[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star City Games Charlotte Open MTG
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: scg.jpg (10 KB, 294x171) Image search: [Google]
scg.jpg
10 KB, 294x171
Just a separate thread that can be focused on discussion of the open.

What do people think of the top 8 line up?

I unfortunately wasn't able to catch day one and am pretty excited at seeing what sort of power a mainboard Keranos brings to the table in twin.
>>
Well that was quick, turns out having both the ability to create pressure and combo out trumps better individual creatures.
>>
Really glad Goryo's is in top 8, it makes for some interesting games. Shame Hoogland's brew lost to it but he's a faggot so screw it.
Basically I'm glad that almost half of the top 8 decks are "Tier 2" decks, shame about decks like Merfolk and Infect not showing up though.
>>
>>44694403
Why do people hate Hoogland again? I just know it seems universal in the MTG community. I do really like Kiki-Chord desu, and this is a pretty cool top 8.
>>
Hoolgand lost game one because of "marked" sleeves and then got combo'd out game two
>>
>>44694448
Count the number of games where Hoogland has a t1 birds out. They're some of the only foils in his deck too. It's kinda suspicious and a pretty bitch move especially if you're trying to convince the world of your brew.
>>
File: 1316027575648.jpg (27 KB, 370x222) Image search: [Google]
1316027575648.jpg
27 KB, 370x222
Modern event deck lost
>>
Dat misplay
Thats why you never forget how to assign your damage
>>
>>44694808
Nevermind?
The fuck just happened?
>>
TOKENS!!!! NOOO
>>
>>44694808

They've changed how trample works so many times that it's no surprise people can't keep track of it.

Sometimes it's automatic, sometimes it needs to be announced, sometimes protection stops it, sometimes it doesn't...
>>
When tokens got IoK'd weren't there two Paths of exile with a champion?
>>
>>44694821

Jund guy attacked for lethal with 4/4 trampler that got blocked by two 1/1s but forgot to say that he assigns the leftover damage to opponent.

Smells like rules lawyering bullshit to me, I think it's fucking obvious what's intended when you hit them with a trampler.
>>
>>44694896
it's total rules lawyering, I can only guess from what I saw as there was not sound but it seems the players didn't give a fuck even when that fat chode of a judge was explaining it to them.
>>
>>44694896
Its obvious sure, but if you miss your call you should be at fault imo.

They're basically playing at a Judge Open at this point if Judges will call the wins.
>>
What does midrange mean?
>>
>>44695014
>Midrange decks in this definition are slower creature-based decks who trump the speed of fast aggro with better quality from their somewhat more expensive spells.
Stolen from wikipedia
>>
I've never seen Grishoalbrand in action, holy shit.
>>
"We've seen a really diverse metagame", yeah, we've seen twelve different kinds of combo deck.
>>
you've got to be shitting me, that is some faggotry right there
>>
>Lose game because you name a card shorthand and it turns out it's an actual card so your spell does nothing
Woooooooow
>>
Oh my fucking god, this is the most rules-lawyering bullshit tournament ever.

>Sorry, it looks like you named "Borborygmos" instead of "Borborygmos Enraged". Tough luck, kid. :^)
>>
File: typical modern player.jpg (254 KB, 1000x592) Image search: [Google]
typical modern player.jpg
254 KB, 1000x592
>>44695332
u mad bro? u salty? haha u mad? Xd
>>
>>44695554
Don't put pithing needle in your deck unless you know how it works. Complaining about naming the wrong card with needle is like complaining when a judge stops you from hitting face with roast.
>>
>>44695563
>>44695554
Holy shit what the fuck did I miss
>>
>>44695659

Nope, it's bullshit rules-lawyering. Just like in the Huntmaster scenario twenty minutes ago, it was completely obvious what the guy intended to do, and was bullshitted out of a victory via a technicality.
>>
>>44695704
Guy plays pithing needle and names borborygmos, other guy plays borborygmos and kills him saying "this one is borborygmos ENRAGED"
>>
>>44695704

Guy plays against Huang, puts down Pithing Needle naming Borborygmos. Which is an actual card, so he's allowed to say that. Only the card Huang uses (and he saw earlier) is called Borborygmos Enraged. Needle does nothing. He loses.
>>
>>44695749
>>44695741
Well shit, hes not wrong but thats kind of a dickish move.
>>
>>44695332
Combo decks are the cancer killing Magic.
Thats why I play Burn XD
>>
File: 1392791034000.jpg (5 KB, 226x223) Image search: [Google]
1392791034000.jpg
5 KB, 226x223
jund within striking distance of an actual tournament result
>>
>>44695851

The really hilarious part is that he could've just said "That leggo you played earlier that deals damage when you discard lands" and that counts as "naming" for Pithing Needle purposes, and he would have survived. But because he tried to actually say its name, but didn't say the whole name verbatim, he died.
>>
>>44695707
Remember, this is game of autism. Magic isn't a good game in the sense of rules, actually one could argue this game is complete shit rule wise. It's just complete bullshit one has to deal with, if you play this competitively.

To me this is one reason why it's not fun to watch magic. There is so much confusion with rules and so much cheating shit going on streams that can't survive through without getting mad.
>>
Karma is a bitch
>>
>Bob loses horribly

Thats what you get for cheating you faggot.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.