[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SuperHuman Legacy Quest 21
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 212
Thread images: 23
File: Start image.jpg (50 KB, 565x378) Image search: [Google]
Start image.jpg
50 KB, 565x378
Your name is Thomas Cairn, and you were finally starting to get your life figured out. That is, until you managed to blow it all up. You're dad left you a legacy as the Red Rider, and you carry it as the Red Knight, a hero for a modern age. You had your own company, a suit of power armor, an AI assistant, even a girlfriend. You had a great life. Then an unlucky invention put an end to that. It was just supposed to even out some pressure systems; you didn't know it would end up blowing up like Independence Day.

In a flash of blue light, your life was stripped from you, leaving you in a plain room with an intercom blaring. You were covered in scars from the explosion you were saved from, though you quickly remedied that and more with a new invention of yours. After some mistakes were made involving the creation and subsequent escape of a viscous creature called "Kludge", you were decided to be too much of a burden on your erstwhile saviors and captors. They informed you that your mother had given up her life for yours and you had been frozen for 15 years, then they told you to get out. The year is 2033 and the world has changed.

About SuperHuman Legacy Quest: http://pastebin.com/t0GNPM0h

Archived Threads: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Superhuman%20Legacy

Tech Trees: http://pastebin.com/9uxS0teL

Plot Points: http://pastebin.com/q8wm3Lr3

MC Notes: http://pastebin.com/aNFFXTCU

Armor Loadout: http://pastebin.com/Jta4cNfX

Researched Tech: http://pastebin.com/CN3UaTbN
>>
File: LIFE IS A HIGHWAY.jpg (188 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
LIFE IS A HIGHWAY.jpg
188 KB, 900x900
The welcome sign looks the same as it always has, though that's hardly surprising since it's been this way for the better part of a century. You look in the direction of the city and can barely make out a few shining spires peeking over the horizon. It would take forever on foot, but you could probably make it. It would be preferable to ride.

Almost on cue, you see a flash of light from the opposite direction as what you think is a car careens over the horizon. Maybe you could hitchhike, you're normally pretty persuasive. The clothes the FSA gave you seem to be pretty close to your time's casualwear, a plain beige tee and some jeans, though your footwear is odd. They obviously didn't buy you shoes and instead just fixed up the ones you had during the accident. You have no clue how, considering what happened to your legs, but they salvaged your black leather loafers. You feel horribly underdressed.

>Reflex restored! 2/2

>Try to hitchhike
>Start walking towards Cosmopolis
>Write-in
>>
>>44749260
HOLY FUCK IT'S UP EARLY

>>44749272
>Find some pop cans, jury rig a simple transmitter giving out the basic SOS signal. Someone will come by.
>>
I'll let the vote sit until three come up.
>>
Whatever, 1:0 is a majority, writing.
>>
>>44749548
Where is everyone? :c
>>
>>44749734
I was doing errands, and I have to go do some more, so I'll be here, just not participating.
>>
>>44749548
I'm here now :P

Hi
>>
>>44749734
>>44749759
>>44749762
I'm okay with slow starts.
>>
File: Japen.jpg (71 KB, 600x374) Image search: [Google]
Japen.jpg
71 KB, 600x374
You start searching around for cans but are only able to find remnants of plastic, which throws your transmitter idea out the proverbial window. You find a way to make a transmitter though, an optical one. You manage to find part of a cardboard box down the road, then start shoving bits of colorful plastic in the shapes of letters, spelling out "SOS". It seems to work because as a big rig speeds down the road it slows down and stops in front of you.

"Where you need to go?" Inside is a small bald man in an orange jumpsuit and a baseball cap for a team you don't recognize. He's heavilly tattooed with logos for various shipping companies, the most prominent being Tsubasa Seafood, which immediately strikes you as odd.

"Cosmopolis." You hesitate a bit but manage to play it off.

"Looking to make it big with your old-school Comp-D biz? The get-up's pretty dix. But I can't really judge you, bump on in friendo." What? You don't understand. Maybe he's crazy or something. Don't prisoners wear orange jumpsuits?

>"What?"
>"Thank you." (Get in the rig)
>"I'll wait for the next car, you seem to be in a hurry."
>Write-in
>>
>>44749923
>>"Thank you." (Get in the rig)
Oh no, we're in a dystopian future, aren't we?
>>
>>44749923
>>"What?"
>>
>>44749923
>"Thank you." (Get in the rig)

Fucking social lingo changes.
>>
>>44749976
>>44750028
Okay then, writing.
>>
>>44749923
> Thank you
> Other
Ask about fashion, ask about his ink.
>>
>>44750118
I'll take this as small-talk, I can add it in.
>>
"Thank you." Whatever, probably just slang changes, not unexpected. You hop in the rig and find the entire interior a bright red color. As you close the door the clang of metal against metal is notably absent from the sound, replaced by a dull thud. The cupholder holds a dull brown plastic bottle that sloshes as the vehicle lurches forward. The only noise you hear is the wheels on the pavement, which indicates to you that the car is electric.

"So, what's up with my outfit? Seemed fine to me when I left." He smiles a bit, but keeps his eye on the road.

