[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Game Finder Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 12
File: 1437807291702.jpg (65 KB, 500x434) Image search: [Google]
1437807291702.jpg
65 KB, 500x434
>GM or Player
>System(s)
>Time availability
>Text or Voice
>Contact Information
>Additional Information
>>
>>44738856
Bump
>>
>>44738856
>GM or Player
GM
>System(s)
D&D 4e
>Time availability
EST, Schedule is a little wonky because of retail, but usually available on the evenings
>Text or Voice
Text would be preferred, though I'd be willing to consider voice, at least for OOC
>Contact Information
Rycton on skype
>Additional Information
Nothing too serious, got a hankering to run 4e, want to get something together. Already have one person. I can provide books, and am more than happy to help newcomers. I'm pretty flexible as a DM, though expect a decent bit of cheesiness, and a smattering of weebshit.
>>
>>44739464
On the off chance that this isn't bait, or yet another troll, i sent you an invite.
Also bump for good measure.
>>
>GM or Player

Player. Afraid of DMing because I'm no good with on-the-spot creative methods/improv.

>System(s)

D&D 4e or 5e, VtM, looking to try DH 1e (or 2e), also interested in L5R 4e, SR5, and Traveller

>Time availability

I work part-time as a cart pusher for a hardware store, so my schedule is kinda sporadic, but if I can make it to your game, I will move the heavens and the Earth to make it. Luckily I'm available this weekend EST since apparently the scheduling software that my company uses has smiled upon me.

>Text or Voice

Voice or in person; see below

>Contact Information

Skype is deathwatchgm no I don't actually DM DW games, please don't ask me to

Email is [email protected]

>Additional Information

If you happen to be in the Columbia, MD/Ellicott City, MD area, shoot me an email so we can set up a face to face game.
>>
live thread
>>
>GM or Player
GM
>System(s)
Hunter: The Vigil
>Time availability
Weekend mornings and nights, GMT+8
>Text or Voice
Text, with optional voice chat for OOC discussion
>Contact Information
Protact on Roll20
>Additional Information
You play as members of an online serial killer tracking and monitoring group who discover and piece together a series of bizarre deaths and disappearances which other investigators have dismissed.
>>
>>44742568
Is Hunter easy to learn/do you accept newbies?
>>
>GM or Player
Player who is running a shadowrun 4e game on the side
>System(s)
degenesis
>Time availability
Friday/sat are my days off from work but I work nights so mid week can work as long we don't start very late
>Text or Voice
Either is fine
>Contact Information
Tsuka on skype
>Additional Information
Degenesis looks to be really neat so I would really like to try playing that.
>>
>GM or Player
Player
>System(s)
Familiar with PF/3.5, oWoD, L5R. Willing to learn anything.
>Time availability
Weekdays ending sessions before 00:00 GMT
>Text or Voice
Voice preferred, can't type worth shit
>Contact Information
DoctorPhanan on Skype
>Additional Information
No online experience.
>>
So who's up for some saucy ERP games?
>>
>>44746081

I wish. I had one nice 1 on 1 ERP session with a cool GM but sadly he dropped off the face of the Earth. I'd love to try again but you know, players are expendable.
>>
>>44746125
I am willing to screen you for possible running, if you are ready and willing.
>>
>>44746151

How do I even know what sort of fetishes you are running and the system? How are you going to 'screen' me?

But why not? Fire away.
>>
>>44746221
Alright.
#TotallyAnERP
Server is Rizon.
>>
>>44745478
Yeah, it's a pretty damn simple system.
>>
File: fc,220x200,black.u2.jpg (6 KB, 220x200) Image search: [Google]
fc,220x200,black.u2.jpg
6 KB, 220x200
>>44738856

>GM or Player
GM

>System(s)
I have two ideas up, both under New World of Darkness 2e/Chronicles of Darkness or whatever.

Vampire: the Requiem (Meiji Japan)
Changeling: the Lost (1930's Noir Boston)

>Time availability
Anytime, it's play-by-post because I live in the Japan and fuck my timezone.

>Text or Voice
Text, play-by post.

>Contact Information
[email protected]

>Additional Information
I have two other players so far, with one vote for Vampire and one vote for Changeling.
>>
Hey GMs and Players! Come join #LFG on Rizon IRC to recruit players, look for a game and talk nerd with your fellow traditional gamers!

