[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
God Game, 4th era
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 23
File: the cosmos.png (15 KB, 904x547) Image search: [Google]
the cosmos.png
15 KB, 904x547
Once the world was nothingness, and then with Domina the Star Mother, She Who Remembers, the first WORD was brought and it was light.
Then came the world with Lorshian, the first moon with Udros the Steadfast. From the rays of Domina’s firstborn, the sun, and Udos’s moon, Molinoth the Remaker, the World Serpent, was born.
The gods of shadow, darkness, death and decay; The Lurker, Nihil None, Ralet and DARK awoke.
Sleazus appeared and made wine, long before life itself, and began a party of godly proportions that would encompass the first and second ages of the world.
And thus ended the first age of the world.
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/44488684/

Caliban the architect created the second moon.
Naturasta, Amrito and Zatheens appeared and spread water and life across the barren world.
The gods fought against DARK as he entered the world once more and declared war on creation. He was imprisoned within the third moon, crafted by the efforts of Caliban, Zatheens and Heroicus.
Thus, the second has ended, and at the dawn of the third age, Molinoth and Heroicus walked amongst the mortals.
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/44505421/

The frosen cyclops Urgös usurped Frackt the frost god's power and invoked eternal cold upon the world, but was beaten back by the combined forces of Domina, Frackt, Caliban, Molinoth, Regolith and Veraiitus the deciever.
Domina damaged her own divinity birthing a pair of frozen stars and was nurtured back to health by Regolith, Molinoth and Heroicus, where she fed upon and almost devoured Heroicus in his entirety.
Thus, in a flood of dick-sucking jokes, the third age ended.
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/44670048/

Select a tripcode to become a God, and roll 1d100 to speak the WORD and make things happen. Anonymous players form a Choir to praise or scorn the works of these Gods as they see fit.
>>
>>44731492
also, I made a little something for new god-anons so they don't have to search through 900+ to determine their power in relation to other gods http://pastebin.com/nXnkJR4n
>>
>>44731534
Uhhhh, I'm pretty sure Domina is the Strongest Deity, followed by Frackt and Urong, then Molinoth, then Regolith, then Me, then You.

Those were the only active Gods as of last Thread.
>>
>>44731826
Oh, forgot Veraiitus.

He goes after you.
>>
>>44731826
The numbers are based off of first d100 rolls. Domina is in fact not the most powerful goddess, according to straight up numerical values, but her domain is what's truly terrifying.
You must take into account that the list does not take domains and such into account, which matter more than pure numbers.
I made this thing in like 10 minutes, cut me some slack.
>>
>>44731826
>>44731895
but you are right, I should maybe list the last era each god was active in..
>>
I love these threads. Time for more godly hijinks!
>>
>>44731895
Honestly, the first roll really isn't indicative of anything.
>>
>>44732288
I will not question original Witness's judgement.

But that reminds me, I have need of a creator gods' services. Would lend me your powers to forge a great maul from the Shard of Helios, the Light of Regolith and the Strand of Winter?
(basically 3d100 for each one of us, first roll for quality of hammer, the other two for godly qualities. 50+ for decent stuff on each, 80-90+ for exceptional)
>>
Rolled 70 + 40 (1d100 + 40)

>>44732373
Eh, sure. I'm just watching the simians on my moon evolve at the moment anyways.

As Creation is my sole domain, I get a +40 bonus to those rolls.
>>
Rolled 51 (1d100)

So, seeing as in the 3rd age I rolled pretty high for the religion of Domina's spread, I'm going to continue to walk among the mortals and see what they are doing, for now. Rolling to disguise myself
>>
Rolled 64, 65 = 129 (2d100)

>>44732463
Not gonna question that bonus, as I've now got a hammer with a hammer-head made of neutron-star stuff.
Rolling for the godly stuff from the other ingridients.
>>
Rolled 61 (1d100)

>>44732525
I HAVE THE POWER!
But really, the Hammer of Heroicus has powers of fire and frost, a fitting weapon to be wielded by a supporter of all.

I test my new hammer by striking the ground underneath me on the earth.
>>
>>44732590
The earth quakes and a passage opens down into the depths of the earth, where Molinoth once slumbered.
A new area for mortals to test their mettle and face their fears. I am very satisfied by this.

Thank you for your help, Caliban. I owe you a favor.
>>
>>44731895
Did I ever make an initial roll specifically for powerlevel? I can't remember, I thought I just started making decrees since the cosmos was without form.

Either way, I awaken.
>>
>>44733025
eh, the list doesn't really matter, it was just something I decided to pull together on a whim and decided to post to do something new in this thread.

Anyways, it is good to see you once more, Star Mother. You do not hunger in this age?
>>
>>44733108
I'm pretty sure she was satisfied with your "sausage"
>>
>>44733174
we basically killed the third age going there, choir-member, so please don't start here again.
>>
>>44732656
You're quite Welcome.

I am happy to note that my saecora have developed mathematics and a tribal social structure.
>>
File: 1443060827545.gif (1 MB, 451x331) Image search: [Google]
1443060827545.gif
1 MB, 451x331
>>44733108
That's fair, and I won't complain for you making the list. More organization in this always helps. I just wonder if it might be a little daunting when if a new player tries to join, and perhaps believe the list is what the game is based on.

And that's my secret Heroicus. I'm always hungry. Any gods or godlings want to sacrifice themselves I'd be happy to oblige. On a separate note, how many humans are there as a rough amount. Thanks to Regolith, if there are enough I imagine I might start to hear them and become interested in the planets and their life.
>>
>>44733245
Well, there was one major human settlement at one point, but now there are enough humans that they can afford adventurers travelling to my Labyrinths and the new "underworld" passage.
So, I'm not really sure how many there are, but there are at least much more of them than when they first prayed to the gods.
>>
>>44733245
Hi Grandma! About 70+% of the population, according to the roll I made last thread, know of your name and worship you. You should hear something soon from them.
>>
>>44733245
Oh great and merciful Sunmother, we have discovered the art of growing plants of the world and harvesting them for an abundance of food unknown to us. May you grace us with your radiant glory and keep the world warm so we may never have to suffer the long frost again.
>>
Rolled 36 (1d100)

Once more do I awaken and with my awakening I bring a trial for the labyrinth of Heroicus. A room in which the dweller shall have anything he/she desires. However, 'tis not wise to enter this room for it is merely anot illusion. The fools who stay in the room for too long shall be trapped in the illusion until death takes them. Be wise and be wary of something that is too good to be true, for it may be simply an illusion.

Rolling for trap power.
>>
I seek the drawing of the curtain.

Do mortals truly die alone or unknown? With pleas unheard, regrets undisturbed?
>>
Rolled 32 (1d100)

"He peered from the shadows no longer. He had listened since before sound, watched since before sight. But no longer."

I speak the WORD, though it means breaking my every path. I name myself Witness-That-Was, and name myself Defiant.

I declare myself returned to creation. It has grown, changed.
>>
Rolled 48 (1d100)

>>44733338
>>44733360
That makes sense. I was going to say at a certain ratio of population I'd start to hear them but I cannot deny a direct plea!

>>44733525
A faint whispering drifts across the cosmos and catch my attention. After some initial confusion and eventual deduction, I come to realize that terrestrial mortal life on the first planet is attempting to make contact with me through prayer. After consideration, I decide to oblige the human chief since it doesn't seem like a complicated request.

Rolling to answer the chief's prayers and bathe the world in my glory by way of my first child, the sun Oronix. The higher the number, the closer to the chief's wishes the result is. A critical failure of 10 or under may result in bad things though. I suppose Regolith might be able to assist as well if he wishes, considering he's on the planet.

>>44733608
I don't believe so yet, there's no sort of afterlife. At least not a general one for all mortals, as opposed to mortals specifically created by and for certain gods as their own.
>>
>>44733606
A marvelous trial indeed. some mortals will be swayed by it, but those who adhere the magical scriptures of the labyrinth and those of strong will shall power through it.

>>44733608
Well, so far the souls of all dead go to Nihil None's realm, apart from those claimed by Molinoth.

