[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any chapter that could take the DA on in a proper 1v1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34
File: El_jonson.jpg (41 KB, 400x360) Image search: [Google]
El_jonson.jpg
41 KB, 400x360
Is there any chapter that could take the DA on in a proper 1v1 chapter battle, including fleet assets outside of the Grey Knights possibly?

They are pretty much the best equipped chapter, kill other marines like no ones business (Chaos and Imperial!) and they have a giant fucking space asteroid fortress that is pretty much indestructible and fucks everything with it's rock hard dick

Also, Space Wolves suck
>>
>>44740994
>Is there any chapter that could take the DA on in a proper 1v1 chapter battle
Currently - any vanilla with the access to Skyhammer Annihilation Force. And before those it were any vanilla marines with decent air and gravguns, since we had neither. We are somewhat below vanilla codex power-wise, brother. Gotta Grim Resolve through it.

Lore/Book-wise Ultras have few dozen more layers of plot armor.
>>
>>44740994
Space Wolves and Black Templars outnumber DA 10:1 due to non-codex organisation. If they go 1v1, it will be a very short battle.
>>
>>44743376
>Space Wolves

Are 2000 men strong whereas the unforgiven are at least 10,000

>Black Templars

Unknown numbers.
>>
>>44740994

>I like DA so I've convinced myself they are the best SM chapter
>I'm a typical retard that cant employ critical thought or objectivity
>Me me me me! reality be damned
>>
>>44740994
Ultramarines, they have way more successors that would answer their call and way more ships and support from the mechanicum.
>>
>>44740994
Ultramarines always win
>>
In a 1v1 scenario probably not, if only because of the DA's TEQ and MEQ killing ability. Thats not to say they're the absolute best or better than another chapter just that they're the best equipped for Marine vs Marine combat.
>>
>>44743409
>Unknown numbers.

Get your facts straight.

They are 1100 marines. Source is the novel "Eternal Crusader".
>>
File: DidSomeoneSayPurgeTheFallen.jpg (9 KB, 250x225) Image search: [Google]
DidSomeoneSayPurgeTheFallen.jpg
9 KB, 250x225
>>44740994
No, battle-brother.
Absolutely not.
>>
File: lion.jpg (17 KB, 250x334) Image search: [Google]
lion.jpg
17 KB, 250x334
>>44741126
What the fuck did you say about the Lion, you little servitor? Lion El'Jonson graduated top of his class in monster hunting and has been involved in numerous secret raids on his own home planet, and has over 300 confirmed team-kills. He is trained in autistic warfare and is the prime primarch-puncher in the entire Imperium of Man. Your chapter is nothing to him but another group of friendlies to team-kill, and he will wipe them out with savant-like precision the likes of which hasn't been seen since the Great Crusade. You think you can get away with saying things like that over the webway? Think again, heretic. As we speak I am contacting The Rock and your fortress-monastery is being traced right now so you better prepare for the Unforgiven, heretic. The non-codex-compliant Unforgiven that'll team-kill the pathetic little thing you call your chapter. You're fucking dead, traitor. Lion El'Jonson could be anywhere inside The Rock at anytime, and he can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with his flowing mane. Not only is he extensively trained in the use of hair-care products, but he can also slay a Great Unclean One with a single smile from his pearly white incisors. If only you could have known what holy retribution your little "loyalist" heresy was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you Chaos-tainted Fallen. I will spam plasma all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, heretic.

But in all seriousness, almost no one even comes close.
>>
>>44743511
Cant be, Helbrecht alone has 1000 men aboard the eternal crusader and theres several other crusades going on at the same time.
>>
File: Black Templar numbers.jpg (68 KB, 489x335) Image search: [Google]
Black Templar numbers.jpg
68 KB, 489x335
>>44743810
GET YOUR FUCKING FACTS STRAIGHT, you lobotomite.

Helbrechthas 200 marines on hi ship. The whole chapter is slightly larger than chapter strength (1000).
>>
>>44740994
Grey Knights couldn't beat the Dark Angels- they don't have the space assets. The Rock is on par with the Phalanx, and it's full of alien areotech and even fucking daemons they can use to MacGuffin their way out of anything.

>>44743810
Retconned. Black Templars only have slightly over a thousand dudes. Those previous Crusades with several thousand dudes were done just by the Chapter itself, those Crusades with a couple hundred were done by squads.
>>
File: Lord_kaldor_draigo.jpg (483 KB, 669x1054) Image search: [Google]
Lord_kaldor_draigo.jpg
483 KB, 669x1054
>>44743906
>As he neared the waiting craft, Azrael noticed the heads of some of his honour guard twitch, turning slightly to look back behind him. Usually, this sort of infraction would result in a stern rebuke at the very least, a writ of penitence at worst, but Azrael would have expected only a single battle-brother to show such indiscipline. This was a whole squad, of Deathwing Knights no less. Curious as to what had distracted such immaculately disciplined and well-drilled Space Marines, Azrael turned around to look.

>Just in time to catch a silvered fist in his face.

>The blow was controlled, not hard enough to render him unconscious or break any bones, but with enough force to knock him brusquely to his backside. In a blur his assailant was on top of him, gripping the collar of his cloak and snarling.

>‘What did you do with him, you bastard?’ Draigo yelled, spittle trailing from his lips and teeth. ‘Is he up there in those dungeons of yours, along with all those others you’ve collected down the centuries? What do you want with them? What is it that you do to them?’

>The Deathwing honour guard surrounded the pair of Supreme Grand Masters, their weapons primed and all aimed at Draigo’s head. Azrael gestured for them to lower their arms.

>‘I don’t know what you’re talking about,’ Azrael said, trying to remove the Grey Knight’s hands from upon him.

>Draigo slammed the Dark Angel against the ground again. ‘Liar! You’ve taken him. I know you have. Were you in league with Abaddon all along? Did he deliver him up to you in exchange for his escape?’

>The Deathwing’s guns rose again. This time Azrael did not order them dropped. ‘Are you accusing me of heresy, Grey Knight?’ It was as much a warning as an accusation.
>>
>>44743906
Also just to remind people, when it comes to a fight, Azrael stood up against Kharn for a while. He was going to lose against him if it lasted any longer, but Azrael blew a hole through the floor.

However, Azrael did completely BTFO Typhus in a duel and nearly killed him.
>>
>>44743941
>Draigo paused, fully aware of the implications of responding in the affirmative. He released his grip on Azrael and stood up. ‘You figured out who he was, and what he was, and you had to have him to yourself. Pray that I never obtain the proof as the fury of the entire Grey Knights Chapter will make what you faced here on Pythos look like a training exercise.’

>‘As I said, Draigo,’ Azrael said, hauling himself upright, ‘I have no idea what you’re talking about.’

>As his Grey Knight counterpart marched off into the distance, Lord Azrael of the Dark Angels would have given anything in the universe for the opposite to be true.

-"Pandorax" novel

The Grey Knights would wreck the Dark Angels.
>>
>>44743941
Your point anon? Draigo will 1v1 any motherfucker in 40k save Kharn the Betrayer. The point is that they don't have the space assets to take on the Dark Angels unless they cash in a lot of favors with Inquisitors. The Rock is chock full of Extermiantus weapons, and stood up to the fleet of the Death Guard.

Also unless this takes place after the Legacy of Caliban books, flawless teleportation is possible thanks to a daemon onboard.
>>
File: Purgefallen.jpg (4 KB, 125x122) Image search: [Google]
Purgefallen.jpg
4 KB, 125x122
>>44743434
Alright you inbred space-wolf savage, sit down and do your best to read.

