[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
By agreeing to marry off the princess to the evil sorcerer in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: rjaf2vgnab8igxthr3a8.jpg (103 KB, 752x522) Image search: [Google]
rjaf2vgnab8igxthr3a8.jpg
103 KB, 752x522
By agreeing to marry off the princess to the evil sorcerer in return for the sacred chalice, the king has failed the test.
>>
This wouldn't be so bad, except the DM just made us sit through thirty-five minutes of listening to his NPCs talk to each other before this occurred.
>>
>>44648099

Joke's on the sorcerer, the princess is actually the prince.

Jokes on the king, royal traps are his fetish.
>>
>>44648099
So does he get his king's license revoked? Does he need to turn back the keys to the kingdom?
>>
File: 1449336887519.jpg (139 KB, 594x800) Image search: [Google]
1449336887519.jpg
139 KB, 594x800
>>44648099
>placing the kingdom's welfare above personal and family's happiness
>failing at being a king
What the shit?
>>
File: Poison.gif (83 KB, 450x264) Image search: [Google]
Poison.gif
83 KB, 450x264
>>44648099
Then the test is stupid and so are the judges.

Political marriages are a viable way to prevent needles wars.

The sacred chalice was a dowry.

By the next generation innate magical talent would have returned to the line of kings.

There would have been a lasting peace with a king the kingdom deserves and a population with a boosted moral due to a returned holy relic.

But oh no, apparently the test has been failed.

Enjoy your next 50 years of war. Enjoy the fading of the line of kings until the succession is called into question and an Inheritance War starts. I hope you find some solace in the smug smirk of declaring a failure of a king as by your dickery a land burns and a people suffer.

Or maybe I ignore you and just do what I was doing anyway. I'm the king, I need no permission.
>>
>>44648377
Hey, you don't know what they were testing.
>>
>>44648520
Nothing important then if the current situation is seen as a failure
>>
>>44648594
The Evil Sorcerer is his long lost son, whom he's originally given away to be raised by witches in return for the sacred chalice. He was looking to see whether the king has become a better father in the time that passed, and also has a fucked up sister complex from all those times he looked at her growing up in the palace from the witches' magic pool simmering in envy and misplaced pubescent urges from lack of male parent figures.
>>
>>44648653
G.R.R. Martin plz go.

Not everything has to be incest. Plz stay go and take Magical Realm with you.
>>
>>44648099
By imposing this test on the king anon failed his test.
>>
>>44648703
HAHAHA JOKE'S ON YOU, I'LL BE SITTING IN EATING FAT-DIPPED BACON FROM A BUCKET INSTEAD OF WRITING "Winds of Winter"!
>>
>>44648099
Luckily he hasn't missed any tests this year so he gets to drop this failed test from his grade.
>>
File: edge.jpg (606 KB, 1500x1129) Image search: [Google]
edge.jpg
606 KB, 1500x1129
>>44648743
At this point no loss.

Although shocking and unconventional killing off main characters left right and center is, after a certain point, detrimental to a story.

I'm no longer invested emotionally in any character good or bad except for Dragon Bitch who I wish had been killed off quite some time ago.

But waiting until liquid shit queen may or may not die is not enough reason for me to pick up another door wedge of a book.
>>
>>44648743
I'm calling it right now, he's gonna get that stroke waaaay before he can finish the series.
>>
>>44649048
He said there are probably only two more books coming out before he wraps it up so there might still be hope.
>>
>>44649090
Well, he still looks like the duke from Jud Süß put on seventy pounds then got pregnant, so it really could go either way.
>>
>>44649048

Probably, especially now that his editors won't or can't tell him no on adding tons of chapters more than is necessary to tell the story. He's allowed to roll around in the stench of his own bacon-laced farts and might kick the bucket before he's done frolicking.
>>
>>44648653
This isn't such a bad backstory.
>>
>>44648653
>>44649366
Yeah, I'd read that book.
>>
>>44648099
Omigod that outfit. That hair. I'd say the sorceror failed a fashion sense and 'not a tryhard' test. Ewww. Poor princess.

Even so this is a great move for the king. The sacred chalice is the icing on the awesome cake, he's getting a powerful son-in-law who will hopefully be invested in the kingdom's future and he probably still has other brats. Now if only he can hook up his heir with a sorceress or amazon the kingdom will be in good condition for decades to come.
>>
File: 65029510.jpg (184 KB, 587x625) Image search: [Google]
65029510.jpg
184 KB, 587x625
>>44648099
>it's not a thinly disguised fetish thread
>>
>>44648099
>WELL IF HER VAGINA IS ANYTHING LIKE HIS HAND THERE SHOULDN'T BE A PROBLEM
>>
>>44652513
What?
>>
>>44648099
That movie was so fucking stupid.
But I love it anyway.
>>
>>44653054
From the movie Your Highness, which the picture OP used is from.
>>
>>44653367
The fantastic thing is even without the dick jokes it's a perfectly serviceable swords-and-sorcery movie.

This should've just been a Your Highness Appreciation Thread.
>>
>>44648509

GIF FUCKING SAVED

Thank you, sir.
>>
>>44648099
The twist: the princess has HIV and is unsuitable as a partner, heir, and ritual sacrifice, and has agreed to act as an assassin so that she may yet aid the kingdom.
>>
>>44648865
I feel that way about the show but still really like the books
>>
>>44649090
>He said there are probably only two more books coming out before he wraps it up so there might still be hope.
yeah, that's what robert jordan said, too
>>
>>44657284
That's a stupid twist.
>>
>>44648509
Oh, Londo. I will miss you with every stupid ass fucking episode of Enterprise.
>>
>>44661985
What's stupid about it?
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.