>>44733668
Witness? Witness has returned to us?
>>
>>44733668
Could it be? Have the promised days finally dawned?
>>
Rolled 9 (1d100)

>>44733693
I have returned. And I see that we lack an afterlife. Thus I shall create a Wheel to return souls to the material. Aid me, if you so desire. People shall walk it's path over many lifetimes, and those that reach its end will have souls of such strength that they are worthy to unify with a God.
>>
Rolled 43 (1d100)

>>44733849
I cannot deny the Witness!
>>
>>44733849
And... Well, it looks like souls are falling through the cracks. It's defective. I've afflicted the souls of the world with a broken system. I see now why I was not supposed to speak the WORD.
>>
Rolled 50, 54 = 104 (2d100)

>>44733849
Neither can I!

As for Domina's earlier request, I shall help the humans, disguised as a simple traveling priest.

First roll is to aid Domina, second is for the creation of the Wheel.
>>
>>44733682
Sunmother, you have heard our prayers, and we have felt how the weather and the world around us have changed, gotten warmer. Our oldest sages call such an event "a season", as they named the transition to the long frost as such. We shall name the season summer, and the month "Dominai" will lead us into the transition.
>>
Rolled 58 (1d100)

I seek to torment dear weak Heroicus and so I plant seeds of hate towards his demigod into the hearts of mortals.

Rolling for class of the recipient. Less.than 20=poor, 21-40=working class/farmers, 41-60=merchant/richer than average, 61-80=rich, 81-100=the ruling class
>>
Rolled 49 (1d100)

>>44733849
>>44733894
you are not alone in your endeavour. I shall relieve some of the burden of the system and take on the souls of the brave. They shall work to test the living in my labyrinth for a century before they rejoin the wheel.
>>
Rolled 61 (1d100)

>>44733959
Then I see that Gods are strongest when working in concord. I too shall ease the burden of the falling souls - by building a path to seek the wheel if you stumble. These souls on this circuitous and ethereal road back to life shall be called 'ghosts'.
>>
>>44733958

Looks like the merchants and middle class hate the demigods!
>>
>>44734011
Good.
>>
Rolled 46 (1d100)

>>44733958
>>44734011
My sons and daughters shall persevere through your curse with their own strength, Veraiitus, and take whatever dealings they have to be done with their half-kin to those who favor them.

Rolling for class of people that appreciate them: <30 = poor, 30-50 = working class, 51-80= rich, 81-100 = ruling class
>>
>>44734052
Such mischiefs are part and parcel with the life of a demigod. I will not act against you, for you are still following the way of a God.
>>
>>44734118
Heroes of the people!
>>
>>44734118
My dear weak friend. We shall have such fun seeing the mortals argue and scheme against your children.
>>
>>44734118
>>44733958

This is like the makings of a class war.

>>44733916
Anytime human chief, I gladly bring my glory to all. And now that I am aware of the planets and their terrestrial life, I am curious.
>>
Rolled 39, 62 = 101 (2d100)

>>44734210
Of the people, by the people, for the people.
>>44734217
You may feel satisfaction from such an act, Deceiver, but I feel nothing but pride from seeing my children grow and blossom with such inner strength.
(rolling to see if any human has completed the journey of the labyrinth, first is for mortals (95+ needed), second is for any demigods(90+ needed))
>>
>>44734272
You should try to get some of your earlier power back. Just a friendly suggestion.
>>
Rolled 80 (1d100)

Ye who have provided food for me have heralded my revelation,
Golgadath,
The Jaws of Avarice,
The Maw outside of Matter.

My only concern is my own welfare,
Before now I have not wished to speak the WORD,
For if I do not entangle myself too much with this world, I hope to become as the Witness,
A survivor of the Monitors, and a true immortal.

But ye have put too tempting a feast before me,
Outside of the true safety of your own world,
Behold, the Wheel,
Imperfectly formed by the Witness-That-Was
And barely repaired by the rest of you,
Replete with mortal souls.

Those that fall from the Wheel?
I will consume them.
Those that become lost on the Wheel?
I will consume them.
Those ghosts that cannot find their way back to the Wheel?
I will consume them.

Continue to play amongst yourselves,
And bother me not,
I am barely connected to your world,
I wish only to feed on the dregs and the refuse,
And I will leave you in peace if you let me feed.
>>
Kind of directed at Regolith but could be anyone really, I request a few mortals of each type be brought to one of the solar comets so I can study them.
>>
>>44734355
You know not what you speak of, deceiver. I was born of courage, and so was my power. It recovers slowly to its peak as anyone faces their fears and challenges, be it me, gods or even mortals.
>>
>>44734234
Class war is perfect for me. All the schemes and deceptions makes my godly heart soar like the sun across the sky.
>>
>>44734388
The mortals are not born to end their lives as a feast for a being from outside the world that claims to be a god as us.

My brethren, I know I do not stand a chance against this creature, but let your will be known. Do we go to war for the mortals, or will you cower like babes as the souls of your children are eaten?
>>
>>44734430
I am just saying. I feel kind of sorry for you.
>>
Rolled 5, 1, 10, 1, 5, 8, 10, 7, 5, 9 = 61 (10d10)

>>44734408
Rolling to see how many mortals I can bring to the comet. 10 types of mortals (I think), one die for each.

The cloaked priest with the young velociglider on his shoulder traveled the lands of mortalkind, preaching of Domina, and secretly gathering the ones he saw as worthy of seeing his Grandmother's light, at Domina's bequest. At high noon, they each found themselves shown an image of the priest, burned away to reveal Regolith's in all his glory, then with a flash of light, they appear on the comet, shielded from the cold with his light.
>>
>>44734513
Then join me, brother, and let us wage war on the soul-eater.
>>
>>44734504
I agree. The lost ones should not be consumed like table scraps. We are the guides and protectors of the mortals, in life and death. My mace and shield are at your side.
>>
>>44734388
The monitors are the one thing anathema to me. The Witnesses watched you devour godless worlds - time and again. Impassively.

But I am not a Witness. And you? By speaking the Word you stepped within reach.

Thus I bring the full weight of my WORD to bear against you! Witness-That-Was against Monitor-That-Was. God to God, I challenge you. I roll to smite you!

"And Lo, the two firstborn shall neither speak the WORD, for to do so would be to forfeit one's eminence for a tie to the material, which we are above..." - The First Compact, from the era of the Qar of the Center.
>>
Rolled 56 (1d100)

>>44734504
You know what? I feel as if I have a stake in this since I really want the souls of the greatest schemers as my own.

Rolling for amount of power I lend to the fight.
>>
Rolled 79 (1d100)

>>44734575
Glut yourself on this.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d100)

>>44734559
I lend my might to the cause as well.

>>"Let the Light drive away the Darkness!"
>>
Rolled 90 (1d100)

>>44734388
>>44734575
"Father, what did grandfather Heroicus do, weakened as he was when the gods went to war?"
"He did not run. He did not falter. He joined the frontlines and got one of the first strikes in with his mighty hammer."
>>
Rolled 94 (1d100)

>>44734628
I guess finding and transporting those mortals took a lot outta me. Damn. I will try again, however I will put a portion of my Divine Essence on the line, as I am really pushing myself
>>
File: laughing aztecs.gif (1 MB, 448x252) Image search: [Google]
laughing aztecs.gif
1 MB, 448x252
>>44734628
>mfw nearly powerless me contributed more at first than Regolith who beat me near-effortlessly
>>
File: images (4).jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
7 KB, 225x225
>>44734682
>>mfw I was busy trying to do three things at once, then wagered part of my soul to help more
>>
>>44734710
I was honestly expecting a DEUS VULT image, but sunbro is fine too.
>>
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 203x185) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 203x185
>>44734732
Sunbro is best bro. Have some more.
>>
>>44734710
>mfw don't have a face to represent me but still gave part of my power to fight against the soul-eater
>>
>>44734732
Deus Vilt would be a bit redundant for a God.
>>
>>44734575
Oh Witness,
Ever Vigilant,
Observe of many worlds,
You misinterpret my words.

Amongst the Monitors,
I do not,
Have not,
Never will,
Count myself.

I fear them just as you,
And I hope only to survive their inevitable coming.

But amongst your pantheons?
I do not count myself either,
Not as a creator,
Nor as one of the gods of darkness, who ye fought long ago,
Nor amongst the frost gods who have caused ye grief.

I am myself and my own,
A beast of teeth and throats and undefined potential,
Not tied to any strict domain within the world you have shaped,
And I wish that you would leave me be,
But hark,
Ye approach,
And against me,
Ye shall stand no chance!

