[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Never roleplayed before
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 1448143609703.png (24 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1448143609703.png
24 KB, 645x773
>no friends and lonely
>wanting to try roleplaying and make some friends since a really long time
>not an autist, just a bit socially unexperienced

Give me some tips, /tg/.
>>
Find an online game.
>>
>>44665696

Approach a group and ask them if you can join.
>>
File: attribute progression.jpg (248 KB, 1200x720) Image search: [Google]
attribute progression.jpg
248 KB, 1200x720
>>44665696
How bad a situation are we talking? Can you shop for groceries without feeling uncomfortable about it? We need to evaluate your Charisma score.
>>
>>44665705
I did that actually once.

I'm a virgin so this isn't the best analogy coming from me, but it felt like quick sex without love.

>>44665707
where do I find groups and do you mean actually physically approach them and ask them ... while they are playing?
>>
Roll20.com
>>
>>44665696
rape the leader to assert dominance, piss everywhere to mark your territory
>>
>>44665724
This.
>>
>>44665724
Charisma has little to do with your outward appearance and more with your ability to influence others. Emperor Palpatine for example would have high charisma while having a puffy monster face.
>>
>>44665726
>where do I find groups and do you mean actually physically approach them and ask them ... while they are playing?

Local game stores that have tables and days set aside for playing.

Approach the man/woman/entity behind the counter and ask if they allow a game night/day and learn which day of the week it is.

Arrive on said day. Seek out a group that is either beginning or ending and advertise yourself.

Put yourself out there.

If you never open up you will never be part of a game.
>>
>>44665724
>>44665754
>Can you shop for groceries without feeling uncomfortable about it?
no problemo, I just don't feel comfortable with strangers

Also I managed to actually meet up with an even more autistic person from 4chan and go bowling with him

I was basically playing the host and initated every conversation topic and didn't feel akward about it. This actually made me realize how rude, unfriendly and uncaring shy people can be seen as.

>Arrive on said day. Seek out a group that is either beginning or ending and advertise yourself.
WEEEW LAD
>>
>>44665773
>>44665801
>>Arrive on said day. Seek out a group that is either beginning or ending and advertise yourself.
WEEEW LAD
>>
>>44665764
Well, yes, that's true. But still, OP needs some people to socialize with him, and getting along with people is a Charisma thing.
>>
>>44665724
>>44665825
If I have to rate my appearance, it's probably 9-12, maybe even 13-14 if I manage to get myself a concealer that hides my eye circles.

>the one thing holding me back from being attractive
>>
>>44665726
>but it felt like quick sex without love
The hell you you are even talking about. Session over skype is more or less the same thing as gaming over the table. And playing on forums and such can help you meat people who are into rpg.
>>
>>44665840
>maybe even 13-16
fixed

>>44665848
>The hell you you are even talking about.
It was just me and the GM and another guy. It was a sort of tutorial pathfinder game. Just voicechat btw, not facecams.

There was a communication problem in the beginning about some thing. The other guy I was playing with just conformed to all my decisions without arguing. It kinda felt empty and without love, we just did our thing, didn't warm up to each other and then departed like a one night stand
breh
>>
>>44665729
>Roll20.com

Is it good or bad for the hobby?
>>
>>44665952
I don't like it but I use it for some stuff. I usually use Rolz.org to roll dices when playing over skype, and well, my friends for players.

If you speak fluent french I can introduce you to my group.
>>
>>44668026
>Rolz
Ayyyyyy say hi to Udo for me bruh
>>
I'm kinda in the same boat as OP, except replace no friends with friends who just play MMOs all day. I don't mind playing with strangers but i'm still unfamiliar with DnD 5e and which dice to roll. took me three minutes to figure out out to do a passive perception check for example.
>>
>>44665724
So girls with a charisma below 15 look like dudes?
>>
>>44669729
Ditto. No friends who are even remotely interested into it.
And the fact that there is no LFGS here makesnit even harder.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.