[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /tg/, could you explain to me why exactly the Craftworld
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: dave-greco-eldar-craftworld.jpg (231 KB, 1500x1073) Image search: [Google]
dave-greco-eldar-craftworld.jpg
231 KB, 1500x1073
Hey /tg/, could you explain to me why exactly the Craftworld Eldars can't colonize a habitable planet or system and live there? Some Eldars did that, so what's keeping the Craftworld one's from it? I mean it sure seems a wiser idea to settle down in some nice, remote part of the galaxy and actually start rebuilding shit instead of just flying around with no purpose and whining about being a doomed race.
>>
Why would they bother? There isn't really anything a typical planet could offer that they don't have on their craftworlds and it makes them an easy target for any of the various genocidal psychos who populate the 40k galaxy.
>>
>>44667418
By all means, settle down and actually give the other races a chance to finally drive them to extinction. If a Necrontyr dynasty were to find an Eldar populated world, for example, there'd be nothing left shortly afterwards.

If they try to re-populate, they're actually putting themselves in further danger from Slaanesh and her influence, so without a need to expand their population there's no need to give up the inherent benefits a Craftworld offers.
>>
>>44667418
Craftworlds are literally world sized. There are no advantages a planet has over one.
>>
>>44667418
Rebuild how? Their numbers are dwindling, not growing, the craftworlds are MASSIVE and more defensible than a planet and can also fucking fly off if needed.
>>
>>44667418
Most resources inside solar systems are outside of deep gravity wells.
>>
>>44667418
the craft worlds would be only be a single craft world if that was a more effective solution
>>
>>44667418
Some fluff mentions Biel-Tan colonizing planets, but they're pretty much the only Eldar trying to seriously rebuild their old empire. The rest ae just trying to survive, and a mobile and highly defended Craftworld is safer than sitting on some random plant. It's not like the Eldar are runnin gout of space on them, considering their population is usually pretty small and Craftworlds are huge.
>>
>>44667418
They would probably get assraped by either deamons, Dark Eldar, Necrons, The Imperium and/or Tyrannids. Not Tau though, Tau are probably Eldar cronies and they're pushovers any way.
>>
File: 1445988717775.jpg (7 MB, 3985x4442) Image search: [Google]
1445988717775.jpg
7 MB, 3985x4442
Could we reasonably see a Tau/Eldar alliance in 40k?
>>
File: Doom the Eldar.jpg (201 KB, 998x423) Image search: [Google]
Doom the Eldar.jpg
201 KB, 998x423
>>
I hate the way everything is kill the xenos in 40k. In the early days they talked about human/eldar trade and lose local alliances against common enemies. Even today it seems like the inquisition has a quiet relationship with the Eldar.
>>
>>44671795
>reasonable alliance
>40k
HARF HARF
I would actually love to see that though.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.