[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fighter Build
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: EndHimRightly.jpg (177 KB, 1007x900) Image search: [Google]
EndHimRightly.jpg
177 KB, 1007x900
What fighter build should I create for a Lvl 10 dude in 3.5 DND so I can "End My Foes Rightly"?

For some more context, I need a meatshield so a caster can remain safe behind me.
>>
>>44708300
My fighters tend to be highly mobile so I can't really help much although if you want to be a meatshield you need some mobility so that enemies don't slip past you

Although that applies in pretty much any system Im not home though so I can't check my books.
>>
>>44708300

The ideal 3.5 fighter build is a cleric
>>
>>44711056

This. Though, you can make up for some cleric buffs,with phb 2 feats that cleric levels would not allow you to access.
>>
File: 1416573939630.jpg (64 KB, 501x667) Image search: [Google]
1416573939630.jpg
64 KB, 501x667
>>44711119
>This. Though, you can make up for some cleric buffs,with phb 2 feats that cleric levels would not allow you to access.

I'm not at all clear what you mean by this. Can you re-phrase that?

Regardless, cleric spells are better than the feats that you miss out on. There's just way more versatility. The buffs more than make up for lost BAB. Also, Divine Power is a 4th level spell that gives you fighter BAB, +6 str and temp hitpoints. A buffed cleric can also heal himself (which a fighter can't), nto that it's really optimal. Also, cleric's are not useless out of combat.
So just play a cleric.
>>
>>44708300
No. MMO-style tanking doesn't work in D&D unless your DM is a complete fucking idiot. Intelligent enemies - ie, the ones that pose any threat to a level 10 party - aren't going to target the heavily armored dude just because he's closer.
>>
>>44708300
Tome of Battle Crusader
>>
>>44712557

>There's this scrawny guy with a knife
>A nerd in cloth
>A faggot singing and playing a lute
>Then the seven foot three hulking brute in plate mail screaming bloody murder and swinging around a greatsword bigger than you are

Which is going to be your priority target for "OH GOD KILL IT?"
>>
>>44712741
The nerd in cloth. The worst the hulking brute can do is kill you, the nerd can do horrible things to your soul.
>>
>>44708300
Assuming you have about 50 000 gold as a level 10 character I'd suggest you buy about 5000 cows at 10 gold a piece and herd them between your casters and whoever you're fighting.
You would then have at a conservative estimate approximately 5 000 000 lbs of meatshield which should be enough for whatever you're dm is throwing at a level 10 party.
>>
>>44716160

or, hire 50 level 1 commoners and dress them in robes identical to the party wizard. then your enemies wont know who to kill!
>>
>>44708300
>End My Foes Rightly
You're going to need some sort of pommel throwing feat.
>>
>>44712741
I cast Grease. The hulk fails his save against it and falls over. It stops the rest of the party from moving.
All of them can fail the save as well.
Then I nuke ALL OF THEM.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.