[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I into Rogue Trader?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 8
File: shivermespacetimbers.jpg (8 KB, 292x173) Image search: [Google]
shivermespacetimbers.jpg
8 KB, 292x173
We're discussing a group-wide shift to Rogue Trader from 3.5/Pathfinder, and I have no idea where to start (besides chugging through this behemoth of a rule book)
>>
File: gottawipewiththeother.png (77 KB, 350x209) Image search: [Google]
gottawipewiththeother.png
77 KB, 350x209
>>44660437
Is it paradoxically more feasible to melee in space than in fantasy?
>>
>3.5/PF
>the other system is too much rules
are you for real?
>>
>>44660437
The first step is for you to masterbate. It doesn't matter what to, just that you do. Now you'll be more relaxed and less distracted and can dive right in to those rules.
>>
File: ohaxehandyousosilly.jpg (42 KB, 719x413) Image search: [Google]
ohaxehandyousosilly.jpg
42 KB, 719x413
>>44660489
The system isn't as daunting as the lore. I had been browsing 3.5/PF books for years
>>
File: everypurposeprosthetic.jpg (6 KB, 288x175) Image search: [Google]
everypurposeprosthetic.jpg
6 KB, 288x175
>>44660507
Literally just finished and went for a smoke so step 1 is done
>>
>>44660437
The best advice I can give you is to be very careful about what equipment your plays can acquire. If you don't, they'll get very OP very quickly.

Also, Rogue Trader is an extremely broad system where players are pretty much the 1% of the Imperium, so they start off pretty powerful as is. I'd recommend limiting what source books you use for simplicity's sake. Maybe just the core and the handbook (I can't remember the name off-hand), since those have the essentials.
>>
File: slimewaifu.jpg (5 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
slimewaifu.jpg
5 KB, 300x168
>>44660994
I'm actually not the GM for the first time in a while. Is there a type of equipment I should stay away from as a player?

I just wanna have some crazy prosthetics
>>
>>44661174
Anything with the Overheats quality unless if it is a Best quality weapon which overrides the former.
>>
>>44661174
>I just wanna have some crazy prosthetics

Explorator is your dream class, then.
>>
File: tmp_3698-1299601996573839371589.png (321 KB, 1095x2380) Image search: [Google]
tmp_3698-1299601996573839371589.png
321 KB, 1095x2380
>>44660437
You are space conquistadors. You are outside the law by permit of the Emperor.
>>
File: 1452091150098.jpg (158 KB, 700x662) Image search: [Google]
1452091150098.jpg
158 KB, 700x662
>>44660437
Dude I went through the opposite, I went from Rogue trader to pathfinder and the difference was huge. Good luck and remember low is better :)
>>
>>44660437
Anyone have the story of the autist who makes a hand like that guy? Like hes got chapstick and pens and shit and his parents sent him to a therapist and took the movie away thinking he'd cut his own hand off?
>>
What is up with new people on /tg/ and avatar fagging lately?

It seems like every time I see a beginner's thread these days asking for help with something, he's an avatarfag.
>>
>>44661688
Report'n'hide is the way I roll with them.
>>
>>44660994
I'd consider the two mandatory RT books (aside from the basic rulebook) to be Battlefleet Koronus (assuming you plan doing any space combat; the book features additional types of weapons like torpedoes, more ships for PCs and enemies and simplified rules for running NPC ships to make combat less pain in the ass) and Into the Storm (not strictly necessary but it adds a ton of extra items, additional background options and the game's equivalent of prestige classes, plus it has rules for playable Orks and Kroot). Koronus Bestiary (monster manual) is nice as well if you need stats for various xenos (Eldar, Orks, some random alien beasts and other, weirder stuff).
>>
>>44660437
You need to know that a basic rogue trader does not start with the "decieve" skill and thus can not lie efficiently. Ponder that one for a moment.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.