[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the worst fate a PC/NPC has suffered in your game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37
File: 1379204179226.jpg (116 KB, 710x947) Image search: [Google]
1379204179226.jpg
116 KB, 710x947
What's the worst fate a PC/NPC has suffered in your game?

Cute dragoness unrelated
>>
>>44728695
Dude got shoved into a barrier of air elemental piranha.
>>
>>44728695

Paladin doomed to get brainwashed every single night of his life until he would become a neutral husk of itself, and not even get any recognition for his deeds no matter how hard fought they were because at the last second his hard fought victory was stolen by an NPC (even though he had everything under control).
He managed to get the girl, but his descendants would had looked horrible, and probably doomed to his same brainwashing fate.

And that was the good ending.
>>
>>44728790
Oh wait, there was another time when they were fighting some sort of monster with a big mouth and the blackguard, the only one left with more than a quarter of his hp, grabbed a bunch of vials of alchemists fire (or something similar, it's been a while, they were objects that broke and caused fire damage) and rolled to shove them down the things throat and crush them inside it. He killed the thing and his arm was ruined.
>>
>>44728695
Found out NERV was trying to end the world when he'd been raised from early childhood to be a soldier for it, found out his fellow pilot and childhood friend had not only been killed by the experiments NERV'd done to her/his fellow pilots and friends, but that her body was basically angelically possessed (by seeing it kill a bunch of innocent people) and watching the geofront he'd been fighting to protect get destroyed and a horrifyingly powerful Angel show up right afterwards.

When he got eaten by it, he was already pretty much broken.
>>
>>44728695
Elf
Killed unfairly by GM's mistakes
Forced reincarnation
Now is a dwarf
>>
>>44728695

When the PCs lost the final battle, the Sorcerer's love interest was taken by the BBEG. The next campaign started twenty years later, and one of the main antagonists for the new heroes was the BBEG's son.

Guess who the mother was.

When they actually met her, she was wheelchair-bound and catanoiac from the trauma. She had screamed for her lover's help for weeks, until the BBEG brought her his head.
>>
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 1280x720
>>44729074
Jesus fuck man
>>
>>44728695
Out of character, a continuation have where my pc from the prior campaign didn't get the ending I wanted.
Like, was still alive though she should have died of old age.

In character, an NPC friend who'd had to start selling her body (complete with mind-control collar and leash) to someone she loathes to keep herself and the cotiere under her protection from getting sold into slavery.

Or the cheerful, habitually untruthful, but friendly ex-slave NPC who'd escaped slavery, been rescued by the PCs, and then through balls, bravado, and charisma, made good friends with the BBEG and became the BBEG's right-claw minion and interlocutor.
She'd tried to repay the favor she felt she owed the PCs by hooking them up with her new boss and throwing work their way (as well as showing of her new status and power for some people [the PCs] that she liked)
The PCs hated the villain though, killed both her and the poor ex-slave, (she died defending her friend) and over PC resurrected, but she came back.... Wrong.

I recognize that picture, OP.
>>
My character in an mgs inspired savage worlds games got disemboweled. Thanks to a bit of luck and the Hard To Kill trait, I managed to barely stay alive for 4 more rounds.
Sadly our party got wiped during the fourth round. Fuck melee in savage worlds
>>
>>44728695
He got dragged away screaming by the Actual Cannibal Shia LaBeouf
>>
File: 1450729975825.jpg (6 KB, 267x189) Image search: [Google]
1450729975825.jpg
6 KB, 267x189
I'll do you one better, LaBeouf guy.

>playing The Laundry Files, it's an SCP Wiki crossover
>the fucking Shy Guy SCP gets loose in a facility
>Players cross paths with the SCP woman whose curse is to see every living male creature as Shia LaBeouf
>She travels with the PCs but loses her nerve and looks at the Shy Guy
>Players have to shuffle along the edge of the room with faces pressed against the wall to avoid getting killed (it kills anyone who looks at it even if they're miles away) while listening to her get torn apart piece by piece
>Her last moments spent alive she was being horribly dissected by Shia LaBeouf
>>
>Party has to deal with the second-in-command of the BBEG, his female general residing in her fortress
>Party goes through the fortress, killing any resistance encountered
>Heads into the command center/throne room
>My sorceror attempts to summon an Incubus to seduce her while we tie her up and interrogate her about the BBEG's plans
>Roll a 1
>Incubus is summoned, but is far out of our control. It makes a beeline for the general while trapping us in a circle. walk outside the circle = death
>Grabs her, rips her clothes off and rapes her. She can't do anything except scream in terror and pain
>After it finishes, it summons another incubus- expending the circle.
>As we run out of the room, my Pc foolishly looks back
>Second Incubus goes to town on her lower torso while the first one pulls her in half by the arms

I felt kinda bad
>>
File: feels mage.png (114 KB, 233x228) Image search: [Google]
feels mage.png
114 KB, 233x228
>>44728695
NPC villain. He wanted to make an army of psychic clone soldiers, so that normal humans wouldn't have to go to war. He was working for the american government, to protect america.

His army was wiped out before it was ready, all but one of the survivors turned on him-and though she remained loyal for a very long time, when he tried to convince her to help birth a more loyal, stable crop of soldiers she turned on him as well.

His dreams died, and in the final stages of his life he got to live alone in a too-large house while the country he spent his life working to protect treated him as one of history's great criminals. Sure, his methods were a little rough, and yes, some unorthodox breeding practices were used to manipulate the genetic stock, but it was all for a purpose, couldn't they see?

Evidently not.

He wasn't fought, but he was defeated.
>>
>>44730505
also there was that alien magic elemental where they took her soul gem/phylacerty and shoved it in an industrial diamond press, after burning/cutting/shooting up all of the various bodies she had taken over. Was kinda painful.

Or perhaps the real award for that game goes to the girl the alien had possessed, who got to watch as her body was taken over by an insane spoiled brat of an alien god, who killed and mind controlled many of her fellow soldiers. The PCs weren't taking any chances, so no effort was made to save her. She died.
>>
>>44728695
>Lonely overpowered dragoness + Player who wished to retire his PC = bardildo

Run into him every now and then when we use said drgoness as a pawn shop, but like 9/10 times the DM is making it pretty clear he's "in use"

Dragoness has offered to buy our services on more than a few occasions
>>
>>44730665
Something is fucking wrong with you faggots.
>>
>>44730731
That PC was made while the player was drunk and the bard's goal in life was to "drown in pussy"

Our DM just made sure she gave him that chance
>>
>>44728985
You must be confused laddy, this isn't the best fate thread.
>>
>>44730731
Welcome to the Magical Realm.
>>
>>44728695
>cute

Anon you may want to look in a dictionary.

Even if you find that pile of shit doodling sexually attractive, as was probably your intent, there is no way it fits any definition of 'cute.'
>>
>>44731573
I unno, she looks like she could cuddle pretty well
>>
>>44731796
>cuddle
And bleed you to death in the process, given that she's pretty much made of spikes.
>>
>>44728695
Just last me and another PC psychologically tortured a captive bandit with the hope that he would be Ebenezar Scrooge when he woke up
>>
>>44732034
That's her armour.
Just don't rub her scales the wrong way, like a shark. It'll be fine.
>>
File: how horrifying.jpg (56 KB, 225x220) Image search: [Google]
how horrifying.jpg
56 KB, 225x220
>>44729769
>>Her last moments spent alive she was being horribly dissected by Shia LaBeouf

https://soundcloud.com/rob-cantor/shia-labeouf
>>
Had a guardsman intentionally mutated and possessed by her inquisitor to create a nigh unkillable and loyal Space Marine replacement. She was rescued and the process partially reversed, but by the time that happened she was utterly insane and everyone she genuinely cared about was dead and talking to her via hallucination.
>>
>>44728695
>Sci-fi game
>A PC decides to threaten the person about to perform body modification surgery on him
>He wakes up to find that in response to any pain at all, every single nerve in his body fires off a pain response
>Oh and that he's been given gene therapy to make him allergic to every single painkiller except one
>Which he isn't told the name of

Don't think any of the NPCs had it this bad, not even the civilians. We normally just kill them of accident. Well, aside from the time the gangster catgirl forced a group of hostages to re-enact fan fiction at gunpoint.
>>
>>44729769
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>44728695
We put a PC that had betrayed the party into a space suit, strapped him to the front of out star ship then did a standard re-entry.

It did not go well for him.
>>
Same game, two of us PCs got captured into slavery by kobolds and endured a lot of brutal treatment and various tortures, and a lot of magical realm. NPC, same situation just she had been captured for much longer than we had. DM was a gross sperg for all of that.
>>
>>44728695
We have a PC who is immortal from being chosen to be the human champion of the God of Justice, however, the arch-nemesis of the God of Justice, Kalgar the Defiler, dominated the world and built a mountain over the champion and chained him down and has mountains that crush his limbs everyday (because they heal quickly for him anyway) and he's immortal and is the only one able to combat him. So he's just chained under a mountain constantly having his limbs broken and healed naturally.
>>
Only had one really gruesome death in a game so far. Dresden Files FATE campaign. The party was in the fae realm, taking part in a battle between some faerie gods. Our fixer, a totally legit Somalian businessman who definitely did not run a criminal empire with concerns all over New England, got shot by elven archers. Guy was on death's door. Calling upon his massive balls, he pulled out and armed a grenade, and dared the pointy-eared motherfuckers to finish him and poison the fae realm with iron shrapnel.