#LFG on Rizon IRC: Idle like it'll give you xp!
>>
File: boogieman.jpg (183 KB, 800x621) Image search: [Google]
boogieman.jpg
183 KB, 800x621
>GM or Player
GM
>System(s)
Rifts Chaos Earth
>Time availability
Evening/Night America Time
>Text or Voice
Voice, Roll20
>Contact Information
#RiftsOOC on Rizon IRC
>Additional Information
Imagine your own hometown cut off without warning from the rest of the world. Communications beyond city or county limits no longer exist. Except for local emergency broadcasts, there is nothing on the television, radio or internet but static. Telephones and cell phones are dead. Off in the distance you hear frequent bursts of shouting, screams, gunfire, sirens and strange noises you can't identify, followed by an unnerving silence. Now cover your hometown in a foot of ash, with more lightly falling every hour, nonstop for days. The landscape is transformed into something like a winter scene, only there is the stench of sulfur and death in the air.

We're doing a Rifts Chaos Earth Resurrection game! New players are welcome. Chaos Earth takes place during the Great Cataclysm, the end of the world as we know it. The characters are survivors of a global catastrophe the likes of which mankind has never seen and it gets worse: Something is out there. Nobody can agree on what it is, but it's real and it's getting closer.

Join us at #RiftsOOC on Rizon IRC for more info!
>>
>>44746081
Is that offer still open?
>>
>>44747119
Hop into the IRC room and we'll see.
>>
>>44747119
For reference if you didn't see it, it's over here >>44746234
>>
Bumpy
>>
>>44738856
>>GM or Player
Player and GM in training. Relatively new to tabletops
>>System(s)
D&D 5e
>>Time availability
Thursdays and Fridays (sometimes during the evenings on weekdays)
>>Text or Voice
Both
>>Contact Information
GrimJoshua on skype
>>Additional Information
I'm pretty much up for anything really, just wanna have fun.
>>
File: starwars69897.jpg (21 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
starwars69897.jpg
21 KB, 600x300
>>44746081
Oh dear, it's happening again.
>>
So.....NewTo4chanfag here, but I would totally to join up with a game that met regularly via the interwebs
>>
b u m p u
>>
simple nigga bumpin fo sum ERP
>>
>>44742568
You ran a Hunter game with low-level PCs that got in touch with each other through an online hunter site almost exactly a year ago, didn't you?
>>
>>44751256
Wat
>>
>>44738856
>GM/Player
GM
>System
Demon the Fallen (oWOD)
>Times Available (with timezone!)
Saturdays, EST, Afternoon
>Method of Play (Skype, IRC, roll20, etc)
Skype (I run over voice, but I’m okay with text players) and roll20 (dice rolling and simple map)
>Contact Info
>Additional Notes
The players are Russian mobsters/criminals. It's mostly a sandbox style game about rising in the ranks of the criminal underworld, managing your worshipers, and creating and securing your own demonic court.
>>
So how bout dems exalted games
>>
>>44755222
;_;
>>
>>44755222
Nobody runs that game. Nobody.

I was mulling it over. Honestly I'd be willing to run it, I love the setting and the atmosphere, but the community just completely scares me away. That and coming exams making this a risky proposition.

Still, just to gauge peopke's interested, if I were to run an Exalted the game, with the caveat that you people don't make your character sheets and instead of telling me what your special snwoflakey characters are, you tell me what themes and stories you want to tell, would that be a fair deal?
>>
>>44757001
While I really enjoy trying my character idea work within a system's rules, if it got me into an exalted game I would be willing to go for it.
>>
File: ICE AGE.jpg (70 KB, 640x395) Image search: [Google]
ICE AGE.jpg
70 KB, 640x395
>GM/Player
GM
>System Preferred
GURPS 4th edition
sundays at 18:00 CET, I can run for six hours maximum. I have room to move it back or forth by an hour or two so I can play with people from the rest of europe.
https://rolz.org/
>Contact Info
Reach me on steam, I am called CrveniGavran.
>Additional Notes
I am running a game set in an ice age that will be centered on weather survival and exploration. There is no magic, no supernatural shit, only intelligent race are humans. Only deviation from realities ice age is a mouse-like parasite that latches on to people like a leech and keeps warm that way.
Due to the settings religious beliefs of reincarnation, and that people who were better off in life materially will be better off in the next life, people are not as kind as in our reality and many are just opportunists. Virtues such as kindness are a strange concept.
Pic related, what you can be expecting + Iron Age technology.
>>
>>44757001
That sounds fine and fair to me.
>>
>>44757001
>>44757325
And I accidentally'd a few words, but yeah, i would be interested.
>>
>>44747030
What if we don't know how to use IRC... (I know, I've been around entirely too long for not knowing that, but, whatever).

