[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 11
File: Well-SHit.jpg (78 KB, 1000x749) Image search: [Google]
Well-SHit.jpg
78 KB, 1000x749
i jumped onto the computer to see if anyone gives a fuck that it's my birthday a few minutes ago, and i get the news that not only is David Bowie dead i get a call that my bestfriend/non-bloodbrother just died in a car crash to come see me.
>his brother told me he packed all his Traveller gear
>my birthday present was a suprise game
>hold me guys
>>
Nice blogpost breh

Sorry to hear it. Don't loose hope. 4chan is not the place you need to be however- your family likely needs you more right now.
>>
>>44724415
>my bestfriend/non-bloodbrother just died in a car crash to come see me
And your first instinct is to post about it here?
What's your malfuction?
This is Twitter level material. Go go go!
>>
>>44724426
agreed with this fa/tg/uy

Your family will help you more.
>>
Are you trying to ask /tg/ for a Traveller game? Try the Game Finder thread.
>>
Have you ever celebrated characters birthdays in a game?
>>
>>44724426
>>44724489
i would, but i have not spoken to them after they disowned me for not believing in a magical man in the sky.
>>
>>44724534
no, but that sounds like it would end hilariously. kinda like that one quest in skyrim
>>
>>44724415
Guess he shouldn't have been playing Hardcore Mode.
>>
>>44724555

Only had it happen once in a game, character turned 16 and some of the party members tried to get him laid and lose his vcard. It was awkward but kind of funny too.
>>
>>44724415
/tg/ won't help you sadly, only time will.
But keep going, Anon, one day you'll have a good birthday and you'll take a drink to the name of your bestfriend.

Take care until then.
>>
>>44724538
Then let your euphoria comfort you.
>>
>>44724624
but i never liked "trillbys"
>>
>>44724415
Shit son.
>>
>>44724415
>my bestfriend/non-bloodbrother just died in a car crash to come see me.
>his brother told me he packed all his Traveller gear

Chargen can be a bitch in that game!
>>
>>44724704
thank you, i needed that
>>
>>44724704
>OP plays Traveller chargen.
>Char die in a car crash in his umpteenth career.
Yes.
>>
>>44724415
Sorry to hear that. Happy Birthday by the way.
>>
>>44724530
underrated post
>>
File: 1412573107074.gif (950 KB, 490x272) Image search: [Google]
1412573107074.gif
950 KB, 490x272
>>44724415
Sorry man. That really sucks. Don't know you, but my heart goes out.
>>
>>44725240
>The windshield wiper was not invented
>It was discovered
>>
File: CVeGShV[1].jpg (1 MB, 3500x1967) Image search: [Google]
CVeGShV[1].jpg
1 MB, 3500x1967
My heart goes out to you, anon. Tough times are ahead of you; I hope you'll stay strong

And, if it's any consolation, I very nearly died in a car accident last month and it wasn't scary at all, it was very peaceful. I'd like to think your friend wasn't suffering in his final moments. Happy Birthday and best of luck to you in the future, fellow anon.
>>
File: 110919zulf_by_mamsu-d5m11pd.jpg (140 KB, 800x544) Image search: [Google]
110919zulf_by_mamsu-d5m11pd.jpg
140 KB, 800x544
Well shit. Hey OP, I don't wana give you some silver lining bullshit, cause sympathy is awful in comparison to empathy. It's difficult to empathize over the internet, and I can't REALLY know how bad you feel right now, but I can offer you my condolences and that this whole thing sucks.

Take your time, cry it out, do what you think you need to, then enjoy life again. Peace, Game-bro.
>>
File: 1362985970911.jpg (343 KB, 1600x1132) Image search: [Google]
1362985970911.jpg
343 KB, 1600x1132
OP, as a fellow fa/tg/uy and atheist that has lost people and doesn't have family to lean on, I truly empathize with you here. All I can offer you is that once someone has died, it is only hard for us, the ones still alive. We hurt, but they do not anymore. You'll heal with time, and then you'll only remember the good times and not dwell on how it ended.
>>
>>44725726
>Epicurus

Maximum based.

OP, my condolences. You might want to try rallying around his family. You were an important part of his life, and they're also experiencing a major loss. They'll likely understand you better than your own messed up family, and THEY might need YOUR help coping. Grief is omnidirectional.
>>
>>44724534
One player's birthday had the DM running a one-shot for it, where our characters spent the time trying to figure out what to get our patron deity for his birthday.

It was Bane, the God of War.