Unfortunately the BBEG called him out and shot him in the back. Copped a golden arrow through the heart, and he lived just long enough for the grenade to go off in his limp hand. Wasn't much left of him to bring back to Earth.
>>
>>44733517
What kind of speeds were to traveling at?
>inb4 le space is hot may-may
>>
My character seems to be an exercise in how much one person can suffer. These are a few things that have occurred:
>sexually abused by a memory wiping bard
>was tattooed as a baby
>father turned from good man into a literal monster
>shares his brain with a sociopathic bird and an evil demigod
>was forced to go into a cave with said evil demigod in it and have it whisper to him
>wasn't allowed to leave the estate
>was killed and resurrected by his father to prove a point

This is just back story shit.
>>
>>44729074
your DM needs serious help
>>
File: koboldprincess.png (1 MB, 699x3844) Image search: [Google]
koboldprincess.png
1 MB, 699x3844
Pic related. Except for a twist, the kobold was a daughter of an ancient dragon. And even though the dragon himself was ashamed about the circumstances of the kobold's conception, he still proved to be a VERY protective father.
>>
Forced to be a janitor on 4chan for twenty years.
>>
>>44728695
Well i got the NotBBEG BBEG's 11 year old forever screaming severed head in a jar and my char drinks to keep the PTSD at bay.
>>
>>44734488
Jesus fuck dude. Might want to tone it down a bit.
>>
>>44734461
So basically your GM had a kobold run around trying to shag you and not taking no for an answer, and then had an ancient dragon 'take offense' to that and lolkill you for it?
>>
>>44735200
No, lolkilling sucks. I was the GM, the kobold fell in love with first person sighted. Then she was trying to shag him and not taking no for an answer, whilst the party tried to deliver her back to the dragon's lair to avoid daddy's wrath. The old lizard got angry anyway, but not as much as he didn't care to pursue the players, so they managed to escape with minor burns only. The 'loved' character also suffered some mental trauma and became the object of recurring jokes within the party.

Much later into the session players badly needed to steal an item from THAT dragon's hoard, so they abused THAT kobold's unrequited love to gain intel and access to it.
>>
>>44734359
Protip: giving your character a backstory full of rape and daddy issues won't make him interesting.
>>
>>44735566
That's the worst gate anyone had suffered in your game?

Like... Nobody had even died?
>>
>>44735748
Just think of the poor maiden's heart.

And aside from that I just felt like sharing that story, I mean I could bring up stories of people being horribly mutilated or shifted into nonexistence, but this shit happens every other day in most campaigns.
>>
>>44728695
Maybe not the worst, but frightening.
>2 PCs 3.5 d&d
>brimstone ripoff. Both PCs lost their souls, and had to do collection work for demon
>a mage and a rogue ( charisma rogue)
>first job is an old woman, fairly rich, has a couple guards and a few servants
> get into her room via charm spell
>old woman is blind and has no tongue
>makes a little grunting garbled noise
>servant enters and surprise grapples mage
>rogue attacks old woman...by choking her
> describes covering her mouth and pinching her nose so she can't breath.
>5 rounds pass, mage ko's servant and stands up to help
>rogue is still choking old woman
>sitting on her chest, choking her
>DM " her face is red and dark purple, she goes limp".
>rogue " OK, cut her throat with a piece of mirror broken in the struggle"
>rogue " also, hit her with the bedpan, in the head, make sure she is dead".
>mfw this was my meek, quiet little wife's, first time playing anything other than healbot.
I dunno..the whole scene creeped me the fuck out.
>>
>>44735848
You're next. Don't say you were not warned.
>>
>>44735978
It really freaked me out. No shit. We normally play "the good guys". So this was a first for us. Even on this, we were neutral ( hoping to win our souls back).
I wanted to question the old woman, my wife just fucking jumped her and brutally choked the life out if her, thus sending her soul to the demon to torture.
I couldn't even wtf...
We left the house, and she says " did I get blood on my clothes? If so I want to go change, I want to look my part ".
Luckily, it was only one session.
>>
>>44728695

A Vampire PC who is incredibly loyal to his family to the point where incest happened with his sister because its clan giovanni WOD has had to deal with a lot of shit though mainly

>Has to be the party's tank despite being statted as a glass cannon because everyone else obfuscates the moment combat arrives, meaning he is at deaths door constantly.
>He is also the first to be manipulated and suffer from disciplines often.
>finding out his sister got blinded and crippled by a triad because gang warfare.
>Loses his own legs to which he is forced to get new ones by immoral means.
>Is constantly hypnotized by more powerful vampires, including one trying to turn him into a trap for his own amusement.
>Was forced to watch someone get raped.
>and now has to kill his own father for the rest of the family, meaning whatever descision he makes he will regret, and he will never be seen with honor again.
>>
>>44735848
Dafuk?
Does she usually play like that?
>>
>>44736082
Women are the devil bobby bushaee.
>>
>>44736123
>Is constantly hypnotized by more powerful vampires, including one trying to turn him into a trap for his own amusement
WoD players being their usual perfectly well-adjusted, sociable and likable selves :^)
>>
>>44736858
>keked
Yes we all joked about gm magical realming and moved on. It was pretty fucking funny though to have to roleplay him legitimatly thinking he had always been a woman temporarily. Thankfully the primogen who did this to him is lighthearted (or at least for now) and got him back to normal. Also got him to stand again just so he could make a jesus joke.

Still PC being the depressed pentient fool, he is often the target of manipulation. Mainly due to him being the only one in the party that tries to adhere to a moral code.
We often joke afterwards how he is swiftly becoming edgier as his humanity slips by.
I feel sorry for the poor bastard but its been great roleplaying as him.
>>
>>44729074

WHY
>>
>>44735848
When some players get into roleplaying they REALLY get into roleplaying.
>>
>>44736082
>>44735848
I read that twice.
Why did it make me shiver a bit?
>>
>>44737907
Because it is such cold, calculated violence for a reason you can't fully understand. The woman was blind and mute - couldn't possibly cast spells, and it would be amazing if she was a fighter. No threat.

So why kill her? Because the player, the character, wanted to. And it is so coldly, professionally done - not even simply hacking them to death with a sword, but choking them to unconsciousness and then slitting their throat, brutal tacticool style - that you know they wouldn't hesitate to do it again.
>>
>>44737907
Because its like a murder you see on 48 he's, or some other RL cop show.

Friggen brutal.
>>
>>44736082
Please tell me your wife doesn't work ad a graveyard shift nurse at a retirement home? Because that would really be spooky.
>>
>>44729074
Fugg. How'd the players react?
>>
>travelling party
>upstanding female fighter has a homestead, a husband and two children
>arrive to find homestead empty
>meals left half eaten, no signs of struggle
>animals still in their pens
>follow trail into the forest near the home
>eventually find a cave
>mother fucking vampies
>paladin keeps them at bay with his shield (holy symbol fuck yeah)
>find the kids and husband, they've been turned
>end up having to put them all down
>burn the entire nest out, brutal as fuck
>female fighter is the only one who failed her resist check when wounded
>nobody in our party has the ability to remove the curse
>because our Cleric was on holiday that session
>we're in the middle of nowhere, miles from any town that might have a healer capable of doing so
>before she can protest we beat her unconscious and tie her up because we're scared she'll fail the willpower rolls
>manages to keep her shit together for a full day while we camp on the other side of a running stream with ropes of garlic around our necks

>female fighter is now a really pissed off Half Vampire
>whose family was destroyed by vampires
>eventually with the teams help she adjusts
>Cleric learns Night's Mantle just for her
>even takes to drinking blood before a fight

>before we know it we have a female fighter who can climb walls like a spider, compel the weak minded to obey her will, see in the dark and sneak better than our rogue

It was neat, but also at the same time kinda fucked up. She became a real monster.
>>
>>44738480
>Not questing to resurrect his family
>>
File: ll5sxK9.png (3 KB, 227x225) Image search: [Google]
ll5sxK9.png
3 KB, 227x225
>>44738480
Any particularly interesting stories anon?
>>
>>44738541
Perma Death.

>>44738733
One particular moment was when we were hired to help throw some elections in a city. Coercion, threats, bribery, digging up dirt on the competition. We were trying to be nice about it, primarily because the person who hired us wanted us to be. Avoid killing, if possible, because it's bad for business all round.

Well, things were going well until it culminated in a stand off. We fond ourselves in a warehouse on the docks facing two of the respective runners, both of whom we had shit on previously, and a great deal of their henchmen. They had made a truce just to deal with us. They told us in no uncertain terms that we were finished, and that if we did anything else against either of them that we'd all be floating in a canal that night.

So, before we could say anything, our female Half Vampire fighter took a step forward and used her Compulsion ability to make the bodyguard of one of the nobles to attack the other noble.

What followed was an absolute bloodbath. Nobody except us left that warehouse alive. Our Cleric and Paladin were IC furious. It worked out in the end because the town believed the two sides had killed each other, and we convinced our employer that we were nowhere near it, that they must have grown desperate and tried to parley and something went wrong.

She went through an alignment change after that. A real throat cutter.
>>
>>44739051
>Waifu material
>>
>>44728695
He had to sit through a 1 hour speech-off between the GM and another Player.
>>
Honestly considering throwing my character infront of a train or something. Everything's been going extremely poorly for them, and they're already at breaking point.
>>
>>44738432

Badly. I'll tell the full story when I'm home from work, but at least that player's PC just died. He wasn't made into an undead assassin the way mine was.
>>
File: 215626252.png (152 KB, 1288x1030) Image search: [Google]
215626252.png
152 KB, 1288x1030
>>44728695
>unrelated
Are we sure?
>>
For me, I want to say a character ending up as a slave to a female BBEG with romantic interests as well as the usual villainy and conquering, and all that entailed.

For an NPC, probably magical realm but in one game a faith had rebelled against their goddess and in a revolution against her, managed to capture her in physical form. They then kept her prisoner, and one of the things done to her was people repeatedly reproducing with her to get demigod kids and eventual citizens running about. In none of this, was she willing or accepting of. It was more a background thing though that fed into that nation and explained some of their might and why there were lots of demigods about, we didn't actually see the goddess getting raped, though one player later got the chance to do so. Fucking DM.
>>
>>44739811
>For me, I want to say a character ending up as a slave to a female BBEG with romantic interests as well as the usual villainy and conquering, and all that entailed.
Go on
>>
>>44733601
Yeesh. The other stuff in this thread is at least inventive. This is just sad.
>>
>>44739913
Said it before, my character got romantically involved with a noblewoman to find out she was an Illithid in disguise and a secret villain. Because of his initial willingness though and the position she caught him in, she spared him in favor of slavery to her to assist with her plans as well as separately, to maintain a relationship with her since it helped with keeping up appearances and also her own personal enjoyment. Intimacy included disturbingly and unfortunately.
>>
File: 1420180565535.jpg (561 KB, 1451x1500) Image search: [Google]
1420180565535.jpg
561 KB, 1451x1500
I played a paladin who made the mistake of impressing an evil dragon.
This was after WORKING for her, because when an epic level dragon rolls social skills against a seventh level paladin, the result is
>okay.jpg
So after doing that and granting the whole party their own individual boon each at the end of the campaign, the epilogue I was given was "Oh, yeah, she casts the epic level spell 'enslave' on you.".
I can read between the lines.
I was raped.