"It's pretty old-school, but definitely has the more casual look, so I assumed you're a dixon. Although the loafers might mean you're a portman, they normally go for the business look. Either or, you've got some serious vint." You might have to think on that for a second, maybe he believes you're a hipster. That would explain him asking if you were selling "Comp-Ds", probably means a compact disc.

"Nice ink."

"Thanks, I'm proud of my employers, helps keep me safe on the inside. Glad I got this job, Tsu's one of my mains. All the other Voiders got those crazy S-pows, and I got driving, so some protection helps." Wait, so he's from the Void, a prison block, but he does jobs for companies? Maybe it's like parole, all you know is that the Void is for the criminals that normal jail can't keep.

>"What are you in for?"
>"So you're saying you drive, and that's it?"
>"Can we stop for a second, I need to see a man about a horse." (ABORT ABORT)
>Write-in
>>
>>44750399
>>"What are you in for?"
>>
>>44750399
>"Sounds like fun. You've probably got more interesting stories then me. Why don't you start and we'll just swap stories back and forth while we drive?"

Talk about things we did in college, some of Red Knight's exploits (that we saw from a distance), if he somehow picks up on the fact we're a few years out of sync, just shrug and say "Stranger things have happened."
>>
>>44750440
>>44750461
I can do both. Writing.
>>
Rolled 91 - 5 (1d100 - 5)

>>44750537
Checking something real quick.
>>
File: Eureka.gif (11 KB, 255x185) Image search: [Google]
Eureka.gif
11 KB, 255x185
"What are you in for?"

"I was the getaway driver for a heist and it went sour."

"Sounds like fun. You've probably got more interesting stories then me. Why don't you start and we'll just swap stories back and forth while we drive?"

"Sure, what's your name?"

"Thomas."

"I'm Freddie. Guess I'll start." You swap stories for an hour or so, and Cosmopolis is getting closer all the while. He suddenly asks a question that even you weren't expecting.

"Your last name is Cairn right? You've got the old clothes, you look just like him, you went to CCU, and you have no clue what half the slay I say means. You disappeared 15 years ago, now I pick up some dix in the fields and he's almost a dead ringer? I can believe some things are coincidence, but living with those Supes, you learn that those are few and far between." All this time he has not looked away from the road, and he doesn't even seem surprised. Though associating with Supers often does make one more likely to believe crazy things.

>"No, my last name is Bombadil. My dad was a weird guy."
>"Bravo, I expected you to get that I'm not from this time, not my identity."
>"That's crazy. I don't feel safe riding with you anymore. Can you pull over?"
>Write-in
>>
>>44750834
>>"Bravo, I expected you to get that I'm not from this time, not my identity."
So can you you tell a Jack how he can get back to the past?
>>
>>44750834

"Though I'm trying to keep a low profile for now until I get settled in. My mom and girlfriend were both killed while I was...indisposed, and I've got some things to deal with before I go open."
>>
>>44750834
I wonder if there are Thomas impersonators. I mean, i see johnny depp and samuel jackson impersonators down in hollywood. Maybe theres a few people making a buck off that.
>>
>>44750834

>"No, my last name is Bombadil. My dad was a weird guy."

Sorry I'm late, been looking forward to this thread.
>>
Rolled 8 - 10 (1d20 - 10)

>>44750962
>>44750965
Okay, I need to roll for him so after that writing.
>>
>>44750834
"On a scale of 1 to 10, how obvious was I?"
>>
>>44751021
Oh jeez, he freaked out didn't he?
>>
File: I dunno.jpg (17 KB, 350x277) Image search: [Google]
I dunno.jpg
17 KB, 350x277
>>44751033
>>44751019
>>
>>44751021
.... in what way did we fuck his wife and kill his mother?
>>
Okay, first thing we do is we make a translator that turns what everyone is saying into normal fucking speech, right?
>>
>>44751121
No what we mean is our wife and our mother died during or because of our... predicament.
>>
>>44751121
>>44751033
It's travel time
>>
>>44751222
...Did he back up and shove us out of the truck?
>>
>>44751286
>fuck you and fuck your bomb for giving me powers
?
>>
>>44751408
Well, maybe those powers are what got him in jail. Also, can we spend those 15 years as Ink Man? He seemed promising.
>>
File: chinese-take-out.jpg (62 KB, 300x287) Image search: [Google]
chinese-take-out.jpg
62 KB, 300x287
"Bravo, I expected you to get that I'm not from this time, not my identity." He smiles, turns his cap backwards, and the rig speeds up.

"Well then I assume you don't want to waste any more time. Next stop, Cairn Industries. I know a shortcut." Freddie makes a sharp right into the fields, but after crashing through corn for a bit you reach a dirt road. Freddie whistles calmly as the truck flies over the road, jumping and shaking you so hard that you're sure that you have a concussion. Suddenly the corn surrounding you gives way to a few buildings and the dirt road is replaced by a beaten up asphalt one, not that it makes a difference.

