[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/srg/ - Shadowrun General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37
File: Whyevenbotherhavinganoffice.jpg (41 KB, 750x511) Image search: [Google]
Whyevenbotherhavinganoffice.jpg
41 KB, 750x511
Connecting to EvoNet...
>Verifying Biometrics...
>Identity Verified...
>Opening /srg/...

Books:
http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr

Chummer 5:
https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases/latest

Last Thread: >>44683961

Thread flavour: How do you like your HTR teams? Ded killy, bigger trenchcoats than the players, or twirling moustache villains?
>>
We've been doing a practice session for our upcoming campaign, which will be the first time most of us have played shadowrun. This happened in the second practice session.
>the hacker, a dwarf going by Technoviking (in all three senses of the word), has hobo with a shotgun quality, opts to sleep outside other player's apartment after doing some hacking at their place
>awaken to the sound of a screaming viking yelling at the rest of us to get downstairs to fight the devil
>walk out of apartment door to see a half naked dwarf only wearing Securetech PPP (Protect People's Privates) wielding an axe and facing down a devil rat on the sidewalk
>wat
>watch the dwarf fail to hit the rat for a couple passes, he doesn't even have 10 dice against the rat's 10 R+I
>recap: a mostly naked techno viking is fighting a rat with an axe in broad daylight in renton
>fuggit, put a round in the rat, and at the same time, the rigger fires up a rotodrone to put a burst in too
>the techno revels in his victory, removes any traces of bullet wounds with his axe, severs the head, and punts it back into the alley
>scream of elation
>GM asks for perception test, everybody swivels around and spots the schoolgirl behind the techno just recording everything on her commlink
>me with my gun and trenchcoat, the rat exploding, and the mostly naked techno
>the techno loses his composure, just yells his warcry at her
>she screams and runs away
>nearly gets hit by fourth teammate who lived nearby and was arriving by scoot
>techno doesnt feel like chasing, goes into VR to brick her commlink
>hurray ASIST
>face plants into the dead rat
>crashes the girl's commlink, corrupts the live stream she was broadcasting
>P2.0 now has a trending video of some lunatic viking impersonator mutilating a rat, then falling into it for some reason
Houses are important, you guys.
>>
>>44724312
And from another perspective...
>be me
>skipping school because it is SO lame
>naked dude gets chased out of an alley by a devil rat
>oh shit time for some viral video money
>start filming as he completely fails to hit the rat
>some woman walks out of the apartment building, stares, then shoots the rat
>the viking dude goes mental, hacking at the rat
>kicks the head into the alley, does a victory dance like he just scoreda goal
>Oh fuck video of the year
>viking looks up from the rat
>looks in my direction
>looks at me
>oh drek
>viking screams at me like an animal
>turn around to run, some fucking asshole nearly runs me over on a scoot
>what kind of grown man rides a scoot?
>run away, filming while I run
>get home, find out my link is trashed, video corrupted!
>piece of drek sony
>top P2.0 for the next week
>so what link do I get now
>>
>How do you like your HTR teams? Ded killy, bigger trenchcoats than the players, or twirling moustache villains?

My HTR teams vary based on the corp, but I'm actually pretty hype about the Augmented Special Tactics Division of Knight Errant that I'm working on. Small division of biocompatible Knight Errant officers, loaded up with muscle replacements, reaction enhancers, and dermal armor, then trained by the high-tier prime runner team that KE keeps on payroll (eventual antagonists depending on how things go down) to operate specifically against runner teams. Matrix-heavy, magic-light, and ded killy against major targets.

The division's just starting to form as of my campaign opening, so they won't be a factor for quite a while. A few runs will either weaken or strengthen the base that I've got for them.
>>
>>44724272
>HTR

Dead killy, and with orders not to take prisoners. They barely ever show up, but when they do, my runners know that the time for legging it is overdue.
>>
In other news, I ran a few one-on-one practice sessions today. My players are a lot better at this than I was expecting, and a lot better than I am. Fills me with hope, at least, given that we start in a couple days for real (and I still don't have complete sheets from anyone).

That said, practice raised a question I'd like to ask about.

Can Trid Phantasm be used to replicate the same effect that Hot Potato does (i.e. the gun in someone's hand being hot to the touch)? It seems like it's basically only limited by the player's imagination and what the GM will allow, but it renders a lot of spells useless if it can be used in the same way they can.

Better question, I guess: What limits ARE there on Trid Phantasm?
>>
I'm a new decker and also new to shadowrun.
Can you guys tell me how a decker works and how you hack/use my deck in this game?
>>
>>44724557
If you limit Trid Phantasm to making something appear that isn't there; not to affect an existing item, nor to make one invisible, you still have a very handy spell while not invalidating any other.
>>
>>44724594
Someone else has the flowchart around here, I'm sure; that said, basics for what you're asking are as follows.

>How does a decker work?
You get marks on the target device, whether through Brute Force or Hack on the Fly (both Complex actions). Once you have a given number of marks, your number of possible actions increases. If I remember correctly, 3 marks is the sweet spot where most of the useful abilities are available to you. Hack on the Fly and Brute Force are the only main "hacking" elements, because Marks abstract out your system access. From there, you can use actions against the system as you please off the list.

>how do you use my deck?

Connect to it with a DNI, whether datajack or trodes. It'll let you interface with systems as mentioned, as well as go into VR, either coldsim or hotsim (hotsim has increased initiative bonuses and a bonus to actions IIRC, but you take lethal biofeedback instead of just stun). Your deck has four attributes: Attack, Sleaze, Firewall, and Data Processing. Attack handles up-front damage; Brute Force and Data Spike are Attack actions. Sleaze is slow, steady, and sneaky; Hack on the Fly is Sleaze. Firewall is your defenses. Data Processing does what it says on the name, most of the more mundane actions require it. Your deck's attributes are your limits for matrix actions.

The book goes way more in depth, and I'm rusty with Matrix rules, so I won't go much further with it, but I believe that's all accurate.
>>
File: j.jpg (282 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
j.jpg
282 KB, 1920x1080
>>44724730

[HORIZON WIDEBAND NEWS FLASH]
[HORIZON WIDEBAND NEWS FLASH]
[HORIZON WIDEBAND NEWS FLASH][HORIZON WIDEBAND NEWS FLASH]

>THIS IS AN EMERGENCY BROADCAST BY HORIZON WIDEBANDING TO ALL AVAILABLE NETWORKS AND LAYERS OF THE ASTRAL

>NUCLEAR EXPLOSION AT SAEDER-KRUPP PRIME COMPOUND IN BERLIN

>REPEAT, NUCLEAR EXPLOSION IN BERLIN, MEGATON RANGE

>CASUALTIES AT THREE MILLION MINIMUM

>LOFWYR CONFIRMED DEAD
>LOFWYR CONFIRMED DEAD

>PERPETRATOR UNKNOWN

>NO OTHER INFORMATION AT THIS TIME

>THIS MESSAGE WILL REPEAT
>>
>>44724913
>Lofwyr confirmed dead.

