[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pokemon TCG General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: hqdefault.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
Was this game ever good?

If so, is it still good?

Also, you must post in this thread if you played Haymaker back in the day.
>>
>>44699660
>Was this game ever good?
Base Jungle Fossil was amazing.

>If so, is it still good?
Fuck if I know, but I haven't heard good things.

>Also, you must post in this thread if you played Haymaker back in the day.
Well, you've got me there. Even if it was generally inferior to Rain Dance.
>>
>>44699660
It has basically boiled down to who can build a tighter deck that will allow them to cycle through the whole thing until they manage to make 3-6 big swings.
>>
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 361x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 361x500
>>44700032
this
I wish there was a format where EX's are banned. Regular evolutions can't compete.
>>
>>44699660
I own a Pokémon Draft Cube that uses the card pool of the first gen. It's pretty good for drafting with your Magic players. Pokémon TCG players would never touch it because they are afraid of alternative formats and Draft specifically.
>>
>>44700394
I always said that since deck searching and drawing is easy and awesome in Pokemon, allowing stage 1 and stage 2 cards to not count towards your 60 card limit would be phenomenal and give those decks the extra tools it needs to compete with EX Pokemon.
>>
>>44700417
Draft is pretty weird in Pokémon
>>
>>44701174
>to not count towards your 60 card limit

wat
>>
>>44701255
It works out pretty well when your Cube is constructed to fit in the evolution chains. We're drafting it every week and it's quite fun and way more light-hearted than Magic.
>>
>>44699660
Do The Wave reporting in
>>
>>44703846
Wigglytuff pls go.
>>
$$ Ask a mediocre player of the current format anything $$
>>
>>44704212
What are the big strong decks in the meta?

Are the Team Aqua and Magma cards legal? Is Team Aqua's Kyogre a good deck?
>>
File: PIGS.jpg (130 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
PIGS.jpg
130 KB, 960x960
>>44704473
>What are the big strong decks in the meta?
The meta is currently very diverse. It feels very healthy,and a lot of archetypes have the possibility of doing well. Some of these include:
Seismitoad variants
Mega Manectric variants, usually bats
Vespiquen
Metal w/ Bronzong
Rayquaza variants, both megas
Primal Groudon
Yveltal variants
Fairy toolbox

There are other tier 2 decks that can catch local metas by suprise, like Charizard/Entei, Mega Sceptile ect.

>Are the Team Aqua and Magma cards legal? Is Team Aqua's Kyogre a good deck?

Yeah they are. It was like a 35 card mini set that came out a few months ago, all standard legal. None of the cards from the set are really playable, including the Groudon and Kyogre. Nice cards to have in a binder though.
>>
File: GyaradosEXRageBrokenHeavens81.jpg (163 KB, 372x520) Image search: [Google]
GyaradosEXRageBrokenHeavens81.jpg
163 KB, 372x520
>>44704943
Cool. My LGS has a scene for it. Filled with kids but eh, it's expected with fucking pokemon. Trying to find a deck I like with some cool art for the pokemon I dig. New Gyarados EX looks cool but I dunno if it will actually be good.
>>
>>44705085
Yeah, that Gyarados won't be released in English or another month, and won't be legal to play foranother 3 weeks. Someting about pokemon ensuring that everyone can get a hold of their copies in time for competitions of something. Still not sure how I feel about that.

But yeah man, just have a look at a few of the archetypes I listed (left of a big one, Night March), and see what jumps out at you. I'd recommend Vespiquen for a first deck. Heaps of fun to play, and relatively cheap. Luckily, in Pokemon the most expensive staple is Shaymin EX, which will set you back around $30 a piece. You only really need 3 though. The rest of the deck will be comprised of cards that are less than $2 each, with VS seeker being the only possible exception. With that said though, the VS seekers and Shaymins can be used in any deck, and are just useful cards to have if you're wanting to get into the game.
>>
>>44699660
No, the game is shit.
It's mostly just a collectors thing at this point.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.