[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>that guy who spergs who spergs at anything he considers "anime"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 5
File: ffff.jpg (61 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
ffff.jpg
61 KB, 500x375
>that guy who spergs who spergs at anything he considers "anime"
>that dm who gets whiny OOC because characters refuse to take a quest from a HURR SO PROGRESSIVE self-insert npc
>that girl who keeps trying to shoehorn modern morals into high fantasy world with five floating continents
>that guy who wouldn't shut up about Steven Universe

That Guy/That DM thread?
>>
Had a gm once that wanted us to stay purely on the rails and never do anything else. His games would start with some variation of "your in a bar, there's a terminal."

Last game I remember playing with him was shadowrun. At the begining, to no one's surprise, he started us off in a bar with a terminal. When we tried to do anything that wasn't using the terminal he would stop us in the most ridiculous manner. Eg, player goes to leave the bar, "Ok a bar fight starts up and you get thrown into the terminal. It flickers on."

The most ridiculous was when one player tried to kill himself, his pistol miraculously had now ammo, then dissapeared when he tried to bash his skull in, them tried to throw himself out a window and land right in a bush safely because the window was.actually on the first floor and not on the 5th or whatever it actually was. We all ended up packing out stuff and leaving.
>>
>Have a shitty gm
>Put up with his antics instead of looking for a new group

/thread
>>
>>44689491
>Steven Universe

What's that about anyway?
>>
File: vCd4LOT.gif (96 KB, 262x263) Image search: [Google]
vCd4LOT.gif
96 KB, 262x263
>>44693194
Gems
>>
>push friend into DMing a game
>help him even choose players who I would like to play with
>he agrees, chooses few people which I recomended, and makes actually a great postapocalyptic game
>make a crafter/scavenger
>literally want to scavenge whatever I can find, and craft whatever I can
>no time for that, get railroaded with the group for the main questline, which I am not exactly interested in
>everyone drags my character around, even though he would rather craft stuff, learn new recipes and scavenge
>go through a bunker, but before I can scavenge anything, I get railroaded away
>get a ship later
>want to spend few days in the town to make the ship fucking indestructible
>NOPE, get railroaded away
>ship barely in any shape to go on a water
>spend half of a day working, I am not allowed more, because woo, we are riding the railroad
>ship gets destroyed because some fucks want our loot
>get told who it is
>meet him
>threaten to kill him, even if it costs my life
>get ignored completely, not even one reaction
>just quietly leave

I haven't had the balls to tell him that I wanna leave, or anything yet, because I pushed him into the game

what do /tg/?
>>
>>44694229
tell the group that you don't feel like their playstile fits yours, suggest a few changes if possible, if not politely leave.
>>
>>44693194
Lesbianism.
>>
>>44693194
Surprisingly well written lesbians from space.
>>
>>44689491
This meme is making fun of /thisboard/ right ?
>>
>>44694229
I'll be honest, I think you're That Guy. You're not interested in the plot, (can you even describe it?) you're not interested in any situations that don't let you scavenge/craft or (it seems) what the other players are doing, and you expect everyone else to sit around for (in-game) days while you scavenge/craft. Also, it isn't necessarily railroading by the DM, it's keeping the game flowing rather than constantly getting halted by that one guy that wants to rummage in every single junk pile. Try to engage with the game better (maybe make a different character with more to him than the process below) or drop out.
>IF (scavenging possible)
>Scavenge ELSE
>IF (crafting possible)
>Craft ELSE
>Pout
>>
>>44695439
oh no no, it is not exactly that. I would not mind being left behind, or just saying
>well I am gonna do stuff here for x hours, you do your stuff
To be honest, the game goes like that. Especially in the town, everyone goes doing whatever they want. The DM switches to the character often, to goes with them through whatever they wanna do. Not me, because I am being ignored almost all the time. Usually I have to ask two or three times to do anything.

