[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stat me.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 68
File: one-punch-man.jpg (155 KB, 750x450) Image search: [Google]
one-punch-man.jpg
155 KB, 750x450
Stat me.
>>
>>44643469
do it yourself
>>
>>44643469
But we're running 500/-100 low-power supers, I already told you.
>>
>>44643469
hard to stat given we haven't seen him ever go all out.
>>
>>44643469
meme/10
>>
File: Caine[1].jpg (66 KB, 522x692) Image search: [Google]
Caine[1].jpg
66 KB, 522x692
>>44643469
Something like pic related
>>
No.
>>
>>44643538
>F*CKING
Thank god for that asterisk, kids will never recognize the word, now. They're safe from satanism and stuff.
>>
>>44643469
Physical tests- 50
Mental tests - 21
>>
File: 1447817941147.png (98 KB, 530x491) Image search: [Google]
1447817941147.png
98 KB, 530x491
One out of One punches
Go do something with your life man, you're better than this.
>>
>>44643572
Yup.
>>
>>44643594
Can't a man have a bit of boredom on a friday evening?
>>
>>44643469

Strength: unmeasurable
Dexterity: unmeasurable
Intelligence: unmeasurable
Charisma: 1
>>
File: Saitama.png (310 KB, 522x692) Image search: [Google]
Saitama.png
310 KB, 522x692
>>44643469
Like this
>>
Size/Type: Large Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 5d10+25 (52 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 15 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +5 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+14
Attack: Claw +9 melee (1d6+5)
Full Attack: 2 claws +9 melee (1d6+5) and bite +4 melee (1d8+2)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Improved grab
Special Qualities: Scent
Saves: Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +2
Abilities: Str 21, Dex 12, Con 21, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 10
Skills: Listen +8, Spot +8
Feats: Alertness, Track
Environment: Temperate forests
Organization: Solitary, pair, or pack (3-8)
Challenge Rating: 4
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 6-8 HD (Large); 9-15 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment: —
>>
>>44643538
>>44643645
I don't lose, if he can't punch me then he is helpless. I just have to become the Unpunchable Man.
>>
Strength: infinite
Faults: Cannot attack until all other participants have had their turns.
>>
>>44643645
>financial skills
>not baldness
2/10, made me post.
>>
>>44643818
Wait he's only power is that he can kill anyone with a punch? Wouldn't that mean that he is basically worthless against everything not stupid enough to engage him in melee?
>>
>>44643818
You might just want to aim for unhittable. he has other modes of attacks
>>
>>44643916
I don't think you understand just how fast he is.

he once got knocked to the moon, and simply jumped back to earth in less than half a second.
>>
>>44643916
its more that he's so powerful that he can kill with a single blow. also not many people know the level of his power so they go into melee with him.

Could be wrong though.
>>
>>44643916
he can punch hard enough to simply destroy everything within miles of the shockwave.

he once punched so hard it altered half the worlds weather.
>>
>>44643981
it isn't just his offense, he is utterly unhurtable, and fast.

and his punches have the kinect effect of nuclear bombs, if he so chooses.
>>
>>44644000
So you still could beat him in space. No atmosphere=no shockwaves. And if he can't fly you can shoot him enough to send him adrift through the void without a chance to get back to you.
>>
>>44643916
He has a reputation for being a fraud who cheated his way to the mid leagues.

He can't be fucked dealing with the bitching and politicking of his shitty coworkers and superiors in the notJustice League
>>
>>44643594
>One out of One punches
Technically, Boros survived multiple consecutive normal punches.

Granted, he died to one serious punch after the normal punches and the three one punches before the normal punches, but he did survive more than one punch all the same.
>>
>>44643469
fuck off
back to /a/
>>
>>44644110
Boros did also say that he felt he was holding back the whole fight
>>
>>44644078
But how would you get That level?
>>
>>44644138
Well, yeah. Saitama said it was "almost a fight" and one serious blow did beat Boros (although Saitama seemed surprised and impressed that he was still alive after said serious blow). But Saitama did put effort in. He just wasn't going all out.
>>
>>44644000
And he even had strength to spare after that punch.

>>44644078
His punch alone is powerful enough to cause those shockwaves in the first place. If you actually get hit by it, you'd probably be vaporized, especially in the vacuum of space.

Also, he can survive without any special gear in space for (presumably) as long as he can hold his breath. So don't count on suffocating him in order to win either.

>>44644110
Saitama only ever needs one punch to finish a fight. Boros basically had bullshit "as long as I'm not dead, my health will regenerate to full in no time", so Saitama kept underestimating how much strength he needed to kill Boros until he decided it was time to take him with a modicum of seriousness. And even that was only because Boros was about to blow up the whole earth.
>>
>>44644181
to be fair, Boros is the strongest being outside of earth in the galaxy.
>>
>>44643469
DM Fiat
/thread
>>
>>44644217
That we've seen, isn't he? Or was it outright stated that he's THE strongest?
>>
>>44643980
There wasn't time attached to it, mind. 0.5 seconds would imply 4 times speed of light.

Still, when he returned Boros was still recovering from attack.
>>
File: a god you say.png (674 KB, 960x538) Image search: [Google]
a god you say.png
674 KB, 960x538
In all seriousness, though, Saitama is basically a god, so he should be treated as one. And in D&D 5e at least and every other sensible RPG you don't stat gods.
>>
If you know anything about the character, you know that there is no point trying to stat the character. And if you know that there's no point trying to stat the character, you know that there's no reason to make this thread other than to talk about the character on /tg/, when you should be talking about it on /a/.