That's what he wants us to believe.
>>
>>44724987

Presumably Saeder-Krupp's mages (or, any mage, really) noticed Lofwyr's astral presence scream out in rage, then just...vanish.
>>
>>44724913
>Implying he couldn't magic his speed to insanity and outfly the blast
>>
>>44724730

so basically this but with dragons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FM1gEZXzunI
>>
Is Shadowrun Hong Kong getting a new Campaign or DLC?
>>
>>44725546
It should.
>>
>>44725090
Also short a great dragon's paranoia level of protection + detection spells, and the inherent unreliability of nuclear weapons in the sixth world.
>>
So the Internal Router in Chrome Flesh..

What the fuck? Could it be any less clear about when and how it's supposed to work?

It's .7 essence and 15k! It's huge, and they never explain just what it works with. Dose a game master have to deiced on the fly what options for what cybernetics work with it?
>>
>>44725076
Well, it's Shadowrun. Anyone can survive a nuke by burning a point of edge.
>>
>>44726262
Everything that needs external data (wireless smartlink) is not affected. Everything that doesn't (wired reflexes+reaction enhancers) is affected.
What's so hard?
>>
>>44726294
Smart-link is an example of something it works with. The first example you went for is one that the book disagrees with.

Jump legs, visual enchantment, audio enchantment, ect. aren't clearly in one group or the other. The game's "everything that gives a pool bonus has to have a wireless bonus" gets damn hard to justify.
>>
File: img98.jpg (171 KB, 605x908) Image search: [Google]
img98.jpg
171 KB, 605x908
>>44726294
There's no real explanation anywhere of what items actually need an external data connection, so it becomes a 'mother may I' situation with your GM about what items the router can affect. Given how expensive it is in terms of essence cost, that can be a huge difference between mandatory for street sams to completely pointless.
>>
>>44726281
SR5, that means you are now into overflow damage and unstabilised at ground zero. If someone gets to you in time you can survive, but that's a big if.
>>
Asked before to no response. Does anyone have a full table of the called shot options?

And for that matter, is there a better combat cheat sheet than the one in the mediafire Summaries folder? It's missing >50% of combat.
>>
>>44726262
>This allows the use of some wireless functionality, such as the quick-loading function of a smartgun or the engagement of a smuggling compartment, but not those that require an outside network or similar function, such as skillwire downloads.

Pretty fucking clear where I'm reading it, omae.
>>
>>44726463
>Wireless Bonus: Provides interaction with a user’s healthcare provider, as well as constant updates in their personal PAN, making checking your vitals into a Free Action.

>Wireless Bonus: Objects are identified and tagged based on their recognition via central database. This results in a +1 dice pool bonus to all Perception tests.

>Wireless Bonus: Access to a public database that allows these sounds to be compared to known sounds and identified, giving +2 dice to Perception tests to identify a particular sound.

>Wireless Bonus: Activating or deactivating is a Free Action, instead of a Simple Action.
>>
>>44724913

that's an idea for a campaign

Dealing with the immediate aftermath of lofwyr getting fucking nuked
>>
>>44726529
Pissed off Lofwyr and his supporters would probably trigger the next eurowar, which would devolve into a full blown corporate war. The corporate court would lose any semblance of power, and the global economy would tank.
>>
>>44726454
Which edition ?
>>
>>44726386
Assume pointless, get useful gear and only turn wireless on when necessary/there's your decker protecting you.
>>
File: tumblr_ns0agvO0q41sr1ij4o2_540.jpg (148 KB, 512x810) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ns0agvO0q41sr1ij4o2_540.jpg
148 KB, 512x810
>>44726899
Which raises the spectre of why bother including it in the first place? Personally speaking I'd have just made internal router into an optional rule. 'As the Matrix of 2075 has achieved bandwidth throughputs that are capable of near-parity with all but the most advanced fibre-optic codecs, most cyberware designers eschew the use of bulky DNI linkages and prefer instead to have devices communicate wirelessly. While this is a perfectly acceptable approach for your average wage slave, shadowrunners are well aware of the risks of leaving your gear open to a digital assault and commonly request the installation of internal routers. These add .1 Essence (or consume 1 Capacity) to a specific piece of cyberware, but allow it to communicate with the rest of your PAN and/or similarly-equipped cyberware, enabling most wireless functionality without leaving the gear itself vulnerable to attack. At GM's discretion, commlinks can also be connected via the router, enabling all wireless bonuses."

Or something, I dunno.
>>
>>44726971
I'd go with Find and Replace Wireless Bonus with Direct Neural Interface Bonus, and drop all mentions of external databases for bonuses.

That also gets rid of the 'why wouldn't you just use 10 year old gear' question.

Make a Neural Interface a .2 essence, 500 nuyen implant that lets you control most shit connected to it as a free action.
>>
>>44727013
Yeah but how you gonna have the decker waste five turns trying to brick a guy's eyes then?
>>
File: Upotte_SakoAnime_9276.png (76 KB, 250x251) Image search: [Google]
Upotte_SakoAnime_9276.png
76 KB, 250x251
>>44727064

Speaking of Deckers..

How did they patch the way hostile deckers are gigantic loot pinatias in the 5th core?
>>
>>44727122
>How did they patch the way hostile deckers are gigantic loot pinatias in the 5th core?
It's a good question altogether, because my face/medic did about 40k just chopping bodyparts last mission.
>>
>>44727122
By having the decker physically far away from the murderhobos.
>>
>>44727156
Even if you only get 20% on the sale you are always better off aborting a mission to go spider hunting if you get a hostile decker on a mission. The lowest level garbage deck is still a bigger payday then any job.

Doing some chop work for second-hand implants can really pad a bank account too.
>>
File: yana-dmitruk-dreik-iii.jpg (275 KB, 700x951) Image search: [Google]
yana-dmitruk-dreik-iii.jpg
275 KB, 700x951
>>44727122
Didn't. I personally got around it by either running EoTM or having spiders use workstation-analogues that're too big to be portable and gave script-kiddies commlinks with attack modules.
>>
>>44727172
>Bunch of new rules that are supposed to encourage deckers to show up to work rather then being a voice with an internet connection.

>Every opposing force decker is now on zurch orbital.

Also, murderhobos? It's shadowrun. Killing people for money is sort of what a shadowrun is.
>>
>>44727176
Maybe I should just roll with the large sum they get and give them something additional to spend on.

My players insist to get their hands on local gangs, setting up future meth labs and shit.
>>
>>44727183
I don't know how kosher the workstation thing is. Maybe plugged into a deck by fiber optic cable while the deck's locked in a vault.. but a deck is a defined object. Saying these ones are much too large to move seems wrong, nothing but a node should be immobile size/weight.

Also, if I was playing I'd be rolling Hardware to try and pull out whatever bit is worth six figures.
>>
>>44727189
The rules only encourage shadowrunners to link directly to their target.

Spiders and assimilated have the advantage of working with the host, not against it.

Life's unfair, omae, deal with it or get a legal job!
>>
>>44727192
Wait I got my solution here, to avoid the doc to make 100000s in chopped ware I can propose him to make a gang of cybered-up hobos with it.
>>
>>44727064
Eyes could still be wireless. You want to get the smartlink feed from your gun and information from other sources. Going full autistic mode* ghost in the shell style should be an option that hurts but doesn't cripple you, especially with implants and items where it makes no sense at all.