>>44734593
>>44734628
>>44734635
>>44734654
[ Rolling 1d100 to see how I do against each of these bad boys ]
>>
>>44734769
Is Regolith grossly incandescent?
>>
Rolled 18, 99, 64, 12 = 193 (4d100)

>>44734786
*4d100 for each attack, which apparently didn't work so well
Woops
>>
>>44734786
eh, you kinda botched the rolling there
>>
Rolled 1 (1d100)

>>44734817
As God of deception, I should turn against the other gods and support Golgadath, but I think I shall support Heroicus and Regolith this time.

Rolling to blind Golgadath to the universe with a powerful illusion.
>>
>>44734817
18 vs Witness's 79
99 vs Regolith's original 4 rekt
64 vs Heroicus's 90
12 vs Regolith's gamble 94 rekt
>>
>>44734988
And I failed. Wrapping mere wisps of an illusion around him.
>>
>>44734990
Not as badly rekt as I did use a portion of my soul to bolster myself, adding 94, for a total of 98. Not enough to win, but not enough to lose that badly.
>>
Rolled 39 (1d100)

>>44734988
ye'r useless, mate.

>>44734817
The hammer comes crashing down with the weight of a planet behind it, fire and frost coursing through it.
It was on this day that it would earn its name "Godbreaker".

(roll to follow up on the initial assault)
>>
Rolled 87 (1d100)

>>44734817
"The Soul Song is an old book, a favourite of any devotee of the gods who wishes to cite one of their many victories. It is told within how the gods of creation went against the unaffiliated deity, the Maw outside of Matter, to save the souls of their beloved children.

The Witness-that-Was delivered the first blow. His blow landed within one of Golgadath's many jaws and rent much of the monstrosity asunder - the soul devourer had not expected the former Witness to have any combat prowess, and was taken quite by surprise.

Next came resplendent Regolith, but he did not strike true, and the Maw responded to his attack with a truly devastating assault of teeth and claws - some have said that the the bright one still bears the scars.

Brave Heroicus was quick to come to his friends aid. With his hammer, he delivered Regolith from an overwhelming assault, and though Golgadath put up quite a fight, at least ninety of the beast's uncountable jaws were shattered.

When Regolith came around with a renewed attack, ablaze with power born straight from his soul, the Maw was ready to receive him. But the Maw had not even noticed Veraiitus joining the fight - >>44734583 - for he was sure that the schemer would not even join the fray. So it was that Golgadath was stabbed in, what some would call, its back, and Regolith's blow burst open the beast's gullet, freeing the souls it had already consumed.

"Eh, you kinda botched the rolling there!" wooped one of the Choir at Golgadath's failure.

Seemingly defeated, Veraiitus attempted to bind Golgadath to the creation it had so carefully avoided. But Golgadath still had power enough to resist the schemer's illusions, and it slunk away into the whiteness outside of creation. It would lay dormant for a time, only occasionally snaffling a lost soul which had lost its way from the Wheel, though in time it would return to start trouble anew."

[ Rolling to see how well I'm coping after that ]
>>
Rolled 23 (1d100)

>>44734527
My thanks Regolith. I attempt to study these mortals, and roll to do so. Hopefully my glory does not obliterate them outright, like it did with Caliban's created race.

>>44734388
>>44734786
I would work to support thee, Golgadath, if you would but share some of the lost souls. My stake in mortals is not so great as that of other gods, and another source of sustenance is always welcome.

Mayhaps those that become lost on the wheel are mine, and the rest as before, go to you? Consider my offer.
>>
Rolled 29 (1d30)

>>44735108
So the battle is won, but the war is not over.

(rolling the renewal of my reduced power(am at 18/99))
>>
>>44735136
Too late. It has already been chased away.
>>
>>44735136
Grandmother, if you consume the souls of the lost, or let the Maw consume them, they will not be able to find their way back to the Wheel, and back to life, where they empower us. If enough souls are lost, the mortal realm may be as well!
>>
>>44735181
I am willing to admit that I care for the mortals more than one would think of the deceiver.
>>
Rolled 56 (1d100)

Also going to roll to see how well I recover. I will not recover to full strength right away, but I will heal for now. Days might become shorter for the mortals while I withdraw some of my power to heal my soul.
>>
>>44735181
(nice, 47/99. Halfway there to my former strength)

>>44735136
Star Mother, the souls of mortals are fundamentally not the same as the souls of the divine. The sheer amount of mortal souls you would need as an equivalent to one divine soul is enormous.
>>
>>44735280
And not to mention, way more than the current number of mortals, alive or dead.
>>
>>44735136
Alas, it seems some of the mortals were destroyed, but not all of them. Most importantly my understanding of them is growing. What strange little beings they are, so interesting.

>>44735209
>>44735280
Good thing there are a lot of mortals. I am not and never have been a kind goddess. If the mortals could sate my hunger then I would consume them without pause. Let the other gods create more of them, and let them create more of themselves, if it became a problem. I look upon the great Wheel of the afterlife and see it spinning, and I hunger.

Though I guess it doesn't matter now anyway.

>>44735250
Remember you can always recall yourself to my embrace for restoration.
>>
>>44735433
Now you are just trying to trick your grandson so you can eat him. I give you 3/5 and hope he has common sense.
>>
Rolled 40 (1d100)

>>44735433
In an effort to sate the Star Mother's hunger, no matter for how little time, I convene with my eldest demigod Herocles, now a father of three... quasi-gods? How, I am not sure, but I don't remember the night I created the demigods to begin with.

I attempt to raise my son to true divinity to be sacrificed to sate the ravenous hunger that plagues the first god.

(roll is to ascend the demigod to true divinity, success on a 60+, other gods may assist or interfere if they want to)
>>
File: tggodgamegreatercosmology.png (14 KB, 694x434) Image search: [Google]
tggodgamegreatercosmology.png
14 KB, 694x434
>>44735136
My distance, I will keep,
From creation and from the Wheel,
Until a more promising chance to consume has arisen,
But I will call across the void and parley if you wish.

You make me an offer?
But you have not offered me anything,
Merely proposed I lose out on an untapped resource.

Of course, right now I do not feast on the fallen souls,
So if you wish to pick food from the Wheel,
I will not stop you,
But would you risk the wrath of the others?
>>
>>44735587
truly a work of art
>>
Rolled 92 (1d100)

>>44735558
I like your plot. I shall aid you brother.

Rolling to aid Heroicus.
>>
Rolled 90 (1d100)

>>44735558
Frackt billows in on a frozen breeze! With sole custody of the Coat of Snow, he is the second most powerful God, behind Domina! He shall use his chilling power to aid Heroicus in his time of need, for both he and Domina aided Frackt in his time of need.

The Demigod shall be carried to Divinity on a chill wind, a tempest of ice and snow!
>>
>>44735625
plz no bully
i have no hands
with which to hold a pen
only more mouths
and they are now full of ink
>>
>>44735639
>>44735637
The new god of billowing strength journeys to the realm of the Star Mother, resigned in his fate, to be born anew as a star.
He kneels in front of her, but stays silent otherwise, his thoughts fully on what the fate of being a pure divine essence will be like.
>>
>>44735637
>>44735639
May Herocles sate Dominas hunger. At least for a bit.
>>
>>44735650
itz no bully. It's pretty good.
>>
>>44735650
For a creature with a lot of mouths, you make fine art.
>>
Rolled 47 (1d100)

>>44735587
How many other allies do you have? And yes, I would risk the wrath of the others. I'd consume them as well, if given the chance.

>>44735725
What is this? It looks like a mortal but I can sense the soul of a god. With some worry that it comes to interfere with my zoo of mortals or worse, I descend upon upon it with divine fury and grab ahold of it, to make sense of its intentions. Assuming it doesn't act untoward in any way, I will place it in my zoo for further study.

The process of making mere contact with this stranger though, may cause harm to its divine form. Rolling to see how much divine damage is done to Herocles, in the act of grabbing him and carrying him to the zoo.
>>
>>44736000
Well, he sated one kind of hunger. The hunger for knowledge
>>
Rolled 99 (1d100)

>>44736000
the god of strength makes no action to defend himself against the first of the gods, enduring her attentions to his best extent. (roll for enduring Domina's actions and form)

"The gods give me to you as a gift"
>>
File: manly tears.jpg (49 KB, 608x555) Image search: [Google]
manly tears.jpg
49 KB, 608x555
>>44736056
Son. I am proud.
>>
>>44736000
We are alike in hunger, Star Mother,
And perhaps had you remained outside of creation,
We would be closer kin.