Why are you talking about it on /tg/ when you should be talking about it on /a/?
>>
In Marvel Heroic Roleplaying:

Saitama

Solo d10, Buddy d8, Team d6

Distinctions
*Hero for Fun
*Slacker Superhero
*Cares More Than He Lets On

Power Set: Trained So Hard He Went Bald
*Godlike Durability d12, Godlike Reflexes d12, Godlike Strength d12, Leaping d10, Superhuman Speed d10
*SFX: Flurry of Normal Punches. When making an attack against an enemy mob, add a d6 for each die past the first in the mob. Keep an additional effect die for each extra die in the mob.
*SFX: I Thought This Would be a Challenge... Spend 1 PP to ignore physical stress. Step up emotional stress.
*SFX: ONE PUNCH! Step back the highest die in the pool for an attack against a single target to add a d6 and step up physical stress.
SFX: None Can Defend. When an opponent would use an SFX to ignore physical stress from an attack including Strength, spend 1 PP to negate the use of that SFX.
*SFX: Sequence of Normal Punches. When making an attack against a single target, double Godlike Strength. Remove the highest rolling die in the pool and keep three dice for the total.
*SFX: The Strongest Hero. Add any opponent's Strength power trait to an opposed dice pool including Saitama's Strength trait.
*Limit: Not That Bright. Step up mental stress from complicated or confusing problems to gain 1 PP.
*Limit: Shitty Public Image. Step up emotional stress or complications from public criticism or the approbation of other heroes to gain 1 PP.
>>
I already included him in my game as a sort of monster-of-the-week standing in the way of my players' evil party.

They took him out no sweat and moved on to bigger problems.
>>
>>44644270
Outright stated according by Boros, so take it with a grain of salt.

Saitama pulled pretty much all but his last punch against Boros because he wanted to give Boros the pleasure that they both so desperately desired: the thrill of a real challenge.

The whole point of Saitama is he's bored with being a god of destruction.
>>
>>44644270
he stated it, and he said he'd grown bored with it all, he came to earth specifically because it was a prophecy that Earth would have the only being to ever give him a challenge.

which further cements Saitama as the strongest their is in his universe, which is fitting.
>>
>>44644210
>If you actually get hit by it, you'd probably be vaporized, especially in the vacuum of space.
There is no medium for that shockwaves to be created in space. This is a reason why nukes are so worthless in vacuum. And you don't need to kill him to win. He might be completely fine drifting trough space and holding his breath for all eternity yet lose the fight.
>>
>>44644433
he could cause a gravity well in space.
>>
>>44644359
(cont.)
Specialties:
*Acrobatic Expert d8
*Combat Grandmaster d12

Milestone: "I'm a Guy Who's a Hero for Fun"
1 XP when you claim to not care about something or express ignorance about the world.
3 XP when you enter a fight because you're looking for a distraction or to kill time.
10 XP when you acknowledge a foe as worthy but defeat them anyway, or when you utterly dismiss an enemy as beneath your abilities and turn your back on them.

Milestone: For the Public Good
1 XP when you discuss life as a registered hero or ask about details of another hero's exploits.
3 XP when you take on a villain for the express purpose of keeping up your hero ranking.
10 XP when you take public credit for a major act of heroism to gain public acclaim, or when you deny credit for something you did to make another hero look good.
>>
>>44644433
He's saying even if you're in space, his punches will still kill, shockwave or not.

Basically, if you got hit by him, your body parts would become the shockwave in space.
>>
>>44644449
How? By punching? If his shtick is pulling new powers out of his ass his is not a One Punch Man but just yet another rendition of silver age Superman.
>>
>>44644456
>if you got hit by him
How.
>>
>>44644479
he's the fastest, strongest, most endurable thing in the universe, that's his power. You would fight him in the depths of space, throw him to the void and he would use a single random hydrogen molecule to jump back to you and punch you to death.

Then realize he'd left the stove on and his house has burnt down.
>>
>>44644417
It's heavily implied by ONE that the person who'd give him a challenge was Garou.

Possibly Tatsumaki, depending on your opinions of her abilities shown thus far. But it's specifically Garou who would give Boros "a hell of a fight".
>>
>>44644492
He punches you, how else?

His power is he's too strong to loose and he hates it.

It's a satirical character, stop thinking about it so hard.
>>
>>44644526
So he is just Superman? Why are people so hyped about it, it sounds like the most generic idea ever.
>>
>>44644492
He punches you and he hits you. It doesn't need to be explained. Distance does not matter. Position does not matter. Nothing matters but the fact that he exists and you exist.

All OPM has to do is punch and any situation he is confronted with is solved. Time, position, distance, none of it matters. All he has to do is punch because he's OPM. One punch is all he needs. Physics is irrelevant.
>>
>>44644549
Because it's fucking Saitama, you mongoloid.

