[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can't the Dark Angels just stop thinking for a moment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 54554574334334.jpg (119 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
54554574334334.jpg
119 KB, 720x960
Why can't the Dark Angels just stop thinking for a moment about the Fallen and move on?

So some of their brethren turned traitor, boo hoo. Shit happens, get over it. It's incredibly annoying how their every action and piece of lore is invariably somehow related to the "secret quest" of the Unforgiven.
>>
I guess OP doesn't know his lore.
>>
The Unforgiven will get in a lot of shit with the Inquisition if a Fallen spills the beans.
>>
Why doesn't people know for doing specific thing stop doing specific thing? They'd be way better if they didn't do the main thing they are known for!

Jesus man, just play Ultramarines if you want generic Space Marines.
>>
>>44660671
seeing as op see DA through a very narrow point of view I doubt he would have fun with any army
>>
File: bee46fe2b07fe0735c3511a1d16fcf82.jpg (709 KB, 1700x1671) Image search: [Google]
bee46fe2b07fe0735c3511a1d16fcf82.jpg
709 KB, 1700x1671
>>44660374
Because some of them can be saved from damnation before it's too late. They Fallen are not the sole owners of their sins- many were deceived by Luther and had no chance to know the light of the Emperor and the Lion. Their minds were poisoned from induction and their fall was never questioned.

Their loss to Chaos to have their souls tortured for eternity would be a tragedy, one that cannot stand. They must be saved.
>>
desu it is pretty annoying to have everything they ever do by associated with "Oh some of the fallen are here lets go get em!!"

Why cant they just go on a long ass crusade of penance like other SM chapters that fuck up?
>>
>>44661180

Because it wasn't just a normal TIFU. It's as if the Schola Progenium that produced Cain and Gaunt was actually a hive-bed of heretical activity. Everything they have done falls under immediate suspicion and therefore guilty of heresy.
>>
>>44660374

Dude, it's a ruinous secret. It's like if you once fought for a terrorist organization when you were much younger, and now they're public enemy number one. Your life and your safety depends entirely on hunting down everyone who ever knew you when you were with that group.

If even ONE guy spills the story to the media, you're fucked. They'll lock up you up and throw away the keys forever. And it could happen any day. It could happen TOMORROW. So you need to kill them all before someone makes the connection and your life comes tumbling down.
>>
>>44660374
Well there is one of their Successor Chapter that moved on, but still takes part in hunting the Fallen.

They just don't whine about it.

>>44661179
But didn't the majority of Fallen realize that Luther was doing bad stuff and tried to stop him?
>>
>>44660555
>Trips of truth.
Half of 40k related threads are newfags not knowing shit,
>>
>>44660374

Why can't the Space Wolves just stop being wolfy for a moment and move on?
>>
File: Przechwytywanie.jpg (84 KB, 1279x724) Image search: [Google]
Przechwytywanie.jpg
84 KB, 1279x724
>>44660374
>>
>>44662437
They weren't that wolfy in the past.

Someone simply dialed up further.

>>44662442
REPENT MOTHERFUCKER!!!
>>
The one thing I don't get about the Dark Angels is how they act like their entire chapter and all of their successor chapters will be hunted down and killed if the secret gets out; Nathanial Garro's entire legion defected to chaos, and the dude was trusted to create the entire Inquisition from the ground up. Obviously things have changed since the Horus Heresy days, but the approach to the Dark Angels' lore just seems too extreme. It only really makes sense if 1) No loyalist marines have defected since the Horus Heresy, or 2) Chapters whose marines have ever defected from are destroyed. To my knowledge, neither of the above are true.

Extreme self-loathing and blowing the problem out of proportion is par for the course in 40k, and I can accept that, but when you try to justify it as anything besides an extreme reaction to shame and a desire for revenge, it just sounds stupid. It's not about the survival of their chapter, they just want to hide their shame, which is ok. The conclusion I've come to is that they aren't supposed to make logical sense. Their inherent flaw is that they care way too much about something that, at this point, nobody is really going to care about too much so long as they keep doing what they're supposed to.
>>
>>44662646
They are quite paranoid in this case.
>>
>>44660555
/thread
You can stop now OP
>>
>>44662646
Anon, it's a joke about homosex. The Dark Angels are a reference to a poem about gayness.

Replace faggotry with heresy and it all makes much more sense. Because the writers laughed their asses off at the joke back in the 80s.
>>
>>44660555
enlighten us
>>
>>44660374
Being closet traitor is the most important thing to the Dark Angels
>>
>>44662646
It's because they've been digging their own grave for 10000 years, and keep doing so. It was a huge scandal, it was a big deal. But the fact that they've been betraying and murdering loyalists for 10000 years, means its a lot uglier now than then.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.