You fly through the city streets as the radio tunes in to what you assume to be a classical station.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgzGwKwLmgM

The smaller buildings slowly rise into apartments and the blurs of what looks like a housing project scream past you. The truck eventually reaches some buildings with pagodas around them, leading you to believe you are in Chinatown as Freddie drifts through a busy rotary in between the traffic, his cargo narrowly missing at least five people. You think you recognize this road, even seeing Uncle Wong's Chinese Restaurant in a blur. Then you remember, this road leads to the river if you don't turn.

"Take a left turn!"

"I know what I'm doing."

Freddie reaches the end of the road and an old construction site surrounds you, apparently they were going too build a bridge, but stopped. Freddie hits the start of it before you even realize what he plans. The rig flies majestically through the air and lands with a bounce and a thud on the other side, which Freddie then pulls into a drift and goes along Shroud Street. He then hammers the brakes and drifts into a perfect parallel parking maneuver in a space perfectly sized for a big rig. He taps the pay meter in front of Cairn Industries HQ.

>Options next
>>
File: Cairnsium.jpg (2 MB, 3200x2560) Image search: [Google]
Cairnsium.jpg
2 MB, 3200x2560
>"Give me a call when you're clean, I need a good chauffeur."
>"Thanks for the ride Freddie."
>Get out and run
>Write-in
>>
>>44751480
>>
>>44751480
>>"Give me a call when you're clean, I need a good chauffeur."
>>"Thanks for the ride Freddie."
Boy, that was swag as fuck.
>>
>>44751480
>"Ironically, not the most vomit inducing experience I've had this week. If you want a chauffeur job, I might have something once you're out."
>>
>>44751480
>>
>>44751480
>>"Give me a call when you're clean, I need a good chauffeur."
>>
>>44751480
>>
Somebody misarchived another quest with your tags. You should archive this one.
>>
>>44751491
>>44751494
>>44751502
>>44751503
>>44751511
Writing.

>>44751544
I have no clue how they managed to get the tags from my last one and the description from my earlier ones. That's odd.
>>
>>44751544
or better yet, someone actually tells the guy who runs the archive so this can be fixed. I would but my PC cant open the chat
>>
hey.

the quest who was misarchived is mine, I don't know what happened since i archived it correctly
>>
>>44751821
No problem, send an email or message Lord Licorice to fix it and it should get fixed soon.
>>
File: Business.jpg (73 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Business.jpg
73 KB, 500x281
"Thanks for the ride. Give me a call when you're clean, I need a good chauffeur." He smiles and gives you a thumbs up. You exit the rig and are immediately greeted by how much the business district has changed, each skyscraper connected by walkways and a subway station adjacent the building. The cars all look very streamlined and some people hover by, an orange light emitting from their shoes. Everyone wears what looks like a business suit, but oddly shiny and they make a subtle crinkling as they walk.

You enter the gray monolithic tower of Cairn Industries and come face to face with a large fountain that lacks a pump, instead flowing in circles seemingly independently. Various pieces of artwork adorn the walls of the lobby and a tour group walks past coming down from a second story. One of them runs up to you and snaps a photo, then runs back to the line.

Approaching the reception desk, you see a beautiful woman with long red hair who sort of reminds you of Je- no. You don't need to remember that right now. She looks up from a tablet and smiles. It fades when she sees your duffel bag and clothing, probably getting the same impression Freddie did.

"What can I do for you today sir?"

>Write-in (I don't feel confident providing answers to this question.)
>>
>>44751867
We are trying.

Sorry for this fiasco. Make sure to archive the false one. I can't archive for some reason.
>>
>>44751907
>I'd like to speak to the CEO. Please fetch him for me.
>>
>>44751907
>"Hey, RON, Buddy, you there?"
>>
>>44751907

>Well my name is still on the building but somehow I don't think I have much real power left here. May I talk to the CEO?
>>
>>44751956
>>44751952
These.
>>
>>44751952
>>44751956
>>44751983
Roll me 1d100+20
>>
Rolled 33 + 20 (1d100 + 20)

>>44752080
>>
Rolled 61 + 20 (1d100 + 20)

>>44752080
Ready those ones.
>>
Rolled 7 + 20 (1d100 + 20)

>>44752080
>>
>>44752103
>>44752124
>>44752152
Okay, writing.
>>
Rolled 59 + 20 (1d100 + 20)

>>44752080
>>
File: Fibin Acci.png (359 KB, 500x368) Image search: [Google]
Fibin Acci.png
359 KB, 500x368
"Well my name is still on the building but somehow I don't think I have much real power left here. May I talk to the CEO?" She looks confused, then her phone rings.

"I don't understand. Okay sir, you're the boss." She hands you a sleek black bracelet and points you to an elevator. You get in and the elevator begins to speak.

"50th Floor, going -bzzt- Hello sir, it has been quite long since you left for Comet City, we shall have to discuss it over tea with Dr. Acci. I could give you the summary for your stocks right now, but it really is unimportant, know you have enough to not worry about if you can afford something." The elevator rises to the 50th floor with a ding and the doors slide open, revealing an office crammed with art and a large wooden desk in front of a window.

A man in a suit with crazy blond hair stares out the window while jotting something down in a small brown notebook. He turns around and his eyes go wide, he drops his pen and notebook then begins quickly walking towards you.