Get cultured.
>>
>>44644549
more that him being overpowered isn't the focus, and in fact, his entire life is shit because he can never have what he really wanted out of life.

which is a fair, even fight with a rival.
>>
>>44644549
Superman is to Saitama what Goku is to Superman.
>>
>>44644547
But what's the joke? That he is too strong? Is that all? That's something you could build on a one page gag at most, not a whole fucking comic.
>>
>>44644479
He's essentially Superman Prime.
>>
>>44644549
Psssh, please. Superman is nothing compared to Saitama. Stop comparing your horrid capeshit to a real hero~
>>
>>44644603
the conflict comes from the other characters who actually have to struggle.

Saitama has existential crisis and laziness so he doesn't always help, or help on time.
>>
>>44644492
Because's fast and strong as fuck. If you're anywhere close to him and he wants to punch you, he's gonna hit you and then you'll just be a bowl of very smooth salsa.

Unless you have a very fast spaceship, YOU are the one that's at a disadvantage in space, and even that's debatable.

>>44644578
To be honest, part of me thinks Saitama vs Goku would turn out similarly to Boros vs Saitama.

>>44644603
Just watch the show you fucking pleb. It's good shit and there are interesting fights in there that typically get wrapped up by Saitama.
>>
>>44644605
But that's wrong. Saitama's on the next level, that's the point of Saitama.

You can't compare any character to Saitama because Saitama is so much stronger than any other character in any fiction, ever. That's his point. Stop trying to make false comparisons and just accept that Saitama is the strongest, greatest character that ever was, is or shall be.
>>
>>44644549
No, he's far from Superman. Superman wouldn't leave the stove on, but he'd still lose to Saitama.

Saitama is a joke character, that's his whole point. People like OPM because it's funny. The whole point of it is to make fun of Japanese and American style superhero's.

A kid with shitty karate, hockey pads, and balls of steel rides a bike around and is a Class C hero for fucks sake. Its. A. Joke.
>>
File: 1456506-19571729.jpg (163 KB, 507x800) Image search: [Google]
1456506-19571729.jpg
163 KB, 507x800
>>44644578
Superman's power is that he wins no matter what, always. Even if he needs to change into a giant robot bigger than multiverse with infinite stats to do so.
>>
>>44644655
Except it isn't a joke, you've complete missed the point. It's cultured, sophisticated and clearly a level above your understanding if you think it's a 'joke.'
>>
>>44644682
It's a comedy mate. It's supposed to be a joke. It's like you haven't even read the mango or watch the animu.
>>
>>44644678
he sure didn't "win" to stop the Nu52 reboot from wiping out his marriage, his son, and his entire reality.
>>
>>44644655
>A kid with shitty karate, hockey pads, and balls of steel rides a bike around and is a Class C hero for fucks sake.

Licenseless Rider is the best dude ever though, real talk. Too weak to be Class B but he takes on S class challenges because who else will?

>>44644678
Funny, that's Saitama's power too! The unstoppable attack meets the immovable force... which will win?
>>
>>44644643
>Just watch the show
Sorry but 4chan is the last place on web where i would ask for anime recommendations. If people here like it here, then probably bathing in rancid piss is more fun than watching it.
>>
>>44644714
Except it rises so much beyond that if you leave it at that level. You sound like the one that hasn't watched it if you still think it's at a level as base as 'comedy.' It's so much more than that.
>>
>>44644721
Didn't even win in Red Son. Was defeated by Luthor writing on a sticky note.
>>
>>44644678
>Superman almost reaches out of the panel towards you in panel 1.

>in panel two he is also reaching outside of his own comic panels.

I liked the effort put into this one, if anything.
>>
>>44644724
Hence the balls of fucking steel. Rider's a OG. It's why Saitama has respect for him.
>>
>>44644603
The story is in the side characters. One Punch Man is a max level character. He can't be beat, he's the greatest shit the cosmos has even known. But it's a kinda "what if God was one of us?" concept.
>>
I'd challenge him to hair growing duel.
>>
>>44644714
That joke was hammered over for the last fifty years. It's like someone trying to make a show about what's up with airline food.
>>
>>44644732
So wait, why are you here? You clearly don't respect or even consider anyone else's viewpoints. Just make a blog instead, so you can talk to yourself.
>>
>>44643916
>His only power
That, and being so fast that Genos, a goddamn cyborg who was impressive enough to get jumped to S class right away, was attacking Saitama's afterimage, and was just mildly annoyed when stomped by giants that dwarfed massive cities and punched to the goddamn moon.
>>
>>44644742
It's basically a typical comically serious shonen with a parody of the typical shonen MC for the protagonist.
>>
>>44644742
It's comedy mate. Yes it has dramatic moments, but it always goes back to being funny.

Does that mean it can't be meaningful? Not at all. Comedy can very easily be meaningful.
>>
>>44644786
So i can poke through your safespace, m8.
>>
>>44644778
Really? Care to link me to some material.

I'd like to see a western take on this theme.
>>
>>44644816
>>44644814
Definitely agreed. A well written comedy show can easily be insightful as well as funny.
>>
>>44644765
Someone needs to do a mash-up of Joan Osborne and the OPM Theme.
>>
>>44644814
Does it have a parody of superpowered neckbeard with harem, for me to self-insert?
>>
>>44644925
You mean like Overlord?
>>
>>44644925
No, it's a shonen parody, not a harem parody. Fuck off, mate.
>>
File: King_on_HA_HQ.png (459 KB, 807x830) Image search: [Google]
King_on_HA_HQ.png
459 KB, 807x830
>>44644925
Not yet, but it does have pic related
>>
>>44643469
Plot Device/ Running Joke
All attacks do xd3 damage where x is the opposing monster's current hp.

