[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Slime Time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 188
Thread images: 40
What does /tg/ think of slimes?

How are they handled in you campaign?

Would you ever play a sentient slime if you could?
>>
>>44707379
I want to play a slime that molests people and dissolves them, kind of like Urotsukidōji
>>
>>44707379
i remeber the idea of a slime lich.

You get attacked by the same slime along various adventures and at the end you realize that you had his phylacentrie in your backpack all tiem along.
>>
>>44707564
>It's a jar of vaseline
>>
>>44707379

PRAISE JUIBLEX!

Priest of Juiblex is fun. Your only real mandate is to sow chaos, and to propagate slimes. Which, so long as you're keeping them fed (making FEED ME SLUTS a commandment), they'll do all by their lonesome. Plus Evard's Black Tentacles as a SLA. What's not to love?
>>
File: 1447254965126.jpg (193 KB, 700x929) Image search: [Google]
1447254965126.jpg
193 KB, 700x929
>>44707379
I like them.

We haven't encountered them yet.

Yes, I would a slime girl.
>>
>>44707663
It didn't take very long for the inevitable slimegirl post I see.
>>
File: Zac.png (198 KB, 1100x750) Image search: [Google]
Zac.png
198 KB, 1100x750
>>44707834
As long as it's a demihuman slime I can play with a grappling focus, I'm golden.

Slimegirl or not.
>>
File: image.png (242 KB, 1324x1924) Image search: [Google]
image.png
242 KB, 1324x1924
>>44707379
>Would you ever play a sentient slime if you could?
Only relevant for a few sessions but does this count?
>>
>>44707379
>What does /tg/ think of slimes?
I like them

>How are they handled in you campaign?
Usually as low level enemies, occasionally higher level ones if they fit a themed dungeon

Yeah, sounds like it could be bit fun, depends on how it's handled

>>44707387
As long as it's not guroish, that sounds really really hot, ideally it'd be more assimilation than dissolving in my head though
I'd love to play in a game with that
Or have my PC fall victim to it

>>44707663
>Yes, I would a slime girl.
Who wouldn't?

>>44707869
Come to think of it, are there any slime races that you could play like that
>>
>>44707379
Think the Human Instrumentality Project from EVA.

Now think if it didn't go entirely right.
>>
Digestive fluid gel. Dissolves organics, grows proportional to the amount of undigestable material it consumes and preserves the undigested material until it is killed or forced to pass through openings the objects cannot fit through. Can only be killed by magic, potions and heat.

Can digest and utilize magic potions.
>>
File: 177677-slime.jpg (62 KB, 293x289) Image search: [Google]
177677-slime.jpg
62 KB, 293x289
What distinguishes a slime from a jelly?
>>
>>44709411
you dont eat slime
>>
>>44708742
>Come to think of it, are there any slime races that you could play like that
I don't know for D&D, since I don't play it. In Mutants and Masterminds, it's going to go into the next character I am going to play.
>>
>>
File: slime......man.gif (61 KB, 300x360) Image search: [Google]
slime......man.gif
61 KB, 300x360
I once played a slime man
We were playing in Eberron, although most of the settings special effects did not matter except to me and the artificer.
I used the "Living Spell" applied to the spell "Awaken" to create a sapient shapeshifting ooze. Despite the bonuses to being a slime man, he didn't have very good stats. His highest score was charisma because he was a slime sorcerer, even though he was raised by druids (the only class able to cast Awaken). He spent his early years living with a druid commune deep in the forest, and once his "mother" passed away, he decided to leave.
He wore clothing all over his body and wrapped up his skin to hide his ooze nature, but it was totally obvious he wasn't human.
Notable achievements:
Won a magical pair of boots that made you faster by arguing that the boots should go to whoever they fit better. Having amorphous feet, they were a perfect fit.
Although I had the ability to cast Awaken once a day, I never abused my power to create spontaneously sapient beings, except when the party's pet wyvern started acting up and I decided to talk with it instead of allow the other to continue to fail their animal handling checks.
It screeched "RAAAAAAaaa HOLY SHIT!" as it suddenly became a person instead of an animal.
>>
>>44710179
DnD is pretty good in that if there isn't one, you can make one. Pathfinder at least has two universal monster rules, amorphous and compression, than would represent a slime-like being pretty well when applied to a race. Add some bonuses for grappling and and resistance to slashing and piercing weapons, and some penalties to balance it out (probably low movement speed at least, as slimes typically can't move very fast).
>>
>>44710380
I'd rather have my slime person move fast, like Zac: he can fling himself for a few feet too and that gives him some good mobility.
>>
>>44708742
Pathfinder's Bestiary 4(?) has a monster that's a Small vaguely humanoid slime (it looks sort of like Flubber) that's convinced it's actually a member of a humanoid race, and can shapeshift into one as long as it's not exposed to sunlight. If you try to point out it's too small, it will stick its fingers in its ears and pretend it can't hear you.
>>
>>44710030
Ever heard of vore?
>>
>>44710613
More likely for slime to eat you.
>>
>>44710613
Heard of acid?
>>
>>44710233
>much better plot than twilight
>>
>>44710613
Heard the word?
>>
>>44710613
>YFW slimegirl waifu had lost a bunch of mass after taking too much damage and deceided to rest in your canteen
>YFW you find this out only after you drank her
>YFW after a bit of panic you realize she's fin, and actually finds your insides nice, cozy, and moist
>YFW she realizes she can stimulate your erogenous zones from inside and decides to tease you as you're walking down the road
>>
>>44710613
If you can eat it then clearly it isn't a slime but a jelly. Duh.
>>
>>44707379
My table has a slime aquatic race. Theyt're like giant cells, with a nucleus working as the brain.

