[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Due to budgeting reasons GW has decided to start cutting races
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 243
Thread images: 33
File: www.pinterest.com.jpg (91 KB, 510x510) Image search: [Google]
www.pinterest.com.jpg
91 KB, 510x510
Due to budgeting reasons GW has decided to start cutting races from 40k with only 8 races remaining in the game. For whatever fucked up reason you are the one in charge of this decision.

Which 8 races do you pick to stay?
>>
>>44695967
I wonder why I am french and ditch the eldar, both of them.
>>
>>44695967
Probably the DE and the Tau, never liked the sadist fuckwits or the boring gunline army. Also out of all of the choices presented they probably have the 2nd and 3rd least impact on the fluff behind the Bolter Bitches if they were to be removed.
>>
>>44696224
Sisters are pretty damn firmly established in the Imperial lore, though. It'd be like suddenly removing the Air Force from the US military - jokes aside, it'd be incredibly noticeable and cause all sorts of internal problems.
>>
>>44695967
Remove the Tau and Sisters of Battle. Both are exceptionally minor and never really do anything notable. Even the Dark Eldar are more important than the Sisters, and add greater diversity of Xenos to punch in the face.
>>
>>44695967
Cut inquisition and DE, fold them into imperial guard and eldar respectively. Keeps all the pictured races, reduces support on the two less popular, and gives dark eldar a chance to ride the bootstraps of the eldar to glory.
>>
Remove Tau, there is no point to their existence.
Remove Chaos, because fuck traitors.Also, I'd like to see what would happen as a result.
>>
Eldar and tau. Thus removing noblebright and returning the grimdark we love.
>>
>implying I'd stop at 8
Goodbye Tau, Necrons, Eldar, Dark Eldar and Inquisition.
>>
You basically gave us a freebie with that picture though.
>>
>>44695967
I'd merge the Space Marines, IG, and Inquisition into a single faction.
>>
>>44696467
>Implying the Eldar are at all NobleBright.
>>
>>44695967
Cut Tau and Nucrons.
>>
>>44695967
Space Marines
Imperial Guard
Chaos (generic)
Orks
Eldar
Tyranids
Necrons
Tau

Fuck the DEldar and the Bolter Bitches.
>>
>>44696467
>Eldar
>noblebright
How can you love the grimdark of a setting you know nothing about?
>>
>>44695967
we get rid of the Orks and the Necrons.
because they're shite.
>>
>>44695967
'nids because they are fucking about with the end game in a way that, as a chaos player, annoys me. Tau for similar reasons. and I would then combine Eldar a Deldar into one force and introduce Kroot as a new army choice (If I'm still around to make choices I will also scrap the kroot again three years down the line to reintroduce Tau just to fuck everyone about)
>>
>>44695967
Remove Space Marines and Chaos. Least interesting factions in the game.
>>
As hilarious as it would be to get rid of the Spess Mahrens, it would also be a very bad business decision. So, I'd throw out both flavors of Space Elf.
>>
>>44695967
:^) storyline where Tyranides get turned into robo zerg Necrons and fuse them both together. That way they can zerg AND revive! Then do another story merge between Eldar and Dark Eldar.
>>
>>44696693
>(If I'm still around to make choices I will also scrap the kroot again three years down the line to reintroduce Tau just to fuck everyone about)
I like the way you think. Get this man a job.
>>
I get rid of Space Marines, the Tau, and the Eldar. Add new faction of Order aligned Daemons from their remains.
>>
>>44695967
I remove all the daemon bits and merge Chaos and SM models and rules. I do the same with Eldar and Dark Eldar. Effectively making the chaos variants palette swaps.
Furthermore I'd remove all the other factions except Tyranid, Imperial Guard and Orks because nobody really gives a shit about Necrons, Tau and SoB.
>>
Space Marines
Imperial Guard
Chaos
Eldar
Orks
Tyranids
Necrons
Heroes of the Imperium (that is, inquisitors, assassins, scions, deathwatch, grey knights, all the fun stuff)

Basically just returning to 2nd edition, really.
>>
>>44696915
and necrons
>>
Humans, Demons, Orks, Eldar, Tyranids, Necrons, Tau, Squats
>>
>>44695967
Imperial Guard
Inquisition
Tau
Eldar
Eldar Noir
Orks
Chaos
Nids

BOOM I JUST SAVED 40K!!
no more smurfs
no more crons
now we can be grimderp
>>
>>44696948
necrons were in 2nd edition
>>
>>44695967
bunch imperium into one army, bunch Eldar into one, chaos into one, orks, Necrons, Tyranids, Tau, and introduce a new race with an entirely mysterious back story and with over powered shit for a lot of money.
>>
Nids and Necrons, or Tau
>>
Roll Eldar together, roll Chaos together, roll Imperials together, drop Tau and re-write Crons to be grim dark again.

Just streamlined 40k and restored the original grim dark theme.
>>
>>44695967
SM
IG
Eldar
Nids
Chaos
Necrons
Tau
Orks
>>
Honestly they should just merge the entire fucking imperial/inquisition into one goddamn book. Daemons and Chaos space marines should be fucking merged too fuck you chaos players.

I actually have no fucking eldar player around me (yeah i know odd) so i cant give a shit about them, but seeing how half this thread wants them merged and the other half wants them to be seperate things i dont know.

And why the fuck do space marines have like 9 goddamn books. Why cant we just have 1 space marine book and each chapter has their own things. Wouldnt they make more money when they just have 1 giant overpriced book that gets updated frequently rather than 1 book for the "popular" chapters that get updated once every 3-5 years? That's actually a real question if anyone knows the answer i would really like to know.
>>
>>44695967
Where's the Adeptus Mechanus on your image, OP. Are we cutting the Skitarii already?

The only raced I'd cut is the Tyranids.

I'd consolidate Space Marines, Imperial Guard, Inquisition, and AdMech into a single 'Imperium of Mankind' race. You'd get one big codex unifying them into a single army, and mini-dexes detailing each of the four branches of the army.

Eldar and Dark Eldar stick around, but get consolidated into one army.