OPM is not meant to be balanced.
>>
File: tumblr_mb0jh6fnSZ1qdwxx9.jpg (146 KB, 500x523) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mb0jh6fnSZ1qdwxx9.jpg
146 KB, 500x523
>>44644854
On top of my head? There is "What The?" issue when Fantastic Four meats Not!Superman and he ruins everything by beating every villain ever. You have also that one story when Superman was british which was written by one of the Pythons. There is a lot more in various underground comix. And in a meta sense you have silver age comics which were all about heroes that are vastly overpowered while taking on often laughably weak forces. And of course there is Stardust the Superwizard.
>>
File: One Bait Post.png (74 KB, 194x466) Image search: [Google]
One Bait Post.png
74 KB, 194x466
>>44643916
>Wait he's only power is that he can kill anyone with a punch?

Just read the comic. The original chicken-scratch comic is here for free <http://bato.to/reader#0cba86c6f1dd79b4>. If you can't handle the simple illustration, go dig up the professionally-drawn manga or the anime. The anime is also online for free somewhere. The manga and anime also have slightly different translations.

Saitama's powers include:
>Punches and other physical attacks, including kicks, slaps, and thrown rocks, can defeat almost any enemy in a single blow
>Near-invincibility and incredible endurance (also shown to effortlessly survive in the vacuum of space without air)
>Running and moving very quickly (still arrives late most of the time, but can evade most attacks and attack with great speed)
>Jumping (leapt all the way from the moon back to earth without being noticably tired), but explicitly cannot fly
>>
>>44645108
Okay and how many of those deal with the consequence of them being the literal strongest being in the universe while still having normal human needs and desires?
>>
>>44645285
So you want comedy or in depth analysis? Because if you want the letter then there is most Superman shit written in like forty years. Plus Irremediable and fuck knows how many other.
>>
You guys ever sit in a room where a bunch of nerds who miss the point of One Punch Man spend an hour arguing over power levels?

I tell you what, I didn't make any progress on my essay, but boy was that afternoon in the library a real doozy.
>>
>>44645376
See >>44644814 and >>44644816
>>
>>44645415
And? It's still a tired joke and point that was made dozen times before.
>>
>>44645439
Great so stop repeating your point in a thread who already get that and still enjoy the show anyways.

Take a hint pal.
>>
File: 1451796366384.png (556 KB, 739x1049) Image search: [Google]
1451796366384.png
556 KB, 739x1049
STR, END, DEX - infinity
INT, WIS, CHA - negative
Perverted baldy.
>>
>>44645470
You are on 4chan. Be prepared for people to call things you like shit or fuck off.
>>
>>44645628
How about no and fuck off mate.

Have a nice day.
>>
>>44645660
How about you fuck off back to /a/. And take quests back with you.
>>
>>44645693
Eat a dick pal. Do you prefer chocolate, strawberry, or lemon flavored condoms?
>>
>>44643916
His power is he's arbitrarily strong, fast, and tough.

He can destroy anyone with one punch because he's so strong, fast, and tough that normal punches is all he ever bothers trying.

So far he's only encountered one person that he's had to kill by punching like he actually meant it, one time.
>>
>>44644803
Don't forget he's immune to psychic powers. The strongest psychic in the world tried to throw him into space but just gave herself brain damage instead.
>>
I always enjoy seeing stupid people try to one-up Saitama, the strongest character ever made. Western capeshit wishes it could create anything this thought-provoking and insightful while still being witty and laugh-out-loud worthy.
>>
>>44643469
I feel like the only system you could really stat Saitama out in is Nobilis. At least, it's the only one I know of that stats characters with powers arbitrary enough to handle Nobilis.

Before somebody points it out, no, Exalted doesn't.
>>
>In my homebrew OPM system:

Punches Necessary to Win: 1
>>
>>44645928
Jesus, weboos are getting more and more delusional.
>>
>>44645991
Just stay mad brah.
>>
I remember someone posting a pic of an hero superior to Saitama. Yes. I vaguely remember that he managed to make /v/ like videogames. There's no way for Saitama to reach this
>>
>>44645991
>being so salty
>>
>>44646013
Oh yes, The Powerman!
>>
>>44643469
Mutants and Masterminds:
BAB: +10
AC: +10
F: X
R: X
W: X
T: X

Str: X
Con: X
Dex: X
Int: 10
Wis: 10
Cha: 8
>>
File: 1438866424725.png (815 KB, 1593x5000) Image search: [Google]
1438866424725.png
815 KB, 1593x5000
>>44646013
>>
File: henry armitage.jpg (10 KB, 180x235) Image search: [Google]
henry armitage.jpg
10 KB, 180x235
>>44643469
Fuck that, why don't you stat ME?
>>
>>44643786
Thank you, anon. Took the stats right out of my mouth.
>>
>>44643916
He's a parody of overpowered superheroes and shonen protagonists.

In-universe, how powers are incredible strength, speed, endurance, etc. In actuality, his power is literally "cannot lose".
>>
>>44643786
>pack(3-8)
>3-8 One Punch Mans

Jesus christ how horrifying
>>
>>44646013
>>44646068
>>44646110
Power Man isn't stronger than Saitama, They're the exact same person
>>
>>44646286
It's worth noting that when asked how strong he is, the original writer said that if Saitama were to punch as hard as he could, he'd destroy half the universe.