And about the story, I am interested. That is why I joined of course. But you know, on the way to reach the end, you also wanna do your stuff, not fully focus on it. And of course I do have the options to do so. I just cannot, because the group agrees to go somewhere and I cannot be left behind.

On the other hand, everyone keeps making weird sexual jokes all the time, or just talking about sex. Because guy roleplaying girl, making sex jokes and references, asking for fuck is not exactly what I would like to see in game.

But like you said, I do feel the problem is even in me
>>
>>44695656
>weird sex jokes
>guy roleplaying as a girl "jokingly" asking to fuck in game
GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN
>>
>>44695971
well yeah, I want to get out for a while, but I feel like I would insult the DM
I mean I pushed him into the game and stuff, and he is real bro. I don't want to make him mad or anything by me leaving the game.

So I am just going with the flow.
I mean the first sessions we got a quest that we will get gear if we go on a date with NPC. One guy fucked her later, but whatever.
I just ignore it when they go on with their lets get more traps (unfortunatelly not those which would kill you)

So yeah, I am just usually sitting there, annoyed, but going with the flow because I don't want to insult the DM
>>
>>44695656
Hmm. So, maybe the character doesn't fit totally with the others, but it's not as bad as it first sounded, so don't beat yourself up too much. Does sound you have confidence issues with speaking up and the DM isn't doing a very good job of helping you with this, or just generally paying attention. Would mentioning that to him outside the game be possible? Assertiveness is fucking difficult, I know, but remember proper assertiveness isn't confrontational.

I just get the feeling if you could get your ideas heard in the game more you might be a bit happier.

>>44696206
Or, maybe not, maybe the problems are deeper. This is a difficult one, but if your friend is really bro-tier he should be okay to sit down and listen to you. Try to remember to tell him all the bits you've found fun in the campaign, it'll cheer him up and stop you sounding negative about the campaign he started at your behest. ("I liked it when I ran round the ship repairing it under fire, getting the opportunity to use my dude's skills, I'd just like a few more opportunities to do that sort of thing rather than the sex stuff, you know?")
>>
Rolled 1 + 1 (1d2 + 1)

>That GM who makes a game that actually has so much emotional manipulation and down right abuse it actually made you consider suicide.
>>
I know a guy who throws a bitchfit every single time he sees something that MIGHT be MLP.

I got yelled at for making a Texan character in Shadowrun with Distinctive Style(Strong Accent) because apparently I was trying to slip Applejack into a running team.
>>
>>44696549
Sounds to me like the guy watches MLP secretly and projects his shame onto everyone else
>>
>>44696549
How would he know in the first place?
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 330x328) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 330x328
>Haven't played a game in months
>DM vanished without warning
>Hasn't even been on skype despite the fact that he was always on before now
A friend of his told me he wasn't dead, so what the fuck, man.
>>
>>44696549
you should create characters just to screw around with him and get others to join the fun
>>
File: 1451119173918.png (147 KB, 324x324) Image search: [Google]
1451119173918.png
147 KB, 324x324
>Crazy cultists fucking everything up
>Bunch of dying/dead civilians on the ground
>Cutlists all get CC'd to a standstill thanks to Bard.
>Decide to cast Agnazzars Scorcher to torch all the cultists
"Your character wouldn't do that"
>I'm a CN Sorcerer.
>Railroaded into interrogating the cultists because reasons
>They end up escaping somehow
>>
>>44693156
That's the (albeit smart or pragmatic) easy way. We need to argue for the sake of arguing!
>>
>>44696947
This

>Purple haired wizard
>Super nice cleric/druid/tamer
>Bard with a gem obsession

not that i used to watch it or anything...
>>
>>44696493
The problem is that it is his game, and i have no right to talk about how he likes to play it and stuff.