They're only sentient when adult, adopt the culture, shape and outlooks of who raises them, no matter the race. Feral younglings become giant underwater amoebas.

They have giant sea anemones for towers with tentacle battlements, jellyfish ships, make kattars from conchs whose snails consume iron and use symbiotes for extra abilities.
>>
File: AC4U2.jpg (98 KB, 462x462) Image search: [Google]
AC4U2.jpg
98 KB, 462x462
>>44711131
>>
>>44711242
Mine. That ones mine.
>>
i would only play as a non-sentient slime
>>
File: slime.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
slime.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>
Once played a character that was sentient sea-slime that traveled around in an old-timey divers suit. Created valves on the gloves hands to allow a slime tentacle out for ranged attacks or creeping people the fuck out.

Wished to become a master chef but their palette was too different for the land dwelling party members to enjoy. Did end up cooking a meal for a lobster person dignitary that was highly praised.

Gamma World is such a great game
>>
>>44711661

Word.
>>
File: MagneticPutty1.gif (2 MB, 205x154) Image search: [Google]
MagneticPutty1.gif
2 MB, 205x154
>>44711528
Magnetic putty looks cool as hell. There totally should be a magnetic ooze creature in some game. Imagine one pulling some plate armour wearing guy into itself froma cross the room, like this.
>>
File: magnetic-putty2.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
magnetic-putty2.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>44711908
Posting more magnetic putty gifs.
>>
File: magnetic-putty4.gif (1 MB, 300x197) Image search: [Google]
magnetic-putty4.gif
1 MB, 300x197
>>44711939
That's all I have (picture 3 was too big to fit).
>>
>>44707379
I personally find them interesting as the explanations for how they work is very open to interpretation.

In the most recent campaign I was in which was very MtG Ravnica based our only encounter with slimes was when the Simic were researching the effects of Cytoplasm on oozes when the experiment reached out of the vat it was kept in and assimilated one of the researchers, who we were then hired to track down, and who even later became a friendly NPC that crashed at our place after her existential crisis.

Depends on what the slime has going for it. In most cases I'd say yes, but if it comes with a drawback as detrimental as "due to the digestive nature of the slime, anything it remains in contact with dissolves after X time" then I'm going to have to be sold on it.
>>
>>44711131
I just got my first actually weird fetish, thank you
>>
>>44711908
Magnetic Ooze depending on composition may just end up as food for rust monsters
>>
>>44709411
Viscosity and Jigglyness
>>
>>44712385

Congratulations on your first!

Here's to many more!
>>
>>44712385
>first actually weird fetish
That's some strong self control there. Ever since I got here its been a spiralling descent into weirdness. And it all started with a curious look into Thri-Kreen erotica.

Granted I still have some standards, and there are a few fetishes I will never get into to at all.
>>
They spook me. Only seen then a few times, we usually just ran away. I don't think I'd play, but one game a player played an ooze mage I think it's called? She could control slimes and turn into one, which was kind of neat but also seemed a little magical realm.
>>
>>44712553

That sounds hella magical realm, but it also actually sounds like an interesting mechanical concept. Was it homebrew, or is there a splat (pun!) that covers that stuff?
>>
In an Eberron game I played a goblin alchemist/artificer that made themselves a Luigi Mansion type vacuum pack. Acid resistant leather armor and a pet burbur.

He would trap slimes and store them in portable holes inside the vacuum only to spray them later as an attack.

Died when a daelkyr shattered the vacuum and released a slimebomb. Basically 20 or so slimes of various types all released at once. Nearly TPKd party while severely injuring daelkyr and killing several mindflayers and mooks
>>
File: melona.jpg (119 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
melona.jpg
119 KB, 500x281
All this talk of slimes and not a single person has posted the best slime?

I am disappoint.
>>
OH YES.
I had been playing around with the idea of slime-men. Lately me & my group have been running a couple of sessions of Dawn of World to establish our next campaign's world (well, more like continent, as we will be playing Spanish conquistadors arriving to an America that's very different from ours). So I created a slime-men racen.

Meet the Uubians. They are a race of slime-people. They most often take the form of an humanoid blob, but can shrink down to a puddle or become bigger for a while. Their slime can harden to the same level as a flesh and bone human's body (enough for them to use tools, or even punch), or they can be gelatinous and soft. Uubians are slow, but they are quite tough and it takes a heavy blow to injure them.Their biggest strength as a race is healing magic.

They are individually sentient, but there's a sort of Hive Mind that guides them around and drives them to do things that might seem strange to other races. Suddenly, out of nowhere, hundreds of these slimes congregate to do a particular thing.

Slime-people reproduce asexually. Simply, they'll know "their time has come", retreat to their preferred sanctuary, and split into two new slimes. The original personality will have disappeared, but the new slimes will retain some subconscious traits of the old one.

Although the vast majority of them are pilgrims wandering the land, there are a couple of settlements of slime-people. They even have a king: Buowowlow the Wise.

Thoughts?
>>
>>44712628
I think it was an online supplement? She didn't have a book for it but the DM helped her out with it. A little digging, and I think it was called Oozemaster?

The character had her ups and downs, as well as magical and non magical share.
>>
>>44712423
Clearly there's some kind of dungeon ecosystem in lace here. Adventurers eiminating the rust monster population may lead into a sudden magnetic ooze population explosion as their natural predators got killed off, which could cause all sorts of problems.
>>
>>44712737
elaborate on the goals of the hive mind and why healing magic is naturally their biggest strength
>>
>>44712628
I'd say the magicalness depends heavily on how the character was played. Just having control over oozes and being able to take an ooze form doesn't strike me as inherently more magical than, say, being able to control undead and take an undead form, but if you go full slimegirl absorption/vore mode then it's pretty magical.