The Dark Angels are not the Mantis Warriors or the Knights of Dorn or some "literally who": the chapter.
They are the first legion, and as a founding chapter already one of the top powers in the Imperium. The chapter alone is made even more powerful by the fact that they are a.) significantly larger than Codex-compliant thanks to their larger 1st and 2nd companies and b.) their expertise through the Ravenwing and Deathwing in fighting marines. Furthermore, The Rock is nigh-impregnable vessel even greater than a standard battle-barge, which contains the last Primarch in the Imperium aboard it just waiting for the Dark Angels to need him.
Arguably most importantly, the Dark Angels form, with the Unforgiven, the last legion in the Imperium. They all answer to Supreme Grand Master Azrael, and they are all battle-brothers of the Unforgiven.
Take individually (which is unrealistic because if any major threat was posed to them they would unite the Unforgiven) the Dark Angels chapter alone is one of the most powerful in the Imperium, above average numbers, above average fleet strength, and above average marine capability in the 1st and 2nd companies.
Taken as the Unforgiven, they are the single most powerful force in the Imperium.

Go home, Logan, nobody likes furries.
>>
>>44743958
No they wouldn't, you're basing that entire argument on "muh HQ is better than your HQ", when HQ means shit in a Chapter engagement. What matters is space assets. How many star forts and Battle Barges do the Grey Knights even have?
>>
>>44743997
The Grey Knights know about the Fallen aboard the Rock and many of the Dark Angels secrets. It would be easy for them to get support to wipe out the Dark Angels, if they were inclined.
>>
>>44744013
Checking the Wiki, the Grey Knights actually get completely destroyed. On top of the Rock, which of itself is on part with the Phalanx and full of exterminatus munitions- but the Dark Angels have eight Battle Barges and Sixteen Strike Cruisers. The Grey Knights only have four Battle Barges and eight or so Strike Cruisers. They're completely outgunned and would get shredded.
>>
>>44744013
I am not

See (>>44744030)

It's not about Draigo vs Azrael. It's about Draigo warning Azrael with extermination if he gets proof that the Dark Antgels had taken Epimetheus.
>>
File: heresy.jpg (5 KB, 119x125) Image search: [Google]
heresy.jpg
5 KB, 119x125
>>44744030

>it would be easy for a smaller chapter to wipe out the last Legion (legion, motherfucker) left in the Empire.

I'm hoping this is bait. The Grey Knights are experts in killing demons... the Dark Angels are experts in killing other marines...
>>
>>44744055
Words mean nothing unless you are actually capable of proving they are able to do so.
>>
>>44744053
>The Grey Knights only have

The entire Ordo malleus backing them up.
>>
>>44744064
Grey Knights have destroyed whole chapters before. They regularly fight CSM.

Tell me. How many chapters did the Dark Angels destroy?
>>
>>44744088
The OP is only Chapter vs Chapter. No outside assets. Not to mention we don't know if they could call in the entire Ordo Malleus, or how that would stack up to a likewise fully assembled space marine Legion.
>>
>>44743409
OP said straight up in a 1v1 chapter battle. Space Wolves would beat them anyway if they were evenly match numerically
>>
>>44744071
The Ordos Malleus, Ordos Hereticus, and Ordos Xenos would be backing the Grey Knights in purging the Rock.
>>
File: joseph-ducreux-00029.jpg (109 KB, 584x767) Image search: [Google]
joseph-ducreux-00029.jpg
109 KB, 584x767
>>44740994
Hammers of Dorn
>>
>>44744094
They BTFO the Death Guard Legion in the Legacy of Caliban books.

Also not to mention, it was the Dark Angels who did the bulk of the fighting on Pandorax, not the Grey Knights. Not to mention there was also the Night Lords Legion during the Horus Heresy, which got more than decimated in the opening engagement. The Dark Angels also led the largest push against the Traitor Legions post-heresy.
>>
>>44744130
Prove it. Actually cite where this is stated, and again, OP doesn't say any outside assets. Only Chapter vs Chapter.
>>
File: TheEmperorProtects.jpg (97 KB, 600x750) Image search: [Google]
TheEmperorProtects.jpg
97 KB, 600x750
>>44744094
Tell me, how many millenia have the Grey Knights spend hunting CSM?
Tell me, how many marines do the Grey Knights have?
Does it compare to the 150,000 of the Unforgiven?
Source: Deathwatch tells us 15% of chapters are DA successors.
>>
File: 1444791666445.jpg (98 KB, 1162x850) Image search: [Google]
1444791666445.jpg
98 KB, 1162x850
>>44744159
>150,000

Jesus fuck how are there even Fallen left?
>>
File: whatheresy.jpg (290 KB, 700x1690) Image search: [Google]
whatheresy.jpg
290 KB, 700x1690
>>44744130

The entire Unforgiven would be backing the Dark Angels.
That's over legion strength in Space Marines alone...
And realistically the Grey Knights would get the Ordo Malleus guaranteed and that's it- there's massive infighting and politics within the Inquisition, whereas the Unforgiven are united as battle-brothers.
>>
>>44744148
If the Grey Knights wanted they could just give the Information to one of the higher ups in the Inquisition who would call in an entire strike fleet+as many chapters as they need and exterminatus the Rock.

That said, they probably already have and the Inquisition is simply allowing the Unforgiven to exist. The existence of something so heretical is bound to raise some tempers.
>>
>>44744170
I think its because many of them have a.) hardly poked their heads out of the Eye of Terror or b.) didn't even wake up from their warp-induced comas for many thousands of years.

Other than that... there need to be some left because they were all gone GW would have to innovate.
>>
>>44744185
Also they might be able to get other Chapters to join them. The Space Wolves and Dark Angels have their brotherly spats, but in the end they're bros, especially over their mutual distrust of the Inquisition.
>>
>>44744199

See >>44744209

Most chapters aren't exactly going to be leap out of their armour in excitement of taking on the largest and one of the most prestigious groups of marines in the Imperium because the fucking Inquisition of all people said so.
>>
File: Cop.png (329 KB, 657x621) Image search: [Google]
Cop.png
329 KB, 657x621
>Is there any chapter that could take the DA on in a proper 1v1 chapter battle, including fleet assets outside of the Grey Knights possibly?

>Debate about Grey Knights and successor chapters.
>>
>>44743409
>the unforgiven

So, in a 1v1 chapter match DA are allowed to bring all their successors? Wouldn't expect anything more from a bunch of heretics.
>>
>>44744241
The issue is that the Grey Knights can't actually without any backup. Their fleet is fucking pitiful compared even to normal Chapters that don't have fuckhuge fleets like the Angels or Wolves.
>>
>>44744254
>outside of the Grey Knights possibly?
>Talks about Grey Knights
>>
>>44744225
You'd be surprised.

I think even the Space Wolves would turn over that much Heresy. Hiding that much from the Inquisition? From the Emperor? That's unacceptable. More than unacceptable, it's fucking unbelievable.

You'd get all successors of the Ultramarines, the Imp Fists, the Iron Hands, the Blood Angels, and plenty of miscellaneous successors. The Minotaurs and the Pentarchy of Blood both spring to mind.

Not to mention the regular armies of the Inquisition and the Imperial Guard.