"Thomas! Wha-whe-how di-too many questions. Where were you?" He shakes your hand happpily and seems to be beaming.

>Tell him the whole story
>Omit something (What?)
>Lie (What is the lie?)
>Write-in
>>
>>44752447
>>Omit something (What?)
Don't mention the living goo we made, of course.
>>
>>44752447
>>>Tell him the whole story
We might as well.
>>
>>44752447
"What's been happening while I was dead?"
>>
>>44752447
>"Deader than a sack of rotting potatoes. I fixed it of course. Speaking of which, they didn't let me take the formula with so I'd like to get it written down while it's still in my head. Really amazing stuff, turned me from frankenstein's monster into the sexy stud I am now. A couple steps away from an injectable panacea. You got any vodka, I really need a drink."

All really fast. Overload the poor man.
>>
I'll give this another 10 because It's important.
>>
>>44752447

With >>44752610 thrown in there because seriously Bacta Tanks
>>
>>44752610
Seconding this.
>>
Pretty unanimous now. Writing and lunch.
>>
File: Paperwork sucks.gif (2 MB, 480x324) Image search: [Google]
Paperwork sucks.gif
2 MB, 480x324
"Deader than a sack of rotting potatoes. I fixed it of course. Speaking of which, they didn't let me take the formula with so I'd like to get it written down while it's still in my head. Really amazing stuff, turned me from frankenstein's monster into the sexy stud I am now. A couple steps away from an injectable panacea. You got any vodka, I really need a drink." He tosses you a pen and notebook then you write down the formula as you tell him the entirety of what happened.

"Uh, I can safely say I didn't expect that, but stranger things have happened. I'm sorry. I have an idea Thomas, it involves getting you back as CEO. The business basically runs itself as of right now, even if I have to do a lot of busywork. What I'm saying is that you could give me the job of an assistant so I can do the work I'm used to and you can go back to kissing hands and shaking babies. After we sort that out we can take you to the PR department and see how to present this." He rattles off his plan really quickly, but you caught it. A voice comes over the speakers in the room.

"That is quite a puzzling situation Sir, Do you have any tasks you want me to attend to?"

>"That plan sounds okay."
>"I have a better idea" (Write-in)
>Have RON do something.
>Write-in
>>
>>44753084
>"Oh no you don't. You think you can dump all this on me and go run off to the lab? I'm going to the supe kitchen after I give you this. We've got all day to sort things out, after all. Or all week."
>>
>>44753084
>Have RON do something.

"RON! How have you been man, help us get through this paperwork and then let's get caught up on everything that happened. I will also require a course on the new slang, never thought it would change that much."
>>
>>44753084
>>
>>44753133
This, We both need to talk to the PR hacks.
>>
>>44753133
>>44753169
>>44753186
>>44753206
Okay, Writing.
>>
"Oh no you don't. You think you can dump all this on me and go run off to the lab? I'm going to the supe kitchen after I give you this. We've got all day to sort things out, after all. Or all week."

"I was the one who was going to do the work, why do you think I was going to be your assistant?" Oh, now the plan makes more sense.

"Okay, but we're going to talk to PR together." He nods and goes to his desk.

"RON, first of all how are you? Second, I want you to help fill out my paperwork. Lastly, I need a course on slang, I never expected it to change so much."

"I'll schedule the course now. I have been doing well, I met a girl and got engaged, now we have robo-kids and I have to pay child support after the settlement."

"I have a multitude of questions."

"That was the Humor matrix that Dr. Acci installed to make me more personable. I have done nothing of note."

>Wait for PR
>Ask a question
>Tinker with something and make a gadget
>Write-in
>>
>>44753443
Forgot pic
>>
>>44753443
>>Tinker with something and make a gadget
Idle hands are the devil's play things!
>>
>>44753443
>>Ask a question
Might as well ask about how Harry (ex-roommate),Monica (his girlfriend) and the other supers we know are doing. Also, should probably ask about the jet and
>>
>>44753443
>I'm oddly disappointed. Robo babies would have been fascinating. Still, good job. If you want, I could figure out how to make robo babies work. Oooh, how WOULD robo babies work? I'd have to come up with a way to transfer DNA into a code format, all sorts of algorithms and making a body that reflects parentage...
>>
>>44753443
>Tinker with something and make a gadget
note to self: begin work on ai waifu for ron
>>
>>44753482
>>44753528
>>44753552
>>44753578
Okay, I need a roll 1d100+15
>>
>>44753552

Seconding this and >>44753528
>>
Rolled 53 + 15 (1d100 + 15)

>>44753645
>>
>>44753443
Suggest that we spin it as Tom had a deadly congenital disease and had to be frozen.
>>
Rolled 83 + 15 (1d100 + 15)

>>44753645
>>
Rolled 79 + 15 (1d100 + 15)

>>44753645
>>
Rolled 11 + 15 (1d100 + 15)

>>44753645
>>
Rolled 97 + 15 (1d100 + 15)

>>44753645
God for the god god
>>
>>44753662
>>44753670
>>44753682
Okay, What do you want to make?
>Some magitech stuff you might have gotten down.
>Something superficial
>A runic talisman (desired effect?)
>Write-in

Remember, It will only work once and it won't be anywhere near perfect.
>>
>>44753752
>>Some magitech stuff you might have gotten down.
Rez the dead.
>>
>>44753752
>>
>>44753752
Magic detector? Magic Forcefield?
>>
>>44753752
I want to recreate, as best we can, the device that triggered the explosion.