I kow there are some homebrew classes related to oozes, and I have a feeling there is an official one somewhere (something connected to Juiblex, the demon prince of slimes).
>>
>>44712793
The hive mind's a bizarre alien thing. It comes from the time there was only just one slime, subconsciously a part of that original personality manifests on all the slimes. I guess it's kind of like Tzeench from WH40k in that it makes plans with no discernible end goal. Suddenly these guys might turn up to heal the monarch of Kingdom X who's deathly ill. Tomorrow they might sign up for Kingdom Y's army, trying to take over X. Or maybe twenty slime-men just find each other "by chance" in a forest and have a feast.

Healing is why they're still around: they're not extremely good at fighting (compared to other races in the setting, basically the Charrs from GW2, a race of aggresive humanoid cockroaches...), so they've taken the ways of peace for the most part. Although their mannerisms are strange and their goals unclear, and that makes the other races uneasy, they are (mostly) left unharmed because they're pretty damn good healers and often peaceful.
>>
>>44712749

Found it, I think. Masters of the Wild, oozemaster PrC. Requires 3rd level arcane or divine spellcasting, ranks in alchemy and swim, and Great Fortitude. Middling BAB, good Fort save, d8 hitdice. You pick minor and major varieties of ooze, and you get a touch and ranged splash weapon attack of that type along with immunity to that type of ooze. Capstones with immunity to flanking, poison, sleep, paralysis, stunning, mind-influencing shit, and polymorph other, but +1 spell progression every other level from character level five onwards sounds rough.

Also, you can apparently squeeze yourself into a space one inch wide with four levels in the class. Take that how you will.
>>
File: slimes.webm (301 KB, 640x449) Image search: [Google]
slimes.webm
301 KB, 640x449
>>44713164
>Also, you can apparently squeeze yourself into a space one inch wide with four levels in the class. Take that how you will.
>>
File: suu is for hugging.gif (845 KB, 540x570) Image search: [Google]
suu is for hugging.gif
845 KB, 540x570
>>44712690
>best slime
That's not Suu
>>
>>44713164
I think that's it yeah, the character could fit through tight spots like that.
>>
>>44713164
>Take that how you will
While I can certainly see how this could be really power-gamey (escape artist checks to jump into an orc's ass ring a bell?) or magical realm-y (escape artist checks to jump into an orc's ass ring a bell?) I think it's intended to be used to squeeze under locked doors or to lie in wait for an ambush.

Looking into it it looks like the PrC is designed around being a little bit more of a melee wizard and sacrifices spells for more melee prowess. Which of course would only make a 3.5 wizard weaker. That said playing an ooze caster sounds like it could be really fun with the right party dynamic.
>>
>>44713295

Funnily enough, the description for Malleability (aforementioned squeezing ability) specifically says that you can't expand inside a space that offers any resistance-I think the writers had heard of the aforementioned ass-assin incident. Though this might also indicate that, if you were quick enough, you could potentially trap an oozemaster in a jar, which sounds hilarious.
>>
File: Blum.png (1 MB, 1183x2671) Image search: [Google]
Blum.png
1 MB, 1183x2671
There are slime girls in my setting, and one of the player characters is a slime.
Most of them are mindless, basically zombies in terms of intelligence, though about one in five hundred keep their intelligence when assimilated.
There are also many types, which I basically ripped from an old flash game called Amorphous+
Green are basic, Yellow are sticky, Blue can make parts of their body sharp, Orange are highly corrosive ect.
>>
>>44713546
If I am not mistaken, while the oozemaster can alter their form and such, they can't decrease to less than their overall "mass" so say they're 150 lbs, you wouldn't be able to fit 150 lbs of slime into a jar even if you compressed it. A big pot or something though, could work.
>>
>>44713718
Well, that depends more on density doesn't it?

Sure, 150 lbs of water isn't going into any jar a man could reasonably carry around with him, but what about 150 lbs of liquid lead?
>>
>>44713164
Spell progression at every other level screws up a lot of neat caster PrCs. The benefits might be nice but since casting spells is the main point of being a caster a prestige class that is worse at casting spells than the standard class is pretty bad.

Same problem the Pale Master (necromancy-based caster PrC) had in Neverwinter Nights, although the weird part about that is that the tabletop version of the class does have a full spell progression.
>>
File: gish.jpg (141 KB, 1050x550) Image search: [Google]
gish.jpg
141 KB, 1050x550
>>44707379
>>
>>44712690
>>44707387
>TFW no fapbait and predatory(in both the sexual meaning and not) slimegirl party member who delights in pulling her prey into her body, molesting and tentacle raping them before she absorbs them
>TFW she will never "joke" about wanting to eat the rest of the party too, lovingly describing exactly what she'll do to them if given the chance
>>
I've never played a slime, but I have played a sapient colony of nanomachines whose base form was amorphous. Does that count?
>>
>>44712553
>>44712628
Elaborate by what you mean it seems magical realm please, that doesn't seem that bad to me
>>
>>44707387
>>44713164
>>44714260
I kinda want to make a slimegirl class that's built around grappling, engulfing, and absorbing targets, anyone got ideas?
>>
>>44714532
see
>>44714569
>>
File: Blenno (Species).pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Blenno (Species).pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44714569
Here's one for Fantasy Craft.
>>
>>44714715
Didn't really get a vore vibe from what he described, just a slimegirl one and wondered what the problem was with that

