[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"As you clear the treeline and emerge into the fog-swathed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: adrian_smith_skeleton_regiment.jpg (401 KB, 1200x820) Image search: [Google]
adrian_smith_skeleton_regiment.jpg
401 KB, 1200x820
"As you clear the treeline and emerge into the fog-swathed valley floor, the moldering black tooth of the ancient keep looms through the mists, about a half mile off.

Between your party and the crumbling steps to the hold, a full army of skeletal figures stand silently. There is no movement, and the valley lays hushed save for the creaking of bones and the flapping of moth-eaten banners.

The tales say the army of the damned has stood silent for 100 years. But knowing you must walk among them to reach the keep and the necromancer within, your blood runs cold."
>>
>>44728329
So like... the last part of Silent Hill with the nurses... only with skellingtons?
>>
>Spooky
>Scary

Choose 1
>>
>>44728329
Why did you just decide my character's blood runs cold?
>>
Good thing my character's blind, I guess.
>>
>>44728361
Maybe he assumed you were playing a lizardman and the cold-blood was only logical extrapolation?
>>
>>44728361
an ancient curse on the skeleton army causes all who know they must walk among them to reach the keep and the necromancer within's blood to run a bit more tepid than is usual
>>
>>44728361
Who cares? This shit is cool!
>>
>>44728396
Love it. Gonna spring this one on my pcs next. SO SPOOKY!

Imagine, there's no room to walk, you have to push them aside to get through... but they dont just give way, they present a little more force then they should to get past, almost like they're trying to be obstructive, but never actually moving...
>>
>>44728329
I guess the fly or the teleportation spells would ruin this for you, so I decide to walk like a plebeian along my party of plebs into the undead army ranks.
>>
This remembers me of the time the GM surprised our group, which just had set up camp for the night, with a hundred skeletons of the drowned coming up from a lake. Our arbalester, unable to do anything useful with his weapon of choice took the cauldron in which he had started to cook soup for dinner and beat three or four dozen of them to bits.
I wasn't even mad.
>>
File: Cursed_Ground.gif (32 KB, 192x192) Image search: [Google]
Cursed_Ground.gif
32 KB, 192x192
>>44728416
>Magical energies of the ground suck the spell away.
>MFW I can't remember the exact message for Cursed Ground
>>
>>44728329

Am playing a Necromancer

if anything am excited
>>
>>44728484
That logic...
>I'm playing an evoker so I LOVE when I see a fireball hurtling at my face.
Bro only epic necromancers can control that many undead at a time, you gotta BATTLE FOR DOMINANCE and you're probably gonna lose.
>>
>>44728463
HOMM 3.

I loved that game.

Catharine Ironfist. First animated character to give me an erection.
>>
>>44728463
But I was already walking, no spell was cast. Now I know about your trap card.
>>
>>44728392
God damn racist Argonian necomancers.
>>
Too hard to make it psychologically scary. My PCs would just bust through. If the skellies start moving? they fight them until TPK or all skellies dead. If not, so what.

Fuck my group.
>>
>>44728361
Fine, roll 1d20 plus your will save to see just how cold your blood runs.
>>
>>44728821
is the result in Fahrenheit or Celsius?
>>
>>44728837
That depends, is your blood American?
>>
>>44728821
That's more like it!
>>
>>44728852
Most of it is but I recently received a transfusion while over seas due to a skiing accident.
>>
Your writing is atrociois. Please stop
>>
>>44728868
OP here, would love a critique (being totally serious, if you can also be)
>>
>>44728868
>You're writing is atrociois
FTFY

>>44728416
>letting casters pick their own spells
Worst part of baby editions right here
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>44728821
Ol' Timmy Two-times ain't afraid of nuthin of nuthin
>>
>>44728944
>Letting casters pick their own spells.

Except that is exactly what leveling up does. GM is free to veto a spell from existing, but if it exists wizard can get it if he meets the requirements from leveling up.

Now if the wizard is looking to expand his spellbook beyond the provided level up spells then you can control what they have access to.
>>
>>44728852
or British people over the age of like 20...
>>
>>44728512

Their just standing there

The danger seems to be that they will attack if we come closer
>>
File: 1440805402352.png (283 KB, 659x376) Image search: [Google]
1440805402352.png
283 KB, 659x376
>Currently playing a necromancer who has auto command on any undead within 30ft.
Huehuehue
Men! Skeletons! WE MARCH FOR THE GATE.
>>
BONES FOR THE BONER
>>
>>44728360
I choose both and have a werewolf bar mitzvah.
>>
>>44730372
YES! I was waiting for this.
>>
>>44728970
>Except that is exactly what leveling up does.
Not in any good edition of D&D.
>>
Positive energy burst. Enjoy.
>>
I'm a frenzied beserker with supreme cleave... This is going to be fun.
>>
>>44728969
Timmy feels a slight shiver at best and his bravado is believed by his companions.
>>
File: 1cs.png (688 KB, 701x627) Image search: [Google]
1cs.png
688 KB, 701x627
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.