*A shorthand for shutting down all external commutation. Impossible to hack remotely, but cut off.
>>
>>44726374
WIRELESS smartlink.
>>
>>44727224
They still get fucked by noise. A strict reading means working from a mile away on a rainy day downtown shuts down decks that couldn't buy retirement.
>>
>>44727256
Satellite link.
>>
File: Sammie.jpg (73 KB, 467x800) Image search: [Google]
Sammie.jpg
73 KB, 467x800
>>44727255
>Not haveing a data jack and some wire.

Old ways still work. Careful around anybody old enough to have one of those weird triangle patches on the palm though.
>>
File: tumblr_nympclipZA1sf611to1_1280.jpg (294 KB, 1280x1581) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nympclipZA1sf611to1_1280.jpg
294 KB, 1280x1581
>>44727213
To which I would gladly allow you to take the time to pull out the various bits and pieces, allowing the security forces to regroup or notice that something's not gone right.

Otherwise you could go the route of declaring that due to a cyberdeck's high level of integration with your brain and persona, switching owners pretty much bricks it, making it worth little more the silicon that it's made up out of. Kinda dickish, but eh.
>>
>>44727296
>makeing cyberdecks Binds on Use

That's more then a little dickish, given it means deckers are even more fucked if they ever try to upgrade.

Ah, I'm kidding. No decker ever tries to upgrade.
>>
>>44727256
Not with hosts, though.
>>
>>44727296
I'd say the way it should be interesting to do it is to bring out a [insert corporation here] recovery team to try to get a hand on that 6-digits gear again before it gets sold on the black market. It becomes a scene in itself and the reward is self-contained.
>>
File: Image58.png (154 KB, 346x609) Image search: [Google]
Image58.png
154 KB, 346x609
How would you build a good Mystic Adept? I'm still a bit new to the system - I've only ever played a Decker, and I sort of want to try out how playing a more combat-focused character feels in Shadowrun.
>>
>>44727359
First of all, you should pick your poison. (and by that I mean melee/ranged/both and what weapons you'd like.)
>>
File: 1420389682587.jpg (96 KB, 930x1207) Image search: [Google]
1420389682587.jpg
96 KB, 930x1207
>>44727352
>New shadowrun offer.
>Covert recovery of stolen cyberdeck serial #33231FG

"So.. do we take the reward for returning the thing we stole or keep it and know somebody else is going to take the job on us?"

>Every fence you know has heard the job offer and knows the deck is hot as fuck.

>End up throwing it in Lake Washington like the end of Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.
>>
>>44727381
That's a tough poison to pick. The rest of my group seems pretty filled in as far as melee goes, but I'm stuck trying to pick between dual pistols/dual blades.
>>
>>44727391
...Actually, scratch that. A quick confirmation reveals we might only have one guy doing melee so far.
>>
>>44727391
Grab pistols (or a sniper to ensure the kills) then. One grenade or ball/wave magic and you are all down for the count/ spitting blood.
>>
>>44727390
I am so stealing this.
>>
>>44727406
What would you recommend for wanting to focus on blades instead?
>>
File: 5mJXO5Z.jpg (152 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
5mJXO5Z.jpg
152 KB, 1536x2048
>>44727403
Melee is hard mode, but as a mystic adept you have a lot of options of how to use a turn if you aren't going to be slashing with a sword.

Stealth magic is damn useful and allows you to keep from being attacked until you are ready to strike, or avoid conflict alltogether.

Stealth adept powers take a lot of investment to pay off. Skills + Armor + Occasional spells are the way to go. Most of the time you are better off using magic to try and avoid a fight then to win one.

When all else fails, drop like 10 smoke grenades and run.
>>
>>44727418
Whatever else you do, take the Improved Invisibility spell.
>>
>>44727429
>Lonestar troll partnered with elf.
>>
>>44724730
Well then, was not expecting that.
>>
>>44727418
Agility strength and body buffs and boosts, invisibility to escape when shit goes down and stealthing it up all the time or face the end of a shotgun barrel and combat axes.
>>
>>44727213
It's kosher. Even in 2075, workstation terminals are still used, and spiders, et al will have physically secure offices from which to work. Heck, the wagemage will have theirs visually linked to the rest of the building by fibre optic cables.

These aren't people that need easily stolen equipment for their jobs.
>>
How important is dodging?

>"Roll ya silly bugger! Ah you stupid sod!"
>>
Alright i am making a small scale terrorist attack on each of my players and i want some advice, specifically on how the party technomancer shitting his pants. I was thinking along the lines of "100 Black IC in Matrix, 100 Black IC in Matrix/ Take on down, pass it around/ 101 Black IC in the Matrix" but i have no idea how something like that would work in the Matrix and if that would even be a threat if he could just not be in the Matrix.

Other suggestions on how to make my players shit themselves welcome also.

And as for the terrorists they got a bunch of yakuza boys hired as bodyguards for their big boys and as assassins, otherwise they are toxic mages and shamans with some gun mooks thrown in to fill the ranks.
>>
>>44727472
It's more important than soaking, but less important than hitting first.
>>
>>44727461
I'd way for the sake of letting the players a bit more free, it's possible to remove the "deck" off the workstation but it would take a long hard hardware or electronics roll.
>>
>>44727429

Would there still be as much of a stealth-focus if I was going for dual pistols, per say?
I was hopping to run up walls, hop and jump between buildings and do all that cool shit.
>>
File: 1435706127673.jpg (146 KB, 592x880) Image search: [Google]
1435706127673.jpg
146 KB, 592x880
>>44727504
It's toxic mages. Have them send a dirty sprirt out after the techno. It's nothing his sprites are going to work on.

>>44727472

If you are picking between + dodge and +attack from Adept powers, go with + attack.

For spells you want Improved Invisibility and Improved Reflexes. Everything else is sort of optional, but stunbolt is always nice.
>>
File: deckerlibrarian.png (140 KB, 800x1160) Image search: [Google]
deckerlibrarian.png
140 KB, 800x1160
>>44727539
If you want to go two guns you don't need to ghost as much. Ninja is just the most survivable mystic adept melee path.

If you go two guns and plenty of mobility you can ease up on the ghosting focus. I'd still take plenty of smoke grenades and Improved Invisibility.

Improved Reflexes better from a spell then from an adept power, too. Even with the gun build.

Being Hardcore Parkor is awesome, but make sure you put enough into shoot things dead skills and powers to be able to, well, shoot things dead. Don't be a D&D Monk.
>>
>>44727522
It may be possible, or it may only be possible to salvage a few parts. It may even happen that the deck terminal parts are full of heavily entrenched security hardware - advanced safety systems, kink bombs, tracker tags integrated into vital parts, anti reverse engineering designs, etc.
>>
>>44727461
>Implying people can't steal a workstation.

You don't even need a troll for that. A modern one only weighs about 18 pounds.

Terminal is a bit confusing, because that implies the computer is somewhere else and this is just an I/O station. That's pretty much back to the other guy's suggestion that they'd lock the deck in a vault with a fiber optic cable for the spider to plug in.
>>
>>44727572

What more would you recommend then, regarding how I spend my PP and just other general things regarding being a mystic adept. Is a totem spirit worth it? What about a weapon qi?
>>
>>44727539
>>44727572
Given the most effective dual wielding with dice pools lower than godlike comes from attacking surprised opponents (who cannot roll to defend), yes, stealth is fairly important.

