[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I do my Ecclesiarchy characters in DH right, /tg/? Where
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 1024x748) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 1024x748
How do I do my Ecclesiarchy characters in DH right, /tg/? Where to look for inspiration?
>>
>>
File: Sisters Book.jpg (91 KB, 960x632) Image search: [Google]
Sisters Book.jpg
91 KB, 960x632
>>44694030
Depends on what you want. There are many, many different types of religious people, even those who hold ranks in devout organizations and are fervent believers in their faith.

>The Prophet:
The Prophet seeks to go out and spread the Word of their faith through deeds and actions, often heedless of the dangers of doing so. He or she is willing to preach and amass a following in hostile environments and unfaithful cities, and sees the possibility of death or harm as being irrelevant compared to doing the will of their God. Nothing matters to them but their faith, and spreading it among the masses.

>The Inquisitor:
Not to be confused with the Imperial Inquisition, The Inquisitor is as equally pious and devout as The Prophet. Unlike the Prophet, however, the Inquisitor focuses far more on policing other religious individuals within their faith rather than on converting nonbelievers, and views unity of purpose and structure as being absolutely critical to their faith. While this does not necessarily mean that they oppose debate and discussion in their ranks, actual division among members is strictly intolerable to the Inquisitor.

>The Missionary
A smaller subset of The Prophet, The Missionary believes in going out and converting other people through their words, actions and deeds. However, unlike the Prophet, they focus generally on one specific area or issue rather than the movement as a whole, such as education, literacy, providing food and water to the needy, etc. Missionaries may eventually become Prophets, but it is far from a requirement, and many Missionaries are perfectly content to perform their duties and do them to the best of their ability rather than aspire to grand power.

>The Wandering Priest
The Wandering Priest is somewhat like the Missionary, except he does not stick around in one place for very long. He most often believes in traveling wherever the wind takes him, and resolving issues and performing acts of faith along the way.
>>
>>44695045
This is solid advice. Don't be one of those fags that thinks all commissars are grimstupid executioners, all Sisters are dumb fire and brimstone, or all inquisitors blow up planters every Tuesday. Every group has a large number of divergent ways to think, and the Imperium is so massive that there isn't much conformity beyond Emperor = Good
>>
>>44697817
My cleric was basically a Buddhist and he made it to Ascension
>>
File: 1406075035800.jpg (455 KB, 674x1501) Image search: [Google]
1406075035800.jpg
455 KB, 674x1501
While we're on the subject, I'd like to ask - what's the difference between an Arbites and a Commissar who's especially a stickler for the rules? In a DH or RT party, they seem like they'd share about the same role.
>>
>>44698169
That's actual legitimately awesome.

>>44698272
There's probably some overlap, since commissars are kinda like military police. However, due to the political part of commissars, they're probably more willing to stick their nose into the business of aristocracy---and know how to deal with them better, on average---than Arbites, who are trained to be pretty hands-off with planetary politics so long as what they're doing doesn't break the few laws of the Imperium.

As far as party dynamics go, both would likely stick to the law, although a commissar may be more insistent diligence and obedience to superiors than an Arbite. But, of course, there are variations within both based on the individual.
>>
>>44698169
That sounds pretty awesome. The grimdarkness of 40k already kind of fits the 'life is suffering' thing, and the Emperor could more or less be a figure of enlightenment while he suffers on his throne.
>>
>>44694030
How about Mighitly Oats?

>burns his holy book to save a life, because it was the best way to use it.

>He preaches forgiveness, and Forgiveness is the name of the double-headed battleaxe that he carries with him through the fearful places of the world.

>"Everywhere I look I see something holy."

>"An axe isn't a holy symbol, you stupid man."
>"Oh. Then let's make it one." Cuts the vampire's head off.

>“It’s not as simple as that. It’s not a black and white issue. There are so many shades of gray.”
>“Nope.”
>“Pardon?”
>“There’s no grays, only white that’s got grubby. I’m surprised you don’t know that. And sin, young man, is when you treat people as things. Including yourself. That’s what sin is.”
>“It’s a lot more complicated than that—”
>“No. It ain’t. When people say things are a lot more complicated than that, they means they’re getting worried that they won’t like the truth. People as things, that’s where it starts.”
>“Oh, I’m sure there are worse crimes—”
>“But they starts with thinking about people as things…”
>>
>>44698272

The Commisariat has no authority beyond the bounds of the Astra Millitarum. The Commisar cannot simply blam an Administratum Scribe. Well, maybe if he's in the Departmento Munitorium but that's a grey area.

Arbites, as enforcers of Imperial Law, have the means and the methods of investigating the like of Planetary Governors and nobility. Not unlimited authority. Can't just kill them all and let the Emperor sort them out but it is something.
>>
>>44698272

One deals with military crimes and morale, the other are the space feds. Though both have their rulebooks firmly clenched between their buttcheeks they deal with different areas and different crimes.

So they pretty much shoot people the same, but different people and for different reasons.
>>
>>44698272
An Arbites is the Imperial equivalent of an FBI Agent while a Commissar is a Military Morale Officer.
>>
>>44701687
Commissars and officers of the Imperial Guard are able to establish martial law. They're perfectly capable of extending their reach.

It's only during certain situations, of course, but it happens.
>>
>>44701687
>>44702043
Either way, if you can flash an Inquisitorial Rosette, it won't matter too much. This kind of stuff would only matter in a RT campaign.
>>
>>44701400
>>“It’s not as simple as that. It’s not a black and white issue. There are so many shades of gray.”
>>“Nope.”
>>“Pardon?”
>>“There’s no grays, only white that’s got grubby. I’m surprised you don’t know that. And sin, young man, is when you treat people as things. Including yourself. That’s what sin is.”
>>“It’s a lot more complicated than that—”
>>“No. It ain’t. When people say things are a lot more complicated than that, they means they’re getting worried that they won’t like the truth. People as things, that’s where it starts.”
>>“Oh, I’m sure there are worse crimes—”
>>“But they starts with thinking about people as things…”
That's fucking great.
>>
I am not OP, but I would like a personal question answered after a one-shot got it going...

How would you play as Jack Chick in the 41st Millennium?
>>
File: alexander anderson.jpg (53 KB, 800x471) Image search: [Google]
alexander anderson.jpg
53 KB, 800x471
Make Alexander Anderson IN SPAAAAAAAAAAAACE
>>
>>44697817
>all inquisitors blow up planters every Tuesday
Oh, not again.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.