Showed up again as an utterly underwhelming boss in a followup campaign. Yaaaay.
>>
>>44739773
That's really sad ;A;
>>
File: 1450631976909.gif (1 MB, 1300x1000) Image search: [Google]
1450631976909.gif
1 MB, 1300x1000
The worst fate I can remember is the time I was DMing and my player party nearly wiped to some very beefy kobolds who were raiding them for food. In the skirmish, they'd pretty much ruined most of their supplies and a few items they were saving up for use later on to defeat a necromancer and his horde of undead trolls. After the fighting had settled, the only kobold left alive was a fairly young female. The wizard, being a very anal hoarder, was angered at the fact that they had gotten shafted by the kobolds and took it out on her in one of the most mad wizard ways possible. The wizard enlisted the help of the rogue in order to surgically alter the kobold's throat so that there would be a hole that went straight to her stomach. After that was established, he then proceeded to have her throat altered so that he could securely anchor his bag of holding there and allow for easy access. For the rest of that campaign and a portion of a second one, he used the kobold as his mobile storage unit and fed her slurry through her feeding hole. The kobold had attempted suicide after about a week of ingame time, and the wizard punished her so harshly that she never attempted it again for fear of failure. He eventually safeproofed her so much that, barring the intervention of a deity, she was the least likely person around the party to die at any given time. I decided to ban surgical alterations in the future after that fiasco.
>>
File: bloody smile.png (137 KB, 246x220) Image search: [Google]
bloody smile.png
137 KB, 246x220
>>44729074
Your DM is a funny guy.
>>
>>44740270
Sounds like you had a pretty shit GM, if they just took away your choice like that.
>>
File: 1448601358562.gif (1 MB, 478x360) Image search: [Google]
1448601358562.gif
1 MB, 478x360
Well, I'm currently playing an all evil t. edgy party composed of:

>Repressed paladin turned blackguard who got excommunicated for being a little overzealous in his smiting and is now indulging all his degenerate impulses
>9 foot tall headhunting cannibal barbarian who eats children and rapes old ladies with equal panache
>Mola Ram meets Rasputin fiend-pact warlock who has a still beating human heart for a necklace and wants to become a demon after creating hell on Earth
>Crazed Nazi Mad Scientist artificer whose plan is to create a synthetic ubermensch by and kill the gods by way of gluing together the rest of the party

It's basically the D&D equivalent of torture porn like Saw or Hostel. Most recently, we finally caught up with one of the BBEGs liuetenants while he was on holiday with his family. Proceeded to go full Hannibal and forced the family to eat a meal of their own limbs before feeding the quadruple amputee kids to the Paladin's hounds while the parents watched. Barbarian had his way with the fucknugget wife and then the warlock sacrificed her desecrated corpse to some demons. The artificer drunkenly vivisected the lieutenant after extracting most of his memories with a homemade brain probe while the rest of the party was asleep. They left the bodies out for the servants to find in the morning, and continued on their merry way.

Basically every fucking session with this party is the players trying to outdo their own depravity and edginess in more inventive ways. It's also the second most fun I've had playing TTRPGs in recent memory.
>>
>>44741143
We rolled for it and everything.
>>
>>44728695
I think the time a guy got his hand torn off after fisting a giant boar.

You miss one session, and you miss the whole fucking session...
>>
>>44734309
Are you fucking retarded? A standard re-entry will cause heat due to friction entering a planet's atmosphere along with gravity being an asshole. A space suit isn't going to protect shit.
>>
>>44741700
you can't just drop that and not storytiem, anon
>>
>>44741958
Sadly, I can't storytiem. I missed that session, so all I have is hearsay. I assure you, however, anything you are thinking is better than what happened.

It involved a giant boar with impenetrable hide, tranquilizers, and said boar's squishy rectum.
>>
>>44741914
It depends at what speed you enter the planet's gravity, anon.
You re-enter with a parachute if you start out at a reasonable speed. You can look it up on youtube if you don't believe me. Some guy did it for a red bull marketing stunt a few years back.

Re-entry only becomes 'hot' if you're moving at speeds measured in dozens of kilometers per second. And that's because you're braking on the atmosphere. If you're in a setting with say, antigravity, repulsorlift, or anything of the sort, there's no reason to put that kind of wear and tear on your ship.
>>
>>44742067
He didn't re-enter from space, did he? He slowly went up, then slowly went down.
>>
>>44742196
There is no indication of that, but if the anon is around perhaps he could clarify.
>>
>>44742391
Why would a spaceship need to slowly enter the atmosphere of a planet like that? Being that slow would just be incredibly inefficient, it would just be better to protect the ship's hull from the heat and enter at your leisure. A guy being outside of the protection of that would obviously be burned to fuck. it's not something you need to really clarify when taken along with the context of the original statement.

Also, is it just me, or do you feel stupid for even arguing about this. I have no idea why I'm spending even a little bit of thought arguing over something so inane.
>>
>>44742454
Nothing needs to be slow about it. Most speeds you can realistically name, up to a couple mach, are perfectly functional and not particularly hot.

I would guess, because you're the original guy and butthurt, and/or particularly hooked on "reentry is hot" imagery and association.
>>
>>44728836
Adaptus Evangelion? Setting?
>>
>>44742481
It is common sense to assume the spacecraft is just your standard heat shielding bullshit, and again, being outside it doesn't give you much benefit. His velocity would just exponentially increase (since he has no parachute and is basically free-falling). Also keep in mind that modern day spacecraft entering the atmosphere reaches speeds as fast as tens of thousands of miles per hour. Let's just assume a whole bunch of technobabble slows the speed down to a point, you'd still need to fast enough since it'd be most efficient to have the quickest landing as possible while remaining control. He'd still be dead as fuck.
>>
Was playing a game where I took over eberron. After being successful, I captured my main nemesis, had her locked up in a basement and tortured endlessly for fifteen years in an attempt to make her hate me more, and perhaps make her god (she was the loli pope of the silver flame) give her a hand and turn her into a worthy adversary. Turns out it just kind of made her into a vegetable, so I got my right hand droog to give her the ol' in and out, and spent a couple million gold to set up a huge magical conspiracy for the kid that she produced to uncover and attempt to kill me with.

>inb4 magical realm
My character never laid a finger on her, and wasn't even there for any of the torturing. I was off slaying dragons and whatnot. The only interaction I had with her was to gloat at her when we caught her.
>>
>>44728799
Damn that sucks.

And the bad ending was?
>>
A pair of sapient robot NPCs were captured by a pair of warlord siblings and forcibly remodeled and reset over and over. To clarify what that means, imagine having your heart shut down and restarted with electric shocks repeatedly while someone mutilates your flesh and crafts it into something more pleasing to their sensibilities, carefully flensing each layer to keep you awake while they work.
>>
>>44728695
Dying a virgin
No seriously one guy played a Bard who could never score because he suffered a succubus's curse that rendered him unable to get laid. Got fucked in the ass by the stinger of a gigantic scorpion
>>
>>44743008
That's a lie, anon. He clearly lost his anal virginity before he died. Always look on the bright side of life!
>>
In one session, a semi-important dragonborn general was kidnapped by hobgoblins who planned on using him as leverage when it came time to battle the players. However, they did not take into account the possibility that the players would decide to bring reinforcements, so the hobgoblins ended up facing a small but powerful group of soldiers.

The hobgoblins were getting slaughtered, so they decided to escape. However, since it would be a pain to take the dragonborn general with them, they decided to dispose of him. Once the players managed to defeat all of the hobgoblins that got in their way, all they found was a bag of holding. One of them opened it up, and out poured blood and chunks of dragonborn. I have no idea how the dragonborn general was put into that state, but considering that the hobgoblins had some wild animals with them, I doubt it was pretty.
>>
File: sad_vampire.jpg (187 KB, 848x1198) Image search: [Google]
sad_vampire.jpg
187 KB, 848x1198
>>44728695
A elven Acrobat turned duelist turned Marshal of a city under siege by a insane lich. After helping kill two of the liches underlings, she was crippled. However, after a strange encounter with a mysterious thief, she began to not only recover, but get stronger as well. Eventually, she led the human army to slay the lich, only to find out she had been turned into a vampire, therefore a undead, and under the liches power. Unable to say no to his demands, she watched as all of her soldiers and friends died abd were resurrected.

She was than locked away for a month, than forced to march back to the city, leading her disguised army of the dead with the "Remains" of the lich. Of course, it was a trap, and as the Lich killed the king of the nation, my PC fought against the royal champion(For whome she had feelings for) after going insane from bloodlust and slaughtering half the city on her own. The only reason the Champion escaped was because the royal cook, and long time friend and father figure tried to get her to stop. By the time it was over, everyone and everything she had sworne to protect was dead or dying.

And, than in a cruel punishment, or perhaps pitty, the Lich left her to rule the kingdom in his stead, as he went out to conquer the world. All she had left was the ruins of the kingdom, a few hundred resurrected servants and the undead army, including the Royal cook. Now she bums around the capital, breeding humans to feed her own thrist for blood and the peoples needs for flesh, falling between insanely gleefull and overtly depressed. Also, during the month of being tortured, its basically implied she was tortured and forcibly made to commune with the goddess of death who raped her. There may have also been some bone zone time with the lich, because the lich REALLY wanted to fuck the death goddess, and he was fucking crazy.

All in all, bad end.
>>
>>44735848
>What is roleplaying
Ya'll niggas need to separate reality and fantasy a little harder
>>
Had a force sensitive in a Star Wars campaign lose almost every physical tie to her past while continuously being forced into morally compromising decisions on the run from the Empire.