>>44714721
Thanks, unfamiliar with fantasy craft but I'll give it a look over in a bit
>>
File: shoggoth.jpg (158 KB, 960x481) Image search: [Google]
shoggoth.jpg
158 KB, 960x481
>>44714715
You just have to emphasize the slime a little bit more than the girl.
>>
>>44712811
She played it pretty well I think, just a grimy, disheveled sorceress from a swamp region. Kept to herself and her dirty habits went hand in hand with her descent into a full on slime woman. Got a little magical when a guy tried to rape her and she ended up just melting and absorbing him, though I count that as a bad move on the DM to have laid that situation out to begin with. Most of the time she just appeared as human as she could till someone grabbed or attacked her. And of course, times where being made of slime would help, like sneaking into a place with the rogue, or hiding contraband inside her body and getting frisked like everyone else but the contraband not being found.
>>
>>44714569
Making an entire class around that might be difficult. Maybe a prestige class like >>44713164
except not requiring to be a caster and gaining slime-like traits as you level up. Start with a grappling-focused class with affinity with slimes and oozes, and at higher levels you start becoming sticky, gain resistance against acid damage, can alter your shape to a degree etc. Eventually you turn into a full-on slime being with all the ooze traits and immunities, as well as ability to engulf grappled opponents and deal damage to them.
>>
>>44715346
Yeah, prestige class is what I meant, should have been more specific, and I was thinking grapple bonus with touch damage with some other ooze like traits mixed in and getting a scaling swallow whole mid way through with the capstone pretty much being "you are a slime that likes being in the shape of a man/woman"
>>
>>44707379
I included slimes a good deal in my last campaign as livestock to be farmed in coastal and wetland areas. All slimes essentialy acted like amphibious jellyfish and grew by absorbing organic waste from the water around them and reproduced by mitosis. Slimes would look different and exhibit different behaviour dependant on the environment they lived in. Eg a common marsh slime would be small, of a murky brown colour and would mostly subsist off organic waste in solution and small animals/plant matter they happened to absorb and digest. A cave slime would be much larger and tougher having to adapt to absorbing only large and more infrequent prey.
common slimes could be easily farmed by fencing off an area of wetland and digging a few extra pools and feeding them with normal farming fertilizer. Slimes could then be extracted, dried over a fire on a special pan to produce 'slime gel' (a la terraria). The raw gel could then be burned as an alternative to animal fat and producing almost smokeless flames or could then go through a further tanning process to convert it into a kind of rubbery 'leather'. The colour, texture and pliability of the 'leather' would be determined by the chemicals used during the tanning process. This 'slime leather' could be used in any way normal leather could be used and even more besides that.

I wanted sentient slimes (slime girls) as well but thought that would be too 'magical realm'.
>>
>>44715711
>wanted sentient slimes (slime girls) as well but thought that would be too 'magical realm'.
Depends on what you're planning for them, but I wouldn't bat an eye in most cases
>>
>>44711976

That seems like a good idea for a fantasy creature. A magnetic putty slime that is attracted to metal. It's usually deep in caves eating ore veins or in abandoned castles raiding the armory.

When it meets players it's violently attracted to the players armor or weapons. (The most metallic if they're all close together.) It latches on to the player, dissolving their armor and weapons, also hurting the plater in the process.

It'd be neat.
>>
>>44712509

My man,

Once you go Thri-Kreen you never go back.
>>
What would /tg/ think of a slime that can mimic their shape, or the shape of any creature it sees? Like, if they're a knight, it mimics them, their armor, their shield, and their weapon, in slime. It even fights like them, though the sword is, maybe, too flexible, it just kinda punches, with reach, using the shield, and it doesn't cut, just bludgeons.

Add to it, the body's sticky, and hardens, like ceramic, when exposed to fire.

Would this thing be interesting to see in a campaign?
>>
>>44718912
>Would this thing be interesting to see in a campaign?
I could see it working
>>
>>44711171
>giant underwater amoebas
Reminds me of the Leviathan
>>
>>44718912
Sooooo basically Ditto?
>>
Yes.
>>
>>44719062
I rever read this book, but I'm curious. Could you elaborate, please?
>>
>>44713205
Middle Finger of Vecna released a Sorcerous bloodline that is tastey. Slimy sorcerer.
>>
>>44721182
There's a massive pyramid-shaped single-celled organism that's been growing in size since the dawn of time at the bottom of the ocean.

The book's... kind of hard to explain.
>>
>>44707379
>What does /tg/ think of slimes?
They're okay.
>How are they handled in you campaign?
Depends on the setting.
Heck yes.
>>
I love slimes. One of my favorite creature types.
My campaign has featured shoggoth servants of dark cultists. Tekeli-li..
And I would absolutely play a sentient slime.
>>
>>44713820
I think he's implying that it might be difficult to keep a jar intact with 150 lbs of slime inside, regardless of its area. Though, I'm not sure of the true tensile strength of the jar you're referring to.
>>
I had an idea for a campaign centered around slimes
basically a kingdom is overrun with green slimes, they are fairly harmless and easy to kill but there is slime everywhere, people have to shovel the roads every day like after a heavy snow and everyone is sick of it, so the king sends adventurers to the forest where all the slimes are coming from, as the party gets closer to the center of the forest the slimes would of course be stronger, I'm thinking maybe they'd start having rocks and stuff in them maybe taking on a humanoid form like some kind of slimy golems, in the center of the forest is a cave and the source of the slime is a dragon with a cold
>>
File: Slyth Revival 1.0.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Slyth Revival 1.0.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Anyone play D&D 5e?
>>
>>44707379
>>44707379
I have played eight.