Do you have a Skype or a Roll20 account we can chat in? I'm assuming that it uses Palladium's Mega-damage system, right?
>>
>>44757529
Aawwwww yiisssssss,

It's GURPS baby! I'll contact you on Steam, count me in sounds baller.
>>
>>44758032
Gm's a flake master flake. don't worry about it.
>>
>>44759562
ah man, really?

That fucking sucks.

I mean, I've always wanted to run a GURS lite PA game, but, do you know of anyone else who might be interested?

[email protected] - I normally advertise my Twilight 2013 game (pretty much the same setting) but it never really gets off the ground.
>>
>GM/Player

GM

>System Preferred

Owod (Many house rules)

Saturdays (EST)

Skype and some roll20 (for dice rolls)

>Contact Info

[email protected]

>Additional Notes

The game is a Demon the Fallen set in an alternate history Russia. Email me for more details.
>>
>>44759562
You know, if games you are in keep ending the common denominator might be you
>>
>>44757001
>special snowflake
>Exalted
What?
>>
>>44757001
>don't make your character sheet

excuse me what
>>
Ignoring the mad ramblings of the guy upthread, he is right. The Exalted community is fucking terrible. I wouldn't run a game for any of you. You all tend to make terrible characters and then play them as people who really shouldn't have exalted as anything other than a Dragon Blooded.

If you want to play Exalted, find a good group then convince them to play.
>>
File: FoAChartv2.5postedversion.jpg (2 MB, 2340x2526) Image search: [Google]
FoAChartv2.5postedversion.jpg
2 MB, 2340x2526
>GM/Player
GM (posted on his behalf by player)
>Game
Pathfinder
>Method of Play(Skype, Roll20, IRC, Etc)
Skype for general discussion and planning, roll20 for gaming
>Times(Include timezones)
9pm(ish) to Midnight(ish) [-5 GMT/EST] Wednesdays
>Other
Renaissance-era evil campaign involving flying skyships/cities. Brief party summary included on Chart.
>Contact Information
>>
File: 50 years in the isocubes creep.gif (166 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
50 years in the isocubes creep.gif
166 KB, 500x281
>>44761228
>GM: Chocolate robot shota/loli gamemaster
>>
>GM or Player
Player
>System(s)
EarthDawn
>Time availability
Everyday except for Sundays Wednesdays and Fridays
>Text or Voice
Text, but can try voice
>Contact Information
>Additional Information
its my first and possibly favorite system, so i'm really looking forward to getting back into it.
>>
>>44762480
Make it 500, Judge. Throw away the fucking key.
>>
File: dredd.jpg (602 KB, 751x900) Image search: [Google]
dredd.jpg
602 KB, 751x900
>>44763629
500 sounds better, thank you citizen. Now, that's 3 days for giving a judge advice on how to do his job.
>>
>>44760218
The idea is that people first tell me broad themes and stories their characters will facilitate. Things like "the loss of someone very important" or "the struggle against the unfair establishment" or "a good person doing bad things for all the wrong reasons". Just so I know I'm talking to people who actually want to tell stories.

Then if you're in because I like the idea, you tell me about your character- most importantly their intimacies. Sldo their past, their background, their acomplishments, failures etc. And then based on that I make the character sheet. That will be a process that may be lengthy and the sheets will be revised more then ones, it's not like I'm just gonna drop them on you the day the game starts.

But it would be me who has complete oversight over them. The reason for me doing this is threefold: first- it will scare away anybody who isn't interested in telling a story but only interested in rolling characters and then orgazming over how awesome they are, which to my understanding is the majority of Exalted community. Two- it will ensure that nothing that lands on the sheet is going to break the game, because I know exactly what goes there. This is much more effective then vetoing specific player deisions myself. This is not because I don't trust the players, I don't trust the system. It was designed by bareley competent boobs and although it looks good on paper, I have very little trust that it work well and the way I want it to work. And if something that breakes the game ends up happening there is only one eprson I can blame for it- myself. So no conflict between the GM and players is ever possible on that level. And third- it makes people completely divorce their characters from the system and that is very important because the last thing I want is people who assign dots and then try to scrounge a working character backstory from this, which is the acceped process of character creation in WoD games.