That gives us the following races:
Imperium of Mankind
Eldar
Chaos
Necrons
Tau
Orks

That's six races. There's room to add two more now.
>>
>>44697488
>And why the fuck do space marines have like 9 goddamn books.
everyone loves space marines
>>
>>44697516
No they don't. GW tells them they do so they act like it, plus it's the easiest army to paint.
>>
>>44697545
>it's just propaganda
space marines are cool, bro
>>
>>44695967
Remove sob and reune eldars and deldars.
>>
>Remove:
Factions I don't like

>Keep
Factions I like
>>
File: Ork-Controlled_Ordinatus2.jpg (54 KB, 694x680) Image search: [Google]
Ork-Controlled_Ordinatus2.jpg
54 KB, 694x680
Remove all the forces Imperium, make it collapse already.
>>
File: space_marine Copy.png (174 KB, 638x825) Image search: [Google]
space_marine Copy.png
174 KB, 638x825
Remove all forces except for the Imperium, and let the Imperium celebrate their victory over chaos and the xenos by falling into infighting.
>>
>>44695967
Keep
1. One Marine Codex
2. Guard
3. Nids
4. Crons
5. Orkz
6, Chaos (with a heavy focus on cultists and other units. Make daemons and chaos marines suitably rare and powerful)
7. Eldar I guess
8. One Inquisition faction encompassing the Assassins, Sisters of Battle, and Alien/Demon/Witch Hunters
>>
You have been teasing us with the final collapse of the Imperium. Do it already and unite all the remnant into one faction. More grim and dark.
>>
>>44695967
How does cutting factions affect the budget?
>>
>>44696319
>firmly established
>literally only thing of note is their conception during the reign of blood
>cant be replaced with just some random cult or another finatical space marine chapter

fuck off sisterfag
>>
File: gk3.png (801 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
gk3.png
801 KB, 700x525
Keep Grey Knights and Daemons. Remove everything else from the game.
>>
File: 1343110703251.png (280 KB, 450x375) Image search: [Google]
1343110703251.png
280 KB, 450x375
Keep Orks. Remove everything else from the game.
>>
>>44695967

Obviously you cut the Marine and Chaos Space Marine factions. Imperial guard and Sisters of Battle valiantly defending the Empire without the roid-monster Marines against the galaxy...
>>
>>44697509
Rak'gol
>>
Dark Eldar because everything they do Chaos does better

Sisters of Battle because everything they do Marines do better and we already have women in the Imperial Guard, Inquisition and Arbites so lack of women in setting my ass
>>
>>44698023
>>44697509

You know what might be cool?

>Xenos Auxiliaries Codex
+Rak'Gol
+Kroot
+Tallerian Dog-Soldiers
+Gue'vesa
+Demiurg
+Others
>>
>>44698218
The main problem is there are a couple Xenos races that ought to be included in that who would never fight as Mercenaries, Rak'gol included.
>>
>>44695967
Eldar and Tau, no need for "Main Protagonist" armies.
>>
>>44696319
>Vect ispretty damn firmly established in the Dark eldars lore, though. It'd be like suddenly removing the Air Force from the US military - jokes aside, it'd be incredibly noticeable and cause all sorts of internal problems.

Nobody is safe.
>>
>>44695967
Newcrons look like shit so they're first to go.
Then one of the other new armies, so either Tau or Dark Eldar.
>>
>>44695967
Fuck it. Let's just go back to the glory days of Space Marines, Orks, Eldar, Chaos, Imperial Guard and Tyranids.

I also miss Orks being the primary antagonist.
>>
>>44696319
Less of an impact than C'Tan for Necron lore...
>>
>>44695967
Ditch inquisition and deldar.

Don't belong as 'armies'.
>>
>>44695967

>Imperial Guard

Why the fuck would these even exist in this setting when the ground soldiers of every other faction can take ordinary people in a 1 on 1 fight? Completely fucking stupid to have them be a playable faction because they wouldn't be able to defeat any of the others.

Move them to the background. They still exist, but are not playable and basically just fill a "ants getting stepped on by the actual people" role in the lore.

>Sisters of Battle and Inquisition Forces

Literally worse than the Space Marines in every single way. Every single thing they can do, the Space Marines do better. This also applies to the Imperial Guard.

The Inquisition gets the ax too. They and the Sisters of Battle can be moved to the background, reserved for PnP games and stuff. They have no place on the battleground that the miniature warfare game encompasses.

Basically, why does mankind get several different playable factions while every other alien race only gets one?

On that note,

>Dark Eldar

Combine them with Chaos. And Chaos is just one faction; no Chaos Daemons or Chaos Marine separate codexes, only one Chaos faction.

And running with that,

>No More Individual Space Marine Chapter Codexes

Space Marines are one faction and deserve only one book, same as everyone else.

>Also Tau are Cut

Because fuck anyone who likes Tau.
>>
File: 1449131944764.gif (551 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1449131944764.gif
551 KB, 200x200
>>44698629
>>Dark Eldar
>Combine them with Chaos.

It's like you don't even read the fluff at all.
>>
File: uwotm8.jpg (168 KB, 919x735) Image search: [Google]
uwotm8.jpg
168 KB, 919x735
>>44698629
Man I lost some IQ points reading that shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (910 KB, 1301x1757) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
910 KB, 1301x1757
>>44697004
Sort of. It would take another 5 years before their first codex.
>>
>>44695967
Are we picking armies or races? because otherwise
>Humans
>Eldar
>Tau
>Nids
>Orks
>Necrons
and we even have room for two new races! Also, are we allowed to retcon fluff to explain this, or are we just axing stuff and changing nothing else? (Commoragh got eaten by the nids somehow. Sucks to be them) We need some details, man.
>>
>>44698955
but they did exist. They just called them "Chaos Androids" back then.
>>
>>44695967
Ok my list would be
>Space Marines
>imperium (rolling IG, Inquisition, Sisters, etc into one faction)
>Eldar Corsairs (rolling Eldar and Deldar into on army á la End Times)
>Necrons
>Chaos (CSM and Daemons together again, at last)
>Orks
>Tau
>Tyranids, If I have to
>>
>>44695967
>Which 8 races do you pick to stay?
Space Marines
Chaos Space Marines
Dark Angels
Blood Angels
Space Wolves
Black Templars
Legion of the Damned
Black Legion