Among the kind i have played i used an Ozodrin, the Half-Slime and Slime Child races, oozemaster and slime lord classes, the awaken slime template, and hand waveing that my level 30 touhou ripoff party Member with alter reality made me as a sex slave.

>>44708742 I have also played a slime cleric and slime trainer in the anime d20 system, but both of those where rather terible powerwise, in died rather quick.

The bad thing about slime is at higher levels grappeling is eather underwelliming with out powergaming, so viable slime builds tend to be charisma based sorcerers.

As you can tell, I have draged my party well within my magical realm.
>>
>>44724890
>and hand waveing that my level 30 touhou ripoff party Member with alter reality made me as a sex slave.
Go on

>As you can tell, I have draged my party well within my magical realm.
Go on
>>
>>44725544
this
>>
>>44725544
>I was a living spell, based on a combined Mirror Walking and a higher level version of flesh to glass spell, I forgot the name. I could use mirror walking with out making a "good" version of me, and instead the duplicate would be of the victims I pulled in.

The dm ruled that the duplicates I made couldn't worship my touhou master to count to her god score. Instead, if I had already turned them in to glass before pulling then in, then I would get control over their mind. Once they were on the plane of mirrors, I could brainwash them in to glass elementals that worshiped my master, in between me makeing a giant piles of them haveing sex that me and her visited.

I had more planned for us, but found out I had to leave the group for a while because irl. We had a that guy in our group that was power gaming to the point he was basically the god emperor. Lets call him big E. The dm loved how insane the game was, but was annoyed that big E was so ahead of everyone that he couldn't scratch him with out risking wipeing the party. He wanted him to die at least once (he had nine lifes), and knew I could be a "that guy" and asked If I could troll him My last game.

The reason i picked my class was my fetish for mirrors/liquid glass/slimes based magic, but it also let me use martial manovers. A stance it had let me add my grapple score to my use rope, then add my modifyed use rope back to my grapple, giveing me a total of ~+12000 to grapple with my items and help i was geting from a lich.

I had a truly infinite rope, and a perk to use a weapon to graple at a distance, and could count ropes as whips. I had the lich help me get the rope tied around the planets moon and stood by the portal to the planet, when bin E came out of the portal, I rolled to pin the moon.

This happening in the course of 6 seconds, the impact volocity killed me, one of big E's lifes, and a cunck of the planet.
>>
>>44712509
>there are a few fetishes I will never get into to at all

that's what they always say
>>
>>44726043
>All this nonsensensical strings of words and random events
>>
>>44726043
>the slime that lassoed the moon for its heroic sacrifice
That's nuts. I love it.
>>
I'd play a slime that needs its visible core to maintain control over its subordinates. When the core is lost, the collective falls to the whim of the strongest will- which is likely to be a subordinate that had enough of playing second fiddle.

Something unusual for a core would be a piece of paper showing a kid's drawing of her and her father. The kid would be the mastermind.
>>
A race of lonely sapient algae blobs who make masks go themselves and try to get to get human senpai to notice them
>>
File: You Suu Jelly.gif (2 MB, 480x260) Image search: [Google]
You Suu Jelly.gif
2 MB, 480x260
>>44707379
Of fracking course!!!

>>44707869
>As long as it's a demihuman slime I can play with a grappling focus, I'm golden.
>Slimegirl or not.
Probably the best bit about demi-human slimes, being able to shift your mass around a bit means you can be as feminine or masculine as you want!

>>44708742
>Come to think of it, are there any slime races that you could play like that
I found a "Slimechild" homebrew for a 3.5 ERP...

http://dungeons.wikia.com/wiki/Slime_Child_(3.5e_Race)

>>44708891
>Think the Human Instrumentality Project from EVA.
>Now think if it didn't go entirely right.
AND THUS HUMANITY BECAME TANG GIRLS!!!

>>44712385
>I just got my first actually weird fetish, thank you
...But you didn't roll...

>>44713219
>That's not Suu
Indeed...
>>
>>44728677
>...But you didn't roll...
He already failed, why would he roll again?
>>
>>44724436
>Anyone play D&D 5e?
Interesting. I'd reduce the base walking speed and clarify or otherwise elaborate on "carry items that fit" and maybe reduce the Con bonus to +1, but it's interesting.
>>
>>44730689
5th edition racial bonuses are generally +2 to one stat and +1 to another.
>>
>>44730715
Generally, yes. Various races from the Unearthed Arcana, such as Warforged, only obtain +1 in two stats, however.

Really, I'd just work out the details with the player in question if they brought me that as part of their character concept.
>>
>>44728677
>slime girl
>breast expansion

MUH /d/ICK!
>>
>>44728677
>Probably the best bit about demi-human slimes, being able to shift your mass around a bit means you can be as feminine or masculine as you want!

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

You should still crush your keyboard asap.
>>
>>44711131
>YFW she doesn't want to use the proper exit
>YFW she keeps stimulating for as long as it takes to get out the front way
>>
>>44733813
>Not your slime waifu clamping down right as you're about to cum from inside your dick
>Not her whispering from inside your ears that she has a fun and rather kinky idea
>Not her spending the next week whispering about how attractive various other women (and some guys are)
>Not her teasing you whenever you're around an attractive female, stimulating you more and more until you're ready to burst
>Not her pushing you to get with slime waifu's best friend, the qt rogue girl you've been eyeing every now and then
>Not her overstimulating you when you manage to convince her to come up to your room one night
>Not spending the whole night emptying your balls into the rogue qt, with the parts of your waifu you manage to cum out joining in, stimulating both you and the rogue into a night of ecstasy
>Not finding out later this whole thing was a scheme by slime waifu to get her best friend laid by a guy she trusts
>>
>>44728677
>Probably the best bit about demi-human slimes, being able to shift your mass around a bit means you can be as feminine or masculine as you want!
Fuck, why has that never occurred to me?
>>
File: slime_creature_by_myrdah trans.png (395 KB, 1017x1017) Image search: [Google]
slime_creature_by_myrdah trans.png
395 KB, 1017x1017
>>44707379
I love slimes, I love them so much I made OPs pic into a roll 20 token with full transparency
>>
>>44707869

I'd let him do ANYTHING to me.