I don't recommend attempting to start off with dual wielding. Hard Targets has ambidexterity bioware, so you can fudge your way into it when you're taking on prime runners.

>>44727594
You're getting your ideas mixed up. This isn't modern day we're talking about, it's the sixth world, where logic goes to die painfully, and the matrix isn't even understood by the people who built it.
>>
>>44727594
>>44727632
(also, yes, in fifth edition everything is just an I/O station in some respects)

>Cloudless: Not comfortable with your data stored only in the Matrix’s cloud? This program uses legacy code from previous incarnations of the Matrix to place data in physical media and physical media only.

You need this cyberprogram to not automatically leave a copy of everything in the cloud, and to keep a physical copy that isn't in a datachip..
>>
>>44727632
We're doing core-only and street level. Probably going to go for dual-wielding anyway.
>>
File: 1435757961625.jpg (153 KB, 900x1000) Image search: [Google]
1435757961625.jpg
153 KB, 900x1000
>>44727632

Workstation and terminal have real world meanings though. You can't just say "well, it's the sixth world. cats are all twenty feet long now."

A terminal is a input/output station for a computer. A workstation terminal is basically an interface to work with a distant computer with relative comfort, something you could work from.

You can't really say, in game, that a cyberdeck is a giant machine filled with bombs and wasp either. It's defined in the book as being about the size of a VHS tape. You can stuff that into a box filled with bombs and wasp and talk to it by connecting a wire to it.

>>44727630

I don't know. Like the man said, watch your dice pools. When you need all of it only fire one gun, when you can afford to split it do so.

I'd be tempted to mostly use the PP to cover mobility powers, the athletic parkor stuff you wanted. Totems are generaly worth it.
>>
>>44727683
>A workstation terminal is basically an interface to work with a distant computer with relative comfort
In spite of your kvetching, you don't seem to be having trouble figuring it out. Replace "with relative comfort" with "from inside an office cubicle" for most, though.
>>
>>44727683
Last question. Priority system - Magic at A, where does everything else go? Probably just going to play human.
>>
>>44727733
Oh, and how good is Astral Combat?
>>
I'm making a run for my players that they have to take out some Yakuza that're cutting into their clients' business. Anywho, through whatever methods they deem fit they will take out a couple gang hangouts and, the big boss man, hearing of this, has holed up in his safehouse, which the players must track down and bust into. My question is to do with Matrix defenses, would a safehouse run it's own private host? Or should I run all of the interior off of the grid?
>>
File: 1435942904166.gif (1010 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
1435942904166.gif
1010 KB, 420x420
Shadowrun character creation is the biggest mess I saw since GURPS using all books.

Is the system good enough in action to make that mess worth it?
>>
>>44727969
What do you mean a mess?
>>
>>44727741
Stick metatype at whatever you want to get the metatype you want, money at the lowest left, and skills and attributes at whatever you feel like putting them at, unless you've got a specific concept you want to do.

Astral Combat is very meh, except when you absolutely need it. It's like Banishing - a wasted skill outside it's niche, literally the only thing that matters inside it's niche.
>>
>>44727969
if the abundance of information confuses you - try using "Chummer" prog
>>
>>44728009

It's incredibly complicated compared to most systems.

And you really need to know how everything works if you want to make an effective character.
>>
>>44728024
Oh, reminds me. Yekka, if you're about, I got a bug to report: When trying to spend Karma on Attirubtes in Karmagen, it takes loads more off than I'd expect.

The exact bug is that, with no qualities and 1 Essence of 'ware, moving Magic from 4 to 5 costs a full 45 Karma, as opposed to the 25 it should cost. No idea what's going on, but if you manage to replicate, I'm sure you'll find out.
>>
>>44727683
Keep in mind that the conversation started out as 'How do you prevent players from just killing deckers and stealing their shit for more money than they'd make in dozens of runs'. Treating spider's cyberdecks like they're thin clients for the host is a reasonable-ish method for handling it.
>>44727969
Shadowrun is best described as a tolerable system for running Shadowrun in.
>>44728080
Yeah, I'm not sure what the deal is with it. Hard to replicate for me at the moment. I'm just working on old issues instead, because I am terrible at task prioritisation.
>>
>>44728138
No worries, mang, just do what you can do, I'm just thankful for you actually doing stuff.
>>
>>44727733
>Magic at A
Aren't you an Adept?
>>
>>44728189
Mystic Adept.
>>
>>44728064

For a new player Chummer barely helps. You need to know how system works to know what to take and what's a trap.
>>
>>44724459
So essentially it's KE X-Com only with runners instead of xenos?
>>
>>44728075
>>44728443
Eh
I haven't really had an issue with that, if you're playing with people of the same level of knowledge of the system as you, everyone is going to be "gimped" the same way, and if not, more experienced players can help the less experienced ones.
I can see where issues would arise though.
>>
>>44728443
Agreed. The book is really horribly organized, imo, but once you get into it, the system is really not as complicated as it looks.
>>
Prospective new player here (no idea where to look for an IRL game and online is suffering, especially in GMT), considering running a decker if I find a game and I have a few questions on the playstyle. I may be misreading this horribly, but do decks fulfill the function of commlinks, or are they separate devices? Are good skills more important than a good deck at chargen or vice versa? And as a follow on, what would you say is the "ideal" starting deck on the Priority system? Should I just be making a Technomancer if I want to run a hacker and not worry about money?
>>
>>44729110
First, Technomancers who hack are difficult to build and play. I would definitely suggest making that your second character, after you firmly understand the matrix.

Cyberdecks in 5e are very expensive, advanced Commlinks. They can fulfill all of the same functions as a Commlink, but so much more. I'm assuming 5e because of Priority, and Deckers basically have to take Resources A.

Remember that the stats on the Deck are your limits for Matrix Actions. If you're rolling 12-14 dice for hacking at chargen, buying a deck with limits above your average of 4-5 will likely be wasted until you can boost your pools. That being said, its hard to upgrade a deck. Buying a new deck is also basically out of the question.
>>
>>44729110
>decks fulfill the function of commlinks
Everything a commlink can do, a deck can do as well. It's still a good idea to have a commlink anyways, as the decker you will be Slaving a lot of shit and having more than one Master, while a pain in the ass to keep track of, can help you keep your team's gear protected.

>Are good skills more important than a good deck at chargen or vice versa?
Definitely. Resources is still your A choice as a decker 90% of the time, but usually you buy a slightly worse deck, and use the money you saved on getting 'ware that will help you boost your pools. Cerebral Boosters are great, so is a cyberarm to mitigate the combat incompetency that usually comes with being a decker. For reference, dicepool/3 is your average hits. So long your limit is at least 1 or 2 points above that to account for lucky rolls, you won't hit it often. Even then, Edge will let you override them completely, albeit at the expense of a finite resource. High Edge goes well with anything, and Deckers are no exception.

>Should I just be making a Technomancer if I want to run a hacker and not worry about money?
Ideally this would be the case, but the best Technomancer right now is a pet class that supports very well, and hacks less well. As a first character, a Decker will be a lot more satisfying and less headache-inducing.
>>
>>44729110
>Should I just be making a Technomancer if I want to run a hacker and not worry about money?