Because fuck you that's why.
>>
>>44698629
Comon, the bait isn't even on the hook all the way.
>>
File: 1447778511764.png (474 KB, 600x1020) Image search: [Google]
1447778511764.png
474 KB, 600x1020
>>44695967
>Ultramarines
>Imperial Fists
>Black Templars
>Blood Angels
>Dark Angels
>White Scars
>Crimson Fists
>Grey Knights
>Space Sharks

For The Emperor
>>
File: not possible.png (861 KB, 643x673) Image search: [Google]
not possible.png
861 KB, 643x673
>>44696467

You can't cut anything Imperial or Chaos related, to that leaves Xenos
Can't cut the Eldar or Orks because they have been there the longest
So that leaves Necron and Tau.

There ya go.
>>
File: Shark_derp_durr_hurr.jpg (196 KB, 560x461) Image search: [Google]
Shark_derp_durr_hurr.jpg
196 KB, 560x461
>>44696657
>>44696606
>pretty space elves wearing bright colours
>grimdark
>>
>>44699351
For the Emperor, brother, but why you did not include any filthy traitors for us to redeem by ripping and tearing their guts?
>>
>>44699510
>"I know absolutely nothing about 40k and I'm proud of it cuz it makes me a true master baiter"
k
>>
>>44698955
WD lists count!

Sure they only had four units and a hero, but that's not much less than the 3rd edition codex gave them, really.
>>
>>44695967

Fold all Imperial armies into one.

Remove Orks (derp joke army that can't do competitive)

Fold Eldar together
>>
File: 1452311648340.jpg (640 KB, 734x950) Image search: [Google]
1452311648340.jpg
640 KB, 734x950
>>44695967
Remove all races except the following
>Tau (remove kroot)
>Nids
>Grey Knights
>Space Wolves
>Dark Eldar (harlequins included, CW out)
>World Eaters (only one chaos god, Nurgle which world eaters now follow)
>Orkz (sub-species like gretchins removed)
>Necrons (remove all their fluff. They are now the remaining thinking machines that the Imperium failed to eliminate).
>>
>>44699643
>the kneepad
my sides.
>>
>>44699512
The notion that heretical traitors could exist in a universe bathed in the light of the holy Emperor is heresy! We now rip and tear the guts out of our brother legions (note: not weak chapters anymore) to determine who the Emperor loves most
>>
>>44699537
>I think that pretty space elves wearing bright colours are grimdark
>I think that calling it b8 means I don't have to make an argument
>I think that replying with "k" makes me look cool and detached

Stay mad, Eldarfag. I can read you like a book. :)))))

There's nothing grimdark related the Eldar that doesn't come from outside. Souls being sucked? Doesn't happen without Slaanesh. Muh Fall doesn't happen without Slaanesh. Iyanden Ghost Warriors doesn't happen without Nids. Those mean Slaanesh and the Nids are grimdark, not the Eldar.

However you cut it, all the Eldar are is a gaggle of pretty, brightly coloured space elves. Most of them aren't even fighters. The majority are peacefully living in flying elf cities, doing elfy things.

>Eldarfags will still try to deny this
>>
>>44699643
>remove kroot
we can't be friends anymore, trump
>>
>>44699699
>Imperium wins
>builds a thunderdome ringworld around sol that the legions send their strongest to do battle with each other.
>the Imperium also maintains several planets dedicated to being "Ork Zoos" for legions to practice on
>>
File: 1451786590011.gif (329 KB, 140x160) Image search: [Google]
1451786590011.gif
329 KB, 140x160
>>44699709
I have a solution
>remove pretty space elves
>add grimdark space dwarves.
>>
File: WDmarinecolours.jpg (538 KB, 1600x1094) Image search: [Google]
WDmarinecolours.jpg
538 KB, 1600x1094
>>44699709
>Muh Fall doesn't happen without Slaanesh
I don't even know where to start with you.

>Brightly coloured can't be grimdark
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Nice bait though.
>>
>>44699709
Anon, I have a fairly good idea about what you were trying to do, but this is just sad.
>>
>>44695967
Maybe Tyrannids and Necrons. I just want to see the Tau get in a fight with the imperium without Tyrannids to save them.

Keep the Inquisition, Eldar and Dark Eldar at all costs. Getting rid of them would destroy the galaxies supply of waifu's
>>
>>44695967
what if....stay with me here. we just cut all but the base SM and the SoB and we've hit 9 races total. That would still leave enough variety in models and playstyles afterward.
>>
Hmm...
Imperial
Chaos
Orks
Eldar
Tau
Tyranids

I only have 6
>>
>>44699885
God their camo is so horribly bad.
>>
>>44698015
So, GorkaMorka?
>>
>>44700020
Necrons and 'Reens
Astartes are distinct enough that they should be separate from the rest of the Imperial forces.
>>
>>44695967

>Imperium
>Chaos
>Eldar
>Necrons
>Orks
>Tau
>Tyranids
>>
I'd keep every faction but merge Inquisition/Assassins/Stormtroopers/Sisters of Battle/Deathwatch/Grey Knights into one big ass "Elite Forces of the Imperium" book. Oh, and Imperial Knights are merged into Ad Mechanicus. Fuck all you in favor of dropping any faction. People have put so much love and time into their army. Not a Tau player btw.
>>
>>44697172
Just like they did for the Tau?
>>
>>44700210
I agree, bring back the witch hunter codex.
Also give the space yiffs, blood angels and dark angels the black Templar treatment and keep me all in one book.
>>
>>44700210
I'd put knights in their own dex, imperium-aligned knights should remain independent from Ad Mech
>>
>>44695967
Space Marines and Chaos Marines. Just to see what happens.
>>
>>44700599
Horus Heresy, bro.
>>
>>44695967
Tyranids and Space Marines. The Sue levels in the space marines are irredeemable at this point.
>>
>>44700029
Camouflage is the color of cowardice, brother.

