[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Really? Can we not get worked up over what is obviously an honestly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: blm.jpg (62 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
blm.jpg
62 KB, 620x620
Really? Can we not get worked up over what is obviously an honestly understandable design decision and minor oversight?

And at the end of the day, it's Hasbro, Star Wars, and Monopoly. I have better reasons to be upset at Hasbro, and who honestly cares this much about Monopoly anymore.
>>
>>44710311
What do you want?
>>
>>44710311
>Brings up something literally nobody is currently discussing on /tg/ and starts off with "really, can we not get worked up?"

If you want to stir up shit, make a better effort.
>>
>>44710311
Whats your point?
>>
>>44710333

That's a very good question. After some thought, I'd have to say perhaps an industry and community that doesn't have to bring in J.J. of all people to participate in their shaming of some soulless corp that doesn't care, thinks before they react, and instead focuses their time and effort into creating and celebrating products that feature the ideas, concepts, and designs that they want to see produced?
>>
>>44710402

I don't want to stir up shit, I want to have a discussion, as is missing from /tg/ as you pointed out. It doesn't have to be negative, but discussion of industry events and news is worthwhile, instead of just harping on every open-ended post that isn't a MtG:G or quest.
Perhaps you could add something to the discussion instead of being antagonistic or making passive-aggressive statements like >>44710333
>>44710438
>>
>>44710444

mmmm, well this is 4chan so you might be in the wrong place for that
>>
>>44710311
What exactly the fuck are you talking about?

>>44710482
WHAT EXACTLY THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

sage for this stupid nonsense
>>
>>44710482
It's a shitty movie tie-in, what is there to discus?
>>
>>44710444
Internet shit stirrers don't represent the community though. They're only interested in legitimizing their own urge to cyberbully and are impossible to please because the thing they're whining about isn't their hobby, the whining is their hobby.

At Hasbro:
>So we'll have like, Rey, Han Solo, Kylo Ren and Finn, right?

>But what about Luke and stuff? We still have all these Luke Figures lying around. And like, shouldn't we have 2 evil guys and 2 good guys? -Why? Iunno, just seems like the thing to do. Besides, rey doesn't really go full jedi until the second movie so we can save her until the next edition of the monopoly game and then maybe retarded completionists will buy both? -I like the way you think. Bu there's only one bad guy in the movie, nobody cares about the space nazi guys. Hmmm, I guess we can just throw in Vader? -Eh, if we're throwing in young luke with a lightsaber, why the hell not?

And twitter immediately goes:
>It's clearly a deliberate attempt to marginalize women, RABBLERABBLERABBLE
>>
>>44710482
I wasn't being passive aggressive. I wasn't sure I'd you hated the monopoly or liked it or whatever.

You're a vague faggot.
>>
>>44710311
>>44710482
The problem, you fucking retard, is that nobody here cares so people don't know what the fuck it is you want to talk about, so your attempt to lure out feminist bogeymen has kind of fallen flat on it's face. See:
>>44710540
>WHAT EXACTLY THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

If you want to discuss something, MENTION WHAT IT IS IN THE OP instead of trying to be cryptic.
>>
>>44710605
Maybe he's being cryptic because this thread is actually a coded message. What if OP is actually spy trying to get in contact with his handlers buy posting threads containing pre-arranged codes so that his partners back at HQ can decipher them?

Who are you, OP? CIA? KGB? It was pretty clever of whoever came up with this plan, finding a way to justify browsing 4chan all day "In case Agent Anon tries to make contact".
>>
>>44710540
A++ Sage. Their was reactionary news about Rey not being included in the new Star Wars Monopoly as a female representative of the series, instead Hasbro selected the cast you see pictured as playing pieces (Vader and Luke because everything about TFA needs to be tied in to the original trilogy, Kylo, and then Finn because I guess it was a toss-up between race or gender). People you'd expect to be upset got upset, J.J. got called in to defend his Mary Sue, Hasbro will change the game in future printings, and the world continues to orbit the sun. There's some news articles you could easily google about it, but this is probably all you need to know.