And only half because the other half would be behind him.
>>
>>44646312
Saitama wouldn't be able to convince /v/ to like video games and he doesn't have better tits than Power Girl.
>>
>>44646416
Only because he doesn't care enough to try. And do you not remember the Oppai shirt? Those are most certainly a better pair of tits than Power Girls
>>
>>44644614
>capeshit

10/10
>>
Punch: 1
Hair: 0
>>
>>44646286
He can lose to King at video games.
>>
>>44646110
Obviously powerman's better since Saitama isn't designed to do anything but what a shonen character does best. He's not meant to be the best at everything, he's designed so that every challenge a shonen protagonist faces he could overcome without putting effort in it.

Powerman would, for example, beat him at video games.

Or emoting.

Or Public Relations

Or any number of things
>>
>>44646286
he lost in popularity contests, in video games, in tests of wit, and in fashion competitions.

he can lose.
>>
>>44646720
So what you're telling me is that King is Powerman?
>>
File: Saitama.png (333 KB, 522x692) Image search: [Google]
Saitama.png
333 KB, 522x692
>>44643645
>>44643852
Better?
>>
>>44646739
Pah, he spends all his time fighting, he couldn't win at anything else - for example video games, you think king (strongest man on earth) has ever touched a video game? No sir, he is training all day long for sure.
>>
The other characters are the highlight of the show/manga.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtLasd93xlA
>>
>>44644383
then you did it wrong faggot
>>
>>44644383
So you had a bald hero in yellow and red that wasnt Saitaima.
>>
>>44644383
>They took him out no sweat
Then it obviously wasn't really Saitama. They'd try to hit him a few times, he'd either tank it or avoid it, he'd suddenly realize he's missing his favorite TV show, and proceed to do what he does best.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_ndqc17q6TM1sqqavy.jpg (151 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_ndqc17q6TM1sqqavy.jpg
151 KB, 500x500
>>44647153
>>44647149
>>44646835
>>
>>44644957
Still think King is some sort of latent reality warper.
>>
>>44644603
The joke is that he's not even the main character.
He's like the chicken knight from Monty Python, he's just there to wrap up the sketch.
>>
File: ANIMEISNOTREAL.png (35 KB, 251x447) Image search: [Google]
ANIMEISNOTREAL.png
35 KB, 251x447
>>44646800
D...d... dad?
>>
>>44647181
I want ice cream now.
>>
>>44647181
>le epik saltee reddit muhmay

Fuck off.
>>
File: tumblr_nya1p8jUXi1tkfucbo1_1280.png (261 KB, 599x514) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nya1p8jUXi1tkfucbo1_1280.png
261 KB, 599x514
I do like some good jap capeheroes. Cared more about Tiger&Bunny than... any western superhero anything.
>>
>>44645108
Stardust is an asshole, and it's hilarious.
>>
>>44647149
>>44647153
Pretty sure it was him, they were just stronger, that's all.
>>
File: the mask.jpg (260 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
the mask.jpg
260 KB, 1024x768
>>44645928
I can think of one character who might take a few punches.
>>
>>44647918
Gr8 b8, m8, I r8 8/8
>>
>>44647740
Tiger and Bunny was nice, but it had some issues.

Like, the parody of sponsership was pretty clever, but after about three episodes I realize that I was still having Jap ads in my face, except this time more blatantly and far more often.

It's plot was pretty wonky, bounced around too much. Like, the love letter to superheroes was nice and all, but it still seemed kind of eh. The X-Man factor was interesting, but it just wasn't deep enough, and the final plot line combined with the absolute lack of real resolution to it just ended up leaving a sour taste in my mouth. It suggests this whole thing as important, but doesn't really go into it at all, even though it has a huge implication across the entire show.

Combine that with the numerous sub plots and the fact that it only really resolves one of them to any real point and it made for a fun, if shallow and empty, show.
>>
>>44648039
I can have characters capable of being stronger than Saitama in my setting. So can you in yours. Saitama isn't invulnerable to interpretation.
>>
>>44648201
The whole point of his character, by nature, is that he's the strongest character in existence.

That's the entire point of his major character arc: Saitama can never meet someone stronger than him, because he is the single strongest person in existence.

I don't give a shit what people do to give their godmod jollies off, but saying you beat him in a fight showcases that you failed to understand the entire point of his character and the underlying theme of the series itself.
>>
>>44648267
That's his major character arc within the show. That doesn't necessarily matter outside of the show when he is brought into other media.

Saitama has been defeated within my players' setting. That's just the cold hard fact of the situation. Say what you want about me misunderstanding the character but that doesn't alter the fact that in some sense, there are characters stronger than Saitama.
>>
File: Ryougi.Shiki.full.1071916.jpg (660 KB, 1296x1848) Image search: [Google]
Ryougi.Shiki.full.1071916.jpg
660 KB, 1296x1848
>>44648267
>but saying you beat him in a fight showcases that you failed to understand the entire point of his character and the underlying theme of the series itself.
Ahem.
>>
>>44648344
All you're doing is claiming that your characters are Infinity + 1 power level, while Saitama is Infinity.