In the end, not even killing another crew member threatening to turn her in could keep Inquisitors from finding and cornering her, and she surrendered with nothing left to sacrifice.
>>
>>44738541
Honestly how hard would it be to res some vampires, Dracula does it every fucking game.
>>
>>44734359
As in, you wrote it or a pre-game session?
>>
>>44739773
Good riddance.
>>
>>44739773
This is why you never trust a bard, all they want is sex and money while using their words like the coldest succubi do
>>
>>44743628
That was pretty brutal anon. Even for PCs. Especially for a group that normally played good characters.
>>
>>44743736
Yeah but Dracula is more like a god in the Castlevania series than just an ordinary vampire.
>>
Suicide by bolter pistol after eaten a Tyranid egg a few sessions prior, mutating heavily and losing his sense of self and species. Probably my very best PC death.
>>
>>44743878
m8 that's how it is when some daemon got your soul and you need it back badly
>>
>>44743913
I may have nightmares picturing some old woman, minus tongue and blind, being choked and sliced.
I dunno, a sword wouldn't have been bad, or a spell...that was just wicked.
Also, I imdb'd brimstone. Sounds cool, never seen it tho.
>>
>>44743971
>If you dream of old women then you got some fucked up mind
>>
>>44743903
Explain how you came to eat the egg.

>>44743878
>tfw your players suddenly get really into describing a torture scene
>tfw more bodily functions than you care for are involved
>tfw they have never done anything like that before or have since

I've been in that position.
>>
>>44739773
>Nobody saved the good end
>Or the worse end
To this day, I am really disappointing in myself.
>>
>>44728695
A giant spider sat on me.
>>
>>44740158

But wait. Illithids are sexless.

So...

...are you saying what I think you are?
>>
>>44744026
Duh.
Although 4chan should have made me immune to anything by now.
>>
>>44728695
GM thought I was too OP so he killed him off the one session I couldn't show up.
>>
>>44744202
Depends on the book/interpretation by author.
>>
>>44728695
Once shoved the BBEG into a portal that leads to the Plane of Incredibly Pointy Things. The GM described it as a long hallway devoid of sight (as in, visual perception does not exist.) , spikes (of varying lengths and sizes) poke out and line the walls, the floor is apparently made of some Lego-like material that's been sharpened. It's also an incline. Worst part, is that it's a dead magic zone.
>>
>>44744202
Really?
I had no idea
>>
>>44741308

That's fucking amazing in the stupidest way. I absolutely love it.
>>
>>44744202
As I understand it, they don't reproduce normally and when becoming an Illithid they become sterile, but they'll still have the reproductive parts. They just won't function for reproduction, since they use the little brain tadpoles. Whether the brain tadpole ends up in a male or female host, just means they'll have a sterile dick or vagina.

Either way in this case, she was a she and normally wouldn't stoop to or consider it, but didn't mind sex with my dude partly because of how repulsive and miserable it was for him and tormenting him was a thing of enjoyment for her. Though of course female Illithid is nothing like she human in terms of personality, gender identity and values, and behavior or thought process.
>>
>>44728695
jokes about all the PC's consigned to the limbo of unfinished games aside

The best character I've ever played died spitting up his own burning blood after screaming out what amounted to his last will and testament to the one person left alive who he vaguely trusted, because he'd been fatally poisoned by the results of his own alchemical work coming back to bite him years down the line.
He'd just wanted the deaths to stop, he'd seen everyone he loved and cared about die some four times over, and he was just so tired of it.
It'd happened again concurrent with him getting poisoned, and in the end he just couldn't even find the will to try and cure himself. He died under the weight of all his suffering.
Worst part was that he couldn't even be with the people he cared about most in the afterlives, in part because at least one was busy being eternally gutted for being a horrible false worshipper (something my character only found out at the end of his life), but mostly because he'd delved into enough deviant alchemy/thaumatugy in ways that were threatening to the gods so his soul was banished into the void to forever wander.

He just wanted to save lives.
>>
>>44728695
Behold the Cruel of Carl the Kobold.
It was many moons ago, during my first ever game of DnD. The party consisted of a paladin (me), a rogue, a jester ( a rogue like custom class that specialized in making goofy traps and gizmos) and a scorcer. We were level 1s clearing out a building taken over by kobolds. We had cleared the first floor rather easily and climbed the stairwell to the second floor to be met with a closed door. I had a stoke of genius (or stupitdy) and placed a bear trap in front of door, and knocked. The pparty ran down stairs and waited for a response. We heard the door open and a kobolds voice speak out "uh...hello?" Followed by the sound of the bear trap snapping and draconic curses as the Kobold fell down the stairs, dead. A voice followed from the door way " CARL, ARE YOU OK? CAAARL!" This continued as the jester quickly sprawled a note Reading "I Carl the kobold, have decided to take my life in the way I have always envisioned, by stepping on a bear trap and falling down the stairs. Take this jack in the box as my last gift to" The party hid around the corner, just outside the entrance to the building as the boss and some guards came down to check up on the commotion. Upon reading the note the the boss spoke tearfully "Goodbye Carl, we're gonna miss you buddy". Then the boss cranked the jack and the box and suddenly BOOM! Quest over
>>
>>44744448
*Cruel fate of Carl the kobold.
Damn typos
>>
>>44741518
Thos is the future that you chose. You only have yourself to blame.
>>
File: 1446347075465.gif (2 MB, 245x246) Image search: [Google]
1446347075465.gif
2 MB, 245x246
>>44740433
Jesus, that's fucked up.
>>
>>44743516
Sheesh. These stories make me happy for the GM that I have.
>>
>>44744337
>Implying he wasn't into gross ass mind squid sex
>>
>>44744662
Forget Mindflayer, we're talking Dickflayer here!
>>
>>44744448
That's funny. I like you
>>
My character wound up in one of Mandala's Naraks after death.

Pretty brutal if you ask me.
>>
>>44744684
Thanks, I apreciate it.
>>
>>44740270
You wanted that to happen, didn't you?
>>
>>44728695
Fell in the stairs of some shitty tavern. Neck broke, dead.
>>
>Elf ranger PC, runaway son of the Elven High King
>Spent 15 years living as a hedge knight, every friend he makes dies violently
>Spent 10 years in hellish elf commando training, basically Maze Runner for Medieval Navy SEALs
>detached to a coastal village, courts the druid's daughter while on leave
>love interest is kidnapped and enslaved by human explorers who slaughter most of the village while PC is on patrol
>Boards their ship as a part of a desperate mission with a few of his elven commando comrades
>whole party dies besides him and he endures years of torture and slavery
>eventually escapes and leads surviving elf slaves to the safety of an elven colony across the sea from the human settlers' home city, including the druid's daughter
>Marries the girl, and begins to help out the elf colony against increasing human aggression
>Suffers major PTSD and takes his stress out on his wife
>She commits suicide
>he deserts and flees to the far north
>Elves lose a war with the humans and most are enslaved
>PC spends ~20 years adventuring in the wilderness as an emotionally crippled mercenary, only friend is a freed slave mage from the human city
>Friend is horribly maimed, blinded, and captured when they're betrayed by some elven bureaucrats
>PC flees to some remote northern town for years
>Develops some renown after helping repel an organized bandit incursion
>decides to bury some of his past, travels south to visit the elf colony
>colony is wiped out, elves living in a slave shantytown in the human city
>reunites with maimed, blind, aging mage friend
>engages in some minor and only partially successful attempts to locate and free the elf slaves
>Mage friend is captured, drawn, and quartered as revenge against PC
>PC returns to the little town in the north
>finds out that some plutocrats from some eastern empire had been biding their time preparing to invade and enslave the townsfolk
>But goddamn would a near-epic level gestalt elf fighter/ranger have come in handy
>>
I wish I could like games that end in tragedy like the ones you guys play..
>>
Sold their soul to a phoenix. Became a bird puppet who led a war on dragons. Ended up gaining infinite power trapped outside reality, nearly succeeded in busting the universe open but died on the cusp of realization. The artifact battering ram he left behind went on to become a fledgling god.
>>
>>44744611
If nothing else, I can say I appreciated the lengths that my friends went to in roleplaying. But damn if that didn't fucking take me by surprise.
>>
File: giovanni-ribisi.jpg (31 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
giovanni-ribisi.jpg
31 KB, 853x480
>fighter takes full responsibility after we fuck up and get caught by an Alderman
>she gets hanged
>she survives
>they hang her, again
>she survives, again
>third times the charm
>still alive
>they let her off because apparently surviving a hanging three times is a sign that your innocent
>loses her voice

>dies at the end of the campaign because she couldn't call out and ended up taking a siege crossbow bolt to the chest to save a princess during an assassination attempt

>couldn't say any last words
>just pushed her necklace of Kord into my hand
>died in my characters arms in the middle of some fucking gala ball surrounded by nobles and canapes
>never got an honourable death in battle
>>
>Party of elite mercs, playing them for long time
>Very good GM, bro and amazing storyteller with clever use of mechanics.
>Setting - Custom, combination of element from Myth and Thief + Lankhmar books into pretty good custom setting.
> Working for powerful wizard for long time, suprise, he is pretty good boss and we like him.
>Send us to last mission before we retire.
>Turns out he sold us to enemies that we get when we worked for him, to get them of his own back
>We learn that from his apprentice, he gives us solid proof and thanks to that we manage to ready ourselves to battle.
>Fight with enemies in middle of 'mission', almost succeed while our boss come and join fight.
>He attack us too, probably knows about that we learned he sold us.
>He rekt party, but only rogue turns into undead.
>He captures rest of us and he says he is sorry, but it is nothing but a buisness.
>Fighter rolls to broke from stun, succeed.
>Cut right into wizard eye, but dies turning to ashes.
>Wizard went into full tantrum mode and punishes us in various ways:
- Elven rouge, now undead is put between planes of live force and negative energy, making her feel incredible pain forever as she is hurt from live force, but negative energy heal her right after any wound appears.
- Dwarf fighter soul get ressurected, put into golem, wizard send him with small squad of powerful minions to kill his own clan and then turns them into undead wraiths, lockdown clan fortress with golem inside and orders him to listen how his own clan blame him for that forver.
- Halfling bard lost her voice (only thing she valued), cursed with powerful spell that make every instrument that she touch turn into ash. She breaks and suicides soon after that.
- My char, spellsword human is send to illusion world where nobody remembers him, everytime he tries to talk to anybody they ignore him and just go away. After few years he finally breaks and lost his sanity.
Post limit, will continue.
>>
>>44745344
Ok, rest of post:
- Human woman, ranger, most cute and innocent from all of us is forced to kill her own animal companions and soon after wizard decided to send her to only person she ever loved, her own mentor. He is forced to kill her and listen to her last words. She tells him that she loves him and dies.