>tfw no muscular slimeman bf to pound my ass while I'm held down by his slime, constantly shifting more mass into his slime dick making it larger and larger until I can barely hold it anymore

Why even live
>>
>>44728658
>TFW no adorable slimeshota trying to get you to notice him
>>
>>44707379
So, no one else has any ideas for slimes?
>>
>>44740465
All I can think of us lewd ones (lubricating, seminal, warming, tingling, etc).
>>
>>44740954
That is fine
>>
>>44740465
Non hostile slime that are extremely bouncy and absorb impacts incredibly well, can be used for fire escapes from tall buildings.

Hot spring slime that have evolved to give off enough heat to continue to heat their pool of water long after the main source of warmth has gone.

Chameleon slime that blend into the backgrounds of any place they venture.

Forge slag slimes, only created by quenching your heated blades from the furnace in slime oil.

Cooking oil slimes, only develop in greasy, unclean kitchens.

Sand slimes, the least gelatinous, comprised mostly of sand they are almost entirely undetectable in Sandy environments.

Blood slime, almost never found anywhere but under graveyards, never more then one. In one place.
>>
>>44741100
Would it be safe to theorize that slimed are in fact the result of any kind of gel-like puddle or pool becoming possessed by a lesser spirit or demon?
>>
>>44741147
I think it's a small bacteria that is unquestionably able to develop in thousands of different environments because of its genetic and physical flexibility.
>>
>>44715711
Why did I get a mental image of Netch from this?
>>
>>44719062
>Or Shoggoths
But I think those have shown up already
>>
>>44740465
Artificially made bed/sleeping bag/personal hygiene slimes.
>>
>>44740465

I was playing with an idea for a setting where slimes were originally thought to be this incredibly diverse Kingdom of life living in all but permanently frozen environments, only to have it turn out that no all slimes were fundamentally the same. They just adapt themselves to whatever environment they find themselves in.

So the tiny, saprophagous slimes that live off of leaf litter, the massive rare shoggoths, the sentient slimes who wind up doing all the jobs where you're at high risk of being crushed or smashed are the same basic stuff that altered itself to find a meal in a particular niche.

What they actually are, and why they actually are is the subject of intense speculation. If the slimes know, they aren't telling.

I was trying to develop them as something very different. They reproduce by either binary fission or blending into each other and dividing by four or more. Given that the 'children' contain all of the 'parent' experiences, they don't see it as one slime dying or another slime being born. Every slime is as old as all slimes. They'd be kind of Taoist in a sense; they view most categories humans have for things as abstractions from reality.

Problems are, I don't know if this is interesting to anyone else but me (my ideas usually aren't) and some of them would really get off on absorbing a human into their protoplasm so this could just be further smoke screens for the magical realm.
>>
>>44740465
cuddle buddies
>>
>>44741422
It has potential, I think
>>
>>44741422

Some other thoughts, slimes being 'sentient' is a relatively new phenomenon. Basically they started communicating around the same time the first large settlements. So nomadic hunter gatherers will never encounter a sentient slime. Wheras once humans (and other sentient races) start creating an ecology where they can get a meal by agreeing to do things for people, slimes start 'talking'.

If pressed on the point many slimes will deny their own sentience. Arguing that Descartes (or equivalent) was wrong, whatever mechanism that allowed slimes to become sentient could have created the illusion of sentience to add verisimilitude, and they have no way of verifying if their internal narrative is truly in control of their actions or a byproduct of the interaction of other forces. The slime would probably then politely suggest that as you hired them to clean the gutters it's your money you're wasting.

Despite this distressingly well balanced view of life, slimes do have some fairly basic and not so basic needs. Again, since they are all at least twins with another slime, and are 'born' with a full set of memories, they will often crave novelty and experience, as having different experiences is the only way they can differentiate themselves enough to reproduce. Okay... I didn't know where that sentence was going, but that could be neat. Slimes reproduce not after a set amount of time but after a certain amount of differentiation from their 'siblings', which can only be had by changing and being changed by your environment. There will be very very old slimes (in human reckoning) that try not to divide, and others that are trying to do as much as possible. A consequence of the reproduction being linked to mental states is that slimes tend to become deeply obsessed with certain things. This drive for novelty would also help drive them to adventuring.
>>
>>44741384
There are not enough construct slimes and in any setting
>>
>>44744279
What about a slime that is basically a living bean bag/massage chair?
>>
>>44740465

Radiation slime

It wandered into the power core of the ancient, lost civilization and now there are a bunch of radioactive slimes wandering around that manage to reproduce slightly faster than they are popping like balloons.
>>
Elemental slime?

I had the idea because a Cleric player used to ride inside her water elemental as like a moving bean bag.