It's meaningless and pointless, and serves only as a poor attempt at a troll.
>>
>>44648428
Yet within the setting we are using, it's true. There are characters that are stronger than Saitama.

There's no need to defend Saitama. Hell, I'm sure he'd be quite glad that he's capable of being defeated in mediums other than the one he exists in.
>>
>>44643469
The more interesting question is: If a character reaches infinite STR, CON and DEX, is it inevitable for them to become Saitama-like?
>>
>>44648344
How about you shut tgat stupid mouth of your syou stupoid diposhit? you failed to ralixe the core consept of the fucking character and you are proud of it like some damn retard. Fuck of and die you dispshit.
>>
>>44648505
Honestly, the trolling gets worse the more you do it.
>>
>>44648528
Simon hit a similar level towards the end of Gurren Lagann and he didn't seem too upset about it.
>>
What would happen if Saitama punched himself as hard as he could?
>>
>>44648505
>There are characters that are stronger than Saitama in the setting
Name one. The only real disadvantage Saitama has is that he's not especially clever.
>>
>>44648528
No, because he wouldn't have the otherworldly perception Saitama does.
>>
>>44648610
What I don't understand is why having Saitama as fallible in the setting other than the one he exists in is considered 'trolling.'

I'd say that the setting is more interesting for the fact that Saitama can be defeated within it, rather than rehashing the premise of the show by depicting him as unbeatable.
>>
>>44648681
>Name one.
Gdwajsfjs the allpowerful. I just made him up, his power is maximum.
>>
>>44648681
Christian and muslim depiction of Yahweh for example is more powerful. One-Above-All from Marvel is more powerful too.
>>
>>44648711
It's not creative to just say that an invincible character is defeated in a game of pretend. Just don't put them in your stories, use purple prose about how people are so powerful in your setting they hit each others with universes.

OPM is more than a shitty DMPC because powerlevel wankery isn't the point of the show.
>>
>>44648759
Yeah? Well, I activate my everything-proof shield!
>>
File: 1451623927758.webm (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1451623927758.webm
3 MB, 480x270
Dude can tank like a motherfucker.
>>
>>44648711
It's kind of like saying "Yeah, well my character can beat up the Christian God" without realizing that the Christian God is, canonically, infinitely powerful. Saitama is infinitely powerful, fast, and tough.

If you can defeat Saitama in your setting, you're not really fighting Saitama as he canonically is in his own setting - you're either fighting a version of him from when he was not infinitely powerful or a deliberately unpowered version of him.

A finitely powerful person cannot defeat an infinitely powerful person.
>>
>>44648815
>in the setting
>>
>>44648840
But! But... but i'm a super hacker and i disable your shield! When i punch you really hard!
>>
>>44643469

str: 100 push ups
dex: 100 sit ups
Con: 100 squats
Int: 9
Wis: 9
Cha: 9

HP: 1000KM
>>
>>44648883
Too bad I'm wearing a punch-proof jumpsuit under my clothes!
>>
I thought it was just a guy (if quite fit) with a beats-everything punch, not another Godman.
I'm disappointed.
>>
>>44643538
Well i love cause this is official
>>
>>44648858
>it gets all quiet once he's in space

Fucking great attention to detail.
>>
>>44648872
Canonically Yahweh is not almighty, there is not a single passage in canonical bible that says so. And yes you can can beat character who is infinitely powerful, fast, and tough. Trapping him within an alternate dimension is one way to do it. You could also erase him from a timeline and so on.
>>
>>44648937
This is what i thought too. If i wanted to read superman i would just read superman. Or go see a psychiatrist.
>>
>>44648937
He's actually exactly what you described the first time. His training regimen was literally

>100 pushups
>100 situps
>100 squads
>a 10km run
>every single day

And then he got stronk and the story began.
>>
File: OPM deep sea king.jpg (593 KB, 1186x1047) Image search: [Google]
OPM deep sea king.jpg
593 KB, 1186x1047
>>44648937
Saitama is not the point of OPM.
The shit around him is what makes the series great.
>>
>>44648819
>>44648872
The reason he was included was to provide the players with a challenge in the form of a being on the 'infinite' scale of power. The point of the exercise was for them to overcome the obstacle of Saitama's infinite physical prowess and they were able to and moved on to the next challenge. It's that simple.

Following the example of Yahweh, he's depicted as omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent within the source material but there's countless forms of modern media in which he is slain, defeated or outclassed in some fashion. Saitama is not immune to the same treatment.
>>
File: OPM.png (1 MB, 800x1652) Image search: [Google]
OPM.png
1 MB, 800x1652
Anyone who argues about power levels in regards to OPM is fucking missing the point. They even make fun of power levels in the damn manga. These kind of threads are cancerous at the best of times, but it's even worse when it's involving material that tries to distance itself from this pointless bickering.

May as well go make a thread saying who would win in a fight, Popeye with Spinach or Droopy after Popeye wronged him somehow.
>>
>>44648927
No because i punched you with my Dragon Fist moves and my fists are now on fire and i punched you so extra hard!
>>
>>44648937
>>44648987
well tough luck, he's Goku deconstructed
>>
>>44649124
absolute willpower 10 times out of 10. Only one that can have you achieve your goals.
>>
File: SiR comic 2016.png (3 MB, 1680x3549) Image search: [Google]
SiR comic 2016.png
3 MB, 1680x3549
>>44649037
So it is basically a "/fit/ power fantasy", the anime?
>>
>>44648987
Superman is also a moral paragon, he's inspirational. Saitama is a tongue-in-cheek character but the absurdity of the genre OPM parodies also make him a compelling character who's very different from Supes. He's a guy who wanted to become the strongest superhero, got his wishes, and found out it didn't fullfill him.