Ending: Five years later ingame, epilogue - Mentor of ranger creates his own party with our new characters, new campaign, long story short, we never managed to save any of our old charts but wizard finally get rekt, we broke his will and stole his power and force him to become beggar.
>>
>>44745371
I would still feel as though the GM shat all over my previous PC, if this happened to me.

No matter how good the GM is, I'd have left because it's clear that me and the GM like different things.
>>
>>44745392
We actually always could try talk to mage and try to act as wise people, but we were a bit stupid, trying to fool both enemies and wizard.

Really, use charisma, people. Talk and convince, fool and win not only with weapons.
>>
One of my PCs fucked up enough to sleight the fae... by killing the rest of his party while they were on a mission from the fae. Their queen cursed him to live a life of mundanity with the knowledge of what his life could have been.

Maybe not the most visceral ending but I liked it.

Then there was another PC in a different campaign that accidentally became a follower of the goddess of pain. With important shit going down in the world she gave him a job. He fucked up and died like an idiot. He enjoyed his afterlife with his goddess for approximately two seconds, and now that character doesn't enjoy pain anymore.
>>
>>44745437
You could also not have gone on that mission and confronted the wizard alone.
>>
>>44745168
Nah, that's honorable enough.
>>
>>44745460
We knew we had no chance, he was rather kind of guy that stays in one place and in his domain he would just rekt us without any problems. And we didn't prediced that he would appear like this. Our plan was just to finish that mission, rekt enemies, act like we wouldn't know anything about what wiz did and get the fuck away from there.
>>
>>44745168
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl09eR4qeno

you know. the Gods know. that is enough.
>>
>>44744074

Found it in a vault of another Rogue Trader, got lucky on our rolls and I asked if I could spend one of them for that to be in it. (Being a kroot and all.) I knew it was going to end badly but it was too cool not to pass up. That vault in itself had some pretty cool shit in it.
>>
>>44728695
>PC is groundbreaking necromancer desperately trying to find a day to true ressurect his love (resurrection only creates a facsimile created from collected unconscious memories, a well kept secret of necromancers.) Willing to do whatever it takes to bring her back for real.
>Gets caught in a magic time dilation, and returns to home realm hundreds of years later.
>A sapient fey weapon is using the soul of his dead wife to tether itself to the world and is the BBEG
>Get corrupted by the sapient fey weapon
>Forced to destroy wife, become more corrupted by fey
>Eventually become so fey corrupted that the Horned god uses him as a vessel/portal, bursting forth from his body to challenge the party when they try to summon him.
>When traveling the deep fey wilds, they eventually find him living happily in the spring court with his wife (albeit with both of their faces ripped off as payment.)
>Spring Liege gives the party a mask: it's the old PC's wife, who's soul is still tethered to the fey weapon.
>Fey weapon activates when they bring it across the border to the summer court (the weapon's original target.) thus obliviating his wife.
>Faceless spirit of former PC dread necromancer goes crazy and challenges the party to demand satisfaction
>Accidentally immortal dwarf's immortality activates upon his first death (at the hands of the necromancer,) and begins "normalizing" the fey/spirit world around him
>The former PC who has now become an undead vengeance spirit becomes "normalized" into... well... nothing because he's dead.
>Literally all that's left of him is the face which the spring liege stole.
>>
>>44745471
You still could've not gone to the mission to save yourselves. Something could've been done to save yourselves right?

If not, then I think your GM is absolute shit.
>>
>>44745500
Well that's one hell of a clusterfuck. Your DM really knows how to play fey pretty well!
>>
File: 1447517046251.png (72 KB, 684x1100) Image search: [Google]
1447517046251.png
72 KB, 684x1100
>>44734488
too edgy 4 me
>>
>>44733730
>Every day, Kalgar checks the state of the mountain and adds another boulder or twelve
>even through the rubble, he can feel the gaze of Justice
>watching and waiting
>>
I have one. I had a wizard, 18th level, who was an Archmage and had seven levels in diabolist. He used the spell mind-rape from the Book of Vile Darkness to mind-rape a General of Hell while he was in a prison cell in Carceri. Ended up getting an entire legion pulled off of the Blood War and put on service to our party. It didn't last.
>>
File: Spring.jpg (732 KB, 2880x1220) Image search: [Google]
Spring.jpg
732 KB, 2880x1220
>>44745523
>Well that's one hell of a clusterfuck. Your DM really knows how to play fey pretty well!
I was the DM, and thank you.

Pic related was the image I used for the spring-liege who set this all into motion, and was one of the only two fey-lieges to survive all the way to the end of the game without the PC's killing him/her/it.
>>
>>44745573
Hell I'd still hit it. And find my penis several weeks later attached to a mongoose or something.
Fucking fey.
>>
>>44728695
Killed by a gnome Suicide bomber trying to prevent the end of the world.

Made all the worse by the fact that it TPK'd the party. And the bastard conned us into murdering a fair sized chunk of our home town. And that it still failed to kill the guy we were going after.
>>
>>44745513
We could try to run way. We could try to talk to mage and convince him to fuck our enemies together. We could try to convince enemies to fuck mage. We could do many things, but we fucked up our choice.
>>
One of my players made a knight who is forcefully made to reincarnate by an evil sorceress he failed to off until he rescues the princess kidnapped as a sacrifice.

The sorceress doesn't actually need a sacrifice but immortality made her bored enough to collect their remains as dolls and she gets off on chivalric tales of tragic romance.

They have been reincarnated as siblings three times now.
>>
My character unknowingly ended up in a relationship with her son. That was like a mindbreak moment, when she realized.
>>
>>44745634
Hot
>>
File: 1450073798985.png (20 KB, 235x235) Image search: [Google]
1450073798985.png
20 KB, 235x235
>>44730263
>>
>>44736082
>wanted to question
... I get the feeling that you're actually the sick fuck in this situation

>"Tell me what I need to know you bitch!"
>'wordless gargle becuz no tongue'
>"Listen here you cunt. I don't have time for games. From here on I'm taking a finger for ever time you don't answer me."
>>
>>44745544
>When the injustice is great enough, justice will lend me the strength needed to correct it. None may stand against it. It will shatter every barrier, sunder any shield, tear through any enchantment, and lend its servant the power to pass sentence.
>Know this: There is nothing on all the Planes that can stay the hand of justice when it is brought against them. It may unmake armies. It may sunder the thrones of gods.
>Know that for all who betray justice, I am their fate. And fate carries an executioner's axe.
>>
>>44742481
I'm a new participant to this. The thing you mentioned earlier about red bull was a free fall from a ways up. Terminal velocity for a free falling human body seems awful slow for a 'standard reentry' on a spacecraft.

I'm also fairly certain the guy who did that was an athlete, and even he passed out briefly from the forces involved. I'd be willing to wager that the forces alone acting on a very unprepared and untrained individual would cause irreparable (perhaps internal or at the very least psychological?) damage.

You brought up the heat may may (lol gibbe numbers or ur storyz totes gaytarded and fake and ur feg), other anon simply said it didn't go well for him. Anyway, I hope you have fun being that guy all the time.
>>
>>44745168
That's pretty much a honorable life and death though.
>>
>>44729074
This is awesome!!
>>
>>44728695
Not cute
>>
>>44739691

Right, back. All right - The campaign was about the players working to undermine a kingdom that had rediscovered the fascist state. Our five-man party eventually discovered that a devil-cult was secretly backing the state, wanting to establish an Asmodean (That is, Lawful Evil) theocracy.

Their doomsday plan was that once the kingdom became indistinguishable from Hell, Hell could literally spew forth and replace the entire kingdom. You know, like Pathfinder's Worldwound.

Who were the cult leaders? They were an evil five-man party, who were clearly meant to be dark mirrors of us. We made one really, really big mistake, however.

There were SIX conspirators. Not five.

Now, a state of total war hadn't erupted just yet, so our kingdom and the other kingdom was at the part where you're squaring off for a brawl. We took the chance to infiltrate the Asmodean-leaning kingdom, and ended up thwarting the other group's plans.

Ultimately, we discovered the place where they were going to hold the big ritual to crown an Asmodean-worshipper as king, which would symbolically hand the kingdom over to Hell. We stole an airship, crashed the airship into the building, and began the biggest fight ever.

(More)
>>
File: Sweating.gif (56 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
Sweating.gif
56 KB, 256x192
>>44746632
>that spoiler
>>
>>44746632

I'll be frank: I can't really blame the DM for dickery. This was a straight fight, a brutal slugfest. It really could have gone either way, but the problem was that the leader of the evil party immediately used Word of Recall to flee once we'd landed a hit on him. We thought that he'd run off to leave the others in the lurch, but it turned out that he had simply escaped to gather reinforcements.

So IN ADDITIONAL to the evil party, the royal guard and assorted demons, we had to fight lancers mounted on black pegasi and other assorted flying attackers. We did, however, manage to kill off the other members of the evil part ('The Asmodean Knot'.)

Ultimately, their numbers told, and after the big fight was over, none of us were left standing. The Asmodean cleric actually held back so we could kill off 'his' conspirators, too. Then with everyone who could stop him dead (The ritual was in pieces, but he didn't care) he simply declared himself Regent and went on wage war against our side. His companions were left to rot in shallow graves, while we were reanimated as his zombified henchmen, to add insult to injury.

Also, he got his hands on the sexy noblewoman/double-agent the Sorcerer was romancing on the side. The villain always had a thing for her, and there was really no-one left to stop him. He more or less ruled the kingdom with the backing of his god and an iron fist.
>>
>>44746692
You make it sound as if you could've planned the thing better, somehow.
>>
>>44746692
Did you play the follow up campaign to un-fuck the world?
>>
>>44746703

Honestly, I would've picked them off one-by-one, instead of trying to fight them all at once. The rest of the party wanted a big showdown, so we hijacked an airship and just drove it head-on into the big spire where they were holding the ritual.