Though, again, they probably haven't come to blows because the Inquisition and the High Lords allow them to exist.
>>
>>44744159
>Deathwatch
>listening to 3rd party numbers
>ignoring that the codex says DA are continually passed up when new chapters are formed, because high lords suspect them of legion building
>>
File: Azrael.jpg (220 KB, 1110x719) Image search: [Google]
Azrael.jpg
220 KB, 1110x719
>>44744247

The only heretics in this thread are those who would put the Inquisition's agenda before the Emperor's will.
Repent, for tomorrow you die.
>>
File: Asterion Fucking Moloc.jpg (101 KB, 800x680) Image search: [Google]
Asterion Fucking Moloc.jpg
101 KB, 800x680
>>44740994
Minotaurs would wreck those Heretics.
>>
>>44744290
So now this battle is not only the Unforgiven vs. a single chapter, but also organized by the Inquisition?
>>
>>44744300
In an actual 1v1 chapter scale? Of course.

In the bullshit legion battle are throwing around like the Dark Angels ever actually deploy that way? Maybe. If someone beat up the High Lord's dogs there would be fucking hell to pay.
>>
>>44744265
The point is that the OP is wrong, the Grey Knights couldn't.

>>44744266
>Hiding that much from the Inquisition?
Wolves don't give a flying fuck about the Inquisition and see them as the biggest cunts in the galaxy. Even the Dark Angels don't kill as many civilians as they do, and even then I think the DA have only wiped out one or two planets. If they cover shit up, they just kill the guys on top like the generals or officers.

>From the Emperor?
Wat. They don't hide anything from the Emperor, he's completely aware of what the Dark Angels do. He even chats with Dark Angel Dreadnoughts because he's so chill for motivation speeches. A Deathwing Terminator gets depressed after getting demolished by a Nurgle infection, but the Emperor comes to him and coaches him out of his depression.

As for the Fallen, literally everybody besides the Grey Knights have people turn to Chaos. The only thing that would be a no-no is the fact that Azrael keeps Luther alive, as has every previous Supreme Grand Master, but not even the Grey Knights know about that. They just know about the Fallen in a general sense.

>You'd get all successors of the Ultramarines, the Imp Fists, the Iron Hands, the Blood Angels, and plenty of miscellaneous successors.
No they wouldn't. The First Founding Chapters would declare war on the Inquisition before they declared war on their own, especially a First Founding Chapter. NOBODY likes the Inquisition. Hatred of them is almost universal.
>>
>>44744266
Space Wolves hate the inquisition, they wouldn't fight on their behalf.
Blood Angels bonded with Dark Angels over their fighting in the Cadian sector after the HH- both legions had lost their Primarchs and much of their sense of purpose.
Ultimately if the Dark Angels were excommunicated the resulting fallout and civil war would probably be the biggest internal conflict since the Horus Heresy.
>>
>>44744300

>Chapter one step above Khornates would beat one of the most powerful first-founding chapters

Please get better bait.
>>
>>44744007
Not sure how you made the leap that I'm a space wolf guy, Im not.
I have Death Guard and Blood Angel 40k armies, and a Night Lords HH army.
>>
>>44744380
It's not like they doesn't have experience in space marine chapters wrecking.
>>
>>44744359
Thank you, loyal battle-brother.
Truly nothing has been worse for the Imperium than the Inquisition.
>>
>>44744380
And again, they don't have the fucking space assets either. The Dark Angels have a stupid big fleet of Eight battle Barges and Sixteen Strike Cruisers that is only surpassed by the Space Wolves and possibly the Ultramarines.
>>
>>44744400

My apologies, that was presumptuous of me. Its just easy to insult Space Wolfies.
Good luck with your army-building, that sounds like a neat collection.
>>
>>44744410
They have as many space assets as the High Lords want them to have.
>>
>>44744410
In fact they do.
They have Asterion Moloc, just throw him in space and they have the most powerful Space asset ever.
>>
>>44744420
Besides Primarch, Space Wolves are bros. Smelly brows that get fur in your eyes from close contact, but bros.
>>
>>44744428

I mean... I guess we can't use any of that fancy planet-busting tech on a marine-sized target...
>>
>>44744428
Asterion Moloc gets killed on a regular basis, and some poor new sod gets hypno-indoctrinated with his memory.
>>
>>44744442
Exactly. One after another given their recruitment rate and then the Dark Angels won't have anymore ammo.
>>
>>44744459
But what if Asmodai catches him for smexy time?
>>
>>44744366
Space Wolves also hate the DA, to the point where the chapters have to have duels to the death every few years between champions, to let out a little steam.
>>
>>44744479
That's a pretty hard counter against the Minotaurs. I guess the DA would win then.
>>
>>44744508
>Asmodai strips Moloc down, fits him with a yoke, and whips him about the Rock's BDSM dungeon
>>
>>44744488
The fact that they detest the Inquisition even more just tells you how much they hate the Inquisition, then.
Also they aren't supposed to be duels to the death... its just that between space knights and space vikings, thresholds of violence tend to become meaningless.
>>
>>44744523

I'm not even certain if this is heresy. Its... in character...
>>
>>44744159
>Deathwatch tells us 15% of chapters are DA successors.

Impossible.
Ultramarines make up at least 67% of Chapters.
That leaves only 33% of which Imperial Fists are said to have the largest slice of the pie.
>>
>>44745774
Yeah that is odd because the Blood Angels also say hello, and they have a metric fuckton of Chapters.

Although I think it's safer to say that the Ultramarine number is too large. Even if the Dark Angels don't have many modern Chapters formed, they were the second largest loyalist Legion and thus would have a shitload of successors still from the post heresy days from M31-M32 or so.
>>
>>44745799
>Although I think it's safer to say that the Ultramarine number is too large.

It's not. Ultras are said to be over two thirds.

>a shitload of successors still from the post heresy days from M31-M32 or so.

Probably long since wiped out.
>>
>>44745799
>they were the second largest loyalist Legion and thus would have a shitload of successors still from the post heresy days from M31-M32 or so
Not officially, no - they had shit relations with the High Lords of Terra, so even though they are only one ones besides Ultras to have pure and unmutated geneseed, they were not used as progenitors for many successor chapters often. Most of the time Dark Angels had to initiate founding process themselves, using whatever political leverage they had over Adeptus Terra to get what they want.

Although that's OFFICIALLY. Outside the records, it was definitely used in geneseed experiments for creating new lines and hybridizing existing ones (what's with DA always delivering the geneseed tithe, leading to Terra having unholy shitton of their unused pure geneseed in stockpiles). Plus DA were accused of Legion building since M32, with high suspicion of unauthorized chapter founding.
>>
>>44745882
>accused of Legion building
I've always wondered why the High Lords give a shit about this. The Codex isn't true law- many chapters completely shatter the Codex and even piss on it in the process. Of all the Legions too, the Dark Angels are probably the second best to have a shitload of (after the Ultramarines) because while they don't follow orders, they do a good job at rooting out heresy. Their constant chase of Fallen always ensures they're hot on the heels of Chaos Cults.
>>
>>44745910
Well the High Lords don't really give a buck about it. Or the Minotaurs would have done something.
>>
>>44745910
>I've always wondered why the High Lords give a shit about this. The Codex isn't true law

The tactical doctrines aren't. The splitting the power of the Legions is.

>while they don't follow orders, they do a good job at rooting out heresy. Their constant chase of Fallen always ensures they're hot on the heels of Chaos Cults.

The High Lords don't know shit about the Fallen , they just see the Dark Angels as suspicious and unreliable assholes.
>>
>>44745910
>I've always wondered why the High Lords give a shit about this
Because in case of shit going south, a rogue Chapter they can fuck up - see Badab War. But a Rogue Legion can seriously fuck up them. And it's the Dark Angels we're talking about - since the Time of Forging, nobody ever trusted them.