These colors and patterns were chosen to MAXIMIZE visibility.
>>
>>44699885
>Salamanders
>Actual salamander skin coloring

Whelp, someone took that idea too seriously...
>>
>>44695967
I ditch the Marines and merge the two types of Eldar.
>>
Remaining armies

Space Marines(All Marine codices folded into a single book)
Astra Militarum(Inquisition and Sisters have been folded in)
Craftworld Eldar
Wild Eldar(Dark, Corsair, and Garden World Eldar in a single book)
Orks
Forces of Chaos(Demons, Marines, Lost and Damned)
Tyranids
Xenos Empires(Tau Empire and their Auxiliaries, Necron Dynasties, plus smaller groups of aliens that don't have codices yet)
>>
>>44695967
I would squat Tau and Inquisition
>>
>>44695967
Merge both space marines and both eldar into one category. Bam.
>>
>>44695967
First: fascinating topic, OP. Good hit.

1) Eldar. Dark Eldar and Harlequins become a Craftworld type, Craftworlds generate master lists that limit unit crossover. Some CW's can get DE units, some can't. Harlies fit in everywhere, but not cheaply.

2) Space Marines. Bye bye non-Codex Special Snowflakes ...well you can keep some of your signature units, but only when you take specific Lords of War.
Gray Knights become high-cost specialized attachment units with far less variation.

3) CHAOS UNLIMITED -CSM and Daemons. Done.

4) Defenders of Humanity -IG, SoBs, AM w/ Force Packages -want those Missile Organ things from the SoBs? Take 2 squads of battle sisters along as part of the cost.

5) Orkz. Done.
6) Tyranids. Done.
7) Necrons. Done.
8) Tau. Done.
And nothing of value is lost.
>>
>>44695967
Merge Chaos with the Orks and the Dark Eldar
Merge Tau with the Imperial Guard
Merge Marines with the Tau
>>
>>44699709
project harder -tell us about the dreams where a gigantic hot dog monster eats your mother.
>>
>>44695967
Why aren't harlequins included in OP's image?
>>
Remove Eldars and Tau.
>>
>>44695967
Fuse the Eldars and fuse the Inquisition with the Guard
>>
>>44704427
Can I field a Deathwatch team with my Inquisition/Guard?
>>
>>44704483
Why wouldn't you?
>>
>>44704540
Seems like you may as well just fuse all the Imperials into one army after a certain point, is all I'm sayin'.
>>
>>44704610
It would seem like that but Space Marine chapters have too much stuff, like planets ad fleets to fuse it all into one Imperial. So go with Deathwatch they seem like they have less of things expect xeno/exotic weapons
>>
>>44700029
Actually it's not that different compared to some of the crazy modern shit.
>>
>>44699709
But Slaanesh isn't grimdark, because it doesn't happen without eldar...
>>
>>44699510
> SM in all the colors of the rainbow
> grimdark

lolz
>>
>>44695967
> Chaos
> Space Marines
> Space Wolves
> Grey Knights
> Blood Angels
> Imperial Guard
> Sisters of Battle
> Imperial Knights.

It's a clusterfuck for Chaos, and I get to remove everything I don't like. This is a win for everyone.
>>
>>44699561
Not really that much less than what they have now. Besides Obelisks and Flayerkin, what have they gotten in the last decade that's new?
>>
File: Ix4Qw15.gif (6 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Ix4Qw15.gif
6 MB, 480x360
Scifi setting of Man vs. the aliens of the universe, (most people's opinions) "lets cut out more of those aliens"

Love all the retards saying drop Tau 'cuz their grimdarks, I guess space lizardmen would fit in better seeing as just about everything else in 40k is a rip of of a fantasy archetype ('nids being the exception).

GW create one actual alien empire that makes sense for the Imperium to fight over worlds with, but yea, Tau totally don't fit in the universe. Space elf clowns, emo-elves, Nuns with guns, totally grimdark though.

>>44699967
> fight with the imperium without Tyrannids to save them.

You mean like the new campaign books they released that was specifically only the Imperium vs. Tau/Farsight, where they had to just nuke the whole region of space because they lost?
>>
>>44695967
Keep MUHREENS, Nids, Necrons, ORKZ, Tau as is.
Combine all Chaos forces like they should be in the first place. This includes traitor guardsmen.
Add a few Sisters units to the Guard in a few non-core slots. Have options in Guard codex for an Inquisition-commandeered army.
Add a few DEldar units to the Eldar and give the HQ and base units some variety for backwards compatibility with old DEldar models. Have something happen to the DEldar such that they need the regular Eldar's help now because woops. Most units end up as count-as with maybe 2-3 actual things they do unique.
Done.
>>
>>44705501
You mean because Tau have fucking ridiculous plotshields that cause everybody to suddenly job like a retard? Were it not for being GW's precious baby and solely existing to sell Not!Appleseed mechs, Tau would have been destroyed by orbital bombardment alone. Nevermind that the Titans never fucking showed up.
>>
Deep six the DE and the Tau (even though I like the latter). Change the Sisters of Battle into something closer to female astartes. I wants me Amazon warriors dammit!
>>
>>44695967
Why eight? I only see five from the beginning
>Imperial
>Space Marine
>Sisters
>Chaos scum
>Xenos
>>
>>44695967

First one is easy. Tau. They can be removed the easiest since they're the only faction who has no impact on the galaxy outside of their little empire. They're also small enough that they could plausibly be removed via any number of external threats; Ghazghkull leads a WAAAAGH there to plunder weaponry, Hive Fleet overwhelms it, Necrons awaken across the sector etc.

Inquisition can be easily absorbed into existing Imperial armies. Same for Dark Eldar. They're battle brothers with the Eldar; no reason really why they couldn't just be in the same codex.