We ended up invading a major city in the Elemental Chaos in his name. The big guy seemed to appreciate it.
>>
>>44724817
>>44725240
>>44725572
thanks
>>44725390
you too, glad you didn't bite it
>>44725726
that's some deep shit
>>44725867
sound's like something he would have us do

hey guys, let's have a funny/WTF sory thread in honor of the best GM i've had
>Rogue Trader roughly 2-ish years ago
>Beastie is GM. his bro(M) is the Trader, i'm the archmilitant , their little sis (S) is playing a SoB (can't say no to her cuteness)
>we're cruising along in our interstellar pimp-mobile when we are suddenly ripped from the warp and have to make an emergency landing on a oh-so convenient planetoid
>S and i disembark to check for shenanigans
> continued in next post
>>
>>44726135
>after determining that the immediate area is secure, M gets his quail-leather shoes into the muck, this disgusts him
> so he proceeds to be carried bridal-style by a Servitor
>as we continue exploring, we start receiving an unidentifiable distress beacon
>i proceed to argue with our tech-priests over the vox trying to determine what direction this beacon origionates from
> SIR, IT'S COMING FROM THE PLANETOID
> i'veseenenoughhentai.jpeg
>cont.
>>
File: ohnobiwan.jpg (47 KB, 560x544) Image search: [Google]
ohnobiwan.jpg
47 KB, 560x544
>>44726194
>i've begun to tell M&S to get to the choppa
>as we are running back, the ground begins to shake, then gives way
>we come-to having slipped-n-slided an indeterminable distance into the planetoid
>vox is blocked, can't see light from the hole we entered from
>as our eyes adjusted we notice that is almost appears that we are in the hallway of a... ship?
>thatsnomoon.jpeg
>>
File: donttrusttheskirt.png (37 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
donttrusttheskirt.png
37 KB, 600x700
>>44726260
>we ready our weapons and begin our real adventure
>we begin slowly marching down the halls, marking our path as we go
>after hours of searching we come to a console
>initiate servitor.exe
>as the servitor goes through all the data we begin to speculate on what this place is
>DING, the servitor begings to explain that this ship names FILE CORRUPTED has been sent out to harvest a spacehulk 500 years ago.
>catch is, the the day the mission was filed was 2 years later from when we were assumed to be
>great, warp fuckery
> the ship is also docked to said spacehulk
> fortunately we now have a map and are able to find water and somehow food
>unfortunately, we still don't know where the exit is
>after we reach the powersource for the ship, we get lights
>unfortunately thats when the sounds start
>>
>>44726428
>why is it always nids
>we begin running for our lives, looking for any exit
>luckily these nids seem a bit off, they're mutated to the point of apparent retardation
>ismellHERESY.png
>as we look for a way out, blasting these warp-nids when we need them out of our way, we notice this place is much larger then the map says
>soon enough we find out why
>we find the core
>the planetoid is apparently a spacehulk to end all spacehulks, with what looks like a mini-warphole in the center
>we high-tail it out of there before something notices us
>not without some explosive party favours mind you
>for the next RL hour we run-n-gun til we get finally cornered by the warp-nids
> i decide fuck this.
>i activate the timer of the explosives
>10 we shoot them on the right
>9 the left
>8 the up
>7 the downs
>6 and we run out of ammo
>5 they're slowly coming to us
>4 it's praying time folks
>3 they've stopped?
>2 they place starts to shake
>1 what now!
>we are suddenly in the ship, floating above the planetoid
>we look to each other
>"SIR THERE IS A DISTRESS BEACON"
> M: "blow it up, blow it up now"
>>
>>44726588
i know that i suck at telling stories, but its a fond memory for me
>>
File: 1451787321656.gif (446 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
1451787321656.gif
446 KB, 500x275
>>44726594
I enjoyed it, Hey birthday anon, go out for dinner with friends, somewhere casual, and just try to have a good night C;
>>
>>44724415
Sorry to hear that. Take care, mourn your loss and stay strong. Happy birthday, man.
>>
>>44724415
Not going to lie, that's hella shitty, but there are better places to talk about this, with a lower possibility of faggot ass shitposters.
>>
File: 1450193221046.png (179 KB, 465x440) Image search: [Google]
1450193221046.png
179 KB, 465x440
>>44724530
>>
>>44724415
Happy birthday, my heart goes out to you man.
>>
well, turns out it was a fucking prank. thanks for the well wishes though. no, i'm going to show him what the rock is cooking.
>>
>>44731149
IT' S A PRANK BRO
>>
File: whaaat.gif (2 MB, 320x190) Image search: [Google]
whaaat.gif
2 MB, 320x190
>>44731149

That's a prank? "Ha ha, you thought I was dead!" as a joke? Jesus, that is asshole territory.
>>
>>44731149
What a cunt.
>>
>>44724415
On one hand, my condolences.
On the other hand, if 4chan is the place you come to for a comfort, you should probably reconsider some of your life choices.
>>
This isn't /b/, faggot.

Blog somewhere else.
>>
>>44731275
The fact that its so upsetting makes it waaaaaaay funnier
>>
>>44724415
Talk about it to people you know in real life, you won't get anything but scorn here.
>>
>>44731149
So are you gaming or not?
Also, a great counter prank is a swift kick to the genitals.
>>
>>44731149
Well he's a fucking cunt. Still, have a good birthday anon
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.