[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Evil ways to portray classes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 11
File: 3apBU9h.png (439 KB, 450x676) Image search: [Google]
3apBU9h.png
439 KB, 450x676
>the druid who takes assassination jobs look like they were wild animal attacks and hunting accidents
>>
>the priest who does backalley healings on prominent members of the criminal underworld to fund their corrupt church
>>
Both of those are great.
>>
The thief who steals.
>>
The wizard.
>>
>>44743178
The fighter who kills people
>>
>The warlock who sells other people's souls.
>>
>Paladins who go DEUS VULT for their religion
>And that's ALL THEY'LL EVER DO
>>
>the OP who makes a D&D thread
>it's not even a creative D&D thread

Truly the most wicked of all.
>>
>>44743285
That's not a gnome bard.
>>
>>44741302
The druid that is a fucking Eco Terrorist.
> Turn common gardens into nightmarish hellscapes of carnivorous Megafauna.
> Level castles with redwood seeds and plant growth
> Execute a party with over 500 nobles by crawling through the floorboards as a mouse, using PLANT GROWTH on all of the mansion's gardens to flood the mansion with plants fucking everywhere. Then casting Wilderness Soldiers to make all the plants into hostile creatures
> Feeds the survivors to his pet Dire-Tiger.
> Sinks the Titanic with Wood Shape, while disguised as a tiny turtle.
> Kill a king by magically turning his pet wolfhound into a Primordial Direwolf.
> Sell hallucinogenic mushrooms to small children.
> The mushrooms are fatal within 6 hours of consumption
>>
>>44743285
>>44743285
I think it's a neat thread idea. Not crazy creative but neat.

Think the question could be phrased better.
>>
The bard who ruins everyone with powers' reputation.
>>
>>44741302
The bard who only plays the accordion.
>>
>>44743272
The paladin who has a deep and abiding love of hurting living, sapient creatures who cannot shake it and, in his heart, doesn't want to. He DEUS VULTs in the hope that if he destroys the enemies of his god then he'll earn redemption...and also secretly get off on hurting other people.
>>
>>44743365
The bard who intentionally plants a bastard child in every noble house.
>>
>>44743367
And only plays other bards' songs.
>>
>>44743367
BAGPIPES

OUT OF TUNE
>>
The Commoner who doesn't give correct directions to the tavern.
>>
>>44743401
My favorite description of bagpipes is "It looks and sounds as if a man has a cat in his arms and its tail in his mouth, and is biting the tail as he yanks on the legs.
>>
>>44741302
>The Inquisitor who spends the bulk of his/her time kidnapping vampires/werewolves/other "unholy" creatures and torturing the shit out of them
>>
>>44743367
You can just narrow that down to
>The bard that doesn't play the lute
>>
>>44743401
How do you tell?
>>
>Druid assassin who makes jobs look like wild animal attacks.

Fuck that's brilliant. I'm stealing it.
>>
>>44743732
Not if I steal it first!
>>
>>44743756
>>44743732
But anons.

I stole it 35 minutes ago.
>>
>>44743307

Ooh, I'll take that one

>Megalomaniacal, manipulative rock star type. Grandiose sociopath, histrionic, must be the center of attention at all times.
>>
File: mok_swagger.jpg (16 KB, 444x277) Image search: [Google]
mok_swagger.jpg
16 KB, 444x277
>>44743827
For bonus points:

>Planning to summon a powerful demon via music.
>>
>>44743581
>implying vampires and werewolves aren't evil in a D&D thread
>implying torturing evil beings is evil
>>
>>44741302
Assassination doesn't sound very true neutral to me
>>
>>44743394
You do know that, while you can't plot to murder your own children you can plot to murder somebody else's right?
>>
>>44743901
>>44743581
Ok,
>Inquisitor arrests random people on trumped up charges of lycanthropy and tortures them ostensibly to make them change form but is really into it just for his own fun
>he keeps the other local churchmen in line with fear and the global church doesn't know
>it is up to PCs to manage to escape his clutches and get some higher level paladins in there to smite his ass
>>
>>44743978
Presumably, given the title of the thread, they're supposed to be more the Neutral Evil type.
>>
>>44743978
>Implying druids have to be TN.
>Implying you can't have a druid that's NE

