[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What can you tell me about this game? How popular it is? How
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: pic2619704_md.jpg (102 KB, 338x500) Image search: [Google]
pic2619704_md.jpg
102 KB, 338x500
What can you tell me about this game? How popular it is? How good it is? I'm trying to get into wargaming so I know jack shit I don't really like the fact that this is the most generic setting possible but on the other hand it's cheaper than Warhammer Fantasy so there is that.
>>
Cheap minis, simple rules. Good game, I say.
>>
Minis are horrible.
>>
>>44687813

Minis are a mixed bag but luckily you're under no obligation to use them even at official tournaments so just use whatever you like.
>>
>>44686295
I like it , it's all about units and movement , it plays fast, the rules are easy to learn , the factions are balanced and heroes, warmachines and magic are useful but don't steal the focus of the game, and the minis range from ridiculous to good, the Drakon rider must be the ugliest mini ever but I like the naiads and demons (minus the molochs and the big demon).
About the popularity, it depends of where you are from, it seems to be picking steam well in Spain at least.
>>
>>44686295

Good, simple rules. It's WHFB with none of the exploits or serious imbalance issues or other GW practices tainting it. It does however have a really mediocre model line and the game world, well I think it's more interesting then a lot of stuff, does not have 30 years of material to work with.

On that note I think many fans and anons over value the Old World way, way too much. Aside from being dirty and comically grimdark, the central focus of the Empire is pretty generic compared to other parts of the setting. Still my favorite take on Chaos though, and it has a lot of other cool realized factions like Ogres, Lizardmen, Skaven, etc.
>>
>>44686295
Majority of minis are terrible...np though there is a ton of companies that make fantasy minis.

Rules are fun (setting is utter shit).
>>
>>44688163
the empire are literally the least generic faction in warhammer fantasy. every other faction is basically the same as represented in other major fantasy works but I cant think of any other fantasy world that the human faction is holy roman empire germanics rather than medieval knights. youd expect them to be like the knights of bretonnia.
>>
>>44688316

Even Bretonnia is unique because most fantasy nights do not take any cues from Arthurian mythos.
>>
>>44688163
Fantasy can't even be called grimdark it's just darker than LOTR and D&D Empire is benelovent (at least in theory) and more reasonable than it's 40K counterpart.
>>
>>44688394
yeah I agree. I kind of threw brettonia out there because they are kniggits but Arthurian knights aren't really used either.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.