I don't know, couldn't we have just done a few terrorist attacks or something to mess things up?
>>
>>44746713
Sounds like the party is not very tactical... You might want to play a little bit of 40k, Only War and/or DH to see if you can make better tactical decisions in how to deal with enemies.

Picking them off one by one would've been your best course of action to be honest. What system were you using?
>>
>>44746732

Pathfinder.

>>44746712

Yeah, we're still playing it. The party is generally more like throat-slitting guerillas than heroic rebels, though. We have a Gray Guard, an embitted Magus, an Inquisitor (who actually tortures people), a Ranger (me) and a Rogue.
>>
>>44746752
It doesn't sound like the GM is really pulling any punches: a wizard would be really useful to have with the party. And a cleric. At least if you want to have an actual chance to win...

Even in the first fight he was holding back (seriously, the cleric waiting for you to mop up his allies is him flat out stating how boned your group is)
>>
Character froze to death since I was a couple minutes late to the session due to computer problems. Said fuck you and left.
>>
>>44746982
You did well
>>
File: cover_lg.jpg (211 KB, 534x700) Image search: [Google]
cover_lg.jpg
211 KB, 534x700
>>44728695
>running a World War II campaign with the players as Germans
>follows them from Poland, to France, then to the Eastern Front
>their company commander is a Dick Winters-type, always looking out for their best interests and always doing everything he can to protect them
>they go through absolute hell in the Eastern Front, forced to endure General Winter, see some truly unspeakable shit in Stalingrad
>after three straight years of constant fighting with almost no time off the front the squad is starting to crack
>finally the commander pulls every string he can, calls in every favor he can, ruins his career essentially to get his men off the front for just a little while
>they get reassigned to France in a quaint village called Sainte-Marie-du-Mont
>they arrive June 4th, 1944
>two days later the company commander gets gutshot by an American paratrooper
>squad panics, the medic tries to save him
>he dies in the medic's arms, crying for his mother
>the squad gets taken prisoner and spends the rest of the war in an American POW camp

Probably not as bad a fate as if they'd been captured by the Russians but still.
>>
File: 1392402294514.jpg (31 KB, 383x409) Image search: [Google]
1392402294514.jpg
31 KB, 383x409
>>44728695
One of them was eaten from the inside by some big worm/cockroach things.
Took about two minutes.
>>
File: Slightly Less Heroic Adventurer.png (114 KB, 1240x1198) Image search: [Google]
Slightly Less Heroic Adventurer.png
114 KB, 1240x1198
>>44744108
Assuming we're talking about the same thing, the good end was trash and doesn't exist.
>>
>>44728695
Poor guy got petrified from within. Died of suffocation right before half of his organs shattered.
>>
>>44742545
NERV Greater Berlin Dome. Norse myth theme. Corrin was kind of the worst Thor ever.
>>
>>44744857
No.
She'd offered to make me a halfdragon or equivalent 'child of hers' when I first caught her attention. Because I was quite happy being human, and you don't take that kind of offer from fey, evil dragons, or demons, I turned her down as politely as possible (while still being terrified of her,) claiming that my ancestor had been knighted for slaying a dragon, and I didn't think I could face him when I died if I went through with it.

She seemed to accept that, rolled epic level diplomacy vs my measly +11 or whatever to convince me to accept some work for her (and get the rest of the party out of her city, who were a bunch of fuckups) and that was it for the rest of the campaign.

Until we got the widget for her, came back, and she offered each one of us a boon. I asked for a small fief of land and an independent title so I could restore my family's waning nobility. (We'd been impoverished and without land for a bit. I'd started as a city guard.)

Then I got informed I was the only one who didn't get my boon....
>>
>>44745975
>I'm also fairly certain the guy who did that was an athlete, and even he passed out briefly from the forces involved. I'd be willing to wager that the forces alone acting on a very unprepared and untrained individual would cause irreparable (perhaps internal or at the very least psychological?) damage.
Maybe? You generally need to go through a bit of training to use a parachute, but that's probably more of a safety thing than a "You need to train your body to resist burning up on reentry."

Mostly it's cold up there.
I think the one the USAF had try the trick back in the '50s or '60s passed out briefly on the way down because his glove had come loose, and his hand started to swell up (and freeze) in the low-pressure up there. But that's 'cause his insulated wet-suit like thing came loose at one hand.

Terminal velocity doesn't tend to cook people to death.
>>
>>44747567
Your GM is shit for having NPCs roll diplomacy to convince PCs.

Did you leave your group?
>>
>>44747678
Just tossing it out there. Trying to throw a bone to story anon that got asked for (what I consider to be) superfluous specifics. It didn't end well could've meant anything. Psychological damage instead of burning up, ya know?

Was actually pointing out that burning up isn't the only 'didn't end well' there was, not trying to say heat was the problem. In fact that's the opposite of what I was saying. I meant training to resist the forces on your body, not the 'burning up' which obviously wouldn't happen at such a slow speed. I had intended for the burning up thing to be tossed aside when I was talking about terminal velocity (obviously you don't cook if people can do it in space suits today) to show that anon theres other stuff at work there that could be considered a not so great fate. I imagine there's a lot more to it than whether it's cold cuz space and high altitude, or it's hot because friction. It may be that fancy space tech slowed things enough so that it was cold, or they could have a 'burning up' style entry, I don't think either one would be pleasant when you're strapped to the front.

Didn't the low orbit guy who jumped recently pass out for a short period then regain consciousness too? I may be mistaken.

Can we agree that at the very least it didn't go well for his expensive space suit? Things got to be well and soiled, probly puked in too ...

tl;dr - 'Prove it' anon asserted that burning up was the bad end for that guy, it was never explicitly stated what made it end up 'not so well'. Could've been anything else.
>>
>>44747791
Not really. It felt kinda lame for that character, but I didn't find out for like right months and the rest of the game was pretty fun.
>>
>>44748662
Oh well, it's your character, your choice... and your group, of course.
>>
>>44748738
Not to big the thread down having it out, but... The skills exist. If NPCs can't use them on players, why should NPCs bother taking them? "Roleplay reasons"?

GMs justification was also so that if problem players or pvpers threw a shitfit, he could just point at the dice and go " them's the breaks, m8".

Both are kinda mediocre answers, but neither enough to roo ruin my enjoyment of the rest of the game.
>>
>>44747791
Depending on the game, that is a core conceit.
It's only a D&D houserule that npcs can not use the skill system against pcs.
>>
>>44748797
>>44748836
It's mostly because the characters have their own agenda and everything. There's huge penalties to have NPCs do something they wouldn't normally do and that's just when you've just met someone! Also, I had a half-elf bard that at level 1 had 10-12 diplomacy modifier or something of the sort so it really is not that much.

'specially when you're a an evil monster who only looks out for himself and the person you're talking to knows this, how do you expect it to do what you tell it to, just because you ask it nicely? That could've been easily -20/25 to the die throw to be honest.

Last but not least there's a mechanic in Exalted, which is a system that also has social combat (basically what we're talking about) and there is a very clear Red rule. It basically says that the people playing a game are the only ones who can determine whether sexual content is or isn't being handled in a respectful manner in a game. In the same vein, it specifies that every player involved in any kind of sexual action in the game must consent, or that action does not happen.
This is very important to avoid magical realms.

tl;dr: I feel that diplomacy shouldn't amount to "I rolled high on diplomacy, so he has to do what I tell him to, right GM?" because it is not a mind controlling skill.
>>
>>44745839
I played the mage. My wife was the rogue. All I could do was look in in shock.
>>
>>44728695
More of a That GM story but still pretty mean.
>Girlfriend was interested in trying out D&D
>We're playing 3.5 at the time
>I've got a half-elf fighter, and she rolls up an eleven ranger
>First encounter
>Get ambushed by orcs
>GM has two orcs attack my gf in the surprise round, she's killed instantly via decapitation
>She never played D&D again
>>
>>44749049
There is a thread for that >>44733870
>>
File: ... (2).png (174 KB, 283x382) Image search: [Google]
... (2).png
174 KB, 283x382
>>44744969
>near-epic level gestalt elf fighter/ranger
>still gets fucked over near constantly
>>
>>44749879
Most of the bad things seemed to be happening to folks near him.
>>
>>44738480
And this is why you never, ever, EVER put PCs you care about in your backstory.
>>
>>44750165
You mean NPCs?
>>
>>44750199
Yeah, I misstyped
>>
>>44728695
There was a guy in an unknown armies game I was in that got rape mauled to death by carnals (giant masses of vaguely sex organ shaped monsters) while magically disguised as Sasha Grey. That one was pretty bad.
>>
>>44750224
Sounds like one huge mess of ERP shit piled into one game.
>>
>>44728695
I ran a horror game using pathfinder at one point and pretty much all of the PCs suffered horrible fates. One of my players got triple nat 20d by an undead acid dragon and instantly turned into pudding. He rerolled a summoner. I had them exploring a cave in the desert in search of an orb of great mystic power. They didn't know that they were actually inside the body of Hastur the Unspeakable until it was far too late. When they got the orb they started being chased by something they never quite saw. One player (our wizard) looked back at it, failed his will save twice and immediately went insane and turned into a horrifying winged monstrosity. The summoner stayed back to fight it (he's a synthesist so he's inside his eidolon) and he collapsed the tunnel on top of him and the wizard. His character eventually went insane and transformed into a monstrosity as well, though his eidolon kept him trapped so he wouldn't hurt anyone. In future campaigns set in that world, the desert is considered haunted because you can still hear him screaming from within the armor buried underground. The last 2 survivors were the gnome sorcerer (started as an elf, picked up a randomly rolled cursed cloak and became a gnome, a fate worse than death) and the druid. They managed to escape, but by the time they had gotten out, they needed to roll fortitude to keep going. Both rolled natural 1s so they fell unconscious and starved to death in the desert just outside the cave, still clutching the orb. So now there is a gnome and cheetah corpse just outside the collapsed entrance to the body of a dead old god. Best part was that I didn't even plan for them to all die on after the other like that, it just kind of happened and made the story more horrific for it.
>>
One of my players minions couldn't climb over a wall in time, and was torn apart by deamons as the PCS ran away.
>>
>>44750297
It isn't, that's just one of the weirder monsters that can show up. We actually didn't know that we were going to be dealing with carnals when we disguised the one player as Sasha Grey. We had a personomancer (a mage with powers related to not being themselves) create a mask to disguise our detective as a hooker so we could stop someone who had been killing them. Sasha Grey was what the personomancer said he made a mask of. What happened there was pretty much the weirdest thing in the whole game, the rest of our stories involve stuff like trying to stop a big corporation from destroying a small town and globe hopping to try and track down a mysterious crime organization based on the Chinese zodiac. The carnals and the pornomancer are really the only kind of magical realmsy things in the game. There's a whole lot more to it, I'd recommend checking it out if you like dark modern settings.
>>
>>44750437
Should've spent some xp to get the sprinter talent.
>>
>>44750616
Fun times, maybe.