Does that make it clear?
>>
>>44767404
Well, you going to post some contact information any time soon?
>>
Neverforgeeeeeeetttttttttttt
>>
>GM or Player
Player
>System(s)
D&D 5e
>Time Availability
(EST) Maybe Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, depends on just how busy I may be, but for the most part, I'll be free.
>Text or Voice
Text is the best option for me, maybe Voice
>Contact Information
nsfmole on Skype
>Additional Information
Pretty much a newcomer at this stuff, looking to start off with this system
>>
File: 1443205802974.png (30 KB, 194x194) Image search: [Google]
1443205802974.png
30 KB, 194x194
>GM or Player
Both.
>System
I'm looking to play: oWoD/nWoD, Exalted 3e, 40k RPGs, and others!
I can run: 40k RPGs, Savage Worlds, Night's Black Agents, and Exalted 3e.
>Schedule/Timezone
Very open availability.
>Contact Information
[email protected]
>Additional Info
I am looking to run alternating one on one text games with someone. We would take turns GMing different games, either every other week or on different days of the same week.
>>
>>44738856
>GM or Player
GM
>System
Rogue Trader(Can borrow from other Systems on GM Discretion)
>Schedule/Timezone
Eastern Standard Time.
Game will most likely be Tuesdays,
Wednesdays, Thursdays(Probably going to be taken), or Sundays.
>Voice or Text
Voice
>Contact Information
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Scivir/
>Additional Info
Players will have a selection of 5 scarce, 3 rare, 1 very rare and extremely rare item(Don't get excited, this is going to break)
You're going to be stranded on a planet trying to conquer it from Opposing forces.
Also I'm a very new DM so if I fuck up I need to be corrected on my mistakes.
Also you'll have a 1000exp buy.
And we're playing on roll20.
I just need one more player.
>>
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 250x239) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 250x239
>>44757001
>>44767404
No offense dude, but that sounds terrible. For starters, enjoying making a sheet and enjoying making a story are not mutually exclusive ideas. I for one enjoy building a sheet, not to "orgasm over how awesome I am", but just because I find the act of customizing my character enjoyable, much like someone who enjoys playing games like Skyrim or Fallout probably enjoys leveling up their stats and picking perks. Yes it's a ROLEPLAYING game, but it's also a roleplaying GAME, it's perfectly reasonable for someone to enjoy building a character.

Secondly, I find the idea of someone not only making my sheet for me but also deciding my character's backstory absolutely atrocious. Making everyone's sheets for them is a deal breaker for me, but I suppose some players would still be interested since they can still make their actual character at least. If you're going to make their backstories for them too, why even bother running a campaign? Why not just cut the players out entirely and just write a book? Because that honestly seems like what you really want to do. If you're taking away their sheet and their backstory, all that really leaves is roleplaying their character. If all I wanted to do was roleplaying a character, I'd go to one of those roleplaying forums /tg/ always makes fun of. At least then the character I'm roleplaying would be my character, if I can't make my character's sheet or backstory then that's hardly my character, it's more like your character which I now have to roleplay.

(Cont)
>>
>>44771071
Thirdly, your use of the term "special snowflake" really concerns me. This is exalted, where people can punch gods and characters in the vanilla setting are named shit like "Princess Magnificent with Lips of Coral and Robes of Black Feathers". What constitutes a special snowflake in another setting is different from what constitutes one in Exalted. The whole point of the game is that you are playing an incredibly powerful semi-divine being who's soul has fused with a potent shard of divinity. If you don't want your players to play powerful characters, why on earth are you playing Exalted in the first place?

Finally, I think you're overly concerned about the system. Have you ever played in an Exalted game before? Yes, characters are powerful, but the whole point is that there are equally powerful, and even more powerful, foes out there for them to fight. Even if they have max dots in an ability, it's not too hard to present a character with challenges. The characters are powerful, yes, but the system is not held together by duct tape, bubblegum, and a prayer like you make it out to be. It has flaws, to be sure, but it does work. 3rd edition in particular looks pretty good thus far. Also, you really shouldn't make broad assumptions about a game's player base. Yes, there certainly are people who play Exalted to wank over powerlevels, but they are not the majority like you seem to believe. Stripping 90% of character creation away from the players just because you're afraid of getting players like that is just silly.

