[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I've been thinking about making an entire system based
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Saga12APPLE.jpg (413 KB, 1484x2226) Image search: [Google]
Saga12APPLE.jpg
413 KB, 1484x2226
So I've been thinking about making an entire system based on Saga. I love the way scifi and fantasy are elegantly mixed yet still their own thing. I've already got some ideas on the mechanics for this, as well as classes and skills and such. I'd like to make it simple 3.5 or pathfinder but still diverse. i know this type of thing would be a fuck to of work, and even though i'm all over doing this i'm also a lazy piece of shit, so before i put all this effort into making this i'd like to know if any of you guys think this is something you'd play.
>>
>simple 3.5 or pathfinder
>>
>>44703731
...simple like 3.5 or pathfinder
>>
>>44703863
I understood. 3.5 and Pathfinder aren't simple, they're familiar to you.
>>
>>44703902
really? most people i know usually see them as the "starter tabletop"
>>
>>44703963
Popular doesn't mean simple.

You should read a bunch of games that are actually simple and come back if you're actually interested in doing this.
>>
>>44703902
>>44703996
>whiny assclown ruins another thread, news at 11
>>
>>44703996
just because there's something more simple out there doesn't make them not simple.
>>
>>44704062
Name a more complicated game that people actually play.
>>
>>44704091

>Name a more complicated game...
GURPS
>That people actually play.
... Warhammer?
>>
>>44704105
GURPS actually has an all the time core mechanic. It's not really complex to play, it just has a billion pages of options. Warhammer, maybe, but the point is that you can barely name anything, but every other game is less complex.
>>
>>44703605
its basically spelljammer, so it might work
>>
>>44704156
Shoo shoo
>>
so for classes i was thinking of doing something ind of like oblivion where classes are based on skill branches. the branches being tech, combat and magic.
Tech would mean mostly guns and while still scifi it wouldnt be too outlandish stuff and a lot of them would reflect landfallian culture and characters.
magic would be the exact opposite and invlove mostly wreath themes.
combat would be more traditional melee stuff
>>
>>44704324
Im listening op/

Give us what you got. Someone will help or I will when I get back up at 5.
>>
>>44704324
so far these are the classes i have in mind
>tech
trooper: the standard assault rifle, grenades and stuff
pilot: while the ability to operate vehicles should be open for any character i wanted to make a class that focuses on it
cyberthief: idk what to call it but it'd be a stealth with pistols type thing with possible access to a limited version of hacking for stuff like another ships gps or doors or stuff. there isnt really an internet in the saga universe and keys and scrolls are still used, but you get the idea
Automater?: basically something to do with automatons and non sentient robots
as a hybrid class between tech and combat:
Cyborg: uses tech enhancements to improve on melee combat.
Combat:
the usual stuff
fighter, monk, barbarian, rogue
the hybrid between combat and magic would be a spell soldier, which is basically a standard wreath soldier
>Magic
Mage: basic spellcasting class. restricted to schools or specializations to turn it into any specific spellcaster like a cleric or necromancer or whatever
Artist: basically a bard but can use paint instead of song like Yuma, and can be more than just a support
Summoner: summons shit idk
druid
the hybrid for tech and magic would be a spellslinger from wildstar, but im not sure on that one
>>
>>44704611

How much have you smoked, son?

Seriously, though, I know you read over that post and realized you know less about this than you think you do. How about you write these ideas down somewhere neatly; watch some useful videos on dice mechanics, basic probabilities, and interesting game design; and then, revisit this because no one knows what the fuck you're talking about.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.