>>44649123
Whatever.
>>
File: stardust1.jpg (23 KB, 400x255) Image search: [Google]
stardust1.jpg
23 KB, 400x255
>>44648681
>Name one.
Previously mentioned Stardust the Super Wizard would mop the floor with Saitama for being a filthy fifty column trying to destroy civilisation forever. Because he would change him into a mop. A mop with a face. A bald face.
>>
>>44649225
the anime - the parody, yeah
>>
>>44649241
Since Shonen sometimes have polymorph, it is very likely Saitama's bodily strength somehow prevents it.
>>
>>44649241
Alpha level Psykers are unable to harm him directly
>>
>>44649225

I'm pretty sure the guy with rectangular glasses in the middle is literally cosplaying as Saitama.
>>
>>44649225
The joke is that that's very clearly not the way to become powerful enough to jump from the moon to earth.
>>
File: 1446078369599.png (670 KB, 875x836) Image search: [Google]
1446078369599.png
670 KB, 875x836
>>44648937

He can also wiggle his ears.
>>
File: Sir comic 2015.jpg (853 KB, 1755x3285) Image search: [Google]
Sir comic 2015.jpg
853 KB, 1755x3285
>>44649225
/fit/ has the dankest menes.
>>
>>44649225
The /fit/ comics are seriously the greatest thing.
>>
File: 1449472603907.jpg (25 KB, 187x223) Image search: [Google]
1449472603907.jpg
25 KB, 187x223
>>44646800
>>
File: FNF-Stardust7.jpg (68 KB, 467x318) Image search: [Google]
FNF-Stardust7.jpg
68 KB, 467x318
>>44649303
>>44649380
You don't understand. Stardust is the Super Wizard.
>>
File: SiR comic god lift the queen.jpg (349 KB, 780x3198) Image search: [Google]
SiR comic god lift the queen.jpg
349 KB, 780x3198
>>44649464
They really are.
>>
He'd have to be statted under a ruleset that accounts for gods when you consider his training regiment likely just allowed him to achieve enlightenment and transcend humanity.
>>
File: Sir comic glutes for the sloots.jpg (161 KB, 480x1600) Image search: [Google]
Sir comic glutes for the sloots.jpg
161 KB, 480x1600
>>44649519
>>
File: Sir comic 2014.jpg (542 KB, 1800x2156) Image search: [Google]
Sir comic 2014.jpg
542 KB, 1800x2156
>>44649612
>>
File: Sir comic creatine 1.jpg (238 KB, 810x1013) Image search: [Google]
Sir comic creatine 1.jpg
238 KB, 810x1013
Now, sit and witness the tale of gains.
>>
File: Sir comic creatine 2.jpg (381 KB, 810x1013) Image search: [Google]
Sir comic creatine 2.jpg
381 KB, 810x1013
>>44649890
>>
File: Sir comic creatine 3.jpg (211 KB, 810x1013) Image search: [Google]
Sir comic creatine 3.jpg
211 KB, 810x1013
>>44649917
>>
>>44649123
So you're that GM.
>>
File: Sir comic creatine 4.jpg (318 KB, 810x1013) Image search: [Google]
Sir comic creatine 4.jpg
318 KB, 810x1013
>>44649942
>>
I know it's a joke, but has anyone ever figured out how Saitama became so powerful?

In his own words he just did a ridiculous strength training regime for three years. Genos calls bullshit on it and rightly so because if it was all just training then Saitama would only be as strong as Bang or that S-rank tank top guy and clearly he's beyond them.
>>
File: Sir comic creatine 5.jpg (216 KB, 810x1013) Image search: [Google]
Sir comic creatine 5.jpg
216 KB, 810x1013
>>44649971
>>
>>44649977
Judging by what was going on with Garou he broke his limiter, HARD.
>>
File: Sir comic creatine 6.jpg (365 KB, 810x1013) Image search: [Google]
Sir comic creatine 6.jpg
365 KB, 810x1013
>>44649993
>>
File: Sir comic creatine 7.jpg (209 KB, 810x1013) Image search: [Google]
Sir comic creatine 7.jpg
209 KB, 810x1013
>>44650018
>>
>>44649960
The players wouldn't agree with that. They enjoyed the challenge. I'd be that GM if I presented them with a threat they couldn't kill.

