[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you port best race over to Shadowrun? From what I know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: Skaven_Civil_War.png (632 KB, 476x701) Image search: [Google]
Skaven_Civil_War.png
632 KB, 476x701
How do you port best race over to Shadowrun?
From what I know elves, orgre, and trolls are pretty much just humans with a birth defect, so how would Skaven start popping up?
Would it more or less be the same way?
>>
>>44685374
Class III SURGE. You wont have a whole swarm though.
>>
>>44685440
>Swarm.
Brown rats have litters up to 14, you can easily say that they more or less went at it like rabbits.
Plus a corp having a small swarm of Skaven guarding their important things would make some at least hesitant runners.
>>
>>44685517
>hesitant
>runners
HA
>>
Lowered max Strength, Logic, and Charisma; raised max Reaction, Intuition, and Edge. Natural thermographic vision and toxin/disease resistance, something something toxic shamans.

Corps would probably love them for guarding nasty places like toxic waste dumps. Although the odd Skaven 'runner would most likely be a lot of fun.
>>
>>44685374
there's a whole bunch megacities in shadowrun right ?
>>
>>44685678
Yup, they also have some nice 5 star sewers for the Skaven to live in. You can also use this to explain why they weren't mentioned before, because they are pretty much double Ogre charisma wise, thus prefer not to be near humans because they keep busting out the boom sticks.
They only really started to get jobs on the surface when corps started to realize they were sapient enough to hire.
>>
>>44685781
>before. Because they are pretty much double Ogre charisma wise, they prefer
Fuck my grammar is bad today.
>>
>>44685374
The rats in the sewers evolved. Done.
>>
SURGE or a custom HMHVV strain could both work (Skaven as carrion eaters doesn't feel like a big stretch).
>>
>>44685781
ok so they live in the sewers and maybe they've begun creating tunnels throughout the lower parts of the city that extend out from it and try to connect to other cities.
the reason they haven't been found is because they avoid the parts that have entrances to the surface unless its in a backalley.
>>
>>44686149
Pretty much what I just said, I imagine they would have to be sooner or later found.
Though, one way of going about this is more or less just having some worker based accident more or less "kicking a bee hive".
In other words, something blew to big a hole in a gas line accident, and out came a flood of pissed off rat people riot.
>>
>>44686246
maybe they have connections with information brokers who get to use the skavins pathways in exchange for keeping their existence a secret
>>
>>44686480
I'm just saying if you want a angry Skaven horde in a campaign, the option is there.
A much more sane way is to just say that some info brokers got bribed by the media and Skaven were discovered.
That or a dragon got bored.
>>
>>44686552
both of those could work
>>
File: dire_rat.png (233 KB, 359x346) Image search: [Google]
dire_rat.png
233 KB, 359x346
>>44685374
>how would Skaven start popping up?
Devil-Rats who evolved higher intelligence and stepped their game up. Because radiation and magic, that's why.

Now you've got a big horde, and a very good reason why everyone wants them dead.
>>
>>44686833
>What? Demon Rat's evolving!
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.