[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A Tyranid Hive-ship and a Zerg Leviathan land on a Sliver dominated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9
File: hivemind battle royal.png (980 KB, 801x515) Image search: [Google]
hivemind battle royal.png
980 KB, 801x515
A Tyranid Hive-ship and a Zerg Leviathan land on a Sliver dominated Realm.

Which party comes out on top?
>>
Whatever poor fucks are on the receiving of kerrgians new super brood.
>>
>>44772512
A few choice slivers can make ALL of themselves infinitely strong and immune to anything.
>>
>>44772639
why do you ask this question then
>>
>>44772411
The terrifying answer is that they begin assimilating/infesting/copying each others until they merge in a single uber-swarm.
>>
>>44772411
Whoever does, we all lose.
>>
>>44772691
See what other people think, why make any thread?
>>
>>44772738
But what strain is dominant?

Which race has the best track record?
>>
>>44772639
Dies to removal.
>>
>>44772411
They fuse together and with the edlrazi and with the phyrexians and with the flood and they master the power of the heart of the cards and absorb every pokemon ever made and become one with the d-reaper and come to posses every infinity stone and assimilate the borg and consume the reapers and turn into the source of the dark side of the force and add everything lovecraft ever wrote about into their ranks and they make gilgamesh look like a bitch and solve every math problem ever and teleport behind you and take all your ultra-rare pepes and its nothing personal kid.
>>
They fight until you can't tell them apart anymore, then the world ends for everything else.
>>
Slivers are the best at adapting. Not only that, Slivers share adaptions with each other, so you get an army of poisonous, flying, regenerating super strong monsters.
>>
File: bloody genius.jpg (25 KB, 171x297) Image search: [Google]
bloody genius.jpg
25 KB, 171x297
>>44773004
You.
I like you.
>>
>>44772639
>>Kerrigan takes over one of the slivers
>>sliver power now extends to the entire sliver brood

Additionally, I've always wanted a "virus sliver artifact creature," which you wouldn't put in your sliver deck but would totally sideboard which gives all slivers defender
>>
File: drake NO.png (1 MB, 1169x800) Image search: [Google]
drake NO.png
1 MB, 1169x800
>>44773281
>gives all slivers defender

Truly terrible.
>>
>>44772411
Tyranids probably. Hive Mind is way smarter than your average Zerg Queen, who would be commanding the Zerg.
Slivers would put up a good fight, but not sure they have similar numbers. Plus, Tyranid weapons are made for fighting between guys wearing power armor and stuff. Pretty sure they're way stronger on an individual basis
>>
>>44773402
Zerg fight Power-armor guys, they just don't have 3 hearts and 8 livers.

And I'd say most of the elder Gods and "Snap of the finger generates a nuke"-tier wizards that Sliver rip apart aren't pushovers.

But I will give you that in a numbers game Slivers are without a doubt the most minute.
>>
File: 1450444905844.jpg (122 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1450444905844.jpg
122 KB, 700x700
>>44773004
>>
>>44772411
The slivers because they already have control of the resources.
>>
>>44773004
>nothing personal
>not nothin personnel
So close, but no cigar.
>>
>>44773402
Don't slivers own an entire reality or two? Hard to get more numerous than that.
>>
>>44773552
starcraft marine armor is a meme
its probably as durable as warhammer flak jackets.
>>
>>44772411
Both and neither.

Whatever results is going to be a combination of both.

Also, >>44772759
>>
>>44773004
/thread
>>
>>44773806
aren't realities in magic just planets more or less?
>>
>>44773900
I don't know, man. All I know for certain about magic is that it has not!Mongolian ladyboys and I'm pretty ass at the game
>>
>>44774110
>not!Mongolian ladyboys

Not familiar with that deck... Need to know more for research.
>>
>>44773900
Plane sizes are variable.
Some are universes. Some are infinite. Some are just planets or a system.
Some are a room.
Some are a person.
>>
>>44772411
I'm thinking the Zerg and the Nids both use Sliver DNA to upgrade themselves getting pulled into the hive mind. I think the Nids hive mid is stronger though as its so vast it actually blots out the warp. So when they all share the same mind they just mutually evolve together into one race. The new swarm would have the abilities of all of the others. The universe would truly be doomed.
>>
>>44774347
Also it's implied that the Nids have eaten multiple galaxy's and there ability reuse bio mass gives them a huge edge. It would depend one who's Zerg swarm and what slivers are present though as to how hard the fighting would be.
>>
>>44774399
Their* fuck me
>>
>>44774178
One of the Khans of Tarkir decks. Alesha or some shit was his name, and they released some short story all about how he was a boy who wanted to be a girl. /tg/ was up in salty flames about it for a little while because of how dumb it was.
>>
>>44772411
That would be a cool movie.
>>
>>44773234
go back reddit
>>
File: Image-1.jpg (33 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image-1.jpg
33 KB, 223x310
>>44773281
>>44773350
It's a thing, and I run it with other slivers
>>
File: do want firfly.jpg (37 KB, 399x577) Image search: [Google]
do want firfly.jpg
37 KB, 399x577
>>44774690
You sick fuck
>>
>>44772639
Game mechanics are great and all for a fluff discussion, but we don't actually know if a DDT can would count as a mass removal. Maybe Mtg fireballs aren't as powerful as you thought.
>>
File: sliver death.jpg (33 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
sliver death.jpg
33 KB, 223x310
>>44774866
Some literally say "indestructible" meaning anything.