The aligment rules just say "neutral," anon. That's 5 whole alignments to choose from. Unless you're playing a later edition without the 3x3 grid in which case I pity your poor plebeian soul.
>>
>>44743994
>Implying the paladins aren't also in on this, believing the inquisitor to be in line with the god's teachings
>Implying the paladins aren't his underlings and enforcing his rulings.
>>
>>44744019
I was pointedly not going for the "TEH WHOLE CURCH IS EVUL", just a local villain.
>>
>>44743901
Actually in D&D torture qualifies as always evil
>>
File: Sorry about your weight.jpg (57 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
Sorry about your weight.jpg
57 KB, 500x501
>>44743901
DnD torture is inherently evil aligned
I think it's the same in PF too, I ain't never heard of no Pally that would agree to torturing other living creatures.
>>
>>44743987
Exactly!
>the bard is just doing it to see the ludicrous chins and hilarious eccentricities double inbreeding will cause in a few generations

>>44743868
I'd play the shit out of Rock and Rule.
>>
>>44743868
You. I like you.
>>
>>44744127
What does your Bard NTRing nobility have to do with inbreeding at all?
>>
>>44744127
>>44744214
Holy shit I wasn't even fucking sure if anyone would get that. This is why I stick around /tg/.

>>44744219
Because he's going to have a bastard with every noblewoman in the region. And the nobility typically marry other nobility in arranged marriages.

i.e: All those bastards will be fucking their half-siblings.
>>
>>44744114
There's a Good variant torture in that one good-aligned book.

Basically, you lock them in a crystal that brainwashes and forces them into good alignment.

Obviously, this is 100% objectively good and can't possibly be used in a negative way.
>>
File: jesus_christ_how_horrifying.gif (750 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
jesus_christ_how_horrifying.gif
750 KB, 245x245
>>44744291
>>
File: Persona.png (323 KB, 766x1219) Image search: [Google]
Persona.png
323 KB, 766x1219
>>44744291
>Basically, you lock them in a crystal that brainwashes and forces them into good alignment.

>Obviously, this is 100% objectively good and can't possibly be used in a negative way.
>>
>>44744114
>filename
it wasn't long at all
>>
>>44744237
The noblemen might not recognize the bastard as theirs and therefore they will not be used as bargaining chips with other nobles. They will most likely live in servitude, as commoners. Not even as courtiers.
>>
>>44744321
>>44744343
It also featured I-Can't-Believe-It's-Not-Poison variants.

Which were literally deadly poisons, but Paladins don't fall for using them because reasons.

Book of Exalted Deeds, that was the book's name.
>>
>>44744362
Also true
>>
File: Dead Pepe.png (543 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
Dead Pepe.png
543 KB, 900x900
>>44744291
>>44744368
This sounds like complete bullshit and only exists to pussy foot around the whole "Paladins can't do X" thing. I am never going to allow this book into my games.
>>
>>44744394
The whole book is fucking awful.

It even tries to sell smiting 2 Succubi as a legit moral dilemma because they love each other.
>>
>>44744394
Yes, yes it was dumb as shit.

The counterpart evil book went maximum over edge if you're wondering.
>>
>>44744362
The bard will be around to kill anyone who figures out the blood is strong, etc.
>>
Child Molester Clerics
>>
>>44743216

/thread
>>
>>44741302
So what classes do we have left that are generally lacking in evil portrayals?
Evil clerics and blackguards, evil arcanists and generic evil thug fighters and barbarians are bog standard.
Evil druids we have covered here.
>>
>>44744594
NPC classes probably
Commoner
Farmer
Peasant
Beggar
Noble
I don't know what NPC classes you guys use
>>
File: SS.jpg (382 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
SS.jpg
382 KB, 1600x900
>>44744017
>>44744010

>not being TN

Absolutely disgusting
>>
>>44743417
>The commoner who does give correct directions to the tavern but knowingly neglects to warn adventurers about the mercenaries lying in wait for them there.
>Tells the angry mob where the foreigners are hiding.
>Advises the proud noble to take his lodgings in the same hotel used by his rivals.
>Lets the sinister necromancer know where the Egg of Ruin is buried.
>Gossips about how one might release the Unspeakable Beyond into the world.
>>
>>44744608
Evil Aristocrats are common as well.
But about the others, lets see

How do we make a grandiosely evil Commoner? Just beating his wife is passe.

