[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Time Bandits: WTF did i just watch?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5
File: Timebandits.jpg (40 KB, 949x519) Image search: [Google]
Timebandits.jpg
40 KB, 949x519
so, /tg/

i've seen Time Bandits....
and, have you ever run games like this...

>could you play Time Wizards like Time Bandits?
>>
Yeah we played a game like it once.
>>
Time Bandits should be required viewing for /tg/
>>
>>44721227
Don't forget the Baron.
>>
>>44721619
The baron?
>>
>>44722251
Munchausen
>>
>>44722294
I think I watched Time Bandits and TAOBM for the first time during the same summer as a kid. Good times.

ITT: recommend one /tg/-related '80s movie with each of your posts.

>The Dark Crystal
>>
>>44722461
The Last Unicorn.

>Your majesty?
>Love is slowing you down, my lady. I will catch you at last if you love much more.
>Look, your son is coming home.
>Lír? He's none of mine. I picked him up on a doorstep where some peasant had left him. I was thinking that I had never been happy, and never had a son. It was pleasant at first, but it died quickly. There is only one thing that has ever made me happy.
>What is that?
>Do not mock me. I know very well what you have come for, and you know very well that I have them; try to take them if you can, but do not mock me!
>My lord, in all your castle, in all your realm, there is nothing of yours that I desire. Good day, your majesty.
>I know you! I almost knew you as soon as I saw you coming on the road, with your cook and your clown; since then, there is no movement of yours that has not betrayed you! A pace, a glance, a turn of the head, the flash of your throat as you breathe, even your way of standing perfectly still, they were all my spies! ...You made me wonder for a while. But your time is done.
>The tide is turning. Come and see. Come here. There. There they are. There they are! They are mine! They belong to me! The Red Bull gathered them for me one by one, and I bade him drive each one into the sea! Now, they live there. And every tide carries them within an easy step of the land, but they dare not come out of the water! They are afraid of the Red Bull. ...I like to watch them. They fill me with joy. ...The first time I felt it I thought I was going to die. I said to the Red Bull, "I must have them. I must have all of them, all there are, for nothing makes me happy, but their shining, and their grace." So the Red Bull caught them. Each time I see the unicorns, my unicorns, it is like that morning in the woods, and I am truly young, in spite of myself!
>>
>>44722461
Dragonslayer

comes with bonus tits

Time Bandits would be playable with the Time Wizard rules, but chargen would be spout a bunch of random history/fantasy/myth bullshit in less than 2 minutes, then we get to pick 5 of those as our core powers...

and, everyone would be a dwarf.

with a random costume
>>
Excalibur.
>Forged when the world was young, and bird and beast and flower were one with man, and death was but a dream!
>>
>>44721227
>Time Bandits should be required viewing for /tg/

All Terry Gilliam movies should be.
>>
>>44723163
>not recommending a movie with your post
Get a load of this dweeb

>Fire and Ice
>>
>>44722461
The Black Cauldron
>>
File: dice rockets FoD.jpg (40 KB, 525x315) Image search: [Google]
dice rockets FoD.jpg
40 KB, 525x315
not quite 80's, but....

Flight of Dragons

>drunk dragons

> neckbeards and nerds all

> death by science
>>
>>44722618
That Christopher Lee voiceover. Gives me shills every time.

>Labyrinth
>>
>>44723238
>>Fire and Ice
Oh, man, what a ridiculous thing that is. I can approve.

I'm going to have to recommend Vanya:

https://vimeo.com/47840832
>>
>>44723379
>https://vimeo.com/47840832

not 80's

funny, Flight of Dragons IS 80's..1982
>>
>>44723238
I believe I recommended all Terry Gilliam movies.