Everything else is too necessary to the setting.
>>
>>44699709
In what way is the eldar redirecting an entire hive fleet and killing billions of humans to save a million eldar lives at most not grimdark? And they do that shit rather often, not even memeing here.
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 391x270) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 391x270
>>44698629
>>
>>44695967
Easy. Both eldar.
>>
>>44695967
taking out space marines and chaos because BURN IT ALL DOWN
>>
>>44696606
They're not noblebright. They're heroic noblebright, here to save the day again
>>
>>44706762
because its as stupid as fuck. all other races kill their own for victory, or sacrifice their bodies/souls/etc.

noblederp eldar always sacrifice humans to get their way, showing once again their mary sue plot armour
>>
Cut DE and Necron.

Let's try to be grimdark without being cliché.
>>
>>44695967

Ultramarines, Blood Angels, Dark Angels, Space Wolves, Black Templars, Imperial Fists, Salamanders, Stormcast Eternals
>>
>>44695967
I remove everything and only leave HH armies
>>
>>44695967
Space Marines, Blood Angels, Dark Angels, Space Wolves, Grey Knights, Chaos Space Marines, Khorne Daemonkin, Crimson Slaughter
>>
>>44695967
I will remove all space marine chapters except Dark Angels.
>>
>>44695967
Astartes, Humanity, Eldar, Orks, Necrons, Tau, Tyranids, Daemons.
>>
File: bait 16.jpg (168 KB, 1016x970) Image search: [Google]
bait 16.jpg
168 KB, 1016x970
>>44698629
>Dark Eldar
>combine them with Chaos
>>
>>44704427
>Eldars
>>
>>44695967
Space Marines, Tyranids, Orks and Eldar.
>>
>>44695967
Adeptus Astartes
Astra Militarum
Eldar
Dark Eldar
Orks
Tyranids
Chaos Marines/Daemons (counts as one, right?)
Tau

Necrons are just boring... both model-wise and fluff-wise.
Sisters... sorry, but you're just silly. Incorporate women into the Guard and Marines.
Incorporate other Imperial factions into Guard.
Skitari can suck my chode.
>>
>>44708151
someone otta' backfire dis gits signal so i can stomp im
>>
>>44695967
Cut Inquisition and Space marines.

Now the focus is on the imperial guard fighting losing battles on multiple fronts.
>>
>>44696319
I'm as much a sister fag as you but you are kidding yourself if you think the SoBs couldn't just be removed literally overnight without a single care.
>>
>>44695967
Space Marines
IG
Eldar
Chaos
Tyranids
Necrons
Orks
Tau (I prefer dark eldar BUT I guess tau are a bit more varied to the rest of the races)
>>
Ultramarines
Blood Angels
Dark Angels
Space Wolves
Grey Knights
Death Watch
Space Marines
Chaos Marines
>>
>>44699709
Saying they are only grimdark because of other grim dark, well yeah? Without chaos the imperium woudnt be grimdark?

Eldar just tend to have more colour variety, there are just as many brightly coloured space marines. Eldar fit into the setting fine.
>>
IoM gets folded into a single army.
>>
>>44695967
I think they would get rid of Dark Eldar and Inquisition. Those have the most potential for unconventional forces and don't fit with the big army bombast that 40k has relegated itself to.
>>
>>44695967
Marines Blue
Marines Red
Marines Grey
Marines Green
Marines Ivory
Marines Silver
Marines Black
Marines Spikey Red
>>
>>44708453 here

>>44708399
Damn, someone beat me to it near identically.
>>
File: [Agitation Intensifies].gif (432 KB, 500x394) Image search: [Google]
[Agitation Intensifies].gif
432 KB, 500x394
>>44695967
Tau and SOB, easily. Everybody else is either too essential to the setting, or too cool to get rid of.
>>
I think the consensus is that 40K needs to get rid of all marines.
>>
>>44708508
This, Tau and Dark Eldar are interchangeable for me and im not that bothered either way, but sisters are pretty dull compared to all the others
>>
I cut the loyal spacemarines they are all traitors now... That should help some with chaos feeling more distinct.

Eldar and dark eldar gets mashed together, making one single moraly grey but fucking awful faction
>>
File: Fullview_emperor-horus.jpg (17 KB, 250x183) Image search: [Google]
Fullview_emperor-horus.jpg
17 KB, 250x183
I'll make it easy on you.
>Cut all the crap, remove 40k.
>Start making 30k plastic instead.
Keep space marine, loyalists and traitors.
>Suddenly, game is balanced!
Solar auxiliary replace Imperial guard,
Sisters of silence replace sisters of battles,
Keep orks because I think they are fun/cool looking.
Keep eldar, merge all eldar faction since they are ally with themselves anyways.

>6 factions is already too much for GW IMHO but it would be easier to maintain then 10+
>>
>>44708569
>Implying GW would support Sisters of anything.
>>
>>44695967
Right off the bat - two factions GW gives least fucks about. Sisters and CSM.

And I play CSM{
>>
Sisters of Battle
Dark Eldar
Tau
Eldar
Necrons
Tyranids
Orks
Adeptus Mechanicus

The two religious authorities of mankind fighting against a galaxy of alien ideologies.
>>
>>44696578
That's what the Imperial Superfriends is.
>>
>>44709363
But who will serve as the main villain then?
>>
File: mighty-morphin-power-rangers.jpg (218 KB, 670x377) Image search: [Google]
mighty-morphin-power-rangers.jpg
218 KB, 670x377
>>44708453
This isn't the power rangers friend, no matter how hard you wish it to be so.
>>
>>44708864
We can always fold them into the auxiliary and now we have 5 armies, even better!
>>
File: 1392123707718.jpg (426 KB, 1600x1035) Image search: [Google]
1392123707718.jpg
426 KB, 1600x1035
>>44709590
Did I say anything about Knights?

Considering all of 40K's space magic, it's more a sausage fest version of Sailor Moon.
>>
>>44709538
Tyranids
>>
>>44708569
>Removing cook and interesting Xenos
>For boring Marine vs. Marine
There are reasons some people don't play 30k
>>
>>44710214
*cool
Fuck auto correct
>>
>>44710228
>Tau
>Cool

GTO weeb, back to >>/a/
>>
>>44710214
No the prices are the reason. Did you notice how fast the betrayal at calth sold? People like 30k
>>
>>44697814
I like how the helmet and pauldrons actually look feasible in this image.