I do enjoy the game a fuckton, the settings and he has awesome with the NPCs. But sometimes I just feel like I am completely left out, or that I am just not too interested in the game. Especially at those moments when everyone goes talking about sex, I am just sitting there, thinking why am I even there
>>
>>44694229
It's a group activity, the other players don't want to sit there and watch you scavenge and craft stuff. Don't be That Guy.
>>
>>44696206
Why would you push someone into DMing? If you want something done right, do it yourself.
>>
>>44697805
he was running a game before that which I incredibly enjoyed, but then everyone kinda ran away from the game so he had to stop.
But wanted to run another game since then, and I was supporting him. Not exactly pushing tho
>>
>argumentative asshole is argumentative asshole, loves mixing IC and OOC and calls people pussies when they try to end it to move on with the roleplay
>tries to take charge of the team every game he is in despite the fact no one in the party wants him in charge.
>wonders why he doesn't get asked into more games and why people avoid him on our TS
>>
>>44697324
it's supposed to be fun for everyone. Talk to him, srsly, communication tends to solve most problems on the table.
>>
File: 1447266779298.gif (1012 KB, 450x200) Image search: [Google]
1447266779298.gif
1012 KB, 450x200
>>44689491
>That group that won't shut up about Undertale

I mean yeah it's good but for fucks sake I assumed they came to play D&D and not praise the taste of Toby Fox's cock for hours on end
>>
>>44689491
>>that guy who spergs who spergs at anything he considers "anime"
I've only ever seen this type of That Guy post on /tg/, ever. I'm not sure they actually exist outside of 4chan, which is ironic given 4chan's origins.
>>
>>44695656
You are sitting out of the game and doing your own mini-game constantly. The GM is trying to get you involved.
>>
>>44698328
had that happen to me last game I was GMing.

Character kills a dead skeleton and says to the other you just killed papyrus. Enter a shop "hoi is this the tem shop?"

I got tired of it but everyone else seemed to be enjoying it so i let it pass
>>
>>44695656
>everyone keeps making weird sexual jokes all the time, or just talking about sex
>just talking about sex
Oh my god you're one of those aren't you. Fuck. Get me the fuck out of here, they don't deserve to have to put up with your shit either.
>>
>>44694229
>>44695656
You don't seem to understand, it IS exactly that. You're a problem. You, OOC, are being the problem. You don't seem to understand what this collective enterprise called PnPRPGs even is.
>>
>>44689491
>That guy who uses memes in real life
Dude what the hell is wrong with you. You show up every week and talk in memes. There's no need to repeat the too old/young/dank memes. It's unoriginal and makes you sound like a shut-in.

tldr: If you talk in memes, learn from my friend. Don't be an idiot. They're not funny and neither are you. Everyone around you wants to kill you when you do.
>>
>>44695439
This.
>>
>>44695656
Ah, if:
>The DM switches to the character often, to goes with them through whatever they wanna do. Not me, because I am being ignored almost all the time. Usually I have to ask two or three times to do anything.
This happens, then they just detest you and you should leave ASAP. They're picking on you on purpose. No grays here about it.

Also:
>oh no no, it is not exactly that. I would not mind being left behind, or just saying
>>well I am gonna do stuff here for x hours, you do your stuff

This is why I prefer 1 on 1 based DM-player interactions through turns and such instead of "muh group or party play forever!" method.
>>
>>44696499
Elabora compaƱero.
>>
>>44694622
>>>/polygon/
>>
>>44693194
Social justice warriors
>>
>>44698443
I figure they are like the SJWs, some boggyman to bitch about that doesn't live in real life but only on the internet.
>>
>>44703279

>American school campuses
>American child custody laws
>American culture
>"doesn't live in real life"

lmfao
>>
>>44703398
I'll let you know if I ever find one.
>>
>>44703279
do you live in a fucking cult compound or something? How have you never experienced the outside world?
>>
>>44705274
Do you not, you know, talk to people in the outside world? Ever? Or do you only hang out with people who think like you? Hell, maybe it's you who are the SJW so the world looks SJW-free to you.
>>
>>44705292
I go out, but its mostly potheads and hipsters.
>>
>>44689491
>that girl who keeps trying to shoehorn modern morals into high fantasy world with five floating continents
This one really shouldn't be all that surprising. Most people don't spend their time considering alternative moral systems let alone their own. You can't reasonably expect someone to to adjust to an alternative world view without proper introduction. The number or floatieness of continents in the world has nothing to do with it. That shit is thrown at the average consumer of fiction so often it's not worth a second glance. The sort of fantasy the average person is exposed to has all sort of crazy shit going on without the slightest deviation from the common, western perception of morality.

