[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looking back, is there anyone else that found this release actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 60030116001_CodexSkitarii01.jpg (63 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
60030116001_CodexSkitarii01.jpg
63 KB, 600x620
Looking back, is there anyone else that found this release actually quite disappointing? I mean, how many plastic kits actually are there? 5 or 6? And even then they had to sell it as THREE separate books (Skitarii, Cult and Knights) for maximum shekels.

>GW finally has the gumption to do AdMech
>basically everyone relevant from the Design Studio has either left or is in a figurehead role like Jervis Johnson, leaving the kids

I wonder how it might have worked out if people like Andy Chambers and Rick Priestley were still around when GW insisted that every army needed a Super-heavy and a flyer making.
>>
>>44707961
My main disappointment is that I always imagined the Skitarii as 30% high-tech, best-of-the-best soldiers looking like something out of a USMC recruitment ad made by Robert Heinlein, 10% special snowflake weird science Magos, and 60% robots and servitors.

But that's really a personal opinion thing.
>>
>>44708279

Well, they are still pretty damn elite compared to the Imperial Guard. Just not compared to Space Marines or Sisters.
>>
>>44708301
I was talking about aesthetics.
>>
>>44707961
>5 or 6?
rangers
infiltrators
dunecrawler
ironstrider

kataphron
kastellan
electropriests
techpriest

Even ignoring the dual kit nonsense (in basically every kit), you've got eight. Miniatures-wise, it was an excellent release.
>>
My biggest complaint is they took the cool independent character Electropriest from ancient 40k and turned him into a slow, weird assault unit.

An Electropriest is a quirky techno-kung fu master hq.

Units of Electropriests are fragile lunatics.
>>
>>44707961
I dunno, I thought it was pretty cool.
>>
>>44708374
I'm just upset they're terrible. Such nice models deserve better.
>>
>>44708322
>>44708279
Well if you for some reason imagine something to be completely different than it is portrayed in the fluff, you're bound to be pretty disappointed.

Where on earth did you get the usmc skitarii impression from?
>>
>>44708374
>>44708391
Post some pics for those who aren't up to date?
>>
File: electro priest.jpg (48 KB, 600x303) Image search: [Google]
electro priest.jpg
48 KB, 600x303
>>44708617
what, the modern miniatures? Just google 'em, m8

if you're talking about the older rules
>>
>>44707961
I do agree separating them into so many difrent codex's was a mistake
>>
>>44708585
Not a USMC impression, but rather they're like what the USMC marketing team presents. Fluffwise they're extremely well-equipped, highly trained, and are bionically augmented.
>>
>>44708970
> they're like what the USMC marketing team presents

What have you been smoking anon?
They're enhanced soldiers for the adeptus mechanicus, the superstitious machine-worshipping cult that's usually represented by crazy cyborg wizards with eclectic weapons and unique gadgets and gizmos. I don't see how they are anything flavour wise like the idea of USMC marines.

I mean, hell, fluff-wise the skitarii vary immensely from legion to legion according to the ideas and requirements of the individual magos.

Invicta Skitarii, as an example are geneboosted, heavily augmented techno-barbarians with modified fangs, brutal arm-guns, crazy melee weapons and bulging muscles.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.