Alright, I'm done ranting. I know there's no point in ranting when I don't even plan on joining the game, but I just couldn't keep my mouth shut here.
>>
>>44771071
>but also deciding my character's backstory
Think you misread him. Basically he'd take the broad strokes of your character's concept then if he likes it continue you to make a backstory.
>>
>>44771224
Ooooooh. Damn, that's embarrassing. Okay, that's much better then, though I still maintain my other points.
>>
>>44771071
>Secondly, I find the idea of someone not only making my sheet for me but also deciding my character's backstory absolutely atrocious.

So do I. 'S why I don't. I literally never said anything about deciding character's backstory. That's up to you, I just put it into numerical terms, because the way I see it you shouldn't care about the way our backstory translates into mechanics at all. Why would you? Would you per chance change your backstory so it's more mechanically apropriate? If so then I don't want to play with you, simple as that.

>Thirdly, your use of the term "special snowflake" really concerns me. This is exalted, where people can punch gods and characters in the vanilla setting are named shit like "Princess Magnificent with Lips of Coral and Robes of Black Feathers". What constitutes a special snowflake in another setting is different from what constitutes one in Exalted.

Clearly you don't understand what makes a special snowflake. It's not about who the character is, but about the mindset behind it.

>If you don't want your players to play powerful characters, why on earth are you playing Exalted in the first place?

Like I said, I like the setting. I really have nothing against powerful characters.

>>44768867
Soon, I'm gonna post the game on roll20 and then recruit people from here. I kinda have to cristalize my ideas of what I want to run into a chorent pitch for the premise. Also like I've said, my schedule is tight, if it won't drop today, expect it tomorrow.
>>
File: 1306102261387.jpg (36 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
1306102261387.jpg
36 KB, 600x300
>GM or Player
GM

>System(s)
Dungeons and Dragons 5e

>Time availability
Weekly games, Monday 7pm central

>Text or Voice
Text only

>Contact Information
Contact TizakGG on Roll20 for any additional information, questions, etc.

>Additional Information
Our LFG page is listed at https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/37033/eventide and has a bunch of information about the rules we use, setting, etc.
>>
>>44773248

Forgot to add, we're looking for only one player right now.

The game is a few sessions in, and we had someone drop owing to his schedule changing.
>>
>>44772655
>Clearly you don't understand what makes a special snowflake. It's not about who the character is, but about the mindset behind it.
Well what do you consider a Snowflake in Exalted?
>>
>>44773399
Anything created with the mindset that they are super special and everything revolvs around them?
>>
>>44773786
That... Doesn't answer the question at all. In Exalted, assuming you're a Solar, you ARE super special although everything doesn't necessarily revolve around you.

For an example of what I'd consider a Snowflake, imo the princess who Exalts while starting a revolt against her own kingdom after realizing her father's oppressive policies is a perfectly valid character concept that I can see someone from /tg/ calling a Snowflake, while the secret mortal daughter of the Scarlet Empress who Exalts while doing literally nothing important and goes on to be the only accepted Solar in the Realm because she's the Scarlet Empress' daughter is very questionable and I'd probably urge the player to consider a different concept.
>>
>>44774025
You seem to have a pretty good idea of what a snowlfake is, so what's the problem? I don;t think that people who know what it means need it explained and people who would need it explained are well... I'm sure I don't have to finish that.

If I come off as condescending I'm sorry mate, but I just think you fucking suck. Nothing personal.
>>
>GM or Player
Player
>System(s)
Pathfinder and 5e
>Time availability
Available all the time except for Tuesday nights and weekends are usually shaky.
>Text or Voice
Both are fine.
>Contact Information
ripsonoftear on skype
>Additional Information
I'm willing to learn other systems, I have a few years of experience playing Pathfinder though.
>>
File: Halberds-and-Helmets.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Halberds-and-Helmets.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>GM or Player
GM looking for players
>System(s)
PDF related, trimmed down combination of B/X and Labyrinth Lord. Build for accessibility
>Time availability
Games are at 7pm GMT+1 every Thursday
>Text or Voice
Voice
>Contact Information
hendyadyoin at gmail dot com OR Flavio Skype on skype
>Additional Information
The game is a Megadungeon-crawl Monster XP plus 1 gold spent = 1 XP gained. I try to run things Old School but that doesn't mean that I try to kill the players all the time. Player feedback includes "Lethal but fun".
>>
>>44767404
It sounds like you hate the players AND the game, so why are you running it?
>>
>>44773248

Found a player, this game is full up now.
>>
>>44776667
Which Flavio Skpe is it?
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.