[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /tg/ and good evening. Tonight I come to you all seeking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 20151210_084931.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
20151210_084931.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1536
Hello /tg/ and good evening. Tonight I come to you all seeking answers to a bothersome question. Where can one go to recruit local players for some good ol' tabletop fun if the only LFGS in town is a leviathan sized jerk and won't allow me to post advertisements there or inquire with people on site.

And to specify, I have no tg relative pictures on my phone so here's some crappy 3rd grade code for you all.
>>
>>44699352

There are plenty of sites like Meetup you can advertise on. Also generally any decent events venue or other such common area/gathering place - local library etc- would be a good place to put signs. Pitching it as a "board game club" might help win the normies over more.

You can also check out local colleges and universities, which almost certainly having gaming societies.
>>
>>44699352
What programming language is that? It looks vaguely familiar but I don't recognize it.
>>
>>44699390
>reply to ad for board game
>sounds fun
>show up to see 10 fat neckbeards sitting around a table
>half are in furry costumes
>other half are rping a little elf loli getting gang raped by a pack of lizadmen
>THIS IS NOT A FUKIN BOARD GAME!!!
>fear I have stumbled into the 4th layer of hell
>>
>>44699436
C64
>>
>>44699511
Smallbasic
>>
>>44699352
>only LFGS in town is a leviathan sized jerk and won't allow me to post advertisements there or inquire with people on site.

Most stores have a sign saying "no soliciting." What you are doing is soliciting. Therefore, this owner is WELL WITHIN HIS RIGHTS to deny you trying to camp around his store, not buying anything, trying to creep on customers to get players for your TTRPG.
>>
>>44699547
I agree he is in his rights. I'm in my rights to refuse service to anyone at my bar, doesn't mean I do it just to spite people.

Regardless, I buy shit all the time and frequent it every other day. I just have a terrible stutter and a flier would help my cause.
>>
>>44699999

Nah I'm just picking on you, that is honestly kind of a dick move.

> Regardless, I buy shit all the time and frequent it every other day. I just have a terrible stutter and a flier would help my cause.

Try game finder? I really hope you aren't DMing, not because you are shit but because I can only imagine DMing with a stutter would be torture.
>>
>>44700105
Not doing no. But game finder is shit and I want to play at a table with humans and occasionally sentient plants dressed as humans. I'm not speciest
>>
Auto correct irritates me. Not going to be dming no.
>>
>>44700177

Craigslist?

Sorry m8. I'd say hang around a Community College if you are of that age. You can probably find them pretty easily.

Tough luck, though, I feel bad for you. Maybe offer to pay the store manager for the privilege of putting up a flier? Maybe 10 bucks to leave it up for a few weeks? if he refuses that offer, he's a fucking retard.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.