[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Making League of Legends Characters with D20 Modern only
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 20140714155653uid50.jpg (95 KB, 600x940) Image search: [Google]
20140714155653uid50.jpg
95 KB, 600x940
Sup, /tg/. Recently, my D20 Modern character died, and I want to make a LoL character. I have Jinx in mind, because "why not". Any suggestions on builds for her, or any other LoL character make-able in only D20 Modern (no other books or resources).

Pic kind of related
>>
>>44737406
>d20 Modern

Literally worse than Pathfinder.
>>
>>44737419
I know. But... it's better than playing nothing.
>>
>>44737441
Is it, anon?
>>
>>44737760
I'd rather play D20 Modern than play nothing. Like most of us (I assume), I only have so much free time in my week, and I like to play D20 games.
>>
>>44737406
>D20
Stop

>D20 Modern
STOP
>>
>>44737760
>>44737906
I want you two to know that this is the moment that your moment became the equivalent of badwrong fun.
>>
>>44738007
D20 modern is objectively badwrongfun.
It's like FATAL.
>>
>>44737441
It's really not. Especially with the core book only.

Jinx is a dex hero with quick draw, a machine gun and a rocket launcher. It won't feel like jinx at all.

Anyway, you should just DM a game
>>
>>44738022
>>44737906
neotg is trash

kill yourself
>>
>>44738022
Keep screaming, someone else might care.

Maybe.
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 600x363) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 600x363
>>44738069
/tg/ has been hating d20 modern for the better part of a decade. There has never been a moment when we liked it.

Objectively a broken game system without interesting in game options. Spycraft is better in every single way. The character options are bland and there is actually no way for you to create the character you're envisioning.

The only good thing was the abstract wealth system.

Anyway, stop being a baby and take over DMing from your incompetent DM

Or, tell yourself it won't be that bad, wait until everyone who isn't a dex hero gets killed in the first shootout, then start working on being a DM for the first time
>>
>>44737406
You might want to see a doctor.
>>
>>44738171
I absolutely hate 3.PF. To me it is vile shit from that pit of hell that has ruined the hobby.

But it's still better than d20 Modern.

>>44738007
>>44738069
d20 Modern is objectively the worst incarnation of the d20 system.
>>
>>44738484
>d20 Modern is objectively the worst incarnation of the d20 system
This.

The d20 Modern hate isn't just anti-d20 reactionism, it's honest to god a shitty system. There are other OGL d20 based games they do everything d20 Modern attempted and do it better.

Like Mutants and Masterminds, Spycraft, and Ops & Tactics, maybe even take SW Saga and mod the hell out of it. All these games are d20 System based and do modern, but are actually GOOD.

It's not that d20 can't be good, it's just that d20 Modern is the prime example of doing everything completely and utterly wrong.
>>
>>44738736
I think Ops & Tactics dropped d20 and went for 3d6.
>>
>>44738840
Did it?

I haven't kept up with its progress honestly. But when it was d20 it was still better than d20 Modern.
>>
d20 modern is by no means a great game, but it's probably less broken than 3.5 or PF. Like, aside from the weapon locker book, there aren't many ways to make your damage skyrocket into not-fun strata.

I've actually considered using d20 Past to run a "D&D" game, as a kind of lightweight D&D. Spells only reach 5, no shenanigans to deal hundreds of damage of a round.

It does have plenty of problems. Notably, its got a bunch of terrible 3.0 stuff, that got fixed in 3.5 And the firearms rules are terrible. Most of d20 Future is terrible too, especially mecha.

Regardless, here is something I compiled. Its every single d20 past/modern/future advanced class and prestige class and all of the occupations.
>>
>>44739092
Back when I actually played d20 games I tried running a Mecha game with d20 Future's rules.

The d20 Future Mecha rules aren't just "bad," they're unplayable, DR and HP scales horribly, fucking skyrocketing to absurd levels the bigger the Mecha gets (Gundam sized Mecha end up with something like 15-30DR on average with like 300hp), compounded with damage that doesn't scale at all and every single combat becomes a boring slog that lasts HOURS as you can only hope to chip away a little bit of hp at a time with a fucking crit on just a grunt mech.

Fuck those Mecha rules, I can't believe they actually published that garbage.
>>
>>44739421
Yeah, I have played the mecha rules. 2 sessions worth. All 4 players did manage to find different types of mecha builds.

Everyone got a free large mecha for their first lvl PC. I used backgrounds and feats to get my wealth score high enough to buy my own huge mecha. I went with some kind of power club type thing. It worked okay.

Another PC did a rocket pack build, worked fine. Another guy did a melee build with an oversized, but normal, katana. 4th dude went with some kind of energy rifle.

We did a house rule where you could split the mecha's stat boosts between dex and str however you wanted, so as to make ranged builds possible and not shit.

The combats definately lasted longer than a typical 1st lvl encounter, but I actually imagine the more levels you have, the more irrelevant the mecha hp/dr becomes.

But yeah, certainly not a great system. Though I didn't find it unplayable.
>>
>>44739587
Try it again with larger Mecha.

Huge and bigger it becomes unplayable.
>>
>>44739625
Particularly at Gargantuan, which is where Gundam Mecha clock in at.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.