[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ah, the memories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: Book of Weaboo Fightan Magic.jpg (42 KB, 360x471) Image search: [Google]
Book of Weaboo Fightan Magic.jpg
42 KB, 360x471
ah, the memories
>>
I know right? Now we can't play that game anymore because there are now more up to date editions of it.
>>
File: catsup.jpg (27 KB, 566x242) Image search: [Google]
catsup.jpg
27 KB, 566x242
>>44681244
Implying that every version of OGLd20-Fantasy isn't 100% compatable with every other version.
>>
>>44681298
>>44681244

I think OP was talking about back when /tg/ had a sense of humour.
>>
File: good king papyrus.png (9 KB, 445x371) Image search: [Google]
good king papyrus.png
9 KB, 445x371
>>44681094
i, too, remember when /tg/ actually talked about games instead of nonstop
>"stat me"
>"cocksucker quest"
>"tell me about your favorite turd" contentless shitpost
>how does this picture of girls or blacks make you feel /pol/trash

feels bad. feels real bad.
>>
>>44681470
I know that feel.

Even when we talk about games now it is

>everything you love is shit
>that game is shit specifically
>my that guy is much worse than yours
>how would you in this? "you dont"

It is not hard to figure out why people working on projects never do so on here anymore or left this for other forums.
>>
My GM let me pick up the stone dragon maneuver that deals con damage as an ability at 12th level(I could choose between any spell in the allowed books, a stat increase of two, a feat, or a maneuver/stance from ToB)
I hope I'll get a lot of use out of it.
>>
>>44681528
How much Con damage we talking? Do not want to get my copy off the shelf.

Dropping it by 2 can make them lose a hp a hit dice.
>>
>>44681582
The only Stone Dragon maneuver I can find that does Con damage does 2d6 damage to the stat.
But it's a level 9 maneuver.
>>
>>44681470
U forgot the ( x) is preggo, threads anon.
>>
File: Tiamat.(Fire.Emblem).full.54153.jpg (628 KB, 985x1443) Image search: [Google]
Tiamat.(Fire.Emblem).full.54153.jpg
628 KB, 985x1443
>>44681094
My fondest memories of Bo9S's release was drinking the tears of westaboo jackoffs who kneejerked so hard they broke their desks at the idea of a fighting style having a name and having named moves and stances, and who said the book was too anime for D&D. It was fun to make them upset by explaining the elaborate systems of historical European martial arts that weren't all that different from the styles used in the far east. They were a constant source of entertainment if only because of their complete ignorance of their own history.

It was that era's version of the "anime sucks, you fag" stuff we see today when anyone dares to post a picture of anything made anywhere east of India, even if it's something like a Fire Emblem character in respectable full armour.
>>
File: 3.5 Fighter Nutshell.gif (2 MB, 427x240) Image search: [Google]
3.5 Fighter Nutshell.gif
2 MB, 427x240
>>44681094
good times
>>
>>44681743
That one. The thing is he wanted it to be a high powered game so we had 40 points to build our characters after stats by choosing class features, feats, and spells (late maneuvers) and we could spend five on a pre-approved template For Example
I took Sneak Attack, Skirmirsher, Fiend Slayer, Sun Burst, Mage's Magnificent Mansion, Mass Heal, Greater Restoration, Unarmored Bonus and more shit at level 1 on top of having the beast of legend template.
>>
>>44682113
Wtf kind of fuckery is that shit?

Punch your DM in the throat.
>>
>>44682141
Why? It's pretty goddamn fun so far
even though we fuck up a lot and my character is the sole survivor of two parties
>>
>>44681790
I just loved the unique maneuver mechanics, like regaining them by spending actions mid-combat
>>
Path of War is pretty great.
>>
Book of Nine Swords is awesome. My group's Crusader pretty much saved their ass in the first session last week.
>>
So, I've never actually heard of anyone doing it, but I know near the end of the sword sage section they ACTUALLY SUGGEST "Yeah, you could replace maneuvers with equal level spell slots from the Wizard's spell list".

Considering ToB classes refresh their maneuvers every encounter instead of every day, how powerful could someone actually be if they did that?
>>
>>44683924
Considering the 9th level spells in 3.5 are either not worth the slot most days or up to the dm, really depends on how loose the game has been running.
>>
>>44681094

It was a good attempt, and was always intended to form the core of 4E's new system. All their tomes and stuff were experimenting for it.

Until they randomly scrapped that plan and all the actual progress they'd made for something completely different.
>>
>>44683969
yeah that relay sucks it is also a huge shame that the condition track out of star-wars d20 never made it into OGL so Pathfinder could have incorporated it at the root of the system.
>>
>>44683969
It's kinda funny that they did that, actually, since it worked out pretty well last time. At the time, not very many people liked the material being made at the tail end of 2e, but a lot of that material (Especially the skill system) became the basis for 3.0, and 3.X are by far the most successful editions by sales and general public opinion.
>>
File: 1451758798104.png (9 KB, 578x450) Image search: [Google]
1451758798104.png
9 KB, 578x450
>>44681470
>>contentless posts
oh please. quests may be a cancer thats squeezing out the other boards but /tg/ rarely actually got shit done ever anyway. there is more legitimate discussion about 3.x systems in the pf general than there ever fucking was back in the edition war shit storm.
>>
>>44683638
one of the things I like about the classes is that they have a lot of options

after playing a warblade its hard to go back to playing a fighter
>>
>Casterfellator is GMing
>To try to catch players he allows ToB and Psionics
>One Warblade and one Psychic Warrior in the group
>You can clearly see him boiling inside
It's rather amusing
>>
>>44681790
>My fondest memories of Bo9S's release was drinking the tears of westaboo jackoffs who kneejerked so hard they broke their desks at the idea of a fighting style having a name and having named moves and stances, and who said the book was too anime for D&D

I wanted to do this once, but the DM did the typical "TOO ANIME REEEEE" and banned it.

So I played a Wizard and anime'd the shit out of everything.

Every spell got a new super-anime overly complicated name, I want over the top with how I described them, and was just generally anime as all fuck.

DM nearly popped a blood vessel an hour in. The rest of the group thought it was a fucking hilarious, which was the only reason I was still invited back.
>>
>>44681298
IT IS SPELLED WITH A K YOU ILLITERATE SUBHUMAN FUCKSTICKS I'LL KILL YOU IF I EVER SEE YOU HOLY SHIT
>>
>>44685528
It never produced a finished product, obviously, but there was a lot more cool worldbuilding and setting talk, and a lot more half-finished projects. Even if not actually productive, it was a more fun and interesting environment.
>>
>>44686569
Also, more frequent dumps of useful resources and cool images for inspiration; alas, the post timer increase on worksafe boards ("to encourage more thoughtful, less chatroom-y replies") put a stop to those imagedumps.
>>
>>44686694
And it just generally seemed like there was less obnoxious shitposting - not that it wasn't there, but /tg/ had less of a hair-trigger when it came to taking bait.

It's a shame Foolz is gone; I'd love to assemble a fair random thread sample from different years to see how much of that is me idealizing the past.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.