At least on a hypothetical scale. We don't need to actually make one. But I'd like to understand just what it was.
>>
>>44753752
Magical disruption 'grenade'
>>
>>44753752
>>
>>44753801
im putting my vote with this guy a anti-magic grenade prototype we make while bored is just what we need
>>
>>44753768
>>44753773
>>44753782
>>44753801
>>44753868
>>44753800
>>44753901
I'm going to go with Magic Disruption device, mostly because resurrecting the dead is more inherently magical, not magitech. Writing.
>>
>>44753942
But Lost, how are we going to play god now?
>>
could you guys upvote this in the archive? The mis-archivist has an auto downvoter somehow, and this is currently a red thread.
>>
>>44754012
>score is 0 after 20 votes

Man, what the fuck is going on over there. Theres a bunch of other misarchives as well.
>>
>>44754183
I've been trying to keep Lord Licorice informed, but since I doubt he'll respond to my emails, I've just been letting everyone know about this guy. He seems hellbent on trolling everyone for some reason.
>>
Rolled 1, 1 + 6 = 8 (2d8 + 6)

>>44754183
Antiquesting.

They've also been making lots of metathreads recently, crying about how those evil 5 to 20 threads are ruining the board that has 150 at any given time.
>>
>>44754258
>dub 1s
Oh no.
>>
Rolled 63 (1d666)

>>44754293
>2d8+6 results in 8
It's pottery. That said, rolling out the bad rolls is gooood.
>>
Rolled 7, 6 + 7 = 20 (2d8 + 7)

>>44754258
>how dare people play games on my board with built in dice for the purpose

Not that I'm pro or against a dedicated forum games board but truly, their stance is absurd.

>>44754256

Hopefully it'll get fixed, otherwise we need an archive alternative.

Anyway, dropping trip now that these magical rolls have restored your luck.
>>
File: Martina.jpg (71 KB, 260x231) Image search: [Google]
Martina.jpg
71 KB, 260x231
You think for a bit on the idea of robotic babies, then decide that it's best left for later. to quell your boredom you start to tinker with some runes and a battery that was in your duffel bag. You use a sharpie and start scribing the runes for "Magic" and "Explosion". You've figured out that technology has a nasty habit of inverting or enhancing magical fields, which are very precise according to your research. This battery should explode when placed within close proximity of a magical anomaly, then release magic to equalize the field, thus "grounding" the magic and preventing it from expressing effects.

Of course, to the unknowing others it looks like you are scribbling on a battery. You finish your work and place it in your pocket as a woman who lookslike she just got out of bed walks into the room from the elevator. She looks at you with an air of skepticism, her messy hair being tussled by the air conditioner. She has a crooked lanyard in her pocket that says "Martina Alta".

"I'll organize a press conference, surprise them with his return, then we reveal that he had a disease that required medical treatment unavailable at the time. Mention his reinstatement as CEO and then leave it at that. Your speeches from before were more than adequate 'Mr. Cairn', so you can speak after that. Keep it at 3 minutes then leave. I will answer questions, not you. Got it?" She seems a little distrusting and aggressive, maybe you could try some of the old charm.

>"Okay Mom."
>Flirt
>"Got it."
>Suggest something else
>Write-in
>>
>>44754374
I hope it gets fixed as well, but I have a feeling the boss man is either going to say it's too much work to fix everything and not do anything.
>>
>>44754414
>>>"Okay Mom."
I'd rather not flirt, we still love Jeana.
>>
>>44754414
>>"Okay Mom."

Any hot issues I should know or avoid?
>>
>>44754414
>>"Okay Mom."
>>
>>44754414
>"Okay MUM."
>>
>>44754258
I may be biased, but I don't bitch about 40k generals and "Excuse me Commisar..." threads. Even if I dislike them I admit that they are within the board guidelines.

>>44754374
Eh, a single board for this stuff has pros and cons.

>>44754421
LL has been really good at fixing archives in the past if possible when I corresponded with him.
>>
>>44754414
>You think for a bit on the idea of robotic babies, then decide that it's best left for later.

We should ask RON if he'd like to have offspring before we set to work on this.

>write-in
>tousle her hair

Lets be arrogant assholes to hide our pain, true to Tony Stark form.
>>
>>44754414
"Remind me, who's the boss here? The founder of this company, who helped to revolutionize the world? If I feel like answering a particular question, I will. Besides, I was a hit back in the tech show. "
>>
>>44754497
>I may be biased, but I don't bitch about 40k generals and "Excuse me Commisar..." threads. Even if I dislike them I admit that they are within the board guidelines.
Hey man, antiquesting is srs business, because apparently this is an untreated tumor and if we aren't erradicated the entire board will DIE!
>>
>>44754497
>Eh, a single board for this stuff has pros and cons.

Thus neutrality.

