131:106,23,-1,38,114,122,128:24:4:;167:57,173,172,128:28:-1:u.144
>>
>>44777822
I love it
>>
>>44778664
If they come out before the outryder cup, a local team tournament, I am a the group's token scum player. One of the things it lets the team leaders do is help choose matchups, so we made the idea that if one of the opponent's is running han in his epic list, I get to go against it, with that list. Afterall, they are hunting han.
>>
>>44779075
hunt the han, anon
HUNT THE HAN
>>
>>44779161
My only problem is that I have never beaten fat han. So this might be trouble.

My other epic list is built around my normal scum list:

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum%20and%20Villainy&d=v3!s!135:57,-1,128:-1:-1:;101:170,-1:16:15:U.43,U.-1;120:170,135,116,-1,118,-1:-1:-1:

But each of my normal 3 get "bodyguards," 2 aggressors for Guri, 2 TLT Thugs for kavil and 3 Zs 2 with feedback 1 with deadman for Cobra.
>>
File: hera-ghost.png (266 KB, 300x418) Image search: [Google]
hera-ghost.png
266 KB, 300x418
>>44776933
>>44776665
Better Idea: Ghost, with docked phantom, autoblaster turret, and accuracy corrector.
>Oh, you ended your movement within range 1 of me? You take 4 damage. No dice, no argument, you just take 4 damage.
>>
>>44780052
At minimum, from what we can tell (provided no pilot's cheaper than Chopper), you're looking at 60 pts. And honestly, if something is in your front or rear firing arcs, you're better off just blasting them with primaries and then claiming your auto-2 damage.
>>
Interested in getting into the game.

Can First order stuff fly in the same list as empire stuff?

And likewise with rebel and resistance.

>>44780052

That is bullshit on 10 different levels. tell me this is not the case.
>>
>>44781527
First, yes. Rebel and Resistance are interchangeable, and can be used together. For all intents and purposes, they are the same faction, just different names and icons. Ditto for Empire and First Order.

This means you can run the "Dream Team", of Poe and Wedge, side by side.

Second, while technically allowable, here's the deal with that Ghost combo. The Ghost has a front arc, and a special rear-arc for firing. The turret upgrade icon allows you to put a turret (like the Autoblaster) on it, and fire anywhere even outside your arc at the Turret's dice value. The Ghost's little attack shuttle has a Title called "Phantom", that allows the ghost to shoot with it's turret after making an attack, provided the Phantom is still docked. And lastly the Accuracy Correctors allow you to cancel all attack dice and make it 2 hits, which is a system upgrade. Autoblaster Turret (and Autoblaster Cannons) do not allow the defender to cancel any hits through defense dice or tokens, however Crits can be canceled, and the range is only 1.

So, here's the flip side to that "bullshit"... The ghost has no evade, and will rely on it's 16 health to carry it through. "Ace" pilots that rely on not getting hit (i.e. Interceptors/Vader) often act after PS 7 (Hera, top Ghost pilot), and thus have no problems arc-dodging out of Range 1 with Barrel Rolls. So it's not unbeatable.

And lastly, that combo requires the Phantom to remain docked in order to be used. And costs bare-minimum 60 pts, more if you want to make use of those crew slots, have Hera, etc. Which means expect a two ship build, with a boat that's less survivable than a Fat Han Falcon.
>>
>>44781730

Ok cool. I am new to the game and you made it sound like "any ship that ends within range 1 takes 4 hits and cant do a thing about it"

One thing i noticed after playing a handfull of games is that you have to buy damn near everything to get the proper cards... Or shell out mad dosh on ebay to get the good pilot and upgrade cards.