> they do a good job at rooting out heresy. Their constant chase of Fallen always ensures they're hot on the heels of Chaos Cult
True, but that resolve also means that they have their own agenda on top of the list, as opposed to Ultra goody-two-shoes lapdogs who treat Terra like if it's their mission control.
>>
>>44745917
>Well the High Lords don't really give a buck about it
High Lords are pissed 24/7about it, but Supreme Grand Masters just keep going
>"Where is proofs, luv? You no have evidence of our supposed "crimes"! Everyone who could ever tell you anything is dead, I know iii-aah I-I, I mean, they did not exist in the first place. Because we never did anything wrong. Yes. That's what I meant."

Wiping out some of the First Founding loyalists basing on just some speculation would be a political nightmare for anyone in Imperium. Never mind that there is a good chance of Unforgiving just shitting all over not only Minotaurs, but any congregation of chapters that Terra can assemble to deal with them. Meaning that instead of a bunch untrustworthy but supposedly loyal chapters Imperium would get straight out rogue Legion up it's ass, and all of the leashed chapters very very dead.

Not really worth it in the end, so they just keep snooping around with very little results.
>>
>>44746031
>Unforgiving
*Unforgiven
>>
>>44745935
But the Dark Angels can no longer go rogue. In Legacy of Caliban it's revealed that all Dark Angels have similar indoctrination that marines had during Rogue Trader- Chaplains can issue commands that put their men into a trance state where their memories can be wiped and reprogrammed. This way no Angel can fall again unless removed from his Chaplains.
>>
Pffffhaha all the DA fags in this thread. Sad tbfh.
>>
>>44746118

Unless one of the Chaplains fall. Then they can ALL fall.
>>
>>44744170
Because all loyalist are actually fallen
>>
>>44744170
>Jesus fuck how are there even Fallen left?
The Galaxy is pretty fucking big, and Fallen were evenly spread all across space and time.

Think playing Pokemon in Elite: Dangerous without any mission markers.
>>
>>44744254
>implying the grey knights would need a fleet.
>implying they wouldn't just teleport inside the rock and wreck shit

Nice try DA fag
>>
>>44747304
>implying they wouldn't just teleport inside the rock and wreck shit
Void shields senpai.
>>
>>44747304
>Implying teleporting into a well-defended corridor scenario with Dark Angel defenders is, in any way, a sound tactical decision

Nice try Khornate.
>>
>>44747326
>implying any of that matters when you can equip a whole chapter with terminator armour
>>
>>44743434
>taking the obvious bait this hard
>>
>>44747339
>Implying Terminator armour isn't actually worse in a fighting Astartes corridor scenario, given how easily it's obliterated by Plasma and Melta weapons and slows you down

By the Emperor, you have no sense of tactical practicality, do you? I bet you're one of those "throw bigger stuff at it, it'll work," kind of people that bitches when his supersoldiers are gunned down by Tau firelines.
>>
>>44747339
Implying wearing TA is a good decision when your opponent can depley gravguns and plasma en masse.
>>
>>44747324
>Implying the grey knights wouldn't know how to bypass voidshields thanks to psychic powers and superior technology
>>
>>44747339
>Hurr, give them Terminator Armour guys, it's thicker so it's obviously better!
>Slowing down your strike force, giving the DA time to put Meltas and Plasma weapons in place about the Rock
>Watching as your Terminators turn to slag because you sacrificed tactical practicality for bigger exosuits

By the Emperor, you're probably one of those guys that thinks "send bigger stuff, it'll work!" and bitches when his supersoldiers are gunned down by Tau firelines.
>>
>>44747363
>>44747409
Welp, there goes my connection reliability. Both of those are my own doing, obviously. Though both of them still stand with a slightly different point of view.
>>
>>44743906
>the Rock
> full of alien areotech and even fucking daemons
The fuck ?
>>
Are ultramarines cool again or are they still mary sue shits? i bought marneus calgar and now I want to start an ultras army after thinking they were generic as shit as an edgy teenager
>>
As the OP seems to be framing it; All of the Unforgiven against any other single chapter, the no.

No Chapter is sufficiently better than the Unforgiven to overcome somewhere between 20-to-1 and 100-to-1 odds. (I am assuming that the Unforgiven make up between 4 and 10% of all chapters, the most numerous Chapter is the Space Wolves who number 2000 or so).

Is this surprising? You've rigged the playing field somewhat.

If you let the Ultramarines pull in their (less tightly knit, but massively more numerous) successors, the Ultramarines win. If you let chapters pull in their long-standing allies, various other chapters might win. If you kept it limited to Chapter vs. Chapter, the Black Templars or Space Wolves would win, due to numbers. Make it a 1000 vs 1000 and victory would go to the Grey Knights.

But, as you are framing it, no single Chapter can stand against 20-to-100 DA successors acting in unison.

This is not a surprising fact.
>>
>>44744185
Ultramarines have 500,000 according to your twisted logic
DA BTFO
>>
>>44747463
There's a shitload of archeotech on the rock, to the point where cypher turned up one day and told the dark angels that they have a perfect time machine on the rock that no one else knew about.

The watchers in the dark are warp entities, but they fight against chaos. They're anti-daemon daemons basically.
>>
>specifically state proper 1v1 chapter battle
>bring up unforgiven, ultramarine successor chapters, ordo malleus
nigga pls. None of those are allowed.

Space Wolves do outnumber them, but they don't have as strong a fleet.
Black Templars or Imperial Fists on the other hand...
>>
>>44747515
Basically this. What a dumb thread for babies.
>>
>>44747594
Aren't the SW known for having one of the biggest fleet in all the Imperium, while the DA one is never stated how big it is?
>>
>>44747730
>Aren't the SW known for having one of the biggest fleet in all the Imperium
No?
>>
>>44747752
In the SW codex their fleet is listed, and it's enormous. They have 8 Battle Barges while most chapters only have 2-3 and have 30+ Strike Cruisers, the vessels able to transport a SM company without problems.
We don't know how big the DA fleet is, but I think that saying that they have for sure more than the SW is preposterous
>>
>>44747963
>They have 8 Battle Barges
DA have 7 = the Rock.
>>
>>44748039
> 7 = the Rock
*7 + the Rock, obviously.

Not being used to found a shitton of successor chapters in early M30s meant that they got to keep their shit.
>>
>>44740994
Ultramarines since they have their own legion like DA. Probably Blood Angels and Space Wolves.
>>
>>44748054
Don't the DA have a shitload of unnamed successors running around as well as the ones that have some fluff?
>>
>>44748039
>>44748054
Should we consider that a tie, than, since the SW have two Ramilies Star Forts?
>>
>>44748081
They do, but still not nearly as much as Ultras have, and they were mostly founded in later time on Terran funds, which meant that mostly unscathed original DA still have most of the stuff they had during Heresy (except the relics shared among the successors for muh spiritual connection and the most gangsta bling that they passed on to Relictors).
>>
>>44748086
I'm fine with that.
>>
>>44747963
Also don't the SW tend to board/capture vessels. I remember from one of the SW books that they captured a grand crusier from heretics, forget what they did with it after but I wouldn't be surprised if they kept it. I imagine each great company probably has a few of its own ships that aren't listed just going by some of the stuff from the SW books.
>>
On the argument of SM fleet, did Battlefleet gothic have some level of variety in the rules for the different chapters or were they all the same?
>>
Why does the Grey Knight fleet keep getting shat on? Grey Knights have a very large and powerful fleet.
>>
>>44744030
>know all about the Fallen and many of their secrets
>Draigo has no clue WHY the Dark Angels have been hoarding up Chaos Marines for ten thousand years

Keep telling yourself that, buddy.
>>
>>44748108
Ah okay, so you're saying they're not really tied to the DA as a chapter and that they're just the usual orphaned chapters that are spread around, right?