What can we get for EVIL FARMING? ...Killing travellers to fertilise the fields?
>>
>>44744654

Evil innkeeper's drinks are literally poison but he is just subtle enough to get away with it and cover up for the deaths when they occur within range, for now.
>>
>>44744608

Evil beggar asks you nicely first. Then he starts taking his family members hostage. Then he threatens to summon the Underlord with this rune he found in the trash.
>>
>>44744654
Blacksmiths and merchants have a secret pact to hilariously hike up the prices whenever adenturers are coming into the town.
>>
>>44744654
A farmer turned revolutionary leader who's enraged the mob of peasants to execute anyone with PC class levels they can get their hands on, regardless of how or why they are using said levels
>>
>>44744654

Evil blacksmith uses foul rites and human sacrifice to create his incredible quality weapons and armour (and/or cursed magic artifacts if setting allows). Is sheltered by the local evil aristocrat, or maybe by the evil king himself.
>>
>>44744552
If he isn't omnipresent, I really don't know how he's going to achieve that.
>>
>>44744701
Epic levels son, a hell of a drug.
>>
>>44744608

Evil farmer has his daughters seduce and rob travellers, then uses local laws and the angry mob to murder the victims for corrupting his daughters and give them to the soil.
>>
>>44744707
He becomes omnipresent when he's epic level? Sounds whack.
>>
>>44744608

Evil noble just bores people to death during tea parties. He just drones on and on and on and if you try to leave he kills you.
>>
>>44741302
>>44743732
>doesn't get paid because
>"It was wild animal attack, purely natural, you did nothing to earn your pay."
>>
>>44744721
>next morning, the town heralds speak of another animal attack, even more vicious than the last
>>
>>44744608

Evil woodsman is a kindly and hospitable old man who insists he "has no enemies among the woodland creatures". At the end of the dinner he inevitably gives to any passing travellers who seek shelter in his humble hut he marches them outside at arrow-point to feed his friends the wolves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLiD0WRwGGA
>>
>>44743216
>The wizard
>evil
How can they be evil if they have no sense of right or wrong?
>>
>>44744721
and the first guy to pull that on him tragically died when assaulted by a flock of highly aggressive crows, who were probably attracted to the shiny metal coins he carried around given his purse was nowhere to be found
>>
>>44744736
of course, but the druid doesn't get paid anyway.
and gets no assassin rep, so he ain't gonna find new job easier
>>
>>44744608

Evil prostitute incites and encourages fights among her clients, secretly worships not-Khorne.
>>
>>44744721
>20 minutes later, the client is the victim of a sudden "natural" wild animal attack.
>Lucky for him, there was a Druid around to "save" him.
>And perhaps remind people that some "natural" wild animal attacks aren't as "natural" as they might appear.
>>
>>44744754
>hire a high class assassin
>tell him to make it look like an accident
>don't pay him because it looks like an accident

this is how entire noble families die in a mysterious fire
>>
>>44744608

Evil merchant sends out adventurers on fetch quests that inevitably involve slaughtering large quantities various woodland creatures, destroy the ecology in a glorious sacrifice to the God of the Wastes.
>>
File: Je suis take the wheel.gif (2 MB, 420x280) Image search: [Google]
Je suis take the wheel.gif
2 MB, 420x280
>>44744654
>EVIL FARMING
Kills innocent Alraune so he can turn them into mulch
Uses owlbears instead of regular chickens
Has no qualms in enslaving minotaurs for meat and milk or binding centaurs as riding/work horses
Probably chops down dryad trees for all-purpose lumber
Invades those bee lady people from Pathfinder, smoking them out of their own hives in order to harvest the honey and/or kidnaps the queen to control the entire hive
Is a pig fucker like in Divinity II
>>
>>44744754
"assassin rep" is a mysterious thing in general. They are ALL supposed to be undetected and unfound.
So you generally cough up the money based on principle of "I told this guy I want that guy dead" - "this guy said he'll do it" - "that guy is dead now".