I would love for my TIE advanced to not be useless. but my options for this is 1. buy the big imperial like $90 ship or fork over $20 to $30 a TIE X1 and some targeting array thing... fuck that ill just save up and buy the cool big ass ship. but my TIE advanced will be useless untill i get those cards.
>>
>>44781874

And that ending within range 1 of that ghost was going to be a common thing**

which sounds like it will not be.
>>
>>44781874
Well... not exactly. You don't have to buy everything. In fact, there's quite a lot of shit you don't need to buy to make an effective list. Most of the stuff you will want, won't be too hard to get.

The Raider... yeah... that's one of the big downers right now for Tie Advanced. Running a Tie Advanced (i.e. Vader) without the Tie x1 Title and Advanced Targeting Computer will not be useless. But it won't be "optimal". And the Tie x1 Title is pretty slick. But yeah, you'll have to buy the Rader for it, unless you go card-hunting online. Luckily, the Raider also comes with another Tie Advanced, so that's nice. And there's a lot of pilots in there that are pretty slick, my favorite being Juno Eclipse. But until you play your first Epic game and throw that beast down onto the table, you'll feel a bit miffed about the deal. Once you do however, the Raider becomes worth every penny, and Epic games are a blast to play!
>>
>>44781904
It won't be if you're a PS 8+ ace. Which includes Vader, Soontir Fel, Carnor Jax, Juno Eclipse, Howlrunner, Wedge, Luke, Wes, Han Solo, Rear Admiral Chirpy (Decimator) Boba Fett, Dengar, or any top level Ace, and the PS 6 or 7 ones with Veteran Instincts.
>>
>>44780052
I love the fact that rebels will be able to run a "1" ship build with the phantom and ghost, something like this:
https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v3!s!155:107,120,34,126,74,160:25:3:;160:18,135,159:26:3:
>>
>>44781991
Yeah I've run Vader almost naked before and he still did work. Honestly, I don't mind getting the Raider for the upgrades and the advanced. It'll look awesome on my shelf and I still get some stuff to show for it. It also helps that I can get one marked down for the help I put in at my LGS
>>
>>44782080
I think the big question will be how much can it reliably take down? The Ghost is a beefy ship, but let's be real here... 4+ ship lists have little problem drilling down a 16 hull tank. I've knocked out so many Decimators, even with Iysanna Bin Laden, that the Ghost with only the Phantom supporting it, doesn't really scare me that much.
>>
>>44782267
Well, with the phantom equipped it can shoot twice at 2 different ships a turn, it has 4 shots normal in the front and the back, and it's a really manueverable ship, especially with Hera running it. And with Kyle katarn in the one ship and Kanan in the docked ship, every time you do a white manuever you remove a stress and get a focus. Also you keep the one ship docked until it's almost dead then they gotta deal with that thing with it's turret. And Sabine with PtL is just like BB-8 with PtL, so it can do 3 actions a round if need be.
>>
>>44783180
You're still looking at 1 ship on the table, relying on having two attacks per round, and hoping they can't blow through your shields and hull fast enough. The Attack Shuttle is good, and Sabine is a pretty cool PS 5 pilot, but I think the list is going to run into some severe problems against a good 4+ ship build. And any high PS Ace will have no problems adjusting for Hera's maneuverability, and staying out of Range 1.

And here's the real killer... All of that fancy no-dodge Autoturret won't do much against Omega Leader. Accuracy Corrector is still a Dice mod, so he can happily dive into R1.
>>
>>44784942
True, I didn't say it was good, I was just saying that it isn't terrible. Low ship builds have a hard time against swarms in general, and you can't get any lower than 1 ship. In the hands of a good flyer, it's still going to be an alright thing. Also nobody's gonna run the 1 ship build, as it also requires them to take at least one torpedo, and nobody's gonna do that on them. They aren't gonna spend time setting that up.
>>
>>44785052
Oh yeah, it'll be scary. For sure. All it takes is one unsuspecting Super-Interceptor to get into R1 and that player will be shitting bricks.

It actually kind of reminds me of running IG-88B with Autoblaster and Heavy Laser Cannon. No matter what rangeband, you're fucked.
>>
>>44785141
The autoblaster is nice cause when docked it doesn't really need an autoblaster, especially since it has its own gun at 4 shots already.