But the only thing that rivals my greed is my pride,
And I will not give up my bounty merely for the sake of having a friend,
Who offers nothing in return.

Promise me something,
And I will split my feast with you,
When next comes an opportunity to indulge in lost souls,
But otherwise, expect nothing from me.
>>
>>44736056
Distressed by the clear lack of my effect upon him, perhaps because of his original mortal nature, I ask him if that is what he wants.

I can guess to the nature of this gift, and judging by his strength, I question why he doesn't send a different god in his place? Certainly he is stronger than some, and likely has mortal ties (they all seem to have ties for some reason, these mortals). I know even of a god prime for this task, maybe you know of him, Heroicus? I happen to know he is in a weakened, diminished state. Why not switch places with him, by force if need be? I'm certain he could do it, and not only would I have my descendant Regolith to help, but I too would bestow upon him my blessing and divine glory.

Just speaking to him, will roll if I have to convince him. I think I present a pretty strong case though.

>>44736183
If standing beside you, in alliance against all the other gods isn't enough of an offer, then you've lost my interest. Particularly since I could probably now feed upon the Wheel of my own volition if I wanted to.
>>
Rolled 43 (1d100)

>>44736056
Alas, all is not what it seems when it comes to Veraiitus granting his power to uplift the new god of billowing strength and so he calls upon his part of Herocles'sate power, to snatch him from the start mother and set him free into the world as a fledgling god.

Rolling to teleport Herocles away from Domina.
>>
>>44736313
* Herocles's
>>
Rolled 74 (1d100)

>>44736255
"Father. What did Herocles the Mighty say when the Star Mother asked him to change places?"
"Why, my child, Herocles looked her in the eye and said 'no'."

There can be no one else. And no one, not even the Star Mother herself, will have the once-mortal god sell out his own father. It may not be the smartest thing for him to do, but it is the right thing to do.

>>44736313
Rolling for Herocles to resist Veraiitus's summons
>>
Rolled 92 (1d100)

>>44736360
Thou shalt not deny me!

Rolling to redouble my efforts in the calling.
>>
>>44736255
>>44736313
in case it wasn't obvious from the same trip, this is a god on a plate, as ordered back in the second age
>>
Rolled 60 (1d100)

>>44736360
Very well, an actual roll in an attempt to actually convince him rather than simply speaking to him.

>>44736313
My anger rises at this attempt, even though Herocles himself seems to resist the attempt.
>>
>>44736255
Against the other gods?
I have no wish to go to war,
I wish only to remain outside of dreaded creation,
So that when they arrive,
I will slip away unnoticed.

But, I will of course defend myself,
If your kin consider my actions offensive,
And apparently they wish even to save the foolish,
Who cannot stay true on the Wheel.

But please, do try,
To feast on the Wheel as I did,
As I am sure your ruin at the hands of the other gods,
Who I am sure already consider your hungering existence a great burden,
Will provide some distraction,
And allow me to snap up souls undisturbed.

And perhaps,
If you lay dying on the Wheel,
Or in the void,
Ruined by the other gods you dared to go against,
I will snap you up aswell.
>>
I shall return to Domina's embrace to heal and recover. The scars shall never go away, but they will heal.
>>
Rolled 73 (1d100)

>>44736393
opposed rolling to stay calm and steadfast, to not waver in convictions

(will roll against Veraiitu in the next post)
>>
Someone needs to make a family tree of gods goddamn
>>
>>44736386
I don't think repeated rolls to the same action should be allowed. At least not till after some time. Otherwise it would just become a constant back and forth of "Yes I do!" "No you don't! "Yes I do!"

>>44736406
I take this as an insult, and hereafter consider Golgadath an enemy. May it be before that great ending to all things, that I would pare him down to whatever substance remains.

>>44736474
You find your way my arms and I draw you to my bosom in loving embrace. May you find respite from the hardships of this cosmos.
>>
>>44736494
>>44736386
Calling out into the void, the god of strength issues out a challenge to the schemer.
"If you want me so badly, why do you not come to me?"

>>44736522
what she said
>>
Unlike Urong, I represent the gentle winter wings, the softle snowfall of a holiday eve. I am helpful the utmost, so if anyone should need my aid, all you need to do is ask,
>>
File: 1377334439778.jpg (14 KB, 199x225) Image search: [Google]
1377334439778.jpg
14 KB, 199x225
>>44736522
>I draw you to my bosom in loving embrace
>His wounds are healed

Is dat soem breastfeeding implying I see there?
>>
>>44736603
well, it seems to be some kind of it, yeah, seeing as this is also how she nurtures stars..
>>
>>44736494
His adamant refusal angers me, as does his presence and the nature of this "gift", and it seems that Heroicus and his ilk seek only to placate me with presents.

I pick Herocles up to standing, and tell him to run, this is his headstart. The elder one is more than capable of hunting its prey, as I had done before even the other gods emerged. Here is the fledgling god's chance to fight for his survival, else I will make sure he suffers as a docile sacrifice.
>>
Rolled 50 (1d100)

>>44736544
You call, I answer. ''Coming to you would put me dangerously close to the maw of domina, and I do not wish to be consumed. "

"And I do not wish for a god who has barely spent a few minutes as a full god to be consumed either. You have potential to be amongst the greatest of God's. You do not deserve to be simply a snack."

Rolling for convincing argument.
>>
Rolled 8, 36 = 44 (2d100)

>>44736713
"How dare you claim kinship with my father when you cannot bring yourself to approach the Star Mother?"

>>44736710
I concede to the Star Mother's wish in that regard. But if she cannot catch up, then the god of strength will return to face her, not as a volunteer, but as a challenger.

first roll is to ignore Veraiitus, the second to make use of that headstart Domina has given

guys? What are you doing?
>>
>>44736816
The words and whispers of Veraiitu do start to gnaw the back of his head. He could become the greatest, he could become stronger than his father. And then again, he could be caught by Domina. If not, his formerly-mortal tastes already told him how he would face her.
>>
>>44736522
>>Thank you Grandmother, for your healing. I feel invigorated.
>>
>>44736816
"Approaching the star mother means death and the end of my schemes. Does that make me a coward? Maybe. But it does not make me a fool. In fact, foolishness would be giving yourself to her before even testing your own powers."

I am simply scheming as always.
>>
File: 670px-nasa_ev_lacertae_250408.jpg (64 KB, 670x454) Image search: [Google]
670px-nasa_ev_lacertae_250408.jpg
64 KB, 670x454
Rolled 17, 66 = 83 (2d100)

>>44736816
Comes now the Stellar Hunt, as my anger boils over. Rolling for prominence across all stars, that the cosmos may be lit, and Herocles will find no place to hide. Depending on the roll, the cosmos and its inhabitants will know of this dire time and what is to come, and that none would willingly offer shelter to the hunted.

Second roll to draw forth from my children a number of Sunbolts, spears fashioned of my divine glory with divinity-shattering potential. Every 10 is another Sunbolt, at a minimum of one.

Who is that directed at?
>>
I bind myself to the wheel. Some of my essence will be lost to the Wheel in the process, but while it stands strong, this world and its gods will live on.
>>
Rolled 24 (1d100)

>>44736998
Rolling to see how much essence I lose.
>>
>>44736984
to both of you. Turning a fine, high-class meal into a god of any importance. For shame.
>>
>>44737024
Sacrificing a brand new god is just dumb if we can't see what he can do.
>>
Waiting,
Watching,
Hungering,
Imagining.

Some souls fall from or through the Wheel,
And many of those that do become ghosts,
But others fall into the eternity outside of creation,
And they are beyond saving.

So those I catch,
And I consume,
And putting an end to their existence is,
If anything,
A mercy,
As opposed to falling endlessly.

But those who simply get lost upon the Wheel,
I will not feast upon,
As drawing close to it will risk the wrath of those I'd rather avoid,
For now.

Let us see how much power I can gain,
From consuming the scarce, fallen crumbs.

>>44736998
But alas,
Now my meagre feasts grow ever thinner,
As you bind yourself to your creation,
And the mortals are less likely to fall from or through it.

Former Witness,
Bound to your Wheel,
Jutting out into the void,
And so closer to me than any other,
Talk with me, and entertain me.