Can we just give all Astartes this armor, codpiece and all?
>>
File: image.png (34 KB, 169x177) Image search: [Google]
image.png
34 KB, 169x177
>>44709363
That hurt me my brother
>>
>>44695967
They don't need to remove anything, if they just merge the obviously needless extra codices they end up with 8 factions easily.

1 Space Marines (includes variants and grey knights)
2 Imperium of Man (Imperial guard, sororitas, Inquisition, cult mechanicus)
3 Chaos (renegades, mutants, daemons, traitor legions etc)
4 Tau
5 Eldar (DE, Craftworld, Harlequins)
6 Necrons
7 Tyranids
8 Orks
>>
>>44710921
>1 Space Marines (includes variants and grey knights)
>2 Imperium of Man (Imperial guard, sororitas, Inquisition, cult mechanicus)
Merge these and I'm in.
>>
>>44695967
Remove both Eldars; Eldar and Eldars Noirs. I found they always stuck out. With this apparent fuckup they should go- plus Tyranides kick ass.
>>
>>44695967
Okay, first of all try to do as little cutting as possible, consolidation is key.

Space Marines, Imperial Guard, Sisters of Battle, Grey Knights, Inquisition, and Adeptus Mechanicus (did I miss anyone?) all get rolled into one big book The Imperium of Man. The book should contain rules for running any of the above armies as they are now but also rules for having armies composed of mixed unit types. Like an Imperial Guard force backing up a squad or two of deep striking Space Marines, that sort of thing that happens in the fluff but is only supported by rules for allies.

Tau, kroot, vespids, and other minor alien races (in terms of threat to the Imperium) get rolled into one book with rules very similar to the Imperium book in terms of allies and mixed forces (remember, the Tau are expanding and should be adding minor aliens to their empire, even if the entire race hasn't be conquered yet). Call it something like Alien Threats, or Tau Empire and it's Neighbors, or name it after the section of space the Tau Empire occupies.

Chaos Space Marines, Deamons, Traitor Guard, Heretics are also rolled into one book, Forces/Hordes of Chaos. Similar scenario to the above.

Craftworld Eldar, Dark Eldar, Harlequins, and Exodites are all rolled into one book. Codex Eldar.

Orcs get their own book.

Tyranids get their own book.

Necrons get their own book.

I think that covers everyone in the fluff that has an army right now.

The easiest way to ensure that this all works is to cut a few army composition choices from each of the books and add some restrictions to HQ choices determining how force composition works. For instance, a Farseer should probably need to fill her mandatory troop choices with craftworld eldar units before taking squads of dark eldar. Or you could very easily have each model have an alliance or faction stat and the understood rule that no HQ can have more of model choices from a different alliance than they have from their own.
>>
Human (all of them)
Ork
Eldar (normal & dark)
Tau
Tyranid
Chaos (all four)
Necrons

Uh.

I'm out, what am I forgetting?
>>
Remove everything but orks, add 7 more orks.
>>
>>44711307
>>44710985
We all know they'd rather scrap any 4 factions than merge the space marine book with the rest of the imperium.
>>
Tau and Skitarii.
Tau add nothing to the lore, the only thing they were created for is sucking up weeb money.
The Skitarii are also retarded as fuck. The Mechanicus abuses the IG/IN/AA for whatever they need. They barely ever pick up arms, and if they do it is only because they need to defend their own asses after their pets got killed.
>>
>>44696452
> no Horus Heresy
> emperor never 'dies'
> all is good
Boring
>>
>>44703486
This guy has the best idea I've heard of so far. I now actually want GW to do this. Oh and redesign CW Eldar while they're at it.
>>
>>44711404
The skitarii has been around for ages, they're not some "new" army gw pulled out of their ass, they're the armed forces of the cult mechanicus and foot soldiers for the titan legions.

The AdMech is a partner of the imperium, not simply another one of it's institutions.
>>
>>44703486
>>44711197
>>44710921
>>44699076
Seems like a lot of people have similar ideas about merging the codices that all belong to the same faction.
>>44698629
Thanks for the cancer.
>>
>>44695967
Realistic:
> 6 different flavors of loyalist marines, plus tau & guard (heavy tank lists only)

Better:
> Chaos Space Marines are the only space marines
> Sisters of Battle with Inquisition or Grey Knights as command squads are their loyalist rivals
> IG, Tau, Crons, Nids, Eldar, Orks round out the factions
>>
>>44711683
Lol, I forgot that Mechanicus exists. But Imperium doesn't need three factions when Power-Armored Holy Warriors and Dirty Normal Army cover everything. So the robutts are special options for SoB and IG.
>>
Eight races?

Space Marine
Ultramarines
Blood Angels
Space Wolves
Black Templar
Dark Angels
Salamanders
Chaos Space Marines

search your heart, you know this to already be the case
>>
>>44695967
Tyranids and tau would bite it in my book. Tyranids only exist in the lore to add YET ANOTHER impossible threat that the Imperium has no hope of beating if it ever attacks in full force.

For the Tau, I just really hate them. People act like they are the only hope for good in the galaxy to an insufferable degree. Tau fans act like if the Tau really wanted to they could take Terra overnight. I'll admit they made gains in galactic conquest and are notably less grimdark than anyone else but that doesn't invalidate my points. I don't want to sound like the "other" insufferable cunts that scream "IT WASN'T A REAL CRUSADE" but if imperial command could pull it's head out of it's ass and take advantage of what may be the only technological advantage they have, and just warp fleets right outside of Tau worlds, virus bomb them, than leave as fast as they came, the Tau would be gone in a few months.
>>
File: 1398182571859.png (2 MB, 1085x1583) Image search: [Google]
1398182571859.png
2 MB, 1085x1583
>>44695967
>chaos great army
>imperium great army
>eldar great army
>tau empire
>tyranids
>orks
>oldcrons
>space slann
>>
>>44699643
Make imperium great
Hat manufactured from Tau

Heretic spotted remove false emprah
>>
>>44712475
>notably less grimdark than anyone else
Yeah, fucking no.

