[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New to DnD and was wondering how necromancers are treated by
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
New to DnD and was wondering how necromancers are treated by NPCs?
I get that the magic itself is taboo but uf you dont use it around the NPCs will they still treat you poorly?
Could you use this dark atmosphere around your character as a kind of intimidation?
Use it to enchance a storytelling, poetry, musical performance?
>Tl;dr
>Is being a necromancers always a bad thing?
>Will you always be treated as such?
>>
If it is taboo and they know you are a neckromancer, then they will either treat you with suspicion, hatred, or fear. If they don't, then they will treat your Nekomancer like every other stranger.
>>
>>44687969
You can use dark Magic, but any time you cast a spell with the [evil] descriptor, like say animate dead, it counts as an evil act. Necromancers can be good, but only if they're willing to toe that line. If I were you, I'd make your necromancer part of a good church, wear priest robes and all.
>>
Is unseen servant strong enough to carry a body?
>>
File: Catgirl Witch.jpg (82 KB, 736x945) Image search: [Google]
Catgirl Witch.jpg
82 KB, 736x945
>>44688029
>Nekomancer
>>
File: image.jpg (304 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
304 KB, 1136x640
>>44688075
>>just read the damn book lmao
>>
Depends on the setting, the area where the game takes place and the GM. Chances are that if you try to bring zombies with you into a random town you'll be treated as a villain. Oh, and you don't get any "dark atmosphere" or the like as a class ability.
>>
>>44688129
>>44688129
Let's do that instead, Nekomancer must be like a mix of Diviner ,a Summoner, and a Druid.Crazy spells can put whiskers in the face of enemies or making them meowing instead of talking.
>>
How does the DnD community feel about firearms?
How often are they utilized?
I was reading about them yesterday and someone said they work they same as crossbows.
If this is true its kind of unrealistic, it seems to me guns of that period took way longer to reload then cross bows
>>
>>44688129
THAT FUCKING STAFF

it makes a little sound effect when drawn and I kept hearing it in this one dungeon and I thought I was going insane and my healer was all NOPE DON'T HEAR ANYTHING and pulling it out when I was distracted.

Fuck healers.
>>
>>44688376
They're crossbows but worse
>>
>>44688330
Could you stack it with this?
http://engl393-dnd5th.wikia.com/wiki/Alter_Self
>>
Who's this necromancer and why does he like necks so much?
>>
>>44688376
Well, crossbows also took a minute to reload. So at least it's consistent.

Try using the fantasycraft rules. High damage and armor piercing (because fantasycraft uses damage reduction), but it takes seven move actions to reload.
>>
>>44688504
So in this case it would be a good idea to have multiple guns loaded like a pirate?
>>
>>44688376
How about making them pretty powerful, but reloading takes a successful skill check? Bigger weapons mean higher DC, therefore longer reload times.
>>
>>44687969
Depends on the setting and the DM, really. Some will just treat it as another magical option, and make NPC reactions no different than the ones they'd display towards Conjurers or Enchanters. Some will treat it as the ultimate unforgivable taboo, and have any NPCs who learn about try to flee from you or try to kill you, depending on whether they stand a chance of taking you out. Sidenote, I've found that when DMs go that route, both the number of NPCs who stand a chance of killing you and their constant availability are really surprising. The BBEG might be given weeks at a time to work unopposed, but expect your PC Necromancer's life to be witchhunters and holy knights, just all the time...

As for the possibility of the aura of dread surrounding your PC being used in any evocative way to enhance the game...it could happen, but don't bet on it. That's the kind of thing that really good DMs would do, and Sturgeon's Law applies to tabletop games as much as it does anything else; 90% of DMs are crap. Sad but true.
>>
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 640x1136
>>44688491
> he doesn't like necks

Wtf
>>
>>44688656
>Sidenote, I've found that when DMs go that route, both the number of NPCs who stand a chance of killing you and their constant availability are really surprising.
You forgot to mention that NPCs will also become abnormally insightful about the party's talents.
>>
>>44688708
You dont like psychic peasants?
>>
>>44688656
The problem with pc neckwearmancers is that they are more visible than the bbeg and might actually distract the authorities from said bbeg.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.