Also Nien Nub on hera makes that ship ridiculously manueverable, with her pilot ability. The only weird thing is she doesn't get an EPT
>>
>>44785273
>need an autoblaster
a turret, I mean
>>
>>44774213

Autoceptor Build:

Soontir Fel (27)
Royal Guard TIE (0)
Push The Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
Stealth Device (3)

Carnor Jax (26)
Royal Guard TIE (0)
Push The Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
Stealth Device (3)

Royal Guard Pilot (22)
Royal Guard TIE (0)
Push The Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
Stealth Device (3)

99 points total.

Enjoy your arc-dodging fun
>>
>>44785463
My buddy runs almost this exact list, but with Turr instead of Jax, and he's been adding in Vader in the Advanced instead of the Royal guard. I think it looked something like this:

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v3!s!28:18:5:1:M.15;27:27:5:1:M.15;22:57,-1:23:17:U.124
>>
>>44776665

Replace Engine Upgrade with Anti-Pursuit Lasers and Tactician. Laugh.

3x Omicron Group Pilots + Autoblaster, Accuracy Corrector, Tactician, Anti-Pursuit Lasers
>>
Can a fat Han Solo and Luke take a Tie Swarm together? I'm trying to build a fluffy campaign for my friends to get them into x-wing.
>>
>>44785705
Yes, but it takes a bit more skill than the swarm needs. Though if they are just starting it's gonna be a mess on both sides, and han is a lot more forgiving than tie swarms.
>>
>>44785705

>Can a fat Han Solo and Luke take a Tie Swarm together?

Yes, but it takes a really really fucking good player to pull it off.
>>
>>44781730
If the Ghos is builded with intelligence agent and zeb all coupled with hera's ability to change maneuver on the fly you can look at the ace's maneuver, adjust accordingly to make it bump and shoot him until he's dead.
>>
>>44785759
>>44785732
If I put Han on a diet, is there someone fluffy I can put in there with them, like Wedge? I don't really know who flew with them outside of Lando I guess.
>>
>>44785793

Not really.
>>
I need the most wanted expansion but I don't know how long their damn on the boat period lasts. Any idea when I can expect to see this expansion?
>>
Guys what should i do with the last two points? Upgrade a prototype to a green pilot?

Dash
-PTL
-HLC
-Kanan
-Outrider
2xPrototype Pilot
-Prockets
-Guidance Chimps
98pts
>>
File: Sea_Horse.png (713 KB, 2033x1400) Image search: [Google]
Sea_Horse.png
713 KB, 2033x1400
>>44786572
7 years
>>
>>44786584
You want to ditch one rocket, get chardan refit on that one and get engine upgrade for outrider.
>>
>>44786641
Dash already has it but i forgot to write it
>>
File: FAT.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
FAT.gif
2 MB, 320x240
Can't wait to run this next time I play

Rookie X Wing 21

Rookie X Wing 21

Tarn Mison, R7, Integrated Astromech 25

Wedge Antilles, Targeting Astromech, Stay On Target, Integrated Astromech 33

I used to run this list sans the integrated mechs and with Luke using R5 P9 and lone wolf instead of wedge, and had a blast. Played one game against a new guy who had never used soontir before and had him in the 35pt death machine version. Managed to kill all his ships and got it down to fel vs 4 x wings in one of the most epic matches I've ever played. Had to use every trick in the book to consistently trap Fel in sticky situations, only to have the new guy learn how to fly him. He kept freaking out about Luke and Tarn and started ignoring the rookies, which proved to be his undoing.

Once I realized what he was doing, I purposefully put Luke in a tasty killshot for Fel, while leaving my two rookies in a perfect overlapping field of fire covering him. Fel lands right where I want him, rookie get's greedy, and the two rookies got a couple of lucky crits to knock Fel out of the sky.

