[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever tried to build a drug organization from scrap,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: chpgzmn.jpg (333 KB, 701x640) Image search: [Google]
chpgzmn.jpg
333 KB, 701x640
Have you ever tried to build a drug organization from scrap, /tg/? Did you succeed? Did the GM let you run with it?

Hard mode: Have you ever tried it in an atypical setting, such as a D&D campaign?
>>
Did it in star wars.

We ended up with a whole lot of ships but not much cash.
>>
File: 1357486421816.gif (358 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
1357486421816.gif
358 KB, 500x366
>>44683884
In a fantasy setting it'd be easy peesy depending on the drug. It's the timesink you have to think about. In a fantasy setting one would think that most drugs are derived from plants. And like all plants they go from a vegetation cycle (long sunlight hours) to production or flowering cycle (end of summer through fall)
I suppose that could easily be fixed in DnD with priest spells.
Hah permanent sunlight spell cast on a rock that's now a grow light.
Thats manufacturing to sell.
Selling brings much much much more risk if it's an illicit substance in the current kingdom.
To manufacture and sell is the biggest (but most profitable risk)
So ideally you would want to set up a network to distribute it to.
Or find someone to fence it though in bulk. Remember bulk means more weight for less profit.
So a typical thieves guild or other shady characters would be a good place to get rid of goods.
Or create a network yourself.
Young upstarts with big dreams of chests of gold come in well here.
Loyalty there is the problem.
Never trust ANYONE. No matter how long you've been in business with them.
You have to find men with long term gains in mind. And never trust a Redguard. They can't help to keep their hands out of the cookie jar.
And never let a woman know about your business.
Sold drugs more on than off since the late 90s.
Retired from that game 2 years ago.
I can give a RL perspective on just about any situation if you want.
>>
>>44683884
>Have you ever tried to build a drug organization from scrap, /tg/? Did you succeed?
Yeah, but there was just no way around the local pushers. Had to bail out before they did something nasty to me for stealing their clientele.

Oh wait, you mean in games? Lol no.
>>
I've only done it in D&D, magical drug dealing is a fun time for everyone involved. Except town guards. They don't last very long when the magical drug cartel comes to town. Poor sons of bitches.
>>
>>44684572
Storytiem pls?
>>
>>44684809
No.
You know what they do in jail to cute guys like me?
>>
>>44684829
I'm a cute guy too. Have a Bondsman ready to roll and you'll be printed and out the door without putting on a jumpsuit.
If you actually do have to spend any time it's
>What are you in here for
>Me? Got busted for drugs man
Then play cards and gamble honey buns + ecigs.
>>
>>44683884
Considered it, but truth is I don't know the enough about selling, trafficking, or organization to inject it into a game. I don't suppose anyone knows a system with rules for it?
>>
Does real life count as a game?
>>
File: 1433620621557.jpg (94 KB, 659x650) Image search: [Google]
1433620621557.jpg
94 KB, 659x650
>>44684829
Well, do you know what we do to cute boys around here?
>>
>>44683884
Once upon a time, I built a Bugbear alchemist/rogue in Pathfinder whom eventually built up a drug empire around cocaine. I played him like a stereotype Cuban cartel boss, it was great.

There was a rough patch at one point in the game, but it was solved by pushing some blind people down several flights of stairs.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.