Time Bandits
Brazil
The Adventures of Baron Munchausen
12 Monkeys
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus
The Zero Theorem

The only ones of his I can't recommend are Tideland, The Fisher King, and Jabberwocky because I haven't seen them, and The Brothers Grimm because it's not very good.
>>
File: 2008-11-13-heavy_metal.jpg (121 KB, 700x1021) Image search: [Google]
2008-11-13-heavy_metal.jpg
121 KB, 700x1021
>>44722902
You want tits, boy? I'll give you tits... CARTOON tits.
> if you need me to actually name the movie, you should probably leave /tg/
>>
>>44723982
Oh hey, somebody did some fanart of that one South Park episode.
>>
>>44723995
Nah, that's from Warhammer 40k
>>
>>44724081
Clearly it's from World of Warcraft you plebs
>>
>>44723995
>>44724081
>>44724138
Trolled you fuckers HARD. It's cut content from Skyrim.
>>
>>44724191
Clearly its The Last Guardian
>>
just finished Baron Munchausen...that movie is pretty sweet, 9/10 on the surreal meter
>>
>>44722461
>ctrl+f Willow
>phrase not found
Get some taste, /tg/.
>>
>>44722294
Oh, that sounds nasty, is it contagious?
>>
>The Princess Bride
>>
>>44723759
>I believe I recommended all Terry Gilliam movies.
I guess that counts...
>The only ones of his I can't recommend are
For real anon
>>
>>44725356
Was literally just about to post Willow, quality taste anon.
>>
Dark City should suit /tg/ down to the ground.
>>
>>44725543

Loved how the hired henchmen were pretty stand-up guys that were just looking for work.

Still miss Andre.
>>
While it's more WoD than Time Wizards, Near Dark always deserves a mention.

Not '80s but also /tg/ related Kate Bigelow is Strange Days for your cyberpunk inspiration.
>>
>>44728145

oh. Bounty Killers.
>>
>>44722618
Molly: No, it can't be. Can it be? Where have you been? Where have you been? Damn you! Where have you been?
Unicorn: I'm here now.
Molly: And where were you twenty years ago? Ten years ago? Where were you when I was new? When I was one of those innocent young maidens you always come to? How dare you! How dare you come to me now, when I am this!
>>
>>44725526
only by proxy
>>
The Wizards, and I can't believe no one's said Labyrinth
>>
>>44720975
One of the best 80's fantasy movies is what you just saw.
>>
>>44723759
Brazil is one crazy movie and I love it.
>>
File: 1424669666757.jpg (177 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
1424669666757.jpg
177 KB, 450x600
>>44725356
Willow was George Lucas's best film

prove me wrong
>>
>>44728190
If you're talking about "Wizards", it came out in 1977.
>>
>>44728867
All too accurate these days though.

I have considered a career in guerrilla plumbing...
>>
>>44728190
read
>>44723374
>>
>>44723759
Watch Jabberwocky, you'll love it.
Fisher King is so-so, but good.

>Hardware
>>
>>44723759
Brothers Grimm is great tyvm
>>
>>44729491
Isn't that the one where shit just keeps going on and on until a random drunk russian guy wanders out of the woods and starts throwing grandma curses at the witches tower bringing it all to an end?
>>
>>44728110
I was just this morning thinking "what ever happened to Val Kilmer?" Warwick Davis has a far superior career.

>>44728190
If you haven't heard yet, Bowie just died. That movie is virtually a primer on how to make good NPCs.

>>44728984
You're not wrong. The Star Wars movies are overrated. Good stuff, but it's more the effect they've had on popular culture than the movies themselves. It's like he has a few really good groundwork ideas and then half-asses exploring them.

80s /tg/ movies and nobody's mentioned Conan yet. Robert E. Howard's pulp novels are a cornerstone of classic D&D concepts.
>>
>>44729595
Conan the Destroyer, while cheesy to the max, has an awesome wizard played by Mako, an inspiration to all magic-users everywhere.
>>
>>44729662
He was also in the last third of The Barbarian, and his appearance there doesn't require suffering through The Destroyer just for him.
And he's the guy who gave us that glorious opening monlogue.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QTwQkHJHAc
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.