A real 'that GM' includes a true-to-OPM Saitama in their game and greedily sticks to that 'nuh-uh, you totally can't beat him, he's infinitely more powerful than you' rhetoric while wearing a shit-eating grin.
>>
>>44648872
This is beside the point, but I could swear that I read somewhere about somebody beating the Christian God in wrestling.
>>
>>44649977
He either became one of the mysterious beings or more likely shattered his limiter and consumed the pieces for more power.
>>
File: Sir comic creatine 8.jpg (131 KB, 780x975) Image search: [Google]
Sir comic creatine 8.jpg
131 KB, 780x975
>>44650047
>>
>>44644925
There's Pig God, an S-class hero whose superpower is being superfat and eating all of his enemies.
>>
File: Sir comic creatine 9.jpg (220 KB, 810x1013) Image search: [Google]
Sir comic creatine 9.jpg
220 KB, 810x1013
>>44650076
>>
File: Sir comic creatine 10.jpg (344 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Sir comic creatine 10.jpg
344 KB, 1920x1080
>>44650106
And thus the tale ends.
>>
>>44650129
the original is better because his skinflaps are flying in the breeze
>>
File: symptoms-autism.jpg (127 KB, 679x960) Image search: [Google]
symptoms-autism.jpg
127 KB, 679x960
>this entire thread
>>
>>44650183
Only when you showed up.
>>
File: 112.png (118 KB, 500x296) Image search: [Google]
112.png
118 KB, 500x296
>>44643586
underrated post
>>
>>44644854
The tick, maybe. But OPM is better.
>>
>>44646800
I always thought it was a nice twist that I ended up enjoying the non-fighting parts of the show with Saitama, it seemed that's where the real challenges are for him like his public image and perception. I'm not sure if that's how it was supposed to be though.
>>
>>44650601
I'm pretty sure that's the point. That Saitama's strength has kind of put him in his own little world to the point where mundane things just confound the poor guy.
>>
>>44645399
Seriously.
>>
>>44649124
Can I still grow a beard with absolute power? I mean Saitama still has eyebrows, so facial hair is game on.

If it's a hairless body then frankly I'd welcome it so I don't have to deal with the jungle of hair on my shoulders, back, and ass.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (98 KB, 350x539) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
98 KB, 350x539
>>44644678
>Superman's power is that he wins no matter what, always
What?
>>
>>44650784

Superman Thought Robot.
>>
File: Force of Earth vs Clark's face.jpg (413 KB, 1087x1597) Image search: [Google]
Force of Earth vs Clark's face.jpg
413 KB, 1087x1597
>>44650801
>Thought Robot
>most something most Supermans don't have
I bet that Michael Demiurgos & Lucifer Morningstar could each defeat even that Superman.
>>
>>44650601
It's basically a study in creating a compelling story where there's no possibility for violent tension with the protagonist.

ONE is an immensely skilled story teller with a fantastic sense of humour considering how great it is
>>
>>44650934
I personally got tired of it some time through. It felt to me that the same joke was repeated over & over & yet somehow people think it isn't stale.
>>
>>44651066

Sokka.
>>
So where's a fanfic about him?
>>
>>44651200
Only fanfic I read was on imgur about him meeting Vegeta, Vegeta getting all hyped and Saitama getting bored and checking out the local grocery stores bargains
>>
>>44649148
You fool! I have spent years developing the perfect counterattack to Dragon Fist style, and your defeat is inevitable!
>>
File: Untitled.png (566 KB, 400x580) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
566 KB, 400x580
>>44651369
But anon, you just activated my Trap Card
>>
>>44651369
You guys sound like I did in 6th grade.
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 223x310
>>44651439
But you've activated my trap card that destroys your trap card!
>>
>>44643469
strength=infinite?
>>
>>44651482
Dude what the fuck you can't just play a Magic card in Yu-Gi-Oh. That shit's not regulation!
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 720x479) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 720x479
>>44651546
>>
File: Saitama.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Saitama.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44643469
> extreme Strength
> can one-punch anything physically destructible in basic/supers GURPS
> really fast
> about as smart as an 8th grader
> hero
done
>>
>>44651637
What system is this?
>>
>>44651637
Give him cosmic DR and a cosmic innate for the punches.

>>44651637
GURPS.
>>
>>44651746
> cosmic innate for the punches.
That's not cannon bro. So far he's just insurmountably strong.
>>
so there's an undertale/opm crossover. anybody want it?
>>
>>44651872
First I want to know what the hell undertale is. Then what is this crossover? Is it a wall of text, comic, photo, etc?
>>
File: 01.jpg (240 KB, 1144x1411) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
240 KB, 1144x1411
>>44651952
HERE WE GOOOOO
>>
File: 02.jpg (389 KB, 1147x1388) Image search: [Google]
02.jpg
389 KB, 1147x1388
>>44651972
>>
>>44644315
He casually scratched his nose in a black hole. I'm pretty sure moving faster than light is not much of a problem.
>>
File: 03.jpg (336 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
03.jpg
336 KB, 1200x1600
>>44651996
>>
File: 04.jpg (482 KB, 1145x1548) Image search: [Google]
04.jpg
482 KB, 1145x1548
>>44652021
>>
File: 05.jpg (300 KB, 1148x1308) Image search: [Google]
05.jpg
300 KB, 1148x1308
>>44652051
HALFWAY MARK
>>
File: 06.jpg (519 KB, 1144x1450) Image search: [Google]
06.jpg
519 KB, 1144x1450
>>44652102
>>
File: 07.jpg (506 KB, 1141x1434) Image search: [Google]
07.jpg
506 KB, 1141x1434
>>44652130
>>
File: 08.jpg (359 KB, 1142x1439) Image search: [Google]
08.jpg
359 KB, 1142x1439
>>44652154
>>
>>44644479
E=mc^2 dude.

By mass energy equivalence, his punches, if they contained enough energy, would produce significant gravitational effects. To the point of black holes if they were strong enough.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 68

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.