You may have an assassin con artist here and there, who takes "contracts" on people which he already knows OTHER assassins are already targeting on orders of some other party and claims credit, but such is life in shadowrun business.
>>
>>44744654

Evil fisherman kills people who wander near his beachside hut with traps and hooks and uses their blood as shark bait.
>>
>>44744793
Including MMO drops percentage.
>Bring me twelve bear asses!
>they do so
>You mauled half of these to unrecognizability, they don't count! Go back out and get me good ones!
>>
>>44744796

What the hell kind of commoner would be able to do all that. This is some Exalted Farmer shit.
>>
>>44744817
Former BBEG. His scheme failed, but he managed to escape and is now trying to lie low. But some habits are hard to curb.
>>
>>44744677
>>44744696
>Evil Blacksmith who uses fae blood to power his fires
>He gets this fae blood by tricking adventurers into catching fairies/nymphs by telling them of all the fake mischief they sow into the town and he only wishes to negotiate with them to leave the people alone
>He is secretly a level 15 LE Warlord and will fuck your shit up if you try to oppose
>>
>Evil Farming

Shows his dick to wheat while talking dirty.
>>
>>44744817
Depends on the setting
Or maybe he jsut has a fuckton of levels in Farmer that he's got access to feats and abilities designed for these purposes.
>>
>>44744654

Evil leatherworker uses an old family secret to make superb products out of human skin. Own produce handy if the material sources try to fight back.
>>
>>44744654

Evil village priest boosts attendance by kidnapping and brainwashing travellers, eventually sends thoroughly indoctrinated ones on their way to avoid overstraining village resources, slowly builds up a far-reaching cult.
>>
>evil assassin only attacks other assassins, saving people's lives
>doesn't normally even kill the ones he attacks

double negative = positive, no?
>>
>>44744654

Evil librarian controls the illegal book trade in the city with his gang of underpaid scribes and apprentices, expands into other fields of organised crime as his wealth and manpower grows. Magic scrolls and arcane rituals are used not as often as you'd expect, more as a last resort thing; objectively, the usual brute force intimidation is both much more cost-efficient and less likely to damage the product.
>>
>evil cleric
>when casting Create Food, creates food with raisins
>>
>>44744654
Evil wainwright binds demons into carts and wagons, is responsible for the evil intelligent supernatural cart plague destroying the kingdom.
>>
>>44744920

Oh knock it off already. I am sick and tired of seeing those jokes by now. Raisins are great. I love raisins. You should also love raisins. Everyone should love raisins. Everyone will love raisins...
>>
>>44744654

Evil bandit turns bandits into an actual organised force, extorts the entire merchant guild and eventually the entire kingdom so he can rule it from the shadows.
>>
>>44744940
>evil 4chan poster promotes raisins
here's another example for OP
>>
>>44744654

Evil thief steals the moon, sells it to the highest bidder, steals any memories of it not being that high in the sky.
>>
>>44744920
When did the raisin hate maymay even start? I honestly don't get it.
>>
>>44744985
I guess it started thousands of years ago, when raisins were first discovered by the mankind

(or, rather, were introduced to mankind by satan)
>>
>>44744654

Evil hatter makes a hat that, if you ever try to take it off, takes your head off with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Uq6RoI-pj0
>>
File: Ewok Taking a Dump.jpg (12 KB, 150x111) Image search: [Google]
Ewok Taking a Dump.jpg
12 KB, 150x111
>>44744920
>>44744985
>mfw mother makes macaroni salad with chicken, carrots, and FUCKING RAISINS AND PINEAPPLE
Every holiday season is suffering for me, because that is guaranteed to be served when I visit them for Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Year's.
>>
>>44744654

Evil carpenter makes houses that are set to collapse the moment he uses a cunning little mechanism. If the people there start hiring a different carpenter, underpay, refuse his helpful suggestions on further work that he could do or otherwise wrong him, he activates the mechanism. He loves this village and he loves his work, so the situation is a win-win; either he gets to do more for them or he gets to build new houses for new people.
>>
>>44745088

Consider that raisins might be so popular for a reason.
>>
>>44745117
like drugs
or alcohol
or tobacco
or murder
or pop / rap music
or stand-up comedy

being popular =/= being good for humanity
>>
>>44745141

Being good for humanity=/=being tasty or otherwise enjoyable.
>>
>>44745152
Not the guy you're repsonding to, but there are people who don't like raisin. Me included
>>
>>44745182

I know and that's fine. There seems to be some stupid meme going around about how they are the worst thing to happen to food though. I'm pretty tired of it, especially since I do like raisins, so long as they are in their proper place (in pastries and cookies).
>>
>>44744654
Evil farmer grazes his herds on public land, now all the other farmers must do so to remain competitive and the land will soon be useless.
>>
>>44744654
Evil smith with anger issues makes swords of the highest quality, but his anger has passed into the weapons he makes and they drive their wielders into a murderous rage
>>
>>44744798
>You may have an assassin con artist here and there, who takes "contracts" on people which he already knows OTHER assassins are already targeting on orders of some other party and claims credit, but such is life in shadowrun business.
I'm soo stealing this. Investigation and contacts to find out who has hired whom, bluff to bullshit his way to riches.
>>
>>44745393