Also, maybe combine >>44754521
and>>44754542

Unless others think that's too much.
>>
>>44754414
>>"Okay Mom."
>>
>>44754497
But is he going to bother for everyone who's been affected?
>>
Okay. Writing.
>>
Real quick, I need 1d100+20.
>>
Rolled 3 + 20 (1d100 + 20)

>>44754737
>>
Rolled 18 + 20 (1d100 + 20)

>>44754737
>>
Rolled 100 + 20 (1d100 + 20)

>>44754737
rolling
>>44754760
fml
>>
>>44754780
>>44754767
>>44754760
Holy shit, I'm going to take that 100 because it outweighs the 3.
>>
>>44754780

NOPE WE'RE GOOD, OR FUCKED, I CANNOT TELL. BUT I LIKE IT
>>
>>44754780
!
>>
>>44754797
You sir are based as fuck. Just saying it in case ya didn't know it.
>>
>>44754780
What the ever living Christ
>>
You stand up and find yourself about a half foot above her. You tussle her hair jokingly. "Okay Mom." Fibin snickers a bit and writes a note.

"Remind me, who's the boss here? The founder of this company, who helped to revolutionize the world? If I feel like answering a particular question, I will. Besides, I was a hit back in the tech show." She looks at you in a quizzical way and then steps back.

"Okay Mr. Cairn, I'll trust you with this." She seems to be blushing a bit and trying to fix her hair.

"Don't worry, everybody else has Einstein hair here. You're just fitting in." She smiles a bit then pulls out a phone and begins typing a message while handing you a card.

"For if you need to contact me. I have to go fix up. Please excuse me." She continues looking at her phone as she walks to the elevator and heads down. Fibin writes a note and looks at you with his eyebrow cocked.

"Okay, I swear I didn't intend that." He nods his head and tosses you a key.

"This is the key to an Executive Suite for employees on floor 95. Nobody should disturb you. The Suite has a lab in it as well as some personal touches. A lot more... eccentric inventors have been around since you left."

>"Thank you for everything Fibin."
>"Is there a mini-bar?"
>"What a shame, I wanted to explore the chocolate factory, maybe even use the glass elevator."
>Write-in
>>
File: Yesterday's Future, Yesterday.jpg (36 KB, 470x300) Image search: [Google]
Yesterday's Future, Yesterday.jpg
36 KB, 470x300
>>44755078
This keeps happening
>>
>>44755078
>>
>>44755078
>>"Thank you for everything Fibin."
>>"Is there a mini-bar?"
>>
>>44755078
>"Is there a mini-bar?"
"Hey wanna see something cool?"
Can we make some runes, show them at work, then test the battery grenadeM
>>
>>44755095
>>44755130
>>44755172
I'm just going to tell you right now, the runes you have don't work without a) a fuckton of electricity (Not too hard to get but still) or b) magical activity to activate it.

Writing.
>>
>>44755310
Good thing we have an element that can create an unlimited amount of energy.
>>
File: FRIENDSHIP.jpg (15 KB, 500x154) Image search: [Google]
FRIENDSHIP.jpg
15 KB, 500x154
"Thank you for everything Fibin." He smiles and shakes your hand.

"Thomas, when I met you I was a huge fan because you were doing what I wanted to do, and that was enough to make me think I could do this too. When you hired me it was a dream come true because I had no other prospects. I should be thanking you for giving me the chance to change the world. Wait, I was going to say something." He flips through his notebook. "Ah, here it is. I wonder how the High School naming is going to change considering that you're alive. Questions for a later time." He jots down another note.

"Does the suite have a mini-bar?"

"Of course. It isn't free, but considering that your money bought it, I'll make an exception." Fibin quickly writes another note.

He waves as you enter the elevator.

"-kzzt- Sir, are you actually going to the suite?"

>"I'm tired RON." (Yes)
>"Of course!" (Go somewhere else, like R&D)
>"No, I want to go to Uncle Wong's. I haven't had his Lo Mein in 15 years."
>Write-in
>>
>>44755596
>>"No, I want to go to Uncle Wong's. I haven't had his Lo Mein in 15 years."
>>
>>44755596
>"Of course!" (Go somewhere else, like R&D)

Let's see what's going on in the wonderful world of Science. And then go to Uncle Wongs
>>
>>44755596
>Nope. I'm off to the Supe Kitchen! I'd like to see what you've done with the place, maybe set up a "Pay what you want" Bacta Tank in there.
>>
>>44755596
"Quick question. Were people that were already supers affected in any way from the incident fifteen years ago?"

Then to r and d
>>
>>44755677
>>44755683
>>44755701
>>44755726
Looks like we have a list. Writing.
>>
File: YOU ARE NO MATCH FOR ME.jpg (727 KB, 2004x2672) Image search: [Google]
YOU ARE NO MATCH FOR ME.jpg
727 KB, 2004x2672
"Of course RON!" You quickly check the grid for which floor is which and hit the button for floor 32. You could almost swear you heard a sigh.

"Hey RON, were current Supers affected in any way by the incident?"

"Not apparently, I assume you refer to the Blue Flash incident."