You are older than any of us,
And have seen worlds before fall,
I know only of those worlds and of those who ended them,
Thanks to what you said at the beginning of the First Age,
The beginning of the creation we know.

Tell me stories of old worlds,
And tell me what you think will become of this one.
>>
Rolled 84 (1d100)

>>44737091
woops forgot to roll. Rolling to stockpile a little power
>>
Rolled 23 (1d100)

>>44736984
What a failure of a prominence, I am disappointed in my children. I can do a lot of damage with six Sunbolts though.

Rolling to hunt down Herocles with only a +17 from the prominence, my rage increasing. Where is that mortal hiding?

>>44737024

He won't be any such thing soon enough if I have my way.
>>
Rolled 95 (1d100)

>>44731492
>http://pastebin.com/nXnkJR4n
I would like to join however I am not overly clear as to what I need to do.

Also keep in mind, I am at work and will be checking this when possible.
>>
Rolled 88, 12 = 100 (2d100)

>>44736984
>>44737136

Hidden from the prominence by comets, the god of strength must device a plan, and indeed he has.
Drawing it closer to his half-brother, the smallest, yet brightest star in the sky, he grabs a hold of it, drawing upon their kinship to arm himself with their essence before facing the star mother, depending on the comet to hide his actions.

first roll is for the arming, the second is to stay hidden from the hunting star mother
>>
>>44737151
Speak your word, Crucible. Tell us your power. What aspect do you command?
>>
>>44737151
I don't think anyone knows what the fuck's happening right now
Most of the gods seem very busy with family drama and threatening each other and the mortals aren't getting much love

Just describe your actions and roll 1d100 to see how succesful they are.
>>
>>44737181
Coating his limbs in fragments of Helios's essence and forging them into armor, the god of strength turns to face the great Mother, the comet he was depending on having been broken apart by Helios's strong kinship.

There would be no more running or hiding, the Star Mother would learn what a true challenge is.
>>
Rolled 97, 12 = 109 (2d100)

>>44737181
There he is.

Rolling to hurl a Sunbolt at him. And while we're at it, second roll to have Hellios turn hostile. Not to negate the arming roll, just to try and trap Herocles with its force.
>>
>>44737201
Rebirth/Change

I hold dominion over the changes of this world and it's contents. My home is within the mouth of the serpent that bites it's own tail. As for life to occur, there must be death, and in this change I am found. My throne is upon the First Forge, where objects and beings alike come as lesser and leave greater, having been reborn. My birth place is that of the sunrise, and my deathbed that of the sunset.

I am he who holds the axle on which cycles spin.

//Should be a good opportunity to work on some of my more "Epic" writing.
>>
I am torn on who to help in this Hunt. Herocles is a friend and ally, but Domina is my Grandmother and protects me when I need it. I, for now, shall help neither, but instead I shall keep any from interfering with the hunt
>>
>>44737305
Sounds like you'd get along well with Molinoth.
>>
Rolled 55, 90 = 145 (2d100)

>>44737287
Rolling to defend with the newly-crafted sun-armor, and since Helios's loyalties are questionable, a second roll to see if the white dwarf star will help his brother. (using the gravity well to slingshot him to Domina)

>>44737305
>Molinith Jr.
>>
Rolled 73 (1d100)

>>44737325
Now that I look at him more intently, that seems to be the case.

I attempt to discern the cycles of this world, what patterns are there?
>>
Rolled 47 (1d100)

>>44737244
You know what? You are right. I'm going to be nice to the mortals since I technically got what I wanted, by starting their first war.

Rolling to start the first war between mortals. <30=small scale shows of power, 31-50=civil war, 50-70=war betweentwo nations, 71-90=holy wars , and 91-100=world war.
>>
>>44737352
>>44737325
The the World Serpent tends to be the Cycle itself While I'm more focussed on the changes, like a literal crucible. Something goes in, intense shit happens, it comes out better.
>>
Rolled 100 (1d100)

>>44737352
I knew I shouldn't have fed on Heroicus, of course his descendants would be rebellious against even their own mother.

Rolling to wait patiently simply with a Sunbolt held aloft, intending to catch Herocles on it as he is slungshot towards me.
>>
>>44737403
>I hope Heroicus packed his sunscreen.
>>
Rolled 83, 67 = 150 (2d100)

>>44737352
>>44737403
Bearing the full brunt of the impact, the god of strength falters, sent sailing past his celestial brother.
However, when he believed himself doomed to drift out of the cosmos, Helios's pull begins to draw him back, back and towards the Mother.

Rolling first for defending against any incoming sunbolts, second for own assault against the Star Mother (consisting of brawling while wearing a suit of armor heavier than the planet of the mortals)

>mfw first nat 100 yet.
>mfw going TOWARDS the nat 100 attack
>mfw I have no face
>>
>>44737375
Stars are made from dead gods (specifically, gods devoured by Domina).
When mortals die they go to the Wheel. If a mortal soul makes it all the way around the Wheel it's reincarnated. If it falls off the Wheel it either becomes a ghost (if it falls off back into creation) or gets eaten by Golgadath (if it falls off in the void).
The actions of gods constantly give rise to other gods. The dark gods who caused trouble in the first and second age (Lurker, Nihil None, Ralet and DARK) seem mostly to have been created by shadows resulting from Domina creating light, and Heroicus was created from the thoughts of mortals.

>>44737380
Oh shit

>>44737403
OH SHIT
>>
>>44737403
>>ohshit.jpg
>>
>>44737453
>>44737403
give me a minute
>>
>>44737454
So Domina is BBEG?
>>
>>44737380
And so, Veraiitus whispers into the ears of the common people: "look at the nobles an rich ones. They seem awfully content with enjoying the fruits of your labor, while denying you the same. Isn't it unfair that they get to own everything and not have to lift a finger while you toil in the fields, only for them to leave you nothing but scraps? Take up arms against theme and take what is yours back from the noble pigs."

And so he sowed the seeds of unrest and from it he reaped conflict.
>>
>>44737500
nah, more like Domina created the world, and therefore is true neutral as she is creation and destruction and re-creation
>>
>>44737510
It was was when the first sparks of war begun that Crucible took interest in lesser beings.

>>44737403
DOMINA! Star Mother, lend me your light so that I may create life. They will be strong and will live cycles far longer than those of these humans. They will have but one eye so as to stay focussed on what they do, and they will be large, so large as to be able to properly serve those they worship. The Cyclops is the name I bestow onto them, and in their worship of the First Light and the Crucible they will do great things. Lend me your light, and I will make it so.

>Also fluff wise, I arose from the balance of Order and Chaos, simply came into being as the Cycles became many and they required a Watcher.
>>
>>44737453
>>44737403
nat 100 vs 83

As Helios's pull sent Herocles onwards faster than any god could have managed on their own, there was no way he could dodge the incoming sunbolt.

The impact was simply cataclysmic, shattering the left side of the sun-armor and sending Herocles off-course and crashing through one of the empty comets orbiting around the Mother's domain and coming to a stop close to her, all his momentum gone.

Slowly "rising" to face her, the god of Strength could do little more than to tear off the remaining broken pieces of the gauntlet that had been made to protect his left arm.

(would have made this more catastrophic if the opposing roll had been lower. Like KO or plain death on a 50 or less.)
>>
>>44737500
I dunno if evil is the right word. She was the first god to speak the WORD, so she's pretty much the creator of the universe and wants to see it prosper. But, her main thing just seems to be wanting to create stars, which she just happens to need to eat other gods to do. She doesn't care about mortals all that much.

First big bad evil guys seemed to be the shadow/darkness/death/decay gods. But Nihil None and Ralet haven't been seen since the 1st Era, and during the 2nd Era Lurker accidentally killed himself and DARK was trapped inside a moon.

The big problem in the 3rd Era was Urgos stealing Frackt's power and trying to plunge creation into eternal winter. Now him and Frackt are pretty chill and just share the spot of winter god.

This era the big problems seem to be
>Domina is particularly hungry
>Veraiitus, who came about last round, is trying to sow dissent amongst mortals
>Golgadath has started feasting on souls from the afterlife, but he doesn't want to come inside the universe and he only eats souls which get lost
>>
>>44737689
Not trying, did sow dissent
>>
>>44737715
My mission for this erase is complete, and so I shall rest far away from Domina.
>>
>>44737689
You forgot the divine blowjob with teeth and the nat 100 sunbolt... (and if you don't feel like it did enough, take into account that it hit a suit of armor made out of material siphoned from a white dwarf star. if anything, there's now a dusty nebula all over the cosmos from the parts that got the hit itself.)
>>
>>44737757
Era*

Funking phones, man. Autocorrect sucks.
>>
Rolled 10 (1d100)

>>44737689
"him and Frackt are pretty chill"

I see what you did there.