Definitely not how I would like my PCs to die, of course. But to each their own.
>>
>>44745168
Self-sacrifice makes for a pretty honourable death.
>>
File: 1400352027241.jpg (40 KB, 360x472) Image search: [Google]
1400352027241.jpg
40 KB, 360x472
>nWoD
>Players wake up one day to discover all humanity has vanished except for them
>Shit happens, they start skipping through time
>50 years in future they get captured by pic related
>In WoD werewolves can't breed with each other, they need humans to reproduce
>Make it clear players need to escape by morning otherwise unpleasantness with ensue
>They don't even bother trying to escape
>All get milked by werewolves
>Eventually the escape
>tl;dr frantically padding a boat trying to escape
>One player is a fucking idiot, jumps overboard to attack the werewolves
>why.jpg
>*tips fedora* "My honour."
>Gets shit beaten out of him by werewolves and arm ripped off
>Other players jump through time to safety
>He gets raped to death by werewolves

I still feel bad about it.
>>
>>44750123

Even so, a near-epic level gestalt elf fighter/ranger isn't able to protect what's important to him. That's saying something.
>>
>>44752475
That difficulty scales to level?
>>
>>44751965
>all get milked by werewolves

Elaborate
>>
>>44754278
Not him but I assume snu snu
Big, strong, muscular amazonian werewolf snu snu, each thrust potentially powerful enough to pound a human into paste under powerful fur covered thighs
>>
>>44754338
LITERALLY my fetish
>>
Severely PTSD'd Interdimensional mercenary entering a terror field and succumbing to hyper-realistic flashbacks of all of the things he's faced again and again for almost two minutes leading him to go incontinent
>>
>>44741518
Your level 7 paladin rolled against an epic dragon. Rolling doesn't matter if you wouldn't have succeeded even on a 20.
>>
>>44741308
I wish my friends were as fucked up as yours.
>>
>>44756299
What? Can they not handle a little bit of the old ultraviolence?
>>
>>44756253
Did you see the image that he posted with that? I think that was supposed to be delivered on deadpan.
>>
>>44747567
This isn't what Diplomacy does. It's a way to improve someone's attitude towards you, not an at-will Dominate Monster.
>>
One thing I wonder while reading all these: why do so many involve characters being romantically involved? Do you people really like roleplaying romance with other neckbeards?
>>
>>44757158
Some groups have women in them. My best friend and his fiancé play in our group and they've had a few characters become romantically involved. The first time felt super shoehorned, but they've since gotten much better at having it feel like a natural story progression or just straight up not having it happen if it doesn't make sense story wise.
>>
Backstory for one of my recurring NPC's who created the main villainof a previous campaign -

A female necromancer has a sister who is a priestess of the goddess of death, who is very anti-undead. The priest leads a group of paladins to her sister's laboratory/compound to put her down, but are defeated by the necromancer's undead legion. The priest is wounded and defeated, the paladins are all slaughtered, and most of the necromancer's experiments were destroyed in the process, and the necromancer is PISSED. She orders the rest of her experiments to gangrape her sister, who becomes pregnant. (handwaved because they're "weird experimental" undead, don't think about it too hard) The priestess abandons her faith, because she has been defiled, on top of being a complete failure and getting a dozen comrades killed. She carries the child but abandons it. The child then grows up to be the main villain. He's undead enough that he doesn't need to eat/drink/sleep/breath but he still grows and ages, and is free willed. He also has no soul and that gives him other minor powers. The party ran into the necromancer a bunch of times but I never had the opportunity to use the priestess. The session where the villain's origin was explained was... awkward.
>>
>>44757158
They're fags.
>>44757543
Bullshit.
>>
>>44757158
Some don't mind it. Story and steadfast will to roleplay the character properly overcome the usual turnoffs.
>>
>>44757911
The pretension just oozes out of this post, it's a game FFS
>>
>>44751965
That sounds like a good ending, unlimited werewolf sex
>>
This happened to another player's character, not my own. The worst fate my own character suffered (not counting backstory because that doesn't count) is just having his tongue cut out and being emasculated. He got better.

>Be a little sneaky ninja dude
>Honorable, dependable, all that
>Maniac escapes hospital where my character works guard duty
>Promises to kill literally fucking anyone who asks and she decides deserves it
>Takes out a fucking anonymous ad to say so
>Hires people to pass out business cards promoting her services
>No fear because said maniac is a cyber'd up military nut with military grade equipment, apparently unlimitted amounts of high explosives and kevlar skin
>Measure her explosives used as somewhere in the 150k range
>This is explained later
>Guard (me) and Ninja (her) find that she's been spotted around an apartment complex owned by the Yakuza frequently
>Ninja has past ties to the Yaks
>Goes to investigate, gets caught
>Yaks very politely ask him not to investigate further
>Yaks very politely remove his eye and tongue for getting involved with them again after promising to never touch them again
>This isn't the biggest problem because he and my character don't speak the same language so we always communicated via what are essentially psychic communication chips in our neck but it still sucks
>We fall back, nurse our wounds, talk about the time my character got his tongue cut out
>Shit ain't so bad man
>Guess so bro
>Get back to work
>Ninja finds a way to get into Maniac's apartment unseen, sneaks around while she's busy tinkering with her guns and grenades and building firebombs
>Finds that her escape was orchestrated by the city corporate police
(CONT)
>>
>>44759500
>She was transfered to the hospital from an out-of-sector prison and given the keys to her own cuffs
>Told to play up the insane act (which isn't hard) but to only go after targets approved by the police
>Ends up that the only people on her list are gun runners, gang leaders, things like that
>Yakuza are being paid to protect and shelter her
>Me and Ninja decide that we're alright with this actually
>Still has decided to go about doing her job by blowing up fucking everything and killing dozens of people in the streets and burning down buildings but in this far future and age of the disposable human the city government doesn't really care
>Yeah less alright with it now that we think about it
>Ninja sneeks out, unseen, reports all this
>Yakuza find out
>Yakuza decide not to be polite
>Yakuza manipulate local nutjob Ripper Doc to give Ninja an offer he can't refuse
>Free knife fingers man
>FREE
>FINGER KNIVES
>Despite knowing her reputation, Ninja shows up, to get some of them sweet sweet knife nails
>Gets put under for surgery
>Wakes up with new under-skin deployable knives
>Cool! Let me off the table now
>No
>Nighty night
>Wakes up with a robotic eye, a robotic arm, and a robotic leg
>His arm and leg are just sitting on a chair
>Ripper is in the middle of sawwing off his hand when he wakes

[CONT]
>>
>>44759664
In the setting, chrome causes great physical and mental strain on people. Typically those with poor constitution cannot handle chrome without contracting PDS, essentially, robotic insanity disease. Ninja had put basically no points into health and constitution. Mild cases cause irritation, loss of self control, and a loose tongue. More sever cases escalate this into murderous rage, total loss of control or will to control yourself, and the full furious will to murder anyone for any slight with your newly gotten chrome, before the strain of it burns your brain out and kills you.
>Ninja wakes in the middle of hand being sawn off
>Readouts in the operation theatre read LETHAL PDS in red flashing lights
>AAAAAAAA
>Ninja cuts straps with only remaining hand, still full of knife fingers
>Runs out into the snowy night, dressed in only a hospital gown
>Running through the frozen streets barefooted with just a hospital gown to cover himself, soaked with his own blood
>Screaming bloody murder over the before-mentioned psychic communication chip, which many in the city have out of convenience
>I'LL KILL YOU AND YOU AND YOU AND HERE'S WHY
>Angry mental shouting wakes my character
>My character is one of the few Ninja trusts, and as such, isn't hostile to him
>You gotta help me man
>What happened bro
>REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>Oh shit hold on
>I run to another sector to meet with a contact I know has a very mild case of PDS
>Keeps it under control with strong medicine, one pill a day keeps the anger away
>Beg him for all of it
>He only has three pills left
>I run back to Ninja, he nearly attacks me on sight, I force the mostly empty bottle into his hands and run
>He downs all three

~CONT~
>>
>>44759704
>Because of poor constitution, ODs immediately
>Barely-coherent pleas for help between foaming and sputtering
>Find him face-down in the snow, frothing at the mouth and having a seizure
>Scoop him up
>Run across the city AGAIN
>Into the hospital
>Emergency chrome removal surgery
>He is now 40k in debt
>The hospital can't detox the chemicals in his condition
>It's blinded him, but he's no longer dying
>They couldn't take the arm or leg because then he'd be crippled, so he still has a severe, if nonlethal, case of PDS
>Walk him home
>He kills himself later that night because he can't handle the pain, and his clone won't remember, having not updated his genetic backup recently
>Falls on his sword
>Wakes up in the clone vats
>All is fine!

In the setting, cloning has essentially replaced life insurance. Made cheap and affordable, most with a decent paycheck can afford the price of a clone, and it's far cheaper to get a genetic backup, rewriting the body and mind with your current one. The cost of this cheapness is its risks. Clones suffer the same problems xerox papers do; the more times they're copied, the greater the chance of errors being made. When something goes wrong with the process, it's Degenerative Clone Disorder, or DCD. Very rare in initial copies, but the more are made, the greater the risk.