Also, 5-6 that give a little +1/+1 bump can make a single Sliver strong as a city trampling Hydra. Then come in the hastes, double strikes, "can't be blocked" and more specific magical abilities.
>>
>>44775141
>Indestructible
>Mass removal
You do realize there are other way to remove a thing than destroy it in Mtg, right?

Also that kind of power scaling doesn't make sense in Mtg: yeah, a +1/+1 might make a Sliver as strong as a city-trampling hydra, but by the same logic eldritch gods have no chance against fifteen squirrels.
>>
>>44773281
Dormant Sliver.
>>
>>44772411
Tyranids eat one sliver and gain the Sliver subtype. All Tyranids now receive buffs from their opponents.
Neoslivers can fuck right off.
>>
>>44772979
https://youtu.be/_Pvjvg9OsBA?t=18s

Swarm has this, so this could heavily influence in either direction, depending what current leader of the Swarm might be
>>
>>44772411
>tentacleorgy.png
>>
>>44775459
>Neoslivers can fuck right off.
You. I like you.
>>
>>44775395
>Mass removal

More then one Sliver can grant all with immunity to any type of magic. And "indestructible" ensure protection from whatever nuclear equivalents Nids and Zerg have.
>>
>>44775932
Nothing protects them from sac effects, though.
>>
>>44776059
Or mass exile effects
>>
>>44773281
A sliver with a pure downside is Plague Sliver
>>
>>44772979
Best track record? Nids have devoured entire galaxies
>>
Seriously though, it's guaranteed that'd it'd end in one super FUECKHUAGE swarm. The only question is whether Kerrgian remains in control. I'm guessing the resulting race would keep her around because she's the most unique 'individual', and thus provides certain advantages. Plus keeps it out of the Starcraft precursor races control.
>>
>>44773004

> Thread
>>
>>44774399

It actually depends on how many slivers there are, and if they are killable when the opponents encounter them.

Otherwise even the meeker would be the kind of thing that makes emrakul twist her panties
>>
>>44773004
Where do the Daleks fit in this?
>>
>>44775932
Yes, on the basis of what? For what you know, a Hive Tyran's sabres rules might translate in Magic as "Whenever a creature blocks or is blocked by this, that creature is exiled" or some other shit like that.
Your point doesn't stand; if it stood, Slivers would have already dominated all the planes, not just one or two. So it doesn't work not even within the confines of Mtg fluff.
>>
Not that much of a fan of 40k, but if you compare what Tyranids are in a setting such as 40k's to what Zergs are in theirs, it's pretty clear that the Nids are a much more terrifying swarm.
>>
>>44777310
>>44777310
Slivers can't planeswalk. That's it.
They also have no real way of winning by the numbers. Even if they were fully evolved aka have every damned possible ability, they can get bogged down in an infinite sea of bodies.
>>
>>44777310
Agreed, if anything in 40k should qualify as removal it'd be force weapons, which bone swords count as.
>>
>>44772738
>>44772979
Slivers don't assimilate things.
>>
>>44778300
An infinite sea of bodies you say?
>>
>>44778419
Pretty much, even assuming every sliver can easily dispatch any given opponent, which may be overly generous, they still can't leave their plane or go into space, so even if they are spread across a galaxy size plane they still can't actually compete. Should their enemies go to them, they can hold their planet/plane probably as well as any other purely ground/air based force could potentially defend themselves against an essentially infinite space armada. Which means a nigh infinite battlefield until something stupid happens, either slivers adapting to space and becoming essentially warships of arbitrarily high effectiveness, or they get wiped out as a whole via WMD shenanigans of some sort.
>>
>>44778368
Just other slivers.
>>
File: qwerqwer.png (226 KB, 986x1767) Image search: [Google]
qwerqwer.png
226 KB, 986x1767
I love this kind of shit.

I don't know much about Tyranids but if >>44776514 is right then is something to worry about. How do they transport? Like the Leviathan Zerg ship?

Ss one anon said they're crashing in a Sliver realm so they do have the local adavantage an also assuming there is one of each Sliver in the "battlefield" pic related happens.
There's no way of destroying them if they can just return to the library (Pulmonic Sliver) or hand (Harmonic Sliver) or just flicker (Frenetic Sliver), besides being indestructible, can regenerate, etc. We're talking that each Sliver would be ~100/100 that can even sacrifice itself for the Hive or Queen.

And obviously nobody cares about neoslivers.

In order to be a fair fight the three armies should be at their prime.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.