Using my chill powers, I begin preparing a party, which I will continue to do so until the fourth age. Cold beer, ice-cream, frozen steaks, you name it, we got it!
>>
Rolled 89 (1d100)

>>44737759
Crucible takes the pieces of what was once Herocles's armour, now shattered and strewn, though imbued with the power of a Cataclysmic Sunbolt, and takes them to his throne, The Forge.

Crucible uses all that there and makes it into a workable material, how strong is this material?

//Would any sort of bonus be gained by the fact is was siphoned from a White dwarf, warn by the God of Strength when he was nearly killed, and being imbued with the sunbolt?
>>
>>44737689
>>44737817
So Urgos is like the Harsh Element of winter while Frackt is more the Change of Season and element aspect, aka part of the "Cycle"? ;)
>>
Rolled 6, 6, 94 = 106 (3d100)

>>44737643
Rolling to assist Crucible by way of my closest child, since I am occupied currently.

>>44737657
You will burn for this, and your constituent essence laid bare. Rolling to grab Herocles with one hand, and skewer him with a Sunbolt.

A second roll, for Herocles's proximity to me, by which he may take damage due to the brilliance of my glory, let alone the potential to soon be holding onto him.
>>
>>44731492
I am the new god. All shall bow before I, Incipiens-Deus, inheritor of all, natural lord over none.
>you will always be baby god
>youll never be big strong deus like your pals
>>
Rolled 18 + 6 (1d100 + 6)

>>44737955
Thank you Domina, with this +6 I'll roll for the creation of the Cyclops.
>>
>>44737845
well, lets just say that matter in a dwarf star is rivalled only in density by black holes and neutron stars, so that's actually A LOT of materials you got there.
Then there's the whole divine theme of sun-armor, sunbolt, and stuff, so I'd say it's got something imbued in it alright.

>>44737955
>first a nat 100, now a 6

Burn I may, but you may have your precious essence delivered right back to you.

First roll is to take said sunbolt away from the crazy god-cannibal and shove it in her face (preferrably mouth), second to resist the damn glory.
>>
Rolled 52 (1d100)

>>44737817
I'll bring the booze and some of the nicer mortal women. Rolling for quality of party supplies that I will bring.
>>
Rolled 44, 45 = 89 (2d100)

>>44738006
fucking failed at rolling at such a crucial time.
yes, yes, anons, you can laugh all you want.
>>
>>44737817
Rolling to pass age requirement to enter party.
>tfw
>>
>>44738005
>20 out of 100
Your cyclopses might have some problems friend

>>44738013
Sounds like they're pretty hit or miss.

>>44738026
>Choir laughing loudly in the background
>>
>>44738006
iirc when I was like 10 I read that a tea-spoon of a dwarf star is equal in mass to 20 empire state buildings?

>>44738013
>>44737817
I'll bring whatever you may ask.

>>44738005
This failed, I think I accidentally created Trolls, Ogres, or like some other large stupid beast.
>>
>>44738006
>>44738026
His once mortal skin searing and flaking off in places, baring the purity of the divine essence underneath, did little to deter the god of strength as he turned the Star Mother's weapon against her.
>>
Rolled 77 (1d100)

>>44738056
>internal screaming
>>
Rolled 1 (1d100)

The rush to war and the rush to escape, the words of travel and adventure from these essences i have gained form from beyond.
>>
File: burgerpants.png (4 KB, 213x213) Image search: [Google]
burgerpants.png
4 KB, 213x213
>>44738090
>God of escape and travel comes into existence
>Immediately escapes back out of existence
Nice one
>>
>>44738077
Okay, now the Gods laugh at this youngun.

>>44738090
Welcome Ucton, a god with the strength of like a Level 20 D&D character if even.
>>
>>44738090
Congrats. You are the weakest god.
>>
>>44737091
You want to hear of an old world? I will tell you of the oldest. The first world. In the beginning, there was no word. No spirit, no emotion, no matter. Merely potential.

From the potential arose my race. And we discerned it.

From outside that potential arose the Monitors. Both races observed.

We saw think, the forging in fire of the first stars. The creation of the first light. It was a fractal, self-propagating truth.

The Witnesses were enamored. They resolved to watch every possibility unfold. The Monitors were disgusted.

But then, there was one thing anathema to he Monitors - THE WORD.

This world is one of an infinity. I was one of an infinity of Witnesses. And when the WORD no longer echoes, the world shall be devoured. Destroyed. I have seen it happen countless times.

And you've seen a world die before too, haven't you, Domina?
>>
>>44738090
You apparently gained didly. Nuffle must be watching.
>>
>>44738063
something like that. Now imagine a god barely smaller than a huge-ass comet coated in a pretty fucking thick layer of the stuff. Now imagine at least half that shit getting bombed to bits.
>>
Rolled 85 (1d100)

>>44738090
sadly i am but a whisper and my words fleeting
but i shall begin the call to adventure to all mortals
>>
Rolled 17 (1d100)

>>44738108
Why must I be bullied in such a way? I WISH TO BE MIGHTY LIKE YOU!
Rolling to have extreme workout session and become physically stronger.
>>
>>44738126
You are barely anything, but mortals like you I guess. The first Adventurer turned semi-divine?
>>
>>44738144
This isn't HUGE Quest. You need other godly souls to get more powerful.
>>
Rolled 46 (1d100)

>>44738126
I roll to assist.

Those who wish to find rebirth in their life, who wish to be new, go to Ucton! Go and set forth!
>>
File: 1440436904497.gif (3 MB, 263x150) Image search: [Google]
1440436904497.gif
3 MB, 263x150
Rolled 97, 41 = 138 (2d100)

>>44738090
>mfw
Welcome to the cosmos friend!

>>44738026
A 6 to a 44, and I certainly cannot resist Herocles's effort to wrest the Sunbolt from me though as an attack it leaves a little to be desired, and in effect strikes me with roughly the same divinity as my own.

Rolling to grab with both hands this time in order to prevent him from using the Sunbolt on me again lest he strike a critical spot, or worse, my mouth. Second roll again, the furious incandescence of my divine glory.

As an aside, the paring of his physical form revealing the divine soul beneath, doubles my hunger.
>>
>>44738126
A whisper can ripple into a chorus. The Witnesses know this. Mortals are stirring to discover new continents, new ideals to strive for.

I roll to throw a fragment of my knowledge to the world, so they may discover from whence they came.
>>
>>44738169
But my muscles make me feel confident. I can always just wish my problems away. Or drown my sorrows of being a small irrelevant power in alcoholism. Can Gods be alcoholics?
>>
Rolled 59 (1d100)

>>44738189
I stand to aid you, Ucton. I too know the pain of lesser god hood.
>>
>>44738126
the whisper is always there calling for the mortals to reach out and adventure.
This shall be my Legacy
>>
>>44738201
Ever heard of Bacchus/Dionysus?
>>
>>44738201
Ask sleazus
>>
>>44738201
>>44738228
He was also the youngest of the Olympians.
>>
>>44738110
>And you've seen a world die before too, haven't you, Domina?

I would imagine at least one, yes, since I had to have come from somewhere, while the other gods emerged into this cosmos overtime.

The real question is, what was the nature of the two gods whom were consumed to make the first star? If they too were elder ones, or the first two victims of hunger.
>>
>>44738226
Ucton, I invite you to my forge, here I shall try to give you new strength, but first vanquish my failed creations. The dread Cynaughts, evil crooked beings in a land that the Adventurers are beginning to set foot on. (see >>44738005 )

Do this, and I shall give you rebirth.
>>
Rolled 49 (1d100)

As the song strengthens the mortal hearts so to does it strengthen my resolve
rolling for pep-talk for strength
>>
>>44738169
>>44738201

That's not entirely fair/true. Unless something changed, gods should be able to increase their strength without outside assistance, if they do so within the confines of their domain.