I know the star phantoms are one of which that are implied to be DA successors, are there any others?
>>
>>44748217
He doesn't know for what purpose, but he does know why. He knows he's collecting Dark Angels, but not the reason for it.
>>
>>44740994
Ultramarines.........
>>
File: thelionfacepalms.jpg (40 KB, 391x563) Image search: [Google]
thelionfacepalms.jpg
40 KB, 391x563
>>44748254
>for what purpose
>why
>pic related

That's the same thing.
>>
File: 0gLjqcD.png (494 KB, 1173x651) Image search: [Google]
0gLjqcD.png
494 KB, 1173x651
>>44740994
Dunno about chapter, but Cypher does it by himself on regular occasions
>>
>>44744094
They're almost done hunting all the fallen and that's half a legions worth of marines for one. Along with what the other replies say to this comment.
>>
>>44748468
>That's the same thing.

Not really.
He knows that he's collecting Dark Angels. That's why.
He doesn't know for what reason he's doing it.
He doesn't know about their creepy obsession.
>>
File: Asmodai.jpg (461 KB, 584x788) Image search: [Google]
Asmodai.jpg
461 KB, 584x788
>>44748591
>Grey Knight can't structure a proper sentence to save his life

This is why we kill off scouts who act tardy, lest they infect the geneseed.
>>
>>44744359
PRAISE THE EMPEROR!
>>
>>44744030
>The Grey Knights know about the Fallen aboard the Rock and many of the Dark Angels secrets
>‘Is he up there in those dungeons of yours, along with all those others you’ve collected down the centuries? What do you want with them? What is it that you do to them?’
He knew enough to bluff Azrael, but he didn't have specifics, and couldn't get them from Epimetheus either. He hasn't got the grounds to go after the Dark Angels. It would just be the Months of Shame all over again. And, of course, Draigo's a little indisposed at the moment.
>>
>>44747172
Lol do you know how psychologically horrifying and disturbing the process of gaining entry to the inner circle is? It breaks almost everyone, those that make it are shadows of their former selves who rarely speak and are the most dark and brooding figures in the entire forty fucking kay universe. A member of the inner circle falling to chaos? These niggers are so hard they make the grey knights look like pussies, dark angels know how evil their souls are, grey knights do not.
>>
>>44748058
No they don't. They have many, many successors and they have incorporated some of the roles of the Administratum in Ultramar (Marnius Calgar is also planetary governor of Macragge and commands the PDF) but their successors do not take orders from Calgar the way the Grand Masters of Unforgiven chapters do from Azrael.
>>
>>44748856
>the most dark and brooding figures in the entire forty fucking kay universe
Well, I mean, you've spent a couple of centuries bekng told that loyalty is the highest calling, despise the heretic, punish the guilty, etc. And then one day you find out Surprise! Half a Legion's worth of you brothers are out there doing heretical things. No wonder the Inmer Circle is obsessed.
Actually, now that I think about it, that's probably Asmodai's deal. He joined the Inner Circle before getting through all of the apocryphal tales and philosophical preparation that the DA try to use to soften the blow.
>>
I went to bed last night hoping this thread would close so I wouldn't have to continue the madness.
>>
>>44747563
Wrong, because the Unforgiven operate in many ways as a legion, something the Ultramarine successors do not, in any way.
>>
>>44749462
if you don't want to continue, then just fucking leave ya daft cunt
>>
>>44749316
>Half a Legion.

Is this even canon? Why did Lion keep half a Legion on the rock. I thought it Luther and a chapter worth of scrub marines
>>
>>44743877
See if you read that, it implies something that would have been perfectly acceptable for the reduction of the BT numbers. They have a massive ship for a chapter of much greater size. So they must have had a much bigger size chapter at one point.
Would be fine wih "BT's used to be huge, all died of in crusades of attrition" instead of "lol nope they are normal size and always have been."
>>
>>44749505
Frankly the Ultra's Successor Chapters are just so many that even less then a third of them acted as a legion they would still be many more than the DA ones
>>
>>44749574
According to the Horus Heresy novels/novellas/short stories/audiodramas, out of about 150,000 Dark Angels (30 Orders, 5 Chapters to an Order, 1000 marines to a Chapter), 20,000 were stationed on Caliban at the time of the Heresy.

There may be a equal numbers of loyalists and Fallen by the time the Lion returns to Caliban if Luther keeps recruiting and the loyalists keep taking casualties, but currently, the disposition of the Dark Angels is

20,000 in Ultramar, under the command of the Lion.

~100,000 spread across multiple systems, operating as individual Orders at the command of Corswain.

~20,000 on Caliban, under the command of Luther. Some number of these are under guard after trying to depose Luther.

5,000, under direct command of Corswain, heading towards Caliban to ask Luther to mobilize and fight on the Loyalist side of the Heresy. Bet that'll go well.
>>
>>44749771
They both
a) don't limit themselves to Codex strength
b) regularly embark on highly dangerous Crusades (dangerous even by Astartes standards)

I expect their fighting strength yoyos a fair deal. Ranging from 600-3000 at any one time strikes me as not an unreasonable assumption.
>>
File: 4chan.png (31 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
4chan.png
31 KB, 300x100
>>44749572
I wish it was that easy.
>>
File: bestrongfortheemperor.jpg (3 KB, 60x125) Image search: [Google]
bestrongfortheemperor.jpg
3 KB, 60x125
>>44749794
Its true that no chapter can match the smurfs by successors.
>>
>>44750925
Is that a meme for ants?
>>
>>44750953
You have to be a member of the Inner Circle to see these memes.
>>
>>44747963
The Dark Angels have Eight Battle Barges as well, but only Sixteen Strike Cruisers.

So yeah, they're out-gunned by the Wolves in space.
>>
>>44748209
No they don't. To our knowledge we only know of four battle barges. That's downright pathetic when it comes to Chapter Fleets.
>>
>>44752523
>they're out-gunned by the Wolves in space.
Ignoring the Rock, of course. That thing has got a lot of guns.
>>
>>44752647
Why would one even try to attack the Rock when you can just attack sigle DA fleets when they come out hunting for the Fallen?
>>
>>44752548
>No they don't.

