[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /tg/, /a/ here, Any really simple games like this that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7
File: Monsters World.png (2 MB, 2480x2576) Image search: [Google]
Monsters World.png
2 MB, 2480x2576
Hello /tg/, /a/ here,
Any really simple games like this that I can print and play with my friends? I want to advance this to 3-4 players but I'm not a Fa/tg/uy and can't think of a way to do this
>>
Bump for interest
>>
>>44739413
... you could try DnD?
draw a battleground yourself like pictured. Set up some monsters from the monster manual. Give your players some premade classes that you can design yourself or steal from the starter pack, and there you go. Nothing required except character sheets and a selfdrawn battlefield.

3.5 would probably be best for this? I don't know if 5th still works as well with the grid system since it's more freeform.

There are proper board games like this, but I can't think of any on the top of my head and they wouldn't be able to just be printed.
>>
>>44739413
There are a lot of old games about on this level of complexity, but I have no idea how you'd find them. I've never seen a repository of them.

If you're okay with roleplaying games there's some one page rpgs you can play. I'm sure someone here has a folder of them.
>>
File: Duel Art (57).jpg (175 KB, 714x1000) Image search: [Google]
Duel Art (57).jpg
175 KB, 714x1000
>>44742583
One page RPGs sounds cool.

>>44742541
I'm a literal virgin to DnD so it's very intimidating. I might try that out though.
>>
>>44742820
If you don't wanna create an adventure, use a precreated module. I got my start with Sunless Citadel. It's great for first timers. Make sure you have a solid grasp on the mechanics though. If you don't wanna run 3.5e though, some of the starter adventures for 5e work just as well
>>
Hey /tg/
Here is a thought I just had.
What if we all try making some of these one page games based on our favorite systems?
>>
File: demo afmbe.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
demo afmbe.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44742541
>3.5 would probably be best for this?
No. Fuck off.

>>44739413
>>44742820
OP, what you want to do is find some quickstarts and play those. Many have enough material to last two sessions and you don't need to worry about building characters. You can find them on sites like RPGnow or directly from the publishers.

Here's the a quickstart PDF for Terra Primate to start with.
>>
File: Demo-Terra.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Demo-Terra.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44743998
Whoops, that was All Flesh Must be Eaten, this is Terra Primate.
>>
File: Cauldron #0 artless.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Cauldron #0 artless.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44744046
Heroes & Other Worlds pregen characters, basic rules, and adventure.
>>
http://onesevendesign.com/lasers_and_feelings_rpg.pdf
Free easy RPG, everything you need in a single page.

Actually, One Seven Design (pretty much just John Harper, his playtesters, and whoever does the layout, right?) is full of this kind of thing. Some of it is pretty good.
http://onesevendesign.com/

Lady Blackbird gets a lot of love for being easy to get newcomers playing. It's basically steampunk-ish Star Wars/pirates with pregenerated characters.
http://www.onesevendesign.com/ladyblackbird/lady_blackbird.pdf

There's also DEATH SCHOOL, which is hilarious and is basically the Lady Blackbird system except you're playing out an over-the-top 80s action movie. Complete with all the minority PCs being required to die.
http://www.bullypulpitgames.com/news/2012/02/06/free-game-february-death-school/
>>
>>44742820
Don't be intimidated by DnD, you don't need all of DnD for your purposes. All you need are to read the combat chapter, pick out what you want in your game and ignore the rest of the special actions. Then simply use starter characters and premade monsters and have it be the rules for how the two interact.
You can ignore the rest of the system at your leisure.
>>
File: Duel Art (70).jpg (158 KB, 687x1000) Image search: [Google]
Duel Art (70).jpg
158 KB, 687x1000
>>44744210
>>44744208
>>44744105
>>44744046
>>44743998
>>44743574
Thanks a lot for all of your suggestions. Time to take the big leap into being a fa/tg/uy.
>>
>>44739413
If you feel like boardgame-ish vidya, there's
www.desktopdungeons.net
i think they still offer the old, freeware version for download. What it is, is a miniature, screen-sized roguelike that plays more like a puzzle, a solitaire. P. amusing.
>>
File: Ryuutama - 30 pagsb.jpg (579 KB, 1102x1600) Image search: [Google]
Ryuutama - 30 pagsb.jpg
579 KB, 1102x1600
>>44739413
Try Ryuutama or Tavern Tales.
Both are easy to pick up.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.