So for example, when I consume divine essence that is of my lineage, I grow stronger. That's not a divine soul, that's like Regolith, Molinoth or Heroicus discarding some of their essence or divine belongings/creations, and me consuming it.
>>
Rolled 95 (1d100)

My quest to become an alcoholic begins. Rolling to create the universe's most powerful alcoholic beverage.This is my true calling.
>>
>>44738247
They are named Os and Kalthamir. They were a Witness and Monitor infatuated with one another. Os was so enamored that he devoured Kalthamir - But for Witness and Monitor to touch is death. Their hunger for another birthed the material universes.

Your glory marks you as a descendant of two soldiers of the first war. Your bloodline goes back to the beginning - You hold the sapience of Os and the hunger of Kalthamir.
>>
>>44738344
That seems pretty sensible. And good to know in the way of the cosmology of things.
>>
Rolled 35, 4 = 39 (2d100)

>>44738188
standing tall against the fiery mother, her touch burning away the shell around his pure divinity, there is little the god can do to defend himself.
Rather than defence, his mind is set on offense. But there is little one can do when held in place by the fiery presence of Domina.
But, in the cunning mind given to him by Veraiitus he comes with a desperate plan.

Gathering some of his own essence in his "mouth", he spits it towards Domina's face.

First roll is enduring the fiery blaze, second is to try to accurately aim the essence for her mouth.
>>
For the sake of fun and giving a bad guy to fight, would people mind if I played a second god at the same time, I'd tag his actions as being under a different name in my post but it'd still be with this trip.

This god would be the god of Abominations, I'd make fun monsters and what not to fight.

>>44738320
Lineage? That means I am safe! woo

>>44738332
My god...
>>
Rolled 26 (1d100)

>>44738284
I accept for the end of one story is the beginning of another
roll for ending the Cynaughts
>>
Rolled 69 (1d100)

I gift this beverage to the mortals of the world, while keeping the recipe. Rolling for how many alcoholics I birth from my drink. Every 10 is 20 new alcoholic mortal men due to my drink.
>>
>>44738376
oh dear, just when you got me rooting for the extra god.
97 vs 35
The fiery blaze scorches what was left of his mortal self, leaving only half a suit of armor and a hastily formed near-formless divine self, inhabiting the suit.
The shard of essence loses all speed and power, falling down between the two.
>>
Rolled 76 (1d100)

>>44738445
Roll to collect the shard of essence, to use for an inevitable rebirth.

>>44738445
What exactly is this shard?
>>
Rolled 19 (1d100)

>>44738382
>>44738382
i fear the spirit of adventure has emboldened the Cynaughts they to seek new land i shall quell all adventures thoughts in them
>>
>>44738469
dude... you sidestep into a cosmic fistfight to snatch the thing Domina has endless craving for?
That's colder than Frackt's coat of winter.

it's just a piece of what makes the god a god, a part of his soul.
>>
File: monitor.png (65 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
monitor.png
65 KB, 500x500
>>44738110
>>44738247
>>44738344
I cannot claim to hate mortals,
Or matter,
Though I do loathe the idea of being connected to the world,
Perhaps out of fear of the Monitors as I first thought,
Or perhaps because I fear a limit on my own freedom?

Regardless, I do not use the WORD,
Or atleast, not enough to contribute to your miserable, limited creation,
Only enough to defend myself,
Out here,
In the Outside,
My own wonderful, calm, unending world,
Free of your petty squabbles and toys.

As I said, perhaps I and Domina could be some sort of kin - more so, if she had not birthed creation,
And you yourself, Witness-That-Was, who have seen more than any of us, mistook me as something akin to a Monitor at first,
So perhaps across the endings and beginnings of many worlds,
Some intangible essence or bloodline has been passed on,
Stemming from the Monitors,
And resulted in myself.

And perhaps it would be easiest for me,
To simply call on them,
And ask to join their ranks,
Instead of waiting for this world to live out all its millenia,
And then to flee from the Monitors when they arrive,
As the Witnesses have for time uncountable.

Or, maybe, I should do it myself,
And consume the sphere of existence before the Monitors find it,
And grow so great in power that not even they could oppose me.

I will retreat into the nothingness for now,
And think on it.

oh man this thread is real fun. i haven't done this sort of making shit up on the spot, no plan, pretty much free form RP in ages.

>>44738380
I'm pretty sure being more than one god is allowed as long as you don't collaborate with yourself for unfair advantages. Heroicus is playing other members of his own lineage like Herocles.
>>
Rolled 97 (1d100)

>>44738478
Marvelous. True adversaries for the heroes amongst men.
Rolling to aid adventurers fighting Cynaughts
>>
File: crimson_mantis.png (488 KB, 437x618) Image search: [Google]
crimson_mantis.png
488 KB, 437x618
Rolled 29, 13 = 42 (2d100)

>>44738380
>would people mind if I played a second god at the same time

I can't imagine why. More anything going on is always welcome.

>>44738382
Just an aside that I too can offer rebirth, as a star no less and sharing my own divine lineage.

>>44738380
None are safe from being devoured I would say, but if you are sprung from me or my children, my glory will not harm you.

>>44738376
With my grip upon Herocles firm, it was my intent to embrace him to my body till he was purified. His ill-fated attempt at feeding me though, as well as my increasing anger overtime causes me to descend into my primal form as my glamour of human form sheds around me; that of an eldritch space horror cosmic mantis.

Thus, without any shred of restraint or propriety, only hunger remains. Rolling, assuming a roll is needed, to consume the divine soul of Herocles from within the armor. Second roll, as it looks like Crucible is drawing near, to catch him as well though obviously no intent to devour him as well (assuming Herocles goes down as expected).
>>
>>44738478
My first words ring in the minds they have began down a path and will not turn back i must strike them down and be the peril on the journey
>>
Rolled 44 (1d100)

>>44738534
Without cold there is no warmth.

I intend only to gather the shard, the rest of the essence is for Domina.

Roll to gtfo before Domina gets me.
>>
Rolled 79 (1d100)

To give to my new found followers/alkies, I produce an form of alcohol, but now smokable. Incipiens-Deus is now God of Addiction and Alcohol.
>>
Rolled 28, 10 = 38 (2d100)

>>44738578
It has happened, she has shown her true self.

Rolling first to defend against her feeding attempts with the armor, second to send some of the near-formless shape of the god up the path she has usually expelled her starry children out of, and to impregnate the primal goddess. (yes, captain Kirk over here looked at the eldritch horror mantis and said, fuck it, I'm still gonna fuck that.)
>>
Rolled 67 (1d100)

>>44738575
Truly a great Victory i shall create a calling to commemorate this day
rolling to create Calling: Path of the hero this strengthens those who fight against the greatest odds(Mortal or God)
>>
>>44738567
yes, that is true, but Herocles was meant to be a god-on-a-platter, not a fucking cosmic showdown. Damn the dice and damn the deceiver for giving him an ego.
>>
Can we get a Domina family tree? I get she makes stars, but are stars sapient? Where did Regolith come from? When did Heroicus somehow get involved in that family line, seeing as he was spawned from mortal thoughts? Why does he have so many kids? And how come Veraiitus is apparently his brother?

>>44738638
He was such a sweet boy now look at him
I blame godly television and the media for this
>>
Rolled 59 (1d100)

>>44738673
Ucton, My roll here divided by 3 rounded up shall be your new power (not too OP in other words).
>>
Rolled 43 (1d100)

>>44738638
Once again giving this new substance to mortals, I tell the mortals subservient to my alcohol-giving powers to sell this substance to as many people as possible. Every 10 in the dice rolls in another 20 more alkie scum.
>>
>>44738702
Heroicus was spawned from the thoughts of all things, mortal and divine, as a cosmic aspect of courage and valor. That's why he's kinda connected to everyone and kinda not, and why he was a formless mass of divine.
Veraiitus was born in the same way, but from as an aspect of cowardice and deceit.
>>
>>44738702
Domina made two stars, which collided. The collision birthed yours truly. I believe Monolith is part of the family tree, but I was confused about that. Heroicus came about because courageous mortals.
>>
>>44738772
Molinoth spawned from Udros's moon after Domina's radiance fell upon it.
>>
Rolled 21, 72 = 93 (2d100)

>>44738669
Only further angered by the resistance, I roll to redouble my feeding efforts by simply tearing apart the armor to get at the god's soul within. Second roll to physically avoid being impregnated. Further roll if failure, to avoid actual conception.

Another threadly foray into the magical realm?
>>
>>44738717
20, not bad.

