[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever had to deal with anyone playing the little girl
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
Have you ever had to deal with anyone playing the little girl in an RPG campaign? What was it like? It is possible to do it without pissing the rest of the party off?
>>
>>44696978
It depends on the setting.
>>
>>44696978
Bad OP for a civil discussion on this. I've done it before but it depends on the setting and the group you're with and WHY you're doing it. That is all I'll say now though, abandoning thread. Next time use something less magical realm.
>>
>>44696978
I made the mistake of starting character creation immediately after watching Game of Thrones with some friends.
One of the players insisted on playing an Arya Stark expy.
>>
>>44696978
>Have you ever had to deal with anyone playing the little girl in an RPG campaign?
Yes.

>What was it like?
Pretty normal. A few things were a bit off, but that was because the player sometimes forgot that he was playing a little girl, not boy. So we had a little girl that was really girly most of the time, but sometimes went full tomboy on us. In the end, that was her charming point, I guess.

>It is possible to do it without pissing the rest of the party off?
Yes, as long as you know how the rest of the party is. In my case, the party doesn't give a fuck.
>>
>>44696978
I dunno if it counts but I was in a campaign where one of the players played a 34 year old drow. she looked about 8 and rode around on my shoulders.
>>
>>44697762
That definitely counts. What irritates me is when someone plays an 8 year old drow that is supposed to look like an 8 year old human, without any knowledge of how drow aging works.
>>
>>44696978
Did it once. It was a Final Fantasy campaign, so it fit the tone just fine (it was based in FFXII's Ivalice). Everybody else in the party was a caster of some description, and the only player that wanted to play a front liner (a Dragoon in this case) rolled his character up as the prettiest pink princess imaginable for gits and shiggles.

Should be noted that in FFD20 you actually get some stat changes for playing an underage character, so it wasn't purely for show. More MP for more ability spam at the cost of some of your base stats. Can't say it worked out for him, since the red mage (me!) had more HP and was a better tank.
>>
>>44698183
In D&D3.x and in Pathfinder there are underage rules iirc, though they give only minor bonuses and major penalties.
>>
>>44698245
There aren't any rules for underage types in 3.x afaik. The real problem with the PF ones is that its NPC class only.
>>
>>44698359
could have sworn there was one but I might be remembering a houserule or something
>>
>>44698245
>>44698359
>>44698448
Pretty sure there's a "young" template that is allowed on PCs. I think.
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/simple-template-young-cr-1
That's the PF one, anyway. Slight dex check buff, penalty to everything else. EVERYTHING else.
>>
File: 218.gif (3 MB, 686x384) Image search: [Google]
218.gif
3 MB, 686x384
>>44697762
>>
Current game one of the players is playing a roughly 10 year old girl. The player is also female though so it's not as weird.

Within the context of the game, for the setting the character makes sense, and kind of works along with the game. She can be a little troublesome and needs help, but just as well helps the party in her own way and certainly drives the plot along. Also her personality isn't just "stereotypical young girl who likes pink and princesses" so there's a little flexibility with the character and interacting with her.

Playing a male character though and being stuck in situations with her have lead to some weird outcomes and accusations by other players in and out of game. Really my only complaint, and it's more their fault for trying to find issue.
>>
>>44698495
>>44698448
yes its a PF thing, not a 3.x thing

I'd like it just because you could differentiate humans vs elves more if you assume that they take longer to grow to physical maturity, so like in DF elves would be physically smaller on average, and they work well as a physically weak, mentally strong race
>>
I've actually played the Little Girl before.

Homebrew Fallout game, she was the daughter of another one of my PCs in a previous game.

Her role in the party was part meat shield, part breadbasket, and all about the melee fighting. Killed people with a shovel, which was her best friend in the world. She didn't do anything lewd, although, due to her upbringing, she knew all about sex and the like. Her aunt was a whore.

Gets pissed that the gear head keeps treating her like the child she is, despite the fact she has beaten dozens of ghouls to death and is the sole provider of food for the group, since she is the only one with survival.
>>
I've had a few little girl chars, one as a lazylord, one as a Black Crusade Slaaneshi psyker, and my wife has played a few as well.
>>
Yup. And they were a martial class shifter. Essentially, they wanted to play said little girl as a perky extra sarcastic Yoda. Hopping around the battlefield killing things as a fuzzy acrobatic little moppet. We were fine with it. No one had ever tried playing a character who was actually any flavor of blatantly bloodthirsty like that.
>>
>>44696978

PF online game. She was a princess on the run-her family had been murdered in a coup, and she was traveling incognito as a bard until she could gather the resources and allies necessary to retake her kingdom. She was thirteen years old.

She actually ended up being a pretty interesting character. She had to grow up fast, and she was a shrewd diplomancer, but she retained just enough "immature" traits to be amusing (her addiction to tea and inability to get a decent cuppa made for some funny moments). She hired my gnoll as a bodyguard/porter/killbeast, and the party ranger swore an oath to be her "knight". Made for kind of a funny dynamic-the ranger resented the presence of a monstrous merc, but due to terrible luck and tactical sense, his attempts to prove himself her "true servant" frequently ended with him getting his ass kicked, and the princess ordering me to bail him out.

All in all, it was pretty fun having her around. I think the funniest moment was near the campaign, when my character got drunk as hell and tearfully told her that she was the best boss he'd ever had, because so many people wanted her dead, and he got to kill SO MANY OF THEM.
>>
>>44700456

*Near the end of the campaign. Don't drink and /tg/, folks.
>>
>>44700456
I think I have somethign similar in one of my current campaigns. One of the PCs is a Kobold who lost his tribe due to the standard horse shit. He refers to the party member that saved him as his mistress, and defers to her as the leader of his tribe. It's funny as one of them is CG and the other is LE, but they get along anyways. It's always funny to watch him prostrate himself before her as she treats him like a little kid, giving him permission to do this and that.
>>
File: angrly little witch.jpg (55 KB, 367x480) Image search: [Google]
angrly little witch.jpg
55 KB, 367x480
Our group just started a Double Cross game. 2/3ds of us are the little girl.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.