Oh no! The best thing you can do is forget technomancers even exist.

>Are good skills more important than a good deck at chargen or vice versa? And as a follow on, what would you say is the "ideal" starting deck on the Priority system?

If you stick to 5e core, then the Novatech Navigator is a huge investment but you'll get a good mileage out of its decent attributes and three program slots.

If you have a ccess to Data Trails, then the looser your DM is with modifications rules, the lower you can go.
>>
I WANNA MARRY EIGER
>>
>>44724272
I like my HTR teams to be high speed low drag operators whose hobbies include operating operationally and painting
>>
>>44729110
If you do still want to take a spin as a Technomancer, look in the last thread for the long screed I made about how to use the Resonance Priority.

The second one, as it's more complete. In a few days I'll probably get to adding even more.
>>
>>44728614
>magic light
>x-com

As if any self respecting Commander wouldn't field as many psi units as possible. Pre-Psionics X-COM, maybe, especially EW X-COM with bioware and MECs coming out of their asses.
>>
This is for SR4A.

It seems like a lot of the Infected and other non-standard metatypes/races are pretty overcosted. Drakes, infected, shapeshifters, True Drakes, AIs, cyborgs, free spirits. The actual metavariants seem pretty okay, and the sapient critters are at least okayish but maybe borderline.

What would be a sensible cost reduction for stuff like infected? 1/2 standard cost, rounded up to the nearest increment of 5?
>>
What kinda Earware/Audio enhancements are worth picking up?
>>
>>44731342
Select Sound Filter and Audio Enhancement.
>>
>>44730967
From my perspective they're intentionally overcosted to discourage playing one.
>>
I can't get a custom_weapons file to work for Chum5. I think its the ID tag and I'm not sure if I need to generate new IDs or what.
>>
Can I smartlink a gun to itself? Like have the information display to a scope or something on top instead of glasses or whatever. I know it defeats the corner shooting thing but I don't really care about that anyway.
>>
>>44731680
So, for a game where it's actually acceptable to play one, what should the cost be reduced by? Since that's sorta the point of why I'm asking.
>>
>>44731866
"Imaging scopes include a micro camera
and vision magnification, and they have a Capacity of 3 to hold vision enhancements (p. 444)." For 5e.
>>
>>44731866
Doing that kind of defeats the purpose of having a smartlink in the first place.
>>
>>44731866
Doesn't guns already do that if they have scopes or HUD?
The reason you want a smartlink is that it feeds it to you directly, instead of looking at the shiny object.
>>
Best priorities for a gun Adept? I'm trying to roll up a premade sheet in case one of my players doesn't get theirs in on time so they can still play. I know they're looking at an elf pistol adept, so I'm trying to keep to the same thing. We're on Sum to 10 chargen.
>>
>>44731866
Your not really going to be corner shooting using a gun with a scope on it.
>>
>>44728614
... Actually, yes, that's pretty accurate. The initial inspiration was Ghost in the Shell, but it's mutated from there.
>>
>>44732496
The first question is Machine Pistols (and thus use automatics) or regular pistols (and thus use Pistols... and probably take Heavy Pistols)?

Either way take 4 ranks in Agi Boost, some Improved Reflexes, and Improved Skill (Weapon Type). As a pistol adept you can probably skimp a little on the Str.

And go a bit moderate on Skills if your adept skill was the weapon skill. (But do specialize.)
>>
>>44731866
Scopes can accept vision enhancements, so you can technically put the Smartlinked quality on it--It's a vision device.

I actually have a character who has that, because she often uses the rifle while climbing, and can't do a whole lot of fiddling with gear while hanging upside-down from a rope or whatever.
>>
>>44730967
>>44731680
>>44731875

It's a hard question. I'd say 1/2 cost and add an extra 20 for any with regeneration, as it is a power that really defines a character.
>>
>>44733843
>Either way take 4 ranks in Agi Boost
Fuck no, anon. 1 rank, and only if you don't want to get permanent agility bonuses. Attribute Boost: Agility counts against augmentation bonuses. (ie; +4 max)
>>
>>44734445
The +4 is only if they're already at the unaugmented max. And in that case, why not hope for a good roll to get you to the augmented max?

It's cheaper PP and karma wise than getting lasting boosts.
>>
>>44734572
>The +4 is only if they're already at the unaugmented max
No. It's +4 from your current natural attribute.

>It's cheaper PP and karma wise than getting lasting boosts.
True, but eventually you'll want actual, reliable, non-damaging agility, and then it's a weight on your PP.

Plus, there's still no reason to take it at rating 4. You're spending .25PP per rank for +1 die beyond the first - the roll is Magic + Rating, and the Drain is Rating.
>>
>>44734896
Yeah. That first one was a stupid, stupid mistake on my part when copying.

Honestly, though, I'd say 4 more for the lack of things that would fill the .25 PP without a Way. Plus, the extra ranks also give extra turns that it'll last.

And the major ways I can think of to get (non-Essence Damaging) Agi are probably better assigned to other places.

One in Reflexes, One in Strength, Four in Body. (No, not really. Especially not on a gun-adept elf.)

And now that I think about it, I think that gun-adepts are the adepts I make least.
>>
File: Cassidy Hyland.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Cassidy Hyland.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44733843
Went with Heavy Pistols. Didn't take the agility boost, and ended up dropping more skill points on (overall low-skill/unoptimized party), but I think it turned out workable.

The contacts are partially unashamedly stolen from Namikaze's campaign. Say what you will about the freelancers, they make fairly good GMs.
>>
>>44735157
Lancers, free or otherwise, are also good if you have good 'cycles.

Although I thought that Johnny Sin was going to be Johnny Yen, again.
>>
>>44727660
For the love of Gygax, use the street scum rules. Street level is synonym with "magic is OP". Street scum means Priority system, but without Priority A and with two times another priority.
>>
>>44735608
I thought Street Scum was priority A (Metatype only) C E E E.
>>
>>44735608
>>44735675
>priority chargen
Why even live?
>>
>>44731812
Yes, weapons need IDs. I use Notepad++ with the NPPToolbucket plugin to do it, but you can just use http://www.guidgen.com to do it if you're doing a small amount of them.
>>
>>44735759
Thanks, Omae.
I already use Notepad ++, so I'll grab the plugin.
>>
>>44735675
>>44735608
>once from row B, once from row C, once from row D and twice from row E, or twice each from rows C and D and once from row E.

Street Scum is BCDEE or CCDDE.
>>
>>44736231
(effectively, Sum To 6)
>>
>>44735675
>>44736231
Eh, I wasn't sure. But anyway, thats what they should do, the standard street level rules are shit.
>>
>>44736353
>The bad rules are presented right there with standard chargen.
>The good rules are hidden away in the GM section, easily overlooked

Why
>>
>>44736431
>CGL editing
>>
>>44736431
>Catalyst Game Labs
>>
Can I put a mortar on dobberman?
>>
>>44735759
Is there a way to mark the gas-vents so I can choose to put them in the barrel mount or the none slot? I can't mount gas-vents on weapons that come stock suppressed
>>
>>44736556
you can mount and have a grenade launcher fire indirectly, which would essentially be the same without sacrificing direct-fire capabilities.