Maybe like Magma slimes, or salty slimes, or even lighter than air slimes
>>
File: 1345227318656.png (135 KB, 364x336) Image search: [Google]
1345227318656.png
135 KB, 364x336
>>44714260
>no fapbait
>>
>>44747016
>I had the idea because a Cleric player used to ride inside her water elemental as like a moving bean bag.
For some reason I really like the idea of a young merman mage/cleric exploring the surface world ridding within a gigantic tame slimegirl
>>
>>44747037
I don't quite get what you're trying to say
>>
>>44740954
So, slimegirls?
>>
File: goo.jpg (210 KB, 1280x1313) Image search: [Google]
goo.jpg
210 KB, 1280x1313
>>44740954
Lacking dedicated organs for the purpose, slimes consider all bodily contact to be lewd.
>>
File: teminator.gif (2 MB, 340x255) Image search: [Google]
teminator.gif
2 MB, 340x255
>>
File: 1445062889281.png (406 KB, 1130x1600) Image search: [Google]
1445062889281.png
406 KB, 1130x1600
>>44730835
That's not the only thing she can do!

>>44736464
>Fuck, why has that never occurred to me?
I don't know honestly...
Inherent shapeshifting is kinda one of the big perks of being a Slime.
>>
>>44754643
Shapeshifting makes intelligent slimes quite a ridiculously dangerous foe...

>Can change form and mass of many parts of the body, wich means that with some practice could make instant rams, soft hammers, water jets tentacles and other usefull stuff, and use every form of adventurer equipment.

>In many cases have a high capacity of corrosion.

>Can divide into more than one, in thesis never being alone (only if they want)

The only problem I can see is that there is hardly a way to conceal they are a slime, and even so there would be a lot of people wo woudnt care until you tried to eat them.
>>
File: 1445209539300.gif (469 KB, 540x304) Image search: [Google]
1445209539300.gif
469 KB, 540x304
>>44754999
>Shapeshifting makes intelligent slimes quite a ridiculously dangerous foe...
Indeed, though TOTAL mass is a limitation in two of those cases; A person sized mass of Slime has a finite amount of volume they can spread around, so stretching and dividing have limits.

In the one ERP I was going to play that Slime Child race, I actually played up the Corrosiveness as a DISADVANTAGE; While dissolving clothing is helpful for lewdness, passively eating through wooden floors and other organic objects can be quite the pain in day to day living.
>>
>>44755251
You just need to add more mass. Or know what to do with finite mass, a human sized slime would have a lot of it.

>passively dissolving

Just make everything metal, slimes rarely can dissolve metal.

>no one knew why slime-chan lived in house made of tin... until someone gifted her a woodem chair.
>>
>>44753870
Wouldn't that mean, EVERYDAY every slimegirl would have multiple cumies each day?
>>
>>44756374
Depends on if any contract or just skin contact gets them off
>>
You are turned into a sentient slime

Whats the first thing that you do?
>>
>>44761611
Fiddle around with shapeshifting, actually panic is the first thing I'd do, fiddle around with shapeshifting comes next
>>
>>44761611
As you bumped it from 10 page...
Change my form to a more feminine one after the initial panic of being turned into jello.
>>
I always wanted to fuse a skeleton and a Slime into one enemy to challenge my players

What kind of combo stats would it get?

Also do you guys have any other ideas for slime combos?
>>
File: 1427519800008.jpg (80 KB, 570x523) Image search: [Google]
1427519800008.jpg
80 KB, 570x523
>>44761710
>Change my form to a more feminine one after the initial panic of being turned into jello.
Muh Anon!
>>
File: dress1.jpg (76 KB, 534x746) Image search: [Google]
dress1.jpg
76 KB, 534x746
>>44761896
I think I would try to be more solid tho, make some slime clothes or use latex and dress something like pic related. If I am the corrosive type, I would go full retard and use a metal dress, fuck that. I dont want to digest people around.
>>
>>44761710
ditto
>>
File: 132Ditto.png (113 KB, 431x431) Image search: [Google]
132Ditto.png
113 KB, 431x431
>>44763367
>Slime thread
>Ditto
ayy
>>
>>44761767
>What kind of combo stats would it get?
Not much I guess, 3.5 skeletons have CR-1/3

I would make it a necrotic slime doing undead damage. Place it inside the ribcage like a mohrg to use the skeleton as an "armor" to justify a little of "bone" DR or something like that

>any other ideas for slime combos?
Slime tarrasque. The ultimate enemy. The world ender
>>
>>44761767
Not really a combo per se, but having a subterranean tomb-city's inner chamber guarded by a slime-moat (like that one Chinese mercury moat) would be pretty cool. That and some kind of slime-breathing dragon.
>>
>>44762111
Is it bad my first thought when reading your post is to try being a slime dress and finding some qt and/or kinky girl to wear you?

>>44764658
>Slime tarrasque.
There's a Gelatinous creature template in Savage species, it lowers speed and AC a bit and lowers all stats but con but makes it's attacks deal extra acid damage and gives a host of immunties, it's not really good for the Tarrasque

Anyone know of a better slime/ooze template?
>>
By sheer coincidence, my 5e group did a session today where we met a sentient, benevolent slime that guided us through a dungeon and helped us escape a flooding dungeon, then floated off to have fun adventures of his own

Never played any game with a slime like that before. Lots of fun
>>
>>44765758
>slime dress
That's an good idea anon! The only problem would be that I might just not only try to do lewd stuff with her, but to control her every movement. Meh, might as well put something over her mouth to talk instead of my wearer too...
>>
>>44765892
I'm more into the idea of being worn them controlling her, but teasing her sounds fun

Sort of having flashbacks to an old series of smut about a slimegirl and guy where she often have "fun" with him making him wear her, Think it was called "it's always time" or something like that
>>
>>44765892
>Slime bondage gear
Starting to remind me of the old idea I had for a story I never wrote, you have any other similar ideas I could throw in if I ever get around to doing so?
>>
>>44737221
You must be jealous of Riven then
>>
File: Slime reincarnated.png (289 KB, 737x1024) Image search: [Google]
Slime reincarnated.png
289 KB, 737x1024
>>44761611
I become the ultimate predator.
>>
>>44765950
It's just oppinnion, I like to control people, could end into funny situations.

