[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I Dm'd my first game recently and the teams cleric (Who
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: half elf cleric.jpg (9 KB, 195x259) Image search: [Google]
half elf cleric.jpg
9 KB, 195x259
I Dm'd my first game recently and the teams cleric (Who followed a good god) ended up swearing allegiance to a vampire mistress for free enchanted gear, she now uses his head as a way to travel around throughout the day, while he still follows his original god. Needless to say the entire party was wondering what the hell he was thinking. We ended up having to drop him down two alignments in the course of like 3 in game hours.
>>
>>44677304
maybe the player and the cleric viewed a vampire mistress as not that bad in comparison to the stuff gained from swearing allegiance to her?
>>
>>44677304
Honestly depends how he roleplayed that shit, probably wouldn't have been on at my table, the vengeance pally and the other cleric would have murdered him and his mistress
>>
>>44678902
No his character knew it was against his religion (The religion he follows is completely against any form of undead, and the only reason he didn't fully attack on sight is because he still isnt fully trained.) but thought eh whatever gloves of +2 strength are worth it. He then praised himself (in character) for not being a paladin so he didnt lose any abilities.
>>
>>44678944
He ended up allying to her in secret no one in the party knows about it yet, (although the dwarf fighter is onto him thanks to his flaw being untrusting.)
>>
>>44677304
>>44678947
A cleric's alignment needs to be within one step of their god's. If it was a Good god and he's Evil, than he can't be a cleric of them.
>>
>>44679028
This whole campaign works within an original universe plus Dm's ruling. The party hasn't figured it out yet but they will later learn that cleric abilities within this universe aren't actually from their god and its just fancy magic. So that rule isn't taken into affect.
>>
>>44677304
Assuming 3.5 D&D because fuck it
A cleric loses his powers if he grossly violates his cleric code. If his god disliked undead he no longer can use his powers until he atones for his sins.

Next time he prepares spells he gets nothing, and he feels his sins upom his back.

The vampire can give his evil spells though if he wants that! You should offer him that choice.
>>
>>44679122
5e and some house rules involving the universe the plot takes place in.
>>
>>44679181
Oh right yes OK. Sounds like its going to be a fun ride and you have things well in hand!

Any plans for the other players?
>>
>>44679222
The dwarf is trying to get back into contact with his family (He left the dwarven stronghold because he didn't want to follow traditions) So im planning to have a little subquest involving that.

The Mage is going to have to face his peoples history being a sham.

The bard is going to have to learn what being a bard is actually about.
>>
>>44679278
And, is there a main plot?
>>
>>44679456
The main plot is a simple (albeit not to orignal) story of uniting multiple provinces against a demon lord. It mostly takes a backseat to the different factions and their leaders problems that need covering before they can do anything to help.
>>
>>44677304
And that's why you throw away allignments from day 1. You learned something New DM
>>
>>44682796
>I want to have raunchy sex with cute vampires without feeling guilty

Nice try, knave
>>
File: 1568574953.gif (182 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
1568574953.gif
182 KB, 450x338
>>44679102
Sounds like a shit setting.
>>
File: Absolutely Heretical.png (593 KB, 1185x1029) Image search: [Google]
Absolutely Heretical.png
593 KB, 1185x1029
>>44687353
>>
>>44686027
Sounds more like the teams bard.
>>
>>44678963
Is it an open secret? That is, the players know but the characters don't.
>>
>>44690212
Yeah the players know about it but none of the characters. We try to stay in role so metagaming almost never happens.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.