Ye they do, they are noted to have an over large fleet due to all the damage ships can sustain while flying through Chaos.
>>
>>44752856
That's the smart way to go about it, assuming their pattern of behaviour is apparent in universe, but where Dark Angels are threatened, the Rock tends to arrive. Just look at Styx.
>>
File: 1440525702706.jpg (125 KB, 736x969) Image search: [Google]
1440525702706.jpg
125 KB, 736x969
>>44748856
underrated post
>>
Carcharadons, Minotaurs, Blood Angels, White Scars, Space wolves, Ultramarines, Scythes of the emperor and Red scorpions. Anyone of these could defeat the Dark Angels Singlehandedly.
>>
>>44744488
Those aren't hate-duels. They're honour duels to remember when their primarchs clashed heads. They're actually pretty good buds.
>>
>>44753654
Nah, it's hate duels. Often to the death.
>>
>>44753679
Only when Ragnar freaks out. It's supposed to be to first blood. Really, if nothing else, the Wolves would probably back the DA against the Inquisition just so they have someone to compete with. One suspects that they would be rather miffed at the suggestion they have a weak rival.
>>
>>44753679
Nigga if I wasn't 400 miles away from my codex. They're honour duels between two chapters who respect each other greatly but also honour their primarchs by re-enacting the original duel. Death is a possible, but rare
>>
>>44753891
>>44753927
Nope it's hate fueled.
The Lion and Russ grew to be on better terms, but over time relationships degraded.
They even used to get preferred enemy against each other.
>>
>they wear robe on power armor
Therefore they must trip very often.
>>
>>44754154
You don't get to leave the 10th Company until you've proven you won't trip on the robes. It screws up the formations.
>>
>>44744148
Well the Space Wolves then have a pretty good chance of blasting the Dark Angels into nothingness since they have an equal number of Battle Barges, almost twice as many Strike Cruisers, and Retribution-class Battleship.
>>
File: bettertodie.jpg (479 KB, 1600x1196) Image search: [Google]
bettertodie.jpg
479 KB, 1600x1196
>>44753342
>Red Scorpions
>Scythes of the Emperor

Literally who, the chapter.

>Carcharadons
>Minotaurs

One step above Khornates, with tactics to match, don't stand a chance against any first legion, let alone DA.

>Space Wolves
>Ultramarines

Ultramarines would get fucked by their own codex compliance, as they'd find themselves outgunned.
If its chapter v chapter then you might have a point with Space Wolves... although what with The Rock and the fact that we've got a slumbering primarch just waiting for something like that... it would be interesting.
>>
>>44752952
We know their fleet size anon, they've got named vessels. It's fucking tiny.
>>
>>44755087
>Lion wakes up
>Start beating his own marines because their wasting time fighting their own brothers instead of defending the Imperium

>Than Leman Russ comes out from the Eye of Terror
>>
>>44755152
You may know some. But their fleet is described as being very large.
>>
File: onalllevels.jpg (3 KB, 111x125) Image search: [Google]
onalllevels.jpg
3 KB, 111x125
>>44755167
And precedes to get autism-punched once again.
>>
>>44755803
>Saves the thumbnail
I still want to see what it says tho
>>
>>44755843
I'm a heretic under this power armour.
>>
>>44743376
Space Wolves and Black Templars are about 1k1 to 1k4 now
>>
>>44740994
what if - for reasons - the da must fight the high lords. which chapters join them? unforgiven, certainly; but who else?
as for reasons, say two - fallen treachery revealed; or high lord treachery suspected
>>
>>44762174
Considering marines have teamed up to take out the high lords before it is most likely that marines would for the most part stick together.
>>
>>44762493
or stay out of it all together - remember Goge Vandire managed to rule the imperium uncontested by the space marines for 70-odd years - AND remember the nova terra interregnum which saw the imperium split for a few hundred (?) years: we do not know which marine chapters served on which side during that conflict (do we?)
>>
>>44762174
it seems to me the blood angels and space wolves might give the da's the benefit of the doubt. also the crimson fists - who were helped by the entire raven wing back in 989 when they got ork-thumped.
>>
>>44744359
>He even chats with Dark Angel Dreadnoughts because he's so chill for motivation speeches. A Deathwing Terminator gets depressed after getting demolished by a Nurgle infection, but the Emperor comes to him and coaches him out of his depression.
Source, Brother?
>>
Taking a good look of this thread I don't know who to go for. I like Dark Angels, but I also like Grey Knights, Space Wolves and Ultramarines. I'll probably go Dangle but only because they're my favorite chapter next to the Bangles.
>>
>>44763132
Second and third books in the Legacy of Caliban series. Deathwing Terminator gets mortally wounded and almost gives up on life, but the Emperor gives him the will to live with constant pep talks even after he's been fully healed and put in a Dreadnought. Cause the Emperor's a bro.
>>
>>44763702
ah it nice seeing Emperor take to people
what are other examples where emperor talk to character?
i only remember Eisenhorn
>>
>>44740994
man these DA have tons shit terminator armors, plasma guns ,bikes , vengeance land speeders and areotech fighter
their commanders are all super duper talents rise through ranks rise through space marine ranks meteoric
>>
>>44762174
Likely the Founding Chapters will either join them (pretty likely for Space Wolves and Blood Angels especially) or stay out of the fray- they wouldn't be willing to repeat the Horus Heresy for the High Lords. For the Emperor, yes...
>>
>>44744100
I'm going to say the Ordo Malleus, which being an Inquisitorial branch can call on pretty much anything else in the entire Imperium to come help out, ignoring the ridiculous stuff some of the Inquisitors alone have. is going to outmatch the Dark Angels.
>>
>>44741126
Really depends on the battle.
If they siege imperial fists, they probably lose.
If they defend against Iron hands in urban, lose.
If they go up against space wolves in right terrain, lose.
Basically it depends greatly on the scenario.
I play Tau so I don't know specifics, but the difference between f**ked and not f**ked often lies in where they do battle and other factors like that.
>>
>>44762963
I can't see the Crimson Fists going against the High Lords, the Imperial Fists definitely wouldn't, Dorn was pretty pro-Imperium, even by marine standards.
>>
>>44744064
Admittedly they also receive the rarest and best armours and weapons in the imperium, excluding the mechanicus, who hoard all the best tech.
To the point, they are better equipped then standard sm.
Also they are trained so so SO much harder then normal space marines. So hard they forget everything about themselves.
>>
>>44744380
Didn't need it.
You took it.
>>
>>44747363
Yea.
Only tanks work like that.
A good strat is a tank with terminators inside.
Tank takes fire, Terminators get out next to them and f**k them up. Nightmare for small games with tau.
>>
>>44767702
Wasn't it described in one of the grey knights codexes that a grey knight is to a normal marine, what a normal marine is to a human?
>>
>>44747463
And they haven't gone back in time in jumps and saved your emperor?
Join the Tau, we think for the greater good.
>>
>>44748856
>so hard they make grey knights look like pussies.
Actually, not true, for chaos terms at least.
Inner circle have stupidly strong wills, and can take some stupidly strong shit.
But Grey knights have the same thing essentially, gruling entry trials.
(sorry I don't know the specifics)
They also have the Aegis, which is basically a psychic barrier of immense power that is basically impregnable. Combined with their names, which also possess anti daemon qualities, being the bane of a particular daemon somewhere. Also their entire body and armanant is engineered to prevent corruption by other entities.
In terms of chaos, Inner circle are by no means pussies, but all in all are still more prone then GK. Not that it even matters at that stage.
>>
>>44755087
Actually correct me yif I am incorrect, but is it known for a fact he is in there.
To my knowledge it was only a speculation of his whereabouts.
>>
>>44767818
I do not know enough too say.
I am infact a tau player with a bit of knowledge about a wide array of 40k factions.
>>
>>44767818
I think it was said about Custodes
>>
>>44765065
Inquisiton War, and that story about his final duel with Horus.
>>
>muh space assets

god this poster is an annoying faggot. i'd prefer to wade through 10 Russ threads, because at least they're good natured.
>>
File: 200px-Minotaur_Marine.jpg (27 KB, 200x291) Image search: [Google]
200px-Minotaur_Marine.jpg
27 KB, 200x291
Minotaurs

They arrive with 15 brand spanking new ships, and 1000 sets of Terminator Armour courtesy of the High Lords of Terra.