What the hell do you need a mortar for.
>>
I'm building a character, a decker ghoul anarchist. I want to find a way to make it a corp's fault that he got infected, maybe contaminated water or something (hopefully more dramatic than that). Ideas?
>>
>>44736929
The Decker worked for the corp but he built up Anarchist leanings over the years. The corp infected him and then attempted to kill him, using the infection as an excuse to kill him in cold blood. He escaped.
>>
>>44736916
I made pmc
>>
>>44736929
What about the classic resident evil trope?

Black facility working with the krieger strain - infection clusterfuck happened due to "budgetary constraints" in the security department and your guy is a bit peeved about that.
>>
>>44736929
His work was not up to his supervisor's standards. Wanting to put him to better use, the corp infected him intentionally during a routine medical checkup. The intent was to study the interactions between the Krieger-strain and certain types of cyber-/bioimplants the character has. He escaped the medical team that wanted to quarantine him by chance and became a corp-hating anarchist.
>>
Is there a general recommendation on how much ammo to have at the start of the game? And what ammo types are particularly useful?
>>
>>44737515
EX-EX, APDS, Gel, Stick n Shock
How much ammo depends on your role and choice of weapon. I like to buy a fuckload of Gel though, cheap and non-lethal.
>>
>>44737515
I go for a hundred or four full clips for my main gun's worth of three kinds of ammo (where I have the budget).

Standard, ADPS, and Stick and Shock.
>>
>>44737515
Capsule Pepper Punch is a good purchase for a holdout, if you have one. It has light pistol ranges, is completely legal (good to carry with a likewise legal slingshot, if you do archery + stealth), and happens to be the cheapest ammo in the game at 15Â¥ per ten rounds.
>>
>>44737515
Depends on what kind of campaign you're running.
Black Trenchcoat or Pink Mohawk?
Get a lot of ammo for a pink mohawk game.

4e:
Do you have a suppressed weapon? Get some stick-n-shock and some subsonic ammo.
AV/APDS can be bought later between missions.

Don't have a suppressed weapon? Get EX-EX and Stick-n-Shock.

Go for two clips full of each at least.
That is quite easily concealed on your body and you won't realistically spend more than that on your first run.
If you have any special weapons Super Squirt or something like that be sure to buy different chems for that - lethal, nonlethal, debuffing etc.

Don't know about 5e, but the guys will help you out there,
>>
>>44737676
Your 4e tips apply equally to 5e, though I usually keep a spare extended clip, (double size, +2 concealability) rather than two spare.
>>
>>44727122
Running 100% of hostile deckers/spiders offsite, due to the issue of decks being stolen by shadow runner in the past.

Alternative for spiders is to have a 'deck' that is something you put into several server racks and cannot be moved except after a 8 hour disassembly. All you can really steal is a few hundred nuyen worth of Human Interface Devices.
>>
File: Weapons Guy.jpg (120 KB, 667x1000) Image search: [Google]
Weapons Guy.jpg
120 KB, 667x1000
>>44737717
>>44737515
Shit. I forgot that. >>44737717 is right, if you have the possibility to take a bigger mag for your weapon, DO IT. Reloading is a bitch - you can't suppress, you can't do damage, you are vulnerable.
If there's a possibility for you to keep firing, utilize it.

Get a bigger magazine!
>>
>>44731963
Not really, unless you can instantly do range, ammunition type and wind correction in your head.
>>
>>44737564
Don't start with Ex-Ex, since it has an availability of 14, just buy some when soon into play.
>>
How long does First Impression last? Would it go for a whole meeting or just a first roll or what?
>>
Okay, /srg/. I'm gonna be running my first session in a couple days. Got the Food Fight meetup planned, got the players meeting the fixer/main free contacts. Should I plan a second quick run if they end up wanting to go late? If so, what fits for a rag-tag group of broke kids (standard chargen but they all dumped resources) for a quick run?
>>
>>44738416
Drug deal gone wrong?

This would let you introduce a gang rivalry or some of the major crime players in your sprawl.

You could also prepare a cool bar for them and let them shoot the shit a bit. A little bit of character interaction and roleplay, some downtime is nice to introduce the characters.
>>
>>44738404
>during the first meeting.
>>
>>44738739
So if it's a long interaction, like I'm taking someone to dinner and drinks, I'd get the bonus for hours?
>>
>>44738940
As a GM, I would rule that generally until you leave a person's LOS you get the bonus. So if you're taking a person to the bar for drinks, hold it in.
>>
>>44736867
Hrm. In the current code it'd be kind of finicky. Download the latest version from https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases (Note: .655 will be compiled in a few minutes which fixes issues with cloaks if you want to wait for that ) and then put https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17469748/override_gasventmounts_weapons.xml this into your data folder.
>>
>>44739195
Thanks yekka. Figuring this out helps me Houserule/Homebrew more easily.
>>
File: HELP.png (56 KB, 613x305) Image search: [Google]
HELP.png
56 KB, 613x305
>>44739195
I'm getting this error when I click on the cloaks in Chummer, both Designer and Regular. I can still add Mods and Gear.
>>
>>44726847
Never saw I got a reply. Looking for 5th edition. And for that matter, is there a source for better cheat sheets? The ones in the OP's pastebin are missing basically everything outside of core and a large chunk of core, especially combat (the one place it NEEDS cheat sheets).
>>
In SR4A, is it possible to pay someone with the Geomancy metamagic to aspect a background count for you?

Do Adepts actually benefit from BC at all?

How much would it take to get someone to do the work like that?
>>
Hey /srg/. Kind of new. Any absolutely need-to-know information about character building tips? Especially relating to deckers?
>>
>>44740073
In no particular order:

How Slaving works (and what it can do for you)

How Hosts work (and why you fear them)

How Limits work (and what it means when choosing a deck)

How Marks work (and what you can do when you have them)

There was advice given in this very thread.

The Matrix chapter of the core is pretty compact, there's little irrelevant information, like the last part, which is for Technomancers. Giving it a read front to back (a few times) is my advice.
>>
Whats the best armor for a street samurai

Body 5 Strength 5 agility 7
Elf
>>
I've got a Shadowrun 4 question.
I'm working on a rigger (driver) that doesn't use a commlink.
Rigger control, Hot-Sim-Module and Simsense Booster equal a matrix initiative of Intuition with 4 Passes.

Is there a way I can boost his Initiative further?

Can you add a response upgrade to the implanted sim-module?
>>
>>44739446
That's... odd. Can you expand the details and show me what it says?
>>
>>44740073
High Willpower, Logic and Intuition; every decking skill; cyberware to boost your stats and maybe an arm so you can be ok in combat; a good deck is good but dont stop yourself from getting Armour and 'ware.

Character info in general; Edge is good, Initiative is really good, have a combat skill, have at least a rank in etiquette and maybe stealth; contacts for gear/jobs; have a team you can trust and share a lifestyle
>>
File: 1442207918868.jpg (245 KB, 1067x1600) Image search: [Google]
1442207918868.jpg
245 KB, 1067x1600
>>44726971
>>
>>44740073
Be more than just a decker.

Odds are as THE decker, you're going to be the only one that is capable of doing anything important (i.e. illegal) with the matrix. The time you spend in cyberspace is time you are practically split up from the rest of the group. Being able to do stuff in meatspace is good for everyone involved, and is more justifiable in 5e where noise makes remote hacking much more difficult.

