[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone ever actually put Crazy Hassan in a game? How did it go?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: 1272873582292.jpg (549 KB, 1980x1350) Image search: [Google]
1272873582292.jpg
549 KB, 1980x1350
Has anyone ever actually put Crazy Hassan in a game? How did it go?
>>
>>44651394
There are two things that I have obviously stolen and am not ashamed of and so never hid.

One was C.M.O.T. Dibbler, town merchant. Any town. Almost any merchanting. There is one per town in local flavor.

The other is Crazy Hassan.

He sells any sort of livestock or pack animal you want. He is everywhere. His is, in effect, a small god.
>>
>>44651394
Hassan's shown up in a few games, but with one exception, never more than a bit part.

That was a PTU campaign. He sold one of the players a submarine Camerupt that went on to wipe up the local league.

She was just a regular Camerupt in scuba gear.
>>
>>44651394
I try to put Crazy Hassan in all of my games somewhere, mostly because the party I play with likes him a running gag in our games. I've had him sell scuba camels, give the players money for taking his camels, and even had a short side quest to rescue Hassan from camels that had gone over to ISIS. Good times.
>>
>>44652049
>short side quest to rescue Hassan from camels that had gone over to ISIS.

You can't just dangle that like a virgin arse in a private school changing room.

Story tiem plz?
>>
>>44652143
I need to hear this too
>>
>>44651394
i had him sell kites to my players
>>
Back when they were new and there was no more then three or 4 at a time, I put him in a Quest Thread. Does that count?
>>
>>44651394
About as you'd expect, hilariously.

The PCs didn't want or need camels. They rode out of there on camels.
>>
>>44651394
Out of everything /tg/ has ever made, Hassan is the greatest.
He can fit in any setting, any game, and dosen't require any prior knowledge or setup.
Best of all, he won't take up too much of the spotlight, as he is a one-two time occurrence.

Hassan is all about the placement and timing, just like an awesome joke.
>>
>>44651394
I didn't put him in the game, I just bought a camel off the crazy salesman.
>>
>>44651394
I know someone who played him in exalted.

Unfortunately the game died.
>>
>>44651394
Once. It was a fantasy western sort of setting. The party was lost in the salt flats, dying of thirst.

He sold them each a camel and several skins of water for literally a pair of silver coins. Camels didn't even exist in that setting.
>>
>>44651394
Are you trying to suggest that there are fa/tg/uys who haven't put Crazy Hassan into at least one game?
>>
One of the player's backgrounds was a story that ended with him wandering the deserts, only to find a dying man and his camel. The man said that the camel was very special to him. He decided to make one last sale for the wanderer, the price being a promise to ensure the camel lives a happy and fulfilling life.

He ended up marrying that camel.
>>
>>44655476

Hey, some people haven't heard of him yet. Not everyone here has been around since this board was created from warhammer Wednesdays on /b/
>>
>>44651747
Yessssssss
>>
>>44651394
I put his descendant into a space game. He was an omnipresent salesman of spaceship parts of dubious origin. And camels, of course.
>>
>>44656411
I know, I'm just kidding. Thing were better in the good ol' days, though. No, none of that, by Jove.
>>
>>44651394
TSTG House and Dominion quest had the MC act as Crazy Hassandra for a beautiful, brief moment of time with ship-to-ship torpedoes instead of Camels.

It actually works a bit better when your aggressive delivery style has a small chance of exploding your customer.
>>
I just turn him into a merchant when the PCs need a camel mount or something. He's always there when the PCs need him, and he's the least expensive camel dealer there is. I play Pathfinder and gave him 4 domains. He has a small following in Osirion.
>>
I've been trying to get him injected into PFS for the past year but nothing doing.
>>
>>44651394
Yes. The players ended up buying three camels. The camels have served them well for many adventures.
>>
>>44651747
I am unfamiliar with all those terms. Explanation?

>>44652049
This sounds good. Story tiem?
>>
>>44651747
Most amazing thing i've read on /tg/ in a long time. Man I wish my PTU GM did cool stuff like that.
>>
One of our PC's died mid-campaign and we were in the back end of nowhere. So the GM ruled that Crazy Hassan came to visit and sold us a 'genuine ranger camel.' So we finished that arc of the campaign with our ranger playing a camel who'd spit in the place of shooting arrows. When we got back to town we parted ways with Spitwad and picked up their new character, a warlord.

Spitwad became a running joke in the campaign though. Since it knew what the bbeg was up to from our time with it, it had assembled a camel mirror party. If we left relatively unimportant loose ends - like some minor villain or side quest we passed for time restraints then we'd later hear the camels had taken care of it.
>>
>>44662160
>I am unfamiliar with all those terms
pokemon
>>
>>44654345
How progressive.
>>
>>44662234
thats awesome
>>
no but i do intend to soon.
>>
File: 600px-323Camerupt.png (246 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
600px-323Camerupt.png
246 KB, 600x600
>>44662160
This is a camerupt.

It is a fire/ground type Pokemon, and thus would normally be super weak against water. Crazy Hassan gave it a scuba suit.
>>
>>44663163
That's genius.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.