The end.
>>
>>44752965
The rock is a giant floating asteroid. It can't move that fast. Just wipe the fleet before the rocks arrives and let it find the DA bodies displayed in order to mimick autofellatio
>>
>>44748551
underrated post
>>
>>44744571
(muttering) lion you and your sons have issues.
>>
>>44767700
However pro-imperium he might have been, the chances of his chapter turning on their First Founding cousins on the High Lord's orders are pretty slim. I think the only thing that could make any of the first chapters outright turn on one another would be clear, blatant chaos corruption.
>>
>>44771742
^
Minotaurs are great at fucking up other chapters.
>>
File: caveman.jpg (221 KB, 620x334) Image search: [Google]
caveman.jpg
221 KB, 620x334
>>44747051
>being a fag for liking the first legion

Let me guess, your faction got BTFO by them at some point in time?
Stay mad, kid.
>>
>>44747399
Are you suggesting your Mary Sues can do what THE EMPEROR HIMSELF could not? In the Battle of Terra, even big E had to wait for Horus' void shields to go down before he could teleport onto his flagship to confront him...
Sounds like heresy if you ask me.
>>
>>44772393
Pretty much this. I think there's even more to it, though.
If the High Lords brought hard proof of the Fallen, they might get support, especually from people the DA ran out on recently, but even then, a lot of Chapters would probably shrug and call it an internal matter. If they just tried to slap the Unforgiven down for being administratively difficult or talking to their successors a lot, that would be a shot at every Chapter. They do value their independence. The whole First Founding, most of the Second, and probably every chapter on good terms with their progenitor or having even one skeleton in their closet would back the DA regardless of their opinion on the Unforgiven, because it would be a threat to them too. If the High Lords wanted to start the Azrael Heresy, they would need ironclad proof just to have a loyalist side.
>>
>>44772483
>Implying the rock has voidshields as powerful as Horus
>Implying the Grey Knights, being all Psykers, can't manage to create a tiny little ripple in them so that they can pass through it
>Implying The Emps would've needed Horus to lower his voidshields to get on board, but he had to wait to allow his strike team to get on the ship with him
>>
>>44767939
Yeah its confirmed in their codex, he's most certainly in The Rock somewhere, alive and sleeping. The Watchers in the Dark (or some such nonsense) recovered him from Caliban.
>>
>>44772375
>Magnus
>Issues

I feel your pain brother, we are consistently at the top of the pops for autism.
>>
>>44767939
He is on the rock. The DA don't know it tho.

Or they know it and are keeping him in statis to prevent him from waking up and ruin the joyous heresy they're coveting
>>
>>44772523

Is there a single example in the canon of psykers disrupting a battle-barge (or similar entity)'s voidshields enough to teleport through them?
>>
>>44772523
I will go beyond implication.
Yes, the Rock's void shields are more powerful than Vengeful Spirit's. No, the Grey Knights cannot Mary Sue a hole in them. Yes, the Emperor had to wait for Horus to lower his void shields because this isn't a matter of psychic might, it's a matter of teleporters not working that way.
>>
>>44772517
Sometimes I wish GW would do what Marvel does and give us "alternate dimensions" where they can advance the lore with things that would actually upset the balance (like the aforementioned "Azrael Heresy") while simultaneously maintaining the balance in their universe 0. But then again, that's what fans are for.
>>
>>44767939
All sources state that he is but nobody knows, except the watchers in the dark and maybe the emps.

>>44768238
I believe it was the custodes
>>
>>44772616
I agree on the second and third point, so it's a little moot, but I'd be interested in hearing your reasoning on the first point.
>>
>>44772965
Admittedly conjecture, but my thinking is thus. While Vengeful Spirit was an astoundingly huge ship, the Rock is more akin to a moon with engines stuck on. It has more room for power generation, givng it greater potential. We know the Tower of Angels' shield could stand up to orbital bombardment that was melting the rest of the planet, so the DA have access to some pretty substantial shields. Furthermore, the Rock is a huge, if sturdy, target that needs protection from all angles, and probably relies on its shields to hold together during acceleration. Taken as a whole, I conclude that the Rock's shielding, at least around any zones worth teleporting into, is at minimum the match of Vengeful Spirit's, even with Chaos screwing with conventional measures of the latter. Though it's fortunate you believe the other arguments, because that is by far my weakest premise.
>>
>>44740994
Ultras.
But the real question is if the dark angels could beat Rinne Tensei Madara Uchiha using the Rinnegan and Mangekyou Sharingan with a Susanoo armored Kyuubi?
>>
>>44743957

Azrael is top end mortal.

Kharn has passed a good bit beyond that.

Not quite a fair scrap.
>>
>>44748856
Other chapters have faced down turning trator and the penance that comes with it, DA just took it like bitches who dont want to lose face in front of everyone else.

Its no more psychologically horrifying than any other chapter that had gone through the same thing.
>>
>>44744088

Putting the Malleus up against the entire First Legion by a different name is like showing up to a sword fight with a handful of one inch scalpels.

Plenty sharp, but the wrong tool for the job.
>>
>>44740994
Fists have the Phalanx which is probably on par with if not better than The Rock
BT have one of the largest fleets, the Eternal Crusader and the best ship commander in the Imperium
>>
>>44773365
Its much, much worse.
The destroyed their entire homeworld over the heresy and lost their primarch in the bargain. The indoctrination into the Inner Circle for chaplains that survive crushes them into grim shadows of their former selves- all because they know that the very existence of their chapter hangs on the notion that absolutely no one can know there are still Fallen Angels running around out there. While for most chapters their fallen brothers are distant sources of vague shame, for the Dark Angels they are a constant threat and their annihilation the ultimate goal of the chapter, with some Unforgiven founded exclusively for hunting them.
>>
>>44774040
And you think that's bad compared to a chapter like the lamenters?
>>
>>44767618
a thoughtful and intelligent answer - MODS!!

srsly tho - this>>44741126
is the correct answer, too
>>
>>44767702
the game stats do not bear out your assertion - the difference, mechanically, between gk's and sm's is, what, slightly higher ws and psionics? face it - a marine is a marine is a marine.
>>
File: 1443045762390.jpg (27 KB, 349x344) Image search: [Google]
1443045762390.jpg
27 KB, 349x344
>>44767757
you don't know how fishin' works, son
>>
>>44767821
the DA breached time and - well - now we have the Imperium of Man.....
>>
>>44767907
i like your post! just to clarify what >>44748856
said (as i see it) The point that anon was making is that the gk are MADE to be resistant to chaos from the beginning, while the inner circle have come to be resistant thru centuries of bad-assery - implying that such experience makes them intrinsically harder and grimmer.
>>
>>44772101
SILENCE FALLEN SCUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>44772517
seems reasonable - i came into this thread assuming the sm's would be split in their support/condemnation of the da's - but opinions seem to be leaning toward sm's being bros and not turning on one another - which is born out by the facts of Vandire's Reign of Blood. noice! consider my mind altered.
>>
>>44772619
yay us! we seem to have shaken things out in this thread, at least enuf to get a dim view of 'what if'
>>
>>44743376
>Non-Codex Organization