The elevator dings and drops you off at the research labs. It is a room filled with machinery and diagnostic equipment that probably leads to more rooms. The map shows the different areas, including "Material Sciences", "Electrical Engineering", "Chemical Engineering", "Nanomechanics" just to name a few. The sad thing is that the labs are blocked by a door with a card security system.

Of course, this would be no problem to bypass with your powers, but it may raise questions when you don't have an ID. You could always just get a taxi to Uncle Wong's and eat, then check out the Supe Kitchen while you're nearby. You're sure that when the press conference and paperwork are done you will get an all-access ID.

>Bypass the door
>Go to Uncle Wong's
>Go to the Supe Kitchen
>Write-in
>>
>>44756093
>>Go to Uncle Wong's
>>Go to the Supe Kitchen
I'd rather not have an incident where were we break into our own business.
>>
>>44756093
>Go to the Supe Kitchen
>"RON, I want the keys to the play room by the time I get back. Understood?"
>>
>>44756093
Question why we have such a sorry excuse for a security system on this door, and then get on the task of personally upgrading it.
>>
>>44756093
Hey RON could you bypass any of these doors for me?
>>
>>44756093
>Go to the Supe Kitchen
>>
>>44756133
>>44756150
>>44756175
>>44756187
>>44756204
Looks like you're going to the Supe Kitchen. Writing.
>>
File: Quick ThINKing.png (22 KB, 508x798) Image search: [Google]
Quick ThINKing.png
22 KB, 508x798
You decide to go to the Supe Kitchen while contemplating a security system effective against Technopaths. The woman at the front desk hands you a headset with sunglasses when you return your bracelet. It is a phone that seems to have an extremely user-friendly interface, as well as having RON linked into it. When you wave your hands the boot-up screen shows a logo of a "G" on an apple. It then shows the model, a Macintosh Honeycrisp, which sounds incredibly stupid. You're going to have to make some changes, but you use it to call a taxi.

The taxi is nowhere as fast as Freddie, but you get to the Supe Kitchen in record time, instead telling the driver to drop you off at a different house. You wait for the driver to leave after sending him his fee, and when he leaes you enter the house. You are greeted by what looks almost like a department store filled with masked men and women in ridiculous clothing.

>Meanwhile

You set down the bottle of printer ink and start looking through the prices and options for a new costume. If it weren't for the Goodwill Policy this place has, you couldn't afford jack. Totally worth the ride from Comet City. You can't keep using a black suit and ski mask, even if it does fit with the ink theme.

A few options stand out, and you can afford any of them.

>Raphael has gained quite a few abilities, including perfected Ink Constructs, Ink Armor, and Ink Skating.

>Robes and a black mask, play up the summoning angle
>A black trenchcoat and cowl, keep to the standards
>A bulletproof vest over a black padded suit and a white domino mask, emphasize your combat skills
>Write-in
>>
>>44756741
>>>Robes and a black mask, play up the summoning angle
>>
>>44756741
>>
>>44756741
>>
>>44756741
>>Robes and a black mask, play up the summoning angle
>>
>>44756741
>>
>>44756741
>>
>>44756741
>>Robes and a black mask, play up the summoning angle
That filename pun.
>>
>>44756741
> Robes and a black mask
>>
>>44756741
>A bulletproof vest over a black padded suit and a white domino mask, emphasize your combat skills
>>
Robes it is, writing.
>>
>>44756741
>A sheer black mask that looks like glass but is actually far more durable, some hockey-looking padding that can handle small-arms fire, some skin-tight black clothing that can take a knife without sacrificing movement, and a classic utility bet which is easily modified to hold several condensed containers of ink which can be refilled using regular pens if strictly necessary.
>>
>>44756949
Wow, I really like the sound of this. Is all this doable? Maybe a cloak instead of robes so we can still pull off the summoning angle?
>>
>>44756949
This sounds pretty good. I really like the utility belt. Fits in pretty well.
>>
>>44756949
I like this.
>>
>>44756949
I'll level with you, there are things similar to that in the robe, but at the quality you're asking you can't afford something like that.
>>
>>44757087
Robe, then.
>>
>>44756741

Ask one of the store employees for advice regarding the best outfit and tools for your powers
>>
File: It's cheap.jpg (19 KB, 550x491) Image search: [Google]
It's cheap.jpg
19 KB, 550x491
You pick up the robes and know that they will most likely impair movement a bit, but you could keep a lot of ink inside them. The robe has pockets on the inside, as well as having a nanoarmor padding. You slip on the mask and The eyes light up the room in thermographic vision at the touch of a button, then quickly snap back with the same. You start taking the bottles of ink out of your backpack and checking that the pockets fit them, and are pleasantly surprised that they could fit more.

You provide your Hero Card, a service set up to monitor how many crimes you stop for a discount on crimefighting gear, to the machine and it checks your person, detecting anything you didn't come in with. Then it charges the card and makes a small trumpet noise.

"Congratulations, you are now a regular! Please select one free item of 50 points or less for your loyalty to justice!" You always hated the thing's voice, but free stuff is nice.