I don't know what it is, but there's just something to flying X Wings that leads to balls to the wall, desperate gambles that makes this game fun.

Also, you haven't lived till you've put PTL, R5 D8, and engine upgrade on Porkins. Watching porkins k turn, eat the stress, PTL for a focus/TL at Range 1, Eat the stress, somehow take no damage, and nuke an enemy ship is one of the funniest things I've ever seen. I swear to god every time I run him he hits way above his weight (kek) and just totally blindsides something opponent had with a crazy maneuver like that.
>>
>>44785653
With anti pursuit lasers I've thought of trying 3 yt2400s with them and intelligence agent to just bump people to death all game.
>>
>>44786572
Few weeks, usually. On the boat means their in transit from their manufacturers, to their shipping plants. Once it goes "shipping", you can bet on it arriving in stores within about a week or so.
>>
>>44790834
Good, I've been wanting to start up a Scum list. Not sure what I want to do exactly, but I'm going to have a Firespray because I currently play Empire. And suggestions for scum lists that include Boba?
>>
Going to a tournament this weekend. Help me tweak this

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v3!s!187:152,153:-1:-1:;184:-1:-1:-1:;184:-1:-1:-1:;70:27,23,-1:-1:-1:&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron
>>
>>44791213
That is, if you dont mind.
>>
>>44791213
How do you feel about Howlrunner? Because I REALLY like Howlrunner
>>
File: 1416297923342.gif (379 KB, 264x257) Image search: [Google]
1416297923342.gif
379 KB, 264x257
How about this Lando build?

Pilots
------

Lando Calrissian (51)
YT-1300 (44), Push the Limit (3), Nien Nunb (1), Jan Ors (2), Millennium Falcon (1)

Airen Cracken (21)
Z-95 Headhunter (19), Wingman (2)

Biggs Darklighter (28)
X-Wing (25), R2-F2 (3)

I think I'm gonna get Kanan Jarrus and replace Nien Nunb and Wingman with it, but for now, I think the build is going alright.
Basically it's Biggs going to agi 3 with the R2, evade token, and Airen dumping focus on top of it for super tank.

Really unsure on the offensive potential desu
>>
I am constantly amazed at just how shit /tg/ is at this game...
>>
>>44792801
/tg/ is bad at all games
>>
>>44792819
yeah pretty much. If anybody says they're good or that they've won anything they're lying. No exceptions.
>>
>>44792891
winning is believable, being good is suspect
>>
>>44792919
fair enough
>>
>>44792451
actually would getting Leebo instead of Nunb and getting vet instincts for Airen be better?
>>
>>44793108
Idk. I've won a large highly competitive xwing regionals. Can prove it too.
>>
>>44795654
but are you good?
>>
>>44795654
What faction(s) do you play? And winning lists you would like to share?
>>
>>44796482

My guess would be he hitched a ride on the Falcon
>>
>>44796566
Are fat-falcon lists the easy mode in this game? I hear a lot of people kind of shit on them for always doing well and being to easy. I've heard it be compared to Tron decks in Magic.
>>
>>44796615
It's very noobstompy.

Unless the opponent is actually good at staying on the falcon's tail constantly plinking away, it's very consistent.
>>
>>44796615

Kinda.

Though things have changed a LOT since last year and they are no longer a problem like they were. They are still easy to fly, but now there are more and better answers to them and the tournament rules got tweaked very slightly to make them less forgiving. Nowadays if you knock half the HP off of a big ship, you get half it's points counted towards victory if/when time runs out.
>>
>>44796869
All I know is that whenever I field a TIE swarm against a list like that I do really well. But that's also casual play so I don't know if that's just how the match up is competitively.
>>
>>44797113
Most Han vs. TIE swarm matches I've seen go in favour of Han, but there are the new pilots that should improve TIE swarms at least a little. Wampa's ability lets him ignore shields entirely, which removes C-3PO's use right off the bat.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.