Do you even know what the Dark Angels do? Are you arguing about things you know nothing about? The Dark Angels are, hands down, the largest chapter because all of their successor chapters are literally just the Dark Angels with a different name so that they can say "Hey we're totally following the rules lol".
>>
>>44773185
'weakest premise'? i don't think so - at the end of the legacy of caliban series SPOILERS the da's finally power up the Rock. Think about that - for the last 10,000 years they've been running the Rock on minimal power; but as of 13th Black Crusade, the Rock is now fully activated. Fully fucking activated. It hammered the fleet of Typhus and sent the Terminus Est to route. All By Itself.
>>
>>44774366
the Lamenters, while being waay awesome, have not spent the last 10,000 years doin' the dirty behind the scenes - they are of the Cursed Founding, so folks expect them to do weird shit; First Foundings don't do dark stuff (right?)
>>
File: Breacher.jpg (389 KB, 669x882) Image search: [Google]
Breacher.jpg
389 KB, 669x882
>>44772455
>your faction got BTFO by the DA
>stay mad

Where were the DA during the Siege of Terra?
>>
>>44774923
to be fair, anon - unless we are discussing some galaxy-wide schism, we should limit the 1v1 discussion to da chapter, NOT legion.
so, it's not right to invoke the unforgiven when some oversized chapter comes calling - besides, the da's are not in the least intimidated by superior numbers.
>>
>>44774923

>"Hey we're totally following the rules lol".
You know, one of my favorite things about the DA/SW rivalry is how the two chapters managed to go in opposed directions and come back around to basically the same place. They both, for completely different reasons, dodge Codex restrictions, reject all accountability, kill Inquisitors for messing with them, and just do as they will across the galaxy without any explanation. From the High Lords' perspective they're probably indistinguishable. They probably have dartboards with Logan's and Azrael's faces on them.

>>44774924
Cool, but I've still got to read those. It's my worst argument because it's guesswork coming from me, while I'm quite sure teleporting through void shields isn't a function of psychic power.
>>
>>44775131
SILENCE HERETIC!!!!!!!
>>
>>44774923
>thinks the ultramarines aren't doing the same thing
>thinks that wasn't guilliman's plan all along

I know you Worst Legion fags are stupid but goddamn.
>>
>>44775145
Well, considering that they have chosen Logan as supreme leader of all the Imperium forces on Cadia, I'd assume that their impression of the Space Wolves (and the Dark Angels) are not so grim.
They know/think that those two chapters are complete assholes, but they also know that if shit hits the fan they will fight for the sake of the Imperium unless they find a Fallen on the other side of the galaxy
>>
>>44753342
The Sythes are all but wiped out, are you just throwing names at the wall and hoping one would stick?
>>
>>44775145
to your first point - that seems perfectly reasonable - and hilarious - that the high lords would see da's and sw's in exactly the same light, while they see themselves as almost exact opposites.
to your second point - sorry i blew one of the ending's cool surprises for you. And I have not found any examples of psykers breaching void shields (except maybe magnus)
>>
>>44775026
That means nothing. He was saying that the dark angels response to the fallen is defendable compared to other chapters with traitors because they have it much worse off.
My point is that in the grand scheme of things, the dark angels not only don't have it worse off, but those that really do have it worse off, the lamenters in this case, take it like an Astartes and don't hide their shame, and put their own interest ahead of the imperium's in order to keep that shame hidden. In fact, in the lamenters case, they not only had it worse off than the dark angels, but they end up being better as people/Astartes than the dark angels, to the point that the lamenters are one of the few cases of what could be called "good guys' in the 40k setting
>>
File: 1451683584842.gif (561 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1451683584842.gif
561 KB, 625x626
>>44775197
bitch, pls!
>>
>>44775232
>They know/think that those two chapters are complete assholes, but they also know that if shit hits the fan they will fight for the sake of the Imperium
Oh, that's why the Marines are allowed to operate so far outside the standard chain of command in the first place. They're not going to be popular, but they're rather indispensible.
Besides, Luther and Ezekiel both claim the Fallen are concentrated around Cadia, so the Gate should be getting their full attention.
>>
>>44775304
yes
the Lamenters have not been hiding their secret, as you say
which was my point, because for 10,000 years the da's HAVE been hiding their secret. THAT'S the shame they are hiding. NOT the traitors; but what they've been doing because of their traitors. And they can't defend that. And they know it. THAT'S the da's flaw.
>>
>>44775346
...and Cypher's heading for Terra, to give the Emps a little something.....
>>
>>44740994
Imperial Fist because of the Phalanx and space faring superiority.
>>
>>44774924
... hey Abbadon?
Yes?
Can I borrow your sh...
No!
Bu...
I will not have my ship looking like yours.
But I need it.
Tough.
>>
>>44775462
He's the Disciples' problem. Or would be, if all the Unforgiven hadn't been diverted to the Gate. So everyone's just hoping that his little something is delivered pommel first, instead of point first.
>>
>>44774924
>It hammered the fleet of Typhus and sent the Terminus Est to route. All By Itself.
>Literal weaponized moon solos conventional fleet. More at Eleven.
The Rock's terrifying in a fight even at nominal power. It and the Sword Fleet went toe-to-toe with the Red Corsairs and Black Legion navies at the Adamantine Fields after a numerically superior Imperial fleet got its shit kicked in (admittedly, the Imperial admiral was a moron), and when they were done, the DA and GK just strolled into Pandorax. The IF have about the only individual Navy that can be directly compared, much less outgun the DA, and that's less the numerical superiority than because they've got a moon of their own. And even then, at least the Rock isn't infested by hostile daemons.
>>
>>44776055
I'm sure the Emperor will be fine...
but speaking of the unforgiven at cadia - where is this mentioned? this is the first i've heard this news - last thing i knew, the imp forces at cadia were grumpy that the da's weren't there at all...
>>
>>44776454
It's the last item on the timeline in the 6E and 7E codices. Azrael calls up the successors, and sends them all in, with the Rock en route itself. As of 999M41, they're heading to the Gate, but won't arrive until early 001M42 (read as: never).
>>
>>44744300
made up latter day fan wank chapter pls go
>>
>>44776634
thanx anon! the last couple editions have left me behind. Too bad the unforgiven will never arrive, as you say.
>>
>>44771791
>Asteroid

Actually it's planetoid sized, and it's just as speedy as any large IOM battleship due to the fuckhuge engines strapped onto it, coupled with warp engines.

A Mekboy would shed a tear looking at the Tower of Angels.
>>
>>44772523
The Rock actually has MORE powerful void shields than Horus' flagship. The Tower of Angels' void shields are so strong they survived the cyclonic torpedoes that destroyed Caliban. They can tank shots from fucking exterminatus munitions.
>>
>>44775462
No, Cypher is gone. At the end of the Legacy of Caliban books Cypher opens up a portal to the destruction of Caliban and jumps ten thousand years into the past. So now there's two Cyphers in the immediate post heresy era.
>>
>>44777305
>DA have their own not so secret legion
>DA have dormant primarch present in their stronghold
>DA have the only working jetbike in Imperium
>DA have more terminators suits than chapters with working knowledge of technology
>muh antiarmor plasma focus
>DA have fuckton of relics
>DA stronghold is a huge starship bigger than Eldar craftworld
Dark Angels sound like child attempt to make the bestest space marine Chapter evar
>>
>>44777502
so it seems - but you really don't think geedubs is gonna just leave Cypher in the past now, do you?
>>
>>44777627
No no, that's the Ultramarine chapter. Everyone knows that
>>
File: 1442390862794.jpg (23 KB, 478x373) Image search: [Google]
1442390862794.jpg
23 KB, 478x373
>>44777627
well, we thank you for conceding defeat, baitanon!
>>
>>44777720
First time I post here today, my sensitive friend
>>
>>44777720
oh, don't mistake me - not attacking you personally, i'm only here as an agent of the Dark Angels, defending their honor 'n such.
You must admit, your post was clearly bait.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.