[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Infernum: The RPG for sinners with foresight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
Yo teegee, what do you guys think of Infernum?

Core rulebook's a freebie on RPGNow and DriveThruRPG (Book of the Damned), and it's a criminally underplayed and discussed game with goddamn fantastic art, design, writing, and core concept. It even has Doomguy.

Seems to me the crux of the issues with it came from the system used, and the way they modeled a couple of the game mechanics, like Illiaster (a FUCKING AMAZING CONCEPT), Sorcery, and the fact that Demon, Angel, and Mortal are all character classes instead of races.

The setting is so goddamn fantastic it's ironically and unironically a sin that it hasn't been recast in a more competent system, or at least tried out by more folks.
>>
>>44677693
Link please
>>
>>44679615
http://www.rpgnow.com/product/2151/Infernum--Book-of-the-Damned?it=1
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/2151/Infernum--Book-of-the-Damned?it=1
>>
File: tumblr_ntqsn6wqt01r63nh8o1_1280.png (587 KB, 1280x722) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ntqsn6wqt01r63nh8o1_1280.png
587 KB, 1280x722
Yeah, played it a bit, enjoyed it a lot. The system's not great, can be pretty imbalanced, but there are interesting options for player.
>>
>>44682479
The character creation does seem to be one of the stronger elements of the game, minus the class system.
I'm not familiar with the source of the picture, but it's damn good stuff. Are those Infernum pcs?
>>
>>44682479
Wait just a darn tootin minute. Is that Rand's art? I don't know what username they go by these days but I feel like that's their style.
>>
>>44682726
>>44682857
Yes.
>>
As someone that's put off a little but the cover art (probably just the quality of the image) what can you guys tell me about the setting?
>>
>>44684833
It's Danteish hell and players are demons scrapping by. Well, mostly demons. There are options to play mortals ( living slaves, sort of order of knights, faustian sorcerers ) or fallen angels.
The demons are divided to households mostly yaddayadda.
>>
>>44684954
Is it about just living in hell or trying to escape it?
>>
>>44688195
Mostly living, no point in trying to get out if you're a demon.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.