[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm in the process of setting up for my first ever GMing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: latest[3].jpg (35 KB, 380x475) Image search: [Google]
latest[3].jpg
35 KB, 380x475
So I'm in the process of setting up for my first ever GMing experience, using the Alternity system. small session with two players, I'm hoping for buddy cop antics.

To start I'm doing a soft re-write of the premade adventures to fit with SC2 content, cherry picking elements to be removed for being too damn stupid (looking at you phoenix force kerrigan)

what is your advice for a soon to be first time GM?

also open to lore and rule discussion as those provide good inspiration or at least entertainment
>>
That packet right there was both my very first PnP RPG experience, and GM experience, both happening in the same session.

My most memorable RPG session to date. Good luck, anon.
>>
>>44726170
so its a good system to start with? good to hear
>>
I've not done the Starcraft book, but Alternity in general is a good system. I found the quickstart material fun and easy to read, and my group enjoyed the Dark*Matter oneshot we did. The way armor works can be tricky, so remember to read over those rules.
>>
>>44727540
The adventure involves bluffing your way past the zerg checkpoint.

So there is that.
>>
>>44727551
Bluffing or combat, it's interesting the way the lore presents the Alliance and the concept of it being notable that the zerg lack alliance aggression inhibitors
>>
>>44726188
Mechanically acceptable, but badly Crunched, and skills need a house rule or two if you don't want leveling to be an exercise in frustration.
>>
>>44730180
Worth knowing I was going to try and sift other compatible books to get some ideas on how to Stat out Specters and adepts and hybrid
>>
>cherry picking what to throw out
All of starcraft 2, all of it, just play alternaty as is and it's a better sequel
>>
>>44731055
Hey, not all of SC 2 is bad, besides I'm not one to waste potential unlIke blizzard
>>
>>44725401
>what is your advice for a soon to be first time GM?
Make spare NPCs. A lot. Mix and match as needed, don't be too married to keeping an NPC and the collection they appear in together.
>>
>>44732382
Good to know, thanks
>>
>>44725401
>re-write of the premade adventures to fit with SC2 content

when do ou plan to take place? during the second game? before? after?
>>
whats your plot?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.