>>44768888
All I can think is how these tentacled clothes work in hentai. And also some way to shape the person inside a bit by squeezing parts of the body.
>>
There was a sentient slime colony in one if the Civs as an ally to a pack of sentient ghouls and mushroom men.

Slimes were like tar and preferred to stay in mostly perfect spheres to travel. Telepathic they were starting to place portions of themselves in various villages to provide a telepathic phone network. Could spawn billiards sized eyeballs for recon and conversing. Blood enemies of Aboleths
>>
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 600x860) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 600x860
>>44765950
"It's Always Time" indeed. There's also a living latex goo girl / solid girl couple, although they don't show up in the first act.

http://oblimo.pbworks.com/w/page/5537656/IAT-Cover-Page
>>
>>44771507
Thanks, I really enjoyed that one, though it went odd with the backstory if memory serves
>>
>>44771507
Bump so this'll be easy to find when I get home
>>
>>44768930
What is this from?
>>
Slime bump
>>
>>44775961
Shitty nip light novel where the MC is sent to a fantasy world, reincarnates as a slime, and immediately becomes massively OP
>>
File: Slimed.jpg (37 KB, 628x363) Image search: [Google]
Slimed.jpg
37 KB, 628x363
I've been meaning to ask this of /tg/ for a while, and this thread seems a fine place.
I have been working on my setting for a while, which began it's infancy as a bastardized Forgotten Realms.
I've since merged and removed a number of races.
It occurred to me recently that I completely forgot slimes, oozes, and other gelatinous races, intelligent or not.
As such, they don't really have a niche in my world.
Have I erred?
Should I try to find a place for them?

I usually try to reference original lore for my races, but I'm not sure where to start with slimes.
>>
the upcoming Mortasheen rpg has Slimes as a beginner or starter type monster for fresh Mon trainers.
http://www.bogleech.com/mortasheen/slime.htm

There's also an endoskeleton for slimes
http://www.bogleech.com/mortasheen/oozoid.htm

An exoskeleton for slimes
http://www.bogleech.com/mortasheen/oozonaut.htm

And a hagfish vampire that controls a slime body acting like a core
http://www.bogleech.com/mortasheen/hagmire.htm
>>
>>44784675
I love the slimes flavor-text

>Every geneticist can remember their first slime. The crudest and simplest monsters to cultivate, these ambulatory, omnivorous tissue colonies have a staggering array of practical applications, widely utilized as cleaning solvents, food additives, exfoliating facial masks, paradermal necraphoid disruptors and occasionally hats.
>>
>>44784675
Is that even coming out?
I checked out that site a long time ago and it just seemed to be some guy's ideas and nothing else
>>
>>44784906
Apparently it's getting close to shipping. Just taking forever since Cat Powered Raygun is a 3 person team I guess.

Artist is still pumping out monsters for the inevitable expacs
>>
File: GuildSymbol_Simic_Color.png (76 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
GuildSymbol_Simic_Color.png
76 KB, 400x400
>>44707379
> I love them, they are my favorite monster of all time, for some reason I find them adorable

> Well given the strange environments I like to drop my players in, they're not that uncommon of a sight, sometimes I even make them their own race.

> Absolutely, although I'd rather have one as a pet or a summon seeing as I don't usually enjoy playing monster races
>>
>>44775961
Slime tenshi datta ken
>>
>>44786092
Thanks
>>
>>44785329
>Apparently it's getting close to shipping.
I don't believe you. That guy was spamming sites with talk of how fun AND balanced his mechanics were going to be before he'd even written any.
>>
File: !_Black Goo 1.jpg (546 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
!_Black Goo 1.jpg
546 KB, 1280x1024
>>
>>44714837
I like the way you think. Now I want a shoggoth party pet.
>>
>>44717820
I'm gonna have to steal this.
>>
>>44714532
That's because you're a sweet, innocent young man and haven't played with Magical Realm players before. Please never change.
>>
>>44789814
I wrote for /wst/, and still write random stories and greentext from ideas /tg/ gives me, mostly involving femdom and/or vore,, I still don't see it

Just seems like a slime based character to me
Or is anything that could possibly be used for fetish magical realm?
>>
>>44789862
It's because vore is a really popular magical realm, so it's safer to just avoid players who want to swallow-whole or absorb anything. Honestly with the right person it'll probably be just fine, but most of /tg/ isn't that kind of person.
>>
>>44789884
Still, that anon gave no hint it was played that way other than >>44715013 and even then that could just have been her killing him cause he was an idiot

I don't get why just cause something can do that you need a kneejerk reaction that they'll do it for fetish reasons
>>
File: 9d5.jpg (68 KB, 680x603) Image search: [Google]
9d5.jpg
68 KB, 680x603
Slime girls are good for cuddles
>>
>>44790335
I doubt a sweater would do much for a slime, but if you did manage to heat her up ahead of time it would be like a large hot water bottle
>>
There was a Slime Civ a while back where the slimes started to practice and develop an amorphous martial art form while also becoming philosophers contemplating the void and nihilism. Ended up learning how to generate "null blasts" that erased targets from existence.
>>
Are there any colossal slime monsters in the books?
I can't think of any
Thread replies: 188
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.