I'm not saying that is the way it should be but some consideration should be taken for the people who don't know anything else. Not everyone has consider this shit as deeply as we have and that should be taken into account when inviting them to games.
>>
>>44696982
>"Your character wouldn't do that"
Like, 101 of things GMs shouldn't say.

Granted, I often ask my players for their line of thinking - but I always allow it.

Except that one time when someone wanted to kill the party because "the wizard was wearing yellow", then I just said no and kept debating in my head which was the better choice between bad (but not shit) game or no game.
>>
>>44705348
/pol/ please ease up on the lizardman talk.

SJWs exist, but they are not some New World Order - they are just entitled brats that politicians have found out are extremely useful as attack dogs against anyone and everything.

They are the Maoist cults of the 68, vocal but a mayfly.
>>
>>44699707
somebody get this hothead out of here
>>
>>44689491
>That guy, who spergs out when he thinks you want to play a character ripped off from a videogame
>>
>>44696982
Even if your character had an alignment that wouldn't /normally/ do that, even the most lawful good characters have falls from grace for one reason or another.

It also overlooks the fluidity that the alignment system is suppose to have, the RP of changing perspective. Be it from becoming a well traveled adventurer who has settled from being chaotic to neutral, or from having the ugliness of the world thrown in your face and shifting from good to neutral.

Also your GM is bad at railroading.
>>
>>44696982
If I ever had a DM that would try to pull that as if I'm not the forever-DM I would say "which one of us is the character's player?" and stare him in the eye until he justified his earlier outburst or backed off. The DM is a DM. He's supposed to be all the NPCs, not the PCs.
>>
>>44707566
>Deploys creature with mind-control macguffin
"I am."

Joking, but out of interest would this be better or worse than just telling you what your character does?
>>
>>44707975
without will saves? much worse.
with will saves and abiding to the "no obviously self-endangering and self-harmful actions" rule? not quite as bad, but the player won't like it.
>>
This motherfucker.

>>44689861
>>
>>44697324
>The problem is that it is his game, and i have no right to talk about how he likes to play it and stuff.
Nah, you have the right to talk to him. Just don't be that asshole who goes on rants about what he hates in the game. More 'Hey I'm feeling a bit left out...'
>>
>>44707566
See, I'd do things a bit more passive-aggressively until the end of the session. Start with telling the other player characters to kill them because mine can't for some reason, then when they don't take out a knife (in character) and try to stab them. When that fails he starts shouting about how these people are scum and murderers and he won't ever forgive himself for not being able to stop these people from doing harm ever again but there's some sort of intangible, nonsensical barrier stopping my character from acting.

Then when the session is up suicide because my character clearly wasn't able to stop them from getting away and quit.

No games is better than bad games.
>>
>>44703279
Non-gringo here, the SJW is real. It might seem like a joke but the amount of people voicing opinions that seem to have been stole from a Tumblr Strawman is just fucking absurd.
>>
>>44705714
>mayfly
>mfw SJ is becoming more and more popular here
>mfw old left is dying while the "right" and the new left, specifically SJ politicians, grow in power
>no face

Not every place is the US.
>>
>>44689491
>that OP who couldn't stop gargling cocks
>>
>>44689491
>that guy who tries to bait by throwing every topic he's seen in a troll thread into the OP
>>
>>44691293
But anon, what if you were in the Matrix, all along?
>>
>>44709354
It's true in the US too, unfortunately. We just have anons in denial
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.