Evil farmer grazes his herds on other people's private lands, has awakened farm animals murder the farmers who complain.
>>
>>44743178
Needs context, theft is basically morally neutral.
>>
>>44745678
High level thief who sneaks into the poor people's hovels and meticulously cleans out every single valuable thing he can find. Then he stealthes around during the day to watch them react to the losses.
>>
>>44745690
So, the average Elder Scrolls protagonist?
>>
>>44745698
Yes, except NPCs are more competently played than by a computer so they react with suffering which is the whole point for the thief.
>>
>>44744721
"I turn into a cougar and roll to intimidate." or "I turn into a cougar, maul him, and take his purse".
>>
>>44744785
Moral dilemma for an LE assassin: he was hired to kill a guy and make it look like an accident, but before he got to it the target died in a legit accident. Does he take the money or not?
>>
>>44744817
D&D means that you can have lvl20 commoners
>>
>>44744964
Carmen?
>>
>>44743367

Reminds me of Kingdom of Loathing's Accordion Thieves.
>>
>>44746023

Can they treat monsters like farm animals?
>>
>>44741302
>evil ranger who works for the local authorities
>Shoots wild adventurers in the knee while disguised
>Flees and later with another disguise offers them to work for the citty guard now that they can't travel any longer (apparently the authorities have trouble recruiting people due to dragons and vampire attacks on towns)
>>
>>44743344
woah that edge sure is sharp!
>>
>>44746188
That's not edge. That's just evil.

Edge is if he does all that while whining incessantly about how civilization has ruined his childhood.
>>
File: 1448209210946.jpg (115 KB, 690x1035) Image search: [Google]
1448209210946.jpg
115 KB, 690x1035
>>44745678
stealing is ALWAYS evil
>>
File: 1452394897073.png (372 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1452394897073.png
372 KB, 1280x720
>>44745678
Whatever you say, Karl Marx.
>>
>>44746098
>After having saved the world from the wrath of the Demon King, the party members retire on some land they were awarded by the King and start a farm.

>Here we see Thorgar Shale Fist making horse shoes for the Centaurs, while the Elvani puts the Lionsheep into a relaxed sleep so that she can shear it.
>>
>>44745141
>stand-up comedy
What do you have against stand-up?
>>
>>44744721
Such a lot of mice and rats in a city aren't there? How much meat and bone do you bet several hundred rodents and...let's say, those guard dogs of yours can consume in one minute? Enough for you to wish there wouldn't be a second minute, is what I'm guessing.
>>
>>44744796
this seems more like some evil proto capitalist
>>
>>44745971
or I turn into a cougar and seduce him.
>>
>>44746711

Capitalists have to come from somewhere. The original capitalists could as easily have started as rich farmers.
>>
>>44747601
I think the started from the merchants
>>
>evil hound master
>only trains chihuahuas
>>
>>44743868
you're a cool cool guy, guy
>>
>the ranger that for gold and pleasure stats hunting the most dangerous game

>the fighter that uses his position in the city guard to sweep folk's houses and steal whatever he likes.
>>
>>44741302
>the druid who in order to protect nature makes everyone paranoid about wild animals to the point of them killing all the predators and fucking up the ecosystem
Can a Druid even have a Wis score low enough to permit that kind of behavior?
>>
>>44744654
>be evil farmer
>one day an adventurer shows up
>he's badly wounded from a battle with things
>I smile, and offer him food and rest.
>he passes out.
>I go through his gear, find bag of holding loaded with gold and gems
>kill him in his sleep, take gold
>buy more land, buy slaves
>crops have never looked better!!
>evil farmers feed the world
>>
>>44746015
No. I am going to assume an "honorable" guild of assassin will value honesty to enhance their repurtation. If you have the reputation of getting things done without screwing over your customers, you will get more customers.
>>
>>44741302
Evil ways to portray classes? That's a very strange thing to ask about, but I'd say the most evil way one can portray a class is through excessive hands-on demonstrations.
>this is a druids
>he fucking HATES civilization
>he'll burn down your house if it means letting nature reclaim the ground
And then he pours gasoline all over the floor and ignites it.
>this guy's a fighter
>this is what fighters do
And then he lays a motherfucker out on the floor and stomps on him.
Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.