A good enough starter deck is going to run between 80 and 120k. You could instead buy an attack or stealth dongle for your commlink, though be aware that the errata raised the price of these significantly.

Your deck and your hacking skills are about half your character. The other half can be just about anything.

Adepts are a popular choice because they give you good combat power without eating into your nuyen, and improved reflexes makes you a very fast AR hacker.

Rigger can be a bit harder because that also costs a lot of money, but there's a lot of overlap in the skills and attributes deckers and riggers want.

Mage also works, especially a logic tradition, though you're going to need to a ton of skillpoints.

The main splat for decking is data trails, but you can get by just fine with the stuff and information from the core book.
>>
>>44740226
Berwick Suit with a coat and a ballistic mask or helmet?
cyberware that you can put Armour into
>>
How do you guys do contacts' stats? Actually making them the same way as a PC, or some simplified method?
>>
>>44740380
in Run Faster there is tables and guidelines to how to design contacts.
>>
>>44740398
I know, I'm looking at them right now. And I've also seen a lot of people use simpler methods that look far better than the way Run Faster does (which is, essentially, "make them like a player character but without Priority"). Trying to get opinions.
>>
>>44740398
it does of course make all rating 11 and 12 contacts awakened or technomancers due to the amount of special attribute points
>>
>>44740423
off the top of my head i would say: choose a task or skill that you use them for and assume they have a dice pool of connections*2+loyalty
>>
>>44740236
Now its not showing up with the error, I dunno.
>>
>>44740436
Clearly they fucked up; it's group skill points, not special attribute points.
>>
>>44740748
Looking at it, Bonus Attribute Points are equally fucked, unless they're cumulative and no one bothered to mention.
>>
>>44740816
>>44740748
>trusting CGL editing to be in decent shape

>>44740476
Yeah, that's likely what I'll do.
>>
>>44724651
thanks for the help.
Also does anyone have this decker flowchart?
>>
>>44742869
should be in the pastebin, summaries folder for 5e books
>>
>>44727122

In Data Trails they introduced a special self destruct mechanism that can be installed in cyberdecks. So if you ever try to loot a deck, it just explodes.
>>
File: 1452575141625.jpg (23 KB, 407x395) Image search: [Google]
1452575141625.jpg
23 KB, 407x395
SO i've never played shadowrun before should I just pick up the 5'th eddition books and some of it's expansions. also on a side note what woud be a good resource for getting a dm more ingrossed in the world and lore of shadowrun? any answer will be hallpfull
>>
>>44743073
>In Data Trails they introduced a special self destruct mechanism that can be installed in cyberdecks.
And any other device, fwiw.
>>
>>44743275
Yeah, that'd be a good start. There's some fiction in the books that'll get you started. Also the harebrained schemes video games are pretty good too. Shamelessly ripping off the missions from there and adapting them to your campaign could be a good plan
>>
I'm designing a run that involves the players busting into a crime bosses safehouse to get him. Would it be correct to assume that a Yakuza safehouse would have it's own private host?
>>
>>44743659
Extremely unlikely, especially if it's a safehouse (which would want to be, you know, a little more secretive, like say being disconnected as entirely as possible).
>>
>>44743682
Not even a host running silently? It'd be pretty much invisible to all except the obvious hacker looking for it.
>>
>>44743275
Just go get the 4e books. You'll be better off for it.
>>
>>44743725
They'd probably be on some other host, all connected to a commlink that's running silent.
>>
What attributes does a rigger need most? Logic?
>>
>>44743738
What's the main difference between the two?
>>
>>44743993
4e has better layout. 5e improved certain rules. (and messed up others)
>>
>>44743924
At first I was going to say Logic's the last thing you need, but that's because I misread rigger.

Depends on what kind you want to make. Logic/Reaction/Intuition/Agility/Willpower are what you're going to be dividing your attribute points up in for the most part.
>>
How do you pronounce Tír na nÓg, Tír Tairngire and Salish-Sidhe?
>>
How much of a presence do the Wanibuchi-Rengo have in Seattle?
>>
>>44743993
4e has a good layout, more (and better, overall) content, it's been around long enough that you'll actually have people who know what they're doing for any problem issues for the system, you'll be able to find more players because it's more popular, it doesn't have that abomination of a chargen system called prioritygen, and other shit too.
>>
>>44740358
I'd go as far as to say to not play a decker unless your GM really likes them and to do cyberspace shit.

Otherwise, it's a trash archtype in 5th with crappy rules.
>>
So, out of curiousity what are the must have skills in shadowrun? If you only have like 18 skill points, the only skill I know for certain people probably need is perception? And although i've never played a game longer than one session 6 because stealth is always a good option and the final one is...?
>>
>>44744948
Perception, a weapon skill, stealth, con, etiquette. There's more, but if you only have 18 (why the fuck are you using priority E skills), that's about all you'll be able to manage.
>>
>>44744378
I know it is 'cheer tanjeer' (it should rhyme) for Tír Tairngire.
I usually go with 'cheer nah-nogh' for Tír na nÓg, but I dont actiouly know.
No fucking clue on Salish-Sidhe.
>>
>>44744967
Eh, 18 is the lowest possible, but I think people would rather be broke. The lowest i've ever went was 22, but i've never played a game long enough to learn if that was a bad idea or not.
>>
>>44745022
>tfw the party you're GMing for doesn't have anyone above skill priority D yet
>holding out hope that my adept gunslinger decides to pick up a face role too

We're about to find out!
>>
>>44743993
5e is better in most ways, although only slightly in the case of chargen, whereas 4e has better editing.
>>44744378
It's irish, you can probably find a pronunciation guide somewhere.
>>
>>44744378
>>44744978
It's actually sheer-shairn-jeer and sheer-nah-noth (like was said)

As for Salish-Sidhe, it's Sali-sh-She
>>
>>44744948
Stealth, Con, Firearm (pick one), Close Combat (pick one) or Gymnastics, First Aid (high log) or Medicine (low log), Perception, Etiquette ... in that order for the generic runner, imo.
>>
Dual-wielding pistols adept seeking to emulate John Preston. They took 5 ranks (!) of Combat Sense.

How bad of an idea is this, and what should they take instead?
>>
>>44745207
Tell them to take a good, hard look at the dual-wielding rules first.
>>
>>44745207
It is good.
>>
File: 1417426123522.jpg (3 MB, 1702x2687) Image search: [Google]
1417426123522.jpg
3 MB, 1702x2687
>>44743659
You could go that way, or have it be a dead zone with no electronics and a few human servants there to see to the crime boss's needs.

They aren't going to give up the luxuries they are used to, and either way there's a vulnerability.
>>
>>44745207
Combat Sense is pretty good, but they probably should check whether they can get +1 die on defence tests cheaper than taking 5 ranks.

Dual wielding is useful in two situations; when you're sneaking and want to tag 2+ guys before surprise ends, or when your dice pool is so large splitting it doesn't matter.
>>
>>44745239
They've taken a good, hard look. I've taken a good, hard look.