>Ninja is fine! No memory of the pain, still has his eye and tongue. I fill him in on what he missed while he was dead.
>The next day
>Oh god what's wrong with my face
>Why can't I see right
>DCD has struck, in some minor and some major ways
>Has blackened one eye, blinding it
>The ear on that side has dropped low, and his whole side looks generally off balance
>Red, rash-y splotches have grown around his eyes and scalp.
>Worse is to come.
(FINAL CONT)
>>
>>44759878
>Fuck fuck fuck
>He rushes to find a cure
>Local company offeres relief for this clone, but the next will suffer far worse
>Costs 10k
>Fuck it, punch it
>Oh by the way, this doesn't work immediately, the DCD will slow down over time
>Ninja, by the time the effects stopped entirely, is a upper twenties/lower thirties year old man stuck in the hobbled body of someone in their mid-sixties
>Cannot clone-update or be stuck in this body forever
>Cannot re-clone or will be struck by even worse DCD

And that was Ninja's very bad week.
>>
>>44729074
Damn, I haven't seen this one in years.
>>
>>44748942
I know but you said you wanted to question her instead of killing her right? how did you plan on interrogating a blind mute?
>>
Okay I have 2 stories, Neither are that bad comparatively, but I like them

>Running a stupidly high powered DnD game that started in 4e but then changed to pathfinder
>PC's are Demigod tier beings, taking on the Goddess of Death, who Usurped the title from the previous one
>Not Even Evil, just kicked out the previous death
>PC's Arrive on her Island fortress in the middle of the sea of lost souls
>She's preparing a funeral for her lover whom was assassinated by the PC's
>Suddenly they Show up and go full on "RIP AND TEAR" mode on the attendees
>She's Fucking pissed, calls up a titan made of the Dead to fight them
>They fight it, and it falls apart piece by piece
>She's above the island throwing down necrotic lightning n shit
>Can't get close without cover
>Two of the players look at each other and grin
>The Dragon-Hercules flies into the Catacombs beneath the Fortess
>This is fucking retarded
>this plays https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EKTw50Uf8M
>Dragon-Hercules is being buffed by both the Cleric and wizard
>The Fortress and half the Island get lifted into the air
>Death Godess is horrified
>Island gets thrown at her while DH yells "METEOR STRAIKUUUU!"
>She and the airborn remnants of the titan are flung all the way to one of the moons
>She's imprisoned within luna, eventually becomes the moon goddess who reigns from within the rotting titan
>Cleric takes her place, doesn't know how to do the job, fucks up the soul economy

(Cont.)
>>
>>44763855

Other one, Same Campaign, a few years earlier
>Wizard is obsessive over halflings
>Hears one of the halfling village elder's offhand comment about a new tax on their goods
>Decides to talk to the Emperor about this
>Emps says "We're at war, we need every citizen to contribute yadda yadda"
>Wizard just retorts "If you don't you'll be in for a very bad supprise"
>Emperor Tells him to get out, (doesn't arrest him because untold property damage last time he tried)
>The tax isn't lifted
>Emperor is getting ready for bed, opens his closet
>Force of the Oceans blasts out of the closet
>The Wizard put a Portal in the bottom of the ocean, and a connected one in The Emperor's Closet
>Que more Untold Property Damage
>He might have died from a prank
>>
Had a psion pull off a pretty daring body swap spell to rescue a hostage from a recurring thug squad on a moving train. He just needed one round and to maintain concentration to use a spell that would wink him out of existence for one round, letting inertia phase walk him out of the problem(some handwaving on my part but I like a good outside the box approach)

He fumbled intiative and they crit on two attacks. Their leader zapped him with an electro-wand until his eyes smoked, which made any other casting actions rather unlikely...
>>
File: FDY4LGNGCI8K88R.LARGE.jpg (101 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
FDY4LGNGCI8K88R.LARGE.jpg
101 KB, 768x1024
Rogue Trader, first session, pic-semi related

>PC Adeptus Mechanis (robot builder) was captured by some space pirates
>PC Rogue Trader is on a mission to rescue him
>PC Navigator is working for the space pirates
>Adeptus manages to escape by stabbing a few guards with a mechanical quill
>Takes escape pod to Rogue Trader ship
>Navigator had to leave session early

**New Session**
>Navigator couldn't make it to the session; said it was cool if we played without him
>Rogue Trader and Adeptus both forgot that the navigator was on the ship
>Pirate ship gets broadsided to oblivion
>Navigator's body lazily bumps into ships windshield
>Rogue Trader is offended by the mess it makes, turns on windshield wipers
>Adeptus manages to get a hold of the body
>Rogue Trader gives Adeptus 5 crowns to rebuild the navigator with
>Adeptus spends 3 on coffee then keeps the rest for himself
>Uses what he found in a broom closet to replace Navigator's limbs
>Navigator now lives on as the "5 crown man"
>>
>>44763148
We didn't know she was mute and blind until we got in there.
As soon as the DM described her, I got grappled.
Before we went in, we had agreed to ask her questions ( hoping to find info about the demon).
Then, she went full out Boston strangler.
>>
I've posted this in a 'good end' thread or two too, long ago, but it might just fit here, as well.
Short version because I should be asleep.

>Arbitrator and Scum in Dark Heresy
>hate each other for a long time at first, wind up slowly drifting towards p/u/rest (professional) love through various traumas, adventures, and having to rely on one another
>Final mission of the campaign, party gets decimated doing or/and dying
>defending control room while hereteks have hacked lifesupport and are pumping all the air out
>tough-as-nails arbitrator's vacsuit is punctured,
>not-so-tough scum is down
>arbitrator takes out her remaining ox bottle and puts it in Scum's suit
>fights until she passes out or is taken down standing over Scum's body
>
>
>life support restored
>Inquisition/Mechanicus arrived, hereteks blown the fuck out
>Mission success, promotions all around
>Arbitrator is somehow still alive, but that long without oxygen causes severe brain damage (and Scum knows whose oxygen bottle she woke up with hooked to her rebreather)
>but her body is intact aside from that, and she was ever a faithful servant...
>Arbitrator gets mind-cleansed
>Handed over as fresh minion to Newly-Promoted Interrogator Scum

Happiest ending that was available. Let me know if it doesn't belong in this thread.
>>
>Whole bunch of rape stories

What is this, the fucking 90s?
>>
>>44765457
Only half are rape related. Thats actually abysmally low for /tg/
>>
>Adeptus Evangelion
>The "good end" is finding out everything we did was a fucking repeating cycle
>Nothing we did mattered
>Neo Spartan cucked because the manufactured never had the time/opportunity to gain more emotions than blank face
>Athlete and Impact Babby cucked because Impact Babby was actually a "god" that had no real control over what she COULD do, now she's stuck in "heaven" and take the place of the god we killed before to restart the cycle and do it all over again so they'll never see each other again

>That was the "good end"

I think blowing up the universe would've been a better ending than this shit.
>>
>>44766988
What a shitty ending.
>>
File: 1256239277211.jpg (233 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1256239277211.jpg
233 KB, 1920x1080
Had a really upset and disturbed character eventually settle down and find new things to live for and love. They settled down and started a new life, and even became governor of a small territory that was important to them.

Then it was destroyed in a nuclear war.
>>
Diet from lung cancer.

Radioactive wastelands are not forgiving, especially when you're lax about your safety precautions.
>>
>>44751965
>>44754278
>>44754338
>>44754791
>>44758484
>You will never wake up to discover you're the last (normal) human left on earth
>The only signs of "civilization" will never be a tribe of big, powerful werewolf girls who no longer see a reason to stay in human form or adorn their bodies with the trappings of humanity, preferring to enjoy proudly showing off their naked, fur covered hybrid forms
>Each one will never be at least a head taller than you and seem to be upwards of 600 lbs of muscle fit in a deliciously curvy body, sporting steel hard muscles strong enough to rip a car in two, tits big enough they could crush your head between them right at your eye level, and thick, powerful hips and thighs that make you feel a very primal need
>You will never feel fear and arousal war within you, before deciding to submit to their "request" to join them for the day
>You will never be treated brusquely but not unpleasantly, though how they've been keeping you under watch and away from the edge of the camp hasn't gone unnoticed, nor has the occasional way they look you, like they're judging the quality of a piece of meat
1/2
>>
>>44770062
>Against your better judgement you will never accept their offer to spend the night and to a tent dead center in their camp yet in the line of sight of all their guards
>Before you drift off to sleep you will never over hear them talking among themselves, about how werewolves can't breed amongst themselves lest they produce abominations. And about how they now have a solution for that
>You will never wake up to find yourself being dragged out of your tent and stripped, your struggles ignored as they effortlessly manhandle you before one of them straddles your hips, pinning your naked form to the ground under her as she begins rocking her hips
>The whole tribe will never have their way with you, force feeding you various herbal elixirs to improve your virility and endurance and numbing the pain from their overeager members, not stopping even as you pass out of exhaustion
>You will never wake to find yourself tied down in the same spot, the tribe's medicine woman looking you over, making sure you can still preform tomorrow, barking out instructions for only the more gentle girls to mate with you tomorrow she then takes the chance to mount you herself, taking care not to aggravate your wounds
>You will never spend the rest of your life under their care, near constantly milked of your seed, occasionally rented out to other tribes, your only relief when you're too injured to preform, siring many whelps before your body finally gives out under the powerful thrusts of a bitch in heat
2/2

Pastebin for it
http://pastebin.com/yucSYwCE
>>
File: The Captain.jpg (73 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
The Captain.jpg
73 KB, 1280x720
>>44770072
>>44770062
>werewomen even considering mating with someone who's so weak that he can't even fight back one of them
No wonder the quality of werewolves is rapidly dropping so, if they only mate with weaklings.
>>
File: 1565498152.jpg (139 KB, 319x480) Image search: [Google]
1565498152.jpg
139 KB, 319x480
>>44751965
You should feel bad about it: there's a chance you creeped out and drove away someone of your group from RPGs forever, if that is the fate of one of the PCs... being raped to death.

For fuck's sake, people need to learn to keep it in their pants.
>>
>>44759500
>>44759664
>>44759704
>>44759878
>>44759903

Well if that ain't some horrid cyberpunk shit.
>>
>>44770062
>>44770072

That will never happen because I'd be too busy committing genocide against all Garou/Uratha.
>>
>>44770228
It's more the only available option, last man on earth and any were would make an abomination

>>44770584
>YFW you fall and become a spermbank for wolfgirls
>>
>>44739773
so sad...
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.