>A grappling gun
>A utility belt
>*NEW* Zap-Cap Stun Gun
>Night-Fight Smoke Bombs
>>
>>44757259
>A utility belt

We need as much ink as possible
>>
>>44757259
>>A utility belt
Never enough ink.
>>
>>44757259
>>A utility belt
Oh god Tom is going to walk into the store and meet this guy.
>>
>>44757259
>A utility belt
>>
>>44757259
>>A utility belt
>>
>>44757259
>>A utility belt
>>
>>44757334
"Hey, you were going to be my replacement!"
>>
I wonder what you're getting! Writing.
>>
"Thank you for shopping at the POW Block! Have a Super day!" You exit the small computer shop's back room after packing up your new clothes and step outside. You had to leave the apartment a few years back after the owner's daughter found out about you. You decided to just travel around in your car, much safer that way. You've been taking the money from the wallets of muggers and criminals to keep yourself fed. Luckily Hoagie moved to a new location in Cosmopolis.

Other people would be horribly depressed by this turn of events, but you have been working on your writing. Maybe the novel will get picked up by a publisher, you sent it out to at least twenty. You wrote about what you know, a fantasy novel. You know you don't want to write about Supers.

Your car fires up and you drive towards an alley to spend the night, maybe you'll even see a mugger.

>This is important. Who do you want to pick up as next thread?

>Thomas Cairn
>Raphael Gaus
>>
>>44757774
>Raphael Gaus
be nice to see the changes to the world through his eyes until TC defrosts
>>
>>44757774
>>Raphael Gaus
We know a lot about Tom. I want to focus a bit on the new face.
>>
>>44757774
>Thomas Cairn
>>
>>44757774
>Raphael Gaus

Thomas isn't going to be doing stuff without us right?
>>
>>44757774
>Thomas Cairn

>>44757840
What this guy said too
>>
>>44757840
Nothing that you would get the chance to vote on. So no.
>>
>>44757774
I want Thomas to set up a medical wing for discreet, emergency services in the Supe Kitchen, but beyond that I'm cool with Raphael.
>>
Okay, one sec, let me get the perks for him.
>>
>>44757774
>>Thomas Cairn
>>
File: Oh the possibilities.jpg (47 KB, 800x1445) Image search: [Google]
Oh the possibilities.jpg
47 KB, 800x1445
So here's how it works, at the end of each thread, that will be a prompt. Whoever you choose for next thread will get either Tech Points, Training Points, or whatever else I come up with. THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO PLOT POINTS.

>Choose one starting perk

>The Pen is Mightier: Raphael's marksmanship is improved, gain +10 when using a pen attack
>DrawSwag: Raphael can now create clothes from ink, allowing for on the fly disguises
>Inkredible Power: Raphael can now maintain Ink Constructs for up to 2 hours
>>
>>44758088
>>
>>44758088

>DrawSwag
>>
>>44758088
>>Inkredible Power: Raphael can now maintain Ink Constructs for up to 2 hours
>>
>>44758088
>>
>>44758088

>The Pen is Mightier: Raphael's marksmanship is improved, gain +10 when using a pen attack
>>
>>44758088
>DrawSwag: Raphael can now create clothes from ink, allowing for on the fly disguises
>>
>>44758101
>>44758131
>>44758141
Okay, Inkredible Power it is. Next for training.
>>
You have 5 Training Points to distribute. These are used to upgrade Raphael's already existing powers and maybe inspire new applications of them. Each rank increases all related powers.

>Power: Strength of your powers and body
>Control: The ease of controlling your powers and your own reflexes
>Speed: The speed at which you can move and use powers
>Stamina: Self explanatory
>>
>>44758474
1 in power, speed and stamina, 2 in control
>>
>>44758474

2 in control and 1 in everything else
>>
>>44758474
Two each in control and speed, one in power.
>>
>>44758474
2 in power, 2 in control and 1 in speed?
>>
>>44758474
2 in control, 1 in speed, 1 in stamina, 1 in power.
>>
>>44758474
Let's go for one in each, for now.

Also, an extra in
>Control
>>
Tallying.
>>
File: What's that light.jpg (457 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
What's that light.jpg
457 KB, 1920x1280
Power:1
Control:2
Speed:1
Stamina:1

Okay, that should be it so.

>Thread 21 over. My twitter is @xLostCowboyx, follow it for regular updates on when I plan to run. Next thread should be Sunday. The After-quest discussion topic for today is: How do you feel about the system for switching MCs? Any gripes? Hopes?
>>
>>44758792
Usually switching MC's on a "deadly" point is bad. when things are finish it it's ok.
>>
>>44758792
>how do you feel about the system
As long as we get to develop both arcs and they join up into something cool, I'm really pleased.
>>
>>44758792
I'd enjoy it if it weren't so sudden. Make it something we can vote on, maybe?

Also, is Thomas setting up the medical facilities?
>>
>>44758889
I am attempting to make it less sudden with the incorporation of choosing which MC you want at the end of each thread.

And yes.
>>
>>44759021
Bueno. Tom really came back with a basket of golden eggs, didn't he?
>>
File: image.jpg (98 KB, 500x358) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98 KB, 500x358
Pic related is what happens on the next double critfail.
>>
Rolled 27, 3, 69 = 99 (3d100)

>>44759527
This roll is our next roll
Thread replies: 212
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.