They've come to the conclusion that it's still what they want to do. They're tossing close to 20 dice at the problem; it's not perfect, by any means, but they're in a heavily unoptimized party (>>44745085 should give you a hint), and at least they can shoot a single pistol well.

>>44745247
Really? Advice I've always heard is 2-3 ranks at most.
>>
>>44745266
Not getting hit is very useful.
>>
>>44745283
>calculate out the defense test
>13 dice to dodge, 16 with full defense, and THEN the armor test that's pretty decent

I see the value now. Jesus. Averaging 5 hits for the initial defense test with full defense and 4 without? Wish I got that.
>>
>>44745370
Get "Agile Defender" and you can add your probably much higher agility to the base defense test when going full def.
>>
>>44745458
Hell, I'll have to remind them about that quality then.
>>
>>44740226
If you like to run stealthy instead, there's always Sleeping Tiger.
>>
>>44745458
Acrobatic Defender is usually better in most cases, just because skill ratings are on a different scale.
It's relatively easy after a couple runs to have 8 or 9 Gymnastics dice, and that's before you consider augmentations or adept powers, which do apply.
>>
File: SleepingTiger.jpg (231 KB, 682x604) Image search: [Google]
SleepingTiger.jpg
231 KB, 682x604
>>44745793
Ironically, the least stealthy option unless you're going around with tech invisibility.
>>
>>44745828
You're reading the intent wrong.
The idea of it is that it's HIGH fashion--in this case, it's delightfully daring in the corp world, and classy-reserved for a street fashion.
It is meant to (more or less) fit in everywhere. That's why it's such great stealth armor.
>>
>>44745877
... No, I don't think I am.
It's loud, stands out, marks goblinoids as corporate ladder climbers, and offends conservatives + orks not enamoured of orksploitation culture equally.
>>
>>44745877
Nah, it's wore like "standing out showing how terrible taste you have" anywhere you go. But, yes, being looked down upon for having no fashion sense is 'stealthier' than having dumb schmucks make a ruckus/raise the alarm because you're running around in combat armor.
>>
>>44724272
. . . is that bill maher?
>>
>>44737722
About the whole Deck/Decker thing, having a vehicule, any vehicule, with the Repeater (i forgot the weird name they put in Rigger 5.0) allows a decker to have its Deck anywhere in the world, and use the vehicule as the actual point to measure distance.

A corp could very well just have a deck storage and a cheap "vehicule" (which can be as simple as a chair) be the decker's terminal.

Have the mod on cop cars, and any decker can instantly support from accross the globe.
>>
>>44746291
>Note that this only works for communications across the network of drones, not beyond it; that is to say, a retrans unit cannot be used as a sort of bridge to eliminate noise for a decker attempting to hack into devices beyond the drone.

No.
>>
File: t-800.jpg (404 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
t-800.jpg
404 KB, 1280x1024
Two parter question

How do you render a T-800 mechanically?

What is the closest a player can come to this?

edition of your choice
>>
>>44746508
4th ed.: Jarhead
5th ed.: Import Jarhead from 4th ed.
>>
>>44746508
Arthoform drone covered with high end synthflesh. Jumped in rigger could run one, but if you want it to be 'you' then maybe instead you could rock an AI and ride it around.

I'd probely, for a fun game, just go full Robocop in 4th. cybertorso, arms, legs and head with jacked stats, crappy basic stats and smash everything.
>>
So is there a guide or something on mystic adepts? I have no clue how i'm suppose to create these guys correctly. Help?
>>
File: 2D storytime.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
2D storytime.pdf
1 B, 486x500
In case someone needs it.
>>
>>44747274
take spells
take powers
???
profit
>>
>>44726529
>dealing with the immediate aftermath of every GD getting fucking nuked by Neo-Soviet Union
That's better. The world is looking up already!
>>
>>44747274
The major thing you're going to have to decide is if you're going to be an Adept with magic back-up, or a Mage with Adept powers as buffs.

Also, given the cost for PP, it's likely to be almost or all of your karma there.

In the first case, choose what kind of adept (Social, Gun, Melee) and then pick your powers, and then look for things that you can boost with spells or cover with spells. Oh, and take a few mana spells so that you can focus on (hopefully) less than optimal defenses.

For a Mage with Adept buffs, buy some of the anti-surprise and defense powers, a rank or two of Improved Reflexes, and boost you stealth skills.

Your combat spells will benefit SO MUCH from stealth.
>>
File: vauclair mugshot.png (102 KB, 212x278) Image search: [Google]
vauclair mugshot.png
102 KB, 212x278
>>44748084
You don't say!
>>
>>44748193
>>44747817

Is it better to be an adept or mage though? I know mystical adepts are not allowed to do astral stuff, but I have no idea how important that is. Likewise, for adepts you only get the points you paid for and no more, right? And are mystical adepts suppose to be heavily attribute dependent or skill dependent?
>>
>>44748269
Only Mystic Adepts need to buy PP with karma. This means that they have to pay for both an increase to magic and a new power point if they want more after a magic increase. Regular Adepts gain PP automatically from raising magic no need to buy it separately.
>>
Do wounds penalties apply to every roll? Is anything exempt?
>>
>>44748673
Rolls to resist, like Defence, Soak, Addiction tests, etc. I think they do apply if you try to use an active defence like Full Defence.
>>
>>44748673
Most everything except for Damage Resistance. I'm not completely sure on 5e's rule on Wound Mods and Drain Resistance, but I always tell my players to ignore them for Drain.
>>
4e: Is it possible to add a Customized Attribute to a Cyberlimb after it has been implanted?

Alternatively: Is it possible for your street doc to remove your Cyberlimb, add Customized [BOD/STR/AGI] and then Implant it again? Or would you have to get an entire new Cyberlimb?
>>
>>44748269
That one depends on what you're going for.

Being a face, for instance, is best taken from the perspective of being an Adept and backing up with Magic.

Combat can go either way.

Although a Mage with some Adept bennies can really rock the unsuspecting's world. Close with the spell slinger and suddenly berserking boosted combat with acid-fists.
>>
File: elonmuskbondcar.jpg (134 KB, 468x311) Image search: [Google]
elonmuskbondcar.jpg
134 KB, 468x311
Got a question that I asked my group, and I'm looking for a confirmation on what they said: If I combined Amphibious (Submersible) and Extreme Environment Modification (Deep Sea), could I take, say, a car to the bottom of the ocean?
>>
>>44749869
I think you'd also need Life Support 2 and some armor upgrades.

The Life Support is to have enough air to reasonably go deep sea. The armor is just as a precaution so that you can say that it's covered.

Although you'd definitely want some sensor upgrades. You ain't seeing anything through your window.
>>
>>44749869
I'd put a limit on how deep you can go without a specially designed and manufactured batyscaphe, but yes, you could extend the 100m limit of the 'submersible' mod.
>>
I'm looking through Data Trails now and it looks like AI characters don't get Edge. Is this a fuck up, or do they really not get Edge?
>>
>>44726453
Don't dragons still have additional uses of Edge that PCs don't in 5e?
>>
"*growls* Fine, but this isn't over."
Bull, 2072

Is this autist dead yet?
>>
>>44750759
Isn't that what the number in parenthesis after Metasapient is for?
>>
>>44750889
I'm not saying your wrong, but I can't find where it says that. I'm probably blind.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.