Tau fans only think the Tau are a hope for good because they don't understand what the original authors were going for. To be fair the original authors were fucking terrible at getting their point across.

Tau are a special variety of grim dark that most people today don't really consider very grim or dark. They're communists. Like Soviet communists. Thought-police, reducation supporting, brain washing, nobody-knows-the-truth-except-glorious-leaders-whom-we-worship Soviet communists in space.

The Tau in their original incarnation were uplifted from a society of tribal savages to a point where in some areas they are more technologically advanced than the IoM in only a few short centuries. 200 - 500 years of advancement lead by a new caste of Tau that originally had subtle mind-dicking powers in the form of pheromones. This new caste ensured the sudden cooperation of all the Tau tribes, organized a rigid caste structure, forbid interbreeding between the castes, and set up a strict hierarchy of the castes. If you're born into the earth caste you are at the bottom of society and nothing you can do can better your station. This is in direct contrast with typical Western ideals and it's clear that that the authors were trying to setup a very dystopian society.

Each race has it's own mostly unique brand of grim darkness. All of them are (or at least are supposed to be) taken to a logical extreme (and in some cases then some). The Tau are no exception to this.
>>
>>44713699
Actually what Tau fans don't understand is that the Tau are a slow slip into grimdark. The increasing references to the Ethereals mindfucking people isn't a fluke- it's because the Tau Empire is slipping away into darkness. They started out noblebright, but they will be corrupted by their own ideals and turn into something worse than the Imperium.
>>
>>44695967
I'd merge the Imperial armies into one while merging the two Eldar armies. I'd get rid of the Necrons on top of that.
>>
Hm this is a toughy
I like nids we will keep those
You have to have humans
orks are made for fighting and winning and getting squated ain't winning
Guess we will keep the elder
Nerons are nice to
That auctualy really only leaves tau and I guess kroot or you can count daemons as a race and ditch kroot,
>>
>>44695967
>Imperium
>Chaos
>Tau
>Necrons
>Tyranids
>Orks
>Eldar
>dEldar
OR
>Muhreens
>Imperial Armies
>Chaos
>Tau
>Necrons
>Tyranids
>Orks
>Eldar (W/ Mechanical and model support for count-as dEldar equivalents. I.E. each mechanical unit says what its eldar and deldar equivalent is, even if they have identical mechanics.)
>>
Admech Forces (including Imperial Knights, Skitaari and Techpriests)
Imperial Guard and Stormtroopers
Ordo Xenos (including deathwatch for puritans and orks, eldar, and tau for radicals)
Ordo Malleus (daemons folded into an option for malefic psykers in general and unit choices for radical inquisitors in particular)
Ordo Hereticus, Arbiters, and Sisters of Battle
Space Marines (CSM are refluffed loyalists)
Variant Space Marines
Grey Knights

This makes a lot more sense if you think about it, to reflect the Imperium-centric nature of the game.
>>
File: 1437407622965.png (2 MB, 1277x719) Image search: [Google]
1437407622965.png
2 MB, 1277x719
>>44695967
I'd cut both space muhreens and chaos, and then you'd have a better.
>>
>>44695967
Marines
Guard
Chaos (daemons and chaos marines, make the chaos marines very powerful but extremely few in number)
Orks
Tyranids
Elder
Tau
Necron

Nothing else is needed. Sisters can just be a single squad elite choice in guard. Fuck Dark elder.
>>
>>44695967

Space Marines
Imperial Mortals (IG, Mechanicus, Knights, Titan legions)
Chaos Daemonkin
Eldar Craftworld, Corsairs, Exodites, Dark, Harlequins
Tau (inb4 rage)
Orks
Tyranids
Necrons

I guess you can cut Tau if you want Mechanicus on their own, as if we need that many Imperial factions.
>>
>>44695967
Combine Space Marines, Imperial Guard, and Inquisition.
>>
>>44695967
ditch inquisition, incorporate minis to SM and IG
combine all eldars into one
combine ALL space mehreens chapters into a single cockdex
>>
>>44718284

That's fucking retarded and also leaves you with BA, DA, and SW.
>>
>>44695967
Wait, are you implying astartes aren't humans?
>>
>>44719382

They are constantly referred to as being something no longer human. They are no longer mortal, they are above humanity, etc.
>>
>>44719460
genetically human, surgically altered
>>
>>44719471
>genetically human

Nigger what, they're made from the geneseed of gods and demi-gods.
>>
>>44695967
Remove all Space Marines. That should cut us down to eight right there.
>>
File: 600px-Taucronxeno_.jpg (70 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
600px-Taucronxeno_.jpg
70 KB, 600x600
>>44695967

My finalized list:

The Tau approach the Necrons to try and make an alliance for the Greater Good~. The Necrons end up assimilating the Tau. They become the Taucron.

Eldar and Dark Eldar merge into the Harlequins.

The Squigs get bigger and meaner. They eat the Tyranids, and the Orks follow the giant Dire-Squigs as their new bosses.

Final List:
>Space Marines
>Imperial Guard
>Inquisition
>Adeptus Mechanus
>Chaos
>Taucrons
>Harlequins
>Squigs
>>
>>44719500
>23 - 5 = 8

What's it like being this retarded?
>>
Considering the Human race is duplicated 4 times, and the Eldar twice, I'd say I'd eliminate 3 of the human races and one of the eldar. Ta-daaa. Nothing changes in 40k.
>>
>>44719551
Fuck off with your shitty fetish.
>>
>>44719551
Fuck off.
>>
>>44719551
>Orks having bosses other than greenskins

Fucking retard alert
>>
>>44698629
Dude, i think you need to check your sodium levels
>>
File: gallery_2_1354_178277.jpg (264 KB, 1021x1200) Image search: [Google]
gallery_2_1354_178277.jpg
264 KB, 1021x1200
>>44719551
When I said that was my finalized list, I lied.