>>44710560
So wait, is twitter or this thread shitstirring? Or am I the shitstirrer all along, anon?
But yeah that's probably exactly what happened at Hasbro; though I think the more obvious choice would've been a fourth character with a lightsaber at that point.
>>
>>44710660
This would explain SO MUCH SHIT
God I hope there's some broke-ass spy agency doing this right now
>>
>>44710311
>not including a main character in your shitty movie tie in
>understandable oversight

I could come at this from multiple angles but the real question is why would you EVER defend the soulless IP vulture that is Hasbro?
>>
>Can we not get worked up
I don't anyone is worked up at all. I am sure most of /tg/ literally doesn't care about Hasbro.
>>
>>44710311
PANCAKES!
>>
>>44710311
It's not even a normal version of Monopoly, it's like an alternate Monopoly Jr.-esque variant. This is a shitty team-based version that I think ends when all properties are bought. It's understandable Rey isn't included because it's a pre-film release board game and it's supposed to be the main people of the respective trilogies, which at the time was being hidden that Rey was the main protagonist. It'd only be reasonable to bitch Rey isn't in it if she wasn't in a normal Monopoly version with 6+ pieces, which I'm sure Hasbro was planning on making and including her in from the start.
>>
>>44713307

Rey will be available with the new DLC.
>>
>>44710311
>Caring about any iteration of Monopoly
>>
>>44710783
Your forgot the horsefuckers
>>
File: Blotcon.jpg (213 KB, 639x442) Image search: [Google]
Blotcon.jpg
213 KB, 639x442
>>44715529
Also fans of giant robots.
>>
>>44713399
What about the Landlord's Game?
>>
I read that they weren't supposed to make her yet because they weren't supposed to spoil her existence.
>>
>Monopoly

But, really, they only released it with four pieces? Don't we get more in the base game?
>>
>>44719184
It's the kids version. Smaller, less properties and pieces, so that games only go on for a few hours and not a few days.
>>
>>44710311
>PANCAKES
Come on OP.
>>
File: Mary-Sue.jpg (97 KB, 382x787) Image search: [Google]
Mary-Sue.jpg
97 KB, 382x787
Removing the worst character in the SW universe from a board game. Seems like it was planned by a smart man.

Seriously fuck Rey and her Mary Sue ass so much. I'd have rather had Jar Jar Binks as the main character than her.
>>
>>44710660

Oh fuck, he's onto us.

Trowser, trowser trowser. I say again: trowser, trowser, trowser.
>>
>>44719621
A spy agency so broke, they don't even know how to spell trousers. What's the matter, Somalia-I-A? Can't afford pants, lol?
>>
File: 1382248073223.jpg (27 KB, 451x232) Image search: [Google]
1382248073223.jpg
27 KB, 451x232
>>44710311
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! NO CAR!?
>>
>>44719740
You're missing the point. It's not about the word, it's about the mistake. The message is W.
>>
>>44710311
Simple problem, Hasbro was screwed from the beginning.

Game for four players.
Two old movies, two new movies.
Two good guys, two bad guys.
Most popular characters from the old movies; Luke and Vader.
One bad guy, one good guy, both from old movies.
Two new movie characters, one good, one bad.
Kylo Ren is a must, no other choice for new bad guy.

Now you find yourself in a catch22.

If you choose the black guy, feminists will lose their shit.

If you choose the girl, black people will lose their shit.

They chose the black guy since it was a product that is marketed for boys. It's a board game about Star Wars, boys will want it.

Knock it off with the bullshit gender neutral toy agenda, it's a product for little boys.

Could they have added more figures? Sure, but they probably didn't want to or they would have had to increase the cost and push it above the cost level they expected to make a profit at while hitting the most customers.

Fuck you tumblr.
>>
>>44725439
Alternatively, they could've went all in with TFA figures, and use Rey/Finn and Kylo Ren/Hux, which would've made everyone, even unpleaseable social media husks, happy and nobody would've given a crap
>>
>>44725485
That wouldn't have tapped into the nostalgia market enough. Notice how Luke is young and in his iconic black clothes, not as he was in the new movie? If it's tar Wars, you got to slap Luke on it somewhere
>Hux
Literally who? No one would recognize him nor would they care before seeing the movie. If they went for all TFW figures, they probably would have have used Phasma.
>>
>>44725485
>Kylo Ren/Hux

Ren / Phasma, complete with chrome.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.