>Cryk
A disturbance is felt through all, and as of late Ucton's adventurers have had their hands filled. There are more beasts and fantastic creatures then ever before, not to mention they seem to not be just creatures, but monsters in the truest sense of the word.

*Boss Music Begins Playing*

The darkness of spaces seems to be moving, it culminates in a large formless heap... A retched vibe emanates from this heap and all feel it.
>>
Rolled 54 (1d100)

>>44738717
I construct a mighty brewery where my mortal followers are to produce my new substances. Alcohol is life's greatest pleasure, and I must bring it to all!
>>
Rolled 83, 51 = 134 (2d100)

>>44738805
Seeing only one possible way out of this situation, Herocles makes one last attempt to defend his form with the broken armor, using its distraction to leave only the smallest portion of his self within it. With nowhere else to go but forward, and his earlier plan thwarted, Herocles attempts to force his self into Domina's womb, to be reborn without being devoured.

First roll for distraction/defense, second roll for weird action that would seem oddly fitting in Greek Mythology.
always. But you knew this was gonna happen if the dice declared that Herocles didn't die quickly. But then again: Formless massxEldritch mantis is probably not anyone's fetish.... except maybe on /d/..
>>
Can someone give a basic rundown of the current creatures in this universe
>>
>>44738717
Thank you Crucible for the power it is sufficient
For adventure has challenges to over come and every journey has a long path ahead of them
>>
>>44738943
All I know/remember is the velociglider, which is my sacred bird, and the golems that live on one of the moons/comets.
>>
>>44738943
Humans, lith (not!dragon serpents), sea folk, moon worms (just ask Molinoth), velociogliders(the ONE kind of bird), aves (winged sentients), hill giant-things, golems (only on Nessus's drifting moon), regular animals.
Oh, and the space mantas and luminous (Caliban's creations)
>>
>>44738702

Stars in this setting are simply divine souls stripped down to their bare form, to shine and burn clear to see in the cosmos. Essentially, stripping away everything from a god, such as their "physical" representation, their personality, name, memories, etc... till nothing remains but their pure soul. My domain is the ability to do this, essentially purify gods by removing the burdens of identity and my glory, the divine aura, burns away these sins.

In that sense, I had always assumed stars to be playable if not sapient, and if a god was consumed and rebirthed, it would be entirely within their power to re-manifest as a representation of their star form. Like if our real life sun manifested as an avatar and started interacting with Earth or other gods. It's just that, so far, none of the former gods-turned stars have chosen to do this and just faded away in being consumed. To this overall logic, it also stands to reason that simply overtime, stars would once again begin to develop identities and become gods once more, so yet another opportunity for players to take the idea and run with.

For my family tree, it goes something like;

>Actual children
- Oronix and Rinokan, proper stars and former gods
- Hellios and the twin frozen stars, improper stars made from divine essence rather than souls

>Indirect descendants
- Regolith, grandson as a result of the first two stars colliding to form one
- Molinot, grandson as a result of my glory striking and reflecting off of the first moon due to the actions of another god

Forgive me if I left anyone out.
>>
Rolled 49 (1d100)

My brewery is truly a sight. I give my followers the recipes to my drink and smokable alcohol, and force them to work in the factory.
>inb4 0 and they revolt
>>
>>44738939
And here we stand on the precipice of madness and wonder, should we jump?
>>
Time to go dormant
>>
>>44738578
when my journey ends i pledge my essence will come to you so you may make me to a guiding star so that many may navigate and look to me during their journey
>>
>>44738990
Cynaughts to, failed Cyclopses, evil and twisted things. Mainly killed off but a few remain scattered between planets and moons.
>>
Rolled 64, 81, 62 = 207 (3d100)

>>44738939
Rolling to resist of course, on both accounts, and then to simply orient myself away from the remains of Herocles so that he can't keep trying to violate me.

Assuming failure, good thing I was wise to your ways and reverted to primal form. Different reproductive method, which may come in handy here in a bit.
>>
>>44739226
Well it looks like the distraction and defense worked, but insertion did not.
>>
>>44739226
Probably worth clearing, third roll is another consume roll. The moving my rear end away from Herocles is just a free action, shouldn't have to roll to move unless being restrained I figure.
>>
Rolled 95 (1d100)

>>44739226
>>44739256
Exhausted, and more than a little confused, the indomitable god of strength does the last thing he can do. He draws himself back into the broken armor and casts it off and towards the earth, where it turns a valley into a mysterious brass-like mountain range.

He faces the first of the gods, and utters his last words:
"I made you work for it, didn't I?"

Roll is assistance for the eventual "star size" roll you will make, just to make it an extra large one.
>>
File: M7RYRBm.gif (1 MB, 500x461) Image search: [Google]
M7RYRBm.gif
1 MB, 500x461
>>44739362
>mfw I only intended it to be 50-60 something to get the end result above 100 and make it the largest star yet.
>>
Rolled 45, 42 = 87 (2d100)

>>44739362
The elder one draws her prey close and utters her response:

>[Angry Mantis Noises]

After which she consumes him bit by bit till naught remains. With the Stellar Hunt ended, the stars return to their regular state and luminescence, just as the angry goddess's rage subsides and her form slowly returns to that of a more personable state. And so the divine soul of Herocles was consumed and found its way to her womb where once stripped of all burdens of identity, it endures that crucible and is reduced to its purest state.

Because of the nature of the god's soul, the bare minimum size is huge, and so takes more time to gestate within the star mother. Eventually though she gives birth to a mighty sun, the act of doing so strengthening both mother and child. So strong is it, that it may not even need to be nursed to stability.

Rolling twice, first for the added strength of the star, and second for a permanent increase to my power due to the nature of Heroicus (and as a result his offspring) being indirectly related to my own divinity.
>>
Rolled 2 + 40 (1d100 + 40)

WHAT'S ALL THIS NOISE!?

I take a few hundred years to watch my creations develop and then some giant Sunbolt nearly blinds everyone on my moon!

Yeesh, I'm putting that shield up.

Rolling to create an ephemeral shield around my moon that will block out things that would cause a great deal of harm to its inhabitants.
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>44739542
It's not much really, just my son fighting one-on-one against the Star Mother and losing. But boy, what a fight.

(self-recovery roll, currently at 47/99)
>>
Rolled 3 (1d50)

>>44739542
It's adequate.

Urgh, I'm going to set up more comets and Garrison them with Luminous whose sole duty is to keep this excessive racket down. In short, to break up fights between Gods.

Rolling for Number of comets.
>>
File: Go2jbhC.jpg (740 KB, 3508x2480) Image search: [Google]
Go2jbhC.jpg
740 KB, 3508x2480
>>44739514
And so, the first giant star, a yellow one, emerges into creation, with the shattered remains of Herocles's armor orbiting it.

I assume the star will be named Herocles, but it's really up to Heroicus to determine that, as well as where in the cosmos the star will end up.
>>
>>44739677
BY DOMINA'S TITS THIS VEXES ME.

At least my saecora have started worshipping me.

And using the great Wyrms as a rapid transit system. You go little guys, you go.
>>
>>44739693
hmm... yes. Herocles sounds like a fitting name, in his memory.

As to its location.. hmm.. the last time I chose one the center of the cosmos was realigned, so I will trust your judgement on this thought, Star Mother.
>>
>>44739693
I take the remnants of Heroicus's armor for study.

Solar Divine Essence is not something I've worked with yet. The Caliborn are made of Cold Divine Essence and the Luminous are made of Light so this should be interesting.
>>
Rolled 29, 82 = 111 (2d100)

>>44739807
By simple proximity, I attempt to catch Caliban for straying too near.

>>44739763
Second roll is to determine a direction for Herocles to be sent in. Based on a d100 roll will determine vector, orientation and range.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d100)

>>44739864
Wait, wha- OH NOT AGAIN!

Rolling to run with my booty.
>>
Rolled 81, 59, 22, 43 = 205 (4d100)

Necessity is the mother of invention; thus did mortals broaden logic.

Repetition is the mother of learning; thus did those who watch over those mortals benefit from them.

We are those mortals' Confidants, but my path differs from my brother's. Only now have we entered the great stage. [Rolling 2d100 for respective strengths, then 2d100 for who ascended first.]
>>
Rolled 87 (1d100)

A new star a new destination and i will attempt to create a new world to orbit it in honour of a god of heroics
Roll to create a world
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.