Merge the Eldar with the Space Marines!
>>
Not really following the rules, but discuss with me teeg:

Ditch loyalist marines, after the heresy they stopped making astartes because they were seen as a clearly unstable product. Chaos space marines are few and far between, but what's left are the survivors of millenia of persecution without respite.

Necrons are back to soulless machines, C'Tan trickery and/or eldar shenanigans killed off the lords leaving only classic 'crons. C'Tan shards are free and sentient and trying to regain power by using their mindless pawns to kill and consume one another.

The only eldar left are the deldar, who strike out of their pocket dimension to steal supplies. Play down the elf part, play up the murderous fae part.

Orks and tyranids are mashed into one swarmy bioweapon race with big guys in charge. Commanders gain and lose power/intellect based on the size of their swarm, making them exponentially more dangerous as they grow.

Sisters of battle and imperial guard are rolled together, and pop out looking like dark angels without superhuman stuff.

Tau play up the mercenary aspect and play down the mecha. They are all of the disparate minor factions united by a mysterious leader known as the Ethereal. Their only hope in a galaxy with forces like the chaos and the imperium is to band together and fight in unorthodox ways.

The game has boiled down to four factions, and now it might actually be possible to balance it.
>>
>>44695967
Remove Dark Eldar, Tau, and Imperial Guard.

Then put back the Imperial Guard with heightened technology and tacticoolness. Have a few Tau units in the mix available as mutually exclusive stuff that kicks out most loyalist units.

Justify this as the Loyalist Imperial Guard gaining a technological edge in the Imperium side, and the Gue'vesa becoming the primary Tau line forces due to successful propaganda programs
>>
>>44719819
FUCK I can't count, apparently six factions.
>>
>>44719783
>>44719551
Super-duper revised list:

>Half-Eldar Space Marines
>Taucrons
>Orks (now fatter having eaten their Squigs, as the Squigs ate the Tyranids, as the Tyranids ate the Squats)
>Chaos (now including the newly corrupted Sisters of Chaos)
>New Army: Space Skaven
>New Army: Space Brettonian Knights
>>
>>44695967
Remove Chaos and you'd fix most of the problems with modern GW, which is ironic considering that's what set them apart originally
>>
Imperium - includes all Space Marines, Imperial Guard, Knights, etc etc

Chaos - CSM, Daemons, heretics, and traitors

Orks

Tyranids - bring back the Genestealer Cults and such.

Eldar - Includes both DE and CWE choices

Tau - Because I love people hating on them. Give them more options for alien auxiliaries like Squats.

Necrons

Space Skaven - because fuck it, I love those little bastards.
>>
>>44719878
>>New Army: Space Brettonian Knights
That's basically Black Templars. Just put them on bikes.
>>
>>44719936
...but then it's just generic man vs aliens. The whole warp thing is pretty much the only interesting part of 40K.
>>
Final, ultimate list:

Tau
Eldar
Sisters of Battle

Because you faggots don't deserve nice things.
>>
File: Squat.jpg (64 KB, 738x936) Image search: [Google]
Squat.jpg
64 KB, 738x936
>>44695967
Squats
Ratlings
Ogyns
Rak'Gol
Hrud
Other abhumans and things with no Codex
>>
>>44720029
May just be me but I find man vs alien in a setting with severe technological regression an interesting enough concept.
>>
>>44720071

I'd play it. Rak'Gol for life.
>>
>>44695967

If it's 6 of the pictured 10, and it's Inquisition not SoB, squat the DE (who have no significance in the metanarrative) and the Tau (who, although I don't particularly like them, are only really being picked by exclusion since the other races are pretty core to the setting while the Tau aren't).
>>
File: Games-Workshop-Logo.jpg (164 KB, 1391x579) Image search: [Google]
Games-Workshop-Logo.jpg
164 KB, 1391x579
>>44720143
Pic related shall be the equivalent of Chaos.
>>
Drop Space Marines and Orks.
>>
>>44720300

GUYS

GUYS LISTEN

GUYS

LET'S MAKE THE NEXT STAR WARS MOVIE...

BUT WITHOUT JEDIS AND TROOPERS
>>
>There are people in this thread right now not including Necrons

If the army got one of the new starter boxes it stays because those are the ones that make money.
>>
>>44720841

Who cares about Necrons other than Necronfags? Oldcrons were just metal Tyranids and Newcrons are just metal Chaos.
>>
>>44720891
I thought Oldcrons were 'Chaos Androids'?

Check.
>>
>>44720666
That'd probably be better desu senpai
>>
>>44720914
>doesn't even know the difference between oldcrons and newcrons
>"check"

cringe/10
>>
>>44695967
I cut Tau, Sisters, Tyranids, and Necrons, Inquisition, Dark Eldar.

Tau contribute nothing to the universe, Sisters and Inquisition are just add-ons to Guard and shouldn't be able to field armies by themselves.

Tyranids and Necrons both work better as unknowable enemies of the Universe. I'd keep them in lore as the big bads but remove them as playable factions.

Dark Eldar just roll into the Eldar codex.

Easy.
>>
>>44721005
>Easy

You still have like 15+ factions left.
>>
Codex Imperium
Codex Chaos
Codex Xenos
>>
>>44721005
To improve upon that.

Cut Knights, Ad Mech, and Tempestus.
>>
>>44721162

None of those fucking armies should have even been made. Only faggots who like them go "cool" and after the initial newness wears off all that's left is a blight upon the game.
>>
Chaos leads to AoS. Therefore, cut Chaos before it ruins everything.
>>
>>44695967
Remove Codexes for the faction Pan Fo and faction Stronghold Assault
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
19 KB, 480x360
>>44719747

DID SOMEBODY SAY

SODIUM??????????
>>
>>44695967
Tau and Sisters of battle can both go. Tau don't do much fluff wise and are pretty boring save for Farsight. Sisters are a non-faction as is, with the reason for GW's refusal